Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

christiw6
3/13/17

I was having issues with the app, I called and got immediate service plus follow up emails to make sure their advice worked, as I was using my phone and did not have access to a computer. Everything worked out!

rogerj25
3/12/17

The representative who helped me over the phone was Grant. Grant was extremely helpful, friendly, and polite. I am very pleased with my contact with Raise.com.

gingers16
3/7/17

We went to Paneras today and was told the card was no good! Bummer! I did know Raise has a good guarantee. We got home and went to the site; which now you can talk about the problem online. Within 1/2 hour I got an email stating they would refund my amount. SO GREAT! Besides getting good discounts, the guarantee is fabulous!

seank47
3/7/17

recently bought 2 gift cards . One from iTunes and another from Texas roadhouse. Both gift cards did not work. What a scam. Be aware!! Never buy anything from then. Make sure u bring money to the restaurant if u intend to use their gift card. I bought 2 so far and both didn't work. And they have the audacity to tell me it rarely happens and i bought 2 and they both didn't work. Scam!!"

janeo22
3/6/17

The customer service at Raise was amazing. The phone was answered almost right away and my rep knew just how to handle the problem. I was on and off the phone with my problem handled in under 10 minutes!!! In addition, they sent me a code to use next time just because I had a problem!! I will definitely order again!!

gregoryb53
3/6/17

I have been using Raise.com for more than 1 year. I would NOT recommend this site to anyone. The cards just don't work. Save your self the embarrassment at the store or restaurant. Please beware.

toddb44
3/2/17

I contacted Raise customer support for help with a refund on two gift card purchases, and received superior support from their agent, Sheldon. He processed the request immediately, and was highly knowledgeable and greatly helpful. 5 stars.

darlenem27
3/1/17

Very good service,and friendly. It took a while for him to walk me through it,but was very kind,and patient.

jamesm598
2/28/17

I bought a Chili's card. When I went to use it, the balance was zero. Ava refunded my purchase without any problem. Very professional and courteous. Thank you Ava.

jimc197
2/25/17

Lowe's physical return merchandise card proved to be much less valuable when I went to use it. The clerk kept the card, but Raise made up the difference just by sending them a photo of the receipt. I was I big fan before, and now even bigger!

kerrya24
2/24/17

Merrick was very patient and pleasant. He walked me through the process. Very helpful. Thank you, Merrick

candym14
2/23/17

When ever I have had an issue with an e-certificate or a card, Raise has been quick to resolve the issue. Thanks so much!

mariann244
2/22/17

I had purchased an egiftcard and realized it was not working when I attempted to use it at the restaurant. After contacting Raise customer service and few back and forth communications, the issue was resolved and my money was in the process of being refunded. I had purchased gift cards previously with no problems at all. I will continue to purchase gift cards from Raise in the future.

jrj6
2/21/17

Raise is an amazing service. I joined Raise a little more than a year ago and I have saved our family of 6 over $2,000! We buy gift cards for everything from restaurants, grocery and department stores. I have had issues with balances on some cards but by simply calling customer service, they will provide a refund if the issue occurs within a year of purchase. All their representatives are courteous and friendly, including Sheldon today on a balance issue we had on an Applebee's gift card. Despite some issues with balances, the service is amazing and the savings are fabulous!

carole334
2/20/17

I have been very pleased with Raise. The selection of discounted gift cards is extensive & are usually in stock. I made the mistake of not checking the balance on a gift card I had ordered & discovered a zero balance when I tried to use it. Raise customer service refunded my money within a few hours with no questions asked. Quite impressive!

bejoyt1
2/20/17

I've recently sold some gift cards on Raise.com recently. The first gift card I sold didn't had any issues and I was paid promptly. After selling a couple more gift cards on raise and on the date I was suppose to be paid they closed my account because of some verification problem and took my money without paying me. They did not have any verification issue the first time I sold the gift card and then they scammed me out of my money for the gift cards I sold and I try emailing them but they never respond. This company is a scam and they lure you into selling gift cards and then take your money and close your account. I would be filing complaints against this company and move against this company legally. They need to shut down and not cheat anyone. BEWARE OF SELLING GIFT CARDS! THEY SCAM SELLERS!!!

Tip for consumers: The only advice I have for others is NEVER SELL at Raise. They would come up with every excuse in their TERMS & CONDITIONS and cheat you. They are the worst company and I hope BBB would shut this down soon.

mikep203
2/18/17

Unfortunately there are some dishonest sellers of gift cards with Raise.com but Payten at customer service was extremely friendly and helpful and I will feel confident using Raise again!

kimm241
2/16/17

Aria was super friendly, professional and helpful! She solved the hiccup and help me navigate through the the problem .

miriamr9
2/8/17

I talked to Trent, told him the dilemma with the card I purchased with Raise.com, and within 5 min, problem solved and my credit card was reimbursed. Impressive! No questions asked! Love it! Wish Groupon worked this way!!

sp1043
2/8/17

I had to get some refunds for some electronic gift cards that were inactive. Although it was an inconvenience, your customer service rep handled it like a pro. It really made the difference.

sebastianl14
2/7/17

After buying several gift cards without any issue, I received one that didn't work. Calling customer service was easy, with speedy response time and no hassle resolution. Despite this one occurrence, I plan to continue to purchase through Raise, considering the 1 year protection offered for cases like this one and the respectful people available to work out any kinks.

karens286
2/6/17

Not only did Bernie answer my emails in record time, I called on another issue and he actually answered the call. Very professional and helpful.

louellag
2/5/17

I placed a call to Raise.com to inquire about a missing gift card I had recently purchased. However the gentleman who helped me said they had fixed the problem & I was sent an email to inform me about it. They did all that 2 hours before I even knew there was a problem! Raise is a top notch company & I will always be a loyal customer. Thank you!

bena68
2/5/17

bought cvs gift card 1.25.17. card was $156. and went to use at cvs today 2.3.17. CVS tried 3 times to use magnetic then 2 times manually bought the card did not work. spent 20 min cvs with other customers not happy waiting too, then 23 min at RAISE THEN, 12 min WITH american express (am ex said we would be refunded fully dispute). RAISE 1 YEAR turned out joke as well the 100 day guanante. I DONT KNOW IF ITS FROM A SELLER OR A ACTUAL STORE BUT RAISE SOLD IT AND IS FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR RAISE TOMAKE RIGHT REGUARDLESS. RAISE TOLD, to print, get envelope, etc. big waste time, don't trust RAISE, the didnt honor the money back. look at how often the have BBB complaints.

claudiaw13
2/5/17

With any problems or concerns related to Raise, Raise Member Services has been very quick to respond to fix and/or answer my concern. They remedy issues very quickly and professionally. I have never once been disappointed with the outcome, and in fact, have been pleasantly impressed instead.

Helpful answer

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D. on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l. on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B. on 8/27/15
Helpful answer

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gunjeet, in an effort to verify your seller account, we do ask for a valid credit card to be used in order to sell cards! This is to increase the security of our marketplace and to help our sellers get paid quicker, and allow our buyers to receive their cards in a timely manner as well! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 5/2/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ali! You can purchase a gift card through Raise and apply to that to your online Dell order. Please note only 1 card may be used per online transaction. Please ask away if you have any further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/29/17
Helpful answer

Hi TJ! All you need to sell a card on Raise is a credit card for verification. You upload the card information, we verify it, and it gets listed! Once a card has officially been sold, you'll be notified via email and you can get paid via check, ACH Direct Deposit, or PayPal. Physical checks will take 3-14 business days for you to receive while ACH/PayPal will take 1-3 business days.

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/26/17
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com