Review of thredUP

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jamied60
1/11/17

I sent in a huge bag of designer clothes, most of which they rejected ( which is reasonable since I dont expect them to spend time and money listings items they dont believe will yield a return). What I am not okay with is the way they split the proceeds on the accepted goods. In my case out of the 7 items they listed, I was given upfront a paltry $11.00. Then they went on to sell those 7 items pocketing approximately $60.00 more. Basically the split was 16% for me 84% for them. Can anyone say downright rip-off! I was under the impression the $11.00 upfront payment was payment 1, and that I would continue to receive additional monies as my items sold ( the consignment payment). Unfortunately thats not disclosed in the fine print. The upfront payout which is meager is all the money a supplier is given. Alternatively they may not even give you that and instead just put you on consignment. Even with that option you still only get a paltry 16% split. Either way you get hosed. Thredup however will go on to send you emails about how all your clothes are selling so well ( and how they are continuing to get rich off all your hard earned stuff). Once you realize you're not entitled to any of these proceeds, these emails only serve to further aggravate a person that you didn't just list them yourself on ebay in the first place!!! It would have actually been a great concept had it worked the way I originally envisioned. I mean who wouldn't love watching your stuff and profit balance simultaneously climb! Sadly that is not the deal here at all! Although I do like the sites concept, and I would shop here as a buyer, the ratio split for a prospective seller makes the premise of burning your clothes for fossil fuel a more attractive option than donating them to these shysters so they can grow rich off your hard earned stuff. If your expecting to participate in a fair business arrangement and to actually receive a reasonable split for all your hard earned stuff ( like 50/50 or at minimum 60/40 ..LOOK ELSEWHERE.

anna2162
1/11/17

I submitted a very large bag full of good quality items, some never used. It took over a month for them to process the bag. They accepted 30 items and my payout was only $4.95. What bothers me is that they have sent me emails saying 7 of my items have sold. I made about 15 cents per item. Waste of time. I would have felt better donating these items to charity.

josephinec14
1/11/17

I have sent about 6 bags all designer clothes. The bags take too long to process. Two bags processed for decent amounts the 3rd was total consignment? That I can do at my local shop I really don't need tredup. Sorry but I think I may just stick to local shops and Ebay. then donate the rest myself. I'm not sure why I'm paying you 9.99? You seem to be making lots more then me.

kristineg14
1/11/17

The quality of all garments I've purchased has been really great. The items are in near perfect/new condition and the variety of styles and brands is incredible. I've made 2 purchases so far and all aspects--from the available items, to purchasing, shipping and returns--has been easy. I'm a very happy customer!

emilym118
1/11/17

The items I bought were even nicer than I imagined! They come packaged so nicely and arrived very quickly. The clothes are perfectly clean... I wore the skirt right away!

sharonh99
1/11/17

I first used threadup to clean out my closet. Now I shop there. The purchases I have made have been terrific. Just as advertised. Love getting great brands and styles at a less expensive price.

carrieh27
1/11/17

Everything was just as described - size charts were great - shipping was fast and price was just right. I couldn't be more happy.

robinh104
1/11/17

I have ordered from ThredUp a couple of times now and perfect everytime! I check back every couple of days to see what is new and the great deals I can get!

nancyb187
1/11/17

Everything I have gotten has been in perfect condition. The clothes always smell fresh with a nice little tag. My kids and I can't wait for our orders to arrive. This is a very quality company.

kimc153
1/11/17

Great website!! I will be ordering more items in the future!! The quality of the items I received was exactly the way it was described. The prices are fantastic, as well!!

heidic20
1/11/17

thredUP have nice quality clothing at very reasonable prices. The clothing size chart is right on. I am having better luck shopping thru thredUP then in the stores.

crescentr
1/11/17

I really enjoyed my time on thredUP, loved the array of items to choose from and the low prices! Especially loved that I received my turquoise box so quickly that I am now happily wearing my cool clothes!

Thanks thredUP!
Crescent

juliek58
1/11/17

I thought I was getting a shoulder purse and it is not. I thought it would be like new as advertised and it was not.

celestew3
1/10/17

All my items shipped quickly and were in excellent condition! I forgot to apply my 40% off code and they did that for me, and also refunded me fully for a shirt I bought that wasn't quite up to their usual standards. I have rarely experienced such excellent customer service.

katzr
1/10/17

I was hesitant to buy at first but I could not resist the coat, it was so cute! Their service is quite good, I got the coat on time. And I'm waiting for my second order to come.

Thank you!

teresaw61
1/10/17

I love what I've ordered so far - everything fits perfectly, is in great condition, and I've saved a tone of money. But the shipping takes ages - the confirmation emails says between 3-8 days, which is bit of a wide margin, but when I track my packages, the delivery time is in the 10-12 day range. I guess I'm too used to Amazon, but the length of delivery time is a bit annoying.

priscillad6
1/10/17

I've ordered twice from Thred-UP. Not disappointed, great value. Both Shoes and Boots arrived as described.

leannel10
1/10/17

The jackets I ordered came promptly and were exactly as advertised. I am very happy with my order. Thank you.

toshaw2
1/10/17

Haven't been disappointed at all! True to size, true to description. Happy camper! I'll keep buying from this site! You're saving me lots of money & I like saving money! Send a coupon if you'd like!

ciaram8
1/10/17

So glad I found this site. Love getting good quality and gently used clothing at a price I can afford.

lorid47
1/10/17

I found great clothes at awesome prices and I didn't have to rummage through a retail store rack! One item didn't fit - no problem with hassle-free returns.

melissat58
1/10/17

I have found the items appear as described! Everything has come in good and clean condition. Very happy with my purchases and plan to return for further good stuff!

jennifere53
1/10/17

I had so much fun shopping and getting my package in the mail. Everything was in excellent condition and my order came quickly.

kimberlyc75
1/10/17

I joined and received my first delivery a few weeks ago. All of the items were as pictures and described, and the majority fit well. I only ended up returning two of nine things. The price was right, the returns process was easy and I loved shopping for interesting and unique clothing from the comfort of my living room. Definitely going to purchase again.

kellyp77
1/10/17

Really nice clothing. In some cases, upscale items I wouldn't be able to purchase at full price. Very easy. Eco friendly packaging.

107 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the thredUP staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
akhilar
Akhila R.
3 weeks, 4 days ago
Answer
amyb35
Amy B.
A: If you read the reviews, people are satisfied (or very satisfied--which I was) with purchases. The complaints are about the prices and policies if you are selling items. I found the descriptions on garments to be very accurate, and I am very satisfied with my purchases--they were inexpensive, good quality, and the delivery speed and packaging were impressive.
3 weeks, 1 day ago