Review of PetAmberAlert

Tel: 877-875-7387
help@petamberalert.com

annih1
11/15/16

The pricing is a little high, but if you are able to afford it it might be worth it.

allysonm1
12/12/15

I paid for neighbors to be called and I asked mine if they were ever called and they were not......total waste if money!!!!

erinc84
9/4/17

If I could give them less than 1 star, I would. I paid for a full pet amber alert on Friday, August 25th with assurance from the website that my alert would be sent out within 12 to 24 hours. I sent it out on a Friday at around 2pm, thinking that was plenty of time, and with no warning from them that weekends might delay the service. On Saturday, when I had not received confirmation of my alert after almost 24 hours, I tried chatting to ask when my alert would be going out as we were getting very worried about our kitty and knew that time is of the essence and why I paid $80+ for this service. We wanted the texts and faxes out and wanted to print the fliers we paid for and spread them around our neighborhood. When I called, someone told me they couldn't do anything except take my info and have someone call me back asap. I left my info and waited 2 hours. When no one contacted me still, I called again and got the same answer. By Monday, I was ready for a refund. My alert still hadn't gone out. I called all morning, I believe 14 times, with no answer at all. By the afternoon I received an email confirming our alert had gone out. Too little, too late. I have been calling, emailing and "chatting" almost every day since Monday August 28th, and the few times anyone answers their answering service (for which you have to wait through several minutes of ringing), all they can do is take your info and tell you someone will call you back. No one has EVER called me back. I have tried their "chat" on their website, seemingly unmanned. No one responds, and when I emailed, I got an automatic response to only ONE of my messages, and when I responded, no one answered again. From my perspective, if you get lucky, this service might help you, but if you have any questions or problems at all, these people come across as complete charlatans preying on people worried sick about their missing pets. I have received dozens of spam emails telling me not to waste time and to get the word out about my missing pet as soon as possible, which was like salt in the wound when I spent money I couldn't afford to spend in the hopes that it would be the best possible way for me to get the word out about my cat, in the meantime I was unable to post the fliers I paid for and the alerts were not going out and I didn't have any more money to spend on alternate services while I waited to hear from someone from Pet Amber Alert. I would be very cautious about using this service. See what else is out there and try calling someone and speaking with them BEFORE you give them any money. The free service I found on Facebook was more helpful and useful than this ended up being, it's called Pawboost. They have the option of paying for additional services, but as I said, I couldn't afford anymore, so I just used the free option and got almost 100 shares and lots of comments and support from people in my area.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. Find another service. Call first, pay second!

perim1
5/8/17

Filled out the alert on my phone and they take my money but don't move me to the next step on their page. called for help and they said they would have someone call me monday (its Saturday). Asked if they could still put out the alert for my dog and they said no, again give them 24 to 48 hours. Such a terrible site they need to be removed. Spent more time trying to fix this site then looking for my dog. left messages and noone called me back. did get a refund but never got a call back from them after emails and messages. DONT BOTHER! They dont care about your animal they care about the money!

michelleb263
5/8/17

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Dont waste your money, more importantly dont waste valuable and precious time. Every second, minute, hour counts in finding your lost pet!!! USE ANOTHER SERVICE! My story: Filled out the application to have my dog Red's info and picture posted on the Pet Amber Alert website on May 2, 2017 before noon. 24 hours later it was still not posted. The other sites, Lostmydoggie.com, Fido Finder, Paw Boost, PetFBI and Lost found Pets USA posted the flyer immediately. I contacted the company through MARTHA (live chat) on May 3rd to see why he hadnt posted, they said they would push him up on the list and get him posted. They finally did. Then around 11 AM May 3rd (the same day)I decided to do the Amber Alert. I am desperate to find my dog. I chose the 10 mile radius package for 49.95, paid 39.95 (10% discount) , which was supposed to send alerts to residents phones, Cellular and landlines within a 10 mile radius, regardless of their privacy setting. Registration time 12/24 hours! An Amber alert did not go out May 4th,, after registration. So, I called the number on the site that evening and finally after a couple attempts and about 30 rings, got a live person. A man, who told me the person I need to talk to is not there and he would have them call me. So, by noon May 5th, I had still not received a call. I called them. Got the same man and the same answer. Not available. The rest of the day May 5th, still no Amber alert. It hadnt gone out all weekend! I know this because I started asking neighbors and friends in the area if they had received an amber alert for our dog, which they had not, nor had I or my family. Suspicious about the service now, I contacted a couple of the vets they were supposed to have sent the flyers to, and they had not received it, but they showed a long list of contacts they say they had sent the flyers to. How legitimate is this service? I am sorry I wasted such important time with this service. This was not what it was made out to be. My bank is now working on reversing the charges. What a crooked business. Not sure how he got praise from the media.

Desperately Seeking Red!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!

dianes173
5/13/17

First, it is very difficult to get anybody on the phone. Tried several times at all different days of the week and never was able to get through. I was trying to get proof of the alerts they were supposed to send out via the package we purchased for our lost dog. My account did not show any evidence that any alerts online or via Social Media had taken place. I finally had an online chat with their customer service person. She was able to show me the faxes that were sent but I asked her twice about showing me the online alerts and social media alerts and instead of answering she just stopped responding to me in the chat. I inquired a few times to see if she was still there and got no response. For a "service" oriented business in which dealing with people is the key, their customer service is horrible. I regret ever purchasing their service.

charlesp89
9/4/17

DO NOT PAY THESE FRAUDS!
after using another facebook site that did what they said for the price I got a message from this site...so I logged in to check it out and saw the voicemail blast and the flyers .so I thought like anyone else would great more ways to find my pet!!

wrong this company took my money on a weds and NEVER sent me any copies proofs of either, the ONLY thing they do is send generic copy and paste guides from google to your email...
I called the company several times and nobody answered and my vmails went unreturned.
Friday I went to the animal shelter and they hadn't even heard of this company let alone any notices from them to watch for my pet.
today Monday I get a reply back to a email I sent saying I was filing fraud charges to the bbb and my bank to reverse payment...I got a reply back an hour later....
They claimed they canceled and refunded me 2 days ago....I went and looked and nothing refunded in my bank...
either way they canceled me but didn't even have the decency to call or email me this happened 2 days ago??
so a total of 5 days have passed after paying this site for my lost cat to send me the flyers so I could go to staples and make color copies....That's 5 more days she is gone:(

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

distraughtp
11/20/16

They make you pay for anything useful, talk about a company that is trying to take monetary advantage of distraught pet owners. Can't even make flyers for free!

Helpful answer

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the PetAmberAlert staff and other customers.

PetAmberAlert?