US Government’s NSF

1 star

Detailed Rating Summary

benjaminy4
7/27/16

I used Virool to help out our local business. We were able to target high quality visitors from our local area within a certain demographic. I am extremely impressed with the capabilities of the platform and am very satisfied with my campaign!

kareema3
5/22/14

I work for VICE, now an infamous creator of documentaries on YouTube. We used Virool for variety of projects, but most notably for our work with Intel, K-Swiss, W Hotels and Levis Jeans. We created a number of small documentaries for these brands and were able to get some exposure to them through our established audience on YouTube and our website.

We then used Virool to target people we believe would respond best to this content. What blew me away about Virool platform was during our promotion, the targeting was automatically adjusted for placements and audience that was best responding to various videos which in the end meant: higher engagement, more sharing, more buzz and more earned media.

At VICE we are fans of the work that Virool is doing. Keep it up boys!

ajv
5/22/14

I was blown away with the fact that Virool team went out of their way to help me promote my movie on Vimeo. They set up a custom solution for me and promoted the hell out of my film. We got featured on Vimeo and became one of the most watched films on their platform.

ashishp4
5/21/14

Virool reached out to me to share my experience about using their platform.

To be frank, I loved it! I used the platform to promote various music videos for my band and here are some of the results that I got as part of my promotion:
- Virool views: 300,000 . YouTube views: 1,000,000

Overall, I got a ton of free views as a result of using this service. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering using it.

sams142
5/21/14

My son is a musician and he always creates different music videos that he then posts on YouTube. As his mother, it was important for me to see him succeed, so for his b-day I actually bought $1,000 worth of Virool credits.

The folks at the company were very courteous and they helped me understand the platform (I am not the most tech savvy person). We were able to get 20,000 Virool views, which reflected in about 80,000 YouTube views.

My son was crazy pleased and told me that he couldnt have gotten a better gift!

jamesc164
5/14/14

Virool is a great platform for distributing video content, but dont expect it to be a silver bullet. $10 is not going to get you viral and you are probably an idiot for thinking that it would in the first place .

bryanb38
5/14/14

Virool came across my desk when I was looking for marketing service to utilize in my Kickstarter campaign. We developed a mask that allows you to control the type of dreams that you have. Through PR outreach, we generated a ton of buzz and almost met our goal of $30,000, but with less than 15 days left we were around $4k short. Our team started looking at variety of services out there: SocialSpark, PromotedTweet.com, Virool, PR Web, etc.

We played around with a few tricks during those 15 days, but honestly the most effective one was Virool. Since our campaign is heavily centered around our video, having a platform like Virool to promote it was key to our success. We killed it in the end and raised $47,900.

Ive recommended Virool to friends and family, and would also recommend it to anyone looking to promote a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign!

dylanc18
5/14/14

Jon, Scott and Amy are all total studs. I enjoyed working with their service and they definitely exceeded my expectations. I was worried that I would get ripped off and would get expensive fake traffic, but in reality the service is super legit. Basically, after promoting a few videos I can see analytics, understand who watched my videos on which website, what kind of engagement and sharing my videos got. Then, I can just continue promoting the video that got the most shares. I had nothing but positive experience with Virool.

jakem49
4/24/14

I am a CEO of a venture backed iPhone game developer and we used Virool extensively to promote various trailers of our games. I have experience working with multiple ad networks including: AdMob, Flite, Flurry, TapJoy, AdWords and others.

In my opinion, Virool tops them all. First, the transparency of the platform is hard to match. Second, real-time analytics allowed me to adjust my campaign settings in real-time. Third, customer support was always available. When I had problems, I would just call Scott and he would help me set everything up.

I would highly recommend them.

dylanc17
3/5/14

Virool reached out to me to share my experience about using their platform. To be frank, I loved it! I used the platform to promote various music videos for my band and here are some of the results that I got as part of my promotion. I paid for Virool views and then I got some free views as a result of sharing and comments, etc. Here are my stats
- Video #1 - Virool paid views: 250,000. YouTube views: 1,225,968
- Video #2 - Virool paid views: 50,000. YouTube views: 168,942
- Video #3 Virool paid views: 750,000. YouTube views: 2,983,294

As you can see from my results, I was very happy with the platform and will continue to use to further promote my videos.

Highly recommend it!

simonk26
2/19/14

I enjoyed using Virool. The interface is intuitive, straightforward and easy to use. I actually recommended to a few friends to try and honestly there's nothing bad I can say about them.

The company is great and I would definitely give their service a try if you are looking to promote a video online.

miker97
2/18/14

Ok, I hate a ton of companies: United, AT&T, McDonalds, but DEFINITELY NOT Virool.

These guys, went out of the way to get me tickets to a Broadway show as a sign of appreciation for my business. Show me another company that does that?

Anyways, I used them extensively and spent around $75,000. I was very pleased with the results and customer support.

My advice is to reach out to Jon or Scott over there. They can help you out.

chrisb114
2/18/14

I am a former employee of Virool and these reviews really upset me. First of all, Virool is in full compliance of YouTube's Terms of Service. Alex, CEO, went out of his way to meet Salar, CEO of YouTube, and their entire executive team just to make sure that whatever Virool is doing would be in full transparency and compliance with all of YouTube's ToS. As a result, during my time working there very few videos got removed or taken down from the website.

