US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

reneeh24
6/27/16

I had a very disappointing experience with New York dresses and I am NEVER ordering from them again. I loved the Tarik Ediz dress and they finally put it on sale; However, only the black size 8 was on sale and they don't return or exchange this dress. So I ordered it for my niece's party and paid $43 for the fast shipping. The dress arrived, and when I tried to open the zipper to try it on for the first time, it was getting stuck in two places: by the lace and at the bottom of the zipper. I tried the dress and it was beautiful, but the zipper continued to get stuck in same spots. I didn't make a big deal of it then, but looking back it seems that I should of.
Long story short, the day of the event I was staying in the same hotel that the party was held at. I changed into my dress and stood in line to enter the ballroom. As I was waiting in line, the zipper popped open! That was the most humiliating moment in my life! I wasn't sure how to cover up so that I can run to the car. After the party, I contacted New York dresses and explain to them what had happened. They asked for pictures of the dress and I sent them. Then they asked me to send the dress (in which I had to pay for the shipping) and said they will check the condition of the dress; if the situation was like I said, they will refund me the full amount. If not they will take a 20% handling fee and refund me the rest. I was thankful for that. I sent the dress back. I didn't hear back from them so I sent them an email asking if they received the dress. I receive an email that they sent the dress back to me because they think the dress was worn when the zipper broke.
And that was exactly what I said to them on my email, that I was wearing the dress for less then 15 minutes when the zipper broke.
Sorry for the long story but I had to tell my very disappointing experience with New York dresses. I told everyone I know--those who buy from them and those who don't-- that I just payed for a damaged dress and got stuck with it.
Never ever again will I order from this place or recommended it to anyone anymore like I did before.

With a big company like this, I would not expect to be handed a damaged dress, and be forced to get stuck with it

memed1
6/22/16

This was by far THE WORST online experience I've EVER had ! The dresses take forever to arrive, which is NOT stated and very unclear when you order, when I got my first order the dresses were too small, I had to pay to ship them back, which I think is rediculous for a purchase this expensive, so I ordered a size bigger, items took forever to ship so I had to expedite and pay again! I finally got the dresses yesterday, one is HUGE and needs major work which will cost me $150, the other one fit perfect, but zipper broke right away, this is garbage quality! Also needs $50 to fix zipper, I will clearly NEVER recommend this to ANYONE! Terrible service, delayed shipping, garbage quality, for rediculously overpriced dresses! NEVER again!

elhama4
5/25/16

I had the worst experience with newyork dresses.I ordered 6 dresses from them in one order.I paid over 6000 (dresses for my cousins and sisters).I received the 6 dresses squeezed in one box all together!!one of the dresses had problem all the tiny sparkles fall off .Accordingly,I emailed them with pictures the same day I received the dresses.I ofcourse asked to returned that dress.few month later,I wanted to place an order .Imagine what they did what was their reply .They dont accept orders from me due to what I did in my last order.what I did!!!!! Asked for atleast a decebt pacaking is that a crime is that the way newyork dresses treats their customers!!anyway i placed my order with another company which i was bery very pleased with their packing and everything.ai sent them photos so they see the difference for themselves .

allisono1
5/5/16

I recently bought my prom dress with this website and I received the dress 4 days after I ordered it. The dress fit perfectly and was exactly like how it looked in the picture. I recommend using their sizing chart to make sure you get the right fit. The dresses are a little expensive but they have unique and original designs. I do however advise those ordering from outside the U.S to read the return policy BEFORE ordering because I didn't realize that I would have to pay for shipping if I wanted to return the dress and that I would only get store credit, until after I ordered the dress. So read all the policies before ordering. Overall, I am very happy with my experience with this website and would recommend to others who are looking for prom dresses!

virginiar16
4/21/16

I bought a dress in this company in February 2016. I explained that it was for a wedding, ask about quality and everything, they looked to have understood what were my needs, and the quality expected from that dress. I received the dress and since then it was a nightmare: awful fake which looked like a horrible cheap dress, without the "swarowsky stones" which felt down anywhere, awful finitions with a lot of defaults....I complain and receive the refund but IN THESE CIRCUNSTANCIES: AS I PAID THE CUSTOM FEES I LOST 120 EUROS, AS I HAVE TO SENT IT BACK I PAID 65 EUROS AND AS THEY REFUND THE MONEY IT WAS A CHANGE RATE THAT MAKE ME LOST 100 EUROS MORE. I LOST ALL IN ALL NEARLY 300 EUROS FOR A DRESS 400 EUROS. I PUT A COMPLAIN IN THE SPANISH OFFICIAL CONSUMER OFFICE AND I WILL DO THE SAME IN THE PAGE WWW.BBB.ORG AND OF COURSE IN EACH FORUM ABOUT SCAM EXPERIENCES.
DO NOT BUY AND LOSE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY I HAVE ALL THE PICTURES AS A PROOF AND I WILL PUBLISH THEM WHERE NECESSARY TO ALERT OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.

