Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

stephenk78
2/4/17

Had a weird one of site glitch when trying to get a new gift card. Chat wouldn't work, basically shut down the site. I sent an email and was quickly impressed Raise took ownership of the event and fixed it, and then offered $5 as an apology. Darn good on you. I appreciate the company and how well you treat the customer.

gigiw5
2/2/17

I purchase a gift voucher for a Christmas present. When the recipient tried to use it they found out someone had stolen the voucher number and used it all. How FRUSTRATING and EMBARRASSING for me ... and them!

When I contacted Customer Service, they were SUPER! I gave them the information and offered a receipt from the store manager (for the voucher) that showed where the voucher had been spent. Customer Service Agents immediately researched and within minutes my refund was processed!

THANK YOU GRANT AND EDEN ... for your efficient, friendly, and professional handling of this situation ... YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

kevinf74
2/1/17

I contacted Raise in reference to an issue that I had with an order. I dealt with Brad from the Raise support team.

In addition to addressing my issue Brad took the time to assure i understood the problem, how it could have possibly occurred and what i could do in the future to avoid the issue if at all possible.

As a customer one expects competence and attention when dealing with an issue or a problem, what set this call apart was the additional attention that Brad took to make sure I understood and that I was comfortable with the issue and solution. Brad was an absolute pleasure to deal with. If, in the future, i find myself in a situation and needing to call again... I would prefer to deal with Brad again and no one else. In my experience with Raise...I have talked to about a half a dozen individuals. allthough none of the other calls were negative, I would certainly prefer to work with Brad in the future if the need arises.

terryt55
1/31/17

Let me say first that in a month and a half, I've already saved over $300 in cash! I've told countless people about Raise, and I stand by how amazing it is.

Recently I had ordered $100 worth of Taco Bell and KFC gift cards, and for the first time I received cards that didn't work. I informed Raise, and in less than 24 hours I had a full refund.

All I can say is that you have NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. Consider it saved money, risk free!

khushbup
1/30/17

It's really helpful as there are many stores and we won't know how to use gift card on that specific store. Raise just not helps in getting things cheaper but also helps in using them.

joshm127
1/26/17

Unless you want to lose money, don't go near these guys. Sold a gift card for over $200 and waited about a month, and they are refusing to give me my money. I already uploaded an ID but they said it didn't meet their guidelines for some reason. The reason is, so they could steal my money. They replied that it is due to a mismatch in account information. That is just their stock reply, because the receipt, 2 forms of ID, my bank account, and credit card were all verified. You have no idea how much verification they required. My phone number was also verified. They are a scam company. AVOID THEM. I have to go through a huge hassle trying to take them to small claims court.

jennyc87
1/26/17

Quincy provided me with excellent customer service. Quick and accurate responses. I'm obsessed with the app and now even more so knowing they have great customer service.

rachaell27
1/23/17

The team member I spoke with was very helpful in answering my questions and followup to fix the issues. Thanks!

jennc16
1/22/17

Went above and beyond to help me look for a needle in a haystack ... will use again! Love this site!

steves322
1/22/17

I have been a Raise customer for many years (even before it was named Raise). I have purchased many. many gift cards and have spent thousands of dollars. I cannot say how much I have saved on things I would have purchased anyway but it has been a lot!! The cards arrive quickly and of course the e-cards are virtually instant. Over the years I have had a fair number of cards go bad. Raise has ALWAYS honored its warranty and done so in a timely fashion. Its old warranty of 100 days was one of the best. Now with offering a year warranty it is hard to imagine that there is any risk at all. If you like to get a discount on dining out and store purchases and like gift cards this is really good. Also as a side note, using gift cards reduces the risk that your credit card will be compromised since you are not using it as often.

Tip for consumers: Cards often come and go quickly. If you find one you want buy it before it disappears. Even though Raise will keep track of your purchases in your online account, if you purchase a lot of cards (as I do) you might want to keep a hand written log of your purchases so you can track when cards arrive. I use a simple "Word" table for that purpose.

suh57
1/20/17

Had some issues with cards I had purchased, which totaled over $200.00. I "live chatted" with Piper then Jet but unknowingly lost the connection. Within a few moments Jet called me to resolve the card issues. I did not believe that some of the issues could be resolved but halleluiah Jet was able to walk me through and even helped me do a snapshot on my phone to send him information. Before talking with Jet I had decided not to make any further purchases but boy-oh-boy due to Jet's beyond excellent service I will continue to make purchases through Raise. Thank you for wonderful service Jet!

keia5
1/19/17

Unfortunately, I did not receive one of the gift cards that I purchased. I contacted customer service through their website. The response that I received was prompt and thorough. It was a explained that there would be a delay in issuing a refund because of the terms and policies of the service. The thing that I appreciate the most is that the customer service representative followed up with me, as opposed to waiting for me to get back into contact with them. Additionally, after I responded that I still had not received my order, she immediately rectified the situation. This is the kind of customer service that encourages my future purchases!!!!

