US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

abbyb17
9/12/16

If I could give them a 0 I would. Worst shopping experience EVER. I have been trying to get the short I ordered for 3 months now. I ordered it in June, it was too big but they don't do exchanges. Had to send it back fr a refund, it took 3 weeks for them to give me my money back. Then I had to wait for them to do another 50% off sale since that how I ordered the shirt the first time, finally reordered it and have been waiting 2 months now for it to get here... They corrected my address to Manhattan, not Brooklyn. So they sent my order back. Then told me I would have to pay a shipping fee to have it sent to my correct address. After going back and forth with customer service for a while they finally sent my package out again. But I wasn't there so they claimed they left a notice, which I never received. I had to either go pick it up at an unknown location or reschedule delivery. I rescheduled and they never came back. I talked to customer service again and they told me to just contact my local post office and see if it was there. So helpful... Not. This is my first time shopping here and I still have not gotten my one top I bought 3 months ago. WORST STORE EVER. Never ever shopping here again.

gabbys8
9/9/16

I have ordered from
Tobi THREE separate times. I dislike every single item I buy every time. They look nothing like the pictures it's cheap material and their sizing is completely off. I bought an S and it was too big I bought a Medium and it was like an XL. I bought an xs and it was still too big. Literally the pictures online look nothing like what comes in the mail.

alexb180
8/22/16

I used tobi often a couple years ago when the clothes were still good quality and reasonably priced. Now the clothes are extremely cheap, flimsy material, and don't even think about anything white as there isn't a chance it won't be see through. They brag about free returns, but I returned two items a month ago and still have yet to even see it processed in my tobi account. I've emailed them and only received an automated reply that they expect to see my return processed shortly. Completely ridiculous company- don't waste your time and money.

brib6
7/31/16

I noticed several negative reviews and felt that after my good experience I should post a positive review of my own.

I am not sure if maybe I was just one of the lucky ones, but I am very pleased with my experience. I ordered a dress, a monokini, shorts and a kimono from tobi earlier last week and received it yesterday.

The fabric used for each item is very nice, no loose threads or crooked hems. They all appear to look just like the pictures on their site, too. I was so happy that they fit well also (I am pear shaped with a big booty and petite up top) since it is always difficult to know whether I'm going to be a small, medium and sometimes even large depending on the store.

They seem to have sales quite frequently as well as new styles often. They shipped with free 2 day priority shipping as well, which is a great bonus to me. I'm sad to see many other people had negative experiences, and I felt the need to post positively. I definitely will be ordering from tobi again. :)

emilyp31
7/19/16

i've only wrote on other review in my life lol and only feel the need to write reviews when i feel strongly on something and i love love love tobi.com!!! seriously have ordered probably 12 different things from here. everytime my package has arrived on time and the items fit very well. obviously the product is not going to be PERFECT seeing as its an online store and the prices are pretty cheap. but in no means would i ever say the quality is bad. recently i ordered something on a friday and freaked out because i made the purchase and THEN read that they dont process orders on weekends (which is normal) and that my shipping method was 3-5 buisness days (which i picked aka not tobi's fault) so i was worried i would not get it on time (the following friday was when i needed it) and i emailed them right away asking if there was anything i could do. they were honest with me and said it may arrive on time but for a better change i should purchase the express shipping for $25 extra which wasnt bad because i only bought a $22 dress... i told them to go ahead and do that. i had been in CONSTANT contact with their staff... and i mean constant they responded right away.their were some technical issues with my debit card and i actually got a CALL from what seemed to be one of the head staff or something and she assured me she was going to give me free express shipping and make sure herself that my package was shipping out that day. i was seriously so thankful and happy. i would 100% recommend this site to ANYONE. no bs

taniag5
7/1/16

I received my package, tried it on, and sealed it back up to return it! It was awful. the sizes are not true to size and the material looks like it's from the dollar store....not worth it

nikin1
7/1/16

All the clothes I got looked NOTHING like the picture and the quality was awful. I was disappointed with everything do not waste your time with this site. I received my package late and now they won't let me return it and so all my money is lost. THIS IS A WASTE AND AWFUL CLOTHES.

stephaniem125
6/29/16

I ordered two items online, one of which I received was completely wrong and the other was damaged. I emailed them about whether I could get the right item in exchange for the wrong item I received. They told me they did not have the item in stock anymore.

The other item I received was correct -- but there was a HUGE tear on the side seam. I don't have time to exchange it for another one, but luckily I have the ability to sew up the tear myself.

I am so disappointed in Tobi.

Tip for consumers: Btw, individual reviews cannot be placed on any specific item on the site.

tarah-anng
6/25/16

First time ever ordering from this site let alone ordering clothes online , My order got to my house within a week of ordering it which is good :) When it got in i was excited , it didn't fail to let me down! I loved it! I would def. order from this site again.

Tip for consumers: Order it on a monday not on a friday since they don't ship or process on the weekends.

ninal11
5/19/16

I'm always hesitant when making online purchases. Tobi ships fairly quick. Everything I've ordered came within 3 days after being shipped from Northern California. I wouldn't recommend ever buying anything full price from them because they usually have 50% sales and 50% off your first purchase. I've already received 4 items from them and I've been pleased with my purchases. In terms of quality, so far so good! The quality overall is between a 3.5 out of 5. It really depends on the item. I want to say similar to Forever21. I've washed them a few times and they still look fine. One of the dresses I purchased had thin material but it was more of a outdoor casual dress so I didn't mind since it's not see-through anyways. They do sell some brand clothing, such as MINKPINK. Sizing can be tricky. They do post what size the model is and what she's wearing but it's not always reliable as I try to see if the clothing looks fitted or loose. I've ordered different sizing just because of that. If you're not pleased with your purchase, you're able to return it for free. I haven't had an issue of returning anything yet. The refund took about a week but I did receive the full amount without any issues. Also, they have final sale items that you cannot return which sucks if the item wasn't your size or did not meet your expectations.

madie7
5/5/16

I am very impressed!! I think this is my first ever I review, but considering all the bad reviews I thought I would do one.

I couldn't be happier with this company! I was a bit hesitant regarding all these bad reviews. As I live in the UK I was worried how quickly the item would arrive so paid for the extra quick shipping (£20.99) as I was nervous it wouldn't arrive on time. I ordered a dress that wasn't Tobi made. When ordering, however, I accidentally clicked on the wrong size. I had only noticed once the order went through so emailed over, they replied in a few hours and changed it straight away for me. Very lovely to deal with and very helpful. I ordered the dress on the 2nd and it was processed within a day. The dress arrived on the 5th!! Within 3 days from the USA to the UK, and their shipping said 1-2 weeks so very happy!!

5* and would definitely order again!

ramonar4
3/26/16

The title says it all!

krystals11
3/25/16

First time I ordered a dress they sent me the completely wrong dress. After receiving the right dress i ordered i realized they run very small length wise.. barely covers by butt and i am average height. waste of time and money

stephaniej37
3/22/16

I love the style of Tobi dresses and they always have good deals, but the zippers on their dresses are nothing less than crap. The two dresses I have with zippers fit me fine, but you would think I'd have to lose thirty pounds to make them zip because any pressure at all against the zipper and they wont budge. Spent an hour and a half trying to zip a dress and got frustrated and started cutting the in seams to relieve tension and the zipper started to come off.Please fix your zippers, I'm sure i'm not the only one with this issue.

kieraj
3/8/16

First of all, you would think Tobi was located in China, considering trying to contact someone for help is a struggle. Second, the clothes are NOT worth whatever "bargain" you are getting them for. $35 for a romper made out of Nylon that shrinks in the wash isn't a good deal. Shipping is a nightmare. They take their sweet old time "processing" your order, and then actually getting it sent out. For an accurate shipping time, take the shipping you are paying for and add an extra 3 days. Bye Tobi, we all know you're making as much money as Kanye's line.

