Reservations.com reviews

Tel: 800-916-4339
support@reservations.com

davidt285
9/22/17

Avoid this site, especially if you need rooms for many guests for an event! They will simply take your money (QUICKLY) and when you cancel your reservation for a few rooms, they give you phony cancellation numbers- YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOU MONEY AGAIN!!!

catherinee24
9/22/17

I booked a hotel in Santa Fe and thought, based on the site, it was the hotel's. When I went to check my email, I had received no notification of my booking. When I called the hotel, the front desk told me the reservation had been booked through Expedia, to my great surprise. I called Expedia--no booking. They said it was their affiliate and transferred me to Reservations.com. It took me a lot of time to get a customer service agent. I asked her to cancel my room. It took her forever to do it, and then, lo and behold, a surprise $14.99 fee was not removed. I had no idea there was a fee. It had not been posted on any of the pages when I was booking. Stay away from this site. It should be sued for deceptive and false advertisement.

kendrae9
9/20/17

Don't let this website fool you by advertising rates lower than all competitors. I was completely mislead when I thought I was saving $30 on a room through this company vs any where else. They had me hooked, then after booking I realized there was another $160 fee on top of the $403 room ($563 total), this is after all credit card information was collected. Thats $130 more than booking through any other website and even through the hotel itself. My fault right? Within minutes of realizing the error, I had called to speak to someone. He just kept saying "Sorry but you made the error". He would not let me speak to any one above him saying they did not speak to customers. You'd think the travel industry would be based on clients not customers right? Well I will never become a client of theirs, and its still over 72hrs until my reservation and I'm an unhappy customer. Shame on you reservations.com for poor customer care. All you had to do was lower your "service fee" to a reasonable rate to satisfy me and avoid a negative review. You are heartless.

tanyac45
9/20/17

Very misleading, unable to obtain itemized receipt for my stay. When I called (multiple times) to speak with a supervisor, of course they were busy with "high volume" calls. I actually had one lady press the keypad on her phone for a solid 3 minutes, to avoid talking to me. They are very rude, and will not provide any information other than when your reservations were book, the stay dates. This company should not be allowed to represent to hotels that they are providing services for.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site,

charlieb91
9/19/17

I looked online to reserve a room, but didn't see an option for the AAA rate. I called the number, which was a reservations.com number, to see if I could find out the AAA rate. My mistake was staying on the phone when they said "no we can only offer this rate at this time". Long story short, it took me 20 minutes to finally book a room. They never once mentioned that there would be a $15 non refundable service fee. I looked online at a different website a day later and found the AAA rate, and booked the room for much cheaper, in TWO MINUTES. I was able to get a refund, but they stole my $15 for that service fee, and stole 20 minutes of my life. Just look online elsewhere, this website and service center is garbage.

lloydr23
9/18/17

I thought I was making a reservation directly with the comfor inn as when I googled the comfort inn in Sudbury Ontario the ' make a reservation tab
' on the comfort inn web page appeared which led me to the crooks at reservation.com. Do not use these pricks, the job we were on was postponed and I could not cancel my reservation - beware!!! Cost me close to $700 in non refundable hotel fees. You would think the Comfort Inn would distance themselves from this type of shady business deals. But of course it is not their fault, they make coin on the crooks at reservation.com.

carolynl52
9/14/17

I thought I was making a reservation directly with a hotel and they said they were at the location. LIARS Two rooms were booked and paid for.Upon arrival after checking in we drove to the room. When we got out of the car there were needles in the next spot along with broken alcohol bottles. we went to the rooms they were very moldy and we could not breathe. We went to the desk and turned in the keys and told them we would not stay in a place that is a danger to the children. We checked into another hotel and then the hassles and lies started. I called reservations.com and told them what had occurred and told them that there were two reservations. Initially I was told I would have had to cancel two days prior to get a full refund. I told her we could not see the hotel and conditions from 12 hours away. She put me on hold then hung up on me. I called back and it took about two hours and a rep said we would get a full refund. It has been a month and over 10 phone calls and about ten hours on the phone telling me various lies including I did not cancel the other room and I would get a refund. Nothing has happened. NEVER BOOK with this company

drewp16
9/13/17

Definitely avoid this outfit, their hidden fees and lack of transparency. I made the mistake of booking through them for a work trip out of last-minute desperation and am having a very hard time getting any sort of receipt that will allow me to be reimbursed.

elizabethd130
9/12/17

Reservations.com charged an extra $100.00 more than what the hotel receipt stated the amount of the room was. When I called customer support, they said "oh, the hotel is not allowed to show you the actual amount the room cost." Don't book with them, they will rip you off.

bruceo12
9/11/17

Upon booking a hotel in Owen Sound, Ontario, they charged my card immediately.
When I had to cancel the same night, I was informed that I would lose $14.99us although I was under the assumption that it came with a free cancellation policy.

