Review of Venus

Jacksonville, FL 32224
Tel: 1-888-782-2224

tinal95
7/27/17

BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS! I PURCHASED A COUPLE OF ITEMS FROM THEM AND THEY TRIED TO CONDUCT FRAUDULANT ACTIVITY ON MY DEBIT CARD, ALL FRADUALANT TRANSACTIONS WERE TRACED TO JACKSONVILLE, FL, THIER PHYSICAL LOCATION. MY BANK IS RUNNING AN INVESTIGATION AND I PLAN ON SUBMITTING A CLAIM AGAINST THEM ON BBB WEBSITE.

rebkar
7/27/17

When you return clothing in perfect condition to other stores, you pay only a shipping fee. Venus also charges a processing fee.

sonyah12
7/26/17

DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS BOOTLEG COMPANY, STICK WITH THE MAJOR DEPARTMENT STORES TO ENSURE YOU WILL RECEIVE QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY MERCHANDISE.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

soniab32
7/25/17

Venus were once good but are now totally hopeless. Not sure what has changed in the last 12 months but now any orders I place either never arrive or end up arriving months later at a local courier and not at the post office.
I have sent back orders and they don't credit my account properly and when I send an email to query they say they have no record of the order.
Don't go there, this site has gone down hill at a rapid rate. Never again!!

chk1
7/23/17

I have tried many online shopping sites and this is the only one that delivers as advertised. So far I have ordered about 10 times from this site and never had a problem. I am tall, so I have to admit that I have only ordered shirts and sweatshirts/sweaters and have stayed away from pants. I prefer to try on pants due to my height. Just make sure to really enlarge the picture, look at the material, and use the size chart just make sure to really enlarge the picture, look at the material, and use the size chart. I am really happy I found an honest online store

brittanym68
7/22/17

Ordered two bathing suit tops, one bottom, and a romper. Came before the expected shipping date! Everything fit wonderfully. I personally did not like one top once it was on my body but that was my own opinion, the top itself was beautiful. I will be returning it. Venus made it super easy by placing directions and a slip to send back. I will order again! I do wish they had cheeky bathing suit bottoms seeing as they only have moderate coverage.

laurier33
7/20/17

I ordered 2 separate items and the one thing they shipped was not what I ordered. They've yet ( going on 3 weeks) to send my correct order. I strongly do not recommend them !!

efrosinp
7/16/17

Customer service is horrible!
I got a birthday gift from a friend , size did not fit well .I send the items back for an exchange ( with return and exchange note) and talk to representative twice ( I waist ed a lot of time on the phone )before I made the return. A moth later still I did not get my items...when I call they said they just refund money to credit card that made the purchase ...with out calling me or anything! Reason ....they say maybe they did not have the item available! Horrible experience . Friend that send me gift knew brand throuhg me ..I will never recommend or buy from this brand again!

psulm
7/15/17

That is, cheap-looking apparel, which makes the wearer look cheap.

Poor quality - and it shows. The cheapness is apparent from the time you open see the delivered package, which was, in my case, a plastic UPS envelope with three dresses inside, all three folded up in individual clear plastic bags. I've had Asian knockoff toys for my son wrapped and labeled more professionally....

jacquelynj4
7/15/17

Buyers beware***If you are purchasing from TBDress or Venus etc.. The Pay Pal site is fraudulent..They go directly to your bank account if you give them your debit card info. I ordered a dress and they charged me a different price than advertised. I contacted PayPal and they said they showed no transactions on my account. I read them the email and they said it didn't come from them and to watch out for scammers. However I cancelled my cArd and the bank is going to refund my money...

mal1531
7/15/17

When ordering on the VENUS website, they mention that it is FREE SHIPPING when you order over $100. That's what I did. However, to get my package at the post office I had to pay an extra $60.44 in customs fee as VENUS ships from BELGIUM!!! I ended up having to return half of my order as the sizes were just too big after having waited for a whole month. I will not be ordering from VENUS again.

elenal16
7/14/17

They have a good variety of dresses and shoes. I used to buy from them. The prices are very affordable too. You can find everything in one store. I recommend this website. It worked for me.

sarahm329
7/14/17

The bathing suit tops are not true to size. I returned the item but of course they have never received my returned after a month. Customer service is less than to be desired.

