US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jeanb82
1/28/17

The quality of the clothing is awful, and the prices are outrageous. The fabric is cheap and absolutely unwearable. Horrible customer service, refused to give me a refund, even though it was delivered ripped. Horrible service, will not be coming back. Wouldn't even recommend to Trump, and I hate his guts

ivanetep
1/26/17

Pool quality! I ordered 2 different dresses and can't wear any ..cause look like a beach dress you can see through ,but is not a stylist for go to the beach !! so I didn't return cause I saw the review about returning and the bad costume services ,so just decided not ordering anything from tobi ever again!!!

tabb29
1/26/17

When you cancel and still get charged it is a sign of poor customer service. Attempts to contact by phone and quickly resolve the situation were met with a constant busy signal even after half a dozen attempts.

katiem95
1/24/17

I ordered three sweaters from Tobi and I absolutely LOVE them. They are my favorite items of clothing I own and I will be ordering again. I came onto this website to check the reviews before my order arrived and I was extremely nervous because of all the bad reviews. After seeing the order I don't know why there have been so many complaints about the quality of their clothing! The sweaters came exactly as I expected, in fact, better.

The only issue I had was that I chose express shipping and did not receive my order within the promised time frame. I emailed Tobi and they sent back a generic message that didn't reassure me that the problem would be fixed. They did ship the clothes several hours after I emailed, and it was the holiday season so overall, no harm done. I still highly recommend this site and would not be driven away by the negative criticisms! Many other of my friends order from this site and would say the same!

monicag33
1/20/17

I have ordered from this website four times now and all my experiences have been beyond expectation. My most recent order was $300 worth of clothing and I was a little paranoid because I have never spent that much money online and given the shipping process I was anxious it would get lost or something. I figured I wouldn't get my order for the max standard shipping days but I actually received my package in 3 days. I found my clothing to be true to size and it is very high quality and cute! I've also ordered shoes from Tobi which I also had no problems with. I've never had to deal with contacting customer service because all my orders have been what I expected! As far as sizing, just take your own measurements and compare them to Tobi's sizing chart and you should be good! Definitely will continue shopping on Tobi!

jonb88
1/12/17

Contacted Tobi customer service this evening and immediately received a response from Kelsy... She responded back to me multiple times over a 30 minutes span and did a great job of accepting my return which was outside of their normal timelines.

I did not expect them to accept the return or even provide me a free return shipping label, but they did.

Impressed with their responsiveness and customer service.

I don't post comments often but this was impressive and very helpful. Will shop with them again!

Jon Bitto

capeb1
12/28/16

Customer service is terrible. They dont read your concerns about an item you ordered weeks ago. They just reply with automatic response that says it takes 2 business days for item to processed and ship out. Bye Tobi.

kelseyl10
12/16/16

Such a waste of money -

I ordered dec. 2nd, on dec. 10th the refunded half my order and said they were out of stock A WEEK after i paid and ordered. Then the package took another week to deliver arrived AFTER my event that i need the dress for, and it was final sale and i couldnt return it.

Over all a garbage site.

dougp36
12/7/16

Found Tobi web site while searching for sweaters for my wife. Hit a sale at the right time and ordered 4 sweater dresses that were on sale. Order was shipped in 2 days and all the items were correct. Material was high quality and not one flaw on all 4 sweater dresses. Items were packed well and I have no complaints about their products or service. Read a lot of reviews after I ordered and thought this site must be a rip off with all the bad complaints. I will shop with Tobi again soon with the right sale. So my experience with them was great. Have all your billing and shipping information correct and check what the materials are of the item you are ordering and pick the correct size. That will make things go real smooth and remember they are closed on the weekend.

alanaj
11/13/16

I don't usually contribubte to reviews, but this site helped me with my own first Tobi purchase so I figured I should pay it forward.

I LOVE my Tobi items and will definitely be back to order more. Delivery was fast, customer service by email was friendly and quick to respond, and the items are so trendy and cute. I am more than thrilled and will definitely be back for more.

I heard about the site two years ago from a friend who strongly recommended their dresses. Since then, I've checked out what they have throughout the seaons, and finally made an account and pulled the trigger.

As others have said - you will pay customs upon delivery, you must carefully read the size charts as always with online shopping (have a measuring tape handy), and look VERY closely at pictures of the items to make sure they're what you think you're ordering.

