Reservations.com reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

johnathanb12
5/28/17

We made reservations for the wrong date. When we realized our mistake we called within 24 hours to cancel our reservation. Initially they refused to give a refund. After the third call they claimed they had processed our refund - I do not trust them and will contact our credit card company to cancel payment.

nickg77
5/27/17

I booked my room through them at 9pm. Got to the hotel at 11 and they said there was no reservation made for me. I called and called and called and called. Every time I talked to a representative they'd take my info, then put me on hold and never come back. By 12 that night they said they figured it out. They had to reboot their computer and then the info came through to my hotel. But by that time my room was gone. So I had to pay for a 2 bed room, but only got a single bed room. They wouldn't credit me any money back for their fault. I'll go above and beyond next time to make sure I never use them again.

danielled74
5/26/17

Asked my bank to reverse the transaction and they did. Don't let yourself be scammed. If they won't reimburse you just call your bank or credit card company and habe them do it. Just tell them how they were misrepresenting themselves. They appeared to be from the hotel I was reserving from and be we said they would charge me USD funds to book a Canadian hotel from Canada!

lizh50
5/26/17

I have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against the company. They are located in Orlando, Fl. I would suggest you do the same.

deenar1
5/26/17

Booked for a room told them I may cancel as I did and still not recieved my refund been 12 days now.
They also charge you 14.99 for booking it through them. This is a scam. Had to call my credit card company to take care of this. Also, they don't speak english. India or something. Also too I though I was booking through the hotel itself but I was not.

kenp58
5/25/17

BE CAREFUL, THEY MASK THEMSELVES TO LOOK LIKE YOU ARE MAKING REZ THROUGH HOTEL..........BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO. YOU ARE GETTING A 3RD PARTY SYSTEM CALLED RESERVATIONS.COM WHICH IS A SUBSET OF EXPEDIA.
I ONLY FOUND OUT I HAD REZ THROUGH 3RD PARTY WHEN I GOT THEIR CONFIRMATION BACK AND IT WAS ON A CHEAP LOOKING E-MAIL FORM LETTER. SMELLED WRONG THEN. CALLED TO CANCEL, TO SOMEWHERE IN CHINA OR SOMEWHERE AND THEN YOU FIND OUT IT IS A NON-REFUNDABLE BOOKING.......HELLO. TO SHORTEN THE STORY HERE IS WHAT YOU DO TO GET THIS CRAP REVERSED.
1. CALL YOU HOTEL AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED. GET THE NAME OF SOMEONE THAT REZ.COM CAN CALL AND "WAIVE" THE CHARGE.
2. CALLL REZ.COM ON THEIR TOLL FREE NUMBER AND YOU WILL GET SOME COUNTRY SOMEWHERE.
3. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT THEIR SUPERVISOR WILL HAVE TO CALL THE HOTEL AND GET A WAIVER OF THE CHARGES......WHICH THEY DO.
4. GIVE THEM THE NAME AND PHONE NUMBER OF THE PERSON TO TALK WITH AT THE HOTEL.
5. STAY ON THE LINE AND WAIT FOR AN ANSWER.
6. THEY WILL COME BACK WITH A WAIVED CHARGE, BUT THEY WON'T GIVE YOU A "FULL" REFUND. WILL TRY TO KEEP ABOUT $14.99 AS A "FEE".
7. RAISE HECK AT THIS AND THEY WILL AGREE TO REFUND THAT ALSO.
8. GET THEM TO E-MAIL YOU A CANCELLATION NOTICE. WHICH THEY WILL DO. BUT, IT WILL NOT HAVE ANY AMOUNT ON IT.
9. IN THE MEAN TIME, BLOCK/DISPUTE THE CHARGE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD SO IT WON'T PAY ANYTHING. JUST FOR INSURANCE.
10. FINALLY..........DON'T EVER, EVER, EVER DEAL WITH A 3RD PARTY BOOKING AGENT FOR HOTELS.

I AM EXHAUSTED.

Tip for consumers: DON'T EVER USE REZ.COM

mitzih2
5/25/17

I thought I had booked through the hotel and didn't know that I would be charged an additional $14 fee for managing the reservation. I gave two stars because they did refund my room when I talked with the hotel and the hotel agreed to refund the amount. The original room price was $83 and after their charges, the room price was $130.95.

berndb4
5/24/17

Scam site, pretending they are the hotel you are looking for. Stay away from them and go directly to the hotel instead.

jasonc185
5/22/17

Make sure your dealing with the hotel itself not this middleman scam site. They add their "fee" above the hotel price

sharonb168
5/22/17

Deceptive. Plain, simple. You think you are on the main hotel website. Nowhere does it say Pre-payment. Nowhere. In fact...I opened up the additional information and it CLEARLY states that "cancellations or changes after 4 pm (on the day of my reservation)" etc etc may be subject to a charge. Which is what every single hotel reservation out there states. The difference? These guys charge me a $35.67 USD "service charge" and a n additional "$14.99" reservation charge. Precisely WHERE on your site does it state this??? Complete cash grab. These guys are purposely deceiving. I have already filed with the BBB and will make sure every penny I am out is recovered. I cancelled but of course they gave me the 7-10 business day standard...and when asked about the $14.99 USD charge which I didn't authorize they told me is have to dispute this with my credit card company. Wish honest people would operate honest companies. What goes around comes around. I sleep well at night. These people associated with this company will have their day. Karma is a $#*!.

amyt86
5/16/17

Stay far away from this business, they keep telling you they've refunded my service fee (called them within 5 min of booking as it was a mistake and I never went on the trip) but refuse to provide any written confirmation of anything and will keep telling you to call the bank. I've called in about 5 times over the last month and have been promised emails, and to wait 3-5 more days every time and nothing happens. Im disputing their service fee through the CC now. total waste of time and this company is running a scam with all oversees customer service that have no authority to do anything.

michaelc444
5/14/17

Warning, this site is misleading, does not state the terms clearly up front, says they
have charged your account the full amount of your stay the minute you pressed the "book" button, has a no refund policy and their customer "service" is impossible to deal with. When I booked a room I thought I was on the hotel website, it was not clear it was a second party site. After booking I was informed I had just paid the full amount and there was not refunds. The links on the confirming e-mail to the site did not work so sent an e-mail reply canceling the reservation and called customer service. I was told repeatedly the hotel policy did not allow refunds. I repeatedly asked to talk to a supervisor and then finally was put on hold for 30 min and when the rep returned he said he called the hotel and their policy would not allow refunds. While on hold I checked the hotel website and for the same room rate the consolation policy was a full refund if canceled 48 hours prior to arrival so I again asked to talk to a supervisor and was put on hold and waited 30 minutes and was disconnected. I called back the next night and tried again and the rep said his "support team" would call the hotel to confirm. I waited on hold for another 30 minutes and the rep confirmed I was correct but a manager was not available at the Hotel to authorize the refund and he would call back in 2 hours. It as to late so I asked him to call back the next day. He did not call so I called him back because I had requested his direct line. Again I got the same line that he had to work with his "support team" and put me on hold for the minimum 30 minutes and was again told they could not reach a hotel manager. The rep said he would "escalate" the request, what ever that means, and would send me an e-mail the next day. I am going to dispute the charge with VISA and be very careful on the booking policies on any website in the future.

timc114
5/14/17

Reservation.com is a sister company of hotels.com. And the sister is a whore. She will take a $14.99 fee before you even get your pants down. She mimics the hotel site you think you are reserving at. And her application loops you around and around, taking the fee every time you Submit. Stay away from the dirty sister of hotels.com. Actually, boycotting hotels.com for their dirty little scam is my suggestion.

robertd298
5/14/17

Driving into Reno at night thought I was calling Circus Circus reserve a room got to Circus Circus after going over that I was on my way there 3 times with the guy from another country on the phone get there in the book the wrong day and they wont do anything about it and they won't give me a refund do not use this site unless you want to lose money absolutely horrible

marthan14
5/13/17

I thought I was calling La Quinta Inns as I was on their website and I do not book through third parties. The only reason I called was I was having problems booking online. I asked if I was speaking directly with the hotel and she said they handle that location's reservations. I asked multiple times why she would not take my rewards number and she said to present it at check in. I cancelled the reservation the day it was made and if I go to their site it does not show a reservation. I called when I noticed my credit card had 2 charges (one being the $14.99 fee that was NEVER mentioned). I called and was told that I did not cancel-he was unable to explain why it appeared to me that there was no reservation. I have yet to be refunded any money but I will be reporting them to LaQuinta and the BBB. They do not answer questions asked and apparently they do not process cancellations. I too do not have any idea as to how I was directed to them.

matthewm155
5/12/17

Booked a hotel room on what looked like a Hampton Inn website. Checked in at the hotel and was told I had booked through reservations.com. Week later a charge for $14.99 shows up on the credit card. Plan on fighting the charge. If you can't make a dollar by providing a legitimate service and you have to do it by deceit then you are a scammer.

br17652
5/12/17

This is a scam site. Cancellation is not free as they charged $25 for cancellation and $20 for order fee. Also credit card was charged immediately.

