US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

santiagoe7

They've got good customer service and I like the drag and drop editor. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

desireed4
2/26/16

They release all your personal info including address

jessicas115
11/7/15

WebStarts is designed to get to your money. They do not care about you as a customer and could not care less about the success of your website. In the initial checkout process, they try to trick you into spending way more than you wanted to for add-ons that you don't need. Once you start designing your website, the system is inconvenient and frustrating. The customer service is available... If you pay extra. Everything is available if you pay extra. The second worst thing about using WebStarts: When changing font style, font size, or color in a text box, it constantly undoes what you are changing as you try to change it, and you will have to try an average of 3 times to successfully change the color, font, or size of your text. The worst thing about WebStarts: If you have your site completed, saved and published the way you want it, then something goes wrong on the back end, there ISN'T A WAY TO UNDO YOUR EDITING TO THE LAST SAVED AND PUBLISHED PAGE. In other words, if you change your site (without saving the edits) and decide you don't like the edits and want to leave it the way you last published it, there is no way to get your editing page back to the site the public sees without redoing everything. (The undo button only works for some details. For example, if you change the background color and decide you don't like it, the undo button won't change it back.) Using WebStarts has been an awful experience. I plead with you, please find a different company to build your website.

davidr94
11/18/14

much searching they found a pages with easy to use tools and help my little knowledge of web pages and that page I found is WebStarts.com

davidr93
11/18/14

Yo buscaba un sitio web donde pudiera hacer mis paginas web de manera rapida y facil y me encontre una gran empresa como los es WebStars.com me facilita mucho mi trabajo

jonnyj1
10/28/14

This site was very easy to use and the customer service is great. Real people on the phones who care about getting your site and business to be successful.

victoriad9
8/29/14

webstarts has always been there for me, with real people. they are wonderful. I think they are the best. could not do any better. real good support. !! Victoria Duron
POWER BOUND ELECTRICAL, INC.

freedoms
5/10/14

Some of the designs are a little older looking but I love the fact I can create whatever I want. There are really no limitations with WebStarts, so I'm able to create something original.

santiagoe7
5/2/14

I've tried a number of website builders and found webstarts to be the best. They've got good customer service and I like the drag and drop editor.

jennia1
4/11/14

Webstarts.com has been very beneficial for my business. It helped almost immediately, and it was really easy to create! With all the other tasks and duties that come with starting a tourist/local attraction, Webstarts.com was a breath of fresh air for me. Their easy to use interface and video tutorials made it easy to make an entire working website in less than a week. Thanks Webstarts.com!

louisb42
4/9/14

WebStarts recommended my friend said it was easy and fast to use, and thanks to him I have my own website!

brettp9
2/13/14

This is the best FTP Client & has every tool under the sun, and so easy a 3 yr old can go into business making the best web sites for others.
The problem was cost per domain. A few pushy emails at first. But even that has changed for the better, I am more impressed as time goes on. The only others that can compare are full service ftp's http://www.maxasite.com AKA MaxSites.com AND http://nwww.nicster.com a FULL VIP SERVICE that offers self editing, both new start up companies.
We will see how well they come along later this year.

All three of them have Great tech's. and support
Webstarts and MaxASite self creating web site premium packages, for your premium domains are the best, easiest, fastest, simplest, most versatile, FTP Clients I have found for the do it your self layman, with the best web site building tools giving up, and allowing total control of any and all pages, and text, TEXT box size, font, color, back ground and more including any where you want to put it. Also includes, unlimited every thing, width of the pages, direction color and more of menu, text hyperlinks, photo and flash, or logo hyperlinks, with a great range of colors, insert logo links, or any kind imaginable insert able objects and make them hyperlinks.. So on and so on and so on. every tool you can think of are there.

kateo7
12/10/13

Let me say first that Webstarts wasn't always awful. I don't know what happened to them but I take back all my good reviews and write about the last six months. Webstarts is a web hosting company. They offer user friendly templates and I was happy with them, until...

They billed me for a year after 11 months. They billed four times for one year. They wouldn't refund the three extra charges. One of their customer service people stole my credit card number and made several attempts to charge things in Florida. Thankfully my credit card company knows I'm not in Florida, so they prevented the fraudulent charges.

After months of emails back and forth & not getting through to them, I spoke to them directly and they were verbally and emotionally manipulative/abusive. So I charged back the over charges.

