Review of NastyGal

Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
hello@nastygal.com

jessicag175
9/21/17

Great place for small essays
I have never had a bad experience with them and Fast and reliable service

hannahj38
9/21/17

The only reason that this review doesn't get negative stars is because they only just gave me my money back from a return I made three months ago and I am SO friggin relieved. Everything people say about the quality of the clothes is just absolutely true. And it's such a shame because I love the Netflix show but it really is just total garbage as a company and brand wow. Their stuff is really trendy and cool but I just don't understand how anyone could pick up a piece of their clothing and say "yup, this is it. Great job." Nothing fit and it was just the most poorly made clothes I had ever seen. I am so so glad that I got my money back. I had to wait a month and then send them multiple emails with screenshots of my receipts from the delivery - thank god I saved those.

Please save yourself the hassle and don't shop here ever! If you're gonna online shop go to ASOS or somewhere else just anywhere else. Unless they magically get their $#*! together and improve everything about the way they operate.

megh252
9/20/17

I used to LOVE Nasty Gal. It was my go to site I would check every couple months.. I have great shoes and my all time favorite jacket purchased from Nasty Gal. No matter what I used to order the quality would be good. My last purchase I ordered about 15 items because of the sale and was shocked by the poor quality of every single item! So sad.. I keep forgetting and continue to check the site until I remember.. it's not the same.

jc359
9/19/17

I bought 5 items with expedited delivery and spent around $300 .. but it was such a waste of $$$. The fabric is so thin and everything is see though I can't wear any of the dress without a slip. Im returning everything. Don't shop here!

rachelleg5
9/19/17

Do not buy anything from these $#*!s. I bought two items that were not as pictured and when I tried to return them they went back on their return policy and said they owed me no money due to management changes.

If the lawyer fees wouldn't cost me more than the items purchased I would have sued the company. This is a breach of their contractual agreement made to all customers and they were wildly unhelpful when I attempted to speak with them about the issue.

I received the EXACT same email that said "There's nothing we can do, etc" six times before a different email was received that placed the blame elsewhere. This issue has yet to be resolved by the company and I will never be shopping here again.

katiek61
9/18/17

August 7th I purchased two shirts and paid extra for expedited shipping (4 days ETA). They didn't complete the shipping information so it was sent all the way to Dallas only then to bounce back and have to be sent all the way to the UK. In the mean time I needed these shirts for a wedding. They did not send me anything nor credit my account. Every time I email them they avoid the actual issue and send me a templet response in efforts to ease my frustration. They don't give me actual answers and are not doing anything to be of good customer service. GET IT TOGETHER NASTY GAL!!! Just because you have unique product doesn't mean you can act lousy.
In addition I purchased nude heels with pearls on the heel. When they were delivered one of the pearls were missing. They didn't even check the products condition before sending it to me... come on Girls. I of course returned for a full refund and what do you know... Still NOTHING!!!!

felicitya
9/17/17

First time ordering since the Boohoo takeover. Used to shop with Nasty Gal when it was reputable.

Ordered 4 items -
Dress 1 is M and L as I've just had a baby so not sure on my size. The dress was of poor design, made badly and at full price of $135, not worth it.
I'm a size 12 at the moment in regular sizing and L was a firm fit so didn't even try the M on.
Dress 2 was also a size L. It was the length of a TOP. It JUST reached the bottom on my bum. And completely thin see through material. Back it goes.
Dress 3 was also short but fit ok and I'm desperate for clothes so at the price of $30ish it was passable to keep as it will fit better after losing some baby weight. In saying that the material is still CHEAP.
All up I am disappointed in the quality of the items, not receiving free shipping for almost $300 order and then having to pay over $20 to post back to them!
I have kept my tracking information for the parcel, receipt of postage and paid extra for signature on delivery because I am so worried about being stuffed around after reading other reviews of them losing or saying they didn't receive return orders.
I won't be a returning customer. Good luck to this company, they'll need it.

hazelg12
9/9/17

their selection use to be more curated. Now I have to shuffle through a lot more inventory. bring back the old nastygal.

jacquelyns8
9/3/17

Stay away from this company for on-line shopping! I ordered boots and returned. Company insisted they never received the return. Over a period of months, I finally gave up and let them keep the returned boots AND my money! Will never go near this seller again and would caution anyone considering their products to look elsewhere!

margew2
8/31/17

UPDATE! I received a replacement store credit for the full amount after TWO months of back and forth. Original credit was "lost" when the company was sold and all records lost.
My advice:
- Tweet @nastygal @nastygalhelp on twitter (rather than email) and constantly try to keep everything public, not in private messages. I also hash tagged #nastygalscam which got a much faster response :)
- Don't take no for an answer...I kept repeating that them loosing all their records was THEIR problem, not mine, and that no other retailer requires customers to screen shot their credits in case the company looses them (???)
- They tried telling me the credits expired....I demanded they show me where this policy was listed on their website, especially the one I originally ordered from
- They tried to give me partial credit -- again I said no and demanded they do what is ethical and professional
*** DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!! ***
only down point -- now I'm stuck with a credit for their garbage site.

