US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

stevel130
2/21/17

I am just amazed with Yext, starting with their sales department, being polite and knowledgeable. Then when I have questions on how things work, their Tech. support actually helps and isn't trying to rush me off the phone. As for the product it works just as they said it would. Yext really simplifies my online business activity and allows me to do way more than I could do with out it. I just can't say enough good things about this company.

tw32
2/17/17

Sign up to register my business on MAPQUEST website, NOT yext. Next thing I know we have very aggressive and pushy sales rep from Yext calling wanting to charge us $499 for registering our business!!! I never went to Yext nor gave my information to them, but they intercept your business info when registering your business on 3rd party web sites...AVOID!!!

tammyj27
2/10/17

I signed up with YEXT and after two weeks of trying it, decided it wasnt worth the price tag. YEXT says i'm out of luck and have to stay with them for a year, spending nearly 2,000 on a service i don't want and don't need.
Stay away from YEXT

edwards105
1/31/17

As a small business owner i have to find time during the week to manage how my business looks online to my customers, we dont have the type of budget to hire someone in house or even subcontract this task to someone else, but with Yext, we pay a reasonable premium that gets us listed all over the internet and it takes only seconds to make adjustments to my 60+ business listings all over the internet. I'm on my 3rd annual renewal now and look forward to many more years to come with them. Great customer service, not 1 complaint so far during our 3 years with them. I can recommend Yext's service to any business out there looking to get more traffic and exposure online.

terric44
1/30/17

As a new Yext user, I had a few questions and issues that came up. I contacted the support center and received a quick response with detailed information. I have contacted Yext twice and have had a very good experience both times. Thanks!

lisal241
1/25/17

Rob and Jack have been providing me with personalized service that goes above and beyond what I would have expected. Deeply appreciated!

davet73
1/13/17

very happy with all the help from Teneka and every one at yext for their patience with me in my endeavors into the tech world,being a newcomer and all they were there for me.

jeffreyj27
12/15/16

I have used several other products that were supposed to update my company information across the internet. When I started using Yext, you could find listing for my company that had my home address as well as an old office space. I went with yext, and within a week or so, my listing was consistent across the internet. I moved offices a couple months later, and that update took less than an hour to populate all of the directories. I really recommend Yext

randyb66
12/6/16

I called almost every day with questions. I was taken care of with every question I asked. Great company to deal with. The best part is being able to talk with someone in less than a minute and getting my answers.

jaimec32
12/4/16

The interaction with the trainers has been outstanding. Within day I was able to import in all of my emails and start setting put marketing campaigns.

joep200
11/28/16

1st year with them yielded me NO results. I was automatically charged for year two. I called as soon as I saw the charge and was told it would be credited. Next month no credit; called again. They said they had no record of my first call and could only give me a pro-rated refund from year two. Poor customer service and possible shenanigans.

rk87
11/25/16

The sale rep' call me and when I couldnt make a diction on the spot he yields at me that he spent 30 min with me and I cant committee! As I call back to move forward with the service I make sure and clear what is the expectation base on the sale pitch, I was misled to understand that Yext will perform a services for me as a Premium member. which they are not able to... I ended up canceling my service.

*The customer service rep that help me to cancel was vey nice and helpful, Thank you
Jack.

jennifers277
8/28/16

We have been very pleased with your PowerListings service. I estimate that it saves us 100+ hours/year of work, which would be my scope so I'm really happy I found you & I'm very happy that you make my life so much better and make me look like a champ around here and make it so easy to justify the investment to the boss. Thanks Yext! :)

keithd44
8/18/16

I'm going to give them 2 more weeks to get everything worked out.
It's been over a month still nothing.
I was scammed by them, they are a TOTAL RIPOFF!!!...

Tip for consumers: DO NOT waste your money, PLEASE!...

deanb61
5/2/16

I'm not normally one to go to this length, but felt that this time was different.

I operate a company that builds websites and does SEO for other businesses. So I thought I was doing a good thing for my clients by getting them involved with a company called YEXT. BIG Mistake!!

YEXT specializes in getting your website listed on all of tghe major search sites so that people can find your business.

