Review of WebStarts

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

danielr148
3/15/17

Webstarts has been my "go to" for many different aspects of my professional AND personal life. The system is fairly easy to use and really anyone can get an active website up in just a few minutes. Add a little more understanding to widgets and coding and the sky is the limit. It's a true "plug and play" environment that allows you to be as creative or static as you want.

For the ease of use and freebies they offer, it's hard to beat.

Thank you Webstarts!

colbys11
3/15/17

We have been with Webstarts for 7+ years and have 60 websites with them. It is a good website builder that is very simple to use. Customer support has always been top notch - Steve is very attentive to our needs. Through the years we have seen Webstarts grow and add more features to their easy website builder, which makes it even easier for us to build websites. You should definitely give them a try... We have been more than pleased with Webstarts!

Tip for consumers: They have a free version you can try... The easy builder is simple to use

darinp9
3/14/17

Webstarts has been great to work with from day one. The design platform is easy to use and includes a lot of tools and widgets to help make your websites functional and look really professional.

Their format is way better than wordpress because everyone can point out a wordpress website. Webstarts gives you the choice of trendy templates that you can change or add any element to, or you can start with a blank canvas.

Pros: Easy to use, great customer service, fair pricing, reliable, regular upgrades.
Cons: Not 100% responsive, mobile editor can be tricky sometimes.

Would I recommend? Absolutely! I researched every DYI website company for months and hands down Webstarts has the best overall program.

clarer25
3/14/17

We had some hurdles to get over but WE DID IT TOGETHER! That's what makes a great company. There are issues no matter who you are working with, but IT'S THE OUTCOME THAT MATTERS. Now I'm encouraged that no matter what comes up, it can be crossed with confidence that together WE'LL WIN! After all, WHEN BOTH SIDES WIN, WHAT ELSE IS THERE!! Thanks Guys

johna631
3/14/17

So I was pretty skeptical of Webstarts at first. I had seen some not-so great reviews, and some really awesome reviews, so I figured I'd try it myself. Hands down, the best web builder I've used. I know my way around computers but I'm no techie- their drag and drop method makes it stupid simple. Modern templates, plenty of tools. Honestly, what won me over was the face that you can call and speak to a real person. I had a little bit of a hangup where I couldn't figure out something with the menu bar, but their team talked me through it on the phone. Would reccommend to anyone.

jeanm98
2/9/17

Having used WEBSTARTS to create, edit and maintain a site for our local pool leagues for 7+ years speaks for itself. WEBSTARTS offers free Web pages you can create and for a bigger site and more options you can purchase a package for a very reasonable price. Any time I've ever had a problem with a page I contact them and POOF! It's fixed. I highly recommend WEBSTARTS! Check it out at webstarts.com

juliannep3
1/22/17

What drew me initially to WebStarts was their fair and affordable pricing. I stayed because the layouts of their websites are beautiful and very diverse and customizable. I also loved their rapid responses to my support emails. Even when I ask stupid questions that have obvious answers, they are so kind and give solid answers. I highly recommend them and would not use anyone else to host my website!

therona8
1/18/17

Everything about working with WebStarts is top notch. The platform is intuitive and easy to use. If you contact them with a question or concern, not only do they respond incredibly quickly, they're also genuinely nice people who care about addressing your issue immediately and thoroughly. Would definitely work with WebStarts again and again- highly recommended!

markb348
1/18/17

I did my website thru them, they not only rocked it ( cause I'm a computer dummy ) I can call them and they walk me thru any changes etc.. I want or need to do. I've used them for 5 years and would recommend them to anyone wanting a webpage !!! 5 Star