Tip for consumers: BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA...I WANT A SOLUTION NOT A STANDARD REPLY ABOUT YOU COMPANY AND THAT YOU ARE AN AUTHORISER RETAILER.....AND WHAT IF YOU ARE??? YOU MAY BE AN AUTHORISER RETAILER BUT THE QUALITY AND THE FINITION YOU ARE OFFERING TO THE CLIENTS IS FAR TO BE THE ONE SHOWN IN YOUR PICTURES AND WHAT YOU PROMISED TO THE CLIENTS...
BE HONEST PLEASE AND DON'T MAKE PEOPLE LOSE MONEY TRUSTING YOUR SLACKER, NEGLECKFUL AND OUTRAGEOUS ON LINE COMPANY

ashantih
4/20/16

I got my dress delivered in 3 days! Way faster than I expected Dress was exactly how the picture was online. Great dress material. Could't have been more satisfied !

denisej23
4/16/16

Oh boy followed measurements ordered size as indicated and dress arrived not correct fit. I will try to get a store credit

lindseyc32
4/14/16

HORRIBLE!!!! I ordered a $500 dress and it came with a broken zipper and the top of the dress was a size 4 but the bottom was like a size 8. Measurements were ALL off, it made absolutely no since how it could be that messed up. All they can do is give me a 10% alteration credit (they already don't do refunds). Total BS and they were rude about the whole situation, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!

magdal64
4/10/16

I was so disappointed with this site. The dress arrived completely wrong size. The measurements were 4-6 inches off. I sent the dress back as I couldn't even zip it up. Their customer service claims that it is to size so it is my word against theirs. I got a store credit. I tried buying other items, same result every single time. I spend over $600 and have only $200 of it left in store credit and I never ever wish to purchase anything from them ever again. The only reason why I give them 2 stars is because the quality of their product is a step up from Chinese sites... if you are lucky enough to get the product that fits.

pages
11/20/15

I would never recommend this site! First it took over 3 weeks to get the dress, I was out of town when it arrived and could not try it on until I got back(DUH!) When it did not fit, I tried to return it and they told me it had been more than 3 days since it arrived, so I could not return???? I told them my little story and they said they get back to me in 1-2 days to let me know if I can return? Make sure you read the return policy before you order, my dress ad said returnable, BUT, you can only get a store credit IF they decide to take it back!! Customer Service STINKS!!

megans33
11/13/15

After spending months looking for the perfect dress for my year 11 prom, I found this site and instantly found the dress I wanted. I was weary about ordering from this company as there are many scam dress sites online. I ordered and recieved a phone call from the company based in New York to recheck my order to make sure it was okay. Dress delivered and was exactly as it was in the picture, although slightly too big so make sure to check the size guide carefully. Excellent quality and would 100% order from here again.

teresab47
11/11/15

I just have to say I have been so happy with the dresses that I have got from this site for my daughter. Excellent Customer Service from the minute you order down to the details of the delivery. The dresses fit perfect and so well made. I really need to send some pictures to their site.

Unfortunately, I made a BIG MISTAKE by ordering a dress this year that my daughter saw on another site. It was a 2 pc red dress from Vicky Dresses. Oh my GOD! what a nightmare. The dress came crumpled in a bag, 4 sizes too big, the beading nothing like the picture, and it just ruined Homecoming......they will not work with me and will not give me a contact number for anyone that has any sense.

I WILL NEVER STRAY AWAY FROM NEW YORK DRESS COMPANY AGAIN !!
JUST SIMPLY LOVE THEM

Sincerely, Teresa Borja

draer
11/10/15

I purchased a $218 brand new sequin dress for my daughter. The dress arrived with sequins twisted and beads falling off the dress. I informed the company right away and sent them pictures as they requested. The company then offered me an exchange only. After getting a poor quality product mis-advertised as "new", I had no intention of playing the guessing game and re-ordering another poor quality dress from them so I asked for a refund. They emailed me back and said they'd give me $21.80 to have the dress repaired at a seamstress. My event was less than 2-days away! My seamstress wouldn't touch the dress because of the delicate beading and sequins. AND!...I paid for a BRAND NEW dress that shouldn't have been ripped or torn in the first place. Buyer beware!!! Regardless of the fact that they sent me a ripped dress, they refused to give me my money back. would NEVER purchase anything from this company again. How dare you sent me a dress with beads falling off that was advertised as a BRAND NEW $218 DRESS?!?!!!!!!!...And then refuse to make right by me and give me my money back?!?!?!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

lisab175
10/27/15

I was looking forward the perfect dress to wear at my second wedding. There were so many choices at New York Dress, so much easier than driving from shop to shop. The dress was perfect but i had nothing to lose because it was returnable. I got many many compliments. I couldn't be happier with my dress selection and my decision to buy from you. Thanks! I'll be back!

mariolam2
10/19/15

First dress I return I didn't like I can't have my money back I find second one came in one week but-I don't look good in this one for this money over $300 you must love how you look I am very upset for I can't have my money back I keep the dress and I go to lord&taylor and find the dress what I love for $200 I will Never buy any dress from this store

diannea7
9/8/15

I must say i have purchased a few dresses and i am not happy with the quality of the fabrics. The laces used are average quality and the fabric underlay is less than average. The costs of the dresses should ensure better quality fabrics - or even a detailed description of the fabric. I find myself changing the underlay to a better quality which then adds to the cost of the dress when i receive it.

haydeeb
8/29/15

MI COMPRA CON NEW YORK DRESSES FUE EXCELENTE EL VESTIDO ME ENCANTO Y TUBE MUCHAS OPCIONES DE COMPRA. EL SERVICIO FUE MUY BUENO Y EL ENVIO RAPIDO Y PRECISO.

