Review of Points2Shop

Alpharetta, GA 30022, United States
info@points2shop.com

ericw116
8/16/17

I have earned about $94 on this site and I have to say that my time spent making that was absolutely miserable the entire time I was doing the surveys and tasks. The surveys are long, boring, unfair, a waste of time, and a waste of an effort. They take about 20-60 mins to complete and you want to shoot yourself in the head if you do one that is an hour. The worst part of this is that you are not guaranteed to qualify for each survey, you have to fill out demographics and see if they match with the survey, but the surveys do not scan your demographics before you take them (which is complete bull $#*!), so you have to wait to go to the page that has the demographic question and if you are 1% or 99% done with the survey you can be DQ'ed at any time for any reason even ones that are not apparent. So you can be 60 mins into a survey and they can ask you a question at the very end if you don't match what they are looking for BAM, congrats bro you just wasted an hour of my life with no compensation whatsoever. In my experience, you gain less than $1.00 an hour. It's just completely a waste of your time, it's not a scam but god damn is it hard to make a messly 0.50 cents.

dongy5
8/8/17

Compared to the others who were banned before redooming, I joined them yesterday,installed their app,and so far only get 4 points, then be banned today for no reason!
I even have not done any surveys.
On other hand, maybe I should feel lucky.

felixs28
7/31/17

I wanted to get a Macbook pro so when i go to reward gallery it says "Cannot connect to Amazon". On top of that, the surveys don't accept anyone. Stay away from this bull$#*! site!

adamd77
7/6/17

It is a full scam. Avoid this site. I have reported them to the BBB. Do not waste your time. As soon as you try to order you get banned and you cannot access customer service.

daltonj6
7/5/17

This site was really nice over the years, until they decided to unfairly ban and restrict accounts for the pettiest things. Yes, I know some of those accounts were using fraudulent information, but most were legit users. Points2shop, as you know, is a site where you create an account and do surveys to get a currency called points, or if you want, cash. The way they do this is that they have the user do surveys from an advertiser, and in return for completing the survey, Points2shop would give the user a percent of the payment.

What you didn't know is that 99% of the time, surveys reject you even if you answer truthfully. The site is very vague on its rules and unfairly strict when it comes to them also. Its to the point of which only a few users (150 or so) make it to legend, which then they are practically a part of the actual company, and thus, will not be banned. Some of the issues are just plain unfair. An example of this is that you cannot log in at a public place, because it causes "issues" with the site or advertisers. Sadly, the ordering system is not good either, because it takes not hours, but days to process an order you put in.

Another issue with Points2shop is that it is unfriendly to new users. The staff may claim it easy to do survey's and such, but this simply is not the case. I have been a member for 4 years and now they started to restrict my account every time I try order something (Ordered 2 Magic The gathering cards and now my account is restricted, causing the orders to be denied, and suspiciously after I looked at the BBB complaints) . This site really is not up to par, and it seems like they play favorites.

If your looking to earn money from taking survey's, this site is not your answer. I wish I could say otherwise, because I have gotten 22 orders of items from them, but I cannot because of their recent behavior and all their "policy's".

One last thing before I finish this review. They have an app that you can download to your phone. But does it make any sense that you can only use the app at your house or the ip address you used to sign up at? What is the point if you cannot even use the app to view your profile or order stuff from another ip?

Update 7/6/17: I am now banned because of "multiple violations". I know I did nothing wrong, and I gave this same review on BBB (Better Business Bureau).

Tip for consumers: Be careful of what you do on there. And if you ever see a red banner at the top of your screen that starts with:

"Read this message carefully"

Then they have restricted your account, whether it is in violation, or not. If they even suspect you in the wrong, they restrict, and then possibly ban you. This also goes for legitimate reviews by users.

shelbinators
7/3/17

There are better sites out there. P2S is ok until they feel like you've done something wrong and you can't cash out. They treat you like a 2 year old. You can come back but never do this again... Whatever. Oh and they are so worried about sites like this they have a secret board where they ask you to please counter sites like this.

Such as: We could probably do with some more reviews on the SiteJabber page: http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.points2shop.com

Would certainly help.

