US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rebeccan31
12/7/16

Unfortunately I didn't check the reviews before I booked what I thought was a good deal. I thought I was making a reservation through the hotel directly and didn't realize I was redirected to reservation.com until my transaction was finalized and I wanted to know why my fees were so high. When I called the customer service number I realized it was a third party vendor. I was then told about their service fee of $14.99. I refuse to pay service fees. When I asked for a full refund I was told that their service fee was non refundable bacuse I had to pay for their service. In my opinion I did not use their service. I did not stay at the hotel and I was dissatisfied with their fees. Also I was when I asked to speak with manager I was placed on hold for 30 minutes and transferred over seas. When I told the service manager how unhappy I was he threatened to hang up on me. I told him to process my refund immediately or I will take legal action. He told me to go ahead and try. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against this company.

ishmaeld
12/6/16

Did not disclose any of the fees that were charged to my credit card. I will be disputing this with my bank because of course customer service is next to impossible to get through. If you are calling to reserve a hotel however they answer right away. The agent that did my reservation over the phone did not disclose anything to me about the 14.99 fee and when I tried to get a refund he lied and put that the reservation was booked online. Calling the BBB and the SOS ASAP. RIP OFF!!!

sarap67
12/3/16

Where do I start with this? Tonight, we thought we were making a reservation through the hotel website, but turns out it had gone through reservations.com website. We were charged more than we were told, plus an additional $14.99 service fee. This is when we knew something wasn't right. This isn't the worst of it. After the initial charge, we began getting charges for random hotels across the country, all bookings for tonight. And, each one with the #14.99 service charge. One was in Alabama for tonight, one was in Connecticut, also, for tonight. Have spent hours on the phone getting scam answers from reservations.com. Finally, had to call each hotel ourselves to say us/they were getting scammed. Finally, had to cancel our bank credit card to stop the charges. If I could rate it 0 zero stars, I would.

zamgramr
12/3/16

Don't use this site:
1. They add an extra $14 fee to book.
2. They charge your credit card immediately.
3. They have a no refund policy even for a room booked over a week in advance. However, they don't warn you of this when you cancel (as in a popup)

As a business traveller with lots of experience, I have NEVER had a problem with hotel cancellation up to 24 hours in advance.

I then went to bookings.com: no fee, no charge until actually checking in.

basilw2
12/2/16

Booked online using their website, paid up front of course $204.00 and when I received their booking email it had me checking in on the 1st instead of the 2nd. I called them talked to customer service and they allegedly "fixed it". The next confirmation email I received from them noted that I was checking in on the 2nd.

I call the hotel to confirm my reservation on the 2nd and they showed me checking in on the 1st. Customer service at Reservations.com didn't fix a D^mn thing!!! Now I'm out the 204.00 due to their "policy".

Extremely dissatisfied with this group and will be spending the rest of the day writing bad reviews about them and their customer service.

Would recommend using a better know booking site in the future.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them, stick with Expedia or better known booking site.

thomasg86
11/28/16

Reservations.com is a horrid company that disguises itself as a legitimate hotel company reservation company. I was able to book the same room at the same establishment for the same dates for 25% less than what Reservations.com charged. Fortunately, I was outside the window of a penalty cancellation. This company gives the internet a bad reputation!

cherylw47
11/22/16

Was LIED to about being able to book a room on a certain floor. The representative even put me on hold to "check with Sheraton" and reassured me over and over that the rooms were on the 34th floor. I never received an email confirmation. When I called the motel the next morning, they couldn't find my reservation! I called "Reservations.com" back and explained that I had made reservations the previous night for Sheraton on the 34th floor and was told they can't guarantee any particular floor! I asked for a supervisor and they hung up on me!!! Finally received 4 pages of computer gibberish as my email confirmation and am once again (5 days later) on hold with Reservations.com because the motel can't find my reservation under ANY name. We are due to check in in 2 days!
DO NOT USE this company!!!!! Does "Class Action Lawsuit" sound inviting to anyone?

betsyd8
11/17/16

The $14.99 processing fee was not accurately displayed until I received my confirmation email. At that point, it wasn't called out separately, it was included in the total. Also, the posting had that parking was included with the room, which was not the case. I will be instituting a chargeback with my visa card.

cynthiah57
11/14/16

First I thought I was making a reservation though a different website to earn points only to find out it was this company I have never heard of then charged $14.99. When I called they said they were a travel agent. Second I mistakenly booked at the wrong hotel so I called to change and was informed that they need to contact the hotel and was told that the hotel said they couldn't cancel. So I called the hotel directly and was told I could but I have to go through reservations.com to complete however they kept telling me I couldn't. They are a complete rip off DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!! Also after looking at the videos of "satisfied customers, and after talking to several reps, the names on the videos are the same, I don't think they are real customers.

