Reservations.com reviews

Tel: 800-916-4339
support@reservations.com

jonp55
7/21/17

Buyer beware, total scam going on here. They trick you into using their website thinking you are using the hotel web site. Hotel will not give you a receipt, must get it from them. Ridiculous service fee AND not refundable or changeable.

WHY would you use this service, look at the reviews, read them carefully.

tuann8
7/20/17

This Company is a FRAUD. They gave me a balance and later charge me a bigger balance. Do not trust them. They will rip you off. Don't book anything with reservation.com. Please save your money and stay away from them. DO no trust this company because you will regret it. They are their and con artist. Stay away. Learn from my mistake!!!!

gabrielae
7/20/17

They do not announce name and company when you call into there company. I thought i was calling the hotel directly wasn't till after I made the reservation and got the email confirmation that I see it was from reservations.com Be careful when googling a hotel name and contact info. This company paid high bucks to be listed above the actual hotel itself, which is how i accidentally called them. They charge a service fee which they don't state that is part of your fees. And they charged me 10% more for the taxes than what the original hotel company would charge. When I called to complain & dispute what they had charged me. They made me feel they would do an honest investigation, was told I would get a response in 3-5 days. At day 24 I had to call into them because I had not heard anything. I was told a manager would call me back to address both my issues. They emailed me instead and said they denied my complaint and would not refund me anything. There employees lie, both times i called in they said they charge the same taxes that the hotel charges. When the manager emailed me back she said that extra cost in the taxes was and i quote "The tax recovery charge is assessed to recover the amount we pay to the hotel in connection with the reservation for sales and use, occupancy, room tax excise tax, value added and other similar taxes etc., and the balance of the additional amount is a fee we charge in connection with the handling of your reservation." When I emailed her back I emailed her a pdf from the hotels website with room rate the same I paid showing the taxes $27 less than what they charged me. And they still deny refunding me the service fee that I didn't agree to pay because they employee lied to me about details of the room I thought i was booking, so they didn't do there job and they don't deserve the service fee. They did not provide me good service and because of it, it left me in Nashville with room that was not what I was told I was booking. I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges. Shame on them. I know they don't announce the company when you call because they are preying on people like me thinking i called the hotel directly and basically stealing money from us hard working people. Because that is basically what this company is doing lying, stealing and cheating the american consumers.

dianeh105
7/19/17

Would never book with them ever again. I give them absolutely no stars but his review made me give them at least one star.
I was given false information on the phone just to make a booking. When I realized I have been lied to I spent hours on the phone trying to cancel my reservation.
The confirmation number they had given me wasn't accurate, no one could find my reservation to cancel it and I was charged to cancel my reservation that I was told was free to cancel.
I was on hold forever, I had to call numerous times, I was promised a call back by a manager new managers ever called me back.

curtiss40
7/19/17

Booked reservation in what looked like the Hotels website inly to find iut it was reservations.com..They billed my credit card the full amount instead of a deposit so I called and cancelled the transaction, which was credited vavk to my card and now today there is a $14.92 debit from my account under hotels.com...I called them and they said they are a sister co. of reservations.com and proceeded to transfer me back and forth theu there menu with no luck in talking to an American to resolve this issue...
DO NOT BOOK THROUGH RESEVATIONS.COM

carrolc1
7/19/17

The overall rating would actually be -5.

I went on-line to make a reservation for a Super 8 Motel in Pendleton, OR. When I had completed all the information, I got an error message that said there was an error and to try to make the reservation later. Instead of trying later, my husband and I stayed at a different motel in Pendleton, OR.

I got a phone call from my credit union a couple of days later asking me if I had made a transaction with Hotel*Reservation.com. I told them I had tried but was given an error message to try later.

I called Reservations.com and was told they had my reservation with the confirmation number (I did not receive a confirmation e-mail) and that the money was not refundable.

Had I tried again later to make the reservation, I suspect I would have received the same error message and been charged again.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS WEB SITE. IT IS A RIP OFF.

jeffr1171
7/19/17

Totally mislead about $15 fee When I went to cancel , as they said I could with no penalty , they would not return my $15 service fee. I was duped. No telephone # to speak with someone. Cowards hide behind e mail response. Never again

matthewm167
7/18/17

I am only addressing their pricing. We reserved an hotel room through them. Their price was $30 more than registering directly at the hotel. Their price was $60 more than we would have paid through Expedia. Live and learn. Never again!!

gregc81
7/17/17

Scam. Do not use this booking site. Web leads you to think you are calling actual hotel incl.uding picture Tells you hotel is full and redirects you to another hotel. No refund policy is the final kick in the groin.

