US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

barbarat62
9/10/16

A friend gave me a bottle of Wen to try. Had a terrible rash on my head and a burning scalp. Thankfully no hair loss! Went to a dermatologist who recommended that I no longer use the product after testing a sample of Wen and finding that yes, there were some harmful chemicals in the product itself. After using a 100% natural peanut butter conditioning treatment to condition my hair and not shampooing for a couple of days. I went back to my regular shampoo line9from a health food store) that I used before trying out Wen. Don't believe the commercials that you see on TV with the actresses that are promoting this product. It's just hype and you wind up paying way too much money it.

wandaj9
2/15/16

i bought the wen hair care a couple of days ago and washed my hair it's make your hair so soft and shinny and very manageable just love it

selenah
12/16/15

I had trash bags full of hair. I had to cut 8 1/2 inches of my hair off because this horrible product made my hair fall out. Have pictures of before and after. Just didn't know who to contact

judyc38
12/14/15

I agree with one writer who says this review is about product, but I am grateful for all the reviews about company's cust serv. I bought shampoo on Groupon and liked it and was thinking or ordering through company, so I am glad for the CS reviews. I will look to buy product elsewhere.

keithg28
11/17/15

So far I have no complaints about the product. The billing practices however are horrible I signed up for the 29.95 plan. I've received the product twice to the tune of 203.64 far cry from what was promised now I am in the process of cancelling....Live chat was no help at all and gave a number to call.

lanac3
11/15/15

Where are y'all getting these awful reviews. My best friend swears by these products, and she is a hair fanatic!!!

abbyy3
9/19/15

I like WEN alot!! Ordered it yrs ago!! Decided to rejoin for a while!! First box $29.95 no prob!! The reciept says your next pkg $29.95..perfect right!! WRONG!! Juz got my second pkg over $100 bucks!! I don't want that mouse and styling gel!! Last time when I canceled, the lady was an absolute JERK!! SHE KEPT PUSHING AND TRYING TO FORCE PRODUCTS DOWN MY THROAT!! NOT ONLY THAT BUT SOUNDED MAD THAT I WAS CANCELLING!! PISSED ME OFF!! ITS ALL COMING BACK WHY I STOPPED LAST TIME!!

constanced1
8/20/15

I used Wen for about 3 months it was ok in the beginning but dried my hair. Cancelled...they lie when you call can't find your account all kinds of crap..charged my account way more than they were suppose to. STAY AWAY FROM WEN...this company does not care about it's customers.

rickyb29
8/10/15

Wen is only recommended for a specific type of hair. It is not a site that I would recommend to my clientele.

Tip for consumers: Research what type of hair you have or ask your hairstylist before you order. Also, I would recommend a clarifying shampoo for a few days in a row every month to get rid of the build up.

jenniferb115
7/13/15

i did'nt order direct from Co. But I have been using it for 2 yrs, every day with other non wen hair products, although since starting the wen I do not have a need for a lot of hair product anymore, my hair has Never looked better! I stared a new stylist 4 mo ago and she said she took s pic of my cut & posted it, women called wanting my cut she had to tell th unfortunately they wouldn't look like me because barley anyone had as healthy hair as me. I've colored my hair for 23 yrs. give WEN a try make sure I work it into ur scalp, I'm not willing to believe it only works for me

maryb181
7/7/15

After hearing about this product from several friends I decided to try it out. I like the cleansing conditioner, but I think I can find an even better shampoo. Especially since the price is a little expensive for a small bottle of shampoo. After ordering the product online they sent me a completely different order and charged me $20 more than the product I originally ordered. When calling customer service they said they only thing they could do would for me to send it back. I decided to keep the box full of unwanted product (I only wanted the cleansing conditioner) and not deal with the customer service or hassle of returning. This is the first time they got one over on me. The second time was a month after ordering the product my account was charged once with $44.94 and then again, same day a charge of $86.88. I called customer service to see what was going on. I did not reorder any product. They informed me that I had enrolled in auto-purchase every 30 days to receive the same expensive product. I told them to cancel everything and I would not be purchasing from this company again. No where on the form of buying the first product did it say anything about being added to auto-refill. They informed me that the money will be returned to my account in 7-14 businesses days. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Once they have your account number they will begin charging it with over priced items and automatically enroll you in monthly auto-refills without notification. I have now learned it is best to order this product from QVC.

beckyh13
6/8/15

The first customer service rep was a bit rude and did not inform me that I needed a Return Shipping Label . She just send "Send it back" which if I had, would likely have gotten lost somewhere in postal or UPS land with no credit reinstated on my card. The second customer service person put me on hold for 10-15 mins, came back and said it would be 7-10 days before I would receive a Return Label because they use snail mail. I'm really worried I won't get my money back. Should have known better. Would not recommend doing business with these people.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

sallyd7
5/26/15

i had to shave my head after the chemicals in Wen shampoo burnt my scalp!

clarap10
4/16/15

I used once and my hair became dry and frizzy. On top of that they have charged me over $80 in products I never ordered. I returned everything when I checked they received it on March 30, 2015 and still have not given my money back. Then they charged $24.94 on 3 /24/15 called CS they said they would return the money. On 4/2/15 they returned $16.95. I called today 4/16/15. They told me they would return the $7.89 and I had verification of pkg was returned. I asked CS when they would return the $39.99 for trial , she told me 4-6 weeks. I said no way I had proof of delivery and she put me on hold then said she would process the return today and I should see in 3-5 days. Big difference . This company is a con and I will never recommend Wen to anyone.

