US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joanh4

Being a deal junky, I just had to buy another coupon from another one of these daily deal web sites. (in 57 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ambers36
2/2/16

I booked two massages (one for myself and one for my husband). One massage therapist did not show up (a single therapist performed two massages, starting about 1/2 hour after the appointed start time).

The company did not contact us to let us know about the change (the one therapist that did come had to call and text them several times to find out what was going on).

Later we received a very long winded email from the company - who still wanted (and we're fighting this) to charge us a CAD 30 travel fee and set up fee (which was prepaid) for the therapist that did not show up!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company.

melissag51
12/3/15

I bought a coupon, we drive an hour to this place and then found out we couldn't use or coupon. We ended up paying to do what we went there to do as our children were looking forward to it and we drive all the way there. I called team buy and they offered me a refund in teambucks, now the site is gone and I've lost my money!! I wouldn't deal with the new company that has taken them over!

leonardof4
6/3/15

I asked for a refund again and was flat out refused in spite of the fact that the merchant had refused to honour my voucher (I showed it before getting a service done) and forced me to pay $70. Eventually they offered me teambuy bucks, which I have no use for after I've been jerked around by the company and the merchant so much. What if I buy another deal and have a problem with the merchant? Am I just supposed to keep going through their customer service and buying more deals indefinitely?

al15192
1/6/15

I never received the items I ordered and payed for. I lodged several complaints but they have not responded. Much time has past and I am still without my products or my money. I feel robbed. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS SITE

mehrias
12/8/14

I HAD PURCHASED SOME VOUCHERS THAT THE MERCHANT DIDNT WANTED TO HONOUR IT SO I CALLED THEM THEY GAVE ME DEALFIND DOLLAR THAT I COULD USE TO USE IT ON ANYTHING ELSE BUT NOW I DONT BELIEVE IT THAT THE DEALFIND.CA IS ACTUALLY CLOSED DOWN THE SITE NOW I CANT GET MY MONEY BACK EITHER IT WAS $69

WHAT TO DO???

Tip for consumers: DO NOT TRUST THIS NEW CROWN SITE THAT IS UNDER DEALFIND AND TEAM BUY THEY ARE ALL SCAM..THEIFS

grint
12/2/14

Team Buy is now nCrowd. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING!!! They sent me three bogus car cameras that are in a foreign language and strung me along as if they would deal with it. I'm out $200! They were Christmas gifts. Thanks for nothing!!
They are not worthy of even a part star rating. SCAMMERS JUST LIKE DIRECT BUY!
STAY AWAY!!!!

joef39
10/20/14

Hi,
Dont buy anything for Teambuy or any company that belongs to Couch Commerce Inc. I got scam twice and they give me a boggus excuse (sorry they wrote to me in French):

"Veuillez s’il vous plait prendre connaissance du fait qu’à partir de Vendredi 29 Aout, Couch Commerce Inc., la compagnie mère de TeamBuy.ca/Dealfind.com, a engagé une procédure judiciaire et financière de restructuration. Conformément aux règles et régulations gouvernant le processus de restructuration, nous ne pouvons honorer les Teambucks/Dealfind dollars émis ou proposes et ne pouvons procéder au remboursement ou au crédit d’achats....."

Tip for consumers: Deals from this company is very tempting..but dont waste your money!

tedt12
10/17/14

Teambuy is now n crowd I suggest you stay away from both
all orders not received from teambuy will not be honored by n crowd
so why would you trust n crowd it's a different name and that's it
if something goes wrong for n crowd they will leave you holding the bag

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site they can't be trusted

shantells
10/2/14

SCAM!!!! Don't buy coupons from teambuy, dealfind or nCrowd!!

Tip for consumers: Don't buy coupons. Phone the merchant directly to get the deal

jazzd
9/26/14

DO NOT BUY FROM TEAMBUY THEY RIPPED ME OFF. TOOK MY TEAMBUCKS AND APPARANTLY WENT BANKRUPT, BUT GUESS WHAT, THE POP BACK UP AS "NCROWD" AND CONTINUE TO SELL LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED. STAY CLEAR OF NCROWD OR RISK A REPEAT OF BEING RIPPED OFF.

Tip for consumers: STAY CLEAR OF TEAMBUY/DEALFIND (NOW NCROWD)

ieshal
9/24/14

I bought 3 x1 hour massages from teambuy only to be extremely embarrassed by the vendor telling oh team buy went bankrupt call your credit card company to charge back. (I paid via PayPal) they sold me these tickets on September 8th / 2014. That's 8 days AFTER the date in these bankruptcy letters they are sending out. ( I never got one) WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS CRIMINAL. They should not be allowed to scam customers or vendors. They still are advertising deals! I just hope I can get my money back from PayPal. Be very aware. On a side note I purchased deals before with no issue so I had faith.

