Review of WyzAnt

1714 N Damen Ave Ste 3N
Chicago, IL 60647-5578

sallys57
5/19/16

Tutor was nice but not worth the money. On top of that they double charged me. I called and they said they would fix error instead they sent me to collections!!! Hit my credit score for being placed on there. I didnt want to fight them anymore so I just paid the collections. Then Wyzant tutored me on something else..Did you know you credit will get hit again for paying it!!! Totally true. Way to stick it to students!!!!

susanp106
5/12/16

I'm writing a dissertation and needed help deciding on a research design. Ali met with me the same day I contacted him, asked appropriate questions to understand my proposal, and provided timely feedback and follow up. I couldn't have asked for more.

lynp2
5/7/16

I was able to find a tutor that met my needs and in a timely fashion. I highly recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a tutor. Also, definitely sign up to have your payment verified - it makes the process smoother for you.

susanl123
5/7/16

Karen has been great to work with. She works around schedules and will try to accommodate your needs. My son likes her and says she can explain things in a way to make them easier to understand. I would highly recommend.

annai10
5/6/16

Two classes with Carilyn so far. Davis has enjoyed his sessions and has given us (parents) positive feedback. We are hopeful for a great outcome through this process. Ultimately, Davis knows he has to do the work.

michellea85
5/6/16

I loved the fact that I could contact and be contacted. We had a very specific need and the tutor reached out and found us. That helped me, I did not have to spend so much of my time reaching out and asking questions.

robynb27
5/5/16

My child enjoyed the session and learned more advanced math.

maryb287
5/5/16

It was very helpful. The session went great according to my son. Thanks!

chrisj114

Great

isaiahl11
5/2/16

It was a wonderful experience. Thank you!!!

janete14
5/1/16

The tudor was well knowledge and patient.

davidj195
5/1/16

This my first time having a private tutor it was amazing.

jenniferg115
5/1/16

this app really helped me find a great tutor- and FAST for my son who needed help prepping for test. I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a nice selection of tutors that you can peruse through to see who best fist your needs and wants.

paulr160

Treat tutor

jakem62
4/24/16

I'm a PhD student in mathematics, and I was looking around for a way to make some extra income on the side through tutoring. I was finding hardly any work until I made my WyzAnt profile. Soon I had more clients than I could even see! I've now clocked 200 hours working for WyzAnt which means I now get to keep 75% of my fee. Granted, that means WyzAnt is still taking 25%, and that's a lot of money, don't get me wrong. However, it's entirely worth it, for two reasons: (1) I find so many clients through WyzAnt that I can fill my schedule and (2) I save tons of time - I waste no time advertising myself and billing clients; WyzAnt does all that for me. Put it this way: if it wasn't worth it, I'd have stopped long ago.

rhondar16
4/16/16

I've been a tutor for several years, for both companies and independently. Wyzant has been a great tool for me to find clients, which I get to screen and make sure we are a good fit. At first, the site takes a high percent of your earnings, but it doesn't take long to get the better rate if you're working steadily as a tutor. I even was able to add in my existing clients and still get 95% of my rate. Totally worth it to let my clients do auto pay with credit cards instead of me taking time every month creating invoices and constantly asking them when they'll have my check ready. Plus, Wyzant can provide background checks, which adds legitimacy and trust with new clients. They even provide tax forms for you. The online scheduler is great and easy to use. This site has tripled my tutoring income. I rated the site a 4 instead of 5 for the high percent they take at the beginning stages, but I have had only positive experiences with the site for the past 2 years.

cassandras11
4/12/16

Wyzant can give you plenty of options to work with for tutors. Although some of the tutors aren't fully truthful about what they know making to process frustrating.

Also it seems that the site's communication board has good days and bad days.

tereiak
4/7/16

Finding WyzAnt has been one of the best things I found on the internet. It has provided me with exactly what I've been looking to obtain.

janeg42
4/7/16

We found an amazing tutor through WyzAnt. Heather LeBeau worked with our daughter and gave her some good tips to use for the exam. We hope that she will improve her score on the next test. Heather met with Lauren at a local library, was prompt and well prepared. I would recommend this site, especially Heather to anyone!!

annies50
4/5/16

Tutors are accessible and respond fast. The site is user friendly. I am impressed that my phone calls are always answered promptly. I highly recommend WyzAnt to everyone who needs professional academical help. It's been a wonderful experience. Thank you, WyzAnt.

melissao16
4/4/16

Fatimma ha been helping my son with math and she's great! Very patient and sweet. My son feels that he's learning from her.

alexanderb62
4/4/16

He was excellent and knew the information. I will be using him again!

emilyw56
4/4/16

Damion has been very patient and explained some concepts of statistics in a way I can understand the processes. He's been respectful of my time and very willing to help in any way he can and will research the answers he might not know. He also seeks to understand the processes we use (data systems) so he can help me to understand.

sanaad
4/2/16

Very good!

zackf13
4/2/16

great tutor

Helpful answer

Based upon observations, you have to be invited after you have reached a "stable" level. I don't know if this is based 1) total number of students 2) total number of concurrent students 3) their finding out that I tutored online using other than WyzAnt tools 4) total number of hours 5) length w/WyzAnt At the time I was invited I had 1) 20 total students 2) 6 repeating students 3) used skype to tutor online local WyzAnt student 4) 100+ hours 5) more than 1 year

By Barbara W. on 5/15/15
Helpful answer

My experience has been they will drop you rather than address a problem. Think about what they do, make money off someones work and talent. Easier to avoid the problem completely!!

By Don P. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Hi. I followed up with Wyzant a number of times. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor and told me that there was nothing they could say about WHY they shut down my profile. I've never encountered such an unhelpful company (except for Comcast)...

By Pam P. on 7/30/15
Helpful answer

Yes, potential clients of mine said Wyzant hounded them over and over to give billing info. Wyzant apparently thinks it's our job to police them and be sure they do that. All we can do as tutors is echo that we cannot meet them until they do that, however some are hesitant. Not my problem anymore. Wyzant sucks.

By Pam P. on 8/9/10
Helpful answer

Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.

By Carol E. [WyzAnt Rep] on 7/14/16
Helpful answer

Hi Susan, you can personally remove payment information at any time through our dashboard, as long as no lessons charges are pending!

By Carol E. [WyzAnt Rep] on 6/7/16
Helpful answer

Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.

By Carol E. [WyzAnt Rep] on 3/21/16
Helpful answer

Anna, I am a tutor with WyzAnt. While I don't advertise that I negotiate my fee, if the student has a legitimate reason for a discount, I sometimes agree or compromise. Each individual tutor is different. Therefore, you can ask. I cannot guarantee what the answer will be. -Michelle

By Michelle S. on 10/19/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the WyzAnt staff and other customers.

WyzAnt?