Review of Venus

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

angelac114
3/28/17

I just got up from from phone with Venus. I bought 2 bathing suit. One of them, was too big on my body. I call for exchange size and they want to charge me shopping when I already payed for shipping. And they would charge me shipping again. I would never buy any clothing there. Be careful.

jenniferw208
3/26/17

They have the rudest most indignant people handling their customer service. Nothing from their clothing lines is worth dealing with their company. You can find cuter, better quality merchandise from companies who are much easier and kinder to work with than them.

cf45
3/25/17

I ordered a Lace detailed knot top item #z44019 very bad quality and it looked very cheap material! I could wear it at all!

km163
3/24/17

I bought a white bikini and cover up from this company. They didn't deliver when they said they would and sent the wrong color. It arrived too late for my vacation but since it wasn't what I ordered I didn't wear it. The sizing is completely off. The 32b top is too big and the xs bottom too small. Do not buy from this store because the quality also sucks. It looks like made in China stuff that was purchased at the 99ct store. Never again

lenithah
3/23/17

The clothes are a bit expensive for the cheap quality you receive....I will never order from them again..

ninak22
3/20/17

I swear, this is my first review ever, this company is nothing but a scam. I bought a dress for 49 dollars and shipping was 8 dollars, I received this dress and it looked like it was made in china. It is very cheap and looked horrible.... didn't look anything like the picture I saw on the model......pls pls pls don't waste your time on this company...... their dresses are not the same as on the model.... it's a cheap remake!!!!

laurely1
3/19/17

Ordered about 3 Venus swimsuits about 3 years ago. All fit very well using their sizing chart, and I was very satisfied. BUT something has changed. After completing reconstructiive breast surgery for breast cancer, I now have a really nice looking size "C" chest. So I ordered new tops to go with my exisiting bottoms. Using the sizing chart, the tops were huge. Very poor fit. So I reordered a smaller size. Still, cups gape at the outsides, and the triangle top will not conform and lie nicely underneath the breast no matter how tight you tie the ties. Really dissapointing. Something has changed in manufacturing. I will be returning all tops.

cassandrah13
3/15/17

I ordered about 6 different swim suits and 1 maxi skirt from Venus for an upcoming vacation. Here are the pros and cons of my experience in purchasing from Venus.

Pros:
- fast shipping: I ordered with 2-day shipping and received the full order promptly within the 2 business days.
- good customer service: the 24-hour chat feature on the site is very convenient and the employees are helpful.
- cute swim styles: I have not had luck finding cute, trendy (and still affordable) swim suits anywhere else since Victoria's Secret stopped carrying swimwear.
- Triangle push up top: Best fitting top! I ended up buying 3 more! Definitely enhances and gives you a nice lift!

Cons
- not the highest quality material: some of the swim suits feel a bit cheap, especially the bottoms. They aren't as "heavy duty" and well-made as VS swimsuits but they'll do. The skirt I ordered was about $24 on sale and was originally 30 or 40 but definitely NOT worth that amount of money. I wouldn't even say it was worth 24, but it was cute and I didn't want to pay 6.95 to ship back, so I kept it.
- return shipping: return shipping is $6.95, but the label is included in the package which prevents the hassle of printing one off or going to the post office.
- cup sizing is sometimes a bit off: I'm a bra size 32-34 C so I ordered all C-cup swim suits. Most of them fit me, but one of the strappy ones (Vixen Bikini Top) was huge on me and fit awkwardly.
- price: These swim suits are overpriced for the quality of the material and the way they're made, but like I said, they are the best looking and fitting swim suits I've found since VS stopped carrying swim.

gigiv1
3/15/17

Venus has always down right by me. I only started ordering from their catalog last year. I tend to order about $1000 worth of clothes and swimsuits so I don't have to keep going back and forth on sizes and style. Conclusion? Their swimsuits are the winner here! The rest is hit and miss as a few of the items are of no better quality than Forever 21. That's why I order in bulk.