anno101
7/17/17

When I noted the reservation invoice for a Canadian hotel was in U.S. dollars, and excessive, I immediately called reservations.com, and was advised that the order would be cancelled and that there would be no charge on my credit card. I now find they put through a service fee. Not worth the hassle to fight it - but will never use their service again, and will tell others - "USE SITES LIKE THIS TO GET INFORMATION ON HOTEL OPTIONS IN A CITY - BUT NOT TO MAKE RESERVATION. PHONE THE HOTEL TOLL FREE FOR RESERVATION OR USE THEIR SITE". That way reservations.com gets exactly what their service is worth - zero.

deec64
7/14/17

I made a reservation at reservations.com. We wanted two rooms for 6 people. One room went through, the other room did not go through. Credit card company thought it was a fraud so would not accept the charge. Tried cancelling out of the reservation for one room. Was transferred to another person. Was told the confirmation number was the same for both the reservation and cancellation. When looking at their website, it appears that I never made a reservation. A charge is still pending on credit card website. Called reservations.com and was informed that we would have to file a claim with our credit card company. Do not do business with this company. They also charge a $14.99 service fee which is not refundable. Do not tell you upfront about the fee.

Tip for consumers: Do not do business with this company.

johnb907
7/14/17

i ALSO WAS SCAMMED INTO BELIEVING THAT i WAS BOOKING A ROOM WITH THE HOTEL. wHEN i GOTTEN MY BILL , THERE WAS A FEE OF 42.83 FROM RESERVATIONS.COM FOR WHAT? i CONTACTED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTED CLAIM. RESERVATIONS.COM CAME BACK WITH THE ANSWER i DID NOT READ THE FINE PRINT! WHAT A RIPOFF! BTW THIS COMPANY IS EXPEDIA BY ANOTHER NAME WHO OVER BOOKS ROOMS. IT HAPPENED TO ME SEVERAL YRS AGO. SUCH A SHAM!

bills247
7/13/17

Thought I was calling the hotel and the agent would not admit otherwise. They do not tell you they charge a 15 fee and they also charge double the state tax. This is an illegal scam and should be stopped. Avoid these crooks at all cost.

sp1112
7/11/17

Last week I booked a room by calling reservations. com from a rest stop in Idaho. I thought I was calling the hotel directly, turned out not to be the case. The agent confirmed all the details over the phone correctly. After being in the car for 11 hours, we get to the hotel and there was no reservation. They had booked the hotel in another city, hundreds of miles from my location! After considerable effort, the reservation was canceled and I was refunded the amount of the room. I am still trying to get the $14.99 "service fee" refunded. I should not have to pay for a service that I was not provided! It is unfortunate that there are so many reviews like this.

jeffw107
7/10/17

They charge $15 and the steep cancellation charges $75. Not sure why anyone would need to use this useless service.

vanyaw
7/10/17

Just want to post a heads up about Reservations.com and advice on pursuing them for a refund.

This company tacks on extra fees that are not reflected in the price you agree to when you book a hotel stay ($50 for 2 night stay for me), then lies to you about the hotel refund policy (told me that hotel wouldn't cancel reservation, though direct call to the hotel verified that cancellation for full refund was fine) and then tacks on a nonrefundable $15 fee. One customer service rep at reservations.com actually admitted to me that the website got a full refund from the hotel already, but was still trying to avoid passing the refund to me.

They will not want to give you any refunds, but if you stay on the phone with them long enough and call them back when they hang up on you, eventually you can get all of your money back, including the $15.

It took me about 2 hours total phone time. I don't know whether it helped that I had already opened a dispute with my credit card. I also threatened to sue reservations.com, and pointed out the difficulty they would have defending the suit in my state (you sue them where you are, not where they are).

I would not admit anything over the phone -- they were obviously trying to trap me into agreeing to their fees on their recorded phone call.

I was on hold for at least 20 minutes a couple of times but wouldn't go away.

Eventually they agreed to refund everything, including the $15 extra charge.

amandah154
7/9/17

I will be calling the Consumer Protection Agency and Better Business Bureau. People need to be warned to stay away from Reservations.com.

