US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

janiceh47
8/25/16

I ordered a bathing suit in a size 12, every store I've shopped in, the 12 fit me and at times I needed a 10, the Venus bathing suit was too tight so I had to pay $7.95 to have it shipped and $6.95 to return, it's a total rip-off. One other thing, it's impossible to stop their e-mails from coming, I've unsubscribed 3 times to no avail, then called and they supposedly connected me to their IT team who said the twice a day e-mails would definitely stop, they are still coming to me. Stay away from this place, they don't even deserve one star.

aprilt26
8/21/16

So I have LOVED Venus for Years! I am not a small woman because my shape I can go between a size 14-18 depending on the Item. I have been able to buy tons of things with Venus and have always been so Happy, never had a problem with shipping and handling either. This latest Order I cant say I am as happy with! I have this Emerald Dress I got years ago and Loved!!! So I was soooo excited when I saw that now had a black and purple Version of "the same dress". I got my Item and pulled it out of the bag. First thing I noticed was the Material was Different. It was a lighter thinner material. The other was a nice thick strechy Material. I would call this new Material Slinky and see through. Not at all the same, but I put on... Yeah, the stich of this dress is not great. Its a little off kilter and its no wear near as long as the other dress and way way more see through in the Black version. I still like enough to keep because it can be worn, but its not anywere near the quality I expect for Venus! They best grt their acts together, maybe go back to having clothing made in Lithuania rather than China! I looked at the tags ... That is the differance... Everything made in china seems to be cheap and crap quality now n days... So if Venus is now getting their Items made in China then the great quality they used to represent is no more. Maybe new owners, who Knows ... But if they read this, I highly recomend you switch your manufacturers back to the old ones! Or your business will suffer a great deal.

stacys53
8/16/16

Haven't had a problem with clothing or shipping but, always advertise she same pieces for the last 2-3 years so I stopped ordering. Only a few new items but for the most part.... it's the same clothing. I used to be excited when catalog arrive but now I just toss it.

dissatisfiedh
8/16/16

My wife placed an order never received item...forgot about it got a bill for item and a latecharge,prior to her bill had a 0 balance ,so she called and was told the item showed delivered....no item = $51.00 bill (item never received and now 2 late charges for not paying bills)

ginao4
8/12/16

Did not receive my order... Then told by customer service "did the shipping receipt state it was on back-order"... Hummm it didn't state it was on back order at time of ordering, shows the item was shipped, no notifications, just not received and nothing denoted... Worst customer service, no advance notice, they just don't come through and are good with that... And unless you follow up you will never see what you purchased - stay away from this company it's a sham

brienm2
8/11/16

Venus allows you to use coupons on their site. Then they charge you the original price, thus allowing you to think you are saving money until you look at your credit statement. They have very disappointing customer service. They will not give you the correct amount- DO NOT TRUST THE PRICE!!!

naomis8
8/9/16

In the past I have been happy with Venus, however this order was different. They shipped the wrong item twice and when I called said that they no longer had the item I ordered. Very upset and offered nothing to right the wrong.

brendam98
8/9/16

A huge sigh of relief! I recently placed a $200 order that I received within 3 business days- I ordered 3 swimsuit tops and 2 different bottoms and a cover up. My intent was to pick one and send the others back but I am very pleased to say that all of them fit just right and I am keeping all of them! Being able to mismatch sizes between tops and bottoms was a huge help. I am a curvy girl and finally feel comfortable wearing a swimsuit after not doing so for quite some time! So overall- the size and quality are a hit for me...I can't comment on the customer service since there was no need to contact them.

colleenb33
8/4/16

I am really surprised by all these negative reviews... I had my girls in my wedding order this teal wrap dress and it fit everyone beautifully... I buy many many cloths from this store and have never had any issues.. Many of the shirts and bathing suites were purchased a few years ago and I am still wearing them... I love their prices and have never had issues with the size or quality.. I will continue to order from this store... Thanks Venus!!