In the cancellation email, it reads as follows:

"If you are due a refund, we have issued a refund request. Please note refunds may take up to 30 days from cancellation date to be visible on your account. "

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

sharonh141
9/8/17

I called 2 days ago, they said they had a room available in Orlando, as we are trying to get away from the hurricane. I had to pay in full, over $500. Non refundable. Got there, no room. We have a confirmation number which is useless. I am so sick to my stomach

emmyl3
9/5/17

They have a very deceitful/misleading website. Appears like you are booking directly with the hotel in addition to that they charge you $14.99 and not explicitly added when you check out.
AVOID if all possible.

lauriec48
8/31/17

Buyer beware. I booked a one night stay in a Chicago five star hotel. It was not clear at all that I was entering into a " no refund" situation when I filled in the online form. I did not receive a confirmation email until I called reservations.com to ask àbout that. Then I got a confirmation email stating cancellations yield no refund but by then I had already been charged. When it was not possible to get to Chicago, as in train tickets sold out, I called the hotel directly and they stated they were ok with me cancelling but I had to cancel through reservations.com and that the company had different rules from the hotel. The res.com customer service person was not rude but certainly held the company line, saying my card had already been charged the full amount. I am hoping to dispute this charge with my credit card company...don't use reservations.com

Cole

tomk132
8/31/17

Misleading scam artists. You think you are talking to the hotel reservations and by the time you have figured out you are talking to somebody in India, who is very hard to understand, they have charged you a 14.99 service fee that they don't tell you about and it is non-refundable even after you cancel the reservation. Customer service was a waste and of course "the Supervisor was in a meeting". Crooks!

dans241
8/30/17

I agree with all the people who gave negative reviews wish I could put you out of business hope you enjoy all the money you steal from people you waste of oxygen

wesb16
8/30/17

I was looking on the internet for lodging in Victoria, BC. I came across reservations.com which listed various properties in this area. I found one that was $81.00 per night so I decided to book two nights. I thought it was rather strange that I did not receive a total for charges to my credit card, nor did I receive a conformation of this booking. I went to my credit card account to see if there had been any activity and there was a charge for $14.99. The next day I checked my credit card account and there was a charge of $196.50 now on my card. I decided to look at some reviews of reservations.com and they were not good. I called my credit card dispute center to file a dispute claim about these charges and two months later I am still trying to get these charges removed, as I did not use this booking.

peted24
8/30/17

They suck. Reservation made for 3 weeks ahead. had to cancel on the same night reservation was made. $14.99 NON-REFUNDABLE service fee.

marial171
8/25/17

I booked Feriani (Amsterdam) through booking.com. After contacting the property directly inquiring about the no Pre-payment policy and free cancelation up to a certain date, they replied many times that I will still have to pay wether or not I will cancel before free cancelation date (my credit card was already with them to secure my booking). I have emails to prove their threats. I emailed booking.com and they told me to deal with this property directly. NEVER AGAIN

patriciaa101
8/25/17

While on the road in the middle of no where, using my phone to search for a hotel, I accidentally used reservations.com, thinking that I was on line with the actual hotel. After putting in all my info, I clicked next thinking it would show me a summary page with the itemized charges. i.e. hotel room, taxes, etc. and the grand total. Nope! My room went from $115 to $152!
I called reservations com immediately and asked why the huge difference. First, the guy with a heavy accent said it was the taxes. $37 in taxes??? No, he admitted: $22 taxes and $14.95 in service fee. WTH! I told him to cancel, and he said no because it was stated in the fine print. It is not on the same page, you have to click it to see it. He laughed at me and said there was nothing he could do.
I tried to dispute it with my CC company. I got the $14.95 back, but the rest I had to pay even though we didn't go to that hotel, because you know, hotel is always right blah blah blah.
Bottom line: DON'T use reservations.com and book directly or with an honest, reputable third party.

samc149
8/24/17

I'm a front desk agent for Hilton. I just had a guest try to check in, but I couldn't find his reservation anywhere. Come to find out, he booked through reservations.com. There was nothing I could do- he had to call their customer service hotline. He came back to the desk an hour later and said the reason I couldn't find his reservation is because they got his name wrong. Not like a minor spelling error, but like a totally different name. Luckily I was able to find it and get him checked in. That ended well- there have been so many times where 3rd parties from all over the internet have overbooked us. Often times a guest will come in with a confirmation page but we don't have it in our system, and sometimes we can't get them a room because we're sold out. Don't let this happen to you. Call the hotel directly, ask for an in-house reservation or use their OFFICIAL website. Consider signing up for loyalty programs (like Marriott rewards or Hilton HHonors). Even if you are paying a few dollars more (the real hotel rates are not usually drastically different), the peace of mind of knowing you actually have a reservation and that you can make changes to it- is worth it.

marks530
8/24/17

I booked a room accidentally using reservations.com, thinking it was the actual hotel website. A 110 a night room costs 146.60 apparently, after taxes and fees, but I did not see that until after I booked. I will avoid reservations.com at all costs and be extra careful next time.

heidil28
8/23/17

With a plethora of options for hotel discounts, reservations.com should be the last one on your list. $14.95 service fee, extreme lack of flexibility and no desire to aid customers with changes to their travel schedule.
Choose a company without fine print and an exorbitant fee. Avoid reservations.com.

janeth117
8/22/17

Also accidentally booked through them. They act as if they are the hotel, input your email incorrectly on purpose in order to not send you the disclosed amount, tell you that they booked you for 2 queen beds and when you arrive at the hotel to call and complain they tell you that the booking was for 1 queen. Dishonest company from the phillapenes.

philt32
8/22/17

Like others, believed I was on the hotel website reservations. Being a Canadian hotel I thought the price was can$. My card was charged as the USD rate converted to C$ at a 30% exchange rate. When I cancelled immediately I was reimbersed at the actual exchange rate, losing about $20Can. Plus I was stung with the admin fee. This is notwhat the cancellation policy indicates. These guys should be in jail.

juliew141
8/21/17

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT book with reservations.com. The trick is, they will steal the logo of the hotel you're trying to book, and you'll THINK you're on the hotel's own site. When you realize your mistake, it's too late -- you've been charged $14.99 for the transaction. I only figured it out when I printed out my reservation and it looked wrong. I got onto the REAL hotel website and found it was much cheaper as well. THEN I realized I had been charged $14.99 by reservations.com. This apparently happened to my husband as well for a business trip. He, too, thought he was on the hotel website, only to discover the logo had been hijacked, and he had been scammed out of $14.99. THIS WEBSITE OUGHT TO BE ILLEGAL AND PROBABLY IS! PLEASE LOOK CAREFULLY AND DON'T BOOK HERE! COMPLAIN TO THE AUTHORITIES!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

THEY ARE OWNED BY SCUMBAGS

By BRODIE A. on 2/15/17
Helpful answer

Hello, Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely Reservations.com Support Team

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep] on 7/9/16
Helpful answer

Forget about reporting reservations.com to the Better Business Bureau. It's totally worthless. Business members of the Better Business Bureau pay a fee to be registered with them. Usually, the BBB is nothing more than PR operation. If you're a member, and someone complains, usually nothing results. If you're not a paying member, and someone complains, then the BBB comes down hard on you in the form of bad reviews. If you really want to get even for being ripped off by the thieves at reservations.com, file a criminal complaint with the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office. You can do that on the internet. I also just sent a a complaint to the US Dept of Justice completely laying out the who-what-where-how the reservations.com SCAM works. Read my report above and follow up with a criminal complaint against reservations.com. What they are doing amounts to Fraud. If people on this site only write a complaint to get the anger out of their systems, why bother? The only thing that will make a difference is to file a criminal complaint against reservations.com. My posting toward the begining of this thread give the addresses you will need to file a criminal complaint. Lets get these criminals prosecuted and thrown into prison! Anybody who doesn't follow up by filing a complaint is only is only blowing hot air.

By Douglas R. on 3/8/16
Helpful answer

Hello Brodie, We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep] on 3/7/17
Helpful answer

Yes, this company charges a fee, which it will not refund even if you cancel your reservation within minutes!

By Dr S. on 6/19/16
Helpful answer

Yes, you were billed. Call your credit card company and report it as an unauthorized charge. Your company should remove it, send you a new card and assign you a new card number.

By Dr S. on 5/31/15
Helpful answer

Good Morning Don R. Depending on your bank or credit card provider, it may take up to 28 business days for the refund to process through your financial institution to your account. If you would like to check the status of your refund, please contact your bank or credit card provider for further assistance. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep] on 7/22/17

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?