frankic1
7/10/17

I love the beautiful clothing Venus offers and in the past I've been mostly satisfied...until recently. Most of the clothing is made in China and I feel it is similar to all the hokey sites like DressLilly, RoseGal, etc which are located in China and sell things of very lousy quality. I am not prejudice by any means but being in the apparel business I know for a fact Venus is purchasing from them at a maybe 1/4 of what It costs its consumers "and fans".
I'm so bummed and disappointed. I'll be purchasing much more carefully from now on.

lauriek26
7/10/17

I'm very surprised by all the negative reviews. Okay... everybody knows that these are a little overpriced. But I have received tons of compliments on these clothes because the styles are always different/original. Most of their clothes are made for 20 year olds with flat stomachs. I'm 44 and curvy and I'm able to wear their mediums comfortably. If you're looking for high-quality- last forever- clothes, these are not for you. You have to hand wash them cold and hang to dry. I've been buying their bathing suits for the past 10 years and have always loved them, and since I rinse them in cold water with their mild soap every single time I wear them I can get two or three seasons out of them. They have the over- the- shoulder- straps that are hard to find. I always go to RetailMeNot and get a coupon for free shipping. Furthermore, if I have a return, I simply call customer service and ask for a return code to put on the package so that I do not have to pay return shipping. Use your brain people! Finally, I must have called them over 20 times in the past 10 years. They are always extremely extremely courteous and helpful. Yes, I've been screwed a couple times and had to pay return shipping fees. That's why you really should know what size to order. I'm 5' 5", 155 lb and D cups and I always order a medium in their shirts and eight in their pants. I order size D cup even though they say to order up, and I order a 10 in the Bikini Bottoms.

beckys65
7/8/17

Venus is horrible all the way around. I ordered a bikini in January and the top was too big. I tried to exchange it for a smaller one. I checked my account and it said it shipped. After waiting 2 weeks, I contacted them and they said that they had run out of that size and would refund my account. It took quite awhile to have them credit my account.
I also wanted to return the bottoms, since I didn't have a matching top. I chatted online and they said they would mail a return label within 7 business days. This has been 2 months ago and still no return label.
I decided to give them another chance, this week I placed and order and had the order shipped in 2 business days. It arrived, but had no return label. I kept a few things, but I need to return quite a few things. None of it fit well, most of the things I purchased feel cheap and not at all how they are described. There shoes also are true size, they are way smaller.
I contacted customer support for a return label and they said it would be 7 business days. I explained what happened before and they didn't seem to care. They just said the shipping label will be sent out in 7 days.
Other retailers allow you to print out a return label and make it very easy to return items.
I will be making copies of my return stubs and will watch this like a hawk.
It's super obvious that Venus doesn't care about their customers and only want your money. They don't care if you like the product and are satisfied.
Needless to say, I will never purchase another item from Venus again!!!

jesicap4
7/8/17

I bought a bikini and my boobs come out of the front. I wanted to write a review but was told it would come in the email 3 weeks after purchase. Well, it has been a month. I would not recommend this seller.

sg102
7/7/17

Got a Venus Credit Card what a mistake. Ordered placed on my account and charged to my credit card. When I discovered this called to be placed on hold and disconnected. Hours and months spent trying to resolve issue. If someone ordered product where did it get delivered give me proof it was delivered to my home. Never received an answer or proof. Ended up paying the bill so not to ruin my credit and get the credit from the bank that holds the credit card try to use and Venus tells me I owe them money. Try to reach them to discuss bank that holds the card gave me the credit still today no resolution on Venus's part. Horrible company but they sell nice bathing suits would not recommend dealing with them. You can get nice swim wear anywhere.

delfinas2
7/6/17

I did shop with Venus a couple of time, impress by the fashion clothing they have and thought the price is worth it. But when you get the clothes most of it is cheap fabric and the price is exaggerated. Most be China made from those online sites with Venus stickers. Very dissapointed to pay to much to get less for your money.

paulinea8
7/5/17

Got a shirt for a gift and exchanged it since it was too small (paid shipping for the return) and used the shipping ship. Never received the new shirt instead they credit back the credit card that does not exist. No e-mail stating the other item was not available, only way I knew is that the person that gave me the gift said they received an e-mail that the credit was made, when I called, they were not help said they were not able to help me since it was processed already. Why did I go through the proper channels to exchange it it that channel does not exist. Stay away, especially if you are given it for a gift!

