US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

benjaminb65
1/11/17

I received only 25% of the sending I paid for and the product was super dry, got charged twice and the company told me: You have provided a wrong address therefore I should be lucky that I even received some of the goods! I am very certain that the address I provided was correct and the dispute is still going on. Things like that can happen but the arrogant way the company replies and let the customer be the stupid one in that whole game is unacceptable. STAY AWAY from THEM!

jacobl56
12/27/16

So, it finally happened to me. I have been a regular customer with northener.com for some time now and havent had any problems before now. At the beginning of November I placed an order for some chewing tobacco through the northerner website and waited. And waited. And waited. Some three weeks passed and I still did not have my product. Also, there was no notification that it had been retained by customs. I contacted my local post office but they simply told me that there was no way to track the package. I lodged at complaint through the website (because if you send an email to helpdesk@northener.com, it gets returned by your email server). I got an reply where they basically wash their hands (sorry, regular mail has no tracking number so there is nothing we can do). Thats fine, except of course there IS NO WAY to select a delivery option with tracking when you order your product!!! Also, saying that there is nothing you can do is just not good enough when you run a website where such a large portion of the websites users have had similar problems.

This being the first time I had had a problem, I thought "screw it, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and placed an identical order at the end of november and surprise, surprise, YET AGAIN nothing shows up. Ive pretty much given up on contacting their "helpdesk" and will probably just get my bank to contest the charges as I have no intention of paying for product that I dont end up getting.

Any potential customer, think very hard before you use this website.

harryc61
12/20/16

I'm very impressed with the Northerner. I have placed two orders so far to Saskatchewan. The first was 4 tins and duty was $40 -- I paid roughly $25 on the site -- so a grand total of $65 for four tins. My second order was $30 on the site for a roll of Copenhagen Long Cut. Paid $48 in duty. Each took about four weeks to arrive.

The cost of a log in Saskatchewan would be $142.50 at a convenience store. I paid only $78 (tax, duty, shipping) total. Very impressed. Huge savings, better dip than what's available in Canada, and fresh sell by dates.

I've read some Canadians were getting gouged $110 per log in duty, but that hasn't been true so far in my case.

ryand50
10/20/16

I ordered 9 cans of dip off northerner on September 29, it started shipping the next day and I got it on October 20 which is today, very happy with my order everything is fresh and moist. As for customs I was shocked that the prices weren't as much as I expected them to be. I made two separate orders, one of my orders had 4 cans and one had 5. The customs was 41$ for the four cans and $49 for the 5 cans, customs came up to 90$ for 9 tins basically. I spent about 45$ for shipping and for my order in total from the website. So about 135$ for 9 cans. Well worth it considering here in Ontario you'll pay about 20$ a tin almost, if I bought it from a gas station or something I would've paid 180. I saved 55$ ordering from northerner so I would highly recommend it!

henrye16
10/18/16

I've just read through the reviews and I totally disagree. I asked about the problem with the age verification in the UK it was sorted within about 2-3 days. Angelica was an excellent help and I would not under any circumstances. I appreciate its irritating but after simply sending a photo of my ID it was all good! I would happily rate this website and its customer service a 10/10.

hadleyp
10/12/16

I placed one order on July 28, didn't show up for over a month. Then I placed another order on September 8, also hasn't shown up. Finally received a refund (IN STORE CREDIT) for the first order, so I replaced my order. STILL HASN'T SHOWN UP. For a website that sells an addictive product, they really don't seem to care at all if the customer gets what they paid for.

mk122
9/16/16

If you are an ex-pat in the UK you won't be able to order from the website because you have to be registered to vote in the UK.

jerryh75
9/15/16

I orderer 2 logs and they showed up fast but had to pay $110 per log duty so i left it instead , if it were not for the duty , I'd recommend northern to anyone

jamesc360
9/14/16

I ordered $100+ dollars from Northerener over 8+ months ago. For every direct complaint and/or email I was given the run around or totally ignored altogether. I was hoping this company would right their wrong by finally get me what I ordered and when that did not happen I asked for a refund which also did not happen.
I am not going to use this company ever again and I suggest you do all do the same!
And for the furture person from Northerner reads this to say they are going to "take a look into it", please don't bother, 8+ months is long enough!

daniellec67
9/12/16

I ordered one roll of Copenhagen Wintergreen on August 21st 2016 today my order arrived September 12th 2016. When I went to pick up my order from the post office the duty fees were $110 which is outrageous! In Canada 1 tin of chew is $32 plus tax. I thought I was getting a wicked deal only paying $30 for one roll but the duty being a hundred and $110 is ridiculous. That's total of $140 and to wait that long for it to arrive I was better off just buying a roll here in Canada what a waste of time. I better get my refund on my credit card as no one has responded back to me. I have emailed them and also Facebook message them and still nothing.

luked22
9/6/16

From what i read after ordering I was disheartened but I am glad to say I got my order in like 14 days!