bernadettel5
3/6/16

I've ordered from tobi maybe 4 times now. I live in Singapore and tobi is an American-based online store. Shipping was always fast and efficient, and I receive my orders always just about a week later. I've ordered from other sites which would always take no less than 2-3 weeks to get to me. The clothes are of great quality and reasonable prices though I tend to shop only in the sale section. Overall my experiences with tobi have been really great. Their customer service had caught me by surprise as well! I sent in a query via email about one of their items, a little skeptical to get any reply at all, but I got a reply within a day explaining everything I needed to know! All in all, tobi is one of my go-to brands for online shopping, for their great style, quality, service, and fast shipping!

daniellek14
2/25/16

I have ordered numerous dresses from this site for school dances, and I love them. I love the styles of dresses they have and all their other options; I even looked for clothes on there because I was so satisfied with my first orders. They emailed me as soon as my items shipped, showed up on time at my doorstep (address labeling and all) with my order conformation page in the box. They're a great business who hold true to their value! I'd highly recommend it.

chelseyb1
2/25/16

I ordered from Tobi last summer. Honestly, I have nothing nice to say about the clothes. They looked fine when I got them, but are honestly some of the cheapest made clothing I have ever bought. I wore a tank top only a couple times and after the first wash it was covered with holes. Stay away! Prices seem good but it's because the clothes are garbage.

torif3
2/9/16

I have ordered from toni about six times now and shipping is always very quick, always within two days. I am always surprised at the quality of the clothes because of the low prices and constant sale. I love everything I have ever ordered. They did lose a dress one time but responded quickly to my e-mail and ordered me a new one as well as a 50% off gift code for next time. I'd recommend Tobi to anyone who needs trendy fashion for a low price.

jimg65
1/31/16

Bought two items. They didn't fit, so we ordered replacements in a larger size. Fine. By the time we got around to returning the original items, more than 30 days had passed. So we were beyond the stated return period. I wrote an e-mail explaining the situation and asked them to allow the exchange anyway. They sent back an e-mail saying they'd stick to their policy, too bad for me. Now they are not technically obligated to process my return. Then again, I'm not technically obligated to give them more than one star.

Won't buy from them again.

af227
1/27/16

Should be illegal to not have contact info. Cant get my refund money back.
I'm calling the better business bureau.. What has happened to America to let this happen?

emilyn24
1/25/16

I never really write reviews because ive always had pretty good luck with ordering clothes online. I felt the need to write this because of how many bad reviews ive read. I ordered 2 mini dresses from tobi before reading reviews(i know i know) needless to say i was reallyy worried because of how many bad reviews saying the clothing were bad quality or their clothes never showed up or about bad customer service. I cannot comment on the customer service because i didnt have any reason to reach out to them. The dresses came super fast maybe 2 or 3 days after i ordered. I ordered one in xs and one in s and they both fit absolutely perfect! Theyre both exactly as pictured and to my surprise theyre great quality! One of the dresses was a white ribbed material materialso i was worried it would be see through and it isnt see through at all its actually quite thick. I couldnt be happier im seriously in love with both my new dresses:)

itzelr1
1/12/16

I ordered some dresses and they never came that was 2 months ago

maddiej1
12/31/15

The clothing of this store is quite a bit on the pricey side, however from the 3 times I have ordered from here, the clothes were in such poor quality. The sizing is also off. I had purchased an oversized sweater recently that appeared in the picture to be a slim-fitting, long sweater. Almost like a dress. SUPER CUTE in the picture, however when I received it, it was an enormous boxy sweater that could fit 3 of me. It also appeared to be made of cheap yarn and knitted very loosely and was falling apart in my hands. Spend your money elsewhere, this is not a site to be trusted.

angely12
12/16/15

The items I received were not up to the quality I paid for, and I got my items at 50% off. I doubt any of Tobi's product are worth what they're regularly priced for, which is fine, but even at half off I find that the fabric and sizing was so off that leaves me in shock when I received it. The "bandage" skirt was not a real bandage skirt, its made of a cheap elastic material that isn't nearly as stretchy and looks like it would get stretched out after a couple wear. It was also very loose at the waist part, (mine was an xs) which is very unflattering on me as it shows a gap between the skirt and my waist if I wear a crop top. The dress I ordered was made of a thin material that seems like the kind of fabric they would use in a typical t-shirt and it was way too big for an xs. Overall, disappointing quality. Never to purchase again.

38 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question