Review of NastyGal

Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
hello@nastygal.com

ellenf29
11/20/17

Where do I even start... Bottom line, this place is cheap and unprofessional and they will try to steal your money.

Example:
1. I placed 4 orders from Nastygal fairly close in date, all three from August 12-17, and received them all within a week apart. I sent back a lot of it and kept some of it -- what I did send back equalled to about $165.00.
Order numbers: GUS100285963 ($45.00) and GUS100264601 ($105.00) make up the bulk of my returns, where another $10.00 return still awaits as well (from, GUS100268265).

2. I returned my items no longer than 3 days after they arrived -- they came, I tried them on, I packaged them up and send them back almost immediately after receiving them, spending $25 of my own money (I kept receipts from the Post Office and everything, and had to even scan them into an email on Sept 29th as proof that my orders were sent and received).

3. As of right now, I have only received the refund for the $45.00 order (GUS100285963) that didn't come into my bank account until *OCT 18*, after days and days of back and forth emails telling them that they owe me money - TWO MONTHS after returning my items did I see ONLY ONE of my returns!
First, the returns people tried to tell me that they didn't receive my order, and then I checked the tracking and received a detailed account from the Post Office, who assured me that it arrived 2 DAYS after I send it to them (this is when I sent photocopy proof to them on Sept 29).

4.I sent my items back in August, and It is now NOVEMBER 20TH - I am still awaiting the returns from the other two orders: GUS100268265 ($105.00) and GUS100268265 ($10.00).
I will not stop emailing them about this. I have even sent them screengrabs from my bank statements (blacking out private information) to show them that my refund has not arrived, and they are still so unhelpful. I am attempting to demand they sent a cheque instead of deposit, though, I'm not getting my hopes up.

5. And, of course, they have no hotline to call.

nicoled95
11/16/17

I ordered a pair of shoes which were sent to a city right beside mine. I found out and caught it in transit and tried to stop it but I couldn't because they returned to sender. This has been over a month ago. I've contacted them FIVE times now and I've heard zero! Nothing! I wanted my shoes reshipped but now I just want my credit. I've done so much business with them and to not get a single response is downright horrid. I urge anyone to stay away from this company and DO NOT ORDER from them!!!! If I could rate them less than a star I would.

chrissyn2
11/11/17

This company is a rip-off. They sent me a torn $#*! and expect me to pay to return it. I will never spend another penny with them.

katiec97
11/10/17

I returned my clothing to them over a month ago. I lost my returns receipt but I kept the tracking information. They received it but are refusing to refund me!! They are scammers. They will not refund you. Do not buy from Nastygal under any circumstances.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

cassieg3
11/10/17

Ordered two of the same dress because there were so many negative reviews about the misrepresentation of clothing. Immediately asked to cancel the order after reading even more negative reviews. They told me they dont do that and it is my problem not theres. Requested a shipping label for the equivalent cost Ive already paid ($6) and they said no, its not their problem. 48 hours had gone by, back and forth messages of them telling me they arent going to do $#*! for me. 48 hours later, my item skipped. For two whole days they couldve canceled and refunded me. Now Im out $50 and theyre telling me to pay for my own return shipping which will come out to half of what Ive already paid? Ive asked to speak to a manager and they refused.

SCAM ARTISTS.

cassidys7
11/9/17

If I had known Nasty Gal was run by Boohoo I wouldn't have even bothered ordering through them. I paid the extra for express shipping 2 weeks ago and my order still isn't here! This is the secound time I have ordered from this company for an event and the clothes haven't gotten here on time. Dissapointed to say the least! Plus the 2 pairs of shoes I ordered last time weren't even wearable and the dress I spent good money on was ripped and I recieved no contact back about a refund. I strongly recommend not shopping on this site or boohoo.com they are cheap poorly made clothes that will take atleast 3 weeks to get to australia no matter what shipping you pay for. Dont waste your money!!

