Reservations.com reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

chrisc328
3/27/17

In the middle of a credit card dispute because they refuse to issue a refund when their site had no such mention of their policies until you got a confirmation email. These guys are a third party through Expedia and they bury their own fees into their terms of service. DO NOT USE THESE CLOWNS. Book through reputable sites.

leannap
3/26/17

NEVER USE THIS SITE....Charge you in USDollar and no where on the site does it say it is USDollar and some BS charge of $14.99 is added to your booking and never refunded. Go through Expedia or Travelocity if not Directly through Hotel site you are staying at Worst company to deal with!!!.

douglasw30
3/26/17

I had gone onto the internet to book a reservation for a hotel which somehow, unknown to me, connected me to reservations.com. There were the usual questions about required name, dates, and credit card number. For some unknown reason, when I went to confirm the booking, it wouldn't take it because it wanted a valid phone number? That box for the phone number went blank. So I again entered the same phone number and again pushed the Submit button. Unknown to me, I had just booked twice although the first try wouldn't proceed because it claimed that the phone number, which I've had for over 25 years, was invalid?
About one hour later I discovered that I had made a reservation for the wrong day. I called the hotel to cancel. The clerk advised me that I had made two reservations for the same day? He said that I had to go back to the website which I made the reservation with. That confused me? He explained that booking a room is transferred to another of many different sites, and that I'd have to cancel with them. I didn't know who "them" was so I went to my credit card website to see who got paid. It was Reservations.com. that was news to me. I called the Reservations.com number. An Indian or Pakistani sounding person answered. I was told that they had no record of my two reservations? I called the hotel back and got the confirmation numbers. This time Reservation.com "found" my reservations, which should only have been one reservation. They canceled my reservations and charged me $14.99 for each of the two reservations. I also discovered that there was an extra $19 added to the cost of the room. The hotel advertised $79 for a room. Reservations.com had charged me $108 !
Thinking back on how this all went down, I believe that Reservations.com may be running a scam. I.e. First, my booking couldn't be made unless I resubmitted the same phone number, then once accepting the booking, got charged for two bookings. Then being charged $14.99 each to cancel the bookings. If anyone else experienced exactly the same situation with entering the phone number, and then being booked twice, thus forcing you to cancel a booking, and paying a $14.99 fee to cancel, that would prove that Reservations.com IS running a scam.

joes660
3/25/17

We booked our reservations five weeks in advance with this company.We received a call from the hotel six days before check-in to inform us that reservations.com sent the confirmation to them THAT DAY and unfortunately, there was no availability! After hours of attempting to contact a live person at this company, I received an apology and they were generous enough to refund all of our money...within 7-10 business days! I honestly hope we are the only people this happened to, a COMPLETE disaster.

susani13
3/24/17

This is an american company. While in Ontario, I was looking for a hotel an hour and a half away and also in ontario. There were many competitors for the hotel I chose and reservations.com had the lowest price. Hard to know it was in US$. They charged me immediately and not upon arrival. They also had a $15US booking fee. When I asked for a refund they gave it back to me, they gave it back to me at a lower exchange rate and did not return the booking fee. I lost over $40 and don't have a reservation. What business do they have being a competitor in Canada and taking Canadians for a ride while we try to book hotels in our own country?

michaelk218
3/24/17

Never received email receipt. Called and spent hours on the phone with them trying to track one down. Tons of mysterious add on fees appeared on my cc, including a booking fee of 14.99 paid directly to reservations.com. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

kevinw174
3/23/17

Worst experience ever. When booking the reservation, they never informed me of the penalties associated with canceling the reservation. They promised a confirmation email within 15 minutes and never received one, so I became suspicious of their business practices. I called three days later stating that I never received the confirmation email and would like to cancel the reservation. At that time they informed me of the cancellation policy. I informed them that I never received any information on the penalty policy and that was poor business practices. The conversation took over an hour as my blood pressure was rising. They put me on hold and stated that they will see what they can do about waiving the penalty policy. They returned to the phone and stated that they reached out to the hotel and the hotel stated that they will not waive the penalty fees (25.00 plus one night stay). I was furious and asked who from Reservations.com spoke with the hotel and who at the hotel did you speak with - they could not provide me with names and stated that they just called the hotel. Again, I said documentation is key and I would like the names of the people who exchanged this dialogue on the penalty fees. Again, no name, just some bogus excuse.

I spoke with four different people all saying the same ole s***. Also, one of the managers provided with an extension. When I called to ask to be transferred to the extension, the person said they had no capability to transfer to extensions. Then I asked what number should I call so that I could be transferred to the manager's extension - guess what - I was informed that the number I called was the only number. Why would someone give me an extension and no ability to transfer. Again, poor business practices.