Tip for consumers: perfect company for customer service and great product

ruellh
1/15/17

I My sites are being messed up, and I keep reporting it and trying to get the problem fixed with Webstarts builder and no one is doing anything, it's a been happening for a long time..then they,'re always threatening to close my account for complaining about the keep reporting the issues and they refuse to fix, when the elements that are suppose to be selectable are not, the text boxs are not functioning correctly, things are staying or change on there own, I set the parameters for a text, color, size, don't, when I go to edit the words , it all changes to small and completely different things, if I write a paragraph, and click at any part of it, Ex: the bottom of the paragraph, it moves to the top, it keeps moving to the top every time, so there's no way to edit sections of it if its a lot of Context, it keeps zooming in an out on its own, and then selects on things, moving them around, it's fuzing the text box , the images and moving them to different places on the page and then makes it on selectable, like it's all the background, there's no way to even fix, because it won't let me select anything, it's the same with text box shadows, I try to change it and it wont, no matter how many times I click on it select to remove or change a color it remains the same and I know it's being maliciously done, they have a server, that has compression, I only had a few pictures, yet it was slow, asked if it can be turned they said no, they Don t know about that, but last year for a different website I had the same problem, I had to call multiple times to get different people because the same person keeps telling me nothings wrong that's just how it is, but when I called again the other person said their going to check, when they did it was off, and it was supposed to be on, so it is available but they have the same person doing wrong against me and messing my website, costing a lot of money, and no one has done anything, the only emails they answer are the ones pointing out that no company should do these thing's let these things happen, they dont want to be call scum, after many request to fix my issues that they are causing and refusing to fix, saying it's not happening here one minute the websites renders to fix the screen, and the next its not, Now I have to scroll to the right, but I didn't change anything to affect the lines, where it stops is being manipulated by someone from Webstarts and I know it the same person they have always answering my calls, they use let us manipulate the screen width, but not now, but they have the ability to manipulate it, so i know it's maliciously being done, I know they could never pass a real lie dector test, because they all guilty

desireed4
2/26/16

They release all your personal info including address

jessicas115
11/7/15

WebStarts is designed to get to your money. They do not care about you as a customer and could not care less about the success of your website. In the initial checkout process, they try to trick you into spending way more than you wanted to for add-ons that you don't need. Once you start designing your website, the system is inconvenient and frustrating. The customer service is available... If you pay extra. Everything is available if you pay extra. The second worst thing about using WebStarts: When changing font style, font size, or color in a text box, it constantly undoes what you are changing as you try to change it, and you will have to try an average of 3 times to successfully change the color, font, or size of your text. The worst thing about WebStarts: If you have your site completed, saved and published the way you want it, then something goes wrong on the back end, there ISN'T A WAY TO UNDO YOUR EDITING TO THE LAST SAVED AND PUBLISHED PAGE. In other words, if you change your site (without saving the edits) and decide you don't like the edits and want to leave it the way you last published it, there is no way to get your editing page back to the site the public sees without redoing everything. (The undo button only works for some details. For example, if you change the background color and decide you don't like it, the undo button won't change it back.) Using WebStarts has been an awful experience. I plead with you, please find a different company to build your website.

davidr94
11/18/14

much searching they found a pages with easy to use tools and help my little knowledge of web pages and that page I found is WebStarts.com

davidr93
11/18/14

Yo buscaba un sitio web donde pudiera hacer mis paginas web de manera rapida y facil y me encontre una gran empresa como los es WebStars.com me facilita mucho mi trabajo

jonnyj1
10/28/14

This site was very easy to use and the customer service is great. Real people on the phones who care about getting your site and business to be successful.

victoriad9
8/29/14

webstarts has always been there for me, with real people. they are wonderful. I think they are the best. could not do any better. real good support. !! Victoria Duron
POWER BOUND ELECTRICAL, INC.

freedoms
5/10/14

Some of the designs are a little older looking but I love the fact I can create whatever I want. There are really no limitations with WebStarts, so I'm able to create something original.

santiagoe7
5/2/14

I've tried a number of website builders and found webstarts to be the best. They've got good customer service and I like the drag and drop editor.