Also, here's a breakdown of some mistakes that people make on Virool. When you select the targeting for your video, you HAVE the option to select: blogs, mobile, games, social networks, pre-roll, and virtual currency. The company doesn't work and has removed all sites that pay users to watch videos. Second, it's important to leave keywords and select categories for the video. Third, you can select gender and age for the group you are targeting. Fourth, you should geo-target the right region with your video properly and select what you want people to do after they watch the video.

Overall, Virool is an incredible company and they have worked with a vast list of clients. I hate anyone that mentions anything negative about the company, as they fully refund unhappy customers and have available support that addresses everyone's questions. It's not always easy to please everyone, but Virool tries its best.

phile13

Hey Guys,
Phil is here. The folks at Virool asked me to share my experience with their platform on here and I got to say it was more than pleasant!

I am a musician and an entrepreneur from Detroit. I used Virool to get people to see a music video I made with my friend. I was promoting it for about half a year and got over 1,000,000 people to see it.

After that, MTV.com picked up my video and I participated in the contest. Thanks to Virool and fans it helped me built, I won the contest and my video was shown on on TV on MTV channel.

I am really proud of being a Virool customer and have had the best experience working with Alex, Vlad, David, Jon, Anna and the rest of the Virool team.

They are good guys for sure.

rebeccaf5
2/18/14

I work at a large media agency in Australia and represent clients such as VW, Qantas Airlines, the government of Australia, A&E TV Network and others. We recently began using Virool and I've been extremely pleased.

We just wanted blog distribution for our videos and my account manager, Kenn, was able to set it all up for me. Through Virool, we were able to get our client's videos on virtually all WordPress blogs that have WordAds on them. Also, they were able to secure us viewership on 9Gag and Cheeseburger network sites.

We are looking to spend over $300,000 with them and I highly recommend their service. The team there is great!

rebeccaf4

ashleyf16
1/14/14

I read quite a few reviews of Virool before deciding to spend our company's $15,000 budget on marketing few videos with their platform. Here are some things that I wanted to point out.

Pros:
- The service is legitimate. The company is backed by everyone from creator of Gmail to Lady Gaga's manager. They have been featured in all of the major press, so they are the real deal
- Customer service was good.
- I was able to get a video campaign setup immediately
- It was easy to setup a campaign

Cons:
- There wasn't enough documentation online on how to best use the service for our particular videos (chain of automotive body shops)
- I didn't realize that I could opt out of certain publisher placements until few days after my campaign started running

That's about it.

craigp21
1/14/14

I am a customer of Virool and I can atest that the service is legitimate. I ran into some problems with setting up my campaign, reached out to customer support and had all my issues resolved within 24 hours.

I enjoyed their platform and seeing transparency of the results. Overall, I was pleased with customer service and the experience. Their dashboard is really well build out and shows you everything from who is watching your video in real-time to which apps/sites are advertising your video.

I definitely see how Virool wouldn't be a good fit for some videos, but can be a great fit for others. I have already recommended it to some other friends of mine, and would come back to use it again.

laurenr10
1/14/14

Virool is awesome. I used it to build an audience for my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/laurenbeautyy, and it worked really well. I would highly suggest trying out their services. Their site can take some take getting a hand on, but overall I am very pleased with the results!

cullenm
12/3/13

Ok. Here's my honest review of Virool after spending nearly $5k with them.

Pros:
- Great customer support - I was able to chat with an agent on the website, I called the company a few times and all of e-mails were responded to promptly.
- Easy to use platform - it's fairly intuitive all around
- Slick Analytics - you can see how many people shared your video on Facebook and where people are watching the video from
- Transparency - I could see which sites and apps my video appeared on

Cons:
- Targeting can be confusing - when you want to target specific audience, it took me a few tries to figure out which sites were driving the most engagement.
- Reps are new - I know it's a startup, but to some of my questions the reps had trouble finding the best answers. Sometimes, they had to defer to management before coming back to me with a good solution

That's about it. Overall, I think it's a great product and good self-serve tool for video marketers (like myself), but there's still some improvements the company needs to make for me to give them 5*.

willm30
12/3/13

I liked using the website. I used Virool to get more views and YouTube subscribers for my music video. I spent $1000 so far and got 20,000 Virool views and about 30,000 views on YouTube as a result + 1243 new YouTube subscribers. The promotion wasn't cheap, but the people seemed real. Scott from their customer support team helped me out through the process and helped me understand the analytics.

Overall, it's a good tool, but requires some tweaking to make it work right!

claudias9
11/12/13

Great site! Fantastic customer support and delivered results. I recommend it highly.

jonj15
11/12/13

Virool is awesome! I used their service to promote a few of my videos that I made in filmmaking class and I enjoyed using it a lot. They have a great service and I loved it.

christinap4
11/4/13

I AM SUPER EXCITED TO LEAVE A REVIEW FOR VIROOL! Why?
Because I was able to meet my kickstarter campaign goal with these guys. We started a 60 kickstarter campaign for a new type of designer shoes for women and with 20 days left, we had to raise additional $10,000 to meet our campaign goals. By promoting our video on Virool, we were able to exceed our fundraising goal and get a lot of cool customers on board. It's pretty awesome!

amyh31
11/4/13

I used Virool to promote my kickstarter campaign and after spending $500, I was able to raise $3000 more. So in short, it helped me achieve my goal and I would recommend others to use it. I was promoting a 3D printer on kickstarter.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Virool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question