Detailed Rating Summary
Special thanks to Benjamin!
I had a package on hold in My Suite for quite a while which then MyUS started charging me daily storage rates. I was a bit upset , but soon realize after talking with Julie that i was my fault that i was being charged storage fees, i should change my default addres to a country that there was no restrictions to export. This was explained to me in the past , but i thought MyUs would do it for me.
I manage to ship the item while talking to Julie and the icing on the cake was by the end of the conversation she mention that she would waiver the already charged storage fees.
MyUs never fails to amaze on the consistency and attention to customer service.
Thank you Julie, thank you MyUS
I used myusa.com because they touted themselves to be experts in international shipping and I had an urgent package to get to my daughter in service in Cambodia. The package was shipped with the address I provided, to a p.o. box, which is the way many government entities receive packages in these security conscious times. It cost a bit of money but they did hurry it out of their facility (I will give them that) but they used a carrier who does not deliver to p.o. Boxes! So the package is still wandering around at DHL in Cambodia. I actually had a CSR at myusa ask if my daughter had transportation and could go to DHL and pick it up. Total lack of awareness about how volunteers in Peace Corps live! There is not even indoor plumbing. And, ironically, the package was SHOES I was sending so that she could at least walk to training and so forth. That is the transportation. I am frustrated beyond belief and 90 dollars poorer, and multiple hours of frustration poorer than that, after hours and hours on the phone. Sorry myusa, major fail.
Myus gave me the opportunity to shop around the world with bargain prices and new items that are not available in my country. MYUS is trustworthy, reliable and what is important their price is the cheapest. I have tried other comapateters and never got such a superb support.
Changed my 1 star to 5, here is why:
i was able to have a very lengthy phone call with the board of directors, as in the CCO Mr Amato today, who was finally a person who had one goal : to fix all this .
which he did.
it turns out that it was not clearly explained that the company is focusing on the ones amongst us who only want to consolidate a few boxes into one shipment, and these overcharges are actually handling fees for these re-packings, and there it certainly is more economical even when such 94$ charges become 138 $ at the end. For many shipment individually would cost so much more to those kind of customers, then on single for 138 $.
He was fully aware that people like myself might only want forwarding of one single box, and since they don't have rates for such simple forwarding, the ones which are for repacking many boxes rates come sadly into play, and that pricing is not of interest to a simple forwarding maneuver .
Mr Amato explained, that in the next 3-6 months his company will launch such services, which will be targeted to simple forwarding of single boxes,a the pricing would be set at a level, that it would become interesting to people like myself.
He also is sending a few people back into training camp, he said, and was all ears to hear what was discussed over email and phone calls. Changes will be made, and this case here will be used as an example for the training inhouse , to learn from.
i will leave my experience live here, also as an example of how these things should be handled by other companies , when we consumers have bad experiences, and that changes to improve are indeed possible as explained above though people like Mr Amaato in this case here :
MyUs.com clearly scams customers with their online , on their website calculator , shipping rates quotes in such a manner, where they must make, when properly calculated , way above the 100 million dollar/per year mark in scammed fraudulent shipping overcharges-profits from overcharging their customers with USPS rates for example.
Also other shipping companies like DHL,UPS and FEDEX l rates accessible outside their company to the public are cheaper then the www.myus.com website calculated rates .
1) Their fraudulent advertisements for cheapest shipping rates, and the subsequent over charges work this way: they are offering shipping rates on their websites, fraudulently stating and claiming they are cheaper then the usual normal publicly offered rates to consumers, when the rates they quote, are an average of 50% to 100% more expensive then the normal rates with USPS for example.
2) Of course having a BBB A+ plus rating (...coming from merely 3 people who voted such an A+ rating on the BBB site..no joke here..just 3 people can make it happen to get an A+ from the Better Business Bureau!!), on their site do not hurt convincing customers this shop is all legit.
3) So their Scam with Shipping rates are easy to see, when you do the following : compare public USPS rates on the public USPS website for a certain weight .
Then you get the quote from www.myus.com website, and for the very same shipping ,you will be showing numbers where you will paying 50%-100% more .
4) When trying to get an answer from this company, you will have to face customer service people who keep on writing about discounts here and there, although you didn't ask for discounts, and statements about discounts (which are none anyways), but for a clear explanation why their www.myus.com calculator charges 50%-100% more for the very same shipping criterias than what USPS website calculator offered to the normal public, you will not get an answer . I tried with 3 calls, and even with an email communication withe the CCO , that is the guy who sits on the board of directors and takes care as the head of the shop when it comes to customers services. similar to a CEO. Amato is his name.
Even himself, who was willing to share his thoughts on this , i have yet to get a plausible answer why they in reality double charge handling fees , hidden in this so called discounted shipping quotes, which are always higher than normal quotes one would get directly from a shopping company. in my case , a test i did, i found that a 19 pound box shipped to switzerland would cost 94.-$ with USPS directly from New York, this is a standard rate!..
But with www.myus.com it would cost me 138,25 $. there are now 46 $ in handling charges incorporated / packed into this very shipping charge, although we already pay a monthly flat rate membership fee charge for all the handling of merely 7 dollars a month with them.
so...lets say i ship 4 of those boxes with them within one single month, they would have overcharged me a 200.-$ amount in shipping charges. Which explains why telephone support people only use words like discount 20 times a minute when you speak to them... i assume they were trained to do this, in the hopes we customer are retarded...LOL
5) if you want to talk to other customer service personal, because you didn't get your query answered in any way shape or form, they will refuse to connect you with a supervisor.
6) Their website is not showing any information on contacting directly the board of directors , CEO, CFO,CCO etc etc are not accessible , of course. But here are a few board of directors email for you guys :
Mr. Guy Amato (Chief Customer Officer) e: email@example.com
Mr. Todd Bills (Chief Operating Officer) e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Neal Cung (CTO) e: email@example.com
7) This is one of the most dubious shops i have ever encountered so far,.
8) I just signed up with them , I have not even done one single shipping yet, and have encountered all these fraudulent situations, fraudulent numbers, fraudulent charges and confrontations already, all pretty much ending in Phantom conversations...
Tip for consumers: Make the effort to actually compare www.USPS.com website with the www.myus.com website calculator, or ask www.myus.com for quotes from usps, then you will experience the same scam . then do the same with other shipping companies ....DHL,FEDEX..etc etc etcAsk akos about MyUS
My customer service agent's name was Cindy. She was very helpful, polite and knowledgeable. She sorted out my problem to my satisfaction and also managed to retain me as a customer! Very happy with her service today.
i contacted myus asking for help, i cant log into my account, it says access denied, Tyler M tried to help me,i cleared my browser cache but still nothing and promised to get back with more info .
i have tried different browsers but still no access, even on my mobile phone.
hope il find help soon
197 Questions & Answers
You can read more about how our services operate here:
MyUS membership fees and shipping costs can be paid with:
-Any major credit card, including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, JCB, Discover and Union Pay
-Debit cards, providing your card provider supports online international transactions.
If you do not have access to any of the payment methods listed above, you may also pay with check, money order, or wire transfer.
Our shipping rates are based on the size and weight of your package, as well as the courier you choose and even your membership type!
You can use our Ship Rate Calculator to estimate shipping costs: http://www.myus.com/en/international-shipping-rates/