In dealing with YEXT it came time to renew my partnership with them. They had some issues charging my credit card at first for my partner account. After my partner account was renewed they went ahead and also charged me for locations that were not ready to be renewed to the tune of $2999. Their fee for my partner account was only $199.

Well.... then all the bad s**t started. I called them and politely asked them to credit back my card that had been used. They said that their system doesn't allow that. Being in business for myself for the last 35 years I knew that that was incorrect and that any business that operates a merchant account can reverse the charges.

After spending 4 or 5 hours and lots of arguing with (3) idiots at YEXT. I was told that I needed to maintain my partner account so that my clients positions weren't hurt in the search engines. I told them that I wanted to cancel my partnership YEXT and they told me that I couldn't as it would result in all of my clients accounts getting turned off from their platform.

They refuse to accept that I am the customer/partner and that I am right. They should have immediately refunded my money and sorted things out with me, but they again refused to do so. Again, they told me that it wasn't possible.

They forced me to submit a dispute against them through my credit card company (PayPal) and I am still waiting a positive response. Hopefully I will get PayPal to issue YEXT a chargeback for the full amount that YEXT stole from me.

My advice is not to deal with YEXT until they resolve this issue.

I'm not sure how they can be a public company and have so many Better Business Bureau complaints filed against them. I filed one myself as well and the BBB is working on it.

The CEO of this fraudulent business is Howard Lerman and his cohorts are Brian Distelburger, and Brent Metz. Hopefully their names will pop-up on the ripp-off report when folks search for their names.

88 Million a year is an awful lot of money to steal from people. I only wish that YEXT had done the right thing in my case. if they did. This posting wouldn't be required.

YEXT cleared out my bank account without telling me. Now I'm $3000 poorer than when I woke up this morning.

Shame on you YEXT for what I imagine you are doing to so many others that don't want to speak up for themselves!!

YEXT, you can send me back the funds that you stole from me yesterday and this rippoff report can all go away.

jasonh115
1/22/16

Very friendly and polite representatives

allenc33
10/16/15

Didn't do a thing for SEO. Waste of money.

hananh
8/31/15

My issue is solved now by Yext manager, After I called my bank to refund the payment that one of their rep Phill charged they apologised.

Previous complain, I have a complain, you charged me $449 with out any authorisation from me personally I need my money. I started a new business and I was aware of this amount to pay it for Yext.

daver71
8/24/15

Your site was great. Your account serivce great.

However my investment was a waste. I saw no rise in awareness. I have no desire to build Yext by posting updates about my company on your site. I realized I need to change MY site regularly. And adjust MY SEO and keywords on MY site. Live and learn.

deborahp23
8/23/15

Great technical service.

juliam43
8/22/15

I received a few good reviews from customers, but thought I would have received a better response considering the amount I paid YEXT for a year.

vickik9
6/23/15

Yext has been able to clean up all my previous listings, I now show up everywhere and I get to post a monthly special, at no extra charge! Thanks Yext for making it so easy. Great team and team work too!

emilyl31
5/14/15

Felicia was awesome! She went out of her way to help me, not only answering my questions, but providing me with great information. I am EXTREMELY happy that I am using Yext - and also loving the results!

halb16
5/11/15

G was personable, warm and highly informative.

gregb50
5/4/15

I have spent a lot of money trying to move to the top in clicks, and I have been taken advantage a number of times, with no follow up and lack of caring.

With YEXT, I get support calls, great advice, emails showing my Power Listing, and estimates and orders, which I desperately need.

So, I recommend YEXT as the first thing you must do, and watch your business grow.

Greg Barber
Eco Friendly Printer
973 224 1132
Greg Barber Company

24 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Yext staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
kays76
Kay S.
1 week, 3 days ago
Answer
jessicaf36
Jessica F. [Yext Rep]
A: You can write a review here: https://www.sitejabber.com/requested-review?biz_id=5310037f52720
1 week, 1 day ago
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Answer
jessicaf36
Jessica F. [Yext Rep]
A: Thanks for reaching out, CL. Yext typically charges small business clients on an annual basis, so it is typically one lump sum paid each year for our services. We would be happy to speak with you further about what we might be able to do. If you send us a direct message, we can pass your contact information a long to our Sales team. Vice versa, you can reach out directly to support@yext.com.
2 weeks, 4 days ago