US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

christineb16

Justin in Customer Service was extremely helpful when I ordered the product as well as following through with shipping. (in 15 reviews)

jot15

I recommend US Medical Supplies to anyone needing a chair lift. (in 64 reviews)

karenj12

My husband was having mobility problems, and I purchased a scooter from usmedicalsupplies.com. (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

johnr338
4/29/16

I made more than a dozen calls starting in February after my January 12th order was placed. Their site claimed the standard ten to twelve day lead time plus several more days if I wanted certain options. Each time I called, I was told it was being built. I was even told a snow storm was to blame for the delay.

The trucking company called and advised on February 12th a delivery would be attempted. Their 53 foot truck could not get into my apartment complex. I was told the trucking company would contact Pride and US Medical Supplies to work out how my chair would be delivered to my apartment. Per the time-stamped records from Pride and the trucking company, they attempted to contact US Medical Supplies during the week of February 12th and February 19th to get approval for the extra freight charges.

I was admitted into the hospital on February 22nd and remained there for two weeks for several medical issues then moved to a rehab facility for another 3 weeks to get mobile again. At no time did I receive a call from US Medical Supplies for the additional charges to have my chair delivered.

Once I was discharged I started a lengthy discussion lasting weeks US Medical Supply reps starting in March. Alex became the main rep. The accounting folks even created a new PO to take $262 more from me in April for white glove service. Not sure why, at the time but I found out later the original PO was dead and a partial refund was sent to my PayPal account. The last conversation with US Medical Supplies was on April 27th. No refund would be given because they advised I cancelled the order. There is nothing they will do for me. I called today, April 29th and my call went to an anonymous voice mail box.

I expected the $262 for white glove service to be refunded and the remaining balance of my purchase price $392.32. This was not an outrageous request considering the order was not cancelled by me. In fact, Pride said that they rarely have an issue with getting a smaller truck to deliver their products to people living in apartment complexes and mobile home parks, where a long trailer cannot traverse.

US Medical Supplies is an online store and the folks you speak to are "just an accounting firm" per the woman I spoke. Even Mr. Bradshaw or DC as he likes to be called, said they do business for several companies. I found this out because I used my work phone to call in on the main number. Both of the employees were befuddle because their system did not route my call to the correct company representative. They explained that I must use the phone number shown on the order to get to the correct company representative.

Taking money from a handicapped man is disgusting and wrong. More than 40 phone calls have been made since I placed my order back in January. $654.32 is how much they owe me.

il1459
4/17/16

The salesman Dane Siler turned in the measurements late and this delayed our parts from being received by more than 3 weeks, Once we received them, the track was cut to the wrong size and the chair lift could not be installed. We are now waiting for a new track. Our order was prepaid and after many weeks, we still have no chair lift. Terrible customer service and a very disorganized company.

chipm3
3/30/16

I purchase a new mobility scooter every year (some years I purchase 2) and US Medical has become my preferred vendor for the scooters. They are always friendly and very helpful. The scooter ship very quickly, sometimes I receive the scooter the day after my order is placed. They respond quickly when I have issues or need something repaired under warranty. There prices are competitive with all the other vendors on the internet. I will continue to go to them for my scooter needs.

marnies1
11/30/15

In less than 2 years since the purchase of the "Mobility " Scooter for my uncle, the item has all but quit working. We have replaced the battery twice, replaced fuses and purchased a new charger for the unit, as well as taken exceptional care of the scooter, parking it indoors and covering it on the occasions that it is outdoors. Sadly, my uncle has been left stranded many times. The scooter currently only holds a charge for 15 minutes, despite being fully charged. My uncle just called me a few minutes ago. It is cold and raining and he is stranded again. I am very disapointed with this purchase.

deannab6
7/14/15

I purchased a golden technologies lift chair on June 27th. I received a receipt on the 29th of June 2015 stating the chair would be shipped and processed from their Philadelphia store in 3 to four days. After nearly two weeks I contacted them. They talked down to me and were really rude. They said I should never have ordered the chair online I should have called them to order it. Dah why do you allow ordering online? Then they said it would take 23 days to build. The website never said that! On the phone they said they were charging me $250 and then they said in an email it was going to be $50 instead. I elevated my issue to pay pal as I am concerned I would lose all of my money. I just could not get over their total disrespect towards me. Just because I am a disabled senior doesn;t mean I am going to allow people to talk down to me like I am a piece of garbage.

