Review of SpotCrime

300 E. Lombard St., Suite 840
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

colind35
8/8/17

Great service. Really helpful to see crimes in the neighborhood or new cities I'm traveling to. Is it ok that I ended that last sentence with a preposition?

beed13
8/8/17

I chose to live where I do based on crime statistics. I used this site as well as Trulia (which pulls its data from here and another site). I am writing this review because the shootings have become too frequent and too close, yet according to this it's the safest area in town. In 2017 alone, I have been home for 4 shootings right outside my place. Two people have died. In february 25 rounds went off and a father and son were both hit, they survived. In June a 23 year old kid was driving in the alley behind my house when he was shot, killed, and crashed his car into a neighbors house. In July, two women were shot on my street, one died, the other lived. And last night about 8 rounds went off just outside my front window. Police were picking up casings from my flowerbed. Obviously this one is too new for me to know exactly what happened, other than me hitting the floor and dialing 911. The worst part is, these sites people use to determine where to live. There needs to be disclosure that this data is BS. How is this incident free when two people DIED from GSWs on just this street?! I didn't even go beyond my block, but when I pull up the news my whole neighborhood is wrecked with break-ins, assault, robbery, and HOMICIDE. How is there not some sort of program to pull actual police data so this is accurate. My snake of a landlord said the neighborhood is great, perfect place for a single girl.. and had the nerve to jack up my rent this year.

an26672
1/11/17

they posted an assault incident referring to my parents address that never occurred. the link provided goes no where

robertk165
7/14/16

This case reports $1,000 -$10,000 thieft, warrant at my neighbors house. My neighbor knows nothing about it. Even with the case number they couldn't find anything. Either my neighbor or Spotcrime is not telling the truth. It puts a marker on their house. It lists 5100 block of Hill Dr. ( there aren't but 6 houses in the 5100 block ).My neighbor has been in prison a lot (a real lot ) but not in the past 2 years

arlenea6
1/24/16

I live in an area that SpotCrime reported as incident free. After meeting with the Ft Lauderdale police on Thursday, January 21, 2016 I found out that there were 29 (TWENTY NINE) burglaries during the past three months in an area SpotCrime reported as incident free! WTF!

billk8
3/29/11

Spot crime reports incidents that are private and can make the situation worse. For example, we were receiving harassing phone calls and reported to 311. We have not even received a return call from the police department, when Spot crime.com published a picture of our house and address on their site. Not only is this a privacy issue but could even make the situation worse if there is a stalker behind these harrassing phone calls.
My guess is that there are many other people who have taken offense to their homes being reported on Spotcrime.com

juliaj
5/22/08

Neat way to see crime stats - Other than an assaulted cab driver two weeks ago, my upper east side neighborhood looks safe! I feel like this map might be missing some info....

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the SpotCrime staff and other customers.

SpotCrime?