Tip for consumers: RUN!

pamc10
9/23/14

company has gone bankrupt, but my credit card company has been real good. I bought the coupon in June and it was refused by the vendor today - very embarrassing. So i called up my credit card issuer and asked for a CHARGE BACK - and they happily reversed the charges for me.

sherryh16
9/23/14

I received this email from Teambuy. The vendor did not respond to me or satisfy my voucher. Teambuy offered to credit my account then the next day after I accepted the offer of credit they sent me this email.

Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

Avital
Customer Experience
Dealfind.com | TeamBuy.ca

alphiet
9/18/14

These guys are now defunct, practically, but still have their site up and are sending out daily emails for deals they have no intention of fulfilling. Why the authorities have not forced them to stop defrauding the public, I have no idea. Someone needs to contact the police. The are laws against this type of thing! I ordered some Reebok workout shirts months ago. The site says it shipped in August, but nothing. When I contact them, only a generic email. The deal has since reappeared on their site, scamming more wouldbe customers into giving them money for items they don't have and can't deliver. How these peoplel live with themselves is beyond me.

neilc24
9/18/14

The first purchase that I made was delivered in great time and the product was good.
The next two purchases that I have made have not arrived and it has been over 60 days now. I caution everyone to look else where for the product as this company seems to just take your money and then send no product, scamming company in my opinion.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE!!!!!!!!

kellya28
9/17/14

Tan through bathing suits were padded cheap dollar store suits from china.. Total,scam, but teambuy would do nothing about it, even though I sent pictures of the fraying cheap non tan through suits, because I already got them
There must be something we can do about these issues
Can't be legal.....

Tip for consumers: Stay far far away from these sites

annas77
9/17/14

I too, have had a loss of $100+... as I have vouchers that I am not able to use because merchants are not honoring it. As a customer, I shouldn't have to bare the loss if a company is having financial issues... Isn't it in the end as a business you would be able to claim a loss through taxes or etc... Anyways... I will never ever use teambuy/deal again! and will also spread how awful they are so that others will not support such a company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE TEAMBUY!

chrisa81
9/16/14

Teambuy and Dealfind are definitely going into bankruptcy by the looks of things and the people who will suffer are the merchants who are not going to get paid and the customers who signed up to receive Teambuy offers and now their contact info will be sold to the highest bidder. So, expect to be spammed a lot and your email to be filled with junk offers.

Here's something I found straight from Teambuy's privacy policy:
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganisation, stock sale or other change in control.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs...unless you like losing money.

kwokw
9/12/14

BEWARD! I am a regular merchant of TeamBuy. I've hosted more than 5 deals with them. The past year.3 of them have not been paid. I was sent the same email regarding payments not being paid out to merchants before August 29. They owe me a ton of money. I decided to investigate the company further and was pointed to a company called MNP. MNP told me this company filed for Corporate Insolvency. I'd just like to warn any new merchants who think they'll get paid and customers as well because this company may be going down soon. Here is the response I got from MNP (this was an automated message generated when contacting the email couchcommerce@mnp.ca):

On August 29, 2014, each of Couch Commerce Inc., Dealfind.com Inc., Menupalace.com Corporation and 8108773 Canada Inc. (the “Couch Group” or the “Companies”) filed a “Notice of Intention to Make A Proposal” (“NOI”) under the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act.

Further to this filing, the Couch Group as part of its restructuring will be seeking Court approval of a sale of its assets and business to nCrowd Inc. (“nCrowd”) so that nCrowd can continue the Couch Group’s business. The decision to file the NOI was made to help ensure that the proposed sale to nCrowd can be completed in a manner that treats all of the Companies’ creditors in accordance with their respective rights.

The Couch Group will be keeping all its creditors up to date on the progress of the sale transaction. Once a Proposal is finalized each creditor will get an opportunity to vote on whether or not to accept that Proposal.

The NOI process is not the same as bankruptcy or receivership. As part of the NOI process, the Couch Group is being given an opportunity to restructure its business through the sale transaction with the objective of nCrowd returning to profitability.

The Couch Group has retained MNP Ltd to act as the trustee in these proceedings. As trustee we will not be involved in the day-to-day operation of the business. As these proceedings progress, additional publicly available information will be posted on our website www.mnpdebt.ca/couchcommerce

anonymousa20
9/11/14

As a merchant from teambuy/dealfind. This is what I have to say. The company has run my deal last January 2014 as per agreement my company should be paid a 1/4 of generated amount after a week and 1/2 after a month. I have waited for about almost two months to check in with them and was able to get paid for the 1st and 2nd instalment fees. Im supposed tp be paid for the other 1/4 of generated amount a month after the deal has expired so naturally as a kind merchant I waited. Get in touch with them end of Aug. I was directed to their online finance assistance. Wrote them a message no reply for two weeks. So I called my "account manager" just yesterday and left him an email Anthony Amankawa is his name and the name of the girl that called me is Karen Mohammed. Just this morning they said that the accounts of the company has been freeze and will not be able to pay us until further notice accounts before or on AUG 29, 2014. So I asked Anthony what does this mean as merchant. They said they may or may not be able to pay me. Please be aware of this DEALFIND and TEAMBUY customers.

alicec34
9/11/14

They are SCAM!!! I've bought a product from them but never get it! Emailed them to ask and got an extremely ridiculous reply

** We did not get a resolution from the merchant.

Please be advised that as of Friday, August 29, 2014, however, Couch Commerce Inc., the parent company of TeamBuy.ca/Dealfind.com, has entered into a legal & financial restructuring process. Pursuant to the rules and regulations governing the restructuring process, we cannot honor TeamBucks issued on or before August 29, 2014 and issue any refunds/credits related to purchases on or before August 29, 2014. So we cannot give a refund or credit for this purchase.