Within 1 day I found the identical chair, with the covering I would rather have, free delivery and I will have it tomorrow. There are too many good companies out there wanting to help others. I wouldn't recommend thsi company to my worst enemy

robertk101
7/10/15

Do yourself a favor and stay far far away from these people. Just bought a new outdoor stair lift from Ameri-Glide. Over two months later with installer working on it three times, it has only worked once. Apparently they have only one person qualified to install in all of North Texas. That I cannot believe. Now Ameri-Glide wants to charge for having it fixed by the same person who installed it wrong to begin with. This is a racket to fleece older folk. I am reporting them to BBB.

barryk18
5/20/15

"Horrible service. No follow through and no service. I purchased a stair lift on May 5th and was told would ship next day via UPS. Called on May 8th to get tracking #, 2 different times, left messages with rep that answered they said sales agent would need to get tracking #. No response. Contacted the rep assigned on the invoice on May 12th after no responses via phone. No response. Called again May15th and got original sales rep ., she assured me item had shipped and she would get tracking #. Oops, item not shipped still in warehouse. Processing error by employee. She Said would ship on 15th, I would get on 21st. Item finally shipped on 18th for earliest delivery on 26th. She said item was shipping via Air due to delays, but no, it is actually shipping via ground. Unbelievable incompetence and poor business ethics. Asked for shipping refund as consideration for horrible service, misrepresentations, no responses, no refund. Obviously this item was needed quickly for elderly parent with health problems and the reps promises are why I purchased from them. Not a reputable firm. Still waiting for item."

normani
3/7/15

I could not find the product locally that I was interested in so I had to depend on the sales representative to give me an honest answer. I was interested in the LC 525L because of its rating for tall people. They offered a footrest extension for an extra fee. Three different times I asked the sales person if the extension came up parallel with the leg rest, or stayed down below it. Each time he assured me that it went out and up, extending the chair. It doesn't (confirmed by a call to the factory) and by observation of my chair. The chair is well built and comfortable, but I was charged for something I cannot use.. U.S. Medical is not interested in my problem. Returning it is not an option to me; I need the chair NOW, and I am totally disabled and could not package it up for return if I wanted to.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe anything the sales person tells you. Verify your question some other way.

daven18
11/20/14

The most abysmal customer service I have ever encountered. This company is more interested in sending you emails concerning coupons for your next purchase than they are taking care of the purchase at hand. Trying to find out a delivery date is impossible, and twice I was cut off and switched to another number without notice before I was able to posit another question. After leaving a message with Karen, it took her two days to return my call. Week days. At which time I was informed that my order had been cancelled. No effort was made to contact me concerning this. Their excuse, my credit card may have been declined and perhaps the notification was in my junk file. Neither is the case. This company is the most poorly run I have ever encountered. Especially given the fact that we are dealing with products of such expense. So, thanks to them, my Mother will have to wait for her much needed lift chair..Which most certainly will not come from them.

dm102
5/15/14

Buying a chair lift online from these people is dangerous. We ordered one brand and got another. The installer came from far away, left having done an appalling job and these sellers would not send them back to make it right. We did not get the three promised covers, nor warranty materials and an acceptable operating manual. The brand provided has an awful open track that is going to require constant maintenance, no backup battery, and it is bottom-of-the-line. The man who sold it to us was simply in it for "a buck". Watch out for this place. They seem far from honorable.

jamesr79
4/30/14

Selection was great and the sales person was very helpful in getting me a lift chair.

chrisr65
3/4/14

This chair is uncomfortable it wore a hole in it in four months.Also , it was delivered by US medical Supplies not working. Presently , it's rocks backwards when it reclines like bolts on the frame are loose. This chair is extremely poor quality and way over priced.

elsar
10/21/13

My experience with the chair lift has been very enjoyable. Once the installer got there and was able to adjust the chair lift to the stairs, we have been using it everyday and it is a God send. I was having trouble climbing stairs and this chair lift has made it possible for me to live in my daughters home and still have my own apartment. Thank you for making this happen.

lynnc29
10/20/13

I did a lot of online shopping and this was the best deal offered. It was shipped right away and I put it together myself and I'm a 77 year old lady. I ride it back and forth to our pool and can't wait to take it on our cruise. I love it and most of my neighbors have tried it out and all agree. It's great.

