Review of Tobi

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alyl2
5/4/17

I would never purchase from this website again. The dress I ordered looked absolutely nothing like the displayed photo of it.

ss255
5/3/17

I purchased a few items from Tobi back in 2014, and while their service was fine the quality of the clothes and shoes (I bought 1 sandal and 1 pair of boots, as well as a romper) were lacking. I would not repurchase. There are many other online sites that will give you a similar product for a better price.

michelleh214
5/1/17

I bought a final sale dress and when I got the dress 2 buttons were missing and a rip in the dress. They said they will not let it be returned or refunded. Do NOT buy final sale items because of this very reason.

sophiah24
4/27/17

I purchased 3 items off of Tobi and noticed that the order processing time was taking a few days. I emailed customer support and received a response from them within the same day telling that their processing time was 2-5 business days. I shortly received a shipment confirmation email that my items had been mailed out. I received them a few days afterwards and all the items had arrived as expected. The clothes are very cute and you can find good items in the clearance section for very cheap but decent quality.

shannonr73
4/21/17

I placed 2 orders when I ordered from Tobi for the first time to take advantage of a sale. I ordered 3 dresses in the first order, and 2 bodysuits and one skirt in the second. They both arrived on the expected day- except, however, upon opening one of the packages, I realized they sent me someone else's order! It didn't even have my name on it! Obviously frustrated, I emailed them immediately demanding my original order.

I'll say this, they do have good customer service. Someone responded immediately, apologized, and told me they would reship my real order. Unfortunately, one of the dresses from that order was now out of stock, but I was refunded for that item, and they overnight express-ed my two other dresses.

However, the quality of their clothing is the real reason I will not order from Tobi again. Their pictures make their clothes look gorgeous and good quality, but in person they just aren't. Both dresses I ordered came in looking like they were made out of that cheap plastic birthday table covering, and were lined with wrinkle lines from packaging. The body suits were ok, but not worth $40, more like $10. The dress was again very wrinkled and the pleats were terribly misshapen. Not to mention everything was just a little too big to be a medium.

Very disappointed, but should have expected it from a cheap online clothing store I saw on a Facebook ad.

Tip for consumers: Definitely avoid their nicer dresses- they will not look good enough to wear to a formal event.

tamarj1
4/13/17

Before you make a purchase at TOBI be sure to check their Terms&Policy's!!!

I'm from Holland and ordered one jacket online at TOBI. The site says Free delivery to the Netherlands which sounds very tempting, right? Well.. they sure have tricked me into their scam because when I finally received the package (after 3 weeks) I had to pay 17,86 euros extra for the delivery. I went back to their site because I was sure when I made my purchase that it said free delivery but than I saw in their shipping policy in tiny writing at the bottom: "Orders from the Netherlands may be subject to customs and duties fees upon arrival. All applicable customs fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer. In addition, some orders may experience customs delays." and the site also said this: "Shipping fees are non-refundable. If you refuse any shipments from tobi.com, you will be held responsible for the original shipping charges, plus the cost of returning the package to us. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise refund". So you HAVE to pay it even if you refuse the package! and than also have to pay for the return of the package!! I think this is very sneaky. So be careful when ordering. I sure am from now on!!!

torit8
4/3/17

I ordered from Tobi over a week ago and my item has still yet to be shipped... i received an email saying they were processing my order still.... ridiculous.

sarahy38
4/1/17

I bought two dresses at the suggestions of friends and the material was cheap and the way it was designed to hold dresses together was stupidly designed. Total rip-off

mariay16
3/10/17

Tobi has always been one of my go-to online shopping sites due to their great sales and already-cheap prices. Recently I received the wrong size from what I ordered and it said I wouldn't be able to return or exchange it because it was sale item. But when I reached out to them about the issue, they responded literally within minutes (might have just got them at the right moment, but still) and the issue got resolved AND they gave me a 50% off coupon. I appreciate good customer service so much so they get five stars from me.

taniay7
3/9/17

Efficient communication, fast shipping, and very happy with my shoes! one of the few online boutiques that are legit and can be trusted.

mariam365
3/7/17

I'm surprised to see bad reviews. I've ordered from Tobi five times and never had any issues. I received everything I orderedno damaged items or wrong sizes..nothing. They have excellent customer service. One time one of my orders seemed to be taking a while to process, so I emailed them and got a response within the hour. Another time my order was taking a while to process, Tobi emailed me themselves to reassure me everything was fine and it'll ship soon. I agree a lot of their stuff is insanely overpriced (that's why I only gave 4 stars), but you can still find lots of affordable items, especially in their sale section. You can trust this site.

jeanb82
1/28/17

The quality of the clothing is awful, and the prices are outrageous. The fabric is cheap and absolutely unwearable. Horrible customer service, refused to give me a refund, even though it was delivered ripped. Horrible service, will not be coming back. Wouldn't even recommend to Trump, and I hate his guts

ivanetep
1/26/17

Pool quality! I ordered 2 different dresses and can't wear any ..cause look like a beach dress you can see through ,but is not a stylist for go to the beach !! so I didn't return cause I saw the review about returning and the bad costume services ,so just decided not ordering anything from tobi ever again!!!

tabb29
1/26/17

When you cancel and still get charged it is a sign of poor customer service. Attempts to contact by phone and quickly resolve the situation were met with a constant busy signal even after half a dozen attempts.

katiem95
1/24/17

I ordered three sweaters from Tobi and I absolutely LOVE them. They are my favorite items of clothing I own and I will be ordering again. I came onto this website to check the reviews before my order arrived and I was extremely nervous because of all the bad reviews. After seeing the order I don't know why there have been so many complaints about the quality of their clothing! The sweaters came exactly as I expected, in fact, better.

