US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lucyd31
2/25/17

The top I got for 49:99 was so cheaply made it came so wrinkly I can't get them out , I will pay for my purchase but won't order again

brendam132
2/24/17

I have purchased around $700.00 worth of clothes at Venus.com. I love the styles, the fabrics and stitching, however; are not always what I expected for the price. Button missing, raveled after washing and they dont always list the fabric content with their items in their online catalog. You also cant check the status of your order, only that it was received, not if it was declined for any reason. Orders you place are fulfilled the NEXT time you make a purchase if declined by your bank. So, you get surprised when it finally arrives. In other words, no order is ever cancelled unless you specifically telephone them and verbally advise them that you want to cancel it. They put the former orders you placed on your card as soon as the card accepts it on their Venus card. I keep the minimum credit allowance available for their Venus card for that very reason. Otherwise, enjoy!

geniet
2/23/17

I will start with saying the clothes are really nice, however, there seems to be a HUGE lack of communication between Venus customer service and the customer. The site says, all orders placed before 5:00pm will ship same day pending authorization. This is a lie and needs to be removed from their site. Also, NEVER pay for overnight or 2nd day shipping. This is a waste of your time and money. If an item on your order is out of stock (which happens a lot) your order will not ship NOR will anyone call or email you to let you know. Very POOR Communication. Most representatives are nice but beware they will ONLY tell you what you want to hear. So I would strongly suggest do NOT even bother with them. It's sad but true. I've tried for almost a year now and it's the same thing I've even recorded conversation to prove they lie but nothing changes.

sf80
2/22/17

I order online. A lot. I'm good at it. Do not, I repeat do not order from Venus. They charged me $20 to return a $39 skirt. I will end up getting it back from AMEX but no company should be allowed to scam you like this. I even asked about return costs before I ordered. Very unethical.

audreyg12
2/21/17

Ordered a swim top for Mexico and they sent me a completely different suit. Called to tell them the problem and I sent the suit back. Told them NOT to send me anything else (already went to Mexico) and to take me off of all email subscriber lists. They sent (and charged) me for the wrong suit AGAIN. So now I have to spend more time shipping the wrong suit back. Unbelieve incompetence. Oh yeah, they still send me emails. Requested 2x's to remove my email.

tonyam24
2/20/17

clothes run extremely big, the quality of a coat was terrible, worn twice and unraveling. Returned a pair of pants that were too big and was charged a fortune to return it.

donnaw57
2/19/17

I shop at Venus.com regularly. I know my size well enough now that I rarely have to return anything. I have always been satisfied with the quality. I get tons of compliments on my selections. Contemporary fashion at affordable prices. So affordable, my shopping cart fills up fast! I would highly recommend.

roxannea11
2/18/17

I ordered a bathing suit and matching cover-up pants. The suit was great and I was very pleased, but the pants was huge. The return materials say $6.95 for the use of the shipping label. I used their label and returned them. When the return was processed, they deducted >$16 for the label PLUS $9.95 for shipping! They never said anything about this extra charge in their return policy. I could have shipped it back myself for about $5. This was a ripoff! Don't order than anything that you might have to return.

kimp106
2/16/17

I was reading all the reviews on Venus.com and usually I'm will to take a risk...but in this case, I'll pass.....Thanks to all who have took the time to save others from the lesson's they've learned Kim P. Randallstown, MD

gracec79
2/16/17

I've been ordering with this company for half a year, when going shopping in actual malls became to much of a hassle. My clothes have always come in excellent condition and fit me well. Their clothes are comfy and stylish, while I haven't bought shoes from them. I love everything about the company, except the wait for my clothes to get delivered but that's a given. Overall I love this store and will continue to shop here.

hiwott
2/13/17

I need a swim wear and a cover up so desperately and I found the one I liked on here, However I am not feeling safe placing an order after reading these horrible reviews. we work hard for our money you know!?

joyceb58
2/10/17

Purchased clothing, questionable value, then returned something....well that started it. Got charged about $15 to return items...No where on booklet did it state that, it said free returns, NOT! Angel send me a scripted live chat. Told her I was dissatisfied as I did not see it anywhere posted. I told her I was reporting to BBB and I will protest it with my visa company. She wrote back "thank you for shopping with us and hope to service you in the future" They are sneaky and the clothing not that good. Do not waste your time or money on them. I bet that Angel is a phony name anyway, they do not try to resolve problems, I have a $25 gift card sitting there will not use. They are a scam.....

annac128
2/9/17

I just want to let you ladies know that pursuant to certain federal laws you are entitled to a full refund. If you are being swindled I suggest filing online Complaint forms with The Federal Trade Commission (https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1), and your State's Attorney General Office which usually have complaint forms online. It couldn't hurt to have the government start a full on investigation of these shady practices if enough of you complain! Just a suggestion.

tracyh101
2/9/17

I was very worried about ordering from Venus after I read so many negative reviews! But I bit the bullet and I AM SO GLAD I ORDERED! I love their designs and I ordered 22 different items from tops, sweaters and dresses. (Needless to say it was over $500!). I received my box the very next day (I paid $15 extra for expedited shipping). I immediately tried on each single piece and I am NOT disappointed at all! Thrilled and relieved that I did not let those other reviews deter me from ordering! Ordering some jeans today! Helpful hint: If you are concerned about sizing, call them before you order! We went through each item to make sure I had the right sizes! It was truly a pleasure speaking with their Customer Service team. The hold time was only a couple of minutes and sooo worth it! Happy shopping!