angelc37
8/3/16

Ordered 100$ of stuff and received within a week. The clothes do run on the longer and larger size but the swimsuits fit amazing especially if you are one size on top and another on the bottom. Returned two items with the label they gave due to being large they kept me updated by emails when they received, processed, and shipped out the new items. Everything processed and new items revived in 2 1-2 weeks. my best friend has placed several orders and returns without issue as well. The sizes that come in bra size are right on, the maxi dresses, skirts ect run long and go down one size. Never ordered shoes, pants, or accessories. Would love to here if they run big as well?

angelak42
8/2/16

This site is like most others...if it sounds to good to be true it's because it is to good to be true...CHEAP is what you PAY and CHEAPER is what you get....DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

veniec2
8/1/16

I spent over $100 and the quality is worse than Walmart, nothing like the pictures. Fabric is see through on all items, stitching looks like a 10 year sewed it and threads everywhere. I'm positive these items will fall apart. They look great in the pictures and look extremely cheap in real life!! The quality is so poor and I advise anyone NOT to order from Venus!!! I'm 100% dissatisfied and you will be also!!!!!!!!

jamiev13
7/31/16

I have bought 4 different bathing suits at 70 a piece. Two of them fell apart and broke, stiching came out right away. One fell apart after one use. Never ever purchasing anything from them ever again!!!

laurenf25
7/28/16

I ordered a bathing suit in a sz 6 and it ended up being a little snug. I looked online and there was sz 8 available. I called customer service and they said to fill out the return for and put what size you want to exchange for. I asked if I should order the size I want right now and get a refund on my credit card when they receive my return. the woman said "no there's plenty in stock." after I sent it back in the mail I noticed that they were now sold out of it online. I called and all they can say is "there is nothing we can do about it, we will make sure the person you spoke with is retrained" now I'm out a bathing suit and $6.95 for returning it

amberr25
7/26/16

Venus has very cute clothes and swim suits and they fit very well. The quality is usually good, but I've had a few pieces that were not good quality. Their customer service is probably the worst customer service I have ever come in contact with. I'd rather contact my cable/phone company than Venus. If they make a mistake on your return, they will charge your card without your permission. When you fill out their contact page, it says they will respond within 24 hours.. so far I'm on day 4 without a response. If you plan on keeping everything you order, you will be better off. God forbid you have any returns, be wary. Keep track of what your returning and what they are refunding you, because chances are they'll get it wrong.

stephaniel56
7/23/16

I'm very curvy size 14/16 and big hips ass area. I was very cautious when I ordered not thinking the clothing or quality would be good but I loved the maximum dresses I saw on line and had to have them! They arrived and I ripped open the pkgs and tried them all on. I am in love I bought 5 maxi dresses and a skirt and they all fit my curves like a glove. The quality is really nice and stretchy to. I highly recommend to anyone . Love their clothing I'm hooked! Bc Canada! Also very fast shipping !

sharlac1
7/22/16

I've shopped at Venus now for several years. Typically place my orders online but this last order was a last minute deal so I called and placed my order on a Wednesday evening was assured if I paid for next day shipping that my order would arrive on Friday. Well I've been a customer for a while so when I didn't receive an email on Thursday that my order had shipped I called about noon and was told it would ship "today", still no email called again about 6 to follow up and the supervisor says it will arrive Friday. Well it's Friday I check my email and yes it shipped but tracking was not available all day so it's 5pm no delivery so so I call ask to speak directly with the supervisor and she was rude and nonchalant and said oh well it didn't ship out until this morning because some of your items were not available but I will credit you for the shipping fee. So, not only did my order not arrive but I would've never known that the entire order wasn't there until the order actually arrived. So I tell her that is not acceptable and that I want my entire refund immediately that I shouldn't have to wait 10 business days because they messed up to which she basically threatens me and says that she will process the refund but if I don't return the merchandise upon delivery that she would go back in and charge my account and again very very rude!!! Like I was inconveniencing her. Well Venus after 5 plus years you lost my business and not solely because of the oops but the customer service was awful!

