Review of NastyGal

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sophiaf5
4/28/17

Had to offer my opinion, they have legit gone downhill, its totaly not the same as it used to be. Quality of clothes is just garbage now, needs to be improved

justenem
4/25/17

Just give up on the name. Every time I look at this site, the clothes look so incredibly cheap. If I want to shop BOOHOO, I would shop there. What a mess. They keep giving out discounts because nothing is selling.

jennt8
4/21/17

Nasty Gal used to have trendy clothing but they went downhill. Now I never hear about them anymore. I think they went out of business?

aj573
4/19/17

NastyGal deleted my account, along with my store credit, when they changed management. I've contacted customer service to have the credit re-applied and they responded that it would be within 3-5 business days. Well, I write them every 5 business days for two months now and they continue to respond with a resolution within "3-5 business days." I'm seeing a lot of people having this experience and it's shameful. They've literally stolen our money and are giving us the run around in returning it. Really shameful business.

julieg125
4/17/17

Take a moment to bow your head in silence: the nasty gal we know and love is gone. What is left is a hideous anti fashion site hawking shapeless dresses striaght off little house on the prarie. Seriously many of these outfits make these gorgeous models bodies look frumpy and unattractive. I have never seen such an ugly assortment of clothing on a site and even sadder its the nasty gal site. I see model after model looking pissed off for having to wear such atricious and cheaply made crap. You can almost read their thoughts: they hate these clothes. Theyre going to quit as soon as they find another gig. They are embarrassed to be seen in these clothes.

Whoever is the buyer for this site you are going to go out of business: you cant keep the nasty gal name AND hawk cheap crap that is tasteless because your going to make NG customers incensed. Either make your brands similar to nasty gals original lines and retain the nasty gal consumer base or change the site name to something else. What your trying to pull is going to bite you in the ass.

Sorry to all the ladies who got burned on their store credit. When the NG ship went down looks like it was every nasty gal for herself and that sucks.

I went thru 15 of the 25 pages of merch and could scarsley find one item id buy. It's sad really. I miss the go to site for edgy clothes. Now all there is is akiraclothing and free people. Anyone else found a nasty gal replacement site?

cindyh106
4/13/17

Even at their 50% off everything just to get us to commit - was not appealing - the stuff is cheap and boring, too bad the real nasty gal was mismanaged and sold to these bozos

janiner8
4/12/17

They have many great items at decent prices. Not the cheapest but one of the most professional stores out there. One item had a tear in it but got it exchanged quickly.

sungl9
4/11/17

Ownership changed and now it is owned by BOOHOO. The clothing line is just like BOOHOO which looks very cheap and ugly. I don't understand why they didn't keep it as it was. Now it looks as if it is just forever 21 but just more money. I loved Nastygal, but now I wouldn't even wear their clothes even if they were just given to me for free. YUCK!.

nayaw1
4/9/17

I have been waiting for a package to arrive and customer service was responsive however, they didn't offer much help. I've shopped on this site since 2013 and this is disappointing. I ordered about a month ago and I don't understand why something would take this long to ship.. its ridiculous.

sallyz2
4/9/17

I had a credit refund of $138 in my account, but I can't login to my acccout anymore! Email them, no reply. No phone number to contact. This is such a ridiculously bussiness. It's just literally stealing people's money. I was so shocked a lot of people is experiencing this, and I'm wondering why won't we file a lawsuit against it!

janec109
4/7/17

Nasty gal will not give my refund in either the form of a store credit or return the money to my credit card. I had $84.24 in store credit from a return in Feb. Then they changed management. Now the 800 # does not work. They will only communicate by email which takes several days for a response. Even though literally hundreds of emails have been exchanged nothing has happened. I gave them the order and they can't look it up. Which was all i needed before. I gave them an email which shows proof of my refund. They said they will only give me half and then never have done this. It takes forever to get any responses back and then its vague and nothing ever gets done. This is pure consumer fraud and robbery. If a store gave me a card with store credit on it and changed management but the website and name and mercy all stayed the same and all of a sudden the card was worth less or only worth half how can that be fair?

alinam17
4/6/17

I ordered 3 dresses back in January, 1 did not fit so I sent it back and thought I had the credit! So recently I tried to make a purchase using the credit and I couldn't log into my account! I contacted customer service via email, told them I couldn't log into my account, and they told me that company was bought out by a new company and they don't have access to help me with logging in, so I should just start a New account!! That doesn't help me with my store credit though?? The main issue!! So I emailed them the receipt of my credit and they said they will be emailing me a credit in separate thread! After reading what they're doing to all the other customers, I'm just another Victim! I will be taking action!! Do not take your chances ordering from this company!!

