US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rw49
8/6/16

Just a little disappointed is all

michellef90
8/6/16

The items arrived quickly and were exactly as described. I had to return the flip flops b/c they were very uncomfortable (which is probably why they were basically brand new). But the return procedure is super easy and the store credit will definitely be used! Excellent place for buying kids' clothes at reasonable prices. I have yet to buy anything for myself, but certainly plan on it if I see something I like.

melissam133
8/6/16

2 garments missing (both the designer ones) got less than $1 each item that they did take. Not what they advertised and not worth the time of loading the bag and finding a FedEx to drop it at. I could have done far better at a local consignment shop or by myself online. I don't recommend it.

alanas8
8/6/16

My stuff was shipped to the wrong place. I was told it would be resent out. I have not gotten any information on this (no email etc). I only learned of the lack of shipment when I went to the FEDEX website. Nothing from ThreadUP. Tried to contact someone during working hours and there is only a general email. I had texted someone before but didn't feel satisfied as I am still not sure how I will get my stuff.

laurelg4
8/5/16

Just placed a big order (~$300) on Thredup (well, actually it was on JULY 23). I have been a loyal customer for a long time; in fact the night I placed this order of about 14 items, I referred someone to Thredup who did end up purchasing. I just started a new job in an extremely well-known nonprofit. I do not have a lot of money but I need to be business formal for interviews, meetings, and photo ops. I ordered through Thredup before I even started. I have recently moved and accidentally kept my old address. All I wanted was a simple address change. The first person I talked to said no problem and that it was taken care of; he then sent me a review option and I gave him full marks. Days passed by and although my shipping info stated "rerouted, no action needed", something just did not smell right. After five phone calls and various emails later, turns out no one, not even Thredup, knows where my order is. Their only solution was to refund me, no answer to an expedited shipping refund (I NEED these clothes starting MONDAY), let alone any hope of talking to an actual person. Absolutely disgusting. I have since taken back every good review, and every in-person referral I have given them thus far (I get asked almost daily about my outfits). I was previously a LikeTwice.com follower. They affiliated with Ebay and disappeared. I gave Thredup a chance and when I really, TRULY needed them, they MESSED UP. I'm not even confident that they will successfully figure out how to refund me. I am MAD. DO NOT trust important orders to these guys, I have yet to see any real resolution. SOOOOOO disappointed, can't even begin to express. I counted on them and they failed.

jennieo3
8/5/16

I ordered a skirt and a dress. Both were marked Medium.so I assumed they would fit me. I usually wear a size 6. They were both more like a petite/ or size 1.

stacya27
8/5/16

I am plus size, so I was searching for items under the plus size category assuming that they would be like a 1x in plus size.. I got leggings that wouldn't even fit a 5 year old they were so small. I wish they were a little more clear and better categorized their sizing. Oh, and while they do offer free returns, you still have to pay shipping so you're basically wasting $6 every time you order from them only to get a store credit back and have to waste more money and time on this site.

loisg11
8/5/16

I sent in a variety of items to ThreadUp. It took 6-8 weeks to get them processed. Some were bought at a pitifully small amount, a couple of items put on consignment and the rest given away. I got so little payback, that I will take them to a consignment store next time or give them away.
However, the buyer of these threads can get a deal....definitely not the seller!

jenniferb232
8/5/16

I love the concept of ThredUp but I am not having much luck personally. Out of five pieces ordered, only one fit well. One of the tops I ordered was completely sheer/see-through. I would not have bought it if I had this piece of information, and you couldn't tell from the photo. I think more detail in the descriptions sections would be very helpful here, either from the original owners or someone on the ThredUp staff. Things like "this dress runs very small" or "this top is sheer" would be helpful to know.

juliee19
8/5/16

I ordered a handbag and when it came it's the size of a wallet or child's play purse. Trying to return it is frustrating. Will not let me log into my account. There is no visible phone number to talk to a representative.

sharonm146
8/5/16

Great clothes, great prices, and wonderful service

sheilah39
8/5/16

I have no complaints , my purse is everything it said it would be. Very happy

evelync26
8/4/16

ThreadUp received my bag 7/5/16, I inquired regarding my bag "Lena (thredUP Customer Support)" informed me that my bag will be reviewed by 8/24/16. Not only did it take for someone to get back to me (3) days total, the text option is a joke as well, with no reply.
I sent very expensive items, I hope they don't try insult me with a $1-3.00 credit.
I was very weary about sending my items to this place, should of gone with my gut feeling.

lindar143
8/4/16

My order processed before I could enter a discount code. I feel this was because my AMX card was hard coded into my account. Possibly if I had known I would have been more cautious.

I did get confused when I received my shopping cart and the 40% off discount through my email. I was on a thirty minute deadline to keep my cart items. Had intended to go through and clean it up but then with the 40% I just went for it. Of course my code didn't go through and I found out if I had read carefully I would have known I didn't qualify for 40% because at some time I had used it for a pair of shoes.

The resouolution from ThreadUP was applying a 10% discount which I did have.
The very next day I received an email inviting me to spend my credit which I had used on my order.

In a nutshell I believe communication could be better. For example threadUP shows my free shipping up when I shop yet they had been showing my 40% off.
Even though it says for first time purchase I believe it is misleading when they send it in a personal email. The company is aware I don't have 40%.

I was mislead.

alainaw
8/4/16

The clothes are always in wonderful shape. They have a huge variety and the prices are great. The customer service tops the charts. I recommend thredUP daily!

sarahh194

Loved the options

heatherw65
8/4/16

This was my first experience with thredUP, and I couldn't be happier with my purchases. They all arrived about a week after I ordered them, they all looked exactly as presented on the website, and they all fit great! I wasn't aware of the great return policy you have until after I received my package, but it gives me peace of mind to know that I can return items if they aren't what I thought they were, or if they don't fit well. You have a future long-term customer here who is looking forward to doing business with you again!

thresac
8/4/16

Received all that I ordered.
It was packed with care.
Thank you.

amandar81
8/4/16

Product purchased was in "like new" condition. Mega fast shipping! Great shopping experience!

gwenh12
8/4/16

Never send them your items. You get nothing for them and when you do send them something THEY think is worth while, you have to wait so long to get your payout. Am still waiting for my payout after 3 weeks.

amandac128

A+

amberz2
8/4/16

I throughly enjoyed shopping the site. The is endless variety and the price point for the brands +quality is perfect. I truly got some steals!!
The one drawback is when buying on line, I cannot try on the items and a size small or medium in one brand may be a perfect fit while another brand is way off. I found the return process cumbersome and didn't bother.

carolynr29
8/4/16

I've never been a used clothing kind of gal, but a friend recommended thredUp so I tried it. WOW! I was amazed from packaging to product. Strong work, thredUp!

maryp149
8/4/16

Every item...! I'm redoing my wardrobe.. what a better way to do without spending a million dollars!! I started with coats and jackets for the fall (my favorite season :-)...) I now have up to date outerwear, a beautiful suede ruffle and a white silk jacket, trench coats and a wool coat!! My last purchase was for a work up date. This is the best site!!! Update away ladies.. and look you absolute stylish best!!

joannh16
8/4/16

Found the greatest little coat....dress up or dress down easily...machine washable, and fits like a glove....plus a great markdown. Couldn't be more pleased. Love "thredUP"!!!

85 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question