annak101
7/22/16

I only buy their swimsuits because the prices are reasonable. But as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." The quality is just ok. I'd rather spend the same $ on a name brand that's on sale. Anyways, my swimsuit from last year didn't hold up so I decided to buy a different one this summer. I bought three swimsuits knowing that I'd have to return 1 or 2 of them. I used their $6.95 return label. However when I got my confirmation email, I was also charged $7.95 for shipping. When I called to complain, I was told that, after returning those two items, my purchase was now below $99. Hence the additional shipping fee. I shop various sites online and have never heard such a thing. Lastly, it takes 5-7 business days for standard shipping which is way too long versus other sites. I'm very disappointed with their business practices and taking my money elsewhere.

amys173
7/21/16

This was the first time I shopped at Venus.com. I was a tad skeptical based on some not-so-great reviews I read concerning the fit/quality of the clothes and the return process. Well, I took a chance and ordered some clothes for a Vegas trip. All in all I ordered a dress, wedge sandals, skinny jeans, and 4 tops. Everything fit true to size, looked the same as it did online, and the quality was really good too. I did have to return a few items but it was because I changed my mind. They provided return shipping label in the box and the instructions clearly indicated that if I used their label I would be charged a shipping fee of $6.75. No big deal. In about a week I received an email saying my return was received and I should expect a refund within 5-7 business days. I got my refund the next day. In some of the reviews I read some folks were pissed about that fee. Honestly, providing that label upfront and just offsetting my refund was a heck of a lot easier than wasting a lunch break, standing in the line at the post office. I have been very impressed by the whole experience with Venus.com and will definitely continue to shop there.

nathalyj
7/21/16

They are cheats and liars they charged me in USA $ after asking what country I am from making me feel as though the price that was there was the price in Canadian$ then they sent me an email telling that I had to pay another 50$ upon arrival. I just filed with the better business bureau more ppl should do this to stop this scamming.

kristinaf6
7/20/16

I returned a $22 item because it did not fit and use their prepaid $6.95 return label. They deducted that plus an additional $12.95 for shipping! So now I was refunded just over $2 for a $22 item. I will never order from them again. There are so many other options out there. Plus the bathing suits are nice but the clothing is total crap quality

irenej7
7/7/16

I ordered 3 dresses from Venus, and I understand that I will pay duty and taxes when ordering from the USA, but when Venus shipped me the wrong dress, I thought no problem, I'm sure the will just credit me the difference of the cheaper dress I received and I will just keep it and give it away, but no, they want me to return the dress to credit me the difference! I would cost me more to ship it back and pay taxes and duty again for the right dress! They even had the odasity to say they would not charge me for the right dress! Duh, I already paid for that dress! So, I'll just eat the cost difference and keep the dress.

*******DO NOT ORDER FROM VENUS IF YOU LIVE IN CANADA*******

jf35
7/3/16

I am happy I didn't see this site before my 1st order. I'm 5'6" 145, size 8/M, curves, long legs. I feel like Venus clothing is designed for my shape! I got 3 tops, 2 maxi dresses, and a swimsuit set. I'm happy with all of them! The maxis aren't super high quality fabric, but I got them on sale at $22 & $24, which is a good price for them. They have comfy stretch and look pretty & casual-sexy. The swimsuit is GREAT, best one I've bought in a long time! Love the "Marilyn" swim top for the "D" that I am. Sexy yet classy. I chose items really carefully, styles that I already know will look flattering on me. I zoomed in on them, checking what fabric, sizing guide. I got an offer for a $25 gift certificate if I order $50 minimum, so I'm guessing if you like them, they incentive to buy again, yay!

I haven't wanted to return, so I can't speak to that. But reading other reviews has me continue to be vigilant at ordering things I will truly want, so that I don't rely on "I can just return it if I'm not sure."

Tip for consumers: Shop carefully, read size guide, zoom in on items, really WANT what you order. These points should keep returns to a minimum, which is apparently where Venus gets weak (I don't know, haven't returned).

juliet177
6/30/16

I love Venus clothes. I think clothes make feel very sexy. Good prices too.

deek37
6/30/16

I have had no problems with service, shipping ,quality or size. I get tons of compliments when I wear the sun dresses and tops I had bought. They are different than you can buy at a store. I like earning rewards, when I use the cards. And the times I've called in, I had no problems with customer service. I have never had to return anything, so I can't speak on that. The swimwear is pricy, but it seems to be everywhere.

62 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question