US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

richarde53

When I confirmed the reservation, that is when I noticed an immediate charge to my Visa Credit Card. (in 49 reviews)

joelb57

I emailed customer service, and they were super helpful. (in 21 reviews)

ricm4

The site looks like you are on the hotel site, they said it was a great rate. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pega3
7/27/16

These people are crooks who scam you and take your money and no matter how you try you can't get it back. I was somehow switched to this site from a hotel's website before I knew it, and bam, my credit card was charged with no refunds period. The front page does not reveal that your credit card will be charged immediately, only until you say 'Book it"! BE CAREFUL, plus when I received 'proof' of the charge from them through my credit card company, the receipt said Expedia.com!! I was never on Expedia. Something fishy here. I lost $1000!!!

davids560
7/24/16

Through reservations.com I pre-paid for two nights at Knight's Inn in Liberty, NY for this past July 4th. When I arrived at the hotel, it was closed due to flooding. Okay, such things happen. But what happened next was, frankly, fraudulent -- by reservations.com

Unable to use the hotel rooms I had paid for due to flooding, I contacted reservations.com for a refund. Customer service then flat-out lied to me. Here is what they wrote:

David Schisgall
Subject: Reservation of Itinerary No. 268508645 of David Schisgall
JUL 05, 2016 | 11:39AM MDT
Kenneth O. replied:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We are a booking company and are not associated directly with any specific hotel. This means that we are not responsible for the hotels facility or its management. We have called the hotel regarding your refund request however they informed us that they will be charging both reservations ( 268508645 & 268508510 ) for the full amount. We have done everything we could to get a penalty waiver however this is their policy and we must comply. If there is any information that i am missing please let me know so we can further assist you on the refund request.

In point of fact -- as a representative from reservations.com later admitted to me by phone , reservations.com had not contacted the Knights Inn for my refund. Reservations.com had never given over my money to the Knights Inn. Instead, reservations.com kept my $500, told me that they had given it to Knight's Inn and that I should get it from them.

Only after several hours on the phone by myself and Knight's Inn did reservations.com admit their lies and refund my credit card.

If you use this company, you will get screwed. Don't.

David Schisgall

samf55
7/22/16

I dont have much online booking experience at all. I was amazed in the quality of the service and equally surprised in the quantity of options they provides each time which truly does help when comparing your choice.gives the best deals and the volume is huge....

andrewf73
7/22/16

The hotel they picked last time for me was a great one. I'm planning a holiday to Asia later this month and has really helped find the best prices for the best places to stay. How could I mange those things without you.

chrish231
7/21/16

They charged me us dollars even though I'm in Canada and travel in Canada. Beware they charge me $235 for a $110 (taxes in) run from these scammers

roisek
7/21/16

I have used reservations for almost over 2 years now and overall I am a satisfied customer. Have booked many hotels and flights through them over the years. Never had any dramas at all. Very easy to use it gives you a lot of different places to look at. Keep up the good work, the best hotel tool to use.

dyland22
7/20/16

Sitejabber is a great place to review and this time i'm reviewing Reservation.com , We were able to book some fantastic hotels to fit into our budget! This website is clean and easy to navigate and use. No more having to open multiple pages and comparing various websites to get the cheapest and the best hotel deals - this website brings them all up on the screen for you. Always ready to book holidays and this site makes it easy and quick...

simons79
7/15/16

Looking good so far. I have now booked accommodation for the nights at the beginning and end of our holiday. Hopefully all requests etc will turn out well. Very happy with prices.

kevins171
7/15/16

I thought I was booking on the hotel's own site, and was surprised to see my card charged for an additional non-refundable booking fee even though I had booked a refundable hotel reservation. If there was fine print to that effect, it was not noticeable. In my estimation this is fraudulent.
I will make sure I don't get caught again, and I would counsel anyone to do the same.

audreyl10

Very pleased

kimberleyf2
7/14/16

Read the fine print. If you cancel you cannot get a refund , nor will they give you credit for a different date. NEVER USE THEM.

mattd67
7/14/16

I loved this site, extremely unbelievable price.Very happy with their services.

sandrab118
7/13/16

i thought I was booking directly with the hotel. I okayed the price on-line. They asked for a credit card no., and presto my card was charged $100 more, no possibility of discussing the room. I tried to call, had trouble getting beyond the recorded messages and getting disconnected. Then I finally reached a live person, he said "yes, that s a marketing strategy to offer a lower price, then say all those rooms are booked and reserve at a higher price. I told him I considered their organization a scam. Buyers, be ware.

