Reservations.com reviews

Tel: 800-916-4339
support@reservations.com

milesm39
11/22/17

I searched for my hotel and the link that popped-up read sheraton.reservations.com. The part that made this fraudulent is that they are using the name of the hotel in their URL which tricks people to think they are booking with the actual hotel. Once you submit payment, you will notice that youve paid in USD to the wrong company.

Their call centre is in the Philippines and the bulk of their calls are in regards the this misleading scam. BE AWARE!

stephanied120
11/21/17

This site is simply dishonest!! Don't book with them.
Your credit card company although they know this is wrong cannot do anything because at the very very bottom of the page it does say USD, I got ripped off too!
Lesson learned! #!#!!!!!!!

matildap
11/15/17

Scam artist - I can not believe how many people have experienced the same thing and they are still getting away with it. I thought I was dealing with the hotel directly and I am Canadian and the hotel is Canadian but the site is in USD (not on the screen) and I was charge an exchange of 30% and a service charge. They are taking advantage of busy people who do not read all the fine print. My hotel shook their head and said they get complaints all the time - I asked why they do not remove themselves from being affiliated.

joannay4
11/14/17

I have never written a bad review for a company before but this was terrible. I thought I was booking with the hotel. When I realized I was on reservations.com I thought I would just finish the transaction. I booked the room and had somehow gotten the room for the current night not the night I needed it. What happened next was a terrible almost 2 hour experience. I contacted them within 1 minute of booking to change the date. I was charged the full price for for the room. They would not fix it. I had to speak to 4 different people and no one would help me.

jacquelinet27
11/13/17

Stay away from this site. Worse scammers and liars I have ever seen.
In other words they are robbers
Awful!!!!!!

eddyp5
11/12/17

I signed up from canada for a canadian hotel in a canadian province. When I reserved the room nowhere except at the very bottom of the page in very small very light gray print stating all prices in USD dollars. There is no way to know how much they are going to charge you unless you check your account. They will charge you twice than all other websites. THIS SITE IS A SCAM AND MISLEADING.

dillonb10
11/12/17

It looks like you are booking through the hotels website then they add 15 dollars extra what a ripoff

iany5
11/9/17

We also were charged almost double in taxes. When we complained, the representative said this was the first case of over charged taxes he had ever seen...I feel lucky I'm one in a million. We were also deceived by the representative stating that this was the cheapest rate that was available anywhere and everywhere and our information was stored and ready to go so no need to look any further. They also didn't disclose the $14.99 service fee. I'd be happy to join the list of complaints. This directly affects the hotels they represent. I also suggest calling the hotels to complain...you'll get further with them and maybe they will listen. With enough complaints, the hotels will take a stand.

sebastiend4
11/9/17

This is the worst service ever. Completely don't recommend booking through them. After 5 times calling them and asking to send a confirmation number, there is still nothing from them. I've ask a supervisor to call me back so I get my full refund as I was over charge by 60% when I've receive my cc statement and turned out be be way more expensive then what was agreed on and never got a call from them. Now I'm at the point where I'll have to call my cc company and flag them as fraud since all I've got from them so far is a talking to a representative over there without any kind of proof.