romd
1/18/17

I feel really happy with Raise customer service. Very fast reply, fast refund if there is any problem with gift card.
Tks a lot!!!

stevenf60
1/18/17

Just went through a terrible ordeal with Raise thanks to the competence & professionalism of Raise representative Bernie. This man went beyond any narrow job description in restoring my faith in Raise.

lynns87
1/18/17

I contacted customer service today and was assisted in a professional manner. My questions were answered quickly. The customer service representative was also friendly.

pamg35
1/17/17

I had ordered a physical gift card on 12/14/16 as a Christmas gift, shipping directly to my nephew. It never arrived. When I asked Raise.com to check on it, they graciously offered to refund my account for the amount I spent, without me even asking them to do so.

I've been a loyal customer of Raise.com for a couple years. I've promoted them to many people. I only wish they offered a higher threshold on all shop.com orders.

rustyf10
1/15/17

I use raise a lot for discounts on restaurants and home supply stores like Home Depot. I have great success using them and in the rare event of an issue they have great customer service.

maryjeand
1/15/17

I had unknowingly bought a card from Raise that turned out to be fraudulently sold to them. I was refunded my purchase price and sent an email to get my points (264) back from Subway that they took totally away because of the card. It was a $50 card and still had a $46.42 balance when they closed it in Dec 2016.Subway also never notified me of the problem with the card. I found out the hard way when I went to use it in Jan 2017. The first rep for Subway was snippy and more or less said too bad,nothing I can do, you lose it all. The second rep, Lupe was very nice and sent my request for my points to be restored. The rep from Raise was Holden and he was wonderful every step of the way. He resolved it in minutes.Thank you Holden!

Tip for consumers: I will use Raise again . I am not sure about Subway.

johnb770
1/14/17

Lola was EXTREMELY helpful and pleasant to work with. I wish all customer service was like this! Thank you :)

maryannj6
1/14/17

Anymore, I feel there is no concept of customer service. You call a number and get transferred a few times, before the call gets disconnected. The call I had today to resolve an issue was so smooth. I had real customer service and the issue was resolved by one person and one call and quickly. I will continue to do business with this site.

rayf31
1/14/17

I've been using Raise a lot and saving $$$. Mostly buying cards for restaurants. On the few occasions where there's been an issue with a card, I have been very impressed with the responsiveness and "customer first" service level. 100-day guarantee is great. I recommend.

michellee42
1/13/17

Blake was extremely helpful and friendly in helping me to obtain a refund. Thank you so much for all your help and I can't wait to do business again!!!

arthurf24
1/13/17

I mistakenly bought a card that was of no use to me. Walter showed me how to put the card back up for sale with a minimal loss to me. Walter was top notch in every way. Thanks again, Walter. - Art

stevem301
1/11/17

Raise has done a phenomenal job with customer support. Anytime I had an issue with the card I notified them and they helped me immediately and corrected the situation. I've saved over $60 with the Raise last year and will continue to do business with them I'm very grateful for their customer service and support

chingpinh
1/11/17

I was trying to use a shell gas gift card that I purchased over 9 months ago from raise.com during my summer vacation last year, and it went bad (balance $0) on my first attend to use it. I forgot about this issue after I came back from vacation and 2 more months went by until I realized it's way pass raise.com's 100 Day Money-Back Guarantee. But, since I am a royal raise.com customer for almost 2 years, I decided to go ahead to report this issue to raise.com hoping that I will still get something back. They responded to my email in 2 days, and after I answered couple of questions to their email, I GOT my Full Refund, in 5 business days!!!
Raise.com walked an extra mile to help me resolved this problem since they recognized the importance of royal customers who they build their solid business on. And that's why I love using raise.com for saving a lot of money!

Helpful answer

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D. on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l. on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B. on 8/27/15
Helpful answer

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gunjeet, in an effort to verify your seller account, we do ask for a valid credit card to be used in order to sell cards! This is to increase the security of our marketplace and to help our sellers get paid quicker, and allow our buyers to receive their cards in a timely manner as well! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 5/2/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ali! You can purchase a gift card through Raise and apply to that to your online Dell order. Please note only 1 card may be used per online transaction. Please ask away if you have any further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/29/17
Helpful answer

Hi TJ! All you need to sell a card on Raise is a credit card for verification. You upload the card information, we verify it, and it gets listed! Once a card has officially been sold, you'll be notified via email and you can get paid via check, ACH Direct Deposit, or PayPal. Physical checks will take 3-14 business days for you to receive while ACH/PayPal will take 1-3 business days.

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/26/17
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com