US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

michellem231
1/18/17

I was charged $14.99 on my card. The reservation was made through Expedia.com not through Reservation.com. I would like a refund of this money since it was not stated in the phone call. Also, the price was $5.00 more than quoted. Please assist.

gordonp14
1/17/17

This site is a scam. You have to pay as soon as you book and then they apply a no cancellation policy. I need to re-book and lost my full payment. I talked to them but they did not care. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

evanw26
1/16/17

Not only did they get the reservation wrong. They charged $40 above what they quoted. DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS!

kj201
1/16/17

Reservations.com ad for the hotel name I googled came in higher and bolder than the hotel itself, and I didn't pay attention to the website address for the hotel 800- number I called. Fell into a den of thieves. Stay away.

jalanellj
1/14/17

I thought I made a reservation with the hotel and during check-in is when my party discovered that it was booked through the third party agency. They misspelled my name on the itinerary, didn't mention a $14.99 processing fee. The reservation agent also lied about the resort fee and taxes being included in my non refundable reservation payment. I was also provided false information in what was supposed to be a complimentary shuttle service from and to the airport. We wound up paying and additional $60.00 to cover our stay and transportation. After having had called three time's I was finally connected with customer service so now I wait on my request for a refund to cover the unexpected expenses.

kp86
1/13/17

I made a reservation and they gave me a bogus confirmation code. When I called the hotel directly to confirm my reservation, they showed no reservation. I was on the phone for 5 hours trying to secure a reservation because at that point the hotel was sold out. It is two weeks later and I am on the phone still trying to get a refund from reservations.com as I had to book a room directly from the hotel. This has been a nightmare!

karlv8
1/12/17

Like many other reviews, I did not know I was on this website. Talked to the hotel and they told me this organization is very sneaky how they do it. I made a reservation for three rooms for three nights under three reservation names. They pre-charged me $1467. I cancelled due to business within the cancellation window (3 days prior). After a week of no contact from them, I called back about the refund. They said they would charge one reservation one night's rate, and the other two the full amount, despite me canceling within the prescribed time. So, they charged me $1130. Then to cap it off, they lied to me saying the hotel was the one that required these charges. I talked to the hotel again and they said they didn't charge anything. Stay far, far away. Reservations.com is nothing but a scam!!!

terryu1
1/9/17

Called them today and gave me a price and I said I would call them back. They said that the hotel booking price was the best I was going to find. So I booked. I then went back on the internet and found several other agencies that were cheaper. Tried to get a hold of there customer service which I kept getting this message about changing the reservation saying read what they had been sent. Found out they keep the fee no matter what. Don't get ripped off by Reservation.com. Book somewhere else.

sandys103
1/8/17

I thought I was making a reservation with the hotel and after confirming, discovered I reserved through this website, which charged me more for the room than the listed price at the hotel PLUS charged me almost $15 extra for using the site. So my $114 room cost me $165. I still have no idea how I was transferred to this site from the hotel's site.

lz9
1/8/17

We were on our way to Orlando and decided to search for a hotel in the area. We picked out a hotel based on good reviews on TripAdvisor, so typed a google search for that hotel's website. Went on what I thought was their website and made reservations. Got a confirmation and they charged quite a bit more than advertised. I called and tried to get someone to speak with. Got on a loop auto message and could not reach anyone for over 20 minutes. Finally a person came on line, but the connection was very poor and couldn't understand him (foreign accent) when I could hear. Finally realized it was not the hotel's phone number I was dialing, it was reservations.com! What a farce! Who needs to be charged $15 for them to make your reservations and for them to trick you into thinking you are using the hotel's website. Nowhere on the page was there any information that the $15 fee would be charged. This is fraud at its' worse! Most people leaving reviews here seem to have fallen into the same trap as we did, so it will be too late for most if they are looking for reviews. Of course, who would look up reviews for them unless they were tricked into it like we were! When we arrived at the hotel two hours later, they did not have our reservation and were very rude when they found out we did not make our reservation through them. They told us to have a seat and it would probably be some time before they could have time to contact the third party (Reservations.com) to get our reservation. We were tired, it was late, we waited about 45 minutes, even tried to make another reservation at the same rate we saw and the hotel refused, so we walked out. Disputed with my credit card and have received a refund.

janicec47
1/6/17

I had the same problem as many other reviewers. Thought I was on Planet Hollywoods website, no where on the website was cancellation information or the $14.99 fee. Tried to work with them to resolve problem and they did nothing to work with me. Never again, stay away from them!

claudiac46
1/5/17

Good news. My Jabber (and Trip Advisor) review appear to have gotten a response from Reservations.com. They fully refunded their fee and the overcharge for our stay at La Quinta in Terrell Texas. I am very pleased. I only wish they had been so responsive without my having to post my negative reviews.