jasonm192
7/12/16

Everything is great! Thank you!

deborahh75
7/11/16

Thought I had called the hotel I wanted to book. When I called them back to cancel, they said I couldn't cancel because I didn't make the reservation through them. And they couldn't tell me who I had made it through, either. They said I would be charged for the room anyway if I couldn't figure out who I had made the reservation through and cancel through them. Fortunately, I figured it out somehow and managed to cancel it. But I am very disgusted with the situation. I hope it never happens again!

michaelc232
7/10/16

I purchased a room at Suburban Choice Hotel, a kitchenette for $55 a night! The room rate was fabulous and this is the best smelling hotel I have ever stayed in. The people are friendly and helpful and I will definitely stay in Suburban again and use Reservations again.

laurat67
7/8/16

I admit to not reading the fine print. It starts out that we do not charge a change or cancel fee so I thought I was okay. When you get to the very end it says "we retain a non-refundable processing fee" and so I'm out $14.99 for needing to cancel. I really thought I was on the hotel's website since it was the hotel I googled and where I wanted to be. Yep, my mistake but they are very misleading in their presentation.

beverlyw37
7/8/16

I was not satisfied with the difference in price of my Days Inn Hotel stay from the price charged to my American Express ($88.26 + $14.99 = $103.25) to the amount listed on the folio given to me at checkout - $69.40. I felt cheated especially because of the cheapness of the hotel room (soiled bed linens, cigarette burnt comforter set, damaged ceiling tiles, no toiletries, and the compact reception/ breakfast room was so cramped coupled with the fact that the Hotel was out of many breakfast supplies even though I went at 8:15 a.m.). I would like to request a credit because I did not think the experience was worth what I was charged. In my opinion, the most I think I should have paid was $49.99. Thank you for your respond to my request for a refund. I spoke to American Express but they suggested that I contact your service first.

brianj82
7/5/16

We reserved a room with 2 queen beds and even called the hotel to confirm. When arrived at midnight found the only room they had was a king bed and hid a bed. That did not work for 4 people.

ericg66
7/5/16

Very good location, friendly staff, good breakfast, clean and comfortable room

michaels462
7/4/16

The site makes itself appear to be the Hotel Site. Room rates are quoted but no disclosure is made as to the additional $14.99 booking fee Reservations.com is tacking on to what appears to be an Expedia booking (i.e., they book through Expedia and charge $14.99). I only discovered the $14.99 charge after my card had been run. I immediately called customer support and received a third party call center who had no contact information for Reservations.com, thought they work for them. They cancelled my reservation but claimed that he $14.99 was non refundable. This is bordering on fraud. No disclaimer, no contact number, no recourse. The Third Party call center said that they would request a refund from Reservations.com. I've received no follow up. Shame on this site. If my charge is not removed, I'll be reporting to the BBB. I've already disputed with my CC company.

tomasv8
7/4/16

I recently thought of planning a travel for inspiration. Drive my senses to look for a trustworthy hotel reservation website, Just got a click of reservations.com and guess what I got? User friendly interface of website made my search easy. Easy navigation through various options to search best hotels of my choice surprised me because many travel planning websites makes the process difficult for end user.

I was looking for something new. Large selection of hotels, simple and detailed information cut down the time in planning my hotel selection. Good customer support has addressed all my queries and the personal touch they give while resolving queries moved my heart. I never had this ultimate experience in my life. Quality Services of reservations.com insists me to post this review after my trip. My honest choice for my family and friends will be always reservation.com for planning their holidays. I will definitely take their services again for planning my travel to make more good memories.

johnw507
7/3/16

I was booking and saw time limited sale. It was for something like the next 15 min a room on sale for $115. I booked and was quite surprised by the total. Approx $168 because of the tax and service fee and then the approximately $15 booking fee on top of that as well.

irvingy
7/2/16

Easiest reservation I've made in the last 20 years on any site anywhere. Site is easy to use. Will always travel this way. online booking is great!

joet84
7/2/16

Answered all questions quickly and precisely. They book for thousands of hotels worldwide. And matches all our needs. A stress less booking process. Bravo Reservations.com!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
reservationsc
A: Hello,

Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely