Review of ScentMatchers

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

davem214
5/17/17

Charged me $80 for a perfume that didn't even come close to the original. Rude customer service person told me to return it. I did but my credit card was never credited. They claimed they never received my return and weren't going to credit my account. So basically they took $80 from me. Very scammy.

patriciaw132
5/17/17

So happy I found Scentmatchers. Searched long and hard for a discontinued fragrance. Now you know if you can't find it on Ebay, you're not going to find it anywhere. I was so wrong. Came across Scentmatchers.com. To my surprise the scent I was looking for "Designer Imposters - Fairchild was one of the fragrances that Scentmatchers was able to recreate. When you make your purchase you even get to decide the style of bottle you want for your fragrance. I cannot say enough good things about Scentmatchers.com I am so incredibly happy to find this company and even more happy that I once again get to enjoy one of my favorite fragrances. Thank you Scentmatchers.com

erikaw22
5/13/17

I was thrilled to find a company that could recreate one of my favorite fragrances by Jo Malone that was discontinued. Not only did Scentmatchers do a great job recreating the scent, but the price is great, too! I will definitely be ordering from Scentmatchers in the future!

wendyn26
5/2/17

I found this site by accident, searching for a men's perfume by orvis , which it seemed was discontinued. I thought I would give it a try, my husband's birthday gift. I have to say it was a great pleasure beginning the process from beginning to end, so helpful and kind. My order was shipped out in great time and I received it week later. I was not disappointed, the perfume replica was awesome and we loved the smell. Thanks to this great team I highly recommend them, their product, and their service. I'll be calling again when I need something special.
Wendy Norman

claral19
4/25/17

I love my perfumes, Scentmatchers are just wonderful. Will reorder every time. I only have two scents and they matched them . Can't say enough about how great this company is.

lisar223
4/23/17

I was a little worried about ordering a re-creation of a perfume I loved 30 years ago. All the worry vanished when I opened the box, saw the pretty bottle and read the inscription. Then it was joy. I sprayed the perfume on a tissue and waited. It was nice, pretty, not quite what I remembered. In the morning I sprayed it on my wrist and immediately the fragrance burst to life. I am very happy with the re-creation. Brought back fun memories I look forward to ordering, again. Sincerely, A satisfied customer.

loria42
4/3/17

I couldn't tell the difference from my original to the matched scent. I highly recommend as the quality is so good and the price is significantly less.

christiner61
3/27/17

I ordered a scent that both my husband and I love (Romance) for him on his birthday. Although the date was approaching and the time-line was close, they made sure I received it on his birthday, which was unexpected. The scent was almost spot-on and both of us just love it. It's a nice fresh scent that he can wear to the office and play. The fact that we could personalize it made it an even better gift. Also, great customer service and packaging!

laurah172
3/26/17

Scent Matchers did an outstanding job matching my "personal scent". Years of settling for smelling like so many other women I found Ambre. Of course it was taken off the shelves... European women didn't like it as much as American. They brought it back for a short time then it was gone. I'm thrilled that Scent Matchers was spot on matching Ambre. It started out a bit strong but within a week it was perfect. I'm hooked!
They have a gift of wonderful noses. LOL! They truly did a great job!

robertas24
3/14/17

My very favorite scent was Forever Chrystal and when I heard they were going to discontinue it I bought several bottles and used it sparingly, but then I ran out. We tried other companies who said they could make the same scent, but no one came close. I was searching on line and found ScentMatchers and decided to give them a try. Got my bottle last night and put it on one wrist and put a drop of some Forever Chrystal that I had left on the other wrist. I could not believe how similar they smelled. I was totally shocked! I'm so glad to have my Chrystal back. Thank you ScentMatchers!!!!!!

deeb73
3/14/17

I'm so glad I found this company and ordered. I love the packaging and the perfume. It feels good on my skin. I like the oil substance to it. This perfume is sooo me. I will order again from Scentmatchers soon.

sherrim24
3/3/17

Will be my third order from these wonderful people I love attention !! That's exactly what they gave me a wonderful perfume from my memories and actually someone that I emailed and emailed back right away that alone made me feel special so I thank them for giving me so much !! order from them if just for the attention but order from them because of their promise and product!

melindam29
2/12/17

I will admit that I was concerned after reading some negative reviews and I was also aware that the process of duplicating my favorite discontinued scent would be a challenge, but I am beyond satisfied!!! I think it is a perfect match! For anyone, like me, that has fallen in love with a fragrance that has been discontinued, I would definitively recommend scentmatchers!!!!

erniep19
1/18/17

Was somewhat skeptical when I ordered from them, especially when the two bottle order came with one of the bottles broken. However, the staff was just terrific. They replaced the broken bottle with no questions asked and the second bottle was delivered within a week. I corresponded with them several times and they were very professional and pleasant.