pattiw20
7/3/17

Because I ordered a suit using a $15 reward that Venus gave me and then returned the suit,I have to pay them $15 plus shipping. They said they issued me a credit but I have to buy more merchandise to get. So basically I paid $21.95 for a suit I don't have. Ripoff

taral40
7/1/17

Order a maxi skirt when I received it apparently it had been worn there was a stain on it. So called customers service sent me another one and returned the stain one. Two weeks later they sent me a third one that I did not order and charged my account. Very up set at this point. The quality of the clothes is horrible way over priced . The shirt I bought was great tell I washed it like it said on the tag it srunk. So I'm sticking to the old fashion way of shopping go to the mall.

rachelw105
6/30/17

I ordered two items from Venus, I live in Canada, the website assured me the delivery would take 7 business days. I failed to pay the duties in advance, and all of a sudden my package is going to be 21 business days. There was zero warning of this on the website, otherwise I'd have never ordered from them. I have paid the duties on other parcels upon arrival before without any delay to the delivery service. It has now been more than 21 business days and on three occasions I have spoken with different abrupt, rude members of staff on the live chat who have essentially accused me for the delay and kept saying different due dates - each time extending it and making out like I was an idiot for not calculating it correctly. When I requested a refund for the terrible postal service that has become somewhat of an inconvenience (I don't even want the clothes at this stage) they refused and said I could just reject the parcel when it arrives - i.e. minimum hassle for them, all the hassle for me. The way I was spoken to by the staff of Venus, and this absolutely absurd delivery situation has made my decision never to shop with them again, and I strongly advise anyone else to save themselves the hassle as well.

deanaj3
6/29/17

Okay- I ordered over $100 worth of bathing suits for vacation (about 4 weeks in advance).

Issue # 1: They charged my credit card twice (claimed it was their banks fault).

Issue # 2: NEVER received my order! Said the package was delivered and it wasn't.

Issue # 3: Said they would overnight me a new order. THAT ORDER WAS NEVER RECEIVED EITHER!!!!

ISSUE # 4: When I requested a refund because I was leave for vacation the following day and STILL haven't received the original or the replacement order... they stated it needed to go through an investigation to be refunded. So basically i spent $100 on a headache.

Overall, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.

sarahl232
6/27/17

Was charged for a shipping charge when charge is included with total amount. Customer service did not try to work with me. I'm an A1 paying customer. Only owed $6.95 but it was the principle of the thing. Will not be ordering from them anymore.

Helpful answer

I don't know how much more evidence do you need. It's clear from the reviews and the products that we have purchased that this company sells inferior products and they have a restrictive return policy.

By jon g. on 4/12/16

I believe they're $5...but if you order from their site they'll send them free

By Melissa B. on 7/24/15
Helpful answer

The quality of these closes are horrible! I bought a sweatshirt and the large pocket on the front was down on crooked and the seams on both sides were very uneven. The $70 boots I bought were awful. They both said 7 1/2 but 1 didn't fit at all and they both had holes in the shoes.

By Crystal H. on 1/1/16
Helpful answer

I would not waste money on this website not only the sizes are off the quality is horrible! Joyce leslie has better quality!

By Jonada R. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

I would go with the medium. I found they run a lil big.

By Lisa m. on 11/4/15
Helpful answer

Complete junk dont waste your money!!

By Jonada R. on 8/12/15
Helpful answer

THESE DRESSES RUN VERY LONG!! THE MODELS TEND TO BE 5 FT 9 IN..OR TALLER! I AM 5 FEET 4 INCHES SO I DO NOT ORDER ANY MAXI DRESSES...LOOK/CHECK TO SEE IF THERE ARE PETITE OPTIONS FOR THESE DRESSES..GOOD LUCK!

By JUDY S. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

I think some of their styles are knock-offs of Cache. Unfortunately, Cache is closing shop....which really bums me out!

By Cindy M. on 5/2/15
Helpful answer

True to size.... A perfect fit!

By Pamela R. on 2/20/16
Helpful answer

look at the size chart, it tells exactly. measure yourself. i have a size 8 hips and size 14 waist...aaaagh, but a size 12 fit tight. the materials are nice and the stuff is good quality, 95% of the time. sometimes photos lie, but usually not.

By carmen v. on 2/20/13
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other customers.

21 Photos for Venus