terrig26
11/14/16

I made a reservation, specifically asked if I was speaking with Sheraton Hotel reservations, and wanted to make sure that I received my Sheraton rewards and questioned the difference on the price! The guys told me 2 different times that I was speaking with Sheraton , but he couldn't pull up my rewards number at the moment. Told me the difference in price was due to taxes. Since, I was in my car, and the difference was not that much, believed him, then I see my credit card bill and see it's not Sheraton! And they charged me 14.99 to make the reservation. Called to speak with them, was hung up on 3 times!!! This has to be illegal to represent them selfs as Sheraton and not explain that there is a service charge, if they had I would have hung up and try to call Sheraton direct. When you google Sheraton, their number came up as being Sheraton! JUST WRONG-STAY AWAY!!

paulas68
11/12/16

Thought I was booking through hotel and booked through reservation.com. Charged a nonrefundable fee which was not explained at booking. Saw the charge on the reservation. Deceptive tactics that should not be legal.

kewln
11/6/16

Total ripoff, they pretend to be the hotel's site and if you make a reservation they bill you a non-refundable processing fee.
They add no value just trick you and rip you off

michaelr273
11/6/16

I did not get a conformation email when I booked my hotel in Ashland, Oregon. In addition, this company charges a $14.99 booking fee. My advise is to stay away and use more reputable booking sites that are free.

michaels510
11/4/16

I got a great price on reservations.com, and was quite happy until a few days later when I saw an unauthorized charge on my credit card from reservations.com. So what happened? I found the reservation online. It looked good, so I called the number listed at the top of the page. (I did not book the reservation online.) I was connected to an agent in Asia who said that he worked for reservations.com, and booked the reservation through him. I then called the hotel, and they confirmed my reservation. Well done I thought! Nothing on the website mentioned a charge, nor did the agent mention one. Then I got an unauthorized charge for $14.99 on my VISA from reservations.com! I spent an hour on the phone with reservations.com, but got the runaround. "Our computer is down right now." The agent told me that he got "calls like this all the time, but that there is a charge for using the website. It is in the fine print." Really? Charges need to be authorized. I called Chase, who looked at the website, noted that there was no mention of a charge for using their service, and reversed my charge. At no time was I even aware that there was to be a charge to my card other than for the hotel reservation. I did not see any mention of a charge on the website, and the agent who booked my reservation never mentioned one. This is a cheap scam. Most people will likely not take the time to dispute the charges.

carolynl41
10/31/16

If the hotel hadn't gone to bat for me, I'd be out over $1000. This company is fraudulent. They set up a subdomain for the hotel so it appears you are making a reservation directly with the hotel, which was my plan. The hotel has a 24 hour cancellation policy. Reservations.com!? NO REFUNDS!!! Their subdomain was cresthillsuites.reservations.com but had nothing to do with Cresthill Suites. Cresthill Suites went after them and I got every penny back but if they hadn't, I'd have lost. I still stayed at the hotel under a reservation I did make directly with the hotel. DO NOT USE RESERVATIONS.COM. IT IS A HORRIBLE DECEPTIVE CORRUPT COMPANY!

thomasm207
10/29/16

In Canada, booked Canadian hotel via what I thought was their website, so did not read fine print. Confirmation email from reservations.com had rate in USD. Once home, a booking fee appeared on my credit card statement, phoned reservations.com for refund and told that the USD14.99 booking appeared on the final checkout page. RECOMMEND, check checkout
page very carefully for fine print extra charges. I shall call hotel direct next time.

jeffreys75
10/26/16

Like many people here I almost fell for this scam by clicking on the first paid link in Google when I searched for a specific hotel (Grandover Resort in NC) thinking I was going to the hotel's site. The face rate looked good but when I got to the screen to pay, the taxes and other fees were almost the cost of the room ($130). I then went on the hotel's actual site and saw that I was being scammed and the taxes were only $30 so reservations.com was charging $100. Fortunately I did not book it and I feel for everyone here who did.

sharols1
10/26/16

Like the other reviewers, I thought I was calling the hotel directly and was never informed about the additional refundable charges. I asked the agent directly, the cancellation policy and was told the entire amount would be refunded. I received two additional charges and the price of the hotel was more than what was stated to me on the phone. Do not use this company.

callissaw
10/23/16

I thought I was making a reservation through the hotel website itself. Turns out it was a third party. The final charge was almost $100 over the previewed price and there was no screen to authorize the final amount. Once submitted the charge came up and I called immediately to cancel and report the mistake. They refuse to refund me. This site is a total scam!!!

dough46
10/22/16

I thought I had logged on to the hotel website and went to make a reservation. It asked to enter the information and make reservation for $75. When I entered the info and hit make reservation, I got a confirmation that I had been charged $102 non-refundable. No where before that screen did it say there were fees, it was nonrefundable and that I was going to be charged immediately. When I called customer service, I got cut off three times. One guy I'm certain just hung up on me. They are all foreign, which isn't always bad, but in this instance, they are perpetuating the stereotype for sure. They should not be allowed to do business in America.

dianap58
10/17/16

I made my reservation on line at what I THOUGHT was the Fairbridge Inn web site in Idaho Falls. When I got to the hotel, the rates were considerably lower than what I paid on line, and the hotel didn't even have my reservation. The person at the front desk apologized and was embarrassed. I feel I was scammed since I made this reservation on line at what I THOUGHT was the Fairbridge Inn web site. When I got to the hotel, the rates were considerably lower than what I paid on line, and the hotel hadn't even received my reservation. She apologized and was embarrassed. This is a scam since I did not see reservations.com anywhere on the Web site. I paid $97 for $56 room. What a ripoff. Much safer and cheaper to just call the hotel.

ginniec1
10/17/16

***DO NOT USE RESERVATIONS.COM***
This site is a total scam, I wanted to give it "0" stars but the review site will not allow me.
When you book a hotel with Reservation.com, It does not show you anywhere that the price is in USD until you've reserved your hotel.
I am also in Canada so the FX difference also hit me hard. It also does not say anywhere that the reservation is non-refundable until you after you've cancelled the reservation. I booked and cancelled a hotel 2 weeks in advance, the hotel would have had plenty of time to re-book the room and plus I cancelled it well in advance! The business practice here is extremely unethical, they pretty much robbed $430 CAD from me.
I received no goods or services, and was not even given a warning that reservation would be un-refundable until after you confirm that you want to cancel your booking. They could have at least allowed the customer to have a credit for future booking. It is completely unethical.

kck8
10/13/16

Make sure to read every fine print. All charges are in US dollars!!!
When they charge your credit card you all of a sudden get two charges, one for the hotel room, one for a US $14.99 fee which is not mentioned anywhere either.
Should you have to cancel your reservation, the exchange rate of that day is used and of course another 2.5% that your credit card charges - overall it means you'll loose about $20-25. The US $14.99 fee gets never refunded.
I found that booking with hotels directly often gives you a better rate and you can also bargain.

nettieg2
10/10/16

If it was possible to give a no star rating to reservations.com, that it what I would give them.
I thought I was booking with the hotel by calling the 1-800 # on the hotel website and reserved three rooms for several people in my agency for an upcoming business trip using the business credit card provided by our agency. I did not learn that I had not been speaking with the hotel's reservation # until the next day. I called back to again request an email receipt and confirmation of the reservations because they had not arrived as promised. It was only at this point that it was clear I had not dealt with the hotel. Then began a series of transfers as each person I spoke to claimed I had made the reservation with another online booking service. I was finally put on hold for 45 minutes! Called back, went through the process again, finally reached a person who took my email address and assured me the email was on its way. The next day, after not receiving an email with receipt and confirmation, I called again. Again, multiple transfers, each claiming that they could not provide the receipt and confirmation - finally got to a person who could check for my reservation. He said the first person got my email wrong - he corrected it and I did receive the needed receipt and confirmation emails.
I did not realize until I got the usual notice from my agency that my business credit card had been used that I had also been charged a booking fee of $14.99 for each of the three room reservations by reservations.com. This was the first that I had heard of that company's name in this whole transaction and the first I learned that there would be a booking fee charge.
I called back to the last 1-800# I had been given (one of many) and explained I must have a receipt for the booking fees as this was a requirement of my agency anytime the credit card was charged. Multiple transfers then ensued with each person telling me they could not help me, it was a reservations.com transaction and I must speak to them. Each time I was told they were transferring me to someone with reservations.com. The last transfer was to a person who told me "reservations.com does not have a phone number. You can only communicate with them online or by email."
This then led to a series of eight separate email exchanges over the course of a week with reservations.com - each time I explained that I needed a receipt for each of the $14.99 booking fee charges from their company and each time was given a reason they could not fulfill my request. They finally asked for a screen shot of my credit card electronic statement, they then sent me a copy of the receipts/confirmations that I had previously received which did not include the $14.99 charges. Then they replied that I had been informed of the booking fee and had an opportunity to print the receipt on their online site. When I explained I had booked via phone and had not been onsite, they told me "We will forward this matter to our Escalations department for further review" (very aptly named!). I received a snarky email from them the next day that stated they had already sent me the receipts, but were doing it again. This time the receipts had the $14.99 booking fee charges included (it had not been in any previous receipt/confirmations that I had been sent).
The entire experience with reservations.com has been nothing but frustrating and this was before the trip has even happened! I can only hope that when the persons from my agency arrive at the hotel, that the reservations will be correct! I have learned a lesson about confirming with every phone call who I am talking to and reserving a room with so I never do business with reservations.com again!

coryg17
10/8/16

I wish I could give this site a Zero!! We had our room booked a week in advance and my wife and I got to Las Vegas from a long trip from Long Beach Cali. Arrived to our hotel and they tell us that we were not reserved, we had to back track and find out that we were not booked till the 14th. The lady over the phone typed the wrong dates, and even confirmed over the phone the right dates so I don't know how that worked?? But they told us there was nothing they could do to help us unless we paid more money. I was outraged because this was clearly something they should have handled but they just told me they would refund my money, which would be on the next business day. It's Friday, now I am out 400$ and have to go pay more for another room. Once again I was outraged and told them that this was coming. So here it is!!! Screw this site!!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
janetj25
Janet J.
on 7/9/16
Answer
reservationsc
Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]
A: Hello,

Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely