Review of Wordpress.org

Wordpress.org reviews

Blog, Open Source, Website Development

lisat170
5/17/17

I run a few small business WordPress websites. So far, it's the best platform offering tons of plugins and frequent updates. Requires very little technical skills and gives enough flexibility at the same time.

yahirf
4/3/17

Another good semi-automatic site creator out there! They have basic lessons on all the main aspects but anyway you need some skill in using the platform to create something valuable.

danielh155
1/12/17

A good blog platform and site creator. Has helpful tutorials on every basis you need. Would recommend!

drenalb
7/8/14

I just do not like this because of the numerous plugins with too many bugs and newer version needed, some plugin shut me out of my website to where I just cannot change it, calendar dates were automatically wrong. The times I have used support it wasn't very good at all and wordpress is slow...Avoid

gitaw
5/27/14

I use wordpress to power my cooking blog.
Amazing software with great community.

glenl15
5/18/14

Good overall. But unfortuantley biased moderators such as Jan Dembowski who has personal friendships with developers. This moderator deletes and revises reviews for his friends which I see as corruption at it's worst. I am part of a development team and I had a run in with a horrible developer who likes all his stats but is a pig to deal with when it comes time for support. After Jan Dembowski Moderator revised my feedback and closed the topic. Two of my colleges then put their reviews in and they were deleted and I was muffled, unable to comment anymore. Seeing how a lot of revenue is made here and dishonest tactics are used...well, it makes me sick. Hope something can be done about these people rorting the system.

alonzom18
4/30/14

Keep it up, we love to work with wordpress! The latest versions came too fast i think, and there were a bit rushed but we like it overall.

We have made great customer websites with wordpress and the help of premium themes from www.elegantthemes.com and www.sitemile.com

connorr5
5/13/13

Get's the job done! Excellent blogging platform.

robinr13
11/29/12

Love them! awesome! so much you can do --- highly recommended!!

omegar
1,578 helpful votes
11/7/11

I must say that I completely enjoyed this site and was able to create my own wordpress.org site. It was so simple to create this that I was in complete awe over the whole experience.

This site's ease is the main draw for this site and there is not any complicated sign up process either. Plus the site provides you with articles that you can learn from to help you improve your own wordpress site. I am in total agreement that wordpress.org is indeed the best.

martinm13
9/10/11

I am going to keep this review simple. I LOVE WORDPRESS!!!

Wordpress is feature rich, versatile and may be the last bastion for free speech.

If you have something to say to the world then Wordpress is the place to say it.

Wordpress is as simple as you need it and as complicated as you want it.

arminj
4/15/11

This also supports lots of different languages and plugins! With using wordpress + It's plugins your site will be better than any CMS in the world wide web! Easy to use, Easy to install, Easy to configure!!! You can find a plugin for what you want to do and THIS IS why I love it!

clayd
2/9/11

I'm a fan - they have an easy interface that is perfect for blogging.

Clay Douglass

oscarj
1/15/11

One of the most versatile blogging software around and very robust sites can be developed using it though it is not the easiest one to learn. It is most robust if you can code in PHP and mysql but many can install it on their site without using any complicated code.

rachaelt
10/8/08

WordPress is the best blogging software in the world - I've been blogging for years, and I have fallen in love with <a href="http://wordpress.org/" target="_blank">WordPress</a>. It's easy to use, it's free, and it's completely <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source" target="_blank">open source</a>. The open source bit is very cool because that means all these developers around the world make very cool plugins and other additions that allow you to do very cool things like track all your users, or easily change how your blog looks. It's also cool because a good portion of WordPress is a non-profit (there is also a for-profit portion called Automatic).

I've also used <a href="http://blogger.com" target="_blank">Blogger</a> (owned by Google) and <a href="http://typepad.com" target="_blank">Typepad</a> but have found them both somewhat less intuitive to use and lacking in many of the cool features of WordPress. Also - this is purely anecdotal - but I found that given similar numbers of inbound links, my WordPress blog did better in Google search results. No idea if this can be substanciated, but thought I'd mention it.

31 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Wordpress.org staff and other customers.

Wordpress.org?