US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alicep41
12/1/16

I ordered a Holiday dress with a listed backorder date of 11/30, I contacted customer service and this was their reply.

Me: said it was back ordered on until 11/30/16
Diamond Sanchez: These items have come in and should ship within the next one to two business days. Keep in mind, that when the items do come in, they must still go through Quality Assurance. The backorder dates provided are merely the expected dates for us to receive these items. They are unfortunately, neither the guaranteed dates of arrival nor shipment and are subject to change without notice.

Shouldn't they post a more accurate date on backorders so we can make sure we have an item we may need.

andreasn8
11/27/16

Hi guys please stay away for this garbage company . Especially if you order for Canada. This website is just to still our money . If you want try a you gone a be in trouble . Andreas.
REAL PERSON AND REAL REVIEW. I GIVE 1 STAR BECAUSE I CANT GIVE -10.

jessicac142
11/27/16

I ordered four sweaters from Venus.com. One was plain and very hard to mess up I would think, one didn't have much shape but was very comfy so am keeping them. The other two were AWFUL! The stitching was literally showing at the edge of each sweater. One was a cropped shoulder that had a large hem sticking out! Such poor quality. The turtleneck was so stretched out and shapeless that it actually looked oval. The second sweater was tiny in the bust yet huge on the waist (trust me, I don't have the bust to fill it out..it was just deformed) For $40 a sweater, I would expect higher quality than something that looked homemade from a home-ec class!! Will never order again! The catalogs are very deceiving!! The clothes look nothing like the pictures.

deneinec
11/25/16

I'm not sure where all of the negative reviews are coming from but I have been ordering from Venus for several years now and have been very happy with the quality. I've had some shirts that I've had for a few years and are still going strong. As far as the customer service, I have never had a better experience with any other company. Always helpful, fast delivery and if I have any returns, they couldn't be easier!

laurac193
11/23/16

I ordered from Venus for the first time and was extremely disappointed with the quality. I previously read all the negative reviews on their quality, but still wanted to give them a chance. The dress I received was supposed to have a faux leather strip across the stomach, which actually ended up consisting of a thin metallic piece of fabric. The online picture makes the customer believe the dress is made out of a spandex material, but instead is actually created from a thin piece of cotton fabric. This being said, if the dress is too tight, it will hug you in all the wrong places. In addition to the low quality, it also was delivered with zero tags on it, and a horrible smell which resembled some sort of chemical. Overall, I would not recommend people to buy clothing from this company.

lorraineh20
11/22/16

I ordered a bikini bottom from them in the past and it was a good cut and quality... i ordered 3 items this time, so i will update review later y .. shipping was free with $100 spent

lyndseyw2
11/21/16

The only thing good about this company is the selection they offer. Too bad the clothes are poorly made, and once you place your order, you have to pay additional fees to actually get the clothing (if you are from Canada). Misleading and a big waste of time.

kathyb115
11/18/16

Outstanding customer service thank you

hannak4
11/18/16

Venus is a worst service over the world! they wasted 4 weeks to place orders and they scoofing at disabled peoples! I hope that everybody will repost this message and venus will work correctly with all clients!!! They did everything, received everything all dates about card and just scoofing on clients!!!

mariag139
11/16/16

This would be my first time ordering from this site. I read the reviews not to happy with the reviews but they do have beautiful clothes, can someone tell me a little bit more about the clothes quality? I'm hearing the quality is not so good.

ryleeg
11/16/16

My grandma gave me their catalog about mid summer, I didn't order a bathing suit from them because I love my current one. I bought a lot of dresses and tops from them and always got good quality items, they are a little pricey for products but they are constantly having sales so that slightly helps. I've only had to tailor one dress because I didn't realize how LONG it was and I didn't think it was long in the picture, that's the only misleading thing I have come across. I will be ordering more from them, love this website and would totally recommend it 100%

Tip for consumers: Just be careful of prices, that the only really bad part that I've come across from Venus. Check on items often for sales, and be cautious that an item may be sold out for a temporary time or it will be a discontinued item. That has happened to me very few times but do watch out for it.

marcosm17
11/13/16

I placed two orders on Saturday at 9pm. I called to cancel one of the two orders the next morning Sunday at 9am. They say it was to late for them to cancel it.

mandyl21
11/11/16

I am from Canada. I ordered a bathing suit and the next day I received an email regarding a site Venus uses for taxes and duty. They charge 24.95 on top of shipping charges. It states that until the taxes and duty has been remitted, the order would not be sent out. The bathing suit was only 60.00 so I wasn't paying another 25.00 plus shipping for the suit. Not worth it. I called that day and spoke to someone who ensured me that he cancelled the order. I checked my credit card statement and saw they took payment anyway. I called back and spoke to someone else who said that unfortunately, the previous person tried to cancel the order but it had already been sent and they couldn't track it. She told me to wait until it was delivered and to deny the charges and have it sent back and if I hadn't received anything in three weeks to call back. It has been three weeks and still no package and still the money has not been returned. I called back again and spoke to an extremely rude person who informed me that there was no way they could have not sent it out (even though the email said it would not be sent out till taxes and duty was remitted), that I had to wait till it showed up (with no tracking they also couldn't tell me where it was), and I wasn't getting my money back until they received the clothes back. This is incredibly poor customer service especially since I had been assured by the one employee that my order had been cancelled. So I'm sitting here....hoping it shows up so I can get my money back. Will I use Venus again? Nope! And it's unfortunate because I have bought their clothes before and was really happy with my purchases. Not worth the headache.

