US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

catherinem66
12/1/16

I really do love Nasty Gal: their clothes are high quality and their customer service is pretty good! The only negative thing I have to say about them is that they can take a while with their refunds. In my experience, the only was I could receive a refund for a return I had shipped out is by emailing them about three weeks after I had shipped out my return. Once I emailed them asking about the status of the return, the refund would magically enter my Paypal! They are a great business, just a tip if you're having issues with refunds.

amys197
11/26/16

EVERYBODY THAT SEE THIS REVIEW DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT SHOPPING HERE...RIPPING PEOPLE OFF....SELLEING "CHEAP" KNOCK OFF MERCHANT ITEMS AS THE REAL "THING" A TRUE ASS HOLE WEBSITE.

saadaa1
11/25/16

Don't waste your money they got so poor quality on their clothes everything you see in the pictures is a lie.

dianag58
10/28/16

Will not be ordering from this site ever again! I ordered a pair of earrings $20 + shipping. They were poor quality and Nasty Gal did not allow to return because it is unsanitary. Yes, it is unsanitary for someone else to put them on. The point is they should refund the customer and dispose of the item, as even if they were never tried on, they don't stay on! Recently, I ordered a top and used their size advice to purchase it. It did not fit and they refuse to refund me and force me to the store credit because their policy does not allow refund if size is wrong. Well, Nasty Gal, YOU give people false sizing guides. It's like they try to force people to give them the money and take their poor quality clothes!
It's funny to me that Sophia Amoruso goes on and on about #girlboss this and that and self-made jiberish all while doing this to customers!

tanyal29
9/7/16

I ordered the same item twice. The first time, I received the size I ordered, size S. The second time, I ordered a M and again I received a size S. I tried reviewing the product to compliment it but since I tried tonadd their mistake, they denied the post. I tried again, choosing different words and again it was denied. They only approve positive reviews which is not honest to consumers as they only hear one side. They eventually emailed me themselves and pretty much said, "hey, you ordered a Small, not a Medium like you claimed" they even sent a screenshot of my order. The only problem was that they sent a screenshot of my 1st order. Not the second one where I did in fact order a M. So I replied and I sent them my own screenshot of the order I had been writing abt since the beginning along with a copy of the UPS tracking since I obviously returned it. They replied with apologies. I asked if they could please just fix THEIR mistake and simply send me the item in the size I ordered but no. They can only send stuff that has been ordered. And they had the nerve to say, "we wouldnt be able to send it anyway becausethat item is no longer in stock" which was B.S. I ordered it again just to rub it in their face that that was a damn lie. And I sent a screenshot of that aswell telling them, "if it was out of stock, I would assume I would have been notified of that when I clicked "buy".. they never replied to that particular email.

I finally get a "refund" in form of a gift card..
Instead of getting a REAL refund, these people force you to exchange the item them messed up for another one. So you never get your money back..they just send you a new item while you pray they don't f*** it up...AGAIN.

The clothes is nice but not worth the price.and definitely not worth the shi**y experience. FOREVER 21 always. Nasty Gal sucks ba**s

jr207
9/5/16

Normally I doesnt put these kind of messages online but I think your service is so bad that I think everyone should know this! 1,5 week ago I placed an order and till now I dont received anything . Several times I asked you for an update and you suggest that I should wait. They ask 15 , - for shipping costs, also tax, while other shops are al lot cheaper. Alsp the delivery time is very long. I asked them the status of my order again today and I get an aswer; we will check this at UPS but it will take days for an answer.
I want a faster answer so I contacted UPS by myself and they say they never received a package from you! I overpaid for my package , get absolutely no service , I received nothing from them, Nastygal has no answer for me, the only thing is, that they get your money and that's it! There are many bad messages about Nastygal, unfortunately I read it afterwards !

martaf6
9/1/16

I ordered the shift embroidered dress and it was to be shipped to Spain. It took fooooreeeeeveeeer to get it plus I had to pay 60 EUROS!!!! for it to clear customs. When I got it like 90 days later the quality was beyond poor, no one could even wear that. I cannot express how $#*!ty it was! I returned it the same day and the cost of shipping it back to the US was 20 euros. So I spent 80 euros for nothing. Never again will I buy anything from them. Not worthy!!!

minhn10
8/26/16

Their posted return policy is either store credit or refund. I read it & order few items.

After received items I want to return 1 dress but their return request authorization only give me store credit option so I chatted their online customer service , she said go head and print out the label and she will adjust it from their end. Before closing the chat forum I printscreen her confirmation.

They received my items along with hand written note and that online chat forum confirmation but still issue me store credit...! Call several time NOONE pick up. Now have to dispute with my credit card. So much trouble will never shop here ever again.