exposet
11/8/17

Since Boohoo has taken over this company has TERRIBLE SERVICE...customer service is basically. NONE EXISTING. My order was placed 2 weeks ago and still has NOT arrived. It should have arrived in 6 days...I've been ordering from Nasty gal for years in the past with previous owner and NEVER EVER had any issues with delivery or the products. You can no longer speak to a "live" person. I'm DONE with this horrible, ill ran, unorganized, so called company. The new name should be "SCAMMER GAL!" Please save your money and do not waste your time with this Boohoo run trash!!!

betsyb18
11/3/17

The items I received looked NOTHING like the ones I ordered. I was sent the wrong size bathing suit and shoes and the clothes looked cheap as F. I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. I saw reviews and thought I would be fine when ordering from this website. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NASTY GAL!!!!! Then I had to pay $20 to return my items

zarad5
11/2/17

I received a pair of shoes, and they were broken. I contacted customer service expecting that as they sent me a faulty product they would bear the cost of return and refund me. This is not the case and its more expensive to return than the product is worth.

michellec262
11/1/17

Ive read a lot of negative reviews on here for Nasty Gal so I wanted to write one about my experience with the new (Boohoo) Nasty Gal. Ive been shopping with Nasty Gal for quite some time. I absolutely loved the original Nasty Gal and ordered from there on a regular basis. Very unique and trendy clothes that you couldnt find anywhere else. I would have been very happy if Boohoo had continued to carry the exact same high end type of clothing and assessories when they took over the company but sadly that wasnt the case. The quality of the clothing as well as the type of clothes on the website has definitely took a nose dive. However, there are still some very trendy and unique pieces sold on there, so I decided to place an order despite all the negative reviews. The shipping was relatively cheap ($6.00) considering that the order was coming from the UK. It took about 10 working days for me to receive the package, which wasnt too long IMO. I was pleasantly surprised because most of the items were of decent quality and looked exactly as pictured on the NG website. There were a few pieces though that I was less than happy with that I ended up sending back for a refund which took a total of about 5 weeks to receive. Since then I have placed a several more orders and more times than not I have been happy with what I received from NG. I have also sent back additional items for a refund and all but the last have averaged around 5 weeks till the refund went through. The last package I sent back was sent to a different address and I was refunded in about 2.5 weeks. Definitely an improvement so Im assuming it no longer has to be shipped back to the UK for the refund to be processed. One complaint I do have with the company is the customer service. Its pretty much non-existent now so if you have an issue like the wrong item being sent to you, (happened with last order) the only thing you can do is send it back for a refund.

bw70
10/30/17

I really enjoy this website. I have ordered from Nasty Gal a few times (yes i did discover the website through the netfilx show) and overall it has been a great experience. Before I ordered I read multiple reviews which said that the quality was bad as a result of being bought out recently their handling systems were sub par; by my estimation however there is very little truth in these statments.

The shipping is fairly average in time and is very cheep, especially considering that i am from Australia and the packages come from the USA. Tracking is also provided on the NastyGal website which makes postage a lot more stress free.

I also really like their products, they have a very quirky on trend style that is very unique. It is hard not to fall in love with every piece. To give some indication of the quality, I bought a pair of vegan leather ankle boots and wore them all winter; they are still going strong and will definitely last a lot longer. Perhaps the best feature of this company is the pricing, everything is very affordable, especially when you catch one of the crazy good 50% everything sales (yes that includes items which are already on sale)

The company may have had its issues in the past because of it's change of ownership. I never experienced any of the unpleasantness that many others have, I believe that any prior issues have now been sorted making this a great shopping experience.

The products are by no means high end luxury items, that being said the items are still great quality an fun designs. I could not be any happier with my experiences shopping on the Nasty Gal website and I would recommend this to any fashionistas on a budget.

