Review of Zoosk

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

darnells8
4/17/17

I have always enjoyed using zoosk but what you pay for the subscription is not fair. You only get a few options with it. Other than that I did finally meet a real woman of value . Actually a true God fearing woman. If you are looking to meet someone you just might find them on zoosk.

maxl44
4/17/17

There is so many profiles but they do not show online. On 6 months no luck. I do believe is plenty of Fake profiles. To make you pay subscription.
Regret the payment, was late.
AVOID IT.

elained31
4/15/17

It was fine until I went to cancel my subscription. I cancelled it and then they billed me anyway so I had to call my bank to dispute the charges. Cancelling on your services was very hard. It was a good site to meet people and I liked how to communicate and get around the site but the billing was an issue and I am still in the works to get my money back.

lawrenceh59
4/14/17

The absolute worst of the many online dating services.I signed up after spotting, during their free trial, someone of interest in a nearby city because I had to join to email this person.

Once they had my money (almost $80), that person in the nearby city did not appear anymore. Zoosk said that they couldn't control that. It was blatant misrepresentation and criminal deceit. Within the hour, I complained about the lies and got only response that I could cancel my account, but no refund.

Since I was trapped I decided to see if the service had any merits, but the website is useless. Searches ignore the settings preferences that I set. There is no way to keep a list of any profile of interest except by actually contacting that person instantly. A simple way of being able to save profiles without contact is a no-brainer in my opinion.

They have some sort of carousel BS that helps them match you. It is a farce. I received plenty of contacts from interested women, but even if I have deleted them they continue to appear in my contacted folder. They are immune from the law being based in Canada.

I am going to spend every chance I get reporting and warning people about Zoosk. I have belonged to other services. This is the worst.

Way past bordering on criminal misrepresentation.BEWARE

I liked: Very little.

Additionally I didn't like: Automatic billing of cc and no refund on day 1 of service complaint. I also 99% believe they sold my cell phone number to telemarketers.

suem115
4/14/17

but you have to have patience and make sure your profile reflects the type of person you are looking for.

samk108
Sam k.
4/13/17

I didnt believe much in dating sites since i always got so much spam. But i read the reviews on zoosk and they were intriguing. So i gave it a try and now im with someone i enjoy sharing my life with.
Thank u zoosk for connecting me to the right person.

jamesc414
4/13/17

Enjoyed talking/texting with applicant's looking for their mates I was an enjoyable experience and I learned to use good communication technique's

chrisb363
4/13/17

Iv never tried a dating site this was my first, It takes a bit to understand how to interact with other but once I did I found an amazing women thanks Zoosk.

stevenm178
4/11/17

it sucks. Very shallow site. I feel like a cow at show. my mom is a abfdsNDSJBKGKJBDSAKJGASFKJDBGKJLASDBFGKJSFDKJ

karag11

Heres to hoping! 3rd person ive met online
Hoping 3rd times the charm. Untill next time! (Or not!)......

erins73
4/9/17

I met a great man on here. We went on our first date last night and it went very well. I hope he and I will go on many many more dates.

paulac71
4/9/17

Finally after weeding through a lot found a real man......................................................... ...

georgem197
4/8/17

Zoosk is a great way to find and meet people that are looking for a relationship in your area. If it worked for me living in a very remote rural area it can definitely work for anyone.

dianaa47
4/8/17

I tried Zoosk for 30 days and was impressed with the amount of daily winks; however, there weren't very many within 50 mile radius. I got to know some interesting men and professionals too. I'm satisfied with my experience and met a wonderful man that I want to get to know better and vice versa. If it doesn't work out in the long run then I will definitely be returning to this dating site. The system of meeting people works and you get to select who you are interested in so they will in turn contact you if it is a mutual attraction. (Carousel) The messaging system is without delay and the option to block those who you wish not to contact you is made possible. Zoosk is the best dating site for people my age. (40's)

