US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

catherineo18
8/24/16

This site is VEERRRYYY deceptive. I thought I was booking directly with the hotel and was charged $14.99 as a booking fee. When I called customer service in India or Bangladesh to cancel I was informed that the booking fee is NOT REFUNDABLE nor would they waive the fee. The agent himself could not find the explanation for the charge but he insisted it WAS RIGHT THERE on the booking site. After he put me on hold TWO times to research the matter he then guided me to a tiny teeny little bell icon hidden to the far left of the site which was only navigable by scrolling further to the left. Total ripoff.

markm286
8/24/16

I made reservations on line without using Reservations.com, but somehow they billed me for services that they did not provide. How does this happen? Trying to get an direct answer from them is impossible. It appears that they hide their fee in the total amount charged for the reservation. I think they're scamming people by adding their fee to reservations that they have nothing to do with. Avoid Reservations.com.

bobs250
8/19/16

So, we live in Canada. We book a Canadian Hotel. Our credit card gets charged in US DOLLARS!!!!

pattil13
8/16/16

Went on line to make a reservation several hotels came up in the area I was looking so I clicked on one with reasonable rates. Booked and the noticed instead of $95 per night it was $195 per night plus 89.48 tax for a total charge of 479.84! Exactly 20 min after making the reservation I call them and cancelled it! At first they couldn't find my reservation with the confirmation number or my phone number or e mail they insisted I had to give them my credit card number again! Which I refused to do because a cell phone is not a secure line . They finally found my reservation and cancelled it. I still had a weird feeling about it.... Sure enough 9 hours after I cancelled the reservation they charged my debit card! I called my bank they cancelled my debit card and tell me I have to wait for this company to reverse the charge ! I called reservations.com and got a total runaround today on the phone! Asked for the number of someone at Corp that I could talk to and the fu($&@ing number they gave me is for State Farm insurance!!!!!!!

anniel45
8/16/16

I loved the whole process of reservation, i am new to this process of booking online. Very ease and felt comfortable.

jacobm77
8/14/16

This website is completely fantastic, last month i booked a hotel via this website and i was extremely pleased. Very user friendly website with easy payment gateway. It allows to compare the hotels available in that place and pick the best. The hotel that we booked via this site was extra-ordinary, in short it was a amazing trip for me, so, definitely i am going to use it for the next time. Recommendable

katieb63
8/13/16

After searching many times, I have come to realize that if I want the best results, just use reservation.com. I always get the best deals and good service!! I would recommend them to anyone!

laurah135
8/13/16

Anytime I plan a trip I always use reservation.com. Last Time a hotel they picked for me was a great one. I'm planning a holiday to later this month and has really helped find the best prices for the best places to stay. Does help when comparing your choice. Gives the best deals and the volume is huge as well.

coreyb47
8/13/16

My room was very, very good clean the services was the best. So needless to say I will use them again. Help was available at every step, if required; but I would imagine few would find need for that service. Thank You!

martinb100
8/13/16

Just made a reservation on what I thought was the hotel site. I got suspicious when there was no "review your reservation" page but instead it went straight to "we charged you $x.xx". There was no disclosure whatsoever that they were going to charge me $40 in taxes and fees when $10 or so would have been normal.

Deceptive crooks!

richardi12
8/12/16

Update.
We got our full refund. Costumer service emailed after this post. Still not sure why I never got any others on any emails.

First post
I made reservations using this site for the Tropicana. They sai they would email me the info but never did. They charged me right away. I called back and asked for the reservation to be resent. We tried different emails and nothing. Finally we got fed up and cancelled. It's going to take to get us our refund. They are trying to take out booking fees without telling us. Never use.

doridoa
8/12/16

I booked a hotel room for my family and myself in a different country through reservations.com. Afterwards, I became aware that the hotel offered a Bed and Breakfast package while the website didn't. When I called customer service to ask if they can even add it on despite the fact I would have paid more for the service, they couldn't help me at all, just kept repeating the same thing over and over. Then I found the same room in the same hotel for the same dates for a lower rate on bookings.com and reservations.com stated that they couldn't price match the rate, so there went their "lowest price guaranteed," that they promote. Just completely an absurd experience, would not book with them ever again.

billb175
8/10/16

Horrible company. Made it look like I was making reservation on Motel website. Because I was traveling as government employee, I gave the person checking me in my Tax Exempt form but because this company already charged me taxes it didn't do any good.
Now I'm spending hours on line and on the phone with the motel trying to get the taxes taken off.