seanw48
8/12/16

In my Country, the wait time for even expedited orders was scheduled to be 25 days. The Northerner had my order of 65 cans delivered in less than 5 days! I selected 2nd day air for the shipping, the extra money for shipping was worth receiving my order 3 weeks in advance. As this may not be the case for every location, I would like to say once the few bugs with my age verification were promptly taken care of and my order was delivered ahead of schedule, The Northerner will continue to have my business for future orders, despite any negative reviews read.

erikm37
7/25/16

Ordered 5 tins may 31 and it's now June 25 and haven't got anything they say that it is lost in mail but my local post office states that they do indeed have a tracking number and the post office seems to think that they just did not ship my order. Not impressed

fredh64
7/14/16

Lost my money and my order. I ordered a legal amount of snus for Australia (3 tins) and was charged 10 times the cost in duty fees. I've got friends who ordered in the US and their orders didn't even arrive at all.

jeremys71
7/6/16

Ordered $125 AUD worth of skoal, red seal, nasal snuff, chewing tobacco in May 2016.

They said it was dispatched in 6 parcels and would take 14 days.

I haven't received any notice from customs, as they are always happy to tax me when an order has been stopped, this has been over a month.

All Northerner does is sais they cant track it and it must have been lost in the mail or customs have it.

They are a complete joke and a waste of money, rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeh111
5/9/16

Complete rip off!

brianw108
5/3/16

I live in Boston and the mayor just banned flavored chewing tobacco. I have ordered from their website twice now and it arrived quick and fresh. Only drawback is having to be home to sign for it. They will not leave the package unless someone over 18 is there to sign. Which I completely understand.

justing55
5/1/16

I have a total of three emails and no responses my order now is almost a week late when I first emailed them asking for a tracking number they told me there is no tracking number on regular mail now I have sent three emails and not a single response I've heard from many sites and forums not to order from them and bow I see why and you would think in the amount of time they have been open they would figure it out I thought it was fishy why they don't have a number to call well I've requested a refund well see what happens

garys118
3/15/16

Living in England, there are no shops that sell what i want, yes it takes a while but ive only ever had one order that didnt show up and they resent it, If there was an option at a reasonably quicker delivery here im sure id go for it!

mb143
3/9/16

Northender logistics are moving as a snail or as a darker comparison "as dead man eyes".
When you make an order it takes minimum 3 and 5 days of processing. What a big proccesing...?!!!? If products are in stock you are lucky and they delivers in 1-2 weeks in UE. If the products are not in stock, they cancel order. So again 1 week for processing...and so long.
And the website has big problems...
As a loyal customer for about three years, only now I noticed that Northerner are a big cabbage.
Now I try other competitor with lower prices, without extra charges, free shipping and great discounts and I see this big deep difference (money and time).

felixm34
3/5/16

tried ordering chewing tobacco some time in 2013/14 to germany. payed the bill, nothing ever arrived. customer support claimed it was a customs issue. i contacted my local customs. they didn't have anything (and if they did, they'd have to contact you).
when i confronted customer support about this, they simply broke off contact.
2016 after hearing that some "issues" were worked out at the company i gave it another try and ordered a medium amount of american chewing tobacco. however, again, i payed my bill and nothing arrived. and again northener claimed it was probably a customs issue. i checked with customs who, again, knew of nothing.

summing up: 0 out of 3 orders arrived and i payed 80 euros in total. so i concluded that this company is obviously fraudulent.

evanw22
2/16/16

I had ordered the grizzly mint
The order I placed took forever and the product came in very dry and almost flavourless. I'm very dissatisfied with the quality it came in.

ichiband
1/26/16

Gold member here with northerner.com, I've bought a ton of chew, snus pipe tobacco and dip.

northerner.com have always had an issue with delayed orders, slow shipping and awful reply time from customer service, we know this.
We also know that at some point, 3 weeks, a month, the order should arrive.

You end up getting to the point when again you have trouble, this time half an order arrives, and you wait another month, nothing arrives so you contact customer services who take 5 days to reply with a generic email.

This means again, your order is either lost or been sent back to them, oh, and they don't re send!!!.

Its all become far too much hassle to order again, the long drawn out wait, the zero tracking on orders, no care attitude from customer services I have come to the conclusion its time to move onto another vendor.

It feels great to finally say that!

barryl31
1/21/16

I placed an order on Dec 30 and today is Jan 21st still nothing delivered. I sent an email to customer service, I received a response back about a week later telling me it was basically out of their hands that it had shipped already. I have ordered 3 other times previously and the shipments normally showed within a couple of weeks but now who knows. Looks like I will be moving to another company for future orders.

arctics
1/16/16

No problem whatsoever. Very contactable. Snus was great ~ (nuuska oli ihan o-k) ~ bought the Christmas Frosted Thunder and loved it, spread the love with my brother, and recommend this service.

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Northerner staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question