lisan115
11/8/17

WORST EVER!!!!! Thought I was making a reservation with the hotel direct... to my surprise it wasn't. I was also VERY surprised to have the full reservation charged to my credit card. I carefully reviewed the cancellation policy before I made the reservation as well as on the reservation confirmation. BOTH CLEARLY STATED the reservation was 100% refundable (see below). Once I learned the reservation was NOT made directly with the hotel I tried cancelling on line it told me NONE of the reservation was refundable if cancelled which as you can imagine was extremely concerning! I then called the reservation # and spoke to the same lady with the very strong accent...she told me she needed to review the cancellation policy, which was very strange! Why would an employee of reservations.com need to read a cancellation policy, are they not all the same??? I then told her I had a copy and she said that didn't matter, she needed to read and I would experience a period of silence!! Well it was a very long period of silence, I could have read a book in the amount of time it took her. She finally came back and told me my reservation was 100% NON-refundable! I again explained that I read the cancellation policy at the time I made the reservations, and also had the actual reservation confirmation which THEY (RESERVATIONS.COM) send me and it clearly stated no change or cancellation fee if cancelled by the date specified (see below). She then told me to call the hotel directly, which I knew would not benefit me at all, as they will refer me back to where the reservation was originally made. I demanded to speak with a supervisor, he finally came on the line and he too told me his records show its 100% non-refundable. I asked several times, why the reservation confirmation I have states differently and he told me he has no idea. He finally said he would need to call his support team, I asked who that was & he said a company higher than him! WTF I THEN asked if he worked for reservation.com and he told me yes I work WITH them. I said that wasn't my question, my question was "do you WORK FOR reservations.com"... I also told him the call was being recorded. He continued say WITH. Such a scam!! I then asked if he had a copy of my reservation and confirmation in front of him. He said YES, I asked why didn't he just review that in the beginning. I insisted that he read out loud what the cancellation policy stated on my confirmation in front of him... He reluctantly read it to me (see below). After he finished reading I asked him why there was ANY question at all regarding my reservation being fully refundable, he told me that's NOT what his records show and that his records show its 50% refundable. On a positive note they went from 100% to 50%. Mind you...my total was $16,218 PLUS their $14.99 for a grand total of $16,232.99. You can see why I was SO careful reviewing the cancellation policy before making the reservation! After nearly 25 minutes he came back and said they agreed to make an exception due to conflicting information on their website! I didn't have the energy to ask what he meant by that, as the only conflicting information was the information he supposedly was reading in front of him. After 67 minutes and 38 seconds I finally received cancellation confirmations for all 5 rooms. He reassured me the credit would be processed in 10-15 business days. He also told me he was willing to credit me back the $14.99 for MY confusion! I don't get it! I confirmed his first name, when I asked for his last name he told me they are not allowed to give last names. I then asked for some other proof I spoke to him and he gave me his employee # (FRANK - EMPLOYEE # 63058). After spending 67 minutes and 38 seconds of my life, which I will NEVER get back, on the phone with the most corrupt individuals I can understand why they wouldn't want to give their last names, they are worried someone will find them! I wouldn't recommend reservations.com to my worst enemy! I CAN'T believe the Federal Trade Commission nor Better Business Bureau hasn't anything to put these crooks out of business!

================================================================
Following is a cut & paste of the cancellation policy I took from my hotel reservation confirmation as well as my entire copy of my hotel reservation to prove this nightmare REALLY happened and is NOT 'Fake news'!

Hotel Cancellation Policy
We understand that sometimes your travel plans change. We do not charge a change or cancel fee. However, this property (Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor) imposes the following penalty to its customers that we are required to pass on: Cancellations or changes made after 4:00 PM ((GMT-04:00)) on Sep 8, 2018, or no-shows, are subject to a 1 Night Room & Tax penalty. The USD 14.99 fee included in the total is non-refundable. We do not charge any additional change or cancellation fees. The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees. Any partial hotel stays is subject to be charged for the full reservations amount.
===============================================================
Congratulations Lisa, you are on your way! Your hotel room reservation at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor is confirmed.
Your reservation details are below.
Guest Details

Room 3:

Room 4:

Room 5:
Guests: 1 Adult(s), 0 Children

Please note: Preferences and special requests cannot be guaranteed. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges.
Payment Details
Room Sub Total: 13062 (excluding taxes and fees)
Taxes & Fees: 3156
Sub Total: 16218
Service Fee: 14.99
Total: 16232.99 (including taxes and fees)

We have charged your credit card for the total amount of this reservation. All prices are displayed in $ USD. The charges to your credit card were made by Travelscape LLC & Reservations.com
Hotel Cancellation Policy
Check-in Instructions
Know Before You Go The seasonal pool will be open from May to October. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Fees The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. Breakfast fee: between USD 20.00 and USD 100 per person (approximately) Self parking fee: USD 30 per day (in/out privileges) Valet parking fee: USD 42 per day (in/out privileges) Pet fee: USD 100.00 per pet, per stay Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per day The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
To view or cancel your reservation or if you need help regarding your booking, please visit http://support.reservations.com or call 855-516-1090

Reservations.com Support Team

juliee36
11/7/17

I thought I was booking through the hotel since it appeared I was on the hotel's site. NO WHERE on the "hotel" site did it say there was a $14 fee for booking the room. After I paid for the room, it showed an additional $26. A chat window pops up asking if I need help booking the room. I explain that I don't need help booking the room, but would like to know what the extra fee is for.... The response is that the fee is for helping me. Ug.

marcoc49
11/7/17

I m in Canada I search a hotel and show up this site. So I saw a good deal and I pay with my credit card, but they didn't advice me was USA dollars ever. They work like a scam you thing is a good deal and you insert the credit card thinking is CAD dollars and is not, they dont advice you in the price. They dont show your pre order after insert your credit card because they dont want you know that. After I put the credit card they send a message telling we charge you 20 dollars cad and more 300 cad dolares and was suposed just pay 200, and the first 20 dollars aren't refundable. I call to them and the guy said is not going return that money ever. because I should know. SCAMING, and they are in orlando USA If I want to do claim.

tracyp65
11/7/17

I booked a hotel from what I thought was the hotels website. (my bad for not looking closer and discovering it was actually reservations.com) I watched that it was in Canadian currency (it all was) and for free cancellation options. I picked the hotel room and proceeded through payment and not once did it inform me of a $14.99 US fee. When it sent my confirmation number etc. I noticed the amount was about $50 more than it should have been. I went straight to my credit card info app and noticed an amount approx $150 more than what they confirmed. I called them back immediately. I was told the amount was my Canadian exchange rate. The rates on the page were US but clearly stated Canadian. (What??) How can they do this, I do not know. I wanted to cancel my reservation and they said I couldn't. I ended up calling the hotel directly getting a much better rate and then had to prove to reservation.com that I did infact rebook and they would refund my credit card the amount they charged me. But....here's the kicker, they won't do the refund until they're good and ready and I have $500 less credit on my card as I leave for a 5 day trip. And guess what? THEY DON'T CARE! The customer service is atrocious. The lady was friendly but they don't give an inch. How is this legal? The website is an outright lie. Oh, by the way...reservation.com is "Expedia"

paulw273
11/6/17
• Updated review

When I had my stay, I checked with the hotel to make sure that my reservation through reservations.com had been timely cancelled. It had, but I found out reservations.com had actually made the reservation through Priceline.com.

“Stay away”
• Previous review

This is a big rip off. I made my reservation directly with the hotel and it $50.00 per night cheaper. They add service charges to the tab. They don't tell you there will be service charges for cancellations. Stay away from them. They create the appearance as though they are taking the reservation for the hotel. Zero stars!

glennas4
11/6/17

I completely agree with the 494 negative reviews that have gone before mine. This company should not be allowed to conduct business. The site deliberatively deceives, overcharges, and underserves. I hope the BBB will investigate and discredit this organization. Thirty-one negative reviews (100%) and 161 customer complaints speak volumes with respect to the lack of integrity of reservations.com. Make sure you are not unintentionally dealing with this horrid organization.

jacobg48
11/6/17

Just go to the hotel website. Horrible customer service who barely speak English and cancellation fees.

davidt293
11/1/17

I was incensed at the price gouging!! Taxes added up to 20% on top of the "hidden" service fee.I had to work hard and wait on hold, but I finally convinced a supervisor to cancel the reservation AND refund the non-refundable service fee.
At first she refused, but then I read the headlines to her from their reviews on this site. And also threatened a chargeback.
After this, she offered me a one-time waive of the $14.99 fee and full cancellation.

kathyy4
11/1/17

BUYER BEWARE!! RESERVATIONS.COM - DO NOT USE!!
I partly blame myself for multi-tasking while making a reservations. I thought I was reserving through the hotel website - before I knew it I had an email from reservations.com ...card was charged in full for the room. Plans changed and I tried to cancel the reservation. They would not allow. I called the hotel and they told me they would love for me to cancel because they had a waiting list for rooms - and that "...reservations.com is a sham - they set up ghost accounts and never let us see your credit card so we cannot cancel and credit you back..." I will never use this site and I will make sure all my travel friends beware.