Tip for consumers: You are NOT getting a reservation from the Motel!!!

lizl30
8/8/16

I had looked into booking a hotel on Hotels.com and found the hotel I wanted to stay at: Hotel Rex. I didnt want to deal with a third party vendor, so I looked up Hotel Rex on Google. I passed through the links marked as Ad because those are always BS sites. I clicked on the first link that looked like a legitimate website and assumed that I had gotten to the legitimate site for Hotel Rex.

I searched for the room I had picked out on Hotels.com and confirmed the price matched what I had seen there. It did, $239/night. I closed out of the side bar and continued to make my reservation. I confirmed the details and the charges before moving on to the next screen. The next screen comes up (with no side bar) and I enter in my credit card information. I hit confirm and Bam $305.02 has been charged to your credit card. I did a double take; my total had come to $25 more than it was on Hotels.com. How could it possibly cost more on the hotels site that it does on a third party vendors site? That doesnt make sense. I looked at the confirmation email and realized I had somehow booked through Reservations.com and not the hotel itself.

I realize that I should have been a little confused when I didnt see a line-by-line break out of the charges BEFORE finalizing the reservation, so I do take some responsibility for that. They charged an outrageous $14.99 booking fee and somehow the taxes were $10 more than they were through Hotels.com or through the hotels actual website. I will be calling Reservatons.com to try and get them to refund me my money, as their tactics are an unsavory way to $#*! people over. If this doesnt work, I will be disputing the charge on my credit card, as I want to make sure this company cannot continue to thrive on screwing people over.

If anyone has any advice on how they were able to get their charges refunded, please let me know.

Edit: I do want to give them some credit, as they refunded me the $15 booking fee after writing this review. I still think this is a distasteful business practice, but it's something.

murillom
8/7/16

I went to Hilton Hotel - Baltimore website and used the reservation phone number provided. I had a "Be My Guest" certificate for any Hilton hotel and informed the rep. that I would be using it for one night at the hotel. He supposedly checked with his supervisor to make sure it would be OK and came back to inform me it would be used for the reservation. He asked for my credit card information, which I did not think unreasonable since hotel reservations are secured with a credit card. Upon my arrival to the hotel and presenting the certificate, I was informed the room was already paid for with my credit card. Attempts at calling the phone numbers listed, (844)428-8449 and (844) 516-4342, only confirmed that they, in truth, were not Baltimore Hilton Hotel reservations. After speaking with one of the guest services representatives at the hotel and providing information on the fraudulent website information, the hotel representative went to the internet himself, found site, called the number and identified himself as the Guest Services Rep. for Hilton-Baltimore. The last I heard, Reservations.Com was to reimburse the Hilton - Baltimore $252.83, which I was charged and I was to report the fraudulent charge to my Credit Card company, which I did. My card is being cancelled and replaced, the charges are being reimbursed to my account. Reservations.com has infiltrated many other hotel websites, not informing victims that they are actually a third party reservation site, not the actual hotel; any privilege or discount you would otherwise be entitled to (military, senior, points, etc.), you will not receive, and the cost will be larger than that would be paid had you called the hotel directly.

patg38
8/3/16

When attempting to book a room, I ended up on this website. I'm still not sure how that happened. They put up an $85 price for the room. Of course I knew there would be taxes and fees. When I received my confirmation, the bill was a whopping $119. When calling them directly I found out I was charged a $15 booking fee and that that was made clear when I made the reservation. They would not give me a refund or allow me to cancel the reservation without losing the $15. After going back to see if I missed anything, there was a popup with this information at the very bottom - not readily visible. You don't even realize you are being charged! These guys are scam and ripoff artists. Avoid at all cost. You can get the same thing without the ridiculous extra fees! After several email conversations with their support team, they refunded my $15. I should say I tried to get them to do the same thing over the phone but got nowhere. I appreciated the refund, but would still stay clear of them.