cherrym11
1/4/17

I first booked and called them and they told me that my rate is $215 + tax and fees $48.45=total $263.75, then when I received my billing statement I was charged $263.75 & $14.99 for their fee of using reservations.com. When I called them the agent first told me that their fees are included in the $48.45 and she did not know what the $14.99 was for so she transferred me to customer service. That customer service agent tells me that no that information was incorrect and the fees are not included in the $48.45. I also mentioned that when I booked this reservation they failed to tell me that there was a booking fee and resort fee that hotel would charge me. They refused to credit me the agent me and said they could not do anything about it. Overall I was charged over $300 for a one night stay for a standard value room. Do not used reservations.com they are scam artist and will not help you or refund your money. You are better off booking online directly with Travelocity or Agoda. You will not be charge additional booking fees. Do not book with reservations.com they are a terrible travel company who will not help you or refund your money back for their mistakes.

kathleenk42
12/28/16

Scammed right along with everyone else. I, too, called the "hotel" direct as assumed. They booked wrong hotel & don't want to fix the problem, though my entire party is staying at another hotel. Can't speak with anyone. Called 8 times & once got to the part of them helping.... they would each say, I'm sorry, I can't hear & hung up!!!!

This site NEEDS to be shut down & I will contact the BBB as well!!!!

carola95
12/24/16

CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!!!!! THEY TRIED TO SCAM US ! WE CONTACTED OUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND OPENED AN INVESTIGATION AND THE CHARGES ARE REMOVED. Customer service here is a joke and this company is fraud. STAY AWAY!

kimberlyb79
12/23/16

I also thought I was on the hotels actual website because they are deceitful. There is nothing saying you will be changed right then, it was not shown it was non- refundable and it did not show that there was a nothing refundable. My $64 room ended up being over $90. I'm going to report them to someone. I'm beyond pissed.

sherrik8
12/20/16

Unfortunately I accidentally booked a room on this site. I thought I was on the actual hotel website. I could have gotten a better rate directly from the hotel and they charged a $14.99 fee that was in no way disclosed to me before hand. I sent a message to their CS team but from the reviews I've been reading I will never hear back from them. Getting a hotel room for New Years Eve is a splurge for us anyway then dishonest people scam us out of more money than we should be paying. How can people sleep at night ripping off people? Has anyone had luck disputing and getting the $14.99 fee refunded?

kirsteng5
12/20/16

Searching and booking a hotel room in Canada. Website is very deceiving in that it does not tell you rates are in US dollars. With exchange rate it ended up costing more! They were accommodating in refunding my purchase. But, exchange rates were different only hours later so I lost $20 CDN there. I also was not refunded the reservation fee of $20. Deceiving website!

chipv2
12/15/16

WOW What looked like a holiday inn site was in fact a 3rd party provider. I had to cancel due to BAD winter storm and not able to make my drive to the destination. They charged me $14.99 for a "service fee" which i did not use. A website provides NO SERVICE at all. be careful and watch that you are making a reservation on the hotels site and not a 3rd party website. Now they have my CC info etc. so i will cancel that card as well.... UGH!!!!!!

debh36
12/15/16

I will NEVER use this site again. The rate I was changed was actually higher than the hotel's rate and a $14.99 FEE was added!

barbarak73
12/12/16

Reservations.com is a dishonest rip-off company. They charge you $15 "non-refundable processing fee" when all the while their "cancellation policy" states that they do not charge a change or cancel fee.

I will never ever use this service again, and I hope to warn others of this crooked outfit. Don't ever use this bad bad company.

mgw
12/12/16

So disappointed that there is a surcharge of $14.99US upon booking my reservations. I will not use this company again and will certainly advise everyone I know to do the same. I there was notice Then I missed it. Total scam!!!!

vivianl39
12/9/16

This company is the worst. Looks like hundreds (probably thousands) of people have had the same experience. They set up their site and URL to make it look like it could be the actual hotel website. If there is any notification of the non-refundable fee it must be so small or hidden because I was very careful when booking and I didn't see it. Their customer service is horrible. They are basically one of those call center scam companies just taking $14.95 from tons of people and getting rich off of that.

I am going to make it my mission to make sure that everyone I know never uses this site.

cryf
12/8/16

they charge service fee $14.99!! I called them about it and they just said it is in the term and conditions. Bad

rebeccan31
12/7/16

Unfortunately I didn't check the reviews before I booked what I thought was a good deal. I thought I was making a reservation through the hotel directly and didn't realize I was redirected to reservation.com until my transaction was finalized and I wanted to know why my fees were so high. When I called the customer service number I realized it was a third party vendor. I was then told about their service fee of $14.99. I refuse to pay service fees. When I asked for a full refund I was told that their service fee was non refundable bacuse I had to pay for their service. In my opinion I did not use their service. I did not stay at the hotel and I was dissatisfied with their fees. Also I was when I asked to speak with manager I was placed on hold for 30 minutes and transferred over seas. When I told the service manager how unhappy I was he threatened to hang up on me. I told him to process my refund immediately or I will take legal action. He told me to go ahead and try. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question

Answer
reservationsc
Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]
A: Hello,

Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely