Review of NastyGal

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jennap12
3/22/17

I had over $100 in credit at NastyGal, and they always treated me well as a customer. Apparently Sophia whatsherface sold the company--I think due to bankruptc--and let these CROOKS take over. I couldn't log into my account so I sent numerous emails with multiple idiotic women telling me to get in touch with my bank for the refund. Here is what one idiot replied to me when I told her my bank will not just hand me money that NastyGal decided to steal from me..."Thanks for getting in touch with us, we really appreciate your email.

We understand how frustrating this must be for you and we are really sorry this has happened to you.

As you know of the change over in management at Nasty Gal, this has caused us to not be able to have a look at any previous orders.

Therefore we are unfortunately unable to help any further with this query.

All we can advise is to speak to your bank about a charge back for the money.

Again, we sincerely apologize to you and we hope you can understand.

If there is anything else, don't hesitate to get back in touch."

$#*! them, f**k this company, f**k Sophia Amoruso for letting it go to sh*t and not warning her loyal customers. You'd think she'd care if we were stolen from. Never shopping here again and making a post about it so no one else I know does either.

taylorp30
3/19/17

I ordered a pair of boots from Nastygal thatnever came... their response:

"All we can advise is for you to contact your bank to claim for a cash back.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

If you need any further assistance please contact us :)"

ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!

baileez
3/17/17

I purchased 1 dress, & 2 skirts from Nasty Gal. On the photo description it said that the pieces were made in America, I got the pieces and it's is ALL made in CHINA. As an ethical blogger I can no longer wear these pieces except to explain the lie of this company. Please be aware guys, if the manufacturer matters to you, @nastygal isn't always honest.

kerrym64
3/16/17

Dudeeeeee screw this website. They didn't send me $40 worth of clothing I orcered. That's insane. I ordered it over a month ago, it finally comes & two items are missing. I email them & get the reacurring response that they can't get to past Nasty Gal orders. Thanks for taking the money I worked so hard for & essentially giving me the middle finger. Don't buy from people like this. I want my money back or the clothes. Comeon ugghhhhhhhhhhh

beeb38
3/15/17

I had a $134 credit with Nasty Gal on my account! I logged in to use it and my account was gone! When I contacted Nasty Gal they said because it's under a new ownership my credit is completely gone and "There's nothing they can do about it."!! What A RIP OFF I WAS TOLD THIS CREDIT WOULD NEVER EXPIRE! I'm so mad!

allysonf1
3/15/17

I wish I could leave them zero stars. I returned 3 items from my order on 2/17. The items return value was over $80. They provided me with a return label, of which I used.

Due to the management change, they are unable to refund my money, and only offered me $20 as "a gesture of goodwill." I told them the items I ordered and sent my order confirmation, shipping confirmation, everything they needed in order to get me my money back.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RETAILER. I think we all need lawyers.

brianam7
3/15/17

Ive been loyal to this $#*! for years !! even though her clothes are over priced AF. I ordered from them . Long story short $500 buck down the drain. My order never came . and the ones that showed up were not what I ordered.

Please tell me if you know how to file a lawsuit Im pissed !! PLEASE ADD YOUR PHOTOS .

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

carolet6
3/14/17

Was one of those that ordered from the 70% sale. Took forever to ship & was shipped the wrong items! They told me it was because it was under new ownership so they can't do anything about it. Was disappointed from that. Then ordered a pair of sunglasses from the site just a week ago and was still sent the wrong item!!!! They absolutely can't do anything about it & the customer service absolutely sucks!!!! Will never ever order from here again

