Review of Tobi

South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
help@tobi.com

alyssak17
11/18/17

Do not buy clothes from here. They look and fit nothing like the picture shown online. Returns take 2 months to be refunded...

jacquelinef28
11/16/17

So annoyed with this company. The clothes were crappy and I returned them. The sheet says 14 business or so business days for a return, well what they don't tell you is that it doesn't take 14 days. It's when they receive the package.
It's been over 14 business days for me. I've been waiting for a return for 4 weeks now and when I emailed them they said they're still on returns from 7 days before my return and will get to it shortly.

Don't order from here unless you're sure you won't return. Shop somewhere like Lulu's. WAY better

pinkl15
11/13/17

Returns take a LOT longer than than they are supposed to. Their clothes are WAY overpriced. I am still waiting for my return. Regret not reading these reviews before ordering from them.

clarkep
11/6/17

It's actually not 50% discount and is normal price. That's how you get fooled thinking you're getting a good deal but if you actually look at the original price that has been marked down, there is no way in hell a basic cheap looking romper is going to be $150-200 original price. Please don't be fooled.

sofial21
11/3/17

I have ordered from Tobi numerous times and have never been disappointed. They have a very unique sense of style that I don't come across just anywhere. They have some items that will seem a bit over priced but they also have lots of good deals.. not to forget 50% OFF YOUR WHOLE FIRST ORDER! This past time they didn't send me a choker I bought but I emailed them right after telling them the problem and they are working on immediately either sending me a new one or giving me a refund. Alexandra was very helpful with that!! I love Tobi and always recommend it to people when they ask me where I got my clothes!

hannaha23
10/25/17

I've shopped online many times and yes some stuff take forever to come in but at least they look like what they are supposed to. Whenever I received my dress that I had order the fabric was cheap the dress was something completely different, another shirt that I order didn't look quite as much as the picture but similar still had cheaper fabric. Won't recommend tobi for anything.

brooke420
10/24/17

I ordered a gold dress from Tobi, it was similar to the picture online in terms of length, material and style. However, when it arrived it was not gold it was a dark brown. The only reason I actually bought the dress was because of the color so I was very disappointing... On their site it was event under the "GOLD dress category" Also, their size chart seems to be inaccurate. I took measurements before ordering the dress and fell under their medium size perfectly.. When the dress arrived, it was too big in the chest and the waist.. Their sizes are larger than described. Very deceiving. The only reason I am giving it 2 stars is because shipping was very fast, and the dress was a fair price.

christinav28
10/23/17

After waiting for my order for a week, they sent me an email saying my order had been cancelled because it was out of stock.

beccas16
10/21/17

I ordered a pair of black mules, package came and was sent a pair of brown mules. Would be a simple exchange but now the black are out of stock in my size. Tried to get in contact with Tobi but no one answered my emails.

angiel58
10/19/17

Returned $100+ worth of dresses in September and have still yet to receive my refund. The website tracking was saying my package was received and I would be getting my refund within 14 days. 30 days later it says they never received my refund package. When I email customer service they claim they never got it because it was never sent out!!!! Luckily I saved my receipt from usps. Every email I send to them I get back an email immediately saying my ticket was marked resolved!

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE

mikek192
10/19/17

Bought many dresses for one of my daughters. She thought they were fashionable and fairly priced (similar to Forever21). We returned a few of the dresses and are STILL waiting for our refund. It has not been 5 weeks. They even admitted on an email that they were 5 weeks behind (processing 27 Aug returns and email was 2 Oct).

We will NOT be using Tobi in the future, unless highly confident won't be returning anything.

eja14
10/15/17

Bought from Tobi after reading about them on a respectable site only later did I think to search for reviews and I wish I had before I purchased. Tobi is clearly a Chinese site with irregular sizes and awful quality. I bought a satin top which fit horribly and of course it was "final sale" it wasn't dirt cheap like some of the $9 dresses but was $22 (originally $44) so I'm not at all happy since the top is unwearable. Save your money and buy from a reputable site instead.

danh136
10/11/17

Sent my return back in early September and on October 11th I still haven't gotten my money back. They talk a good talk but poor action.

toryt10
10/10/17

I purchased 3 dresses for a Wedding on August 24th and received my order on August 30th. None of them fit correctly so i decided to return the items. I put them in the mail on September 7th and they were returned to the facility on September 19th. I then waited the 14 business days for my refund - i did not receive any notifications in that time period. On the 15th day (10/9/17) I emailed that i still had not received a return refund and they asked me what i had returned (even though the email states the return order number and they could just look it up in their system). I told them and the same day i got a notification that my return was processed. Now i have to wait 3-5 business days for the refund to hit my bank account. That brings it to a total of 35 days (IF i get my refund on the 5th day) since my return hit the mail truck...

With other websites/companies like Lulus my returns are processed and refunded the same day that they are received. I will not be shopping at Tobi again.

katiem42
10/9/17

I've had good luck with Tobi for the most part. The clothes I've ordered are cute and good quality. But I had a problem with the most recent dress I ordered. I ordered an XS based off the measurements of the dress and my own measurements. It should have fit, but it was soooo tight I couldn't zip it and my shoulders felt like they were going to bust the dress at the seams. I dropped it off at UPS to be returned the next day, and ordered a size Small as an exchange. It arrived quickly and fit well - still a little small but good enough. But for the exchange return money...it's been well over 3 weeks now (that's just including business days) and the return has yet to even be processed. I don't know why on EARTH it could possibly take this long. Basically the lesson with Tobi is to be 99.9% sure you won't need to return or exchange an item before ordering, because you won't see a return into your account for a month or later. Not worth it when there are other cute clothes sites like Lulus that are more reliable and prompt with returns and exchanges.

danielleg56
10/4/17

The clothing turned out to be just fine but I received a call from my credit card company stating there was a charge on the card I used for my transaction with Tobi and it was for $200+, used in person (I am assuming they either gave the card number or had a fake card made) in Washington (I live in Nebraska)...I have only used the card one other time and it was so long ago. After purchasing from this site (against my better judgement after reading reviews) is when I received the call about the fraud. I cannot say I know 100% it was them but I find it odd that there are so many people reporting bad customer service, along with fraud, for it not to be them...DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

kaylan19
10/4/17

I just bought a dress from here recently. It took an average amount of time to send, and I was beyond excited for it to come. I am supposed to be wearing it to a homecoming dinner. However it just arrived in the mail a week before my homecoming, and it looks nothing like the picture! The dress description said it was a light blue. However when it came it was a purpleish grey color nothing like the color or description on the website. The material is comparable to that of a table cloth. Its cheap, wrinkly, and is not fitting at all. I will never buy from this shop ever again. Luckily I have some time to buy another dress but I 10/10 do NOT recommend shopping here. And the dress was 32$ plus shipping which came to a total of 35$

donnac191
9/27/17

When you buy from this website 2 thing you need to be awair. No address of the company no phone # . Basically no contact info. It very hard to return anything. I think its 1 men company.

The quality is bad as well

Stay away

darlas18
9/27/17

I returned a damaged dress in August. It's almost October and I have still not received my refund. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT purchase anything from this crooked company. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company in order to receive my refund. Next phone call is to the better business bureau.

clairef27
9/20/17

Ordered the 'live a little jumpsuit' in emerald and when it arrived the sizes did not match and I ended up needing a medium but then realised that they didn't offer exchanges to Australia. Thoroughly disappointed and sad that I wasted AU$50 on a jumpsuit I will not be able to wear. The fabric was also cheap and scratchy and the quality was poor. The image was completely different and even the colour was much duller. Postage took nearly 3 weeks which was also disappointing.

jenf25
9/18/17

I was looking for a cheap dress for homecoming when I stumbled upon tobi.com. The dresses were all reasonably priced and super cute, so I ordered one but had to return it for a different size. The quality of the dress I received was beautiful, and to be honest I was kind of sad I had to wait to get one that fit me! Customer service was INCREDIBLE when helping me with my return. I accidentally made a small blunder and reordered the wrong size for my exchange, but tobi.com generously corrected my error right away. I'd definitely order from them again!!

brittanyt31
9/17/17

I used to order quite a bit from this site back in 2013/2014,
since THEN their prices have been TRIPLED!! Shopping on their "Canadian' site they were reluctant to inform me there would be extra hidden costs even though the total with the exchange rate was supposed to be accurate. <-ONLY issue I ever had.
I've read alot of reviews of their poor quality, wrong sizes, terrible customer service and lost items. Thankfully I did not have any of those problems when I purchased from there, but I am really disappointed in their success over the years they decide to completely rip people off! A faux leather bathing suit should NOT be two hundred and FIFTY dollars. That's absolutely absurd even for Canadian prices!!
-Best advice don't shop here unless you're willing to spend a fortune... smh

brif7
9/15/17

I've never had any problems with Tobi. I shop there often because they're one of the only affordable online stores I like that actually sell plenty of stylish and cute clothes in XS. And half the time when I order XSs from other sites they're still big on me, but Tobi's fit me perfectly. They always have discounts, and fast shipping. I've never had to return anything so I can't comment on that. I also go to Tobi to get a lot of my dresses for events. I get compliments on the clothing I buy from there. Overall I've had a great experience!

angies60
9/7/17

Returned a pair of heels on August 12, it is now September 7th. I contacted them and they told me they received the refund it's just going to take 14 days after to receive it. If you don't have to wait long to receive your money why such a long hold up for the customer that helped you earn your spot where you are at today?

averid
9/5/17

I ordered a bunch of items over 300 in clothes. Didnt like any of the fabrics, they were very cheaply made. They also sent me the wrong size in a final sale item and a defected item with a broken button. I still haven't received my return yet and its been over a month. Overall id rather order from forever 21 at this point.

Cancel the order until the error has been corrected. It's too hard to get a refund from them after the fact.

By Linda K.

I live in the Bay Area outside of their SF headquarters so I've rec'd my items with in 3-4 days typically.

By Liz G.

With your best interest in mind, I would advise that you return in separate packages with labels from each order and watch it closely from beginning to end of the return so it doesn't slip through the cracks. Get a tracking number for each also.

By Linda K.

You should definitely use a measuring tape and measure your bust, hips, etc. Then compare to the size chart! :) I did that and ordered a large in everything and it fits perfect for me!

By Monica G.

Hey Lizzy, Im from Canada and mine came within 1 week :) Cross your fingers your will be on time for that party!

By Paige L.

I measured myself first and compared it to the chart and decided to go with xs. When i got the dress it fit exactly according to the size chart. So if i were an inch to big then the dress wouldn't have fit, luckily it did. So yeah, the size chart is pretty exact, at least with the dress i got.

By Naomi z.

Most likely 3 days. It took three business days when I was in Paris even and they said a month!

By Hope H.
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Tobi