OxfordCollege.ac reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jacobm88
3/6/17

It was a good experience on the counselling course. I would like to do more courses with Oxford College. I am now looking at the level 5. Big thumbs up from me.

albertos39
2/3/17

Completed my exam and got a pass with distinction. It is great to be able to study at your own pace and whenever you want.

charliew42
1/11/17

I did the course on schedule and I have nothing bad to say about the way the course was done really.

jackg69
1/9/17

My course(cognitive therapy) was focused on thoughts and feelings.You will review theorists such as Aaron Beck and Carl Gustav Jung and their work on therapy sessions and background of them and their lives. You will review the psychoanalytical psychology by Sigmund Freud including behaviorism and humanistic psychology. The course was a great addition to my current knowledge about these people and proved to be very fun as well.

olivers45
12/14/16

I had assumed the course will be a work over which I can complete in less than 2 months. To my surprise the quality and depth of the material was much more challenging than I had expected. I have learned professional details that have significantly improved my competence and confidence in psychometric practice. I had set out to pass the exam with a Distinction, but I passed with Merit. Painful but interesting.

emilyj60
12/8/16

I am extremely excited to complete my diploma in Psychometrics from oxford college. I must commend that the quality of material is highly impressive. I had spent the last 20 years of my life in human resources consulting involving very detailed work using psychometric tests. I have read materials related to Jung typology and studied in detailed the work of David Kiersey and many other authors.

jasonp102
11/24/16

Having signed up for the childcare course with Oxford College I was a bit skeptical as this was my first online course. The course was explained to me in detail from start to finish and I had tutor support throughout. I found the online course materials easier as I could access my course at anytime, anywhere.

emmab107
11/19/16

This course truly helped me understand why we need change and how change is applied in the work force. Having worked in change management for a number of years now this course helped me align myself with the company and the people side of change. The course is extremely well explained and full of examples of where you can find good examples and research. the tutors are a great help and do not coddle you when you need improvement!!

-Oxford College has helped and will continue to help me increase my knowledge and help me not only in my job but also in my everyday life.

soniam36
11/18/16

I currently work within health and safety for a local authority. I thought by taking the infection control course it would expand my knowledge of health and safety in general and it was an add on course to add to my portfolio of qualifications.

alexandraw11
11/13/16

I have not studied for many years so was not sure what to expect.

samk94
10/29/16

It was a really good course and i enjoyed it, one thing i found a bit confusing is extra topics. Overall I would still recommend it.

muzzafarz
10/26/16

There were a lot of competitors for online learning but oxford won me over with their lower pricing. The course work provided was of good quality for me and I didn't have a problem finishing my exams on time and with a good score. Overall I think they deserve the 5 credits because every time I had a problem, I had a reply within a couple of minutes to a couple of hours depending on the time I submitted the question.

ivyl31
10/20/16

I have just finished doing my level 3 diploma in Personal training and Sports coaching, it was a great course, I learned a lot. With having family issues it was hard to study but studying with oxford college really helped me a lot, I passed with 43 out of 50 which is a pass with Distinction. Overall 10/10 for Oxford College now thanks to them i can continue on to higher education :) If you love sport then do this diploma.

savhinb
10/13/16

The course gives you a broad knowledge of law. If you work through the modules and work the self assessment preparation, you will end up with a very good grade in most legal fields. The support and comments of the tutors when you submit your SAPs is invaluable, it helps you to achieve a higher level without even realising it. I feel really confident now to apply for a job, or to further my studies. I think this course has opened a lot of new possibilities.

juliang39
10/13/16

I am excited to complete my diploma in Psychometrics. The quality of material is highly impressive. I had spent the last 20 years of my life in human resources consulting involving very detailed work using psychometric tests. I have read materials related to Jung typology and studied in detailed the work of David Kiersey and many other authors.

I had assumed the course will be a work over which I can complete in less than 2 months. To my surprise the quality and depth of the material was much more challenging than I had expected. I have learnt professional details that have significantly improved my competence and confidence in psychometric practice. I had set out to pass the exam with a Distinction, but I passed with Merit. Painful but interesting.

I will be to registering for the diploma in psychology from oxford college as soon as possible.

firec1
10/6/16

ok- This is a very dopey company. It seems as tho they are asleep.

They do not update the website so the courses that are outdated or have been withdrawn are still being advertised as being available to study.