lexiek
8/31/17

I went on Nasty Gal bc they are running a promotion everything 50% off. I ordered shoes, a shirt and a dress. It shipped way faster than the expected ship time so that was a plus. The shoes and shirt fit great. The only issues I had was the dress was supposed to be black even said black on the tag but it was most definitely navy (which I don't actually mind I will still wear the dress) but just thought it was odd that the pictures online and the tags said black and clearly it was navy like a light navy. The material is a bit cheap. I wouldn't buy anything from here if it weren't on sale. Also, for everyone saying that the clothes are small of course they are going to be, they are in UK sizes and coming from the UK. I would always order a size larger than your American size. Also, it is way easier to shrink big clothes than get too small clothes and deal with the returns. Just a thought!

annar132
8/31/17

I never ever write reviews, but I thought this was a necessary one.
First of all nasty gal does not offer free shipping and returns.
Secondly the quality of their clothes is extremely low. The fit is beyond weird. And their sizing is off. (Their L t-shirts fit like an S)
I ordered 20 pieces of clothes which i all had to send back. The clothes are NOT like the pictures on their site.

Never ordering here again.

kg82
8/30/17

Add me to the list of people that got screwed when BooHoo bought Nasty Gal. I had almost $200 store credit in my account and that is gone! They are telling me that if I can provide a screenshot of my store credit then they'll give me a voucher. WHY WOULD I HAVE TAKEN A SCREENSHOT OF MY STORE CREDIT?????????? Who does that on the regular? Should I really be afraid that a company is just going to randomly steal it from me???? Well I guess I am now. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM NASTY GAL. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT MAINTAINING GOOD WILL WITH THEIR CUSTOMER BASE. I really hope the amount of people they have screwed over with this store credit scandal will damn their business. But of course it won't, and that's why they can get away with it. If I've ever believed in anti-consumerism this is solidifying it.

stephs23
8/29/17

Please save yourself the time of ordering anything from them. They avoid refunding your returns at all costs, essentially stealing everyone's money, absolute waste of time and effort. ALSO clothing sizes are so off it's not funny.
STAY AWAY

isaach38
8/28/17

Affordable prices but not a high-quality service. You must do more work and training with your staff at the first, only after that launch the business.

darylb23
8/23/17

Honestly, not that good. a mediocre company and i believe they do not excel on their specific field. you definitely know what i mean. I hope you guys reallign yourselves.

rhaquelz
8/22/17

The link to unsubscribe does not work. I have written to them via email to inform Nasty Girl that the link does not work, and asking to unsubscribe me, and I recieved an email instructing me to use the unsubscribe link in promotional emails...the one that does not work! And they know it doesn't work because I told them it doesn't.

jlm5
8/19/17

I, like a lot of people, watched Girlboss and then went straight to this site and bought like crazy. I then looked at reviews and they are horrible. I then felt sick as I spent $100 and was worried that they wouldn't show up or if they did they would be garbage.

I received my package today in Canada at the earliest date that they said it would arrive. I was not charged customs, which i have been before when shopping from Adore Me. This is something I have seen a lot of complaints about but that is normal when shopping out of country.

I was super nervous when looking through my items and honestly my first reaction was to be disappointed because thats what I was preparing it for. After about an hour I went back to it and actually really enjoyed my purchases. I bought a Jumpsuit that is currently in the sale section. I was worried because it was an impulse buy and I have never tried one on before. It was amazing. Great quality, thick material and a perfect fit. It has little plastic stickies that hold it up. It is by far my new favourite article of clothing. There was a small thread bunch up on the front of the frill but i just cut it off easily. Good as new. I bought a blue off the shoulder top and it wasn't the material i was expecting. I put it on for the rest of the day and it looked much better after i realised that even though it was a cheaper material it still looked nice and fit me well. I only ended up with one item that I didn't love. It didnt look exactly like the picture but I couldn't blame the shirt for me not looking the way i want to look in a crop top.

I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars because if you spend full price on this stuff it is 100% not worth it, except the jumpsuit. Do not spend $40 on a shirt from here because it is worth about half of that. This site currently has a 50% off everything, including the already marked down sale items. This was definitely worth it. I have heard that there is usually sales so my suggestion is wait for a good one and then buy everything on your wishlist!

The main issue people have with this site in the reviews is that they have a bad return policy. This seems to ring true. I have decided to not return anything in my haul but all of the reviews are probably not wrong. Before ordering be prepared to just keep everything or pay for the return fee and a long process before getting your refund. Their website says that it takes at least 28 days after you return your order and it arrives for them to get it completed. This however is evidently laid out in their return policy on their website. The people who are mad about this should have read the return policy before purchasing.

