Review of Venus

Jacksonville, FL 32224
Tel: 1-888-782-2224

cristinab30
11/22/17

I ordered over night shipping.
Items didnt come.
I reordered again.
Items didnt come .
4 REPRESENTATIVES AND ALL DIFFERENT STORIES!.
UNETHICAL

carriek31
11/19/17

I cancelled an order online early Sunday morning. I received a reply from Venus shortly after saying they couldn't cancel my order and it would ship on Monday. Then a minute or two later, I get an email saying my order has shipped! UPS does not even pick up on Sundays. There was a full day to cancel this, but they won't and instead expect me to deal with the hassle of making arrangements to be home when UPS delivers in order to refuse it and wait who knows how long for a refund. I've never dealt with such awful customer service from any company before. This was the first time I've placed an order with them an no question it will be the last!

jillk38
11/18/17

I was completely satisfied with the swim suit I purchased. I purchased a push up bikini top and skirted bottom, which I love the fit and the color. I felt confident and beautiful on the beach. Will definitely buy my swimwear here!

ginam96
11/14/17

Going on vacation and it was myBirthday week, saw the swimsuits on line. Thought to myself so cute soooo i told my boyfriend thats what i would like for a present and to wear on vacation in Mexico. Bathing suits arrived twice wrong. Third time,They said they would over night the suits since we were leaving the next day and they would come that Morning. Wrong again!! They sent them across the United States. HELLO! Where Im trying to get is i just had a really disappointing experience. Thank you Venus now i have no bathing suit!

lexb8
11/8/17

I found this place when I was looking for swimsuits. I like their styles and feel the clothes are quite comfortable. If a size wasn't a good match the returns were easy and quick. I'm surprised their score is so low.

denises151
10/31/17

I have never had and issue with either their clothing or customer service. I will continue to order from Venus every season. Thank you!

ohc
10/29/17

I enjoy the order process with Venus. The only exception is having to pay for duties in advance ( delivery to Canada) but it worked out and I was happy with everything I ordered. I would certainly order again!

chelseaf16
10/29/17

This is about the 3rd time in the last few years I've ordered a shirt from there and believe me the ombre blue laced top looked adorable fitting nice and tight on the model but guess what?! I ordered an EXTRA SMALL and it fit like a Damn LARGE, the sleeves were extremely baggy and the color wasn't even the exact match as in the picture...dont know if I will order from here anymore. Same problem everytime.

tiffineyv
10/27/17

I've only ordered from this business twice and both times my order has been a mess! The customer service have no care or regard to the errors that are made. I've ordered a product that cost $50 they sent me a complete different item of much lesser value or no item at all in both situations. When calling customer service they are aware of the many schemes the business is making and have no care on correcting it. I am appalled on the way they do business! They may have nice things but don't expect to receive them! Such schemers!

bonnyk1
10/19/17

Everything I buy from this fregin store is ten times bigger then the size listed when you ask for a large you should expect a large not a shirt where the sleeves reach the floor now I gotta spend all this time returning everything WHAT A WASTE NEVER AGAIN!!!!

caitlins27
10/17/17

First of all I waited over three weeks for it to arrive, the shipping cost was insane. I paid roughly $25 for the bikini top and $25 for the shipping (something I wouldn't normally do but so many people were recommending it and the website said 90% customer satisfaction, yet I can't find anywhere on their to place a review). It arrived and was way to big. US sizes are always bigger than AUS but because it goes by cup size I thought it would be alright. No. On top of that my first order went through and it was confirmed by the Venus employee I called that it had failed. I ordered again and confirmed it went through. Later the first order also confirmed no I'm going to have to wait for that order to arrive as well and return both of them!!! Can not stress enough that bikini shopping online has been the biggest mistake

ir134
10/12/17

I made one purchase from Venus and I am not going back. It is a legitimate company. It take more than a week to ship but they live up to their promise i.e. you pay they ship.

