Review of Zoosk

San Francisco, CA 94103
Tel: 1-888-939-6675

thomasg105
7/31/17

I'm happy to say that online dating does work. I find this site is better than the most popular one's out there. So keep at it, write a profile that describes you, be honest and your day will come.

terenceg12
7/31/17

Zoosk is great. I have used other sites with no results. This site has allowed me to locate and meet someone very special and dear to my heart. And it only took a few weeks. Thanks so much.

michaelr360
7/29/17

Overall one of the better dating sites. It's a bit expensive, but what's love worth? I love that they verify the photos. I would definitely use it again, but hopefully I'll never have to.

danap38
7/29/17

I have tried a few other dating sites and Zoosk was the easiest to use and the best for getting to know people. It took me awhile to meet someone special, but that is to be expected. I went off a few times, dated someone and when it did not work out i came right back on and tried again. If this relationship does not work out i will go back on the site. Found it a great way to connect with people and i have recommended it to many of my friends as the best online dating site.

chrism373
7/28/17

Thanks not alot of singles in my area found one it's going good not worth the money I don't think though the free online stuff isn't much different

russellc28
7/28/17

I thought it was a free dating site, and sure you can join and spend an hour putting in all your personal details for free but to contact someone costs. First there is a subscription $30 per month, then a $25 joining fee, then a further $20+ per month so that others can contact you back etc, Then more charges to buy coins! (There are other better constructed sites like pof and OKCupid that really are free)
After all that there are insufficient search filters and it takes an extra click and wait to refresh to see profile details so it takes ages to sort through the unsuitable people who are too tall, too short, wrong religion etc.
There are insufficient options or guidelines for body type so effectively Slim = anything from Skinny to Average, Average = Overweight and curvy could mean anything from slim wasted with curves to obese.
Two days after joining I tried to pause my subscription which is a very complex process and doesn't actually pause your subscription, so it will still expire at the same time even if you are unable to use it and it is difficult to find how to stop the auto renewals, one auto renewal for the sub's and another for the additional features. You have to find and stop both or you will keep getting charged every month.
Positive reviews are probably by staff or paid reviewers.

larryc108
7/27/17

I've been on zoosk as a free member for a few months. I kept getting messages that my profile was being "viewed" by the same woman once or twice a day for a week. I figured that she also has a free account so she couldn't message me - but it seemed she was checking me out. I decided to see if she was on facebook so I could contact her there. I found her on facebook (same pic). So I made a facebook friend request. Well, she not only declined my friend request but also blocked me. Oops. LOL. Obviously, she wasn't interested. Evidently, zoosk posts fake "views" from people whom you have viewed so that you will become a paying member and be able to contact them. Shame on you zoosk. Now this woman probably thinks I'm some kind of stalker for tracking her down on facebook. Omy.

margarittam
7/27/17

Zoosk should be taken off the hosts costomer service sucks you can't choose for yourself . Zoosk keep sending the same guys you delete or blocked guys on there not serious some decent guys never will I reccomend to stay away from ZOOSK

paulr236
7/27/17

I had suscribed one time but got very frustrated with the misleading mileage according to Zoosk. The distance in miles was off by at least 20 miles or better when I checked against Mapquest. I found that source to be that much more reliable.
Beware of Golddiggers as well! I even emailed them and they never responded
to me so I unsubscribed!

bridgetm25
7/26/17

Met several guys on here and chatted a bit. But one was looking for the same as I. Excellent their were no scam artist on here that I met.

amyl171
7/25/17

It was ok... guys were for the most part only out for sex. All the dating sites are the same. Nothing special about Zoosk. Same thing I got on Bumble for free.

scottn56
7/25/17

I had a good experience here met some nice ladies and met a great lady i think its a little to expensive but worth it if you meet someone

debbyp5
7/24/17

I subscribed to two other online dating sites and was very disappointed with one of them. It had too many scammers on there. The other dating site was able to catch and name the scammer and notify me by email, blocking them from contacting me again! That was a great service offered by them. However, I decided to try Zoosk after seeing an add while I was in my facebook and I am so very glad I did! I met the love of my life there and only ran into one scammer on my journey. :D Thank you, Zoosk!

kimberlyz7
7/24/17

It's great I didn't thinl this was for me. Till I did meet someone great. That I would have never met do to distance 1 hour in a half from me thank you Zoosk!

