Reservations.com reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

joes669
4/26/17

Doesn't rate a star... Looked at a hotel site, saw the "call us" prompt and thought i was dealing with the hotel's reservations personnel. Noticed the agent had a difficult time with the English language. Made the reservation and when I received the email confirmation I saw my card had already been charged. Called the hotel direct, got a cheaper rate quote, and found out that Reservations.com puts ads on hotel sites and people think they are dealing direct. Called to cancel and got an agent who had an even worse time with communicating. Finally, got the reservation cancelled and was told the $14.99 fee would be refunded separately. I am contacting my credit card issuer to ensure the full amount is refunded.

Tip for consumers: Beware, look carefully before you book!

hh52
4/26/17

Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!

First, they charge a booking fee of US$14.99 and if you have any issue then you should expect a very bad service.

This is was the first time I used this site and this will definitely be the last.

patrickk61
4/25/17

Unfortunately, I was duped by this company again. Shame on me I guess. After thinking I was booking through the hotel and checking the rates on the room for the dates I wanted; the dates magically changed after I reserved the "non-fundable" room at a "special" rate. Well after all was said and done, these scammers dinged me for $30 in "service fees". The hit me for a non-disclosed $15 and then another $14 for changing the room reservations to the date I thought I was getting from the start. I will NEVER use any service through this company again. My last experience while travelling through New Orleans almost left me, my friend and about 25 other hotel guests stranded without rooms and having to race off into the late night hours to find alternate accommodations after having booked rooms that were not actually available. It was almost a joke with the group of us that were waiting in the lobby as guest after guest walked into the lobby and we all watched as they received the same news that we did just minutes prior to their arrival. No rooms are available.
Reservations.com is the worst booking service I have had the misfortune to experience. My advice. Call the hotels directly and book over the phone. Just make sure you dont get this horrible company's call center though!

Enjoy the journey!

adamc117
4/25/17

In mid-March, 2017, I made a phone reservation at what appeared to be the Marriott reservation center to reserve a room at the Marriott Airport Tampa Bay. However, my call must have been diverted to this company. I thought I was dealing directly with the hotel and was not advised otherwise. I was offered and selected the "best rate" if I paid upfront. I authorized $257 and later found that I was debited $257.18 US and another $14,99 which I didn't know about or authorize.

When I wasn't sent an email confirming the reservation, I phoned the Marriott and was advised that they had no record of the reservation number I had been given over the phone nor was a room reserved in my name. I made another reservation, this time directly with the hotel, and received a substantially lower rate than the one I had been quoted. At this point, I didn't know what had happened

When I checked into the hotel on March 20, another reservation was found in my name but no record of payment! On April 23, 2017, I received an email from reservation.com tankding me for my business and offering some ""hand-picked " travel deals and special offers.

I am still trying to sort this out but do not expect that they will offer a refund. They obviously have my money as "Hotel*Reservations.com" appears on my credit card records.

This is a crew of shysters. I expect that they are probably peppering online search engines with their phone lines cited as reservation centers from major hotels. Lesson learned to be more careful.

stevew224
4/23/17

This organization is very deceiving. They work hard, both on line and on the phone, that you are communicating directly with the hotel. They also lie about the number of rooms remaining. They will will charge you $14 above the cost of the room cost from the hotel. I booked a room on line for $99 and found out I could get the room directly with the hotel for $69, and that includes taxes. Avoid reservations.com at all costs.

danr101
4/23/17

I did not even get off the phone with these people. I made a reservation and at check out the price changed. so, I told the agent it should be $159 not $209. he told of the fees, taxes and so on. and I said - not interested. but he charged me $14.99, anyway. once they have your credit card. watch out.

ceresam
4/21/17

I rarely leave reviews but this site is a scam. It looks exactly like you're on the hotels website but you're not !!! I called for a 150.00 rate and they said with taxes I would pay 280.00. NO WAY !! I'm waiting to see if they actually charge my card.