Though I can't recall the scent from some 30 years ago, when my wife put it on, it certainly brought back some fond memories. Just a beautiful scent. Couldn't be more happy with their product and service.

peggyj12
Peggy J.
1/15/17

I don't know how you do it, but I just received my "Peggy's Beauty", which is a match of Kate Spade "Beauty"...and it is awesome! I was extremely skeptical and hesitated for so long to order a bottle, but glad I did! So, after Christmas, I decided to buy myself a gift of what I really wanted!

For years I have tried many different perfumes since Kate Spade sadly discontinued her "Beauty" line and have never been 100% in love with any of them...until now!

I will definitely be ordering another bottle when this one gets low!

dianeg59
1/11/17

After being completely satisfied with my first foray into finding a discontinued scent (Catherine Deneuve's "Deneuve") and loving the lotion, regular-size bottle and travel bottle, I tried another discontinued scent ("Worth" by the House of Worth, Paris). Another success! The first shipment was "highjacked" , but Scentmatchers immediately sent a replacement -- love this one, too! I have one more scent for them to match -- and my perfume wardrobe will be complete for a while. I whole-heartedly recommend this website!

deborahw73
1/6/17

Waste of money. I expect to see them on "America Greed."

brendab106
12/20/16

I HAVE BEEN WANTING OP BLEND BY PACIFIC OCEAN FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW, AND WASN'T ABLE TO FIND IT, JUST HAPPEN TO BE BROWSING AND CAME ACROSS SCENT MATCHERS , CHECKED IT OUT AND THERE IT WAS, I
WAS JUST AMAZED, COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT YOU HAD IT, GOT IT JUST IN TIME FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS IT SMELL AMAZING, A WONDERFUL FRAGRANCE. THANK YOU SCENT MATCHERS

BRENDA B

donnah114
12/19/16

I ordered a match of "Bal A Versailles", by Jean Desprez-Paris; difficult to find an authentic bottle now. I received my order and am extremely pleased! This fragrance is difficult to duplicate and I would say Scentmatchers version is 99.98% accurate. Will order again.

marky22
12/14/16

I ordered New West perfume. Please do not be scammed by this website. It is so not worth it. It is a fraud!!! These people do NOT MATCH ANY SCENTS!!!!!!!!!!!

victoriac54
12/11/16

I say "NOT EXACT - BUT PERFECT" because although the scent I ordered didn't match exactly, the scent that was created is beautiful and perfect for me and I love it! I won't give the name of the scent I wanted duplicated as I want to keep it all to myself!
Thank you to Scentmatchers for their skill, their quick service and their hospitality... will pass along their name and I will return to them again and again... very happy customer!

megang39
12/6/16

When I saw that this site made reproductions of Lola Goth Reminiscent, I was so excited that I immediately went to buy a bottle. The purchasing and shipping process was a breeze! However, the perfume itself, while beautifully packaged, smelled nothing like the original. Other reviews described their reproductions as potent and "cheap" and I would have to agree. I e-mailed customer service and politely asked for a refund, and they were able to refund me in whole quickly and efficiently. While I was disappointed that the perfume had not met my expectations, they provided me with wonderful customer service (I talked to a woman named Susan, very pleasant!) and it would have been a wonderful experience had they been able to match this perfume. I'm not too upset though because it's certainly a hard scent to replicate, and I knew this was essentially a gamble. Overall, great service but unfortunately they couldn't provide me with what i was looking for!

lynettem13
11/30/16

One night when I couldn't sleep I came across this website, and just for fun, I created my own perfume. It was so fun creating, and today my perfume came and it is my all time forever favorite perfume in the whole wide world. It is so cool to have a personalized perfume. My friends love it too. So ... I had fun creating it and love wearing it ... and it comes in a pretty black satin pouch. Customer service is excellent too. I love it so much I want to tell the ENTIRE WORLD!!

akemis
10/26/16

They were able to create a very close match to my favorite discontinued perfume; Envy by Gucci. I'm very happy!

barbh12
10/2/16

My scent was perfect and it stays on with very little product used. I was nervous after reading so many bad product and company reviews but I must say this company is AAAAAA++++. I will definitely be reordering with this company soon in the bear future. Thank you ScentMatchets for your great communications and for allowing me to wear my favorite fragrance again!

72 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
andreab148
Andrea B.
on 4/21/17
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the ScentMatchers staff and other customers.

ScentMatchers?