Tobi's styles a trendy and VERY reasonable with their 50% off sales compared to any other online sites with similar styles and quality. If you're debating your first order, definitely read the reviews here and go for it

jesst17
11/9/16

First they over charged me $30 shipping fee. Took a while but got it back.
Bought a romper set a size bigger because they don't have my size. I couldn't even wear it because they are too big on me. I returned the items and they accused for returning "damaged item". I tried it on once and NEVER wore it after. All the tags are still on and they won't let me return the items and make me pay $5 to ship it back to me. It's ridiculous! I returned the item the way I was received. And the point is when they showed me pictures of the "damaged" (which is dirty) part I can barely see it. I love the set and would love to keep them if they actually fit me.

kenyab3
11/9/16

I always wanted to order from Tobi, and even had friends who had great experiences with the site. But not me! I ordered my clothing (hoping I could get cute pieces for an upcoming vacation) during their site wide 50% off sale. I thought it was a bit weird that my order was process for a long time, over 3 business days. Today, I got an email saying one of my purchases is no longer available in my size. No big deal, but then when I checked my order, since that dress was removed I was no longer eligible for free shipping and had a shipping charge pending on my order. I decided to cancel my whole order as this was useless to me now. One good thing though is the customer service sent me an email about the issue and responded very quickly when I wanted to cancel. Good thing my credit card wasn't charged, there was only a hold on it so no refund transaction would be needed. TBH their sales are great, but due to the high volume of orders, their inventory does not match with the site which really sucks. Going to just stick ordering locally or at the mall for now.

monicac52
11/7/16

Hope you like the clothing you bought, because good luck trying to return it or speak to anyone in customer service. There are NO phone numbers to call them, nor will they give you one. They hide behind their emails. They make ludicrous allegations and refuse returns. The clothing isn't very well made in my opinion, so you are better off shopping somewhere else. I've read other posts that say this company is one of several that are a scam....and I believe it.

lexinac
11/3/16

My products came very quickly (3 business days) and I'm located in New York. The products were also exactly what I thought- no problem at all. It was my first time ordering from Tobi and I will do it again.

ashr54
10/15/16

This is the second time I've used tobi and I'm not sure why people have bad opinions. This time I took the plunge and bought a jacket and honestly it fits great. Material wasn't as thick as I had hoped but im still very happy.

I purchased both my tops a size bigger than usual which i was ok with and they were on sale so I had no choice but super happy I did.

Shipping said 3-5days and I got it in one. I'm in Eastern/Central Canada

jillh48
10/13/16

I've only ordered form them once but I can already tell that I will be back for more. I was attracted by their 50% off discount for first-time shoppers which I used to purchase two dresses, one romper and a belt.

Price: Having the discount was definitely handy but seeing the quality of the items, I wouldn't mind paying full price for all of them. I do recommend checking out their discounted items and, if you're an avid trend shopper, keeping an active eye out because they put a lot of great items on sale! (Coupon excluded, one of my dresses was on sale for 80% off.)

Quality: The items are of great material. That being said, I only chose dark colors so I can't vouch for any transparency/thinness of lighter-colored items. The cotton dresses are of a nice quality and my polyester romper is light and airy, perfect for the summer/spring. They look true to the image online. My belt had nicely detailed hardware. The leather is alright; I could see it not withstanding everyday constant use, but it is more than sufficient for occasionally spicing up your outfit.

Sizes: I am 5'6" ~120lbs and I ordered small for all my dresses. I have no problems with the fitting at all. (I am also a small when shopping in mainstream stores like F21, H&M, etc, if you're looking for reference.) The romper is about an inch longer than I expected but that's because I'm shorter than their models, so definitely consider that when you're purchasing your clothes! Nonetheless, I love the romper and will be wearing it a lot.

Shipment: My order was made on Oct 5. I got an email for order confirmation on Oct 6. The package arrived at my house (Florida) on Oct 11. This also accounts for a shipment delay due to the hurricane conditions in my area. Overall, fast shipping and reliable tracking. The package arrived unharmed and everything inside was so nicely labeled and packed in their individual bags! You can tell that they are very organized and careful with their business.

I will definitely update my reviews once I encounter problems in my future purchases, but so far, Tobi have earned a new happy customer.

jillianv4
10/11/16

Really surprised with some of the bad reviews, I've ordered from Tobi at least 6 times and never had any issues. The items always turn out looking how I thought and they are really cute! The only somewhat major problem I've had is with a pair of autumn leaf shorts that have a hole in the crotch due to the seam unraveling, this was after I had worn them so I'm not sure if it was there before or after.

Some of my favorite clothes are from this site and it's my number one place to online shop, I hope everyone has as good of an experience with this site as I do! For delivery it has never taken more than a week. I live in NY.

alanaw5
10/2/16

I don't know why Tobi is getting so many bad reviews?! Some of my cutest tops and dresses are from Tobi. And I'm a tall girl and ALWAYS have trouble with sizing when it comes to cheap clothing sites. I've never had this problem with Tobi. There have been a handful of things I've had to return because they didn't fit right or weren't what I expected. However isn't this the risk you take with ANY online shopping site? They make returns quick and easy and have always responded to my emails within less than 24 hours. I recommend Tobi to all my friends and have gotten a few them totally hooked!

abbyb17
9/12/16

If I could give them a 0 I would. Worst shopping experience EVER. I have been trying to get the short I ordered for 3 months now. I ordered it in June, it was too big but they don't do exchanges. Had to send it back fr a refund, it took 3 weeks for them to give me my money back. Then I had to wait for them to do another 50% off sale since that how I ordered the shirt the first time, finally reordered it and have been waiting 2 months now for it to get here... They corrected my address to Manhattan, not Brooklyn. So they sent my order back. Then told me I would have to pay a shipping fee to have it sent to my correct address. After going back and forth with customer service for a while they finally sent my package out again. But I wasn't there so they claimed they left a notice, which I never received. I had to either go pick it up at an unknown location or reschedule delivery. I rescheduled and they never came back. I talked to customer service again and they told me to just contact my local post office and see if it was there. So helpful... Not. This is my first time shopping here and I still have not gotten my one top I bought 3 months ago. WORST STORE EVER. Never ever shopping here again.

gabbys8
9/9/16

I have ordered from
Tobi THREE separate times. I dislike every single item I buy every time. They look nothing like the pictures it's cheap material and their sizing is completely off. I bought an S and it was too big I bought a Medium and it was like an XL. I bought an xs and it was still too big. Literally the pictures online look nothing like what comes in the mail.

alexb180
8/22/16

I used tobi often a couple years ago when the clothes were still good quality and reasonably priced. Now the clothes are extremely cheap, flimsy material, and don't even think about anything white as there isn't a chance it won't be see through. They brag about free returns, but I returned two items a month ago and still have yet to even see it processed in my tobi account. I've emailed them and only received an automated reply that they expect to see my return processed shortly. Completely ridiculous company- don't waste your time and money.

brib6
7/31/16

I noticed several negative reviews and felt that after my good experience I should post a positive review of my own.

I am not sure if maybe I was just one of the lucky ones, but I am very pleased with my experience. I ordered a dress, a monokini, shorts and a kimono from tobi earlier last week and received it yesterday.

The fabric used for each item is very nice, no loose threads or crooked hems. They all appear to look just like the pictures on their site, too. I was so happy that they fit well also (I am pear shaped with a big booty and petite up top) since it is always difficult to know whether I'm going to be a small, medium and sometimes even large depending on the store.

They seem to have sales quite frequently as well as new styles often. They shipped with free 2 day priority shipping as well, which is a great bonus to me. I'm sad to see many other people had negative experiences, and I felt the need to post positively. I definitely will be ordering from tobi again. :)

emilyp31
7/19/16

i've only wrote on other review in my life lol and only feel the need to write reviews when i feel strongly on something and i love love love tobi.com!!! seriously have ordered probably 12 different things from here. everytime my package has arrived on time and the items fit very well. obviously the product is not going to be PERFECT seeing as its an online store and the prices are pretty cheap. but in no means would i ever say the quality is bad. recently i ordered something on a friday and freaked out because i made the purchase and THEN read that they dont process orders on weekends (which is normal) and that my shipping method was 3-5 buisness days (which i picked aka not tobi's fault) so i was worried i would not get it on time (the following friday was when i needed it) and i emailed them right away asking if there was anything i could do. they were honest with me and said it may arrive on time but for a better change i should purchase the express shipping for $25 extra which wasnt bad because i only bought a $22 dress... i told them to go ahead and do that. i had been in CONSTANT contact with their staff... and i mean constant they responded right away.their were some technical issues with my debit card and i actually got a CALL from what seemed to be one of the head staff or something and she assured me she was going to give me free express shipping and make sure herself that my package was shipping out that day. i was seriously so thankful and happy. i would 100% recommend this site to ANYONE. no bs

taniag5
7/1/16

I received my package, tried it on, and sealed it back up to return it! It was awful. the sizes are not true to size and the material looks like it's from the dollar store....not worth it

nikin1
7/1/16

All the clothes I got looked NOTHING like the picture and the quality was awful. I was disappointed with everything do not waste your time with this site. I received my package late and now they won't let me return it and so all my money is lost. THIS IS A WASTE AND AWFUL CLOTHES.

41 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tobi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
julies151
Julie S.
on 1/11/17
Answer
monicag33
Monica G.
A: You should definitely use a measuring tape and measure your bust, hips, etc. Then compare to the size chart! :) I did that and ordered a large in everything and it fits perfect for me!
on 1/20/17