ginam59
11/10/16

I ordered and received a Cable Knit Sweater. Within an hour of wearing it, it was stretched out of shape and had pilled down both sleeves and sides of the sweater. I contacted customer service and was told I could return it but could not get a refund. They only allow merchandise credit. Beware, the clothes look great in the catalog but the quality of the merchandise is very poor.

amym154
11/10/16

I like the style of Venus clothing however everything I ordered has been low quality. The fabric is cheap and the fit never is right. I gave them a few chances and will no longer order from them.

teresam79
11/4/16

I received my items promptly and my shipping was taken off as soon I contacted customer service. I was charged shipping and my total was over $100.

annab264
11/3/16

I have 2 summer dresses that received compliments. They are not skin tight and look attractive. The materials in most of their clothes are synthetic which I don't like, preferring cotton for summer. One sweater was stylish and warm enough. My latest order has a halter with an impossible closure, a long-sleeved top that is great, another one that is pretty, lacy but has this unnecessary zipper, (already has spandex). And a summer top that looks a bit too girlish but I would never send anything back as shipping is expensive and I had to pay duty on top of the poor Canadian dollar. Venus does have dresses that are to the knee but still sexy. I prefer that length as I am 5'3" . Why do they not let you review on their site? Fear...ha ha. Yes, the chat helper was rude and could not tell me when the rest of my order would arrive. It took 3 weeks to deliver and I had to pay duty but not shipping as it was over $100. I wish there was an on-line store that was great here in Canada. I have ordered from Forever 21 and have some great items and from Abercrombie and Fitch. No duty on these but they tend to make items for girls. I am busty but fit. I no longer would wear mini dresses unless I wear tights as I am 64 although I don't look it. Most people think I look great in the Venus over the knee dress. On line they cater to younger, flat-chested girls but Venus has spandex synthetics which help, although I prefer cotton. I hardly ever find anything in a regular store so I will continue to shop on line being very careful about Venus as everything seems to be rayon, viscose (cold water wash)

rlongn
10/25/16

I ordered the jacket on their web. I was very disappointed when I received it . I decided to return it and found out I had paid for shipment for return too. Don't order anything from them. Their clothes are garbage.

rb56
10/25/16

venus.com becoming more and more like those cheap Chinese clothing websites, except it is still expensive: the catalog photos of clothing are far from the way it looks in reality, with cheap fabrics, poor execution quality and even different style. Customer service doesn't really care about that, because the shipping expenses are customers responsibility, so they are not loosing anything, just reputations, which apparently is not their priority.

catherinec63
10/23/16

Too many disgruntled customers!! I changed my mind about ordering.

constances10
10/23/16

I stumbled onto this Venus website by accident surfing the internet. They have fabulous pieces. So, since I purchased a lot of their items I decided to apply for their card. Well, when you get the card , it reads as followed..... please call before use to confirm receipt of your card. I never called to confirm receipt of card, I just decided to use my own credit card to make purchases. So then the first time I decide to use the card I made a purchase of 74.00. When I register online to make my payment it gives me a balance of 322.00! WTF..... I immediately call the chat line and ask the rep to explain to me why I have a balance of said amount if I have been making purchases with my own credit card. See gives me some lame excuse about she couldn't see certain purchase but ask me about .... well, did these items ship to my address on and I told her yes, but what does that have to do with you explaining to me about my bill. So now I have to pay a 322.00 balance for purchase that I thought were being made on my own personal credit card. I explained to the rep that they will no longer receive any of my business and I will be informing others about their shady business. So pissed !

googleu3
10/22/16

I have ordered from Venus in the past and all their clothing was of a very high quality, very elegant and yet affordable. My recent order however, put me in a state of shock. The clothing was cheaply made, sizes were off, and some pieces completely did not resemble the pictures from the catalog. Out of 15 pieces, I decided to keep only 5. The sudden change in Venus quality reminded me of Victoria's Secret drop in quality as well. I will never order from either again.

mg91
10/21/16

I have bought so many elegant dresses from Venus, very classy and sophisticated dresses, especially the olive belted dress I just bought , great quality, great fit awesome.

nicolep73
10/20/16

I have a lot of (upper body) clothes from Venus. This includes all season attire. I however at the height of 5 foot 2 inches cannot buy ANY of their pants, leggings, jumpsuits or even capris. I can wear SOME of their maxi dresses and skirts, but with heels. I swear it's as though the people who make these clothes assume all women are at least 5 foot 6 or taller. I do however absolutely love a lot of their shirts (definitely not all though), sweaters, cardigans and their boots. Boots however are a little too pricey so I have yet to buy any. The heels on the models always look amazing so I have bought a couple pairs. However, each pair that I have bought have unreasonably long heels that don't depict that in the pictures so I stopped buying the heels. Other shoes (not heels) I have bought are nice.

Additionally, SOME of their clothing is cheaply made while others have nice quality. It's a gamble to be honest.

I just recommend that they make sizes for shorter women too and I would buy a lot more of their stuff because the lower extremity clothing just does not fit me.

debral35
10/18/16

Ok! So I truly do like some of there there clothing... NOT ALL... Some! And I got this 25 $$ Off Email on a purchase of 50.00$$s or more. There was a Maxie Sweater I have been eyeing for a few weeks.. Well I thought GREAYT!!! Now I can get the 39.00$ sweater and another pair of jeans and save 25.00$$$.... NOOOOOO!!! That is not how it works. First you have to buy then they send you a "Gift Card" after the purchase!! SHAME ON YOU VENUS!!! NOT ONLY MISLEADING!!! I believe ILLEGAL!!!!

68 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question