US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dianew69
1/7/17

If you're looking for a great deal as a buyer, it pays to keep an eye on thredUP's constantly evolving stock. You get 40% off your first order and there are deals to be had. HOWEVER, if you're sending in clothes, be prepared to get a few bucks max on your items. I've sent in clothes 3 times and within the past couple of weeks, they no longer process everything for free. There's a 9.99 shipping/handling fee that really cuts into your credit. This never used to be the case (you'd pay only if you wanted your items returned).

If you're sending in like-new merchandise, thredUP is not the place to get top dollar. If you're looking to easily unload extra stuff in your closet and don't really care about money, fine. But you could get more $ on ebay if you put a little work into it. thredUP is a business so people saying it's extortion or they rip you off, well, you have to know they need to turn a profit. They pay out pennies and then jack up the price.

My advice? Take advantage of the first-time buyer 40% off offer and then shop and sell elsewhere.

rebeccah78
1/7/17

Great clothing for a small price! I like to change my wardrobe a lot and with this site I can afford to! Great clothing, great prices!

chara39
1/6/17

I enjoy doing business with you. Just wish prices were lower on quality items.

mercedess6
1/6/17

I love that I can see the actual items and not a stock image of them. The clothing is very well kept, prices are reasonable and the fashion is up to date.

irenef24
1/6/17

I sent them 13 pieces of clothes. Majority of them has original price tags on it. They charge a substantial fee just to process and handle it. They paid 4 pieces around $7 each, and never return the remaining. For brand new clothes (worth at least hundreds), I feel extremely cheated. Don't even bother to sell your fine clothes to them (brand new with price tags) they rip you off.

izabelap2
1/6/17

The items were well described so the fit is great. The packaging was awesome: nicely folded in a pretty box with elegant tissue, even the details like the invoice tucked in the tabs of the box and a little mission-statement booklet - all that makes you feel you really are getting good quality items. Plus they are all ready to wear: no second-hand shop smell or need to clean. Very happy with my purchase!

jenniferw195
1/6/17

I love the idea of recycling clothing and saving money. This is a great website. The only thing I don't like it the time it takes to ship the items.
Usually because I am so excited and want the item as soon as I see them.
All in all a great company!

esthers24
1/6/17

The shopping never seems to be accurate, it keeps changing another date out. Also I never received an email for my order. I had to go I to my account to make sure it went through.

catonat
1/6/17

I sent a huge bag of almost new branded (JCrew, Banana Republic, Gymboree etc.) clothes and they decided to pay out a measly $12 for it. When I checked the prices of the clothes online, they are selling them for well over TEN TIMES that amount. Then they proceeded to deduct $9.99 for shipping leaving me with $1.71 for clothes that thredup is selling for more than $120.
This website is extorting sellers. This is beyond unfair and simply appalling. I will not ever sell or buy from this website again and I hope people know their unfair practices and will do the same.

maryl309
1/6/17

I purchased a pair of navy blue patent leather J Crew flats. Just what I had been looking for. The color is a perfect navy and the shoes are in fantastic condition. Leather all over and a comfortable fit. I cannot pay 100s of dollars for name-brand shoes, so the price I paid was extremely affordable.
It's fun shopping on thredUp, and the prices are just right for me.

dawnj21
1/6/17

The clothes are great. Doubled my wardrobe for a quarter the price. Did have to return some items since they didn't fit right but it was very quick and easy (I did store credit). Only comment-they list chest size and length on dresses (very helpful since brand sizing varies a lot) but I could use another measurement (waist, hip) to help since the description of the style of the dress was sometimes wrong or confusing.

wendyc80
1/6/17

Second time I've bought from Thred up. Quality and pricing are great and what an awesome way to help recycle!

karynm5
1/6/17

I have ordered a few items from Thred Up. They are packaged so nicely I feel like I'm getting a gift every time I open a package from them. Items are quality, unique and appear just as they do online. I'm so happy I found Thred Up!

ingridt6
1/6/17

The package that I received was neatly packed. It certainly looks like the shipping department takes pride in their work.

jessicap124
1/6/17

I went on looking for used leotards because my daughter is trying dance and finished with a seemingly never worn leotard for her and a beautiful Banana Republic sweater for myself. As a bonus I found $4 tap shoes in her size, which she has been clicking around the house in, just delighted.

elizabeths178
1/6/17

I won't be using their services again. They move to slowly when it comes to processing your clothes and paying you. The amounts they pay for clothes are comically small given the value. It's a better deal to go to a different site or a local consignment shop.

kristenc24
1/6/17

I sent in a bag with about 20 items in it. They claimed to only want 4 of these items to resell. They paid me $1.50 for all 4 items. One item has already sold for $10.99.
For some reason when you buy something, it starts on a FedEx truck and then gets transferred to your post office. This delays the shipping by at least a day, when the FedEx truck could have just delivered the package to me a day earlier instead of the post office.

christines110
1/5/17

I love my purchases from ThredUp - and I love reducing my footprint on the planet by recycling clothing!

cindyt40
1/5/17

Ordered a pair of shoes. They arrived on time and were exactly was i had expected. The shoes are in great shape. They look brand new! And i got them for way less that in the department stores.

bettyf16
1/5/17

I ordered a pair of keds and they just cancelled my order with no explanation. I think they owe me some kind of explanation.

marceym2
1/5/17

I have sent a few bags to ThredUp and I know that they claim to be very particular about the items that they will accept. However, the item I received had a bleach stain on the left arm and TWO spots of dried food on the right. The sweater was only $6.99 so it isn't worth it to return and pay the $8.99 return fee. Really disappointed

elidap
1/5/17

I love ordering from QVC! I am always satisfied with my products

janb83
1/5/17

I ordered a pair of leggings that arrived really quickly and in great shape. The leggings were just as described on the website and I was very pleased with the condition of them. I would encourage others to give thredUP a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised and come back for more,

amyh139
1/5/17

I appreciate the value and service however I am unable to get the free return shipping label because I am a DPO and they "Do not ship internationally." However a DPO address is a continental US address, and was designed for foreign service and military to be able to have their mail so the government pays to fly their mail to and from a US address. My other clothing services, such as Stitch Fix, that I order from understand this and it's really disappointing that Thred Up does not :(

victorias75
1/5/17

Nothing I have bought there fits--the sizes aren't true, and some of the clothes don't look clean. I would like to return all three items. Very bad experience.

106 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question