jamiee27
7/23/17

I feel as if Zoosk will not only help you find love but other wonderful friend connections! I believe the search is over for me!

jeremiahn9
7/22/17

Get winks and messages and they don't talk.................................................................................................

jeanb103
7/21/17

are so sweet and kind and considerate....read your profile and then blood suck.....i really dont care for the private pictures because you thought you were going to chat with someone...not see their genitalia......i did find three people to talk to in 4 days......til i exchanged phone numbers and started gettin g pictures...you guys are gross and not desireable or sexy...by any stretch of the imagination

lisab369
7/20/17

Don't give up. There is someone out there for you. Be picky and don't settle. I paid monthly and it was the best for me , cause you never know when you will find the right person.

angelah116
7/20/17

Real profiles this time around. Glad I signed up. I have told many of my friends who are single about this site, its better than POF!!!

damarism9
7/19/17

Average site,charging for basic uses ,tried to hide my profile and it was impossible without pay.Started as a free trial and the only thing you are able to do is looking at pics.Pay for only one month.

brieannet
7/18/17

What to say, we met, we dated, it worked. Ironically she was the first person I met, but I'd like her to be the last. So I'm out.

honourl
7/17/17

I like the fact that this site checks to make sure people are who they claim to be by verifying phone numbers, photos, etc.

elliotts20
7/16/17

Good site, nice women. There are great people out there to meet. I enjoyed using this site as it provided a positive experience for me as well as the woman I met and fell in love with.

michaelp325
7/16/17

Great site good ways to meet and talk to people. Only thing missing and the site should have is a search engine so that you can type in someone's username and get connected right away with that person so you can talk to them.

madelineh8
7/16/17

Okay I have a complaint, why do you make it so freaking hard to actually meet people? You claim it's "free" but it really isn't extra charges everywhere, even to read messages. Screw you.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

NO MA'AM IT IS NOT. In fact I only used the coins when I could get them for free. Under the system that's no longer possible. Nobody takes that sort of thing seriously, and for a woman it's even less relevant.

By Kevin W. on 8/20/16
Helpful answer

Most of the profiles are fake. PROOF: After 26 days, I deleted all of the information and pictures on my profile and canceled but my subscription still had 4 more days. Each of those four days, I had numerous messages from women wanting to talk with me and each message then had an overlay telling me that it wasn't too late to change my mind about cancelling. Zoosk IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Herman M. on 9/11/15
Helpful answer

They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!

By Don J. on 4/4/15
Helpful answer

Most of the profiles in Zoosk aren't even current, so what you are seeing are basically phantom profiles. For instance, once you decide not to renew your profile, they keep your profile up anway [instead of taking it down] and they use it sending out mechanical greetings attached to your profile to unsuspecting members. In other words, don't be expecting anyone to even write back. Chances are you will be communicating with an old profile that has expired a long time ago.

By Ray S. on 7/17/15
Helpful answer

Chances are you're sending a message to someone that was a member long ago and isn't registered any longer. Zoosk is a total scam.

By tom r. on 11/20/15
Helpful answer

I believe it is. But how safe is the internet these days. Just don't be quick to give too much information too soon you will know when its right to share. Good luck

By Anthony H. on 12/27/15
Helpful answer

Yep, you gotta pay for the subscription!

By Mel D. on 11/4/15
Helpful answer

Just a damm good money making machine imho who the hell os going to go 300 miles plus for a date and the majority of profiles are expired but kept on to look like they are active save your money mate

By barry s. on 9/20/15
Helpful answer

I'm not sure. When I signed up, I thought it was only going to cost $29.99 for 3 months. When I got to the end they wanted to charge another fee, I think for processing or something. I backed out. Later I got an e-mail telling me that the fee was dropped. I did meet one man, he was nice, but wasn't for me.

By Debbie P. on 8/26/15
Helpful answer

The site is a scam. I requested a 100 mile radius and got matches from all across the country. I started to talk to someone they the site who turned out to be a scammer. Fortunately I work in a field where I am trained to spot a scam but he had no idea so I played along until he went to 'Dubai' to buy jewels to open a jewelry store. That's when he needed a new IPhone and laptop. I then told him I knew what he was and reported him to Zoosk, they didn't care

By Christine B. on 10/23/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other customers.

29 Photos for Zoosk