I would never recommend this site to anyone.

KW - Boston

Tip for consumers: Don't use it

judyt32
3/19/17

Reservations.Com is horrible. They put you on hold forever, do not understand your question, drop your call and never get you a confirmation number. Do not ever use this company if you want any type of reassurance your hotel room is in fact truly booked. Do not bother calling them unless you want to hear "give me a minute" and they return 10 minutes later and repeat this process about 5 more times, and you still never get something as simple as a confirmation number.

michaelh332
3/13/17

Found only one booking website for Cedar Lodge, El Portal, CA: cedarlodge.reservations.com. (In reality, the hotel uses www.yosemiteresorts.com). Nowhere on cedarlodge.reservations.com are any terms and conditions other than those of the hotel listed. Was never sent any reservation confirmation and had to call the hotel to see if I had one. Later had to cancel and hotel informed me that they thought Expedia had made the booking. Took me a while to find out that reservations.com had made the booking. They had deducted the hotel's $7.50 cancellation fee--which I knew of but had also charged and retained a $14.99 booking fee without ever providing access to information about it. I called reservations.com and was told they would refund and would immediate send confirmation of that. Instead they finally send the reservation confirmation! It made no mention of any booking fee. Two days later, I received an e-mail stating that they were keeping the booking fee as I had agreed to it when I booked--though the website I booked through contains no mention of the fee. The fact that reservations.com is one of at least four names the company uses makes it especially slippery to deal with.

mindyc8
3/9/17

I made a reservation for a hotel on this website. Nowhere did it say that it was nonrefundable and that I would be charged immediately. As soon as I clicked to make the reservation, I got a message telling me this. I then went to the refund policy and saw that it was non-refundable. Every other hotel booking website gives you a choice to pay upfront or later, but this one does not. I called within 3 minutes of getting my confirmation and explained that I had not shown this to my husband and never would have booked the room if I had known it was not refundable. I was put on hold so that the person could check with her support if she could cancel it and give me a refund. After holding a long time, I was disconnected. I called back and was told the same thing, but this time the person came back on the line, said he had good news and I would get an email confirming this. Instead, I got an email saying that the reservation had been canceled but it also said that if I canceled, there would be no refund. I called back again and this time, I was told that I would get a full refund within 7-10 days. I asked if I could get something in writing and I was told no. However, after insisting that I needed this, I got another email, but it can be interpreted different ways. It showed the charge is $0, but still says that there is no refund if the reservation is canceled. I may have to cancel my trip now because I can't afford to pay for a room twice. Don't use reservations.com.

susans309
3/3/17

2nd time I have been unknowingly redirected to this website when looking at a specific hotel. I paid $150 more because of this company and they refused to do anything to rectify it! They are thieves and should be shut down! If it was possible to give them a negative number for their rating I would.

melissat61
3/3/17

I booked a room 3 months in advance in a hotel where I have stayed multiple times and am familiar with the cancellation policy. Reservations.com charged me the full amount up front and it was not overtly stated that it was non refundable. When I went to cancel the reservation the very next day I was told the full cost is not refundable as per hotel policy. The hotel policy is 48 hrs in advance so im unsure what policy they were referring to. When I asked, the rep told me that is what she is to,d to say...hmmmm. I went on other booking websites and found the same room for the same price without an up front charge to my credit card and a cancellation policy of 48 hrs in advance. Customer service was nice enough but indicated they needed to "negotiate" a refund with the hotel. Ok, but then their system went down and I was told to call the hotel myself, negotiate a waiver, and to call them back with an answer. So not only am I probably out several hundred dollars but I'm also doing their job for them. This business is highly suspect and I do not recommend anybody use reservations.com.

anthonyp109
3/3/17

Carla, the woman who I dealt with in the phone was argumentative and not helpful.
I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put me on hold and never came back. The rate she wanted to charge was 42.00 higher than the quote she gave me. When I declined she argued and told me I couldn't get a better rate. While waiting, I got on line a booked a room for the original quoted amount. Never trust these people, call the hotel directly.

constances12
2/26/17

If i could give them zero stars i would. I'm so upset with myself, i normally read reviews but like many others i thought that i was on the hotels website. Their practices should be against the law but if this isn't illegal i can only pray that we (Good people) can get the word out against this company. I will start by complaining to the hotel that I booked (if im truely booked there), perhaps they will stop using them.