And

There are always some people who write negative reviews or complaints about websites. This is no different for Points2shop. If you search on points2shop scam or points2shop complaints or similar search terms you will find disgruntled (ex) members with complaints about their account or points2shop in general. We can use your help here.

There are certain categories within these complaints:

Talking bad about points2shop on purpose
Some members purposely cheated on points2shop and will not be unblocked anymore. Some people are mad about that, even though its their own fault they got blocked and are now knowingly spreading lies about points2shop in the hope it will have some effect.

What can you do? You can add a reply or comment that what they say is not true, preferable with some kind of proof of the opposite or by explaining stuff.

Lack of information
- Some members violated our rules and got blocked, either permanently or temporary. They do not send in a ticket though and do not read their email/inbox messages. Therefor they never get to know the reason of their block and think Points2shop scammed them. If they send in a ticket they can either get the reason of their block (we can usually just tell them the rule they violated) and in a lot of cases they can even get a part of their account access back. They are not aware of this because they leave the website instantly when they see the block.

What can you do? You can add a reply or comment explaining their problem (if possible) and let them send in a ticket on the website for more insight in the situation and to see if they can get a part of their account access restored or at least understand why they were blocked.

Spreading rumors
- Some people just pass on rumors without checking out if they are true. Often they are not even a member or ex member.

What can you do? You can add a reply or comment telling the truth.

Some examples:
There are a few topics saying that you get blocked on points2shop once you gain too many points.

You obviously know this is not correct. The author of such a topic might really believe this though. The reason people think this is because we only check peoples profiles on fraud once they hit a certain trigger in our system, for example when they place an order. We can not check 3.5 million members every single day for fraud, so we need to check only on important moments. There would not be a single reason for Points2shop to block people who earn a lot of money. The more people earn the better it is for Points2shop. If we block them they can not earn anymore. Blocking high earning members would be a very stupid business decision and does not make sense at all.

What can you do? You can say this is not true, prove it by showing your prizes and show you earned a lot and are not blocked. But more importantly you can explain to them why it might look like that but why it is definitely not true and makes no sense for a website like Points2shop to do something like that.

There are a few topics that tell people not to join because they will be blocked eventually because Points2shop is too strict

They are right about a certain part, Points2shop is actually very strict. The other part is not true though. Members will not eventually get blocked. If they follow our rules they will never get blocked.

Points2shop is strict for a reason, not because we like to block members but to keep the quality for our advertisers as high as possible.
Points2shop gets paid by advertisers for people completing offers and surveys. Points2shop pays a part of that money to members in either points or cash.If we allow people to sign up with fake information for example the advertisers will have a database full of useless data and will blacklist our users from participating in their offers or surveys and won't pay Points2shop a penny. They might even stop working with points2shop at all. This results in less earning opportunities for all our members. The same is true for people with multiple accounts. Advertisers do not want to pay twice for the same member. And if this happens too often they just stop working with a website like points2shop and buy their advertisement elsewhere. Points2shop also has many exclusive offers competitors don't have because there are less fraudulent members. The reason Points2shop is still around and many other websites that started at the same time are not there anymore is because Points2shop is enforcing the rules. Members who stick to the rules have nothing to fear though and is definitely not a reason to refrain from signing up.

What can you do? You can explain to them why Points2shop has to be strict and why that makes Points2shop even better. Make sure that people know that if they follow the rules there is no single reason to fear that they would be blocked.

Why is this important?
Helping Points2shop by posting comments like this is not only very useful for the person who posted the complaint but also for new members who try to find out if points2shop is legit. You all know it is legit because you all got all your products you ordered, but those new visitors do not, and they need to know the truth as well:)

Yes they are telling people to lie for them.

sk541
4/6/17

I have earned over $200 and once I tried to claim a reward they banned me from the site without an explanation. I followed all their rules. Several request for an explanation and to unlock my account....no response. After over 9 months later, they email me and stated that I could not just watch videos to gain points. If I were to change my earning methods and diversify I would be allowed access again. All my previous earnings would be reduced to whatever they decide. I agreed to the new terms yet I have not been given access to the site again. It has been over two months and my account is still blocked.

Note: I have participate in numerous money making site and have never been banned....

So...in conclusion....Points2Shop IS A SCAM

janvis1
1/17/17

When the time for my payment they stop my payment saying why r you watching same video. if watching same video is not allowed why do they did not tell this thing or prevent me to watch by a warning at first place so i won't have to spend time watching favorite videos again and again. However at the time of payment they told this thing and snatched my hard earned gift cards. I hate this site now and will never return. They got their money by my working but did not give me reward.

kaib12
1/1/17

I KEEP GETTING KICKED OFF, OR NOT A GOOD MATCH FOR ME BECAUSE OF MY ETHNICITY, YET, YOU HAVE A BLACK MALE PEDDLING THIS SITE ON YOUTUBE.IF YOU ARE NOT WHITE, AND FEMALE WITH TODDLER CHILDREN, YOU WONT MAKE MONEY ON THIS SITE.OR LIE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE, BECAUSE APPARENTLY THESE PEOPLE ARE RACIST, JUST DONT WANT TO BE CALLED RACISTS.I HAVE BEEN TURNED DOWN FOR THIRTY SURVEYS THE LAST TWO HOURS, MOSTLY AFTER I SAID MY ETHNICITY. WHY IS THAT SO DAM IMPOTRTANT, THAT YOU HAVE TO STATE YOUR ETHNICITY EVERY DAM TIME???

chelseaw23
12/31/16

I am a member of many survey sites for about seven months and this is the only one I regret joining. I rarely used it, because it payed so little compared to the other sites that I belong to. Also, they had a large number of technical problems that prevented being able to access many of the surveys. I regularly got e-mails from Points2Shop saying they missed me because it had been so long since I had logged in.

Then, like other people, I recently got blocked for supposedly having multiple accounts. I have been going back and forth with customer services and they give me no explanation on why they are accusing me of this, even though I have made it clear than I am baffled. Now, they are demanding I send them a copy of my driver's license and a bill to prove my identity. This seems very suspicious, especially since I have been given no explanation for why I am being falsely accused. I have followed all the terms and conditions. Also, all the survey sites I belong to partner with the same set of companies, so why does Points2Shop pay so much less than the other companies?

Now that I have done some reading online, I see that they block people's accounts like this on a regular basis. Also, I have now seen that they have an F with the Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/market-research-and-analysis/points2shop-in-alpharetta-ga-27472673. I am done with this site. Luckily, I had only earned about $10 worth of points.

Here's the other survey sites I belong to. They seem legit; I have received payments from almost all of them, some multiple times. They have A grades with the BBB, also (with the exception of Valued Opinions, which I couldn't find BBB info on). Just be careful, because some of these sites advertise other survey sites.

opinionoutpost.com
harrispollonline.com
valuedopinions.com
vindale.com
inboxdollars.com

salinar
9/5/16

I just got my account unblocked after they said I was not doing surveys well. No clear explanations of what I did wrong. So I decided to not do surveys anymore and only watch videos on the tablet through their app.. Somehow my account got blocked again, since I can no longer view reward gallery once again. They don't give you a message on why your account got blocked. Well all I can say. I received two dvd movies, and $5 into a tablet. I don't want to deal with support again(Last ticket said to not do the same stuff again, that sounds negative, and it removed my hope to get it unblocked again). So the $13 I have made and my athletic shoe dream is out of the picture.

anjaw2
7/4/16

This site was a great if slow way to earn points towards neat things and Amazon gift cards when I started. I really liked the peer helper who guided you and answered your questions in plain language until you made your first purchase/withdrawal. But this site has so many rules that are hard to find and security is glitchy. Supposedly someone accessed my account and changed my profile so I'm lying? They changed my race to black yet my profile picture clearly shows I'm not, come on!!!! I can't even use the large amounts amount of points I have left because after almost 3 weeks this is still not resolved. Maybe like some People said you hit a wall and they don't want to pay, I hope not because that's just wrong. Also the tier system where you move up relies heavily on referrals so if you're not pushy don't expect to go beyond gold. Get in and get out and cash out frequently is my advice if you do this.