I enrolled on one of their 'withdrawn' courses which they were not aware of because after paying the fee/enrollment process, I did not receive the course login details for over a week which I thought was odd considering the course took place online so I queried them about it and the customer rep said, 'still waiting for exam board confirmation'. So i waited another week and still nothing so I sent them another email and this time response was 'we are currently looking into this and will get back asap'. And still nothing so I requested for a refund because I got fed up of the slow responses and rightly so. And then it wasn't until almost a month into my enrollment they sent me an email informing me that the course had been withdrawn and recommended me an alternative course which I'm not obliged to switch to.

This course was not available to study, it had been withdrawn and yet it was still advertised on their website which led me to enrol with them in the first place. Had this course been available to study, I would have been a month into the course instead I spent a month chasing this refund which they do not plan to refund in full (minus 20quid 'cancellation fee') but i will lodge a complaint.

What does this tell us? As course providers, it is their responsibility to keep up to date with the courses' specification such as course availability in my case, and update their website which they do not do.Hence they have wasted a over a month of my time.

Avoid at ALL costs.

aimeem8
4/22/16

Don't ever use this company guys !! I paid over £1000 they cut my course off a month before my exams!! (They took all my money before they did this and didn't offer any refund at all) And I sent my course to be authenticated and they didn't do it so my coursework couldn't be marked! Save your money. Go elsewhere

alis578
2/24/16

Had to pay £25 for 'PDF' material that took weeks to arrive, and in the end wasn't actually a PDF it was a link to an eBook file you could only access from one device.

So they offer PDFs that aren't actually PDFs

simona64
1/12/16

A fantastic course which I have enjoyed thoroughly. Well done to the team and thanks for all your hard efforts.

lilyk12
1/11/16

Great experience, I recommend, as would probably all my classmates that I was on the course with. The tutor was very smart, and seemed to explain things in a much easier way than most tutors I have had in the past.

ameliao
1/4/16

I am extremely excited to complete my diploma in psychometrics from oxford college. I must comment that the quality of material is highly impressive. I have spent the last 20 years of my life in human resources consulting involving very details work using psychometric tests. I have read materials related to Jung typology and studied in detail, the work of many authors.

I had assumed the course will be a work over which i can complete in less than 2 months. To my suprise the quality and depth of the material was much more challenging, than i had expected. I have learnt professional details that have significantly improved my competence and confidence in psychometric practice. I had set out to pass the exam with a distinction, but i passed the merit. Painful but interesting.

kiahc1
12/15/15

Overall I have been pleased with my course (Child Coaching) I have enjoyed doing it and been impressed (and sometimes slightly suprised) by the very fast responsiveness of the tutors feedback.

There are a couple of inconsistencies that i would like to comment on. The course was described on the home page as consisting of 9 or 10 units when in reality is it a bit less. I have made student services aware of this who apologised and promised to rectify the home page.

Th demo examination which i understand is designed to help students become familiar with the format of the questioning isn't very good as it wasn't a very good preparation tool.

Overall though, the course has been very good and despite those minor problems, I thoroughly believe the course was well worth the time, money and effort put in to achieve my results.

corbinh
12/10/15

The course is something that i really wanted to study,

The layout of the course was fantastic and very easy to read and understand after looking at it a few times. The course took me 6 months of the 1 year i was given to complete, this was due to the time i put into the study of sports and psychology. On the first attempt i omitted to pass the exam and this felt like a knock to my confidence but i revised hard for three weeks and todays result of passing feels fantastic.

I would recommend oxford college for the staffs kindness, patience and for the absolute support that they give.

Pass or fail, i would recommend this college and i look forward to further study with them.

johnp310
12/9/15

Had a few students who were very hard workers who I enjoyed working with, then there was some who weren't that good. But as we had a good tutor, he was good at engaging them and they still passed the course. I passed without too much effort and can say the tutor we had was great. The course material was good and in my opinion the course in general was good value.

avab6
12/2/15

I thoroughly enjoyed the Marine Biology course, the online material was well structured and easy to use. The tutor comments were helpful and kept motivation up. The assessment was harder than I expected, but a good test of knowledge and understanding of the subject. Overall this has been a great reintroduction to studying and I will continue to do more. Thank you Oxford College.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OxfordCollege.ac staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question