rossg15
2/5/17

I am very disapointed in Venus company.I bought boots 2 weeks ago.In the first week they were all with scrapes.As days pass, they are getting very uncomfortable for wearing and my feet hurt.And the price was very high.

jenik1
2/4/17

The styles look really cute, but, yes, the quality is poor. In spite of the quality, I decided to keep the things knowing full well that they wouldn't last that long. I don't like to send things back. However, a necklace I ordered was fabricated incorrectly and was a jumbled mess. I sent a message to live chat and was told I was being sent a replacement. At that point I was pretty happy with Venus, despite knowing the quality was not very good; I thought that at least they took care of the customers. Well, two weeks went by and no necklace. I just contacted them again and was told I would receive a refund. I found their live chat to be less than professional. The clerk disconnected on me before asking if that was everything. I was very polite, but it just felt like a brush off. Whether I receive a refund now or not (and I am not hopeful), I will not shop there again. UPDATE: in fairness to Venus, they did refund my account about one week after my contact with them. So at least they did do that. I personally still do not plan to shop with them anymore, but I wanted to accurately reflect my experience with them. Thank you.

lorih64
2/2/17

I have been ordering from Venus.com and from the catalog for over a year now and have really liked everything I have gotten so far (with one exception), I did buy a pair of boots, and the zipper did not work,but they quickly credited my account for the boots and I found something else to replace them with!! All in all, I really like them!! I get a ton of compliments when I wear something I have purchased from them! Reviews do help in making informed decisions, however, you really do need to be your own judge. If I had believed everything I had read about this company, I would have never gotten the chance to see for myself.

ayah4
1/31/17

This is not the first time this happens when I place my order with venus. I send email and call and yet nothing. They have the worst customer service I've ever delt with. I've been buying with them for over 6 years but I won't buy with them ever again!!!

angelah100
1/30/17

I want to say what an amazing experience I had!!! I bought 2 bathing suits. I actually measured myself and made sure I recipients the correct sizes. Fortunately, I needed a smaller size in the bottoms... so I returned them! Great fast return service. Great communication throughout the process via email and fast! Thanks. I will definitely purchase bathing suits and clothing from Venous in the future!

gr3556
1/30/17

I've done business quite a bit with VENUS over the last 2 years. On Dec. 22, 2016, they were having a flash sale. Good prices on cute stuff. So I ordered 4 items and paid an extra $5 for expedited shipping, in which they said it would be delivered in 3 business days. Ok fine. Well an order was delivered on the 27th of December, but it was not mine. The stuff belonged to someone else in a different state across the country. I call them and let them know. They tell me your order was delivered. I said it was someone else's. They said ok, send it back to us and we will put a trace on your order and someone will call you in 10 days. WTH?? I sent the order back. So I wait 10 days go by. Nothing. A couple days after that they call. I missed it and called them back. The girl says, they are gone for the day but they wanted to know if you want the stuff or a refund. I said I want my stuff. The girl said ok, we will send you your stuff on Monday and you will have it by Tuesday. I said great. Another week goes by. Nothing, no emails , no package, nothing. I call them again, spoke to a woman. She said oh I am so sorry and we will ship your stuff to you right of way. Great. BY now it's already 3 weeks into January. Still nothing. I chatted online with the customer service rep and told her how unhappy I was. She said well do you want your stuff or a refund. I said I want a refund including my $5 for shipping. She said ok. They refunded me $5.00 only. Are you freaking kidding me?? So obviously I had to dispute the charge and the bank fully refunded me today. But it's been a total nightmare with this company. Never again will I order from them and their customer service reps are horrible. If you want to take the risk of losing your money, go ahead and order but it's not worth the aggravation!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! BEWARE!!

liliab1
1/30/17

Very poor quality. I ordered 4 items (3 dressed on swimsuit) and all items were terrible. The material is cheap, VERY CHEAP! Don't waste your money!!!

theresem1
1/28/17

Great clothing poor customer communication. Ordered top and bottom bathing suit. I wasn't told they only had the top. They ship only the top. They could have notify me before they ship that they didn't have the both pieces. I called the customer service and the only thing they can do is saying I applogize.... so if I order shoes they might send me one shoe and apologize lol. BTW, I've ordered from them in the past and no complaint there.

sarahs305
1/27/17

I have NEVER had a bad customer service experience with Venus.com. Their team is always kind and professional, and goes the extra mile to resolve problems. I don't understand some of these reviews. I've called multiple times over the last few years and it always works out very well, in my favor. The clothing is perfect for large-chested women who don't necessarily have overweight bodies. Their clothing is flattering on "the girls" and makes me feel like a million bucks. Just follow the size charts and not what size you dream or think you are. Be realistic, order, and run with it!

shontaw2
1/27/17

I ordered some corduroy pants on back order that was supposed to be back in stock on January 20th, 2017. I called them on January 26th because no one bothered updating me i was told they was at another warehouse it appears that my money of $120 is not of concern of this company..customer service sucks I Will not be Ordering again from this company

brandym20
1/26/17

Placed a order online and they claim they never received it. But yet I have confirmation stating that they received my order.

78 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
tracyw84
Tracy W.
2 days, 20 hours ago
Answer
valeriec60
Valerie C.
A: I just sent back a jacket using their return label. I called customer service to make sure I owed them nothing. They charged me 15.00 to return a 52.00 jacket. That is shady as hell. Does not state that on their information.
2 hours ago