nickm123
3/12/17

In late February Nasty Gal launched a 70% off that attracted 1000's of buyers. Quietly and without warning to loyal customers, on February 28th they deleted ALL user accounts and orders from their system. That meant, nobody could sign into their account to see order history and status. Nasty Gal's website was updated to the point where it was a completely new with different stock and different policies. The customer service now stopped offering phone support and live chat. When I sent an email on February 28th asking why I couldn't sign in, I received a reply saying they're now under new management but will continue to be the same brand. They also stated in their reply that in a maximum of 48 hours all accounts would be restored. That sounded good, but I've come to realize that was only the first on their list of lies. After I waited 48 hours, I found out that no accounts were restored yet. Their second lie was saying to wait another 48-72 hours and that then the accounts would be restored. To this day, no accounts have been restored. At this point Nasty Gal starts addressing the issue on their facebook, instagram and twitter accounts. They make posts on social media and send emails stating that ALL ORDERS with an order number from before February 28th would be shipped and honored. They cancelled 4 out of 5 of my orders. That was their third lie! Most orders are being cancelled and not actually honored. The worst part is that in late February before the "takeover" Nasty Gal sent their customers emails encouraging them to buy during the 70% off sale. They actually sent emails saying "once it's gone it's gone" but that if you "checkout successfully while it's in stock it will be shipped"! It's quite obvious to me that they took too many orders before the takeover and didn't have the intention of fulfilling them all. This feels like a scam and based on the founders history, I'm quite nervous many people will lose their money. For the past week, the new Nasty Gal has been flooded with questions about missing orders and charges to credit cards. They have publicly replied to most people on social media asking them to private message their order numbers so they can help. Once customers send their order numbers in a private message, the same generic response is offered. They tell you they still can't look into order numbers from before February 28th and to either wait or contact your bank for a refund... Most people who paid with credit cards have already been charged for missing or cancelled orders. Collectively most people just wanted their orders despite the delays. When I asked about the reason 4 out of 5 of my orders were cancelled they told me it was a rare occurrence if something was out of stock... How is 4 out of 5 cancellations a rare occurrence and how does that coincide with the statement that "ALL ORDERS WITH AN ORDER NUMBER" from before the February 28th will be shipped before March 21st (now they say March 24th and I can't keep up with the lies)? Initially I thought it's not new managements fault for what's going on. That maybe they bought the company and were scammed by the original Nasty Gal too! I'm sure this wasn't expected when they bought the brand. My issue is that Boohoo (the new management) is turning their backs on loyal customers and telling them to contact their credit card companies or banks for help! Instead Boohoo should be joining and supporting us in going after the original Nasty Gal brand for orders/products before washing their hands of the situation. They should be transparent that they've been screwed over also. If they bought this company thinking it came with a loyal fanbase, the brand is already near ruined in less than a month. They're losing all the old and loyal customers who made the company what it was and scaring off any new interest. If the new Nasty Gal cares about this situation and the years of brand loyalty at stake, they can start by adding a phone number to contact. The next step would be for BooHoo to negotiate with the old Nasty Gal to provide a solution so that every single cancelled/missing is sent. If that requires the "old" Nasty Gal to negotiate with their manufactures to produce our orders, Boohoo will be able to rebuild the poisonous reputation they've possibly unfairly received. If neither company cares enough, then BooHoo should at least help in compile a list of any information that would help with a possible class action lawsuit. For most of us, this has been an awful situation and my heart goes out to all of you still out of your money. Together we can form a class action lawsuit to ensure this type of thing can't happen online. There has to be a standard and rules to follow and clearly Nasty Gal things they're above both.

zahiyahs
3/10/17

My bank dispute was denied. Sooooo now I'm going to have to dispute again. I hate everyone is going through this mess with this company. It's just unacceptable.

kik100
3/9/17

I had a $250 return of clothing to nasty gal about a month ago and when I went to log onto the site today it says my account does not exist ! I'm freaking out about it and see if anybody else has this issue besides the two I've seen can you guys contact me! We need to get a class action together if this is happened to ma u of us! I kept my return order receipt.
Kim1ny@yahoo.com

lenorad
3/8/17

I have a $500 credit on nasty gal. I am having same problem as everyone else. No phone service. I tried to email and the email would not go through. I went to log onto my account and they say they do not have record of this email. BULL....!! How do we get our money back? Any one know of a number to call the state they are in, etc. They cannot get away with this!!!

lol363
3/7/17

The same thing that is happening to other people is happening to me. I bought a purse from the 70% sale 10 days ago. After I was charged through my credit card, my account ceased to exist and the tracking number doesn't work. I still haven't gotten my order and I'm worried.

ilonan
3/6/17

I returned my Alix Off-the-Shoulder Midi Dress I ordered in January before the 30 days had expired (ORDER NUMBER: #024463304).
My ups says it was delivered successfully to their address but its march and I never got a refund.! Tried emailing customer service 20 times and called them numerous times no answer!

I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this website over the years and this is the customer service I get??
I also ordered a few weeks ago 200$ worth of stuff when they had 60-70-% off and never even got a tracking number. I will definitely sue this $#*!ty company if i dont get my money back for my refund and items delivered.

Email:neideri@ymail.com

tiffanyn18
3/6/17

$#*!ty customer service. Bought two pairs of shoes online when they had the 40% off everything. I purchased on 14 February never received anything as of yet every time I email them I get a generic email saying they can't do anything about it when I try to log into my account it's pretty much nonexistent so. They literally stole my money. But I will be getting my money back. I work too hard for it to just be token from me.

shantels
3/4/17

Was finally able to reach them through their twitter support handle, @nastygalhelp. First they told me that my order was never in the system, despite emails "confirming" it had shipped. Then they told me it would ship before the end of the month, despite just claiming they had no record of it. When I asked if that was actually true, or should I just report them to my credit card company, they advised that reporting them would be my best chance at getting my money back.

isabellaj4
3/4/17

I placed two separate orders on February 21st, during the 70% off site-wide sale. I received 2 confirmation emails, then an email a few days later saying to expect delays in shipping. However, it has now been 11 days and I have received no further information. Like many of you, when I try to track my order numbers/account online, it says account not found/order not recognized. I emailed them yesterday and have not heard back. Nastygal, this is terrible customer service. Please respond to your customers about their pending/disappearing orders.
Order numbers:

karent98
3/3/17

I placed an order on 19th Feb, received an email saying inendated with orders after sale which I can give leeway for. Then finally received a shipment notice 24th Feb. Tracking number is "no recognisable". One of the items I wanted for an event this weekend, have emailed their orders and customer service now 4 times and not one response. This is now the 3rd time I've purchased from them and they treat you like this. I have now cancelled my subscription emails, I want nothing to do with them. WORST customer service ever!! Good luck with the business with all the new BAD reviews popping up about them.

laurab230
3/3/17

I am having the same problem as everyone else on here AND getting the same exact response, word for word, that people are getting. It's been almost two weeks since I placed my order and still no sign that it's been shipped. I actually haven't even been charged, yet I received an order confirmation...? I get that the restructuring of the company causes some delays and hiccups, but this definitely doesn't seem like a good start to the "restart."

tiffanys79
3/3/17

I have tried to reach Nastygal for the past week via Twitter, Live Chat, Email, and Phone, and no one has responded to me. Referencing order #024502636. I placed the order on 2/4, before the return policy change and received it quite a while later. To my surprise, it wouldn't let me print a return label because of a policy I was not aware of before or after placing my order. I need to return items and honestly this is unacceptable.

UPDATE 3/3: THEY EMAILED ME BECAUSE I POSTED ON HERE BUT DID NOT RESPOND WHEN I GAVE THEM MY ORDER NUMBER. THE NEXT STEP IS TO FILE A CLAIM WITH MY BANK. THIS IS ABSURD AND TOTALLY FRAUDULENT.

jb277
3/3/17

I was issued a store credit back in September for an order. There was no code given or anything they said it was posted to your account. I went to log into my account the other day and it wasn't working. When I requested new password it says account not found. I emailed customer service for them to say:

Thanks for getting in touch.

As you may know, we're in the process of a massive site changeover and so we don't have access to the info we need atm.

We're so sorry for any inconvenience :(

In the meantime, take a look at our new site- http://www.nastygal.com/

Have a nice day:)

Kind Regards,

Kyle

So now they have kept the shoes I returned and my money.This is bull$#*!. I deserve a refund or an explanation as to when it's being fixed.

jiez1
3/2/17

I have same problem with you guys! I don't get my Packages until now? It's lose? I don't see any information about my order? And nobody help me~ I will never buy it again!

taylorh47
3/2/17

Looks like I'm having the same problem as a lot of you... I placed an order 14 days ago and still have not received tracking info. When I try to check the status online, I am told no information can be found. Totally ridiculous.

jaimek17
3/2/17

I too placed an order over a week ago and have yet to receive any shipping/tracking info....I reached out to customer service and this was their response:

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to view any previous Nasty Gal orders.

Don't worry though, we are looking in to this.

Please allow up to 48-72 hours for us to have all the info we need.

If you get back in touch after this time-frame, I'll be more than happy to assist you further.

If you need anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca
NASTY GAL Customer Services

I'm disputing this transaction with my bank if I don't hear back. I suggest everyone else do the same. Good luck.

adrienner6
3/1/17

Hi guys -

I am seeing the same experiences I am having right now. I ordered from their site on 2/18 and have yet to receive any shipping info - I have written to them twice since they stopped their phone and chat support and NO response. This is NOT ok, I am not cool with losing over $100 of purchases. I wanted to see if you guys would like to connect/band together and see what we can do in order to get our money back or at least our orders.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
angelap67
Angela P.
2 days, 9 hours ago
Answer
margew2
Marge W.
A: A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!
2 days, 1 hour ago
3 days, 5 hours ago
Answer
margew2
Marge W.
A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!
2 days, 1 hour ago