The only issue I had was that I chose express shipping and did not receive my order within the promised time frame. I emailed Tobi and they sent back a generic message that didn't reassure me that the problem would be fixed. They did ship the clothes several hours after I emailed, and it was the holiday season so overall, no harm done. I still highly recommend this site and would not be driven away by the negative criticisms! Many other of my friends order from this site and would say the same!

monicag33
1/20/17

I have ordered from this website four times now and all my experiences have been beyond expectation. My most recent order was $300 worth of clothing and I was a little paranoid because I have never spent that much money online and given the shipping process I was anxious it would get lost or something. I figured I wouldn't get my order for the max standard shipping days but I actually received my package in 3 days. I found my clothing to be true to size and it is very high quality and cute! I've also ordered shoes from Tobi which I also had no problems with. I've never had to deal with contacting customer service because all my orders have been what I expected! As far as sizing, just take your own measurements and compare them to Tobi's sizing chart and you should be good! Definitely will continue shopping on Tobi!

jonb88
1/12/17

Contacted Tobi customer service this evening and immediately received a response from Kelsy... She responded back to me multiple times over a 30 minutes span and did a great job of accepting my return which was outside of their normal timelines.

I did not expect them to accept the return or even provide me a free return shipping label, but they did.

Impressed with their responsiveness and customer service.

I don't post comments often but this was impressive and very helpful. Will shop with them again!

Jon Bitto

capeb1
12/28/16

Customer service is terrible. They dont read your concerns about an item you ordered weeks ago. They just reply with automatic response that says it takes 2 business days for item to processed and ship out. Bye Tobi.

kelseyl10
12/16/16

Such a waste of money -

I ordered dec. 2nd, on dec. 10th the refunded half my order and said they were out of stock A WEEK after i paid and ordered. Then the package took another week to deliver arrived AFTER my event that i need the dress for, and it was final sale and i couldnt return it.

Over all a garbage site.

dougp36
12/7/16

Found Tobi web site while searching for sweaters for my wife. Hit a sale at the right time and ordered 4 sweater dresses that were on sale. Order was shipped in 2 days and all the items were correct. Material was high quality and not one flaw on all 4 sweater dresses. Items were packed well and I have no complaints about their products or service. Read a lot of reviews after I ordered and thought this site must be a rip off with all the bad complaints. I will shop with Tobi again soon with the right sale. So my experience with them was great. Have all your billing and shipping information correct and check what the materials are of the item you are ordering and pick the correct size. That will make things go real smooth and remember they are closed on the weekend.

alanaj
11/13/16

I don't usually contribubte to reviews, but this site helped me with my own first Tobi purchase so I figured I should pay it forward.

I LOVE my Tobi items and will definitely be back to order more. Delivery was fast, customer service by email was friendly and quick to respond, and the items are so trendy and cute. I am more than thrilled and will definitely be back for more.

I heard about the site two years ago from a friend who strongly recommended their dresses. Since then, I've checked out what they have throughout the seaons, and finally made an account and pulled the trigger.

As others have said - you will pay customs upon delivery, you must carefully read the size charts as always with online shopping (have a measuring tape handy), and look VERY closely at pictures of the items to make sure they're what you think you're ordering.

Tobi's styles a trendy and VERY reasonable with their 50% off sales compared to any other online sites with similar styles and quality. If you're debating your first order, definitely read the reviews here and go for it

jesst17
11/9/16

First they over charged me $30 shipping fee. Took a while but got it back.
Bought a romper set a size bigger because they don't have my size. I couldn't even wear it because they are too big on me. I returned the items and they accused for returning "damaged item". I tried it on once and NEVER wore it after. All the tags are still on and they won't let me return the items and make me pay $5 to ship it back to me. It's ridiculous! I returned the item the way I was received. And the point is when they showed me pictures of the "damaged" (which is dirty) part I can barely see it. I love the set and would love to keep them if they actually fit me.

kenyab3
11/9/16

I always wanted to order from Tobi, and even had friends who had great experiences with the site. But not me! I ordered my clothing (hoping I could get cute pieces for an upcoming vacation) during their site wide 50% off sale. I thought it was a bit weird that my order was process for a long time, over 3 business days. Today, I got an email saying one of my purchases is no longer available in my size. No big deal, but then when I checked my order, since that dress was removed I was no longer eligible for free shipping and had a shipping charge pending on my order. I decided to cancel my whole order as this was useless to me now. One good thing though is the customer service sent me an email about the issue and responded very quickly when I wanted to cancel. Good thing my credit card wasn't charged, there was only a hold on it so no refund transaction would be needed. TBH their sales are great, but due to the high volume of orders, their inventory does not match with the site which really sucks. Going to just stick ordering locally or at the mall for now.

monicac52
11/7/16

Hope you like the clothing you bought, because good luck trying to return it or speak to anyone in customer service. There are NO phone numbers to call them, nor will they give you one. They hide behind their emails. They make ludicrous allegations and refuse returns. The clothing isn't very well made in my opinion, so you are better off shopping somewhere else. I've read other posts that say this company is one of several that are a scam....and I believe it.

lexinac
11/3/16

My products came very quickly (3 business days) and I'm located in New York. The products were also exactly what I thought- no problem at all. It was my first time ordering from Tobi and I will do it again.

46 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
simmiev
simmie v.
on 7/18/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

17 Photos for Tobi