Also their some of their OVER PRICE stuff could be found on Forever 21 too. They buy already made cheap quality stuff from San Pedro and resale for so much higher mark up.

bn32
7/22/16

I placed an order at nasty gal back in June. I never received my package. I called customer service, emailed, followed up again. When they finally replied they said the package was delivered and they would not refund my money! Now I am out $350 with no merchandise.

gretam6
7/15/16

I ordered the Should've Stone Body Chain with next day shipping on the night of July 12th. By July 15th I still had not received the order and I paid $19 for next day shipping, which was more than the item itself cost, so I could wear it to a music festival this weekend. I tried calling customer service and never received an answer after waiting for at least a half hour. The promise 24 hour customer service via their live chat online but even when I went to do that it said no one was available. I had high expectations for this company, especially given the prices they charge, and I was highly dissatisfied with their lack of service and timeliness. This was my first order ever, and I plan to never order again, and strongly discourage my many friends who were also interested in the site. Save yourself the headache and shop elsewhere, cute clothes are not worth the rip off and poor treatment.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site, go to a site that is actually a reliable brand, I promise you they will take way better care of you as a customer. I shop a lot online and this is the second worst experience I've had, next to not receiving a pair of $70 pants from an unreachable seller on ebay. Save your money, stay away!

norat7
7/5/16

Happy with my purchase best site on web for clothes. Shipped fast good quality style and prices.

lc72
6/20/16

Order from Nasty Gal if:
A) You want to receive item(s) other than the one(s) you ordered
B) If you want the only solution offered to remedy the company's mistake is for YOU to send back the item they sent incorrectly, and once that is done, re-order the item you already ordered, but wait! They will give you free shipping on the item they should have already sent...
C) You want to wait on hold for 15 - 45 minutes on the Customer Service line for a "Muse" to maybe answer and help you...maybe.
D) You want to email a company who screwed up your order and never get a response
E) If you want to wait for a "Muse" to live chat with you wherein you may wait between 5-8 minutes between responses from them but if you are typing and do not respond to them within in 1-2 minutes they will abruptly end the chat
F) If you want to try to attempt a live chat multiple (5-6) times and not have any "Muse" available to chat
G) If you want to finally have contact with a representative or "Muse" who is not at all empowered to actually help you or give you any other solution than free shipping on an order that you already had shipped and to tell you they can only re-send the item you ordered once you re-order it and send back the wrong item
H) You want to pay high prices for clothing that is of poor quality
I) You want to feel invaluable as a customer and be treated poorly because an item was shipped incorrectly
J) All of the above.

I read Sophia Amoruso's book and wanted to support a Woman Foreward business, but this business is not a business centered around customer service or designed to fix mistakes easily. It is unfortunate, but the value is not there. The quality of the clothes is poor and the size charts are inaccurate, mainly it seems because there are so many different rebranded items from different distributors. That part is understandable. What is unforgivable is that there is no ownership or concern over the extra work it takes to actually get what you ordered if they make a mistake. I really wanted to support Nasty Gal, but I had a really disheartening experience. I order clothes online all of the time from several other women's clothiers and all of them have at one time sent an item that was stained or wrong, but it was not that they made a mistake that was problematic. The fact that they really worked to support the customer and fix the problem, usually re-issuing the item immediately, not making the customer go online to re-order it. Nasty Gal does not seem to care if the problem gets fixed. They only care that you ordered...after that, you are on your own.

dianal41
6/1/16

I have been shopping here for years and their quality is better than ever. I'm super picky! Yes, a bit overpriced at times, but I don't keep the item unless I absolutely am satisfied. The sizes typically fit true to size and customer service is always nice and helpful. If you ask for something, they typically follow through. Thanks nastygal!

lydial13
5/25/16

Sent back a pair of leggings and they claimed that it was never received and so no refund was given back. What a scam, I guess it figures when the founder actually started her business off by stealing stuff to sell. #truestory link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Amoruso

lynseys
5/4/16

I have received a bill from UPS for £60.60 for the customs on the package that was sent over to me by NG recently (THE BILL ARRIVED AFTER I HAD ALREADY TAKEN DELIVERY AND THUS I HAD ALREADY MISSED THE OP TO REFUSE IT). This was not at any time discussed during the purchasing process and while paying for the specified P&P on the site. I have subsequently looked through the FAQ and found a paragraph on the subject. I am livid. Not only did I have to pay for my returns package myself (disgusting), that nearly came to the price of the returned item but now I am told that I have a bill for the original package that was sent to me on top of paying for the P&P already!? This is not on. CUSTOMERS BEWARE! This is not a good service and it is a real shame because the clothing is fab. The company are letting themselves down by doing this to their potentially loyal and loving audience.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF EXPENSIVE HIDDEN POSTAGE CHARGES!!!