I ordered just one item, a long pleated skirt. I used their size chart and ordered a size up compared to what I usually buy. I understand I am not like one of their models but I am size small and I am tall. The skirt hangs like a sack on me. Nothing like on the pic. I decided not to bother to return. Just will donate and happily forget.

The quality while being OK doesn't justify even their "clearance price". The fabric gets wrinkled easily and this is not acceptable for pleaded skirt that cannot even be ironed.

As a bottom line, I am not a fan of buying cloths online. Tried with Venus and it didn't work. Their catalogs look presentable so get a free catalog, enjoy and recycle, and then go to a store where you can try things on :)

lenad11
10/11/17

They literally ruined my checking account by processing multiple charges without authorization for one order. I spent days trying to correct a charge that a supervisor issued to my account when she was supposed to actually credit the first additional charge. I ended up having to endure a magnitude of consequences after three charges went through my account instead of one and the episode cost me over $100.00 in fees overall. This was after three other charges were processed and then reversed. There have been a dozen transactions through my bank account over one purchase.
I spoke with another supervisor who told me I had to call my bank and ask them to reverse the extra charges from Venus and gave me a random authorization number which she could not define to any degree. My bank ended up having to apply stop pays on my account, but the funds can remain unavailable to me for up to a ten day process.
I had received a catalog by mistake and couldn't have more regret about having responded to the marketing and placing my first order without looking up reviews about this company.
Venus is literally FRAUDULENT!!!
In addition, I used my billing address at my P. O. Box as a shipping address. I was told I needed a physical address to process my VISA, but the representative would add a special note to my order making sure the order was sent to my P.O.Box. Two days after my order was placed I had not received a confirmation email, so called & found out the order was processed and shipped to the physical address where I cannot receive packages. I am literally exhausted from the hours of phone calls through the three days after placing a simple order. I am astounded by this ridiculous episode and won't be fully recovered from it until my funds are finally released again.
What a huge mistake!

ashleyr141
10/11/17

I can list you other places to go:
LULUS
PEPPERMAYO
TOBI
ASOS

These companies deliver and the product is good quality. I ordered a product from here and they cannot provide a tracking number. I should've listened to the reviews. Customer service is terrible. Take forever to answer. Nobody wants to help you out.

Stay AWAY. Order from a more secure company with better reviews.

evab45
10/11/17

I received an e-mail informing me of a 50% sale Venus was having , I went on their site found some things I would of ordered but decided not to do to their false advertising . I sent their customer service an e-mail informing them that $3.00 off a $40.00 item is absolutely in no way 50% off and that 50% of $40 is actually $20. If anyone decides to order from Venus please be aware that they are false advertising their sales.

danielab12
10/11/17

Refunds take over 3 weeks. Promises go unfulfilled.
Some of the clothing are ok. Bathing suit fell a part after 1 wash. Will not order from Venus again.

hollya25
10/9/17

My daughter bought a dress, tried it on and the strap broke. They sent us another dress and the strap broke again while my daughter was at her school dance. I asked to return the dress for a refund and they would only offer store credit. I would have thought this fair if two separate dresses had not had the same issue - clearly it is a defective design and/or part (the piece connecting the strap to the dress).

debrahd
10/9/17

Venus has such cute clothes and great customer service! I'm totally happy :) I hope more people write good reviews .

kimberlyl74
10/8/17

I am horrified at the quality of the products and the customer service of these people. They hang up on you repeatedly. Please note that the wash once will apply to this group ... meaning once you wash it, it will fall apart. I tried to return an item outside of their policy even though they lost the order and I did not receive it in time for my trip, and they would not accept the return by the time I was going to use it again. One way return policy even though all the items are still selling on their site. Their sizes are out of wack, and the quality sucks. Spend your money elsewhere folks.

lindam459
10/7/17

I ordered 2 shirts, 2 skirts a dress 2 pair of pants. 1 skirt was missing. The other skirt was irregular!!! The applique was sewn scrunched up. The dress was cheap looking and tge color was dingy, the legging pants were not as pictured and the other pants ran small. The shirt medium (my size) was too tight, but the large fit better. I'm very disappointed and sending almost everything back.

lj148
10/3/17

Prices not great for most items, and I wasn't happy with the jumpsuit I ordered. I would have returned it, but having to pay the shipping costs coming and going, I would have incurred about 50% of the original cost of the merchandise, so I decided to keep the item. I'm not ordering from them again. Who doesn't have free return shipping for unsatisfactory items, in this day and age? Walmart & Amazon have stuff at least as good for less, and no-questions-asked returns.

tiffanya41
10/2/17

I was nervous when I read some of the negative reviews about this company, especially because the clothes aren't cheap, price wise. I ordered a dress for a wedding and it came and was exactly like the picture! It was true to size and the material was nice. I don't know what some of the negative comments are coming from. It also shipped fast and came when it said it was going to. I would order from Venus again.

cindyl98
10/2/17

This is one of the best companies I have ever ordered from. Their clothes always fit me and they are exactly as they advertise. I only wish they carried longer inseam in their jeans and pants. I will shop here forever!

joniw7
10/1/17

Ive ordered many items. Very true to size. Very good quality. Have never had a problem. I tell all my friends about them.

courtw
9/28/17

I mail ordered a swim suit and got to pay $7.95 shipping and handling, plus the price of the swim suit, to have it delivered. They arrived in a timely manner. The suit fit like crap. When I wanted to return it, i had to pay a $6.95 return charge. So, I had to pay $15.00 to try the darn thing on. Bad customer satisifation policy in that you make your profits on transport fees. Bad, bad......

I've been buying from Venus FOR YEARS(!) so I was so surprised at all the bad reviews. Yes, occasionally I've been unhappy with a purchase BUT it's rare; and yes, there was a couple of items that I found "cheap-looking" (but I'm super-careful to read the material description prior to purchase - sometimes you can just tell). Their sizing surprises me though... I'm usually a large in regular & a XL in juniors BUT I always wear a Medium in Venus clothing (5'1", 115 lbs, 36D) - I'm thinking that they cater to the "busty"?? (Or maybe the clothes ARE made in China?) Who knows...don't care...their clothes are different from anywhere else & I always get compliments - especially from my husband!! However, after 15 + yrs as a customer, I must admit I was unaware they offered free returns (good to know :), but happy I've only returned 2 or 3 items & didn't have any issues - re-packed (w/in 30 days), dropped at PO & rec'd credit on my CC. My ONLY complaint with Venus is the prices; the trick is to wait for a sale (and PS, there prices change every 24-72 hours - NOT kidding!!!) Everyone has an opinion... if YOU like their clothes, give them a try & form your own - you may just be missing out on fashions that'll look great on you!!

By Dee C.

I believe they're $5...but if you order from their site they'll send them free

By Melissa B.

The quality of these closes are horrible! I bought a sweatshirt and the large pocket on the front was down on crooked and the seams on both sides were very uneven. The $70 boots I bought were awful. They both said 7 1/2 but 1 didn't fit at all and they both had holes in the shoes.

By Crystal H.

I would not waste money on this website not only the sizes are off the quality is horrible! Joyce leslie has better quality!

By Jonada R.

Complete junk dont waste your money!!

By Jonada R.

THESE DRESSES RUN VERY LONG!! THE MODELS TEND TO BE 5 FT 9 IN..OR TALLER! I AM 5 FEET 4 INCHES SO I DO NOT ORDER ANY MAXI DRESSES...LOOK/CHECK TO SEE IF THERE ARE PETITE OPTIONS FOR THESE DRESSES..GOOD LUCK!

By JUDY S.

look at the size chart, it tells exactly. measure yourself. i have a size 8 hips and size 14 waist...aaaagh, but a size 12 fit tight. the materials are nice and the stuff is good quality, 95% of the time. sometimes photos lie, but usually not.

By carmen v.
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other customers.

21 Photos for Venus