Make sure you're web browser actually says the name of your hotel chain and not reservations.com. They will trick you.

bethanyc11
4/19/17

I booked a room at what I thought was the hotel's own website as it looked identical. I always try to book directly with a hotel and somehow was tricked into thinking I was at their site - my bad for not being diligent enough. I never received the confirmation email so called the hotel the next day. They had the reservation, but said it was booked through expedia. Luckily i was able to go back on my browser and see I had actually booked through reservation.com. I was unable to cancel online and had to call in. At this point I had checked my bank account and was charged twice - once for the room $153.99 and a separate charge of $14.99 - a charge originating from Florida. When I called I was told I would be refunded $153.99. I had to specifically ask about the second charge of $14.99 before they agreed they would also refund that charge. I was told the refund would post to my account in 7-10 business days and that I would receive a confirmation email cancelling my reservation. I am highly skeptical and will be watching for the refund. Avoid this site at all costs - I'm surprised they are owned by a reputable company like Expedia.

upsetr
4/17/17

My wife called to inquire about a hotel booking, was asked for her CC info and then to hold for a 'confirmation number'... woman came back on the line to say the last room had just been booked and, as such, there was no Confirmation number because there was no reservation. Then a few minutes later our Chase alerts showed a charge on our card. We called reservations.com back and they claim to have NO RECORD of my wife's call, not her phone number or email... of course they wanted the 'confirmation number' but, because of the issue with a sold out hotel, they then said since there's no confirmation number they are unable to help us...

Called Chase and their dispute department... once the pending charge settles then we can call and place a formal complaint so they can then pursue this as a fraud case...

cindyb132
4/13/17

This is a total ripoff. They make it look like you are booking through the hotel, and then charge you a booking fee. Then they won't give you a refund. They don't even deserve 1 star.

reginas37
4/10/17

I also thought I was booking through the hotel. When I tried to cancel they said I had booked through Expedia (another company to avoid). It got worse from there. They knew nothing about it. After two hours and numerous phone calls and misinformation I was finally able to cancel the reservation. Then the $14.99 showed up on my credit card. I am disputing that. I knew nothing about it.

roxannab
4/9/17

I booked a room for $14.99 at reservations.com. When I got to the hotel 5 minutes later, they told me I had 2 reservations. I immediately called res.com to cancel, they had 2 more reservations for me: 1 at 14.99 and 1 at $51! I was on the phone for an hour, got confirmation numbers, was told my credit card would be credited in 7-10 days. A month + later the charges showed up on my credit card. I called res.com and they sent me an email telling me the charges (only the $51) had been refunded to my credit card. They have no record of the other $14.99. the confirmation #'s they gave me are not working. Super lame. Unbelievable.

davidm621
4/6/17

I made a reservation with a motel for a wedding on-line never knowing I had somehow gone from the hotels site to reservations.com (shame on the motel, too) but the problem was the next day when I noticed that I had not one, but four charges for four reservations. OK, so I called and canceled 3 of them. but then I noticed on my credit card I had four charges for the room and four charges for $14.99 booking fees. 3 of the rooms were refunded, but only one booking fee, after four phone calls over the month of January to their customer (dis) service they have still not refunded the booking fees. Each call is the same. "Yes sir we will submit this to accounting". "No you can't talk to accounting". "Wait 10 days for accounting to issue the refund". It has now been over three months and still nothing.

barbaran62
4/5/17

We thought we were calling the hotel direct, the operator never told us we were talking to reversations.com and they charged us a $14.99 processing fee without advising us.

Tip for consumers: Be careful and do not use reversations.com

kellyr109
4/4/17

I went through what I thought was expedia to book a hotel via phone and was routed to booking.com. I had great difficulty communicating with the rep on the line but finally got booked. My confirmation was never sent and when I got to the hotel they told me the rate was actually $70 dollars less than was booked. Fortunately the hotel was helpful in helping with the cancellation but the site, when I called, hung up on me twice before a rude individual chastized me for not understanding non-refundable before helping me. Wow. I will never use this site again.

helenek3
4/4/17

i called the number listed on the hotel's web page, which put me on the phone with reservations.com. their agent did not tell me i was speaking to a 3rd party until i asked him. after i gave him my information, he told me the final price, which was $45.00 more than the price he quoted for the hotel room (1 night stay). i asked why so high and he said taxes. i very clearly told him NOT to book, that i would do it myself because i suspected the $45.00 included FEES. he said he understood, but BOOKED ME ANYWAY. i did not receive notice of the booking. i found out when i checked my credit card statement. i immediately called and canceled, but reservations.com did NOT refund the booking fee. i called again and the new CS rep on the line LIED and said it was refunded, but their refund never made it to my credit card.