laural102
4/27/16

I was making my first purchase on the site and they have so many problems!! After all the emails back and forward, they cancelled my order telling me it was sold out when clearly there was still 3 left in stock. My credit card was fine and they even sent me an email CONFIRMING that the order was going to be shipped shortly, to later send me an email saying it was cancelled! On top of all the trouble they made me go through, their only apologize is saying that "they also love their stuffs" and a coupon for free shipping. My order was worth USD $135.00 which already had free shipping, I don't need a worthless coupon!! You've wasted MY TIME for NOTHING!!

lalal13
4/27/16

NEVER RECEIVED!!!!

ellat9
4/18/16

NEVER RECEIVED!!!! TOOK MONTHS FOR THEM TO CONTACT ME!!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE THEY ARE A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amberp21
3/25/16

I live in the u.s. I've ordered from nasty gal 3x, each time in hope my order would be better. I love love love, the idea of their clothing, totally my taste. However, for the price I pay I guess I expected the quality to be a bit better. I feel like I could've received the same thing and pay a fraction of the price with aliexpress. It's always such a gamble with nasty gal. I also do not know where on earth they get their measurements from. It looks fine in the description but as soon as u actually receive the garment, it's way off. I ordered a must have dress before, an xxs, and they sent me a large! Customer service could return it and I couldn't reorder cuz it was sold out in my size. Wth nastygal? Step it up already

susanab4
3/12/16

wonderful experience
I do not understand why are so many bad reviews . I bought two beautiful dresses, certainly both were M but one fit small and the other runs large so that I returned the big one without any problems. The delivery was super fast as the refund to my pay pal account . The clothes are amazing and great quality ! love this online store , as a mom of two kids is difficult and impossible to go shopping so to be able to have the opportunity to buy original and different clothes without having to leave the house is really wonderful.

sihm
3/11/16

Amongst all the shops I have tried online,Nasty gal has the most reliable shipping I have ever had.I mean their items are very pricey but atleast one can rely on them unlike Missguided.I love me some nasty gal.Cant wait to receive my new item tomorrow!!

destinm
3/8/16

I don't know if it's because I'm in America but I always have the best experience with nastygal. If I call the customer service it is amazing and always resolves my problem quickly and they have even given me store credit in exchange for nothing. I have never had a problem with returns- they are always free and fast. The quality of the nastygal brand garments is not amazing but they are also not expensive so you get what you pay for and I have never had a problem with anything falling apart. I usually buy other brands other than nastygal off their site. I truly love this website and like I said I truly always have an amazing experience so I felt obligated to share.. I literally have spent thousands of dollars on this website and I don't have one thing to complain about. Not a single thing..

tabithaf3
3/5/16

I ordered a simple body suit. Relatively expensive garment to begin with but I had to have it- it was beautiful. However. After waiting close to a month to receive my garment and contacting customer service three times (with them telling me they couldn't help me) I picked it up- and got charged insane in duties shipping and taxes (it doubled the price of the bodysuit) and went to try the bodysuit on- it has two product errors. Contacted the customer service and they stated there was nothing they could do. First and last experience ordering on nastygal. I don't care how beautiful the garment is I will never deal with them again. The bodysuit ended up having so many hidden fees from shipping duties taxes etc and- I'm not happy with the garment at all, I can see it falling apart in no time. Do not ship here !

sarahj126
2/7/16

My shirt i ordered and then later received ( a long time after it was supposed to be delivered) is total crap. i spent $82 aus dollars on a black DENIM shirt and i got a crap cotton thing that will fall apart in one ware. it was supposed to have 2 pockets and different stitching but no. 1 pocket and crap stitching. they won't tell me how to return it and i am so bloody pissed off. is every After party let her rip shirt crap or was i just super unlucky

shelbyh29
2/5/16

Not only did they ship it to the wrong place, they credited me the wrong amount to reorder my items even though I ALREADY PAID AND PAID TAXES AND DUTIES. I asked someone on live chat and she assumed me my items would ship out express shipping so I can have them before I leave. 2 days passed I talked to someone else and shes like you must have misunderstood you need to order them and blah blah even though I asked the lady 2 nights before on online chat and confirmed everything again. I thought I was being annoying but was like nope I need to do this to make sure. SO when I talked to someone else they were not only snippy when I asked about a refund because I would be out of the country when the items came, you know me wanting a nice valentines dress, and since they wouldnt be here on time I asked for a refund. She not only got rude but then TERMINATED the session I was in when I asked for the refund links.

How unprofessional and you can't even get the copy of your chat when they terminated it but sure, when things seem to go well, you can hit "close" and then you are able to review them.

rude service, all of them are liers, I confirmed with 2 people, and then I get a terminated session. I think they just go "hold on a sec" and are actually ignoring you and telling you what you want to here.

Will never order from them again.

And there is no where to leave your feedback but this place.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 9/11/16
Add your answer
on 11/18/15
Answer
charlesr32
A: This place is a big rip off ! Buyer beware!!!
on 11/21/15