US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

markm337
2/19/17

Incredibly misleading website link. It appears you're communicating directly with the hotel. Customer service is useless. Should be criminal or at least a violation of the consumer protection act as to how they operate. Service fee pops up after you pay.

tedk28
2/18/17

They will charge you $14.99 to make a reservation and tell you is is not refundable. They make their page appear as it is the page of the hotel you are booking.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

davidg372
2/18/17

I looked up my hotel on my phone and used the 800 number on what looked like the hotel page. Like others, I thought I was talking to the hotel, not a third party. I was never told I was talking to someone else. The person on the phone had a heavy accent so the whole process was difficult. I was charged an extra $14.99 on my credit card that the agent never mentioned. It would be stupid to agree to pay extra fees for making a reservation directly. Also, I never got an email receipt. The hotel said my check-out receipt would have to come from the third party. That was my first clue that I didn't book with the hotel directly. I called and complained to Reservations.com. They promised to correct the email address and send a receipt and said they would refund the $14.99. Neither happened. This company needs to be investigated by the FTC. This company is a pure rip-off, in my opinion.

Tip for consumers: Be sure who you are talking to when you call a hotel for reservations. I thought I was talking to the hotel, not a fee agency that couldn't even get my email straight (assuming they actually wanted to).

cristip1
2/17/17

If I could give this a zero rating I would! This site is nothing but a scam. Like several of the other reviews, I really thought I was booking directly with the hotel site. i literally had no idea that I was booking with this third party. I booked a hotel in Torrington, Wyoming. However when I went to check in, I was told that I did not have a reservation. When I looked up the confirmation number I was horrified to find out they had actually booked me in a hotel in Torrington, Connecticut, which I didn't even know existed. I immediately began making phone calls and trying to fix the situation. I was transferred to several people, none of which spoke clear English. Even though I explained the mix-up I was told that there was nothing they could do and that my money would not be refunded. Here I was in a town, not my home and no place to stay. On top of that I was paying for a room somewhere in Connecticut that wouldn't help me at all. This site is very misleading. I'll be contacting the BBB. Even though I explained how upset I was, they told me there was nothing they could do. This is terrible business.

angiel48
2/17/17

My husband thought he was booking three rooms through Hampton Inn for work. The next day I had two charges on my bank account one for $14.99 and one for $499.00. from reservations.com. His meeting was canceled so I called the hotel to cancel the room and they told me I had to call this rude third party company that booked it. They told me it was non refundable. I canceled several days before the date but they still refused to refund any money. I told him I was contacting the BBB and he just said have a nice day. Very misleading when you go to the hotels site and then get sent to these people to pay and be ripped off.

alicew67
2/15/17

Thought I was making the reservation directly with the hotel - by the time I realized (as soon as I completed reservation, i tried to call and cancel. The said "no refund", and my credit card had already been charged the full amount of my stay, plus $14.99. This was 5 minutes after I booked! And they said if I cancelled, I would lose the entire amount - over $2000!!! NEVER AGAIN! Make sure you are on the actual hotel website, or even better call the hotel directly!

richardw215
2/12/17

When I received the accounting of the bill, which was immediately charged to my credit card there was a HUGE hidden fee added. When we arrived a the hotel the rooms I paid for were not available nor were they available at the time the reservation was made. When I went the Website fro Reservation.com there was no service. Do not get ripped of by this fake server as I did.

tomb257
2/12/17

i was redirected on travolicity and end up paying more than the hotel site tax and fees were 8 dollars more and hidden fees of 15 dollars i will post my reviews on every web site i can find you guys are crooks

johnd716
2/11/17

I was trying to book a hotel in Miami with a parking package and somehow got redirected to this website. After the reservation was completed, I waited 2 days for a confirmation that never came. I called this outfit and was told they were having computer problems? I decided to call the hotel and they had the reservation but it
was nothing like I had asked for, i.e. nothing having to do with a cruise package so
I called Reservations.com and cancelled. Luckily they got the part about getting a
cancellable reservation right. A week or so later I got my credit card bill with a charge
from them for a $14.99 booking fee. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS BUNCH OF CON MEN.

scotts237
2/9/17

Be aware of wolf in sheeps clothing!!! This company is part of travelocity and I am still perplexed as to how my hotel booking happened through them. When I found the charge on my card I called the company and asked "why did you charge me for this?" They said we have a no cancellation policy. I confirmed that from the time the reservation was booked till the time it was cancelled it was a total of... 14 minutes! Plus to rub it in they charge a booking fee of $14.99. I have never heard of that nor would I agree to it.

Needless to say the customer service rep would not refund me my money and eventually hung up on me. I called the hotel and got the charges reversed but during the call I found out that it was a travelocity company. So just be aware these companies are operating in a number of different domains but they do not disclose who they really are.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

carole326
2/6/17

As with most of the other reviewers, I thought I was booking through the hotel directly. I spoke to someone from India and we couldn't understand each other. It took 1-1/2 hours to make the reservation. He told me there was a $100.00 refundable deposit which I thought was strange. And that I could cancel free of charge. And, like others, I didn't get a confirmation e-mail as promised. I wanted out at this point, so after another hour and getting transferred to a supervisor, I got the cancellation. Nobody told me there was a $14.99 booking fee! I found that when I checked my credit card. They did cancel the reservation finally, but I'm stuck for a $14.99 fee for a reservation I had less than an hour (and tried to cancel sooner, but kept getting hung up on). I guess the $14.99 was what is cost me to BE MORE CAREFUL in the future and NEVER to use this company or any like them ever. I will only go through the hotel themselves in the future. The prices are almost the same, sometimes cheaper with an AAA or AARP discount. I am pissed!

jenniferc243
2/4/17

Like everyone else I thought I was booking reservation with the actual hotel. Tried to cancel and re-book once I realized my mistake as hotel site rate was less. Noticed the $14.99 nonrefundable charge in the fine print once the confirmation popped up that my reservation was complete and that they had charged my card in full for the entire stay. Deceptive to say the least. Tried to call immediately to get it refunded but they said it was a 'site management' fee. Total scam.

guadalupeg13
2/2/17

I realized today that a reservation I was sure to have made through Booking.com ended up with this horrible thieving site. They never sent me a confirmation email and now I understand why - they did not want me to know right away that I had ended up with them. How? I have no clue, but I WENT TO BOOKING.COM. Not only did they charge me $35 more per night than the hotel's advertise rate, they also charged me a $14.99 reservation fee and to top it all off, when I called today, exactly one week after the reservation was made and one week before I'm due to arrive at the hotel, they told me that my reservation was non-refundable. Just plain wrong!! They are horrible people. Their agents don't give a darn about anything except making their illegal money. Someone should shut them down, since I have found nothing but horrible things about them online. Never knew they existed and I'll make it my life's mission from this point forward to spread the word about how horrible and how dishonest their practices are. I do hope the money they stole from me serves them well, since it is going to be the only $186.65 that they get from me.

stephunc
1/29/17

I booked a 1 bedroom through this company, which at the time I thought was the Westin Hotel sight, looks the same and I have book for some years. After booking I received email from Resevation.com instead of the Westin and the price was higher then I had agreed plus they had an addtional $14.95 charge and it was in USA dollars!
I was booking in Canada & travelling in Canada & was charged in US dollars, I never received an email confirming my reservation, so called the hotel directly to make sure it was booked, and at least it was. I called reservations.com directly 3 days prior to my vacation.
So make sure to check the link as this company uses the actual hotel that face page.
I have filed a fradulent claim with my credit card company (RBC).

andreaa54
1/27/17

this company presents itself as the hotel and then charges a 15.00 fee that you are not aware of until your credit card goes through and then its too late!!!!!

tinap44
1/26/17

I thought I was calling Best Western but somehow got this company without knowing it wasn't Best Western themselves. I was over charged for the room and I checked out early and now I have to wait til "someone" can approve my early checkout? Then I was charged some fee of $14.99 for what? I have no idea. My hotel I stayed in has a max rate of $85/ night and Reservations.com customer service told me they have the lowest discounted rates but charged me $105/night. It's a shame!

amyt78
1/24/17

Don't use this site. You think you are on the hotel site And somehow you get on here. You fill out 1 minimal page and think you get to review breakdown of charges but when you hit confirm it is all over. The charge is not for what it should have been and then they charge an additional 14.99 fee as "electronics". I will be reporting them to the bbb and credit card company. The hotel I booked does not even see the reservation. Scam. Stay away

daver115
1/24/17

represented itself as the Toronto hotel, presentation was close but did not readily say it was a third party booking. Offered good rate BUT DID NOT advertise it in USD on the front page, was not until the email came in I saw the USD on the price which when converted was CAD$25 more than the Hotel price.
FRAUD Ripp-off artists. No answer at the 800 or 866 numbers. only recouse is to file with the credit card to have the charges cancelled, shall see how that goes.
DON'T USE RESERVATIONS.COM its a Ripp-off

alaynnah
1/24/17

If I could I would give them not even a one star. Absolutely ridiculous that I was not only charged almost $20.00 more than what the room was but there was an additional 14.99 service fee that I was completely unaware of! Please think twice about going through this service!!!

jamesj194
1/21/17

Incredibly misleading.
The website suggested that by calling the rates would be better.
The operator did give me a better rate and insisted that the rate 'included tax' unfortunately when I looked at my bank statement this was incorrect. I was also never made aware that a $15 fee would also be charged for using the service. It now turns out that this 'better' rate was in fact worse!
I have now called and emailed numerous times to try and resolve this matter (I expect a refund of the difference between rates and the booking fee) however nobody has returned my correspondence.
Do NOT use reservations.com

michellem231
1/18/17

I was charged $14.99 on my card. The reservation was made through Expedia.com not through Reservation.com. I would like a refund of this money since it was not stated in the phone call. Also, the price was $5.00 more than quoted. Please assist.

gordonp14
1/17/17

This site is a scam. You have to pay as soon as you book and then they apply a no cancellation policy. I need to re-book and lost my full payment. I talked to them but they did not care. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

evanw26
1/16/17

Not only did they get the reservation wrong. They charged $40 above what they quoted. DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS!

kj201
1/16/17

Reservations.com ad for the hotel name I googled came in higher and bolder than the hotel itself, and I didn't pay attention to the website address for the hotel 800- number I called. Fell into a den of thieves. Stay away.

jalanellj
1/14/17

I thought I made a reservation with the hotel and during check-in is when my party discovered that it was booked through the third party agency. They misspelled my name on the itinerary, didn't mention a $14.99 processing fee. The reservation agent also lied about the resort fee and taxes being included in my non refundable reservation payment. I was also provided false information in what was supposed to be a complimentary shuttle service from and to the airport. We wound up paying and additional $60.00 to cover our stay and transportation. After having had called three time's I was finally connected with customer service so now I wait on my request for a refund to cover the unexpected expenses.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question