roises
8/1/16

Im giving 4 stars. Recently went a trip and they helped me with great accommodation and price. Great help saved me hours of looking.It is now my go-to site for Hotel bookings. Thanks.

lewisb36
8/1/16

Overall Im happy. Customer service is not bad. Hotel I stated was not extraordinary.
But these procedure are impressive.

carm857
7/30/16

Reservations.com charged $140 more than the hotel's charge for a three night stay last week. Customer Service was prompt in replying to my request for a bill adjustment but provided no satisfaction regarding this huge addition to the bill ... and offered NO refund. Do NOT use this site if you want to be treated fairly.

Tip for consumers: Choose a different site to make your hotel reservations or be prepared for a 30% overcharge.

stevem273
7/29/16

I called reservations.com in error to book a hotel room. I asked the agent directly if I reached the direct reservation line for the hotel I was interested in. He stated yes and then I proceeded to book a hotel room.

When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel was over booked and I was unable to find another room in the area. It then took me another 20 minutes to get the charge reversed

All I can say, they lied to me and then left me without a room after booking the room thru them. In summary, Do NOT use reservations.com!!!

pega3
7/27/16

These people are crooks who scam you and take your money and no matter how you try you can't get it back. I was somehow switched to this site from a hotel's website before I knew it, and bam, my credit card was charged with no refunds period. The front page does not reveal that your credit card will be charged immediately, only until you say 'Book it"! BE CAREFUL, plus when I received 'proof' of the charge from them through my credit card company, the receipt said Expedia.com!! I was never on Expedia. Something fishy here. I lost $1000!!!

davids560
7/24/16

Through reservations.com I pre-paid for two nights at Knight's Inn in Liberty, NY for this past July 4th. When I arrived at the hotel, it was closed due to flooding. Okay, such things happen. But what happened next was, frankly, fraudulent -- by reservations.com

Unable to use the hotel rooms I had paid for due to flooding, I contacted reservations.com for a refund. Customer service then flat-out lied to me. Here is what they wrote:

David Schisgall
Subject: Reservation of Itinerary No. 268508645 of David Schisgall
JUL 05, 2016 | 11:39AM MDT
Kenneth O. replied:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We are a booking company and are not associated directly with any specific hotel. This means that we are not responsible for the hotels facility or its management. We have called the hotel regarding your refund request however they informed us that they will be charging both reservations ( 268508645 & 268508510 ) for the full amount. We have done everything we could to get a penalty waiver however this is their policy and we must comply. If there is any information that i am missing please let me know so we can further assist you on the refund request.

In point of fact -- as a representative from reservations.com later admitted to me by phone , reservations.com had not contacted the Knights Inn for my refund. Reservations.com had never given over my money to the Knights Inn. Instead, reservations.com kept my $500, told me that they had given it to Knight's Inn and that I should get it from them.

Only after several hours on the phone by myself and Knight's Inn did reservations.com admit their lies and refund my credit card.

If you use this company, you will get screwed. Don't.

David Schisgall

samf55
7/22/16

I dont have much online booking experience at all. I was amazed in the quality of the service and equally surprised in the quantity of options they provides each time which truly does help when comparing your choice.gives the best deals and the volume is huge....

andrewf73
7/22/16

The hotel they picked last time for me was a great one. I'm planning a holiday to Asia later this month and has really helped find the best prices for the best places to stay. How could I mange those things without you.

chrish231
7/21/16

They charged me us dollars even though I'm in Canada and travel in Canada. Beware they charge me $235 for a $110 (taxes in) run from these scammers

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/9/16
Answer
reservationsc
A: Hello,

Thank you for question. Please contact us at support@reservations.com so we can better assist you with this matter.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely