US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

marieannad

All the information they have on me is false including the name. (in 25 reviews)

jennifert21

I saw about 50 more people with my same name, date of birth and people that I knew! (in 29 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pa14762
7/22/16

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT ON THEIR LIST- THIS TYPE OF SCAM SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! VERY CONFUSED AS TO HOW TO GET OFF THIS DISTRIBUTION- THE PHONE # IS NOT VALID - I'D LIKE TO FILE A COMPLAINT BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE VALID

tabithad1
7/7/16

I signed up for this carp. At the end after entering my card details I selected the option for a week trial that was supposed to only be $1.00. Long behold after clicking continue with special offer, my card was chard $83 instead of a $1.00. Call customer care to resolve the issue and they refuse to give me my money back. They have their website set to where whatever you click on they will still charge you full year subscription. To anyone.wanting to sign up with this fraudulent scam site turn around now. Your gonna get robbed!!! If they had a option to give them a 0 I would give them a zero!

mrg12
6/11/16

It promises you all info is FREE to view So you click and keep checking all these boxes promising not to misuse the info over and over and it makes you wait thirty f*cking minutes while it slow as h*ll pretend to scan the whole damn internet and then AFTER fifty fake scans it wants your credit card to view!!!!!!! I wasted my life & DATA on this lying cheating SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

margaretd52
6/8/16

Went to website. Intended to sign up for 1 mon. (A one-time- use offer would have been more acceptable).Scrolled down to payment info first and unable to go back to choose plan. Email receipt showed it defaulted to yearly plan. Called customer service within one minute; closed. Called again a few hrs. later. Dissatisfied with the website and not wanting to use this "company," I told rep to cancel my order, which she refused, as my payment is " nonrefundable. " Told her Visa would treat it as fraudulent charge. She then offered to charge for 1 mo. and refund the rest, which I agreed to. She said there will be no more charges. I doubt that. Either way, they make money. Should be able to cancel a service I didn't want. And although the rep was polite and finally negotiated, it would have been nice to speak with someone who speaks English.

debw21
6/5/16

What a joke, they say it's free, then when you finally get thru their "scans" to get to the report, surprise you have to subscribe! That's not all, you sign up for a monthly plan and they charge your credit card for a whole year! At least it only cost me 36 bucks. A lesson I won't forget, please check online first for into on companies that you are interested in. The internet can be a very bad and costly endeavor!

pattic18
5/26/16

It's a scam that says it's FREE - it is not FREE - they charge you at the end if you want the information! I didn't pay and got NOTHING......

doloresd7
5/19/16

Gets you to sign up on the pretense of being able to cancel at any time ,,,,,but will not refund your money ,,,179.00 ,,,,,but you can cancel ,,,no refund ,,,,makes you think your only being charged 14.95 per month and can cancel at anytime ,,,,wrong and dishonest

davidp231
4/27/16

I looked at the info they had on me and determined that some of it is for two men in the city I live in who have the same first and last name as me, but different middle names. Moreover, the information about me is so old that among other things it has the wrong area code, one that ceased to serve my city more than fifteen years ago!

kerstinb2
4/19/16

I thought I would try it for the introductory offer of $9.99 but changed my mind the same day and called and canceled my membership. Now I have a charge for $119 on my visa. I called about it and was put on hold for 30 minutes while they looked for "a recording of the call that I made". I hung up and called back. They said they could offer me one month for $29.99. I told her absolutely not. I told her to cancel my account. She said there was no way to do that. I told her I would report them to the better business bureau. She said they will cancel my account and refund the money. They gave me a confirmation number and said it would be done in 24 hours. It better be refunded to my visa within 24 hours!!! They are HORRIBLE.

dr898
3/10/16

no go away

kristiana1
2/23/16

Watch out people, do not fall into this trap, do not sign up, do not link your name, do nothing, do not pay the $14.95, it's non refundable period....all they do is spam you with 1,000 of emails without your permission, you request to have the stop and they still send them to you. They give you a review and not even the top star review. They don't know you, why would they review you as a person. Really, there are so many of these scam sites on the internet that preys on us to see if we want to find out what is on the internet about us. It said I was on 50 plus websites and I needed to pay $29.99 a month to get them to work on removing them, I'm not paying for something that can't be reversed, once your on a site, your there. The only way you get off of a website is update whatever that information is and change it to something else and then deactivate it so it can have whatever information you want it to say. So don't be fooled, this is another trick to take your hard earned money. I though let me see my own background check, nope more money...i mean it probably would have racked up about a few hundred dollars and you can pay a service $50 period and have one done if you want to find out everything there is, but they can only find out so much. Most people utilize the internet to find stuff on people. For the most part, they had so many people with my same name added to my information that it was just a bunch of junk....

