U.S. Medical Supplies reviews

3901A Commerce Park Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27610, United States

bettyg43
9/16/17

My wife loves thischair so much you would not believe how much!!!!
We should have gotten it months ago
We love love love it
My wife can help herself so much more now
Betty and Gene Griffith

johng518
9/13/17

The sales person on the phone was very knowledgeable and helpful. I ordered a lift chair with heat and massage and they said it would take longer. They gave me an accurate timeline and the chair was delivered when anticipated. I had the "white glove" delivery so they delivered it and set it up for my dad without me having to be there. I am very pleased with the whole experience!

anam163
8/12/17

I bought this chair for my husband who has ALS and he was not able to get up with regular recliner chair
This is very helpful and works well my only complaint or disappointment is that the setting area is small compared to the back high but again the price I guess made a difference on each product on the market

oletham1
8/1/17

As of right now neither product is working or functioning. We bought a stairlift and lift chair. The installer broke the lift and the second one had to order parts. He installed the parts and it's still not working. The cost is an additional 250 to come to fix a chair that never worked. Also the lift chair came in pieces and the heat and massage were never placed. The customer service is poor when it comes to fixing problems. No one answers the phone. And they've called my elderly parents and asked her for money. Shame on them. The only recourse is to get the credit card company to get the money back.

owneyz
6/21/17

I ordered a stair chair from these folks in September 2016. It didn't get installed until 11/16. Problem after problem. They finally sent some one 4/16 to have it checked out. It was determined that it had been installed incorrectly and had to be replaced. It is 6/16 - still waiting. Save your money and order equipment from a local vendor. Excuse after excuse - horrible customer service. They blame their problems on someone else. Don't waste your time with this company!

georget126
6/19/17

The "Golden" wheelchair that I purchased has given me the mobility around my house, that my 4 wheeled walker couldn't provide. The wheelchair is easy to use, and more importantly, does not allow me to fall over backwards, as I have a severe "balance" problem.

cs178
5/18/17

It takes a long time to receive your product and then 3 weeks after you receive your product they finally decide how much they will charge you for shipping in addition to the $9.99 you pau at check out. And yes as customer service stated shipping is estimated....however their shipping is way over charged. I ordered two items they came separate and I got charged an additional $14.99 3 weeks after with no notice what so ever. taking in the extra charges, find a website with legit shipping or free shipping

tomb271
4/15/17

We purchased the Rave chair lift with delivery promised in 7-10 days. Surprize it was on our doorstep in three. Than the fun started, installation and assembly. The instructions were good, written by someone whose first language appeared to be english. Thanks. The photos would be a better help if they were not so dark. Everything was straightforward and easy to follow.
Our only disappointment was the chair seat was too flimsy, adding a piece of 3/4" plywood to the underside solved that problem, but now will not stay in the folded up position. We will solve that one later. Meanwhile it works wonderfully, we now feel as though we hit the "big time."
Count on us to look first to you for further purchases.
Tom and Diane Bailey
Springfield, Ohio

normr3
2/27/17

Ordered a non-customized lift chair on Feb. 7, 2017. Sales rep promised that it would be delivered by Feb. 19th. As I write this on Fe. 27th, no chair and NO return phone calls from ANY reps as to what's going on with our chair. I even left a message for the Vice-President.

shirleyb82
1/24/17

We ordered 2 Horizon Stair Lifts and customer service was very helpful in explaining the purchase and installation of the lift chairs.

beckyl16
8/25/16

I purchased the golden advantager there price was great and I just love them freedom it gives me

ronaldp37
8/13/16

I received excellent technical support and recommendation in the ordering process for a lift to be installed on our ancient uneven concrete stairs. The installation instructions themselves were easy to follow. I installed the lift all by myself. Although two people working would have made the operation go faster, it would not have made the installation any easier. Easy is easy, no matter how many people are involved. The lift chair moves at a nice reasonable pace. Need a lift? You'll be happy with what you find here.
Frame - strong and sturdy.
Design - simple and efficient.
Technical support - thorough, knowledgeable, and understanding.
Economy - you get so much more than you pay for.