Tip for consumers: Psst.... Wait fro the sales, they are awesome.

lindseym53
10/30/17

Sizes are misleading shipping fees are ridiculously high and you might get your order in a month at best. Good luck with it being complete or correct

barbib
10/28/17

Their customer service is not good. Shopped there once and never again unless I know they improved their customer service. Nor worth it.

alexisn16
10/26/17

I am a first time shopper on Nasty Gal and I ordered some heels for a Halloween party and paid extra so they would ship in 6 days. I ordered them October 17th and it is now October 26th. I contacted customer service with the only contact information they provide which is an email and you wait 24 hours for a reply. I asked for a number to call and find out what I need to do to be refunded shipping. I was given the reply "we are an online store and we do not use phones". I then asked what I needed to do to get my shipping refunded and I was told to reach back out 02/11/2017 which has already passed. When I responded and asked if that was a typo, I was given the response "shipping is not free and we cannot refund this for you". I will never be shopping at Nasty Gal again and I will make sure all of my friends are aware of this incident. Horrible customer service and shipping is longer than promised.

jg134
10/25/17

Not sure if this company is actually fraudulent or just horrible, but I am never ordering from them again! Similar to so many of these reviews, my items were incredibly late BOTH times I ordered and they wouldn't reimburse my shipping or any of my items even though everything arrived SO many days later than the promised date on the rush shipping that both times I had no dress for my events. Then I had to pay additional $ to send the items back (which I decided not to do, since many people said they didn't get reimbursed for their returns when they sent them back). Save yourself the trouble and order from Lulu's or Asos. Basically shop ANYWHERE else and you will be happier!

paulb350
10/24/17

I'm not sure if they are still selling clothes, but Nasty Gal always had the best selection of used high-fashion clothes and handbags.

victoriat56
10/21/17

I had been a long time loyal customer of Nasty Gal prior to Boohoo taking over. Despite my reluctance, I decided to recently purchase an order. I needed it within 7 days, so I paid extra to have my package expedited. Not only was the package late to the point that I no longer could use the clothing for the original purpose, but there was also a dress missing. I messaged first to try to get a refund on the money I paid extra for expedited shipping, no response. I just also messaged about the missing item and hope to get a refund for it or the item I purchased. I most likely will no longer be shopping with Nasty Gal :(

jennyp60
10/19/17

Ordered my stuff, took 2 full weeks to get, got the wrong size, made out of super cheap material, couldn't return due to hurricane....never ordering from them again!!!

alexandriav1
10/19/17

DO NOT BUY - "False Advertising"

Ever since new leadership at Nastygal, the service has quickly gone downhill.

I placed a $300 order, to only receive clothes that looked nothing like the photos that prompted me to put in a purchase.

When I went to make the return, I found out that I would need to pay for the shipping on the return, even though the language on the website kept implying the label they sent with the purchase would cover the returns. This "label" ended-up being fake.

The UPS help desk, which I was using when shipping these items out, let me in on a little insight. They had seen a lot of angry buyers making returns to this company.

After reading a few reviews on the internet of items being returned with no reimbursement given afterward, I decided to keep the clothes and try selling them online. Seemed like a better option, than paying more money to send back, and taking a full loss of the $300.

So far, after a few weeks, there have been no takers on the items I'm selling online, even though I'm selling them 1/3 of the price of what I bought them at (which mind you, I bought them on a 50% sale). No one wants to buy them because my posting of the clothes is actual images and not a fake photo posted by Nastygal.

Terrible service, terrible company that I hope ends up being accused of this fraudulent business model.

londonw1
10/18/17

definitely wasn't expecting this!!!! I recently ordered 2 clothing items, some tights and a formal shirt. I ordered BOTH of these items in a size 2!!! THEY INSISTED ON SENDING ME A SIZE 6 !!!! Why ? At first i thought it was a computer glitch so i went to my email and viewed my order from there and on there it said that i had ordered a SIZE 2 in both. I'm like "okay, their website must be trippin" so I proceeded to wait on my package without any complaints... THEN i went back to NastyGal and orderd a dress, I ordered a size 2 in the dress... AGAIN on their website it said i had ordered a size 6 but on my email it said that i had ordered a size 2... WHY WHEN MY VERY FIRST ORDER 'FINALLY' ARRIVED BOTH OF MY ITEMS WERE A SIZE 6 !??? I CANT EVEN FIT A SIZE SIX. I FEEL SO BETRAYED AND NEVER ORDERING FROM THEM AGAIN. i mean you just don't play wit peoples money like that !