My domain names are mine but as administrators they've refused to release the URLs to my new web host. I've started over with new everything. I love my new company. They've been very helpful

AS I PROMISED WEBSTARTS... HERE IS MY REVIEW: A once good company has lost their way, avoid http://webstarts.com. They're awful to deal with and will try steal from you a little bit or a lot. Don't let them.

jasonm88
10/2/13

I had started a website on webstarts but then started wondering about them... They seemed like they wanted your money. Sent me gobs of emails (that went to my spam). They have sales that they say that will end soon (within that day) if you don't take action but weeks later the sales are still going. Through emails they threatened to delete my website if i didn't upgrade. The upgrade feature does not upgrade much even when you pay. They have a very powerful website builder but it would be way better if they were honest.
These were my thoughts before I read reviews on Site Jabber. After reading the reviews and with my own conclusions I am ready to step away from webstarts and I cannot recommend them as a reliable company. I am not trying to bash them, this is just the truth. Maybe they could make a change for the better with God...

asomahi
10/2/13

Webstarts is the best scam I have ever come accross. There is no need making an attempt to try them. they are worth nothing. They promise only what they cannot do and trust me, if you ever make a mistake and you are thinking of re-imbursement of some funds, forget it because it will never happen.
They won't respond to your mails, and they will not attend to your calls. They are just a mere $#*!!!

bobc44
9/28/13

Credit card billed without authorization. Trying to get money back is like smacking your head against a brick wall. Hardly surprising the Pay Pal is not a payment option. Animations have not worked for over 8 weeks and my complaint was dismissed because it was not a priority. My phone calls were never returned and my emails were ignored. My advice is... NEVER give your CC details to Webstarts. The word "proceed" is taken as your authorization to debit your card.

paulk58
9/23/13

After attempting to cancel my account with webstarts .com , They have not stopped billing my submitted credit card for membership, and they do not reply to any inquiries that I make to them !

Please help !

roberta56
7/10/13

Don't worry about the 5 year "locking in before a price increase" - they've been saying that for almost a year and will probably never do it. It's a scare tactic they use to sucker people afraid to lose their website. As for 50% off "special", they've never NOT had that sell and have always charged regular price - feel free to check back everyday to see the sale "has extended." - Don't bother calling support unless you want to be sold something too - their technical support is really nothing more than a way to sell you something else.

jessicas34
6/28/13

Webstarts is a great service for anyone looking for a simple and cost-effective web design tool. The tech support is excellent and the design interface is easy to use and offers a wide range of options to fully customize your website.

hectorn1
6/28/13

Hello, I upgraded to Pro Plus WebStarts not long ago, and its been working very well for me. I have a personalized email, my own domain, log in to my website, forums and more!

dionisior
6/11/13

WebStarts is a great product, I really enjoy using their service quick and simple

wilmerg7
6/11/13

Easy & Very Powerful, i love it

timb35
5/13/13

I have used WebStarts since 2009 and I have a say that it has been a great experience. When I was graduating from college I needed a website as a part of my graduation requirements. As anyone who is trying to make a website knows, the options for creating site are somewhat limited if you don't know where to look. There are other applications out there but most of them are what I would call intuitive and the ones that I would consider intuitive I found to have far too many limitations with the design tools and therefore it limits my creativity.

WebStarts.com had none of these issues. It is intuitive and allows for full creativity, letting me make the site design I envision, not the one that will fit into the templates provided by the web builder application. Because of the tools that WebStarts offers I was able to complete my website in a timely matter and focus my attention on other studies which I also needed to graduate. In short, WebStarts was a lifesaver for me and I would recommend it to anybody who needs to build a website whether they are an amateur or professional.

connorr5
5/13/13

I've been using WebStarts for about a year and a half now, and I LOVE it. I'm a web designer and have switched to using WebStarts to build my client sites, it makes the design process 10X faster - which means more time for me to make more money!

sarahj38
5/10/13

A couple years ago I was in need of an easy site builder to not only build my own personal website, but to build sites for a couple of my friends, since I'm the only one thats good with a computer. I ended up sticking with webstarts, their prices were great, customer service was very personable, and they made it easy for me to build numerous sites which now enables me to have customers and maintain their websites for them. at the end of the day, choosing webstarts was a great choice.

martind21
4/17/13

I was very hesitant to use this product based on the reviews I had read. But for $7/month I said "what do I have to loose?".....and I'm glad I did.

The Software is Stupid Simple to use, I got through to customer service in literally 30 seconds and Johnny went above and beyond to answer any/all questions I had and was very user friendly. In fact, I had actually purchased $130 in services that I didn't need and he told me same and immediately reversed the charges.

As to email support,,,,,,well, that took 48 hours for a response. However, the response was very thorough and well thought out.

Personally, I am very happy with their product and support.

Martin D'Onofrio

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WebStarts staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/2/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the WebStarts staff and other customers.

WebStarts?