Review of Venus

Jacksonville, FL 32224
Tel: 1-888-782-2224

biancae4
9/13/17

"I absolutely do recommend them" I have ordered a total of seven times and 15 dresses .My packages have always been delivered before or on time. the dresses fit me Perfect . If I could say one thing about the dresses they are so comfortable ....

sr501
9/12/17

I've made 6 separate purchases from them in a course of 3 years, and I've never experienced a problem. The size chart is always spot on, they have an excellent selection to choose from, and the quality of the clothes has exceeded my expectations. This is my all-time favorite place to buy clothes online.
People have mentioned the shipping costs, and I'm a little bit confused? Shipping usually costs a lot... That's the deal with ordering almost anything.. But it's not hard to qualify for the free shipping, because these are high quality clothes and therefore a little pricey-- but worth the cost.

I have no experience dealing with their customer service, however, so I can't give any feedback about that.

shuriel
9/8/17

I bought 8 items from this site. I got a belly chain, pajama set, 2 bikini coverups, and 2 bikinis. I did actually really enjoy one of the bikinis, the pajama set, and one of the cover ups... but there is just way too many bad things to say about this site to really be happy about my purchase. First of all my belly chain broke just from casually moving it around to look at it. The other bikini looked nothing like pictured, it was awful. And they gave me a completely wrong item! I ordered a pink wrap dress and they gave me a blue paisley patterned slip dress! After paying over $100 just in taxes and duties to Canada, there is no way im going to even try to exchange or refund a single thing. So upset after spending so much on the items and to get it here. I will never buy from this site again.

lindsayn12
9/6/17

Bathing suit sizes are way off and you get charged $7 to send it back. Customer service is a joke and can't speak English or understand you. Save yourself the time and money and not order from here

lorenav4
8/27/17

Before you buy in this company make sure read the return policy they charge you like $12 for any return and take a little longer I have a bad experience I am not going to by nothing again

fionas21
8/25/17

I just got off the phone and could not get through the rep. They use vague terms to add on charges and fees when you return items. NOT worth the hassle since the merchandise are ok to good.
I got charged shipping coming to me and going out, and for the returned items again. BAD customer service, do NOT buy.

pennyr21
8/22/17

I have ordered several items from Venus they are not true to size I wear a size 10 in jeans I now have a size 8 and they are still fat jeans

dawnh93
8/22/17

This place is a scam, they make money off shipping charges. They shipped me the completely wrong merchandise, I returned it using their shipping lable, and they charged me the shipping fee! I argued with Trina for 10 minutes that the error was THEIRS! Had to threaten to get my bank involved, and now she says the refund will appear in 5 days. We'll see.

dyanneg
8/21/17

I ordered several swimwear items before vacation. One of the bathing suit bottoms changed colors after being in a non chlorinated pool once and the top didn't change the same color. That was an $79 waste of money. I returned 1 coverup because it was hugely off size (maybe 4 sizes off). I returned another coverup because it looked like someone made it in "Sewing 101 in junior high" AND the fabric was poor quality and wrinkled really bad. The $6.95+4.95+... return fees sealed the deal for me on this company. I will unsubscribe to email list and any thoughts of ordering from the again.

connied45
8/18/17

I bought a dress didn't like it and since I live in Jacksonville I decided to drop it off rather than pay the $6.95 fee. 1st call I was told it takes up to 5 business days for refund now today I'm being told it takes 7 business days for refund. I told the rep, I will wait until Tuesday but if I don't see it I will be going back to their office. I know of no other company these days that takes this long to refund your money.
I have not ordered from them in years an this will be the last order....EVER!
It's a disservice to the customer!!

joneln
8/12/17

I'm surprised of all the negative reviews, I've been ordering from venus for about 3 years now and have never had a problem with the pictured item as-is, the size or returns. I receive compliments from all the items I've purchased.

