Review of Venus

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sherric24
5/24/17

I ordered 6 items when I received order only 5 were in package and only 2 of those were correct. I sent back the 3 wrong items and a request for refund of those 3 items and refund for missing item. They refunded me the 3 items I'm still trying to get a refund for missing item. Company will not reply to my. Emails and I get nowhere over the phone. They have lost a longtime customer

laronicad
5/24/17

Why can your company not get orders right? I order something on line and sent me something totally different.. I did not order a tent, I ordered an outfit to my size(6). I have been a long time customer for 5 years, now they just lost this customer. This is not good business.......

terris52
5/20/17

I was always skeptical ordering online, however after my first order was placed I LOVED THE MATERIAL!! Shipping was done on a timely basis!! I place orders several times and will continue!! Very happy shopper.................

trishannahg
5/18/17

I placed an order for over $500 on May 10th. Payment was taken from my credit card from the site. I then received a voicemail stating that I needed to verify my billing details. ( I did so the following day May 11th). The 'representative' I spoke with told me -AFTER- I verified everything that the products would be shipped out the next business day (Monday 12th). It's now May 18th at 7pm. I went online to check my order....still nothing I have now been on hold for over 25 mins...finally someone took my call and she's had be on hold back and forth for another 20 mins. She later came back to tell me that there is no record of me calling and verifying my information. So just like that...everything I ordered and have been waiting for as I wanted these items for my bachelorette which is in less than 2 weeks. This goes far beyond HORRIBLE customer service...this is such a huge disappointment to me as I had already planned my outfits around what I had ordered. Had I known I'd be treated this way, I would never have ordered from them and done so elsewhere where I'm sure I'd have received better care and service and the most important- the products I ordered. I now have to go and try to find alternatives for my Bachelorette party.
I will absolutely tell everyone I know that even remotely trusts in this company NEVER to order from you and I will ensure I do so on all my social media accounts.

wendyh98
5/18/17

To make an extremely long story short, the only thing that Venus got right about my order was my Ship to address. The Customer Service Dept is NOT all on the same page & THEY LIE, the warehouse pullers are obviously illiterate, as well as the packers, I originally had NO qualms with the shippers until my "supposedly" UPS RED next day air turned into UPS 2Day, & the poor poor poor floor manager couldn't have been more apologetic, I hope she gets a NEW job

sparer
5/17/17

First I get 1 item in the mail and it wasn't even what I ordered. I sent an email and they told me they had to look into it in the tracing department because they said it shows that it was delivered, which wasn't the issue, I received a package, just not MINE. Then I talked to a live person in a chat and they told me one of my items was no longer available, I said send me the rest and when they find MY package, send me that last item and to send me everything with 1 day shipping. They send me an email saying that I had a package that was going to be shipped in one day (in the morning) it was just waiting UPS pickup and fast forward 8 hours later, it's STILL waiting for pick up. Then I get another email saying "sorry that you returned" an item that I WANTED and was in stock.
They never told me what to do about the item that I received...
Not only am I confused, but I think everyone over there is too!

kimw151
5/17/17

Love the service at Venus, Always received my items in a timely matter, love the prices, ya I'm waiting on a back order but they sent me a email right away saying my item was a back order & say they wont charge me until they ship my item. Wish they had more plus sizes. Other than that, great service!

leanner4
5/15/17

I have shopped online Venus for 9-10 years my closet is 50% Venus clothing. Some clothes are good quality and some I returned are horribly cheap. I love the syles and colours. For the past year i have been trying to unfreeze my account. They froze my account after there own mistake!! I had three seperate orders that never showed up and when i called them the customer service agent said she could not find the orders on her end and that she thought it was fraudulent and that i should refuse the charges for it on my credit card. So i took her advice and did just that! Then they froze my acount not letting me make orders. I talked to custer care again and she said she was emailing the finance department. This is the same response as last 3 times ive called to get this rectified. I have never recieved a call back or an apology for there mistake!!! In fact there representative said they have probably refused me as a client. Hu! 9-10 years of my Canadian money and expensive rate shipping down the drain as in not appreciated at all. So disapointed and pissed off. I love fashion and do love online shopping!! It really is there loss!! Very poor service.!! Uh hu !! and get this if i want to unfreeze my account Venus wants me to pay for the 3 orders that i never received and refused on my credit card by the advice of there customer representative. Go figure!! Get real eh!!!!

katd22
5/15/17

The fabric/material is thin and the quality of the clothes are cheap. They have cute styles, but once you receive the item, it will be noticeably different from what you ordered (colors will be off, fraying, etc.). I am in the process of returning a dress and noticed that they will deduct $6.95 from my refund for return shipping. I'm done with Venus. I came here because I can't even leave a review on their website for the item I'm returning. How Sway? SMH

brandyj10
5/15/17

I ordered four bikinis from Venus. Everything fit great and came in a timely matter except one of the bikini tops I needed to exchange for a different size. I placed my exchange order on April 4th with the promise it'd be in stock and shipped on April 28th. It never shipped. I went on an extended vacation (would have been nice to have my bikini for it) on May 2nd which is when I called to change my mailing address and was told it'd be shipped on May 6th. When that day came and went I called again and was told it would be shipped May 13th. When that day passed I called again and was told it'd now be June 22nd. I will NEVER order from this company again which is a shame because I really like their swimsuits. I asked if they could give me some sort of discount and the representative said no. On their website the exact bikini top is less than the price I paid so I asked to get that price and that was the least the representative could do. I am extremely disappointed as my vacation and summer will be over by the time (if and when) the bikini is shipped. With so many other retailers to buy from I will never shop with Venus again.

joand28
5/11/17

I ordered a dress from venus.com as it looks so fantastic from their webiste, however I feel so disappointed upon received the dress for its poor fabric, wrinkles and very thin, this dress is made in China. I contacted the customer service asked how could I leave a review of the dress, they said: you need to wait 3 - 4 weeks for us to send you an email and reply back with your review. Wow...3-4 weeks? No chance at all to write a review directly to their website. I am returning it, even they provided a free return label but I read the instructions that $6.95 will be deducted from the cost + shipping cost is also the responsibility of customer. Now I am hoping they will refund me the balance.

shannah7
5/10/17

The customer service is horrible! I put in a $450 order. They confirmed the order, but I hadn't received any shipment notices after a week. I contacted them and they said they were working on an issue with their credit department. Fast forward another week and I contact them through online chat. Now they don't want to ship to my work where all my packages ship to, they only want to ship to my home. I told them my home can't receive the items, and it's too much to leave outside for anyone to grab. At work, my receiving department can inspect packages and sign for them. No, they'd prefer to ship to my home and then disconnected the chat. Today I got back in to see what's going on with my order, since I haven't received any calls or emails. The response: "Unfortunately our credit department was not able to reach you on time to get the order shipped and cancelled the order due to non-response." They cancelled it for "non-response" but I have no emails, and no missed calls on my cel and my work number is answered from 6am-10pm. Apparently, the credit department attempted to reach me telepathically! Although you'd think this could be the most efficient way, if it doesn't work I'd assume "customer service" could try and use more conventional methods, right? Nope. No warning, no attempts, just cancelled it. Maybe I got off cheap on this one; I just saved myself $450. I will not be re-ordering; I don't see how it could be worth this aggravation. Good luck to you if you're brave enough to fight this hard for cheap clothes.
PS- They charge you for returns, so I've been told you should make sure you like gambling on ill-fitting cheap clothes prior to purchasing.

darlenei1
5/10/17

I have been a customer of Venus for a few years now. This is the worst customer service i have ever seen. I put in a order and received something totally different from what i ordered and then was told they didn't have my size. Then they lost my order and froze my account i will be sending everything back and closing my account

pennyw18
5/9/17

Purchased 2 swim suits under the free shipping. I returned them both and "I" paid for the return shipping. Now I get my refund and they charged me $4.95 because I sent them back!! So much for free shipping!!
Will NEVER order from them again!! Plus, their suits fit like crap!

rosah12
5/7/17

I've been shopping with venues for some time and the plus size clothes are not as cute as the smaller clothes which is unfair I have a nice body and don't wanna wear old lady clothes that really suck

shelbyl16
5/6/17

I ordered over $200 worth of clothing for a vacation from Venus and after 2 weeks of no updates I contacted customer service. They did end up refunding me for the purchase but I was really disappointed not to get the clothes! Definitely will not even try to purchase anything from them again.

lillieb29
5/5/17

I ordered a white sweat shirt 5 weeks ago, got email that it was shipped after 3 weeks I called to check on it was told it was at my post office, I called my post office it was not there. called again and was told they would ship me another one when I never received that one I called again, was told they would put tracer on it, finally got a message on my machine from a Kelsey telling me that the shirt I ordered was sold out but when I ordered it 5-weeks ago they had all sizes, I have told everyone I can about this company. hopefully people will read some these reviews and not order from this company

kellyp82
5/5/17

I came across a cute crotchet trim cami on the Venus an, after reviewing the size chart, ordered it. I couldn't wait to receive my new shirt! Yeah, I could have waited. I received an item that was marked "Medium", but appeared to be an Extra Large. So, I put the shirt back in the plastic it came in and sent it back the next day with the return label provided (as most companies provide).

Almost 2 weeks later, I received correspondence from Venus stating that they would not be giving me a full refund due to the shirt being used and a stain appearing on the inside sleeve (which could only mean either the shirt had a stain before leaving the Venus warehouse or they were providing a reason so a refund did not have to be issued).

When I called to find out why this was stated as the reason I was only getting a partial refund, customer support could only reiterate what was written in the notification email. Not only that, but then she told me that since I had used the return slip provided, I would be charged $6.95 because i used their return slip. See, there's very small font on the back of the return slip. It's very tiny, almost unreadable. Apparently, that little tiny font tells the customer that if they use that slip, they will be charged the shipping fee...which is actually more than if I had used USPS Priority Mail.

Finally, the rep told me that i wasn't actually even going to get the partial refund issued back to my card. No, I was getting store credit. I had to push the rep to issue a refund to the card I used to purchase the item since I had every intention of NEVER buying from this company again.

Trust me, ladies, you want to steer as far away from this company as you can!!

marisam12
5/3/17

I ordered a cotton sweater, wore it a couple of times, washed it on delicate and laid it flat to dry, once and three of the grommets came off and there were three large snags in the sweater. Called customer service, she said I'd get a refund. Turns out, I got a store credit...unacceptable. I spoke with a customer service supervisor and she said she spoke with two other supervisors and it was the customer's fault because I washed it! so they gave me a crappy store credit. I asked the Supervisor to confirm that she is not standing behind defective merchandise and blaming this on the customer and is refusing to give me a refund, and she said yes. Her name is Sheila....horrible products and even more horrible customer service.

nohemam
5/2/17

I have been order from Venus since 3 years ago I never have been dissappointed excelent quality and the sizes are perfect. The I tem I live the most is a black laced gown, used for my first cruise and Everybody was giving me compliments. Highly recommened

lisab347
5/2/17

I ordered a $75 swimsuit a month ago, still have not received it and if you go to the website it just says 'Shipped' that was a month ago!?? So for the first time ever I guess the mail lost my package... this happened before when I ordered from them never received the item! Venus sucks! Go to your local bathing suit store if you're trying to get a suit this way you know you will get it and you know it will fit!

julij15
4/28/17

There is a reason why Venus's 1-star reviews greatly outnumber any other reviews. They are absolutely HORRIBLE! I will never order from them again. I ordered 3 items which were available at the time of purchase. Apparently my credit card was declined for some reason by Venus but I had used the same card elsewhere. It is not my credit card that was the issue. It was Venus. They sent me 1 email that the CC was declined, but another email a few minutes later that it was processed. When I called to inquire a couple of days later, they seemed so confused so I gave them another credit card and it processed. I finally received my order but received only 1 out of the 3 items ordered. I called, they transferred me to some other department (apparently 'order status' was not the correct selection to inquire?), and my call got dropped. I started an online chat with rep Rachelle Baxter, she never responded on the chat and kept typing 'Are you there?' No response. I started a new chat who a more adept rep. However, she indicated that there was only 1 item that was ordered even though I had email proof and a printout that I had ordered 3 items. Customer service deserves ZERO stars. Service deserves ZERO stars. Do yourself a favor and buy from somewhere else. I know their products look beautiful and unique, but it'll so you a lot of pain and heartbreak if you buy elsewhere.

kristim28
4/28/17

First time order with Venus. The bottoms of the suit I ordered were on back order so I had to wait about a month. When it finally arrived, they had sent 2 bikini tops. I ordered the bright purple and they sent some ugly magenta color. The label on the bag with the wrong style top said bikini shorts. After waiting all this time, I'm sending it back. I probably won't get my refund for another month. Never again.

eileens30
4/28/17

I'll admit it's a mixed bag and I do send back about 1/3 of the stuff. But I have an hourglass figure and the clothes I do keep compliment my figure perfectly, more than anything else out there. Reasonable pricing, you do have to pay for returns. Have not had problems with reimbursements so far.

cherrettab
4/27/17

I just received these nasty ass .50$ looking cheap ass clothing and sandles that have cow bells ringing sounds when I tried on..smh.lol.lol.I'm soo mad right now I have to laugh..lol . I've gotten cuter clothing that fits better from the Family Dollar store than this lying unethical discussing company called Venus.com.

I received the other day and ship back the next day. What really gets me is that the free paid shipping label is not FREE. They deduct out of Refund WTF and you'll never get my business no more. I filed a claim through my bank I'm getting all of my monies back. They're not a ligit no morals bad customer service Co..

90 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
mistyn3
Misty N.
on 7/15/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other customers.

21 Photos for Venus