US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cc217
1/18/17

So I placed an order over $100 and received free shipping as well as a first time customer $10 off. I returned 2 bathing suit tops and a coverup that didn't fit. They charged back the original $7.95 shipping that I am now not eligible for as well as $6.95 to ship it back and they took back the $10.00. I have 2 items at home that I was going to keep, but now they are going back. Obviously I will never order from them again. I have never heard of such an insane return policy. Buyer beware!

hollien
1/18/17

I had not ordered from Venus and was very skeptical,especially after reading some of the terrible reviews. My order arrived in a very timely manner, I was more than pleased with the 5 dresses!!. They fit my figure perfect,true to size. The colors, vivid bright. For The style,price and a trendy look you can't beat it!!

melaniek17
1/12/17

I must start off with the clothes are absolutely beautiful and somewhat pricey depending what you buy. The shipping was reliable also....I have around 500 to 600 dollars worth of clothing out. My first package was to arrive dec17th. And I wished I had called about earlier. So then I decided I would order another package of clothes thinking maybe my online order just never went through earlier. Well....it did. It has around 250 or 350 dollars worth of clothing. Second order 200 dollars. To be fair my second order should arrive as normal. I've just lost confidence with the shipping. And I won't order agin. I just won't. It's up to other women to make up their minds if they still love Venus. I'm just saying the company does not give a crap about my order or how much money I'm out. I'm just sick over it. Oh and yes they have forgot to fill the order completely in the past but always managed to fix the problem. I think I will just stick to local stores and stay away from large manufactures because they don't care. They just don't care that some woman is out a lot of money. Again to be fair the first package is my worry and the second I'm not confident in receiving. Dang it. Larger companies will not have the best service at issues like this. They aren't prepared for large volumes of problems. So I've learned my lesson. Hsn has it together they are huge retail service and much more reasonable and you would think so with Venus. Not true. Never again. And I'm sorry to say it's not great. And not my fault.

michelles254
1/10/17

I ordered 4 dressed for a Hawaii cruise I will be taking the dresses were beautiful quality material, I usually wear between a medium and large I could definitely fit in the mediums perfectly from Venus I will definitely be ordering from them again very soon. Also I paid the two day shipping to make sure I got them before my trip and they came just as promised.

pissedo62
1/10/17

I ordered a dress from Venus on December 13th, I paid $13.00 extra for two shipping... it said my Oder went through and I should be receiving it by December 15th. After a week past and I still didn't receive it I contacted the company who told me that my dress was on back order and said it would be shipped out on December 29th. Today I called and they said it was still on back order and would be until the week of January 13th!!!! They also were still trying to charge me for my two day express delivery because they said after the dress was no longer on backorder I don't as going to get it within two days!!!! It's been over a month already $#*!s!!! I hate this company and will NEVER ORDER FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN!!!

svetlanad5
1/9/17

Never again! I placed an order on December 12 for 6 items to be delivered to Canada just in time for Christmas or New Year. Today is Jan 9 2017 and I still did not get the order. One of the items is put on hold for Jan 20. I called to complain and they told me they sent me a different email that requested that I pay custom duties in a separate payment. The email got lost in a dozen of other emails that advertise their merchandise. Horrible customer service -they blamed me. Strongly advise not buying from them.

abirm3
1/8/17

This is second time bought item from venus websit
First time the dresse not great but it was ok
Second time purchas with more than 250 $
3 item as well not great but ok to wear
Other 3 items realy bad it wasn't as description or even the photo on the web site 3 item more than 120 $ very bad quality no way to wear them any where bad matriel i try to returne back it cost me from canada more then 70 $
No dealing with them again realy bad quality no way to exchange with return fees you have to pay plus custom fees as well bad experience

stephaniek65
1/7/17

same thing happened to me!! so pissed! I should have just kept the items for what I ended up getting credit for! never again!!

leslieb89
1/5/17

I've been a Venus customer for a few years. I really like them. I realize the quality isn't that wonderful but it's not horrible. I always get compliments when wearing clothing from them. Sometimes it takes a little longer to receive my shipment or maybe a mixup happens... but that happens in life. I have ordered items that when I received them didn't look great on me or I wasn't happy with the quality but that also happens when I shop at the mall. Overall I've always been happy with their customer service and they always credit my returns in a timely manner.
Honestly... I like Venus and I'll continue to shop with them.

camillea9
1/5/17

Placed an online order for over $350 worth of clothes called to check staus they needed approval from my husband which he gave and was told they would ship within a week waited two more weeks NOTHING so called again to check staus to find they cancelled my order called my hubby to make sure he didn't cancel the order-he did not! Called Venus asked to speak to a supervisor complained to the supervisor and she hung up on me! So very disappointed-needed summer clothes for a vacation got nothing but $#*!ty service!!! DO NOT order from Venus-they suck!

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from Venus!!!

adrianaj4
1/4/17

Ive been purchasing at the very least a couple hundred dollars worth of clothing from venus yearly for about the last 7 years and been extreamly happy. This last year however was a completely diferent story. The quality was ridiculously poor. When the clothes came in they looked more like something from those fly by night Chinese knock offs on those supercheap websites online. I couldnt believe it. I had at least 7 items come in and only one was wearable! They were either wayyy too small or a shirt i could wear in Miami on a hot summer day rather then the sweater material it claimed. Im so so so disapointed. I loved shopping here...

nazt4
1/3/17

I also ordered a package 2 weeks before Christmas. I called them a day before to make sure I'd receive everything in time. They stated that they hadn't sent it out yet. They could "overnight" it but because of the holiday and weekend, it would take 4 days to receive the clothing. No thanks. Please cancel my order. Never mind.
The representative was nice and said that there was a glitch but no one could call me? Email? I had to call them to find out there was a problem. They were going to compensate me with a gift card worth less than 10% what I paid. Like, I said, never mind.

