Review of PetAmberAlert

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

annih1
11/15/16

The pricing is a little high, but if you are able to afford it it might be worth it.

allysonm1
12/12/15

I paid for neighbors to be called and I asked mine if they were ever called and they were not......total waste if money!!!!

perim1
5/8/17

Filled out the alert on my phone and they take my money but don't move me to the next step on their page. called for help and they said they would have someone call me monday (its Saturday). Asked if they could still put out the alert for my dog and they said no, again give them 24 to 48 hours. Such a terrible site they need to be removed. Spent more time trying to fix this site then looking for my dog. left messages and noone called me back. did get a refund but never got a call back from them after emails and messages. DONT BOTHER! They dont care about your animal they care about the money!

michelleb263
5/8/17

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Dont waste your money, more importantly dont waste valuable and precious time. Every second, minute, hour counts in finding your lost pet!!! USE ANOTHER SERVICE! My story: Filled out the application to have my dog Red's info and picture posted on the Pet Amber Alert website on May 2, 2017 before noon. 24 hours later it was still not posted. The other sites, Lostmydoggie.com, Fido Finder, Paw Boost, PetFBI and Lost found Pets USA posted the flyer immediately. I contacted the company through MARTHA (live chat) on May 3rd to see why he hadnt posted, they said they would push him up on the list and get him posted. They finally did. Then around 11 AM May 3rd (the same day)I decided to do the Amber Alert. I am desperate to find my dog. I chose the 10 mile radius package for 49.95, paid 39.95 (10% discount) , which was supposed to send alerts to residents phones, Cellular and landlines within a 10 mile radius, regardless of their privacy setting. Registration time 12/24 hours! An Amber alert did not go out May 4th,, after registration. So, I called the number on the site that evening and finally after a couple attempts and about 30 rings, got a live person. A man, who told me the person I need to talk to is not there and he would have them call me. So, by noon May 5th, I had still not received a call. I called them. Got the same man and the same answer. Not available. The rest of the day May 5th, still no Amber alert. It hadnt gone out all weekend! I know this because I started asking neighbors and friends in the area if they had received an amber alert for our dog, which they had not, nor had I or my family. Suspicious about the service now, I contacted a couple of the vets they were supposed to have sent the flyers to, and they had not received it, but they showed a long list of contacts they say they had sent the flyers to. How legitimate is this service? I am sorry I wasted such important time with this service. This was not what it was made out to be. My bank is now working on reversing the charges. What a crooked business. Not sure how he got praise from the media.

Desperately Seeking Red!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!

dianes173
5/13/17

First, it is very difficult to get anybody on the phone. Tried several times at all different days of the week and never was able to get through. I was trying to get proof of the alerts they were supposed to send out via the package we purchased for our lost dog. My account did not show any evidence that any alerts online or via Social Media had taken place. I finally had an online chat with their customer service person. She was able to show me the faxes that were sent but I asked her twice about showing me the online alerts and social media alerts and instead of answering she just stopped responding to me in the chat. I inquired a few times to see if she was still there and got no response. For a "service" oriented business in which dealing with people is the key, their customer service is horrible. I regret ever purchasing their service.

distraughtp
11/20/16

They make you pay for anything useful, talk about a company that is trying to take monetary advantage of distraught pet owners. Can't even make flyers for free!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PetAmberAlert staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Mack L.
on 4/17/15
Answer
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the PetAmberAlert staff and other customers.

PetAmberAlert?