terrys171
11/1/17

I inadvertently used this site when I booked and prepaid for a room for Oct 14/17 at Lewis and Clark motel in Billings Montana thinking I was doing it with the motel directly. The confirmation I received advised that to cancel the booking I needed to give notice before 6:00 pm Oct 12th/17. This was to be done by email to a link contained in the confirmation. By then I realized I was dealing with a booking company. Fine. A few minutes before 4:00 pm on Oct 12th I clicked the link and sent a cancellation. I also sent one directly to the motel, which responded that I needed to cancel through the booking company. As I had already done that I took no further steps. There was no advise that my letter to Reservations.com could not/was not delivered. No refund. Many conversations with some ladies with heavy accents (all the same), it what country I don't know, resulted in a refusal to issue the refund. Never said that they didn't get the cancellation (copies of all my emails on this were sent to them), they just kept repeating that the motel wouldn't consent to it. The motel has nothing to do with this - my contract was with the booking agency and I complied with what was requested of me. Conversations with the motel manager were simply that they had nothing to do with it I needed to deal with the booking company.

Be careful dealing with this company - they are bandits.

suec111
10/31/17

This website is deceptive at the very least. Makes the site appear as if it is the LOCAL site for Country Inn & Suites On Circle Drive in Lincoln, Nebraska. After suspecting something was 'not right about the room rate', I called the number and when I asked I was assured I was speaking with a front desk clerk in Lincoln. They charged my card six months as a non refundable. I have turned this over to the credit card fraudulent department. This company needs to be investigated.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT trust this site.

annas251
10/30/17

I googled phone number for a local hotel in order to make reservations, needless to say I was re-routed to reservations.com. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them. I requested 2 rooms with adjoining rooms, with balconies. I was assured that because I booked 6 months before check in, I would get both adjoining rooms and balconies. Upon arrival we received neither adjoining rooms or balconies. I was told by the hotel concierge that they don't have adjoining rooms for type of reservation. Also none of the rooms have balconies. Reservations.com also cancelled the wrong night on one of the rooms. The hotel had to scramble to find us another room. I have called reservations.com 6 times for some type of compensation, their answer was that they were going to look into the issue and get back to me, they did not. I was also told that I was being charged US dollars because the hotel is American, it is NOT, the hotel is located in Orillia, Ontario, Canada. My suggestion, please book directly with the hotel and make sure you do not get re-routed to reservations.com.

richardh273
10/27/17

Googled the hotel and thought I was at their site but turned out to be Reservations.com
Got charged a non refundable
$14.99 service fee that is not mentioned ever! Could have saved that fee and got a better rate directly from the hotel
Stay away
Wish I could warn people before they make reservations

peterk157
10/27/17

Reservations.com is a total fraud. First they get you on the phone by advertising (on Google Ad - their accomplice) as the "official site" for the hotel. When they answer the phone they ask which property you're calling about as if they are with the hotel chain you think you're calling. Then they take you though the booking process and take payment. Give you a confirmation code and the call ends. I my case I was in New York City. I wen tot he hotel and was told they had no reservation in my name and had been completely booked since before I booked my stay. Fortunately I still had the number I called in my cell phone's memory. I called the number expecting to talk to the hotel chain's reservation staff. I determined that it wasn't the chain it was this fraudulent service - Reservations.com. This began my odyssey of outrageous treatment and four hours of repeated calls after being put on hold for 30 minutes, having them hang-up, and promises of return phone calls. All the while being stuck standing around in Times Square. I was finally told that they could only offer me a room but that I would have to pay substantially more for the room. I had already looked into rooms and the lowest price I found was $996. That was simply not going to happen. I'll not bore you with further details. At 12:30 AM I gave up and took a train to Stamford Connecticut and got a room there. I cannot stress enough what a complete fraud this service is. They should be both avoided by all trying to book a hotel and prosecuted for their obviously fraudulent activities. Last word of advice - be very careful when booking or calling what you thinking is a hotel from an internet source. They are very slick in their misrepresentation online. It's almost impossible to tell they are a fraud.