mariannee6
2/25/17

Do not use this website.Booked 2 night stay in florida thinking i was on hotels website and they booked me the wrong room and after 2 hours on the phone said. SORRY... nothing we can do for you !! Will not refund your money !!!! BEWARE

nancyt77
2/23/17

Thought I was on the motel's web site, booked a room and as soon as you enter your credit card number they charge a booking fee. Plus the price of the room is more than quoted. I cancelled IMMEDIATELY, they did not charge for the room but still charged the $14.99 booking fee. A TOTAL RIPOFF SITE!!!!!!!!!

larryw76
2/23/17

I booked online with their service rep and then canceled the booking a couple of hours later because they could not give me the group rate that was negotiated with the hotel. There was no mention of a booking fee in my conversation with the rep, in fact she said there was no charges a complete refund would be issued. The email with the booking from them did not list the charge or have it in their cancellation policy. This fee just popped up in my AMEX statement. They refused to take it off and cut me off when i asked for a supervisor. I called back in complained and the rep said they would remove it. I don't trust this will happen, so, i froze payment to them in AMEX waiting for a dispute resolution answer. My suggestion would be to stay far away from them on your reservations. Not reputable in my view.

shawnb54
2/23/17

15 dollar fee for absolutely no reason that I was never told about, and I have no idea how to cancel my reservation. Like everyone else here I thought I was on the hotels website.

gelac
2/21/17

Reservations.com is one of the best Third Party agency that will give you full service,Customer Service gives them the best SERVICE as far as they can. Reservations.com is not a SCAM,as long as they reserve or book you a hotel room and they give you a confirmation they did there JOB very well. Just to educate every body we have to read all the policy of the property and all the things that listed before you reserve and not commit mistake and throw it to RESERVATION.COM

markm337
2/19/17

Incredibly misleading website link. It appears you're communicating directly with the hotel. Customer service is useless. Should be criminal or at least a violation of the consumer protection act as to how they operate. Service fee pops up after you pay.

tedk28
2/18/17

They will charge you $14.99 to make a reservation and tell you is is not refundable. They make their page appear as it is the page of the hotel you are booking.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

davidg372
2/18/17

I looked up my hotel on my phone and used the 800 number on what looked like the hotel page. Like others, I thought I was talking to the hotel, not a third party. I was never told I was talking to someone else. The person on the phone had a heavy accent so the whole process was difficult. I was charged an extra $14.99 on my credit card that the agent never mentioned. It would be stupid to agree to pay extra fees for making a reservation directly. Also, I never got an email receipt. The hotel said my check-out receipt would have to come from the third party. That was my first clue that I didn't book with the hotel directly. I called and complained to Reservations.com. They promised to correct the email address and send a receipt and said they would refund the $14.99. Neither happened. This company needs to be investigated by the FTC. This company is a pure rip-off, in my opinion.

Tip for consumers: Be sure who you are talking to when you call a hotel for reservations. I thought I was talking to the hotel, not a fee agency that couldn't even get my email straight (assuming they actually wanted to).

cristip1
2/17/17

If I could give this a zero rating I would! This site is nothing but a scam. Like several of the other reviews, I really thought I was booking directly with the hotel site. i literally had no idea that I was booking with this third party. I booked a hotel in Torrington, Wyoming. However when I went to check in, I was told that I did not have a reservation. When I looked up the confirmation number I was horrified to find out they had actually booked me in a hotel in Torrington, Connecticut, which I didn't even know existed. I immediately began making phone calls and trying to fix the situation. I was transferred to several people, none of which spoke clear English. Even though I explained the mix-up I was told that there was nothing they could do and that my money would not be refunded. Here I was in a town, not my home and no place to stay. On top of that I was paying for a room somewhere in Connecticut that wouldn't help me at all. This site is very misleading. I'll be contacting the BBB. Even though I explained how upset I was, they told me there was nothing they could do. This is terrible business.

angiel48
2/17/17

My husband thought he was booking three rooms through Hampton Inn for work. The next day I had two charges on my bank account one for $14.99 and one for $499.00. from reservations.com. His meeting was canceled so I called the hotel to cancel the room and they told me I had to call this rude third party company that booked it. They told me it was non refundable. I canceled several days before the date but they still refused to refund any money. I told him I was contacting the BBB and he just said have a nice day. Very misleading when you go to the hotels site and then get sent to these people to pay and be ripped off.

alicew67
2/15/17

Thought I was making the reservation directly with the hotel - by the time I realized (as soon as I completed reservation, i tried to call and cancel. The said "no refund", and my credit card had already been charged the full amount of my stay, plus $14.99. This was 5 minutes after I booked! And they said if I cancelled, I would lose the entire amount - over $2000!!! NEVER AGAIN! Make sure you are on the actual hotel website, or even better call the hotel directly!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
brodiea6
BRODIE A.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Answer
reservationsc
Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]
A: Hello Brodie,

We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you.

Sincerely,