Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

robins171
3/19/17

They really do assure you do not get scammed. I ordered 5, $25 gift cards to Target for a purchase. Two of them were not functional right away, and the other three had a $0 balance after a days time. I contacted Raise, and they helped me out hassle free.

laurac216
3/19/17

Someone stole my debit card and used it with this company that I have never heard of until today. I got such bs from these people. They fraudulently charged my card and are giving me the run around. They customer service associate said its happened many times! Well doesn't that just make you feel good about this horrible company?? I will be filing a complaint with the department of consumer protection here in CT and will fi8le charges against whomever it was that took my card!

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Laura, we'd like to sincerely apologize for this experience. This is something we take very seriously at Raise and we would never want anyone to encounter this situation. Our Order Processing team has already proceeded with the refund of this order and we have sent you a follow-up email with more information. Please be on the lookout for that email and we'd be happy to address this as best as possible.
kristinas48
3/18/17

I had problem and Raise representative absolutely solve it. I ordered many gift cards from Raise,satisfied at all. Recommend! Great service! Thanks

victort27
3/16/17

I buy quite bit of discounted gift cards and sell a little bit on Raise. Whenever I have an issue, I just simply type out an email to inform them about it. Most times, it's for a refund due to the seller not posting the right amount in the mailed card. But the last time I emailed their customer support was to inform them that two of my e-gift cards are grossly under the advertise purchase amount. I was upset but then I thought that maybe the amount was starting to be deducted after a certain amount of time of non-use. But they quick shot me back an message stating they have refunded me the difference. I was wow'd. I didn't expect anything back. Just maybe to second opinion on my previous theory. I can't praise their customer service enough. Very prompt and they go above and beyond for their customers. That is what makes a good brand great!

kp90
3/15/17

Need to say this right off the bat tho, I have contacted Raise.com and they are going to send a check refunding the purchasing price of the remaining balance to me. I still feel robbed by the experienc and would stay away from these sketchy gift cards from now on.

The gift card came from my first and only time ordering a gift card from riase.com. I bought $50 value gift card and received a card in the mail about a week later. Used it once at the store soon after to make sure the balance was there, and it was, all $50 minus a cup of smoothie I bought that day. I didn't have a chance to visit the store again after that day. I finally decided to go today and was told that the balance on the card was zero.

I returned home, called the number on the back of the gift card, and the smoothie company was able to look up the transactions for me. They told me that after my fist purchase, all the remaining forty something balance on the card was used in one transaction, a month after my purchasing date from raise.com, at a location in a city that I've never been to, far a way from where I live, but pretty close to the mailing address where the card came from, if the memory serves me right.

I next contacted raise.com and they are going to send me a check for the amount I spent to purchase the remaining balance. I suspect that this is a scam on the seller's end. The seller probably saved the card number and pin before mailing it out, so that they can later take out all the remaining balance after the buyer have received the card with the full amount on it.

Raise customer service was very nice and helpful, however, without a mechanism to prevent this type of scams in place, I'd say stay away from it. Gift card system probably has tons of holes for the scammers to abuse. It probably go against promoting their business, but I think they should put out a warning or disclaimer about the risks the buyers are getting themselves into. A little savings on the value of the card don't worth getting the whole balance wiped clean from the gift card while the card is in your purse at all time. Do I really wanna risk paying $50 for one cup of smoothie again? I think not.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi K.P., we’d like to sincerely apologize for this experience and we are happy to see that our Member Services team has resolved this issue for you. We take these matters very seriously and we hold our sellers to a very high standard on Raise. We will be reaching out to gather more information as to why this card experienced troubles. In the mean time, we have added an extra $5 in your Raise account as an extension of our apologies. Everyday we are working to improve the quality and selection of the gift cards on the marketplace. If you have any further questions, please send us an email to member.success@raise.com.
margaretm146
Margaret M.
3/15/17

Refunded the cost of a purchased card when it was used fraudulently by an unknown person. Professional and quick response given. Very respectful attitude given. Thank you!

christiw6
3/13/17

I was having issues with the app, I called and got immediate service plus follow up emails to make sure their advice worked, as I was using my phone and did not have access to a computer. Everything worked out!

rogerj25
3/12/17

The representative who helped me over the phone was Grant. Grant was extremely helpful, friendly, and polite. I am very pleased with my contact with Raise.com.

gingers16
3/7/17

We went to Paneras today and was told the card was no good! Bummer! I did know Raise has a good guarantee. We got home and went to the site; which now you can talk about the problem online. Within 1/2 hour I got an email stating they would refund my amount. SO GREAT! Besides getting good discounts, the guarantee is fabulous!

seank47
3/7/17

recently bought 2 gift cards . One from iTunes and another from Texas roadhouse. Both gift cards did not work. What a scam. Be aware!! Never buy anything from then. Make sure u bring money to the restaurant if u intend to use their gift card. I bought 2 so far and both didn't work. And they have the audacity to tell me it rarely happens and i bought 2 and they both didn't work. Scam!!"