sheilam95
10/18/17

They are the worse!!! Ordered over $800 in clothing. Some of the items were not the correct size or not as expected. Needed to return the items that they sent me in the wrong sizes. Nasty Gal refused to pay for return postage even though it was their fault that I received the wrong sizes. I contacted paypal, since they were the creditors I used to make the purchases. They informed paypal that I would have to return everything that I ordered in order to receive a refund. Unbelievable!! Who or what kind of company does that. I didn't have a problem with everything I purchased only the wrong sized items they sent me. Never again will I be purchasing from them. Customer service sucks!!! No direct phone #, everything is communicated via e-mail, which normally takes at least 48 hours for each correspondence.

sayakak
10/14/17

I made first purchasing at Nasty gal. I ordered tortal 8,9 items all of them are so bad quality. One of necklace was broken so I asked refund. They replied me to send it by my own cost. What a bad customer service. I am not make purchasing from them again ever. Dont waist your money.

samh147
10/13/17

I had no idea the reviews for Nasty Gal had gotten so bad this year, so I blindly went ahead and ordered $150 worth of items. Luckily they arrived within the expected time frame (6-7 business days to Australia) however I was disappointed with the quality of the items. The shirts were transparent when they weren't supposed to be, and the dresses were all far too large to be a size 8 (and YES I checked the size guide!)

The problem is now I want to return some of the items but after reading these reviews I am worried I won't ever be refunded. Refunds are ENTITLED under Australian Consumer Law and I am appalled that so many people on here have had to fight for this right and jump through hoops to prove themselves! If you are selling to Australians then you NEED to abide by this! Can anyone please tell me how to successfully achieve a refund?? I am very worried I will be scammed.

No customer should feel this way and I am taken aback that upper management has not addressed this issue and continue to be fine with upsetting and scamming their customers!

paradisef2
10/9/17

NastyGal was an acceptable company before they were purchased by Boohoo in early 2017. Boohoo is the worst company ever and now NastyGal is the same.

rosemarys18
10/6/17

HORRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi!! I had to order 2 sizes up...these clothes are made for slim petite women. If u are not then order at least one size up.

By Sha g.

A: Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

The houndstooth print scarf I ordered was described as SILK/WOOL. When I received it--Acrylic and Wool!! That really made me angry. False advertising. I wouldn't have bought it if it had been labelled correctly on the site. Being honest about the materials is important. The dress I had to return because it was sewn very poorly. As for the crop top I bought--it's nice, but the material doesn't warrant the price.

By Dani J.

Go on to. Their customer services and there is a Q and A box, write to them and see. I also received a reply within a couple of days and the sent me one of the items that was missing and resent me one of the items that was damaged ( tiny hole) and didn't even ask me to send the damaged one back! Be careful sizes are smaller than ours. Good luck but I received good service....

By Sha g.

Try tweeting at @Nastygal, @Nastygalhelp, and #Nastygal with your issue and that no one is responding. I finally got a response and my same issue has been "escalated". You have to be firm (and polite) but I was clear I would not accept this "sorry -- nothing we can do" answer. Look for ANY record you may have (order number, email,etc). Also, everyone should file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and FTC!!!!

By Marge W.

OH WOW! That sounds sooooo bizarre! But, I've order at least 10 times from Nasty Gal and I never heard of something like that... Sadly, it might have been like a return item that slipped through the cracks and was sent back out :( But, hey, I'm sure it was just a random fluke.

By Ashley M.
Questions? Get answers from the NastyGal staff and other customers.

13 Photos for NastyGal