jennia1
4/11/14

Webstarts.com has been very beneficial for my business. It helped almost immediately, and it was really easy to create! With all the other tasks and duties that come with starting a tourist/local attraction, Webstarts.com was a breath of fresh air for me. Their easy to use interface and video tutorials made it easy to make an entire working website in less than a week. Thanks Webstarts.com!

louisb42
4/9/14

WebStarts recommended my friend said it was easy and fast to use, and thanks to him I have my own website!

brettp9
2/13/14

This is the best FTP Client & has every tool under the sun, and so easy a 3 yr old can go into business making the best web sites for others.
The problem was cost per domain. A few pushy emails at first. But even that has changed for the better, I am more impressed as time goes on. The only others that can compare are full service ftp's http://www.maxasite.com AKA MaxSites.com AND http://nwww.nicster.com a FULL VIP SERVICE that offers self editing, both new start up companies.
We will see how well they come along later this year.

All three of them have Great tech's. and support
Webstarts and MaxASite self creating web site premium packages, for your premium domains are the best, easiest, fastest, simplest, most versatile, FTP Clients I have found for the do it your self layman, with the best web site building tools giving up, and allowing total control of any and all pages, and text, TEXT box size, font, color, back ground and more including any where you want to put it. Also includes, unlimited every thing, width of the pages, direction color and more of menu, text hyperlinks, photo and flash, or logo hyperlinks, with a great range of colors, insert logo links, or any kind imaginable insert able objects and make them hyperlinks.. So on and so on and so on. every tool you can think of are there.

kateo7
12/10/13

Let me say first that Webstarts wasn't always awful. I don't know what happened to them but I take back all my good reviews and write about the last six months. Webstarts is a web hosting company. They offer user friendly templates and I was happy with them, until...

They billed me for a year after 11 months. They billed four times for one year. They wouldn't refund the three extra charges. One of their customer service people stole my credit card number and made several attempts to charge things in Florida. Thankfully my credit card company knows I'm not in Florida, so they prevented the fraudulent charges.

After months of emails back and forth & not getting through to them, I spoke to them directly and they were verbally and emotionally manipulative/abusive. So I charged back the over charges.

My domain names are mine but as administrators they've refused to release the URLs to my new web host. I've started over with new everything. I love my new company. They've been very helpful

AS I PROMISED WEBSTARTS... HERE IS MY REVIEW: A once good company has lost their way, avoid http://webstarts.com. They're awful to deal with and will try steal from you a little bit or a lot. Don't let them.

jasonm88
10/2/13

I had started a website on webstarts but then started wondering about them... They seemed like they wanted your money. Sent me gobs of emails (that went to my spam). They have sales that they say that will end soon (within that day) if you don't take action but weeks later the sales are still going. Through emails they threatened to delete my website if i didn't upgrade. The upgrade feature does not upgrade much even when you pay. They have a very powerful website builder but it would be way better if they were honest.
These were my thoughts before I read reviews on Site Jabber. After reading the reviews and with my own conclusions I am ready to step away from webstarts and I cannot recommend them as a reliable company. I am not trying to bash them, this is just the truth. Maybe they could make a change for the better with God...

asomahi
10/2/13

Webstarts is the best scam I have ever come accross. There is no need making an attempt to try them. they are worth nothing. They promise only what they cannot do and trust me, if you ever make a mistake and you are thinking of re-imbursement of some funds, forget it because it will never happen.
They won't respond to your mails, and they will not attend to your calls. They are just a mere $#*!!!

bobc44
9/28/13

Credit card billed without authorization. Trying to get money back is like smacking your head against a brick wall. Hardly surprising the Pay Pal is not a payment option. Animations have not worked for over 8 weeks and my complaint was dismissed because it was not a priority. My phone calls were never returned and my emails were ignored. My advice is... NEVER give your CC details to Webstarts. The word "proceed" is taken as your authorization to debit your card.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WebStarts staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
mikem262
Mike M.
on 6/2/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the WebStarts staff and other customers.

WebStarts?