Tip for consumers: They do not have 24 hour support. They only have Monday-Friday service 8:30-5pm PST, be aware and warned before you throw your money away...scary...

mariay12
2/14/16

I have started a petition asking for MyLife to be completely shut down. You can read my story and sign the petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/557/560/063/shut-down-mylife.com-fraudulent-and-deceptive-billing-practices/

I need all the signatures I can get. The letter will be sent out to 19 different places - news media, state representatives and senators, attorney general, and consumer agencies. I am also asking for an in-depth investigation of Jeff Tinsley, CEO.

trishm10
1/22/16

I never gave this company permission to share my personal Information. Than they want to charge you to remove it??
What kind of scam is this??

fauzias
1/9/16

I have been charged $170 for NEVER using their services! I keep getting emails from them telling me there is one man and two women doing background checks on me. To be very honest, I have no reason to worry about my background check because I haven't done anything I wouldn't want others finding out about. I need my money back, please - I'm currently unemployed due to an illness - have mercy on me - I'm already hand to mouth, I cannot afford to be scammed off $170!

kans2
12/14/15

showing out of dates records very upset with the company

kellym125
12/4/15

This site doesn't do anything but take your money. They didn't send or show me anything. All is does is send you to another site to pay again but they are quick to take your money. Make sure to call and cancel

Worst ever, don't know how this site can stay online and scam more people. SAD!!

bradb48
11/16/15

Why do they offer a one dollar trial for 7 days but keep hitting for money for every little result or upgrade. This is a total rip off I advise everyone not to use this. And I want my money back! This is the most fraudulent site I have ever been on. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

Tip for consumers: Stay off total rip of don't let them drag you like me. I'm you're it it. Please take heed.s

peggyw11
11/12/15

How do you take family members that not mine off my name on mylfe. I do not know the people like Germani R Hill, Wanda Lopez Washington?

gingerb6
10/28/15

My life buys personal info. It is a company who is profiting from private info. The info they buy was not provided by the individual to be sold. It solely was to purchase or make inquiry and despite what these sites say they are profiting form your personal details Does Jeffrey tinsley ceo have his home address and phone listed. does any employee of my life list their private addresses and phone number

robertw187
10/17/15

Your ratings are rock bottom so that tells me something isn't right about your company. Will check with BBB also and see what they have to say.

markd112
10/9/15

I don't know who these people are but they put public information up about me and asking me to pay to take it down. They put searches on child-hood friends I want nothing to do with making me out to be some sick stalker, asking me to review people I've not seen in decades. wish everyone at this company would either leave me alone or die in a fire.

colbyr5
10/4/15

This site should be shut down. don't waste your time.

jr125
9/15/15

The dude that operates this site is a total scam artist. Him and his scammers should be removed from the net. He posts things on the net about you so you pay him to remove the crap he posted about you. I tried his service, but with no results. They told me everything would be removed from the net in 4 weeks, and was not. I called them and they told me it actually takes 6 weeks. I waited the other two weeks to give them the benefit of doubt. It still wasn't removed from the web. I called them back and she told me to give them another six weeks. I got sick and tired of being lied to, and insisted on a refund. Actually, I received my refund with no arguments.
This guy rates you a 7.5 when he has no idea who you really are. What a jerk! This site favors liars and scam artists! Years ago they would let people write about their lives and others in it. My x did that crap to me, and tried to make her self look good, but in real life she had her children taken from her for neglect! The net is nothing but a joke when the government lets people like this do what they want! There is no more to say about this kind of crap, except it makes me fell sick to my gut what dirt balls can get away with.

marieannad
6/11/15

For years I was ignoring the threatening emails from MyLife for I was certain it was scam. I am shocked to know that this harmful organization is taken for real and is still functioning. All the information they have on me is false including the name. I have never signed with MyLife and I have never used the name they connect me with. There is no saying how much damage they have already done not only to me, but other people as well.

bobbyj19
5/24/15

Never signed up for it, but the funny thing is they act like they will protect your privacy, but then reveal your location to anyone doing a web search. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell people's information.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MyLife staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
10/10/15
Add your answer
10/10/15
Answer
daver49
A: Newflash - your ISP IT dept wont care neither will your government IT - unfortunately organisations like this thrive due to the obsession with facebook and dire organisations such as that - everyone is desperate to have "friends" the more they have the more their self esteem is boosted. How many people do you know who have 600 "friends" on Facebook and have met none of them.

My Life feeds on this "friends" frenzy - personally I believe if you are dumb enough to sign up to a random site then you deserve to lose your money
10/24/15