And considering their liberal 90 day return policy, in which I have never had an issue receiving a refund, you can be confident if you decide to order in bulk, too.

FYI, I am 5'4, 138 lbs, give or take 5 lbs, and a DD on top. Size Small usually fits perfectly. I believe Venus takes into consideration many of their customers tend to be large up top.

sr410
3/15/17

Do not order from this company if you are from Canada. I placed an order over a month in advance as I am going on vacation in Cuba. After initial order, I received a notice from Landmark Global to pay for taxes and duty. I ignored it, as I have no idea who they are, and I assumed that I would pay taxes and duties COD. After 5 business days, I should have received product, as they guarantee. Still nothing so I thought I had better check with Landmark Global about making a payment, but the notice indicated product has already been shipped. So I waited. after 10 days still nothing. I contacted Venus who informed me it would take 21 days. Still waited. Now at 21 days still nothing. I contacted VENUS again and they tell me it is stuck at the border, and I can request a refund. Which I did. What a waste of MY time. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY....I should have listened to all the bad reviews I read! Now, we will see if I recieve a full refund.

tinaw80
3/15/17

I bought the first one in my size and it was way to small. I ended up giving it to my niece. I really like the look of the suit so I ordered another in a larger size. The suit still was to small. Needless to say I will not be buying anything again from this store and will be closing my account.

leilanio
3/14/17

I should have known when I had issues right after placing my order. I had a code and emailed customer service and their reply was a terse "it isn't valid anymore" comment and failure to acknowledge my purchase or appreciation as a customer. Fast forward to finally getting my order and needing to send almost all of it back due to quality/sizing issues... I used the convenience tag provided understanding I would lose $6.95. Then I get an email that they added additional fees to my "refund" and I am getting even less. I do not want to give this company my business nor would I recommend them in good faith. They do not care about the customer ... only their bottom line.

laural151
3/14/17

The clothes are cute. They are not of the highest quality, but hey, this is fast fashion. The reason I cannot order from them is the vanity sizing they use. They call it "contemporary sizing." Large women can order a medium, and medium-sized women can order a small. That makes everyone feel better, right? No. The extra small women like me cannot order anything because the smallest possible size is still way too big. I had to return or give away everything I have ordered from them, and I won't try again.

dianah61
3/14/17

I do not usually shop online unless is trust the company and for some reason I did with this Venus as I saw they had cute dresses for vacation. To make long story short, I ordered two dresses first and second time just two tops and they were OK I noticed that material is not as stated on their website but I let it go. Third time, HORRIBLE the dresses werenade of the cheap if not the cheapest materials, the labelling coming off, ripped on sides and the sandals were not even close as stated. I'm returning it all as in my opinion this is a huge scam they copy and make it or whatever they do but I must say it's expensive to pay even 10 $ for a top made of such a cheap material. NOPE. Trust me people Save yourselves headache and do not order anything! I took pic and I can post which I will even on fb and insta. This isn't fair!

rositam1
3/14/17

I am a regular customer and really: I am 100% satisfied! Thi sis one of the most legitimate clothes companies and I am happy with every purchase I've made. Customer service is always helpful and professional. Don't really listen to the bad reviews. I have no idea which company they are talking baout but it seems like it was not Venus.

danad45
3/13/17

I purchased a $59 dress with $9.95 shipping, which came out to $90 once my bank converted it to Canadian currency and it took 4-5 weeks to ship. Would be nice if on their website the prices were marked US $ but I know its in the fine print.

I ordered an XS bandage dress, colour blue and the material is soft and stretchy for a tight dress. Fit is weird though: I am 5 ft 4 at 116 lbs and it fit great everywhere except the shoulders and arms of the dress were large and out of proportion to the rest of the dress. I wont return it considering how awful the return reviews are.

Tip for consumers: Follow their size guide and measure yourself! Their sizes run larger and are possibly made for more curvier shapes than other retailers, so dont order a size based on what you think you are.

angelw26
3/11/17

I was so excited to get my order for my vacation coming up. Much like other reviews Ive read after I got my order (unfortunately it was after!) the clothes were cheaply made copies of the clothes the models were wearing. Im sending all of it back and will never order from them again! Too bad because the clothes in the pictures are so cute...I feel like Ive been "had" and now will lose money sending it all back!

km159
3/10/17

It's a shame. I loved buying clothes from Venus. LOTS of clothes. However, as of lately, the company has gone downhill. Within 6 months, dresses that I have ordered have been discontinued before they ship to me. This is becoming a trend with this company. I called customer service to see what was going on and the rep told me that not all of the clothing items are actually available. They put clothes on the website to gauge how well the item will sell, but they don't actually have that item in stock. Therefore, you pay for it and about a week later you'll get an email stating that the item (or multiple items in my case) are discontinued. Very strange, unreliable, and annoying. Sorry Venus! You lost a customer. A good one, too.

julies162
3/9/17

I would give them a 5 but tops need to be hand washed and do well if they are hand washed. Clothes fit as described. A little pricey, just wait for the sales. I would recommend Venus for great fashions.
Pictures on here are all from Venus and over a year old, still wears well.

Tip for consumers: Be honest

alexs410
3/8/17

Okay So I just received my order from VENUS AND what I received looks NOTHING like the photo on their site. It looks like a cheap remake of what the model is wearing.....these clothes are made in the USA and it looks like China made them, such poor material is used, very thin, wrinkly, cheap and they have the audacity to charge 39$ for a top!! It IS NOT WORTH IT. And there live chat people SUCK, they keep telling me they don't do copies or remakes of clothes but if you saw what I received and compared it to the website it is not the same shirt!!! And I am a small and I am sure it isn't a size issue because the models are most likely also wearing a small, so disappointed, don't waste your time, I'm returning basically everything.....huge waste of time.....they try to be like VS....but their quality and customer service SUCKS. Also their live chat people gave me an email to email that is NEVER checked, really really really big waste of time with this company, save YOURSELF the HASSLE!!!!! TRUST ME I WISH I DID!

tiffanyr27
3/7/17

Checked "shipping time" based on their website which said expedite orders placed before 5pm would be shipped same day. Placed order Saturday, it's now Tuesday and order still hasn't shipped. Contacted through chat and asked for my order to leave today, lady said she cant guarantee it. Why does your website say that then? So I requested my next day air charges to be refunded which she did with no problem, which is great. I call to find out why I still don't have tracking only to be told that my shipping fee reimbursement "changed" my order which restarted the entire process. You have to be kidding me. Never ordering from this crap customer service place again.

shellyk16
3/3/17

I returned my whole order of 200$ plus dollars in 1 return! I was charged 3 shipping fees to return the skimpy, cheap clothes. I was told because I received the items for free shipping I had to be charged the shipping which totaled 12.95+6.95+4.95= 25.00 total that I paid for absolutely nothing. A horrible way to do business, I would highly recommend not ordering from this company, a total rip off!! Totally disappointed!!!!!

robynw20
3/3/17

I have never been able to order clothes online, till NOW. They are fabulous!! People stop me wherever I go and I love the fit, the clothes wash well and they last.Customer service is amazing!!
Thank you for being here!!

violab3
3/3/17

I read a lot of bad reviews and hesitated before ordering. However, my sister got the most beautiful dress from them for my birthday and I absolutely loved it. I decided to place my own order and everything came very quickly. It looks exactly like the picture and fits perfectly. I ordered couple of dresses, a skirt and a bathing suit and all worked out well. The only thing I was not to pleased about is that you have to pay custom fees for every item. What seems like a cheap deal, after calculating the dollar exchange and custom fees, its not so cheap anymore.

michelec49
3/2/17

I purchased a tankini swimsuit top for $65.95. I sent it back because I didn't like how it fit. I only received $49.05 back. So now I am out $16.90!!! What a rip off!! Will never buy anything there again!

88 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question