kenm34
10/13/13

service quality and delivery is excellent. I had chair sent to nursing home.
driver took chair in and helped me unpack it so my wife got to use right
away. I highly recommend us medical supply and the help I got from
Craig McCullough.
Ken M

sandrak13
10/11/13

I ordered my scooter and it arrived within the week! I didn't hear anyone ring the door bell, but the dogs let me know somebody was there. The large box was sitting on the porch and the delivery person was gone! My neighbor across the street came running over (about as excited as I was) and she helped me pushed it through the front door and into my living room and lay it down so that I could cut it open and remove my scooter parts. The instruction sheet was glued to the tape so that I cut them in half (it couldn't be avoided) when I cut the box open. I had it mostly together by myself except for the positioning of the arm rests, which my son helped with later when he came by. The directions left a lot to be desired anyway. Nerve damage keeps me from walking far or standing for long, but I can get around inside my house for short periods (thank goodness). The battery was fully charged and I tried it out inside the house, terrifying my pets! LOL!!! After riding it in the dark to the local Heritage Festival and almost being run over by trucks twice on the way there, I got the Police Chief to follow me home with his headlights on so that I could be seen. I've since purchased a clamp-on flashlight to attach to the front of the basket and a little flashing red light attached to the back of the seat for being seen in parking lots at night or any further sojourns around town after dark! I just love this scooter!! I must take most of it apart to put it into my small SUV and then reassemble it when I get to where I want to use it. The parts are a little heavier than I'm supposed to lift, so hubby is making a "lift" to assist me with that. Oh, and the picture doesn't show that there is a pocket on the back of the seat with a flap closure that attaches with velcro. I find that very handy to keep my flashlight in when it's not in use!

bettyb13
10/5/13

The stairlift is positivly fantanstic. I should have gotten it years ago, it's saving my legs and knees from tremendous pain. I can carry things up the stairs without effort and send things up without climbing the stairs.

Betty from Michigan

pattieh
10/1/13

Purchased this chair for 96 yr old mother. Lives in assisted living facility. Has lost all the strength in her legs to stand up or sit down. This chair is very useful. The people at medical supplies were very helpful and courteous. The shipper brought the chair into the facility from his truck. Now just waiting and hoping for some type of Medicare re-imbursement!

georged36
9/28/13

The chair works great. it looks great too. The people at US Medical did a great job!

maries30
9/10/13

I ordered this chair for my 89 year old mother. She love, love, loves it!

donnas32
8/31/13

My 88 year old mother-in-law suffers from osteoarthritis, plus recently fell and broke her leg. Getting up and down from her chair has been difficult, and caused undue strain and pain on her back. Since using her Pride chairlift her pain has been much less and she absolutely loves it. Just as important to me was the ease of purchase, the customer support received when choosing the right chair for her body size and needs, the incredibly good price as compared to other vendors, and the rapid fulfillment and delivery of the chairs.

andrewh49
8/29/13

The best price i found for my scooter, easy to deal with and good customer service by Dylan Kelly

gordonl13
8/26/13

we recently purchased two Rave stair lifts from us medical supplies. The service was great and the agent that assisted us was very professional, kind, and helpful. He did not just sell us our stair lifts and leave us but assisted us in the installation as well. The stair lift are wonderful and serve a great purpose. I would highly recommend the rave stair lift to anyone who is elderly or has a disability in any way. The stair lifts make climbing steps safe and easy. They are great!

jonj13
8/22/13

I went to the site not knowing anything about stair lift chairs. Michael Noneman was extremely knowledgeable in the industry and extremely helpful in directing me to the chair that best fit the needs of my parents in their home. I am a general contractor so I decided to self-installed the system and everything went smooth. I could not be more happy with how simplified the website is for explaining how to measure the staircase in order to properly order the chair system. Overall I would highly recommend US Medical Supplies to anyone!!!

nereidar
8/17/13

Hello, my name is Nereida Ramos and I have just received my Go Go Scooter from USMedicalSupplies.com, and I loved it!!! Roger was a great help in deciding which scooter was best for me. It has a massive amount of power and speed and is quick and easy to put together when your on the go. I fell in love with the scooter the first time I rode it and it was easy for me to drive. I would strongly recommend this product to everybody who is always on the go and needs to be in two places at once because it is strong, quick and easy!!!

Thank you so much Roger and everybody at USMedicalSupplies.com who helped me receive my scooter in the best condition!!!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the U.S. Medical Supplies staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
12/5/15
Answer
robertk101
A: I am trying to get repair services in North Texas for my new stair lift I bought from them this spring. Their mail box is always full. Good luck.
12/5/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
10/15/15
Answer
barryk18
A: No, they do not back up what they say they will do and offer no accommodations when it does not meet needs. I would never buy from them. They do mislead consistently and they do not back up their word or fix problems they cause, which to me is the worst.
10/15/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the U.S. Medical Supplies staff and other customers.
U.S. Medical Supplies?