hollyrosee
4/5/15

I received my package shortly after I posted my first review about customer service. There was handwriting all over my box about what the address should have been, whether or not it was the wen company or the ups service is beyond me and the pumps for the bottles were both broken. Results of product usage as directed made my hair very dry. I'll just stick to my Pantene Beautiful lengths conditioner and Pantenes other matching products. Pantene leaves my hair soft and it never tangles, it smells good and with the anti frizz shampoo, it's ideal for anyones hair.

jasonm128
3/1/15

You give 1 star for your review because of the company practices? This review is for the product! I'm reading all these bad reviews that have absolutely nothing to do with the product. Why not give it a legitimate review and tell people to buy elsewhere? Maybe buying from the company is a scam, but does that make the product 1 star? Tell me about the product.

bernicew8
2/9/15

i just receive a wen order form in the mail. i have bein watching it on tv thinking about buying the product because it sound so great. but after going on line and reading all these comments that people was saying about wen.. i will never buy it it's scary what people are saying about it. im glad that i came on this site an read these viewer's response... if i didnt i would have bein caught up in this bad scam.. thank the viewer's for your input wow. so disappointed.

meaganm1
2/5/15

I order the product and looked over everything when I did it to make sure I was not getting into some kind of auto ship...So they must hide it in the very fine print! I got a charge today of $44.95 and the lady told me once I cancelled that I owed another $88.95. I threw a fit! I normally never speak to customer representatives the way I did, but I told her I will not pay for it and know how the system works and will charge back all of this as fraud on my credit card. She promptly refunded me and wrote off my account. GRR!!! I told her they needed to fix their website this doesn't happen. I can see it happens a lot! The product itself was fine...just didn't work too well for me. The business practices..TERRIBLE!

lc43
1/29/15

I ordered WEN approx 2 1/2 years ago. I accumulated too much so I called and canceled my next coming order. No problem they said. 3 months later I received another order, I called, they apologized and they assured me I was now canceled. They still charged me. No problem,, just a clerical error so I thought. 3 months later, the same thing. I called. I finally cancelled my credit card that they kept using and charging, so i thought it would end. They sent me another package 3 months later again with a threat letter of collections because my payment was denied !! DUH !!! I called them needless to say ANGRY !!. Assuring me to just pay off the last shipment and thy would get it final and closed per a supervisor. Why did I believe them ? Anyways now approx 6 months later I just received another package from WEN. They have charged me again. DON'T EVER START ! This is by far the worst consumer experience I have ever had !!

Tip for consumers: Don't ever start WEN !!!

kyliek4
12/31/14

Stay as far away from this product as possible! The "customer service" is sorry for their inconvenience. Gigantic SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will keep sending fraudulent product to you and keep charging your card. Read the fine print!?!?

Tip for consumers: Do not go near this or think about using it. Too many scams.

chadr5
12/18/14

Careful when ordering original offer......
Read fine print, you are expecting a kit for 39.95 THEN.....you are billed another 3 installments for a second kit that you are not aware of that you ordered.
THEN......after that it will continue to arrive with more money billed to your account.
Customer rep was aware that people are getting ripped off !!! Used the word this happens ALLOT.

Tip for consumers: Read fine print !!!

danar20
10/3/14

I have been buying WEN from Ebay now for about 6 months, and I love it! My hair used to fall out but not anymore! This will be my 1st time using the auto-ship, customer service or order online. I have to say that I'm a little nervous with all the bad reviews. But I'm just dying to try the extra products that the $39.945 package comes with. As for the product itself its great and I have medium length hair, I'm 40 years old and I love my hair its healthy looking. Less split ends, Maybe it just using too much product I know if I put in 30-40 pumps of product (as suggested) my hair would be oily (I think because I don't use that much) Anyway that's my two cents.

Tip for consumers: If you color or have thin hair that falls out this is a dream come true I love it!

jessicar24
9/30/14

This is the worst item i have ever purchased online. I ordered my stuff on 9/01/14. I was bill on 9/3/14. So i am waiting and tracking my order. 7 days later i get an email from UPS that my order was shipped back to sender becasue it was undeliverable. So I call customer service and they cant find my order but they have already charged me. So i have to call my bank and get tge trasaction # from the charge. I call Wen back give them the infomation and they finally found me. The girl said my address i was giving was not correct to where tbey shipped order. So she supposedly corrwcted address and said she was rushing it. 1 week later i still have not recived tge item so i call today again. Again today they could nit find my account. This time they found my name but not address. I tell them to cancel the order they say they cant. That i have to return the item first. So i tell them how do you want me to return it something that i never got because its obviously you still have my wrong address since you can not find my address. So they said i have to fill out a paper stating i never got the item and guess what address rhey were about to send that paper..yup tge wrong one again. After 2 calls about the address problem and they were still going to send the paper to the wrong one. So pathetic business. Lets see if i get this so called paper and ever see my money or if they cont to charge the mnthy subscriptions after i said to cancel it. So mad. I am reportibg thjs wirh BBB also. Its a scam!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY THIS!!!

samis14
9/21/14

SCAM, SCAM!!! Definitely stay away from ordering Wen by phone or the web. They will charge your credit card a ridiculous amount of money and for items you didn't even order. I try to cancel, but mysteriously they cannot find your account and won't try to help you. Now I have to file a dispute with my bank and change my account info.

Tip for consumers: Stay away, nothing but a scam!!!

mw34
8/8/14

Today I went to cancel my membership because I had a lot of product that was just received in June and because I wasn't too sure how the product was working it actually seemed that my hair was breaking OFF.when I call customer svs today they inform me that my grand total which would have to be paid before cancelling was $98 this company is a rip off buyer beware and I also believe the product taking my hair out stay away if you know what's good for you!!

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WenHaircare staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question