These reviews for the most part are based from when the company went bankrupt, before boohoo took over the brandname and promotional ownership. Their deal was that they were not obligated to repay any of their old customers or fill any orders they promised before they sold out. Although they should have made more of an effort to keep the customer base happy it was not something they may have been prepared to take on. What I am getting at is that those issues are not something that seems to be happening at this point, that was a situational based issue. The bad reviews really seem to stem from this. The bad reviews about returns seem credible.

I am planning to buy again, as well as from the sister site boohoo. This is not the old NastyGal from pre-2017, I wouldn't go to this site if you were looking for some high quality unique stuff. This is for the girl who wants to stay up with the trends and not looking to spend too much money. (again only buy when ON SALE) This site doesn't deserve these bad reviews since the ownership change.

WOULD BUY AGAIN.

Tip for consumers: Read the return policy before you buy.
They have great Jumpsuits.
Make sure to buy on a sale.

sk511
8/15/17

1 month and 3 weeks for refund to arrive. no way to get in touch with them other than sending them an email that they will not respond to. really sad because I like small businesses but this is just not how customers should be treated.
one of the worst customer service experience I ever had.

noronhaa
8/14/17

muito boa loja compro quantas vezes precisar pois confio e recomendo, a comunicaçao é otima e os produtos tem otimos precos.

lannan1
8/11/17

I read these reviews before making my purchase on Nasty Gal and I was like these people come here just to say bad things, people who loved their purchase won't come here to post, so I ordered from Nasty Gal. BIG MISTAKE. They sent me a damaged dress that was the wrong size on top of it with a huge stain on the front. Now they want me to pay to ship it back! Why should I have to pay for their mistakes?!!?

hik17
8/10/17

I purchased a few dresses and the quality is shocking low. A white dress was rough and see through, nothing like the picture online. They only gave me store credit. But their stocks are so horrible that I couldn't find anything for the longest time. Now I want to just spend my credit but to find out they deleted my account and lost my store credit because of the takeover. The new owner doesn't have any customer information. This is total BS. Why would the new owner not check the store credit, return policy. They just deleted my account without any customer communication. I emailed their customer services several times but they only sent me a cut and paste response. They kept asking me to send them proof. Why would I save my emails if I thought my account has all the information and my credit there. They just didn't want to work with me. This should be a class action law suit. How can they take people's money and said they don't have any record? Don't ever buy from this dishonest company. This company should be shut down before anyone get hurt again.

tobif
8/9/17

I sent back two returns in July and still haven't received a refund. They have no internal tracking system and the responsibility on me to provide photos of the labels (lol). Luckily, I had tracking numbers (I paid for return shipping) showing receipt. Oh, and the merchandise is inferior!!
Stay far away!!

alexisr45
8/9/17

I should have listened to other reviews on here, but items more than a month ago and still waiting on return - had to spend $18 mailing it back to them when they tout "free returns" and now THEY don't know where my items are that I sent back.
Should not have to send them a photo of the postage receipt and all this crap.
Not worth your time

alexisf21
8/8/17

I ordered my clothing and I had regretted it after seeing all the horrible reviews. I thought I was gana get ripped off but I received my package as soon as it said it would be here! My clothing was pretty good! I was happy wth my order and I would say I would order again !

Helpful answer

Hi!! I had to order 2 sizes up...these clothes are made for slim petite women. If u are not then order at least one size up.

By Sha g. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W. on 3/22/17
Helpful answer

The houndstooth print scarf I ordered was described as SILK/WOOL. When I received it--Acrylic and Wool!! That really made me angry. False advertising. I wouldn't have bought it if it had been labelled correctly on the site. Being honest about the materials is important. The dress I had to return because it was sewn very poorly. As for the crop top I bought--it's nice, but the material doesn't warrant the price.

By Dani J. on 4/11/15
Helpful answer

This place is a big rip off ! Buyer beware!!!

By Charles R. on 11/18/15
Helpful answer

Go on to. Their customer services and there is a Q and A box, write to them and see. I also received a reply within a couple of days and the sent me one of the items that was missing and resent me one of the items that was damaged ( tiny hole) and didn't even ask me to send the damaged one back! Be careful sizes are smaller than ours. Good luck but I received good service....

By Sha g. on 7/5/15
Helpful answer

Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W. on 3/21/17
Helpful answer

OH WOW! That sounds sooooo bizarre! But, I've order at least 10 times from Nasty Gal and I never heard of something like that... Sadly, it might have been like a return item that slipped through the cracks and was sent back out :( But, hey, I'm sure it was just a random fluke.

By Ashley M. on 1/29/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other customers.

13 Photos for NastyGal