Review of Tobi

South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
help@tobi.com

chloew21
7/26/17

I've ordered twice from this website and both times I was very pleased with the quality and shipping time! I selected the free shipping and my package came 2 days later, how amazing! Also with both my orders I made errors (size and color) and emailed customer service right away after realizing and in less than 5 minutes they emailed back saying they had fixed the mistakes! How awesome I love this site

heatherd70
7/21/17

So there's lots of negative reviews for Tobi out there which kind of surprises me, but when I read them I realize that these people's expectations are skewed. I have ordered plenty of items from Tobi (usually when they are on sale) because they seem to always have exactly what is on trend. That being said, they can also be pretty cheap, which is definitely a plus, but let's be real - when you're getting a trendy long sleeved romper online for $25 when they're usually $60+ everywhere else, the "quality" of the romper might not be up to par with others you have seen. The clothes are not made for longevity, they're trendy options for people who are trying to save some money but without skimping on style, and THAT'S OK! Also, they are very upfront and clear with their processes, shipping times, customer service, returns, etc. Another huge plus is you can often get free shipping and free returns on orders, which is huge! When making these transactions online, you can't expect immediate delivery on either side, it's just unreasonable.

My final thoughts on my experiences thus far: When I did email recently about the status of a return I made, I got a response within 10 minutes and the attendant was super nice and helpful. I have gotten items that have surpassed my expectations in quality, and some that were a little too sheer, small, delicate, etc. This is never a problem because I just ship those items back for free and forget about it and eventually the money is back in my bank account. Overall Tobi is a very great site to get some cute items for less, as long as you know what to expect!

kelleys24
7/21/17

Made a large purchase off this website during one of their massive discount sales. Everything I recieved I recieved in a timely manner & was processed at the boarder (I live in Canada) with no problems. I recieved multiple emails not only from tobi, in regards to my tracking information but also from DHL. Making tracking my package a breeze. As for the quality of clothes I am not disappointed. Think somewhere between H&M and Zara depending on the item and price point. I purchased a mix of both their medium and high end priced items. Full disclosure I do have a very standard fit body, making sizing not much of an issue for me personally. I am aware that that is not the case for everyone. Some of the items I ordered were better quality than others, so do take note of prices and what each item is made of. All together though there was no piece noticably low quality for the price points the site offers. For trendy pieces that won't break the bank I would recommend Tobi and I will be shopping here again. Only reason I did not give a full 5/5 was it was the quality I expected, it did not exceed expectations.

annw99
7/20/17

They took forever to get a refund back! Amazon is so much better! I usually don't return things but I had to return 1 dress that was too big. Such a hassle! Since, I stopped ordering from them

lillym15
7/12/17

I ordered two packages from this website days apart for vacation.
The first package went completely missing. It never arrived and though USPS (which is awful!! Is Tobi too cheap to use UPS or FedEx?) said my item was delivered I never received it. It never came to my door step or in the mail. When I contacted Tobi through their customer service (which is email ONLY) they said there was nothing they could do but open an "investigation". No refund, no new package, nothing. So basically I gave over $75 to their company and received nothing for it. As similar things have happened to me with Amazon and they sent me a new one right away I was disgusted by the lack of care or concern for a quality experience.

My second package came with a dress that was too large even in their smallest size XS. I wanted to exchange it but they told me the only way this was possible was if I wanted to order the same exact dress in a different size. If the dress was too big in the SMALLEST size why would I order it in any other size? So in reality its not an actual exchange. You can't choose another dress you have to return the original and buy a whole new one including shipping and all. I am returning my dress but absolutely I am not purchasing from this website ever again. Now I'm out over $100 and still needing 3 dresses for my vacation.

Tip for consumers: Pray it comes in right the first time because the customer service is atrocious.

kristend30
7/4/17

We received the dress that was supposed to be for a wedding. The dress was not the size it stated per chart, and it fit all wrong about the waist. I sent the dress back, and heard nothing. The dress was never worn, and had been tried on, it was sent back in the same condition as it was received in their same packaging with their return label. They stated that the dress had white marks on it and was not sellable, but I could pay 5.00 within 2 days of the email. Which I received in junk mail from a person, and that I could get the dress back otherwise the matter was settled. I feel they are thieves and either resold the dress or their returns person had one hell of a free frock. I would highly recommend you to stay away from this place. The dresses are from China anyway. I would give this place 0 stars!!!