barbarab227
4/6/17

Like most others, I was suckered into paying for a subscription so I could read my messages. I was quickly matched with an extremely high amount of men, and I had just as many men interested in me and requesting to chat with me. I began chatting with several different men. The first man I became interested in lived 373 miles away. After chatting on Zoosk for a while, he asked to chat with me via phone. I provided him with my number. We chatted via phone/text and he soon invited me to visit him. He paid for me to come to see him and we had a great time and really connected. I thought he was a wonderful man. I stayed for 5 days and we set up another trip, this time to come and stay for 10 days. In the meantime, he became ill and was hospitalized. I still talked to him everyday and when things were bad, I communicated with his daughter. He was in the hospital and rehab a total of 3 weeks and my trip was coming up in a week. He was anxious to see me. I talked to him on a Wednesday, and didn't hear from him the next day or the following day. When I tried to contact him, his phone would ring, I would leave messages, send texts - no response. Finally - a 3-line text saying "I'm sorry I've been so difficult lately. I really need to get my health straightened out. We'll see what happens at that point." That was it. I never heard from him again. He never officially "broke up" with me, he never officially cancelled the trip, etc. I was just left to wonder what happened. I did a little background searching on him and found out he had lied to me. He said he was married and divorced twice. He left out the third marriage and divorce I found on his county website. He also committed tax fraud on five years of his returns. The lawsuit against him was dropped when he filed Chapter 11 (Corporate reorganization) bankruptcy. I cautiously moved on to another man who was nice and a little bit closer (90 miles). Same scenario, chatted on Zoosk, moved on to talking/texting on phone. He asked to come to see me. We set up the date and time and talked the day before. He was to call me when he was on the road, but said the call should come around 12:30 p.m. That time came and went. At 1:30 p.m., I called him - two rings and it went to voicemail. He finally called me to say (in his fake shaky voice) that he was sick and had been trying to work up the courage to call and tell me he wasn't coming. In the meantime, I had spruced up my house, gone to the store to get some snacks, and got ready. Total time spent - approximately 4 hours. I told him that it wasn't a problem and we could reschedule some other time if he wanted. Still, the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth since he had known the entire day that he wasn't going to come to see me and could have cancelled before I went to all the trouble of preparing for his visit. He contacted me the next day and asked to reschedule the date. We set it up for the next week, and every time I communicated with him thereafter, I asked if the date was still on, and every time he replied "yes." The night before the date he sent me a text saying that he had looked at a couple of places to eat and said his plan was to be on the road by 2 p.m., to arrive at 3:30 p.m. He said he would call me before Noon. Noon came and went. At 12:10 p.m., I called him. Same thing happened as the previous time - phone went to voicemail after 2 rings. I texted him - no response. At 12:30 p.m., I called again - same thing. At 1 p.m. I sent him a text and said that it was over an hour past the time he said he was going to call and that if he was planning on being on the road in an hour, that I would think he would be up and about and would have long since contacted me. Finally, about 15 minutes later, I received a text from him saying, "no matter what I say you are probably not going to believe me..." He went on to say that his days and nights had been mixed up for a few days and that when I called him the first time he had only been asleep for 3 hours and there was no way he could drive down to see me on 3 hours of sleep. I asked him why he hadn't simply called me when he went to bed at 9 a.m. to say he was just going to sleep and would not be able to come down. He had no answer for me. Luckily, this time I had done no preparation, not even getting ready as my gut instinct was he was going to do this again. I went on to learn that although his profile said he was "divorced," he was not actually "divorced," rather "separated." I told him that Zoosk had the option of putting "separated" as a status and asked why he didn't do that. He said it was because his divorce was going to be final "soon," and that he had been "separated" for 7 years; also, because women would just go right past him if he put "separated" as his marital status. So - another man who lied! In every conversation that I had with him, this man referred to the woman he was married to as "my wife." He never once referred to her as his "ex," or "soon to be ex," etc. It was why I questioned him about being married, and he told me he was "separated." I don't believe for one minute that this man was in the process of a divorce. Someone who had been separated for 7 years would not continually talk about his wife using the term, "my wife." I asked the man to never contact me again and blocked him on Zoosk and on my Facebook page. Unfortunately, I can't completely block him from my phone, but so far, he has not tried to contact me. I am now, again very cautiously, dating a man from Zoosk who only lives a few miles from me and has been a gentleman in every way. He is kind and gentle and I hold out some hope for this relationship. I went into such details about my first two experiences on Zoosk because I want to warn women to be very, very careful on this website. Even though we may feel safe with verified photos, phone numbers, email addresses and FB pages, these things definitely do NOT mean that a man is being honest. I wish that I could post the names of these men so that other women could be forewarned, but I know that is defamation of character, and so I can't do it. Hopefully my experiences will be enough that women will do a little background checking on the men they are going to date BEFORE they date them, rather than the way I did it - which was after the fact. Sorry for the long story, but if it helps just one person, then it was well worth the read!

Tip for consumers: Do your OWN background checks. Do not rely on Zoosk's "verification" process!

pamm72
4/5/17

I have tried other online dating sites and like this one the best. I really like that they verify photos, numbers, facebook...It made me feel much safer talking to the men on there. I liked that you knew anytime someone viewed your profile. You knew who was checking you out and then you could block them if not interested or didn't want them viewing you. It made me feel safer talking to the guys. You knew that the picture was real and they were who they said they were. I would and have recommended this site to my friends who want to find someone.

joelh40
4/5/17

I met someone; but couldn't cancel account........
Not sure why.....said my account was in use by someone over seas......
Beware of their scam...
Fraud...
Out to take your money.....

sonjic
4/4/17

I have been on and off Zoosk for the past 3 years. It got me out of my comfort zone and made me realize that I'm an attractive woman. I learned what Qualities I'm searching for and finally brought me the man who has them all.

jessej25
4/3/17

Most of the women looked fake and thebones who were real never messeged back. But i did find someone and she is amazing

jamieb91
4/3/17

I wanted a site that wasn't just for bootie calls. Though sometimes it was frustrating, specially when I'd send a message without as much as a "no thanks", I did meet a few people who made me laugh & one person I'm hoping becomes a long term deal.

tereg
4/3/17

He had this for a few months I just started and clicked as soon as we starred to chat. Thanks so much for tge help amd good luck everyone

laural153
4/2/17

I didn't know if this type of dating would actually work for me, but n less than 90 days, someone very special found me. I believe if you know who you are and what you want, Zoosk can work for you as well.

rustyt4
3/31/17

Basically it sucked, but I found someone I care about. I would not recommend this site to anyone as it's all views and not much interaction from other females. The format is easy, and when something is so easy it usually sucks out loud.

revennaf
3/31/17

Had a pleasant experience. I met someone that I get along with and share many common interests. He's super sweet and has changed my mind about men in today's society. I now believe there are still good men out there, they're just hiding and waiting for the right woman.

mikew233
3/31/17

Used zoosl and almost gave up but it really happened for me. It was a great experience and I'm so glad that I didn't give up. I would recommend it to everyone.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

205 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zoosk staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question