VOLVERE A COMPRAR CON USTEDES

sepik
8/27/15

The dress arrived on time and the measurement was as descrbed.

laurenm42
8/27/15

I have ordered many times from NY Dress. They are my first choice for gowns. I rarely look anywhere else. The service is tops. The tracking, documentation and response time for communication is immediate. I do not worry about getting my dress on time, or haggling over issues. They continue to provide top notch service.

patriciag44
8/26/15

From start to finish, excellent in every aspect! From placing the order, to the arrival time, and condition of the dress, everything was perfect! The dress couldn't have been more beautiful!

imogenb1
8/15/15

I like their dresses stuff is good shipment was also efficient now its my favourite place to get shopped

libbyb2
8/15/15

Fantastic Quality I love the dress stuff I bought from NewYorkDess. Prices are low and quality is superb.

lindal115
8/12/15

I was initially concerned to order a dress off New York Dress Company as there is so many fraudulent companies, but I took a chance after reading positive reviews and so glad I did! The staff were extremely helpful to ease my worries. They ship in stock items very quickly. It initially said will ship in 5-7 days, but shipped in in a couple days and had my dress across the country in 7 days. It was packaged in a plastic dress bag on a hanger, ready to wear with no wrinkles. The dress was beautiful and just as shown on website. I unfortunately had to return for a size smaller and was concerned it would be a hassle, however, their online chat girls (shoutout to Deniece) were so helpful and immediately set me up with an exchange. Once they received my dress back, they again immediately shipped my dress out even though they said it would be a 2-3 day processing time before shipping. Their A+ customer service coupled with their exceptional speed of shipping, I would definitely purchase from New York Dress Company again! The dress is gorgeous and definitely a designer original!

Tip for consumers: Do your research. My experience is New York Dress Company was a very positive experience and with a dress that is not inexpensive I am so happy I took the chance.

samanehk
8/3/15

I have ordered a dress online from this website according to their size chart however, hen I received it, it didn't fit my size and style!!!! It also does not look like what you see on the website. I couldn't go to the event I planned this dress for. No sooner than I got the parcel (shipment from the US to UK), I called them/I had a chat with them and informed them that I would like to have refund.
First they said no, then they said yes but they are going to charge me for 20% of the original price, then they said you have to pay the shipment again + return customs fees.
So this is the deal:
The original dress price: 375$
48$ shipment customs fees + 75$ for return postage + 48$ VAT + 20% charge (72 $) = I have to pay 244$ just to try a dress and say that I don't want it!
Awful customer service, when I told them I can't pay the return customs fees inside the UK for US and this is the company's task to pay that in the US to release the return parcel, they said we don't take any responsibilities, you have to find a way to pay from there! nonsense according to post office here!!

tetianat
7/13/15

It was the first time of my online shopping for evening dress, I made a huge checking of all shops like this, spend couple of weeks and at the end I found this web site, they had the perfect dress for me for the perfect price with discount, but even with this I had a lot of doubts, finally I decided to take a risk, and I do not regret. I order it to France, and I get my dress in 6 days including week-end, I could get it even before but I had a problem with local DHL; The dress in fantastic, the size they that proposed is exactly mine, the fabric is good quality, it's does not look as chinese crap, so I'm sure that its original; Thank to you, NewYorkDress, I will be the most beautiful at such important event for me! Good luck in your hard work!

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NewYorkDress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/27/16
Answer
alonr
A: Hi Rosemary! NewYorkDress is solely an online store and our office location is 36th st. We are not open to the public, as it is an office space. However, we do have a sister Boutique located in Queens, NY. If you have any questions, we would be happy to help! Contact us at 212-594-3600 or via live chat! We would be happy to help!
7/29/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
6/18/16
Answer
alonr
A: Hi Haya! We are an authorized retailer for all of the designers we carry and one of the largest U.S.-based online retailers. All of the dresses we send are authentic pieces manufactured by the designers, meaning that the dress you receive will be the same one that you see in the picture on our site or have seen in an authorized boutique. You can read actual reviews we have received from our customers who are pleased with our service on our site here http://www.newyorkdress.com/Reviews.html, and you can see actual reviews posted on customer review sites at the following two links: http://www.trustpilot.com/review/newyorkdress.com as well as this website. International Shipping is generally between 5 to 7 business days, depending on stock availability. Feel free to contact via live chat or via phone at 212-594-3600, we are here to help you find the perfect dress for your event. Best regards, Lisa R.
6/20/16