kristinar11
1/3/17

Attempted to return $80 worth of clothing, using the return label provided by Venus. They "never received" the clothing, continually closed my complaints, and refused to refund my money. Terrible customer service, don't waste your money on this company.

joycec51
12/29/16

I purchased several items recently and due to poor quality returned a couple of the tops. Mind you, non of it was great value - or quality, but some I just kept. They charge this outrageous "return label fee" in addition to their return shipping charges. I returned $61.00 in merchandise, and was charged a $34 return labe fee as well as $10 shipping charges. Then when I tried contacting customer service they would never give me any answer what-so ever! Horrible company!!!

lindad167
12/29/16

I purchased a top from them. It didn't fit right and was different than the picture. To make a long story short when I returned it I was only given credit for $17.70 when my purchase was for $29.60. When I called for an explanation the girl was unprofessional and rude. I will never waste my money on this site again. Do yourself a favor and do the same.

susanm263
12/27/16

Don't waste your money bad quality. Very dissatisfied with the quality of these clothes and pants to run large, not worth returning it'll cost more than the clothes.

jeffb186
12/21/16

I have purchased over $500 worth of clothing from this company in the past 6 months, never had an issue til now. I order a package for Christmas, they sent it to me not to the address i asked. When i called them about it, well it's in transit, nothing we can do. I know that is not right not with UPS, they offered to resend 2 of the 4 items the other 2 were sold out. What kind of Christmas was that going to be. So i asked to talk to a supervisor at customer service, they wouldn't even pick up the phone. Never again will i order from here. Victoria's maybe just a little more, but they handle their mistakes. Don't be a sucker.

debbies120
12/21/16

I have been ordering for years like over 5 years from Venus.com. In the past 6 months things have changed severely and not for the better. Quality of clothes has dropped way off. Don't bother to wash anything it will fall apart, or shrink. But, I liked a couple of dresses for the holidays so I thought I would try again. $136 order on 12/14 with over night shipping additional. 12/18 no order called told it was lost in warehouse and would be going out over night. 12/20 no order call told it has not been processed on chat by Angel Gates, who did nothing more and told me she needed to get off chat. Asked for supervisor told to call, she said she couldn't provide a name. I called and was placed on hold waiting for supervisor. Then before I could talk to anyone hung up on...twice! Called again and Kelsey answered she took the time to look up order and to see what could be done. She even went another step and said she would call me personally when it shipped. SO now I wait still mad but not at Kelsey at all of her other co-workers that just treat a job like it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, I will wait for this order and now will only shop at Boston Proper.

sherrit9
12/21/16

I was very optimistic about my first order and received it very timely. I have since placed additional orders in which I have had returns in each one. They have ridiculous charges for returns if it brings your total under $100. I put items from 2 orders into one box for the return, the total of the return was $105.00; they charged me $32.96 for the return. The items I returned were definitely not worth the money; and really not worth the additional $32.96 to return !!! Pants run large, tops run small and boots are ridiculous, it you have average size calves you cannot get them zipped, if you have wide calves don't even bother. Hope this saves someone some hard earned $$$$

shirleyb81
12/20/16

Great service!! But beware!! Terrible, very low quality clothing!! I spent over 500 and unfortunately returned everything. Paper thin. Disappointed, can not find the styles in department stores.

kellym174
12/20/16

I placed an order for a Christmas present for my mom back on December 5, 2016. The order wasn't backordered or anything and shipped within a day. I didn't receive my package by the expected arrival day so I called and inquired about the status. I was told they'd track my package and give me a call once they had further information and could potentially reorder the shirt I'd ordered if they couldn't find the package.
Today I followed up after not hearing back and found out my order has been cancelled and refunded a few days before Christmas because they couldn't find the package and sold out of the top since my previous call. No one called to notify me and now I'm left scrambling for a Christmas gift at the last minute, with not enough to place another online order. The malls are picked over in terms of sizing and I don't know what I'm going to do. They didn't offer any potential alternatives or solutions. I feel they should've reserved a backup when I initially called rather than selling out while they traced the shirt that I'd already paid for. I am extremely dissatisfied with Venus and would not trust them with future Christmas orders.

allisonb58
12/19/16

I ordered something on 12/6 which was expected to ship on 12/9. It is now 12/19 and they do not know when my order will be shipped. NEVER ORDERING FROM HERE AGAIN.

stephaniew91
12/16/16

The past few months I have been searching for swimwear for a trip. I was so nervous to order online for the first time. So happy with my results with Venus! Swimwear is great material and sizes were perfect! I did send one top back that was good material but not a good style. Cover up was just as size chart showed. I will order again on this site!

saraj60
12/14/16

I never write reviews typically but I placed a $130 order with venus. Their photos are gorgeous, shirts are 30-40 dollars a peice and appeared to be nice quality. However upon recieving the clothes they were paper thin. One shirt had an arm 2 inches longer than the other, another shirt had thread hanging off in many places and the cleavage was so low it went down past the bottom of my bra and was completely see through. These look look like the type of clothes you would buy for a few dollars on chinese websites. Forever 21 and walmart sell better quality clothes. Be careful before you buy...the quality is junk.

terim11
12/14/16

SOME OF THE MORE POPULAR ITEMS THEY ADVERTISE (via Facebook, their HomePage, etc.) ARE ON PERPETUAL BACKORDER. You will wait months with no valid explanation for the delay and NEVER receive your item. Apparently, these items are intentional lures to get you to their website. I've never been more dissatisfied with an online retailer, and I've dealt with many.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE

72 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question