bessh2
4/4/17

First of all they're sneaky as you don't realize you're not contacting the motel which is why in the future I'll always call. Second, they take your money that very day. When do you get your money back 7-10 business days. NO WAY NO HOW WILL I EVER USE THEM AGAIN.

kileyk3
4/4/17

I had the same experience as everyone else. I went to book via a hotel's website and was redirected to reservations.com. I didn't even notice it happened until reviewing the receipt. All sales are final so changes aren't possible, only cancellations. Their Customer Service was a round robin of jargon and being put on hold repeatedly. I alerted the hotel about the scam and they claimed they'd look into it but it seems like as long as they got paid they don't really care.

heathern29
4/3/17

My kids and I were traveling so I booked a reservation at the Super 8 Motel. It looked like I was actually booking through the Super 8 and then I realized when I got several service charges that it was not them it was a different website. Not to mention their customer service is all foreign and if there was a problem with the room like we had, bed bugs, then you are SOL on getting a refund!! Ripoff!!!

aprilk18
4/3/17

My family and I were traveling on Friday evening. I booked a double room at a Days Inn and paid for it through Reservations.com (which like most, thought I was on the website for the hotel!). I got confirmation and when we arrived, they did not have a double room for us. We had to go someplace else. We found out Saturday morning that they charged my husband's Cc for the room they didn't HAVE and we had to pay for a room someplace else! This place should be shut down and these hotels that link themselves with such scammers should be ashamed! Now, I can't get ANY response out of them!

hughh22
4/2/17

I also thought it was the official site of the Hampton Inn. I canceled my reservations immediately after receiving a charge of $245.00 for one night. Now, I am going to contest the so called cancellation fee of $15.00.

kathleenf28
4/1/17

I thought I was contacting the hotel directly when I made this reservation. Unfortunately I was making it at Reserations.com. Trying to cancel this reservation and get a refund has been a nightmare. Watch out for this shark attack!

reneeb63
4/1/17

Reservations.com is the WORST SITE I wish I could write a review on their site , of course you can't. They were not helpful in trying to cancel my reservation that I accidentally submitted. I literally called seconds after I realized it went through by mistake. They took my money instantly out of my account, what hotel does that?! UM NONE. I was given the run around for an hour. The hotel wouldn't help out either. I was in tears after I saw how much I paid for the hotel. The whole issue happened because I was searching for a cheaper price than I already had gotten with booking.com. Just to save a little more money. Well, i ended paying double with reservations.com . They should have a law suit against them. I never got a refund and had to stick with their aweful price!! I was so upset. I will be telling everyone I know not to use their site. And trust me I work with the public word will travel fast.

pamn15
4/1/17

I too have been scammed by this company, I tried to dispute through my Discover card, but this outfit is a professional scammer and they cannot help me either. Has anyone had any success in getting your money refunded?

kenh66
3/28/17

Stay clear of this site! (Actually, I was originally on Hotels.com and somehow got linked to this disaster of a site through them, I don't know how that happened.)

If you cancel a reservation, they will charge you $14.99 regardless of the time you cancel, be it right after you make the reservation, which is what happened to me. I called them and the snappy fellow stated that the charge will not be reversed, period! This is a scam operation to say the least. I wound up calling the hotel myself and they booked me at the rate that this bogus site had on their site, in fact, the hotel never heard of reservations.com and said it had no such reservation under my name from them. BTW, they charged my credit card the full amount of the hotel stay PLUS the unbeknownst $14.99 service charge within 10 minutes of my making the reservation. NEVER AGAIN! Buyer beware!! If I could give this miserable scam of a company a -5, I would!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
brodiea6
BRODIE A.
on 3/7/17
Answer
reservationsc
Reservations C. [Reservations.com Rep]
A: Hello Brodie,

We have sent you an email this morning regarding your concerns. Please email us directly so we may assist you.

Sincerely,