tims177
7/6/17

My wife thought she was booking a room directly with the hotel we were to stay at but instead it was reservations.com they charged our card for $900 and sent us an email with the conformation number 3weeks later after driving 9 hours from home we get to the hotel only to find out that we had no reservation and there were no rooms available. When we contacted reservations.com we were told that they would contact the hotel and email us back in 5 to 7 business days. So we had to go to another hotel witch cost us $500 more than the original booking. Save yourself the aggravation DO NOT USE THIS SITE

elaines73
7/6/17

LIARS!! I recently made a reservation at a favorite hotel through reservations.com. I did not realize that I was talking to a middleman as the reservationist portrayed himself as being a hotel representative. I even questioned why he had no history of my previous stay and he gave me an evasive answer. After I (unfortunately) gave him my payment info, I felt a bit uneasy. I looked up the direct number for the hotel, called them and learned that they did not have my reservation so I made another with them. I immediately called reservations.com back, and was told that they would refund the charges. They have not refunded my payment and claim that I need a "waiver" from the hotel. STAY AWAY--THEY GOT ANOTHER VICTIM THE SAME WAY THE SAME WEEK

laurieu2
7/6/17

I thought I was booking through Days Inn as the website looked legit. They immediately charged my card with the amount and another charge for 14.95. I called the number on the charge and they have me the run around and said it was a sister company and I would have to call them. I went back to the original website and called that number and was able to cancel the reservation but was told that the 14.95 was a "service fee" that was not refundable.

nancya73
7/6/17

Read everybody's bad review and that's mine. Thought i was booking straight thru daysinn didn't realize it was 3rd party. They doubled one of my rooms instead off $133 it was $192. Plus $14 for something. Got there one of my rooms hadn't been paid for so had to pay daysinn for the room again which daysinn reimbursed me after me and the people at daysinn were on the phone for 3 hours trying to get this straightened out. The owner was nice enough to come from home to try And fix this. And reservations were connected with expedia, but they wouldn't help resolve this either. They lied about the price of the room. Maybe i cant get my money back. But i hope this helps someone else. But probably not. Because they somehow have their number fixed where you think you are calling straight to daysinn. Wish someone can stop this

mikeb391
7/5/17

Call and press the digits for customer service and ask any simple question. You'll be glad you did this fist.

If you do actually consider using them after talking to their customer service (yeah yeah, unlikely I know, but go with it for a minute), ask about additional charges. Note the lie, smile, and confirm it later when non-refundable charges show up on your card.

julier107
7/2/17

This company was listed on the actual website for the hotel. It was not until the end of the annoying phone call that I figured out that this is a stupid travel agency type "service". They are ver sneaky. They did not give me my full refund. They kept $15. I will not give up. I will get my full refund. It is the principle of the matter more than the $15. When you call to get a refund, they put you on a very static -hard- to -hear line. Don't give up. Call the original number you dialed to get through for your refund. My room should've been $65 but by the time Reservations.com got through with me, they took $95. I got $80 back so far.

betsiev
7/2/17

I unfortunately had to cancel my room reservation the day after I booked it. I was told I would get my full refund within 24hrs. Well it ended up taking over 35 days...and that was after many phone calls and emails. This company is a joke. Do not book with them!!

kenr64
7/1/17

Don't mention US dlrs for canadian hotels or theres a 15 US dlr non refundable fee. You only know about currency on confirmation and amount of fee until it shows on your credit card bill. Shouldn't have merchant stutus with vusa or mc.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello, Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely Reservations.com Support Team

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep] on 7/9/16
Helpful answer

Forget about reporting reservations.com to the Better Business Bureau. It's totally worthless. Business members of the Better Business Bureau pay a fee to be registered with them. Usually, the BBB is nothing more than PR operation. If you're a member, and someone complains, usually nothing results. If you're not a paying member, and someone complains, then the BBB comes down hard on you in the form of bad reviews. If you really want to get even for being ripped off by the thieves at reservations.com, file a criminal complaint with the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office. You can do that on the internet. I also just sent a a complaint to the US Dept of Justice completely laying out the who-what-where-how the reservations.com SCAM works. Read my report above and follow up with a criminal complaint against reservations.com. What they are doing amounts to Fraud. If people on this site only write a complaint to get the anger out of their systems, why bother? The only thing that will make a difference is to file a criminal complaint against reservations.com. My posting toward the begining of this thread give the addresses you will need to file a criminal complaint. Lets get these criminals prosecuted and thrown into prison! Anybody who doesn't follow up by filing a complaint is only is only blowing hot air.

By Douglas R. on 3/8/16
Helpful answer

Hello Brodie, We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep] on 3/7/17
Helpful answer

Yes, this company charges a fee, which it will not refund even if you cancel your reservation within minutes!

By Dr S. on 6/19/16
Helpful answer

Yes, you were billed. Call your credit card company and report it as an unauthorized charge. Your company should remove it, send you a new card and assign you a new card number.

By Dr S. on 5/31/15
Helpful answer

thanks I will definitely file legal complaints. They need to b e out of business

By sally p. on 2/15/17

Please contact Support@reservations.com -Customer Support

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep] on 12/21/16
Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?