We appreciate your prior support and looking forward to continued support through this important process.**

Never use this company AGAIN!!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company

wengc
9/11/14

It sucks, a scam now you cannot call the customer service. How can i sue this company is there anybody who could help me to do the step? I've do move and its not a good joke getting our money and we didnt received any of the item.

wissamw
9/10/14

Tip for consumers: Please be aware, it seems Team buy is going bankrupted soon, they are fraudding merchants & customers. they stopped paying customers since early summer, a lot of sales done with them wont be honored by merchant anymore

daisyl6
9/9/14

Wake up people! Stop being scam by Dealfind/Teambuy. After wasting over 2 years of time dealing with this company, I finally give up my hope that one day I could get back what I paid for. 2 years ago I brought 2 vouchers for Car Detailing Service in Calgary. After many attempts trying to use my vouchers, I was not successful to book my appointment to get it. The Car detailing company keep telling me they cannot book me in due to the high volume of customers they are experiencing, and request that I call back later. Since my vouchers says it never expires, I was hoping that maybe if I call back later, I will be able to use it. So I keep trying every 3 months, until the last time I try, the company is no longer in business. I complaint to Dealfind that I paid Dealfind the money for the voucher, and since the company went out of business, I should get my money back. Dealfind said because the vouchers was passed 240 days, I cannot get refund or dealfind credit. This is totally a scam because I paid dealfind the money, and the vouchers that they issue say it never expire. Now they refuse to honor any kind of customer service towards their product. Ever since then, I stop buying any Dealfind vouchers, because I know they are a scam.

On Jan 2014, I found a good deal on Teambuy, without knowing this company is related to Dealfind. I got this House cleaning service vouchers, but again, the company is also over booked and get not book me in for the next six months. The company told me to call back later. Since I had the bad experience before, I quickly called Teambuy and try to get my refund. Since I was able to do it before the 240 days this time, I got a money credit. But now that I know they are related to Dealfind, I was so careful in choose what to buy. I try to buy vouchers that are with big company, so they don't go out of business.

About 1 month ago I found this deal for Junk removal service, so I used the money credit to just try to use up my money credit. I waited until the deal close so I can call to make the appointment, and the Junk Removal company say they do not do service in Calgary, only in other cities in Canada. WTF! Then why would Teambuy post an ad to sell this vouchers in Calgary? I immediately fail a complaint to Teambuy, and their responds is:

Dear Valued Customer, Please be advised that as of Friday, August 29, 2014, Couch Commerce Inc., the parent company of TeamBuy.ca/Dealfind.com, has entered into a legal & financial restructuring process. Pursuant to the rules and regulations governing the restructuring process, we cannot honor TeamBucks issued on or before August 29, 2014 and issue any refunds related to purchases on or before August 29, 2014. Please note the purpose of the restructuring is to provide the Companies with a more stable environment to continue operations and develop a plan that will allow us to continue in business. We appreciate your prior support and looking forward to continued support through this important process.

Sincerely, Kind regards,

Teambuy Customer Experience Team

so basically they once again sold product that they knowingly know customer would not be able to book for service, and refuse to honor the refund policy. I think it's amazing Dealfind/Teambuy are still in business. There's no question that that is unfounded and unethical business practice. There's a reason why so many people like me would spend our time writing complaints about Dealfind because of its subpar customer service, defective products, oversold services, missing deliveries and an inflexible refund policy. I have shop many things online using ebay, Groupon, priceline, and many others, and I never had issues with them. I don't know how many complaints need to be posted by their customer before Dealfind/Teambuy go out of business. I just hope enough people read this so they can stop throwing their money down the drain. I have lost over $200 and endless hours flighting with Dealfind/Teambuy, trying to get a responds, or an answer, but no luck.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop on Teambuy. It's a total scam.

dawns23
9/9/14

I ordered Reebok workout shirts in July. I waited until 2 weeks after the scheduled delivery date in August to contact Teambuy and was told there were problems with the supplier and they would have to refund my money. Then a few days later I got an email mentioning the restructuring and their inability to process refunds after August 29th. What a scam! They should not be allowed to continue to advertise their products.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TeamBuy.ca staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/26/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the TeamBuy.ca staff and other customers.

3 Photos for TeamBuy.ca