rogerp41
10/27/17

I telephoned a specific hotel site and through the ritual of press 1, press 2, press 3, etc., was taken to what I though was the hotel booking desk. It turned out to be a rip-off site of reservations.com. The first strike was talking to a foreigner who really couldn't handle the English language. I booked a hotel room and the next day had to ask the hotel I booked at a specific question and through conversation learned I could have gotten a much better rate through them directly. I cancelled through booking site and was refunded the hotel rate but the booking site, which was then identified as reservations.com (not affiliated with any specific hotel) kept a fee of $14.99 just to talk to me. I talked to reservations.com again and they said they would not refund the $14.99 because they "serviced" me. I didn't know I had gone through a third party just to book a hotel. Be sure you identify whom you are booking with before proceeding with your personal information. By the way, that hotel I wanted to book with is now forever off my preferred list of decent hotels.

danip16
10/24/17

I googled a hotel and was taken directly to this site. I made a reservation that was a day off from what I needed due to their misleading calendar. Customer service was awful. They are not helpful at all. I immediately called my Visa credit card and disputed the charge. They are a sketchy outfit. My story is the same as all of the other reviews. Stay away!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

THEY ARE OWNED BY SCUMBAGS

By BRODIE A.

Hello, Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely Reservations.com Support Team

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]

Hello Brodie, We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]

Yes, this company charges a fee, which it will not refund even if you cancel your reservation within minutes!

By Dr S.

Yes, you were billed. Call your credit card company and report it as an unauthorized charge. Your company should remove it, send you a new card and assign you a new card number.

By Dr S.

You need to contact the florida attorney general. They are the only ones who can file a criminal complaint against them. Here is their website: http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Consumer_Protection_Division Here is reservation.com's info to put on the form: (800) 916-4439 390 N Orange Ave STE 1515 Orlando, FL 32801-1645 Orange County Here is my letter that you can edit for your own use: They are doing something very simple but effective to scam a lot of people. They allow you to book a hotel room, and then in tiny grey print at the bottom of the page (below the submit button to pay the hotel reservation), there is a separate link to a "terms and conditions" page. In these terms, they say they will add $14.99 to your booking. This $14.99 fee is neither conspicuous nor located near the actual place where you will purchase the room. From what I have read of the law, prices must be near the item and conspicuously displayed. There is one browser (I think chrome on Windows) where the fee appears in the right margin, but it does not appear on mobile (iphone in my case) or most other browsers. So, what happened to me is that I needed to stay in a cheap motel and booked it through them - and then suddenly this $14.99 fee was added AFTER my charge was accepted. I never saw that $14.99 fee before I gave my approval. I did it all on my phone and there was no mention of the charge. It took me 20 minutes later to figure out where the charge came from. Their terms and conditions page is very hard to find and it is extremely long, with the mention of the $14.99 buried in the middle of extensive text. So, I had two charges on my credit card: 14.99 and 79.82. I called their customer service in the Philippians to cancel the whole thing a few minutes after I saw the charge, and they refused, saying it was all "non-refundable". So, I put it in dispute with my credit card company, but they also have this angle covered... Reservations.com puts two charges on your credit card. One is for the hotel ($79.82 in my case) and then their $14.99 "service fee". $14.99 is below the threshold where a credit card company will force them to repay the money in a chargeback. So, when I put the two amounts into dispute, I got the $14.99 back overnight simply because my bank paid it back to me. But, reservations.com still got to keep this amount. The $79.82 is "not refundable" - but I wouldn't have stayed in this place if I knew it had a $14.99 fee attached to it. So, I disputed that as well (I never stayed in the hotel). This took weeks to get back because it was an actual dispute that reservations.com had to pay back. Although I got the money back, I wanted to write to you because they would not refund me directly. I had to get it through a chargeback, and also they are scamming hundreds of people, and because they identified all the loopholes in the system, they are getting away with it. So, I am hoping they will be investigated and face consequences for what they are doing. Thank you.

By Mike S.

Good Morning Don R. Depending on your bank or credit card provider, it may take up to 28 business days for the refund to process through your financial institution to your account. If you would like to check the status of your refund, please contact your bank or credit card provider for further assistance. Sincerely, Customer Support Reservations.com

By Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?