paulk148
8/12/16

we called the number we found online ,talked to mr. Vandiver told him what we were looking for he went over what was available helped with the fine tuning took charge from their filled out the order with our needs with prices and everything we needed to know,had it shipped to our home our son installed it the contractor he works foe had done this befor everything was the with the directions a few hours later I was going up and down with ease the part that took the longest was waiting for the batteries to charge Mr.Tayler Vandiver did a great job taking care or our needs I would ask for him again if needed Thank you Paul Knepp

annh74
8/11/16

Tim Worley at Intalliance.net / US Medical Supplies was extremely helpful. Product arrived when promised. Slight problem with local installers at this end; but Ameriglide Stair Lift is excellent.

johnr338
4/29/16

I made more than a dozen calls starting in February after my January 12th order was placed. Their site claimed the standard ten to twelve day lead time plus several more days if I wanted certain options. Each time I called, I was told it was being built. I was even told a snow storm was to blame for the delay.

The trucking company called and advised on February 12th a delivery would be attempted. Their 53 foot truck could not get into my apartment complex. I was told the trucking company would contact Pride and US Medical Supplies to work out how my chair would be delivered to my apartment. Per the time-stamped records from Pride and the trucking company, they attempted to contact US Medical Supplies during the week of February 12th and February 19th to get approval for the extra freight charges.

I was admitted into the hospital on February 22nd and remained there for two weeks for several medical issues then moved to a rehab facility for another 3 weeks to get mobile again. At no time did I receive a call from US Medical Supplies for the additional charges to have my chair delivered.

Once I was discharged I started a lengthy discussion lasting weeks US Medical Supply reps starting in March. Alex became the main rep. The accounting folks even created a new PO to take $262 more from me in April for white glove service. Not sure why, at the time but I found out later the original PO was dead and a partial refund was sent to my PayPal account. The last conversation with US Medical Supplies was on April 27th. No refund would be given because they advised I cancelled the order. There is nothing they will do for me. I called today, April 29th and my call went to an anonymous voice mail box.

I expected the $262 for white glove service to be refunded and the remaining balance of my purchase price $392.32. This was not an outrageous request considering the order was not cancelled by me. In fact, Pride said that they rarely have an issue with getting a smaller truck to deliver their products to people living in apartment complexes and mobile home parks, where a long trailer cannot traverse.

US Medical Supplies is an online store and the folks you speak to are "just an accounting firm" per the woman I spoke. Even Mr. Bradshaw or DC as he likes to be called, said they do business for several companies. I found this out because I used my work phone to call in on the main number. Both of the employees were befuddle because their system did not route my call to the correct company representative. They explained that I must use the phone number shown on the order to get to the correct company representative.

Taking money from a handicapped man is disgusting and wrong. More than 40 phone calls have been made since I placed my order back in January. $654.32 is how much they owe me.

il1459
4/17/16

The salesman * turned in the measurements late and this delayed our parts from being received by more than 3 weeks, Once we received them, the track was cut to the wrong size and the chair lift could not be installed. We are now waiting for a new track. Our order was prepaid and after many weeks, we still have no chair lift. Terrible customer service and a very disorganized company.

*Personal information redacted by admin

chipm3
3/30/16

I purchase a new mobility scooter every year (some years I purchase 2) and US Medical has become my preferred vendor for the scooters. They are always friendly and very helpful. The scooter ship very quickly, sometimes I receive the scooter the day after my order is placed. They respond quickly when I have issues or need something repaired under warranty. There prices are competitive with all the other vendors on the internet. I will continue to go to them for my scooter needs.

marnies1
11/30/15

In less than 2 years since the purchase of the "Mobility " Scooter for my uncle, the item has all but quit working. We have replaced the battery twice, replaced fuses and purchased a new charger for the unit, as well as taken exceptional care of the scooter, parking it indoors and covering it on the occasions that it is outdoors. Sadly, my uncle has been left stranded many times. The scooter currently only holds a charge for 15 minutes, despite being fully charged. My uncle just called me a few minutes ago. It is cold and raining and he is stranded again. I am very disapointed with this purchase.

deannab6
7/14/15

I purchased a golden technologies lift chair on June 27th. I received a receipt on the 29th of June 2015 stating the chair would be shipped and processed from their Philadelphia store in 3 to four days. After nearly two weeks I contacted them. They talked down to me and were really rude. They said I should never have ordered the chair online I should have called them to order it. Dah why do you allow ordering online? Then they said it would take 23 days to build. The website never said that! On the phone they said they were charging me $250 and then they said in an email it was going to be $50 instead. I elevated my issue to pay pal as I am concerned I would lose all of my money. I just could not get over their total disrespect towards me. Just because I am a disabled senior doesn;t mean I am going to allow people to talk down to me like I am a piece of garbage.

Within 1 day I found the identical chair, with the covering I would rather have, free delivery and I will have it tomorrow. There are too many good companies out there wanting to help others. I wouldn't recommend thsi company to my worst enemy

robertk101
7/10/15

Do yourself a favor and stay far far away from these people. Just bought a new outdoor stair lift from Ameri-Glide. Over two months later with installer working on it three times, it has only worked once. Apparently they have only one person qualified to install in all of North Texas. That I cannot believe. Now Ameri-Glide wants to charge for having it fixed by the same person who installed it wrong to begin with. This is a racket to fleece older folk. I am reporting them to BBB.

barryk18
5/20/15

"Horrible service. No follow through and no service. I purchased a stair lift on May 5th and was told would ship next day via UPS. Called on May 8th to get tracking #, 2 different times, left messages with rep that answered they said sales agent would need to get tracking #. No response. Contacted the rep assigned on the invoice on May 12th after no responses via phone. No response. Called again May15th and got original sales rep ., she assured me item had shipped and she would get tracking #. Oops, item not shipped still in warehouse. Processing error by employee. She Said would ship on 15th, I would get on 21st. Item finally shipped on 18th for earliest delivery on 26th. She said item was shipping via Air due to delays, but no, it is actually shipping via ground. Unbelievable incompetence and poor business ethics. Asked for shipping refund as consideration for horrible service, misrepresentations, no responses, no refund. Obviously this item was needed quickly for elderly parent with health problems and the reps promises are why I purchased from them. Not a reputable firm. Still waiting for item."

normani
3/7/15

I could not find the product locally that I was interested in so I had to depend on the sales representative to give me an honest answer. I was interested in the LC 525L because of its rating for tall people. They offered a footrest extension for an extra fee. Three different times I asked the sales person if the extension came up parallel with the leg rest, or stayed down below it. Each time he assured me that it went out and up, extending the chair. It doesn't (confirmed by a call to the factory) and by observation of my chair. The chair is well built and comfortable, but I was charged for something I cannot use.. U.S. Medical is not interested in my problem. Returning it is not an option to me; I need the chair NOW, and I am totally disabled and could not package it up for return if I wanted to.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe anything the sales person tells you. Verify your question some other way.

daven18
11/20/14

The most abysmal customer service I have ever encountered. This company is more interested in sending you emails concerning coupons for your next purchase than they are taking care of the purchase at hand. Trying to find out a delivery date is impossible, and twice I was cut off and switched to another number without notice before I was able to posit another question. After leaving a message with Karen, it took her two days to return my call. Week days. At which time I was informed that my order had been cancelled. No effort was made to contact me concerning this. Their excuse, my credit card may have been declined and perhaps the notification was in my junk file. Neither is the case. This company is the most poorly run I have ever encountered. Especially given the fact that we are dealing with products of such expense. So, thanks to them, my Mother will have to wait for her much needed lift chair..Which most certainly will not come from them.

dm102
5/15/14

Buying a chair lift online from these people is dangerous. We ordered one brand and got another. The installer came from far away, left having done an appalling job and these sellers would not send them back to make it right. We did not get the three promised covers, nor warranty materials and an acceptable operating manual. The brand provided has an awful open track that is going to require constant maintenance, no backup battery, and it is bottom-of-the-line. The man who sold it to us was simply in it for "a buck". Watch out for this place. They seem far from honorable.

jamesr79
4/30/14

Selection was great and the sales person was very helpful in getting me a lift chair.

Helpful answer

I am trying to get repair services in North Texas for my new stair lift I bought from them this spring. Their mail box is always full. Good luck.

By Robert K. on 12/5/15
Helpful answer

No. I feel I've been cheated by US Medical Supplies. I ordered a lift chair from them more than a month ago and gave them payment information. They've charged me but never delivered my chair. Now I'm seeing other complaints from people who also paid more for "White Glove" delivery and installation service an they didn't get good service from them either. I was charged $1015 for the chair and $189 for delivery and installation but I have no chair yet. Undoubtedly gnomes are building the chair in China and it's being shipped by slow boat to PA where it will be shipped by mule train to TX.

By Ann W. on 10/15/15
Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the U.S. Medical Supplies staff and other customers.

U.S. Medical Supplies?