maarsellel
Maarselle L.
6/21/17

I bought almost all of my dresses on Tobi and I am always very surprised how great the quality and the fit of those clothes are ! I am always disappointed when I order from else where and I think prices are good according to every 50% off event they make

reneeg33
6/21/17

Unfortunately this company seems to deliver to wrong addresses frequently. They don't seem to have a quality assurance task that allows them to deliver the correctly deliver to the right state. Not sure what has happened with this company. I do not recommend ordering from them anymore.

abbyc15
6/16/17

I was excited to try this site, because the clothes looked cute and it seemed like a reputable place. However, when my package finally arrived on my doorstep 10 days later from across the country, it was completely open. I don't mean it was ripped open, I mean it was never sealed at any time. there's a silver sticker you remove so you can seal the bag, and that was still attached to the bag. I don't know why Tobi wouldn't close the bag?? Or anyone else for that matter. Anyway, luckily nothing was lost that I know of. I ordered a few different dresses because I'm trying to decide for my bachelorette party, and the quality and fit of some of the dresses was absolutely horrible, but others weren't so bad. I'm not so sure I'll be using this site again.

alyl2
5/4/17

I would never purchase from this website again. The dress I ordered looked absolutely nothing like the displayed photo of it.

ss255
5/3/17

I purchased a few items from Tobi back in 2014, and while their service was fine the quality of the clothes and shoes (I bought 1 sandal and 1 pair of boots, as well as a romper) were lacking. I would not repurchase. There are many other online sites that will give you a similar product for a better price.

michelleh214
5/1/17

I bought a final sale dress and when I got the dress 2 buttons were missing and a rip in the dress. They said they will not let it be returned or refunded. Do NOT buy final sale items because of this very reason.

sophiah24
4/27/17

I purchased 3 items off of Tobi and noticed that the order processing time was taking a few days. I emailed customer support and received a response from them within the same day telling that their processing time was 2-5 business days. I shortly received a shipment confirmation email that my items had been mailed out. I received them a few days afterwards and all the items had arrived as expected. The clothes are very cute and you can find good items in the clearance section for very cheap but decent quality.

shannonr73
4/21/17

I placed 2 orders when I ordered from Tobi for the first time to take advantage of a sale. I ordered 3 dresses in the first order, and 2 bodysuits and one skirt in the second. They both arrived on the expected day- except, however, upon opening one of the packages, I realized they sent me someone else's order! It didn't even have my name on it! Obviously frustrated, I emailed them immediately demanding my original order.

I'll say this, they do have good customer service. Someone responded immediately, apologized, and told me they would reship my real order. Unfortunately, one of the dresses from that order was now out of stock, but I was refunded for that item, and they overnight express-ed my two other dresses.

However, the quality of their clothing is the real reason I will not order from Tobi again. Their pictures make their clothes look gorgeous and good quality, but in person they just aren't. Both dresses I ordered came in looking like they were made out of that cheap plastic birthday table covering, and were lined with wrinkle lines from packaging. The body suits were ok, but not worth $40, more like $10. The dress was again very wrinkled and the pleats were terribly misshapen. Not to mention everything was just a little too big to be a medium.

Very disappointed, but should have expected it from a cheap online clothing store I saw on a Facebook ad.

Tip for consumers: Definitely avoid their nicer dresses- they will not look good enough to wear to a formal event.

tamarj1
4/13/17

Before you make a purchase at TOBI be sure to check their Terms&Policy's!!!

I'm from Holland and ordered one jacket online at TOBI. The site says Free delivery to the Netherlands which sounds very tempting, right? Well.. they sure have tricked me into their scam because when I finally received the package (after 3 weeks) I had to pay 17,86 euros extra for the delivery. I went back to their site because I was sure when I made my purchase that it said free delivery but than I saw in their shipping policy in tiny writing at the bottom: "Orders from the Netherlands may be subject to customs and duties fees upon arrival. All applicable customs fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer. In addition, some orders may experience customs delays." and the site also said this: "Shipping fees are non-refundable. If you refuse any shipments from tobi.com, you will be held responsible for the original shipping charges, plus the cost of returning the package to us. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise refund". So you HAVE to pay it even if you refuse the package! and than also have to pay for the return of the package!! I think this is very sneaky. So be careful when ordering. I sure am from now on!!!

torit8
4/3/17

I ordered from Tobi over a week ago and my item has still yet to be shipped... i received an email saying they were processing my order still.... ridiculous.

sarahy38
4/1/17

I bought two dresses at the suggestions of friends and the material was cheap and the way it was designed to hold dresses together was stupidly designed. Total rip-off

mariay16
3/10/17

Tobi has always been one of my go-to online shopping sites due to their great sales and already-cheap prices. Recently I received the wrong size from what I ordered and it said I wouldn't be able to return or exchange it because it was sale item. But when I reached out to them about the issue, they responded literally within minutes (might have just got them at the right moment, but still) and the issue got resolved AND they gave me a 50% off coupon. I appreciate good customer service so much so they get five stars from me.