philippas1
6/2/16

ive been a member for over a year i dont go on the site very often but have cashed out 2 £5 amazon vouchers . They then send surveys and on 2 occassions i have been blocked from accessing them i got them unlocked to then find my account blocked surprise surprise im not far off being due another payment they are now trying to say i have violated the terms and conditions by having multiple accounts and i need to verify my identity with the us address i signed up with unfortunately i have never signed up with a us address as i am from the uk then i am expected to provide photo id and a bill with my address and prove im over 18 they are trying to say i accessed my account from another location far away from my ip address ive asked them to provide me with the emails and details of all of these so called multiple accounts i have but ive had no reply on that one will not be bothering no more with that site

sarak44
5/21/16

I love it 10%10

seanc68
5/3/16

These boots are amazing. They fit my feet like running shoes, but give me the grip of the highest quality. I am so happy with my Palladium boots, I ware them every chance I get. In fact, I am buying a new pair today so I can have two pair.

mitchc17
2/8/16

simonb69
1/5/16

id been on p2s for 3 years ive had my account blocked twice first time they asked for id so i asked for proof that i had multiple accounts they sent me the email addresses.
this time i asked again as they saying i have multiple accounts but they aint giving me the addresses they keep saying send in your id to open account again im refusing as cant be arsed with it anymore and asked them to close account but they saying they dont want to do that because ive been good for them dont waste your time joining up with them

tamekay
1/4/16

I'm closing my account as soon I get the 3DS game I want. Apparently they denied my order for some odd reason claiming I broke some rules. My points for the the 3DS game is accurate.

chrisc215
1/2/16

This one might be for you. Be careful of ban happy sites with a "chat" feature or "too good to be true" feel to them. Chances are they will come with a catch and/or not even work in the end. Do not recommend this site due rather questionable business practices and a bizarre point system. Also, they seem to accuse you of things you didn't do and kick you off at the drop of a hat with no warning. Don't waste your time.

tinag40
12/17/15

I was using points to shop for over 3 years and had not had any problems until last Sept.I placed an order on the site as I always do, and then I recieved the block on my account.I contacted them about this, and was told I was blocked because my phone had"roaming" on it, and that is not allowed.I argued about this, as my phone is not roaming, nor is it AT&T service.I was told smartphones were not allowed on the site.I agreed to use my laptop to access the site, and solve the problem.They unblocked the site, and then I went on for a while and earned more money.I later went to cash out only to find my account again blocked.This time it was a "proxy" being used on my laptop.I again requested the block be removed from my account, and again it was removed.I placed an order through my friends smartphone, and was again blocked.This time, orders cant be placed through a phone, only the laptop that they wont accept.So this time I borrowed a tablet from a friend with a totally different connection, installed the mobile app, and requested the block be removed.I asked them if this time everything was ok, and the block removed, and it was ok to order.They gave me the go ahead, only for me to get blocked again.This time it was the roaming again and some nonsense about the type of connection.The summary is that this site is a scam.They will do and say anything to not pay you and make you look like you are at fault.If a true scam artist was looking to rip off, it would be for more than the cheap crap they offer on that site.They flatter themselves into thinking theyre something special.Their "rules are ridiculous, and at some point you will violate them.Dont waste your time and get a migraine from this site as I have.I lost $21.45 from this site, and a lot of time.

jaleinl
12/10/15

So far I have made about $30 completing surveys after being active for nearly 3 weeks on Points2shop, which is a good way (in my opinion) to make some fast cash. I was really surprised when I started using Points2shop and still looking forward to make money from the site. I had no problems with Points2shop up until my request for cash withdrawal was denied for no specified reason, but this doesn't change how I feel about the site overall.

mj118
12/2/15

. After completing surveys and getting finalized on surveys, P2S stops my request for payment of the surveys. What a joke, not professional at all. Will tell all friends about this website on FB.

lisad122
11/15/15

On top of being accused of FRAUD. I spent countless days doing surveys to get my Children Games ordered it and they stopped the order now my kids dont get the Games. If anybody wants points I will give them away seriously I am done with that Site.

kazs1
10/26/15

Points2shop has a sister survey website 'your-surveys' - read your-surveys terms and conditions at the bottom of their page and you will see. I was a member for 2 days now i am banned for using a proxy, that's what they told me when i wrote a ticket. I don't use a proxy, lol i have used multiple survey sites and i have never been banned until now. Stay away from points2shop and your-surveys! They are both complete scams

rosed40
10/21/15

I was a member of this site for five years, and never had a problem with them.. I have always tried to follow guidelines to the tee. I Moved and bought a new house, reported the change of address and reason why their was a change of address. Did a few offers-mostly penny videos, and a couple of external offers.. Went to use the $23 I earned to order a birthday gift for my niece and the next this I knew, Yes! Account Banned.. At first they wanted proof of Identity, and of course I thought it was because of the move since they don't allow multiple accounts, and a lot of Internet companies do recycle Ip address.. So, I sent in the proof they asked for.. The next thing I knew they were asking for information as to how I complete offers (seriously, nothing had changed in five years).. Did not complete multiple offers at the same time, I did not receive credit for offers for doing offers and then complete them as they had accused me of, (Which if you don't complete the offer, it won't credit anyways.)...Yes, did not complete all offers that I opened but that is mostly because the offer links were outdated and were either no longer offered, filled, or just replaced with other offers.,. There rules are simple if you complete an offer with fake information, or are not interested in the offer and complete it then yes you can get banned, or get points revoked. So like everyone else on the site I simply just did not complete, and clicked off, however, none of them credited and that is within rules allotment.. A click does not mean you have to complete, you just have to complete with correct information and be interested in the offer.. When that came back fine they decided to try to accuse me of Clicking off videos just after credit. After five years, I am shocked and disappointed in this company. It is not easy to earn money on this site, and it can take serious time..

One other complaint is I had already turned off the chat box as it was a joke. The shout box is suppose to be for help, however, a lot of times their is no help.. I have seen people banned recently for asking for help and because they asked the question multiple time then they of course got banned for spamming... Asking anything or repeating anything more than once in the chat box can be considered spam and is a bannable offense. The problem is if they are not helping people and someone who is new does not know how to work the site then how else are they suppose to learn.. They get banned for asking for help and don't know that asking twice is bannable, and then they get banned.. This is just wrong.. The Admin have nothing more than Power Trips..

I started using this web site less and less because of the issues I was seeing, and I do believe this is why they got their panties in the ruffles.. If I had changed nothing in the way I used the site in five years and all of a sudden the problem is me, then more than than likely their is a problem with the web site or Admin.. And if you do have a problem do expect to wait 2 or more days for help because that is how long it takes to get an answer back or get things resolved..

This use to be a great web site and now it is a joke.

Tip for consumers: They may work for you for a while, but you will eventually get banned. Take advantage of it while you can and don't save a huge balance because you may loose it.. Lots of new reviews say the thing as I have so take it to heart.. Company has lost its edge and will steal the pennies you earn at some point.

Added a copy cut and paste of two of their compaints.. Nope!!!! Not lying.. Changed their story to keep the money

Helpful answer

In my experience their actual response times are much longer than they say. It took them three months to give me an answer that even they said was wrong, but still refused to fix the problem. If you are patient and respectful you may get the problem resolved, but maybe not. They are neither competent nor honest, and they have a BBB rating of F, the lowest possible.

By George J. on 2/6/16
Helpful answer

I actually had a problem with this site they asked for my photo Id and stuff like that. Do not give them anything they are Crooks.I used the site for months getting points and than i go to login and it says Your account is inactive. Unfortunately all these good reviews are paid by points2shop to sound good.

By A T. on 11/24/12
Helpful answer

Hello, You can redeem your points from the following page, https://www.points2shop.com/amazon All products are ordered from Amazon and Amazon merchants so the products will be shipped by them. Alternatively you can order a cheap reward with your 250 Points which is shipped from P2S Office if you are a US member. https://www.points2shop.com/amazon/category?category=p2s_cheap_rewards Kind Regards,

By Andrew M. on 11/16/16
Questions? Get answers from the Points2Shop staff and other customers.

Points2Shop?