rachelb117
4/4/17

Whatever you do, don't give them your money. They stole from all of their previous customers by not sending out orders, not refunding returns, and in my case, not honoring my store credit.

miah27
4/3/17

I returned $200 worth of clothes to NastyGal and I never received a refund. I also had $200 dollars in store credit. I went to log into my account and noticed that it had been deleted altogether so I lost the store credit and I lost proof of returning my order/checking the status of the return. They disconnected their phones and no one is replying to my emails so I've lost $400. Currently going through a dispute with Wellsfargo to get my money back. Such a hassle and really inconvenient!

paytonr2
4/3/17

On February 17th I placed an order with Nasty Gal and paid $84.21 since they were going out of business and everything was on sale. I received a receipt telling me my order would arrive in 5-11 business days. I never received a tracking number and reached out after 11 days to ask where my order was. They informed me that orders were delayed and I would receive it mid March. It still never came so I wrote to the company again and they informed me it would come by March 31st or my money would be returned. It never came and I wrote back on March 31st, and now I am being told that because they have new owners they are unable to track any previous orders and I am out of luck. They are literally stealing money and not taking any responsibility. I have tried being patient, but now I am disgusted by the way they are treating customers, and want someone at the company to take accountability and return my money.

paulai6
4/3/17

When a company tells you to go ahead and return the item and they will take care of you, and then they don't, well that is all it took for me. I will never give them my business again. They ripped me off for $200 and that is just not right.

aidam8
4/2/17

Returned a few items for store credit and now that there are 'new owners' it's not available anymore. such bs. $200 down the drain!!! The new owners obviously don't care about the past customers...ridiculous! Website has trash clothes up now anyway.

jessicas234
3/30/17

Same here! Placed an order with them, received only one of my items and have to ask for a chargeback from my bank.

hk41
3/30/17

Do not buy from nastygal.com. I am also a customer who purchased clothing from their site before the changeover. I purchased February 23rd, got the email confirmation that it will be shipped, and have not seen my order ever. They charged my cc, took my money and ran. Furthermore, the new owners are in total collusion with the scam. I have been emailing them over the course of these past weeks, and they first email back "you will receive by March 24th". In regards to my account being deleted, they said "just change your password". Hello, scammers, the site no longer even recognizes my login email! When I emailed again after the 24th they basically said "sorry, we can't do anything, but here's 20% off your next purchase!" Hilarious how they keep shilling this 20% off bit! Their stuff was pretty crappy before, but now it's so crappy it looks like a scam site! Damn. I then called their 213 office number in Los Angeles and the front desk girl was sweet but didn't know anything as their office was closing. She suggested going through my bank and filing a dispute. I think that's about all we can do now. I'm only out $100 but I feel for the gals who were fleeced mad $$$. Apparently there are lawyers handling official disputes so ladies, looks like we gotta go through these legal channels now to get our money back.

kelij1
3/30/17

her store might've been ok for a few years , but man did she bank on everyone. To sell her company and rip everyone off. Good job.

sacham30
3/29/17

FIRST THEY TELL YOU THEY WILL RESOLVE YOUR ISSUES, AND THAN TELL YOU 2 WEEKS LATER, THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO! I WILL NEVER SPEND A PENNY ON THIS B.S. COMPANY!

derekm55
3/29/17

PLEASE GIVE THE NEW OWNERS OF NASTY GAL A CHANCE,MOST OF THE ISSUES THAT CUSTOMERS HAVE ARE WITH THE OLD CAMPANY.

REGARDS
AN INDEPENDENT OBSERVER

sondrah3
3/29/17

I would give it zero stars if I could. Terrible customer service. I received the wrong order and have not heard one word in response to my complaints. Never shop here. They should be a failed business for their awful business practices.

lilyk18
3/28/17

Obviously they have screwed ALL of us over on our orders, are providing us with NO HELP, and are delaying our problems with "nice" email responses or no responses at all. This unethical company is STEALING. If we can't get our money back, we can at least make sure as hell they won't receive any more $$ with other orders. We need to spread awareness to others and make sure this company doesn't have a chance to screw over more of people. I lost $300, and as a broke college student, I'm eating ramen with no nice clothes to show for it. Pissed is an understatement.

mariew48
3/28/17

I ordered from Nastygal and returned the order the day it arrived, within the clear guidelines of their Return Policy. Without warning, the company changed management and claims to have no access to previous customer orders, refusing to issue a refund. Terrible company and customer service under this new management. Cheating hundreds of loyal customers out of their money...

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the NastyGal staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
angelap67
Angela P.
Answer
margew2
Marge W.
A: A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
rerej
ReRe J.
on 3/21/17
Answer
margew2
Marge W.
A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!
Helpful answer