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi there Sean, first and foremost, we'd like to sincerely apologize for any troubles this order has caused you. As a member to member marketplace, we verify every card listed on Raise twice as well as verify every seller to maintain the integrity of the marketplace. Your purchase price is also protected under our newly extended 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee as we want our members to be able to purchase with confidence. We are happy to see that you were refunded for both of these cards and have credited your account with $10 in Raise Rewards for the first time user promo code that was applied to this order. We welcome any further questions you may have via email at member.success@raise.com.
janeo22
3/6/17

The customer service at Raise was amazing. The phone was answered almost right away and my rep knew just how to handle the problem. I was on and off the phone with my problem handled in under 10 minutes!!! In addition, they sent me a code to use next time just because I had a problem!! I will definitely order again!!

gregoryb53
3/6/17

I have been using Raise.com for more than 1 year. I would NOT recommend this site to anyone. The cards just don't work. Save your self the embarrassment at the store or restaurant. Please beware.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Gregory, we are sorry to hear that we let you down. We'd like to reassure you that every listing is verified twice, once at the initial listing, and once at the time of purchase to ensure a valid card. In addition, every purchase on Raise is protected by our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee as well so you can purchase with confidence. We are working every day to improve the quality and selection of the gift cards on the marketplace. We welcome any further questions you may have at member.success@raise.com.
toddb44
3/2/17

I contacted Raise customer support for help with a refund on two gift card purchases, and received superior support from their agent, Sheldon. He processed the request immediately, and was highly knowledgeable and greatly helpful. 5 stars.

darlenem27
3/1/17

Very good service,and friendly. It took a while for him to walk me through it,but was very kind,and patient.

jamesm598
2/28/17

I bought a Chili's card. When I went to use it, the balance was zero. Ava refunded my purchase without any problem. Very professional and courteous. Thank you Ava.

jimc197
2/25/17

Lowe's physical return merchandise card proved to be much less valuable when I went to use it. The clerk kept the card, but Raise made up the difference just by sending them a photo of the receipt. I was I big fan before, and now even bigger!

kerrya24
2/24/17

Merrick was very patient and pleasant. He walked me through the process. Very helpful. Thank you, Merrick

candym14
2/23/17

When ever I have had an issue with an e-certificate or a card, Raise has been quick to resolve the issue. Thanks so much!

mariann244
2/22/17

I had purchased an egiftcard and realized it was not working when I attempted to use it at the restaurant. After contacting Raise customer service and few back and forth communications, the issue was resolved and my money was in the process of being refunded. I had purchased gift cards previously with no problems at all. I will continue to purchase gift cards from Raise in the future.

jrj6
2/21/17

Raise is an amazing service. I joined Raise a little more than a year ago and I have saved our family of 6 over $2,000! We buy gift cards for everything from restaurants, grocery and department stores. I have had issues with balances on some cards but by simply calling customer service, they will provide a refund if the issue occurs within a year of purchase. All their representatives are courteous and friendly, including Sheldon today on a balance issue we had on an Applebee's gift card. Despite some issues with balances, the service is amazing and the savings are fabulous!

carole334
2/20/17

I have been very pleased with Raise. The selection of discounted gift cards is extensive & are usually in stock. I made the mistake of not checking the balance on a gift card I had ordered & discovered a zero balance when I tried to use it. Raise customer service refunded my money within a few hours with no questions asked. Quite impressive!

bejoyt1
2/20/17

I've recently sold some gift cards on Raise.com recently. The first gift card I sold didn't had any issues and I was paid promptly. After selling a couple more gift cards on raise and on the date I was suppose to be paid they closed my account because of some verification problem and took my money without paying me. They did not have any verification issue the first time I sold the gift card and then they scammed me out of my money for the gift cards I sold and I try emailing them but they never respond. This company is a scam and they lure you into selling gift cards and then take your money and close your account. I would be filing complaints against this company and move against this company legally. They need to shut down and not cheat anyone. BEWARE OF SELLING GIFT CARDS! THEY SCAM SELLERS!!!

Tip for consumers: The only advice I have for others is NEVER SELL at Raise. They would come up with every excuse in their TERMS & CONDITIONS and cheat you. They are the worst company and I hope BBB would shut this down soon.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi there Bejoy, we'd like to sincerely apologize for any troubles this experience has caused you. After further review into this issue, our Seller Support Team has sent an email clarifying the current account status as well as addressing the multiple accounts that were created. Raise does not allow the use of multiple accounts so there has been a hold placed as a result. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and any further questions may be sent directly to the email from our Seller Support Team.
mikep203
2/18/17

Unfortunately there are some dishonest sellers of gift cards with Raise.com but Payten at customer service was extremely friendly and helpful and I will feel confident using Raise again!

kimm241
2/16/17

Aria was super friendly, professional and helpful! She solved the hiccup and help me navigate through the the problem .

miriamr9
2/8/17

I talked to Trent, told him the dilemma with the card I purchased with Raise.com, and within 5 min, problem solved and my credit card was reimbursed. Impressive! No questions asked! Love it! Wish Groupon worked this way!!

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D.
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l.

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H.

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D.

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B.

Hi Tara! There is no way to directly gift someone a card at this time but if you are buying an egift/voucher, you can download the PDF and send to a friend that way! We hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

So sorry for the delay Shelby. Depending on your payment method, you can receive your payment within 2-3 business days! (ACH or PayPal). Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

Hi Kacey! Depending on the total amount that you have sold, we may require additional information. If you'd like to send us an email to member.success@raise.com, we'd be happy to discuss in detail!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com