heidic27
8/10/17

Backstory, I was on my way to Philly for a long waited vacation. I haven't been on vaca for over 10 years. I ordered 3 dresses and applied the free shipping over $100. Paid the extra for two day delivery, hoping it would arrive on time. I even had a back up plan for one extra day. I received an email- stating they were processing my order. After not receiving on Day 3, I called only to find out my order hadn't gone out.... they had a question and I they were waiting on my reply. $#*!! There goes my fabulous evening out.

tv38
8/4/17

I've had my Venus credit card for almost a year, just recently they started to charge me a late fee EVERY MONTH. I wrote and mailed my check on July 13th... due date was July 18th. That's 5 days to go from Pensacola Florida to San Antonio TX.... WHEN WAS 5 DAYS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO MAIL A CHECK???? i called customer service and they were unwilling to help me said I needed to change my due date time, how ridiculous is that? So I closed my account!!! I'm going to get in touch with the BBB and anywhere else i can get this info out

sophiam45
8/3/17

I return 3 orders in the same package and venus refund me just one. The customer service told me wait 14 days but when you treat the package, you treat the whole package. Doesn't make sense and venus turn in circle and doesn't want to refund me. I send 5 emails and nobody want to do his job. I asked to my bank the refund, I think its more easy. Don't buy something because the customer service is horrible and the clothes are very expensive because its bad quality. Venus is just big thief.

natliar
8/3/17

I am agree with all reviews. The clothes are so cheap looking!. Nice in the pictures but totally different in the reality. I returned a blouse that cost me $29.99 and my refund was $15. really? they apply all kind of fees, they only tell you about the return label fee but they charged me with shipping again and $3 for something so my advice is "keep the ugly clothing" if you don't want to loose your money. Very disappointed with this place!

zeidaj
8/2/17

The Only items I have been satisfied with are their bathing suit tops. Their dresses are extremely cheaply crafted. I live in NY and these are the dresses you would find in street vendor kiosks or Chinatown . Over priced, ill fitting and horrible material blends. The sizes are not accurate. Return policy ridiculous ( they charge 7 dollar for return labels ) and the dresses on the models are def. adjusted and are NOT what you will get. I have tried multiple,times and have been disappointed every time Shame on me!!!!! Don't be me and just stay away from their clothing.

amyk116
8/1/17

First of all their sizes are messed up. All the shirts I have ordered run super small so u usually have to order ex large and I normally wear a medium.well I ordered an ex large tank top and when I got it the thing was way to big so I sent it back. my card was charged 15.94 but i only got credited 4.04. Guess I should have read their return policy cuz they charged me 6.95 to return it with the ups label and I dont get the shipping I was charge back when I made purchase. Not buying from them again.

saras195
7/31/17

the clothes are just nice in the pictures but when you receive it you get disappointed just wasting money for shipping back and returning

juliea126
7/30/17

Items I have ordered have not been equal to what was advertised, very flimsy for the materials used. Also, the site showed one of my items back ordered, when I phoned to find out how long, I was told the item was out of stock and my order had been cancelled. Low and behold, they had it back on the site as available at full price a short time later. Not cool. So, no, for the price, the quality does not match and cancelling an order on a sale item then making it available at full price a very short time later is shady at best. Never again.

tinal95
7/27/17

BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS! I PURCHASED A COUPLE OF ITEMS FROM THEM AND THEY TRIED TO CONDUCT FRAUDULANT ACTIVITY ON MY DEBIT CARD, ALL FRADUALANT TRANSACTIONS WERE TRACED TO JACKSONVILLE, FL, THIER PHYSICAL LOCATION. MY BANK IS RUNNING AN INVESTIGATION AND I PLAN ON SUBMITTING A CLAIM AGAINST THEM ON BBB WEBSITE.

rebkar
7/27/17

When you return clothing in perfect condition to other stores, you pay only a shipping fee. Venus also charges a processing fee.

sonyah12
7/26/17

DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS BOOTLEG COMPANY, STICK WITH THE MAJOR DEPARTMENT STORES TO ENSURE YOU WILL RECEIVE QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY MERCHANDISE.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

soniab32
7/25/17

Venus were once good but are now totally hopeless. Not sure what has changed in the last 12 months but now any orders I place either never arrive or end up arriving months later at a local courier and not at the post office.
I have sent back orders and they don't credit my account properly and when I send an email to query they say they have no record of the order.
Don't go there, this site has gone down hill at a rapid rate. Never again!!

chk1
7/23/17

I have tried many online shopping sites and this is the only one that delivers as advertised. So far I have ordered about 10 times from this site and never had a problem. I am tall, so I have to admit that I have only ordered shirts and sweatshirts/sweaters and have stayed away from pants. I prefer to try on pants due to my height. Just make sure to really enlarge the picture, look at the material, and use the size chart just make sure to really enlarge the picture, look at the material, and use the size chart. I am really happy I found an honest online store

brittanym68
7/22/17

Ordered two bathing suit tops, one bottom, and a romper. Came before the expected shipping date! Everything fit wonderfully. I personally did not like one top once it was on my body but that was my own opinion, the top itself was beautiful. I will be returning it. Venus made it super easy by placing directions and a slip to send back. I will order again! I do wish they had cheeky bathing suit bottoms seeing as they only have moderate coverage.

Helpful answer

I've been buying from Venus FOR YEARS(!) so I was so surprised at all the bad reviews. Yes, occasionally I've been unhappy with a purchase BUT it's rare; and yes, there was a couple of items that I found "cheap-looking" (but I'm super-careful to read the material description prior to purchase - sometimes you can just tell). Their sizing surprises me though... I'm usually a large in regular & a XL in juniors BUT I always wear a Medium in Venus clothing (5'1", 115 lbs, 36D) - I'm thinking that they cater to the "busty"?? (Or maybe the clothes ARE made in China?) Who knows...don't care...their clothes are different from anywhere else & I always get compliments - especially from my husband!! However, after 15 + yrs as a customer, I must admit I was unaware they offered free returns (good to know :), but happy I've only returned 2 or 3 items & didn't have any issues - re-packed (w/in 30 days), dropped at PO & rec'd credit on my CC. My ONLY complaint with Venus is the prices; the trick is to wait for a sale (and PS, there prices change every 24-72 hours - NOT kidding!!!) Everyone has an opinion... if YOU like their clothes, give them a try & form your own - you may just be missing out on fashions that'll look great on you!!

By Dee C. on 4/12/16

I believe they're $5...but if you order from their site they'll send them free

By Melissa B. on 7/24/15
Helpful answer

The quality of these closes are horrible! I bought a sweatshirt and the large pocket on the front was down on crooked and the seams on both sides were very uneven. The $70 boots I bought were awful. They both said 7 1/2 but 1 didn't fit at all and they both had holes in the shoes.

By Crystal H. on 1/1/16
Helpful answer

I would not waste money on this website not only the sizes are off the quality is horrible! Joyce leslie has better quality!

By Jonada R. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

I would go with the medium. I found they run a lil big.

By Lisa m. on 11/4/15
Helpful answer

Complete junk dont waste your money!!

By Jonada R. on 8/12/15
Helpful answer

THESE DRESSES RUN VERY LONG!! THE MODELS TEND TO BE 5 FT 9 IN..OR TALLER! I AM 5 FEET 4 INCHES SO I DO NOT ORDER ANY MAXI DRESSES...LOOK/CHECK TO SEE IF THERE ARE PETITE OPTIONS FOR THESE DRESSES..GOOD LUCK!

By JUDY S. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

I think some of their styles are knock-offs of Cache. Unfortunately, Cache is closing shop....which really bums me out!

By Cindy M. on 5/2/15
Helpful answer

True to size.... A perfect fit!

By Pamela R. on 2/20/16
Helpful answer

look at the size chart, it tells exactly. measure yourself. i have a size 8 hips and size 14 waist...aaaagh, but a size 12 fit tight. the materials are nice and the stuff is good quality, 95% of the time. sometimes photos lie, but usually not.

By carmen v. on 2/20/13
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other customers.

21 Photos for Venus