I cancelled and placed the reservation with the hotel directly and was charged almost $100 less than reservations.com charged, so better off but they are thieves.

Tip for consumers: Don't use reservations.com or any affiliated site like bookings.com. They will overcharge you after pretending that the price is lower than agreed upon.

angelal92
5/8/17

Biggest rip off ever. They have horrible customer service and communication skills. Wouldn't refund my reservation after I cancelled it through hotel.

sl405
5/5/17

This site is a RIP OFF!!!!! They wouldn't refund me my money after I cancelled online saying the reservation wasn't cancelled!!!! WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

allenf32
5/5/17

There are hidden fees that they do not disclose and at no time will the agent tell you that they are quoting US dollars when you are calling from Canada. Do not book with this company as they will scam you. Save yourself some money and hassle and call the hotel, they will make deals as well.

lakeishat3
5/5/17

RESERVATIONS.COM IS A SCAM...DON'T DO IT!!! I JUST TRIED TO MAKE RESERVATIONS WITH SANDESTIN GOLF AND BEACH RESORT SO I THOUGHT AND ENDED UP ON THE PHONE WITH THESE CON ARTIST! I TRIED TO BOOK THIS HOTEL FOR MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND AND I GOT CONCERNED WHEN I NEVER RECEIVED AN CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE HOTEL. I THEN TRIED TO CALL BACK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED ONLY TO FIND OUT FROM RESERVATIONS.COM THAT I HAD NO RESERVATION WITH THEM NOR DO THEY HAVE ANY INFORMATION WHERE I BOOKED THIS HOTEL. THEY WERE ALSO VERY RUDE AND I GOT HUNG UP ON A FEW TIMES...SO NOW IM IN THE PROCESS OF DISPUTING THIS CHARGE WITH MY BANK. RESERVATIONS.COM HAS CHARGED ME TWICE ON 2 SEPARATE DAYS $14.99 FROM THEM AND ALSO $370.28 FROM HOTELS.COM. WTF!!!! I WILL NEVER DO THESE AGAIN BUT IM DAMN SURE GOING TO FIGHT TO GET MY MONEY BACK IF I HAVE TO TAKE THEIR ASSES TO COURT. IM ALSO CALLING CONSUMER AFFAIRS ON THEM AS WELL. PLEASE BEWARE!!!

shannonb82
5/4/17

I just checked into our hotel and was told by the hotel staff that we had booked through Expedia. I always book straight through the hotel, so I almost couldn't believe it. I checked my email from "ian" and realize in small print that I ordered by phone through reservations.com. I called directly intentionally because I wanted to avoid any miscommunication. The person on the phone told me that he would use my loyalty rewards number, obviously that was a lie. I was told that they couldn't pull up our room number from last year. He never explained the reason... that I had called a 3rd party reservation's company. In retrospect, that should hear alerted me. This company aims to deceive their customers. I could have gotten a much cheaper rate had I booked directly through the hotel like I had thought I was doing. I will share my experience on social media in as many ways as I can. This is a very bad way to start our vacation, realizing I was taken advantage of and mislead.

gwenw10
5/3/17

Reservations.com is deceptive and unethical. They advertise a low rate but after you book, you are charged booking fees and other fees which escalates the AMOUNT BILLED BY $50-60 dollars! They do not disclose full billing amount until after you have paid! Do not trust them with your credit card data! Please call your credit card company immediately and alert them and ask them to issue you a new card with a new number! Then report them to the Better Business Bureau!!

louiev9
5/3/17

I "reserved" a hotel room through this site (I thought I was on the hotel's actual website) and my credit card was charged immediately plus a *booking fee* These people are crooks plain and simple. When I cancelled my "reservation" I ended up $40 out. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Get the picture

cathym100
5/1/17

I called on 3/25 to ask questions about a hotel , was asked if I wanted to make a reservation and said yes but wasn't told in advance that I would be charged $14.99 to make a reservation . I was capable to make the reservation on my own . I have called 3 times and over 30 days later to get the charge refunded but haven't been successful yet .

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Reservations.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 3/8/16
on 5/31/15
on 6/29/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Reservations.com staff and other customers.

Reservations.com?