taniay7
3/9/17

Efficient communication, fast shipping, and very happy with my shoes! one of the few online boutiques that are legit and can be trusted.

mariam365
3/7/17

I'm surprised to see bad reviews. I've ordered from Tobi five times and never had any issues. I received everything I orderedno damaged items or wrong sizes..nothing. They have excellent customer service. One time one of my orders seemed to be taking a while to process, so I emailed them and got a response within the hour. Another time my order was taking a while to process, Tobi emailed me themselves to reassure me everything was fine and it'll ship soon. I agree a lot of their stuff is insanely overpriced (that's why I only gave 4 stars), but you can still find lots of affordable items, especially in their sale section. You can trust this site.

jeanb82
1/28/17

The quality of the clothing is awful, and the prices are outrageous. The fabric is cheap and absolutely unwearable. Horrible customer service, refused to give me a refund, even though it was delivered ripped. Horrible service, will not be coming back. Wouldn't even recommend to Trump, and I hate his guts

ivanetep
1/26/17

Pool quality! I ordered 2 different dresses and can't wear any ..cause look like a beach dress you can see through ,but is not a stylist for go to the beach !! so I didn't return cause I saw the review about returning and the bad costume services ,so just decided not ordering anything from tobi ever again!!!

tabb29
1/26/17

When you cancel and still get charged it is a sign of poor customer service. Attempts to contact by phone and quickly resolve the situation were met with a constant busy signal even after half a dozen attempts.

katiem95
1/24/17

I ordered three sweaters from Tobi and I absolutely LOVE them. They are my favorite items of clothing I own and I will be ordering again. I came onto this website to check the reviews before my order arrived and I was extremely nervous because of all the bad reviews. After seeing the order I don't know why there have been so many complaints about the quality of their clothing! The sweaters came exactly as I expected, in fact, better.

The only issue I had was that I chose express shipping and did not receive my order within the promised time frame. I emailed Tobi and they sent back a generic message that didn't reassure me that the problem would be fixed. They did ship the clothes several hours after I emailed, and it was the holiday season so overall, no harm done. I still highly recommend this site and would not be driven away by the negative criticisms! Many other of my friends order from this site and would say the same!

monicag33
1/20/17

I have ordered from this website four times now and all my experiences have been beyond expectation. My most recent order was $300 worth of clothing and I was a little paranoid because I have never spent that much money online and given the shipping process I was anxious it would get lost or something. I figured I wouldn't get my order for the max standard shipping days but I actually received my package in 3 days. I found my clothing to be true to size and it is very high quality and cute! I've also ordered shoes from Tobi which I also had no problems with. I've never had to deal with contacting customer service because all my orders have been what I expected! As far as sizing, just take your own measurements and compare them to Tobi's sizing chart and you should be good! Definitely will continue shopping on Tobi!

Helpful answer

I live in New Zealand and wasn't charged anything for taxes for my order!

By Lucy R. on 5/27/13
Helpful answer

Cancel the order until the error has been corrected. It's too hard to get a refund from them after the fact.

By Linda K. on 9/6/15
Helpful answer

I live in the Bay Area outside of their SF headquarters so I've rec'd my items with in 3-4 days typically.

By Liz G. on 8/24/15
Helpful answer

With your best interest in mind, I would advise that you return in separate packages with labels from each order and watch it closely from beginning to end of the return so it doesn't slip through the cracks. Get a tracking number for each also.

By Linda K. on 4/25/15
Helpful answer

You should definitely use a measuring tape and measure your bust, hips, etc. Then compare to the size chart! :) I did that and ordered a large in everything and it fits perfect for me!

By Monica G. on 1/11/17
Helpful answer

No. I've ordered three days ago and my order is still processing.

By Sophie E. on 12/27/16

Did you get it on time?

By G H. on 3/15/16
Helpful answer

Hey Lizzy, Im from Canada and mine came within 1 week :) Cross your fingers your will be on time for that party!

By Paige L. on 12/7/15
Helpful answer

I measured myself first and compared it to the chart and decided to go with xs. When i got the dress it fit exactly according to the size chart. So if i were an inch to big then the dress wouldn't have fit, luckily it did. So yeah, the size chart is pretty exact, at least with the dress i got.

By Naomi z. on 10/17/15
Helpful answer

Most likely 3 days. It took three business days when I was in Paris even and they said a month!

By Hope H. on 7/18/15
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Tobi