US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

clarac31
9/17/16

I started using Upromise since 2011 after I applied for a Upromise credit card. For the marjority part of it Upromise offers the highest cash back rebate % (5% + 5% when paid with a Upromise cr card) unless other similar cash back sites have special promo. Every now and then Upromise would have special promo for Tuesday, where you get 10% cash back instead of the normal 5% on certain stores, that's a total of 15% cash back!

My experience with Upromise has been good so far. However, I always make sure that I am login to my Upromise account right before I place my order with any particular site because I noticed that after awhile if you idled for too long and didn't submit your order you will be logout from your Upromise account. I am not sure if this would affect how Upromise keeps track of your purchases, perhaps that's why some people didn't get their rebates. Anyway this is just my personal experience and opinion.

brendat7
9/5/16

Upromise is a rebate website. They have stores you shop from and you: get a percentage payback of what you spend. For example: Store A offers 5% payback, you get 5 dollars. AND if you open their credit card (mastercard) you most of the time receive another 5% payback. Easy math....10 dollars payback. Small purchases add up. They offer ways to save for college with savings accounts that you can have them automatically transfer your paybacks to and earn interest. It is fun and they come through for you.

kebyleh
4/15/16

First, I couldn't get my account linked up properly and my mother's repeated attempts to transfer money to me were lost. I am no idiot when it comes to this sort of thins. Crappy website. After a while, I gave up. 5 years later, they notify me that I have money in the account that will be forfeited if I do not claim it. So I claim it and sit on the phone with a rep to make sure it goes straight to my student loans. Three months later, the auto-sweep still hasn't put anything into my loans. I opened a ticket that was supposed to have a two day response and after 2 weeks, there is not a peep from them. When I call, they just tell me to wait for the 3rd week of the month. They refuse to offer any insight as to what the problem is. They say the ticket has been escalated, but not to whom. And all they can tell me is that they will call when they have an answer. NO estimate on when that may be. They are holding nearly $1000 of mine hostage. Highly suspicious. Also, none of the cards I registered with them have EVER logged any rewards. This whole thing just smacks of a scam. When you call, they want your full name, address and a personal security response. Not good.

lt22
12/1/14

I have been a member of Upromise since August 2006. My credit cards are registered with them, as well as my grocery cards. The majority of my shopping for non-food items is online. I always check Upromise before making a purchase. I have only earned a little more than $200 in the past eight years. I would say that at least 50 percent of the time I do not receive credit for my purchases. Somehow there is no record of me accessing partner sites through Upromise.

jamiew11
11/19/13

For the most part I'm happy with Upromise. It's a nice way to earn free cash back, even when you are redeeming a deal or coupon on the merchant site. You have to get used to it at first. Finding where to register your credit cards on the site isn't all that intuitive.
In my opinion Ebates is an easier experience, but I still like Upromise. If you link it to direct deposit into your SallieMae savings account they also provide a 10% annual match bonus.

marys83
8/18/13

Have used the company for years, first few cashouts were easy. As time progressed it became harder and harder. The second to last time I tried to cash out they used the excuse that the sponsor had not paid them the funds... (although the funds were showing as pending) so they couldn't pay me. If you never got it, then the sum shouldn't be showing in the first place.

My latest cashout is still showing as pending, so I wrote them and mentioned in the letter that if they find that the sponsor has not paid them after the amount of months that it's been pending, perhaps they should contact them as they are their affiliates. I stated communication between they and their sponsors, as well as my self, is key.. and so is good customer service.

I got a reply email stating that it will be three more weeks before the pending funds will be available. Lolz, I'll bite. But I replied back that the amount of time quoted to me upon cashout differed from that which they replied back w/. I suggest they confer w/ their affiliate to reach an agreeable time frame to quote to user upon cashing out as this would cut down on confusion.

People, I'm not stupid. It's all a racket, they get paid for hooking you up w/ their advertisers, for shopping through their website or at physical stores they have agreements with. These affiliates give you the consumer cash back, after overcharging you, for doing business w/ them. Upromise collects the money.. holds it in an acct as long as they can, while collecting interest on it. You decide you want to cash out, but they don't want to let go because they want to continue getting as much interest as possible. So they give you the runaround. It's almost as bad as a ponzi scheme, and it gets worse as the economy gets worse. These companies are scrambling to stay afloat. They refuse to realize that people can't keep getting big pay packets and bonus as before. Greed is an ugly thing.

But I want my funds.. so I'll play around w/ them a bit longer.. then I'll be contacting them again. I'd like to be able to get some interest from my cashout too. They had their turn, now I want mine.

tamalag
7/31/13

I have been using this site for years. Between the rebates from using my Upromise credit card and rebates from retailers I have earned almost $4000 in my daughters college fund.

aprils5
11/27/12

Upromise is a great way to get rewarded for your shopping. It gives you a % of what you spend back and has several retailers that participate. You can also link bonus cards from your local grocer or pharmacy. I have already received over $100 and I really don't do a lot of online shopping...you can also do surveys to earn money for free.

pa1627
3/5/12

This is a complete scam. It has caused nothing but hassles and the customer support is terrible and poorly trained. They make up policies or they don't follow up after you make copies and document the transaction and pay the postage to mail to them.

ellens1
3/10/09

BROKEN " UPROMISE" - Don't fall for the "promise" on Upromise web site for Reduced energy bills if you switch your energy supplier to Energy Plus Holdings.  My bill went up $125 from what it would have been with my previous supplier.  Then, when I went to cancel, I was told I had to wait through another billing cycle, so this "Promise" may cost me a few hundred dollars by the time I switch back!

Do your research, don't believe the misleading statements on Upromise.  Better check out their other "deals" before you sign up too!  Neither company would help me in any way.