Review of MyLife

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maryw265
5/10/17

Complete scam. They should be put out of business. Not sure why they havn't been considering court judgements against them.

suzanb4
5/2/17

Found that the e-mails they send out can't be stopped. Seriously, can't something be done to stop this company? The info they claim to have on me is not even correct.

paulp156
4/6/17

For starters, there are a bunch 0f AKA Names like Eshwane, Pedroza, Pedrazo and what not.. only have Pedrazza and pedraza which are the same and I am restoring my family name.. I don't know where they get their info... only instances, my bank account was hacked back in 2014.. and other info and identity stolen before... I called them to have their Tech support to erase all those AKA names... If they don't , I may file a Lawsuit or go to district attorney to file charges... I want to give this site a chance if they have a proper license.

michaelp298
3/29/17

I signed up for there $1 week trial and all the information they had on me was totally wrong. Plus they say unlimited background searches which is a lie! I called them to complain and was told that the site would take a few days to gather all the information on you. When I checked back they still had nothing. So I called and asked for cancellation and a refund. Which they issued and the two days later they charged me for full membership. So when I called to let them know about it and told them that I was recording the call for my records the lady I was talking to flipped out and said that I'm not allowed to record the call and hung up with on me and that's happened every time since then. Very shady company don't give out any personal information.

paulm389
3/16/17

I am trying to cancel my 2 subscriptions to My Life....and I keep calling ...but they put me on hold forever....so I end up hanging up...as no
one should be placed on hold for 15 min or more

gregh76
2/24/17

I signed up for one month at 14.95. Once i got in to the site, I went to run a background a person. Only to find out, that any report you run is charged to your account. In otherwords, signing up for MyLife gives you nothing. It requires you to pay for any report. I cancelled my subscription immediately. I have turned over their advertised practices to the attorney generals office for fraud. Stay away from them. I lost my 14.95 to a crooked company, stay away from them. Greg H.

johnw608
2/13/17

I signed up thinking I can try it out the first month for $9.99 per month for 12 month. And these freaking people charge my account for the whole 12 month. Who does that kind of crap.? dishonest web site probably all the workers are dishonest them self. Man im so mad at my self for signing up. the information that they had about what i was looking for is nothing like it shows when you want to try it out. Its all a scam you can probably research the information yourself using free sites....... Don't sign up.!!!!

dennish76
12/21/16

Total rip off. signed up for 1 month plan, ran a background report which was filled with errors. Tried to run mine and was taken to another billing page. Tried running another family members report and again taken to another billing page. Called customer support and was told that for another report there would be another charge. Cancelled account and will never use them again. My fault for not reading the users agreement and fine print.

kamichis
11/16/16

You can get more information from spokeo for free than this site. It's got flashy bars and lights that show it's gathering information, with weekly reminders that someone might have accessed your data. All lies and a scam. If you try and cancel online, the cancel button is a sham. The TOS says you still have to call in to confirm you've canceled. Call them here right away if you've used them 888-704-1900.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time. It's clickbait. Offers other sites to click through without warning.

kimw122
11/10/16

I got charged for a service that I didn't even know I subscribed to. I noticed that it said I had 7 days to cancel so stupidly, I waited till the last day and they had already charged me and would not refund.
The services that they provide are lame. I tried to use them since I had paid for it. Not worth having. Total waste of money!

pattyp11
11/10/16

I searched my own name and there were mistakes. It showed at least one address where I never lived at all. There was a huge time gap in their information. I searched my own name so I could gauge their accuracy before I searched for other people. The age was accurate.

janettteb
11/3/16

I did this for 7 days for a $1 and they charged my credit card 45.00 after 5 days. My bank said to order another debit card screwed me all up!!!!!! They claimed it was 7 days. BS and hope no else does this. They never removed inaccurate information. I had 11 pending requests. What a joke. Life lock is suppose to be the legit one. Then they make your register to get more of your infor just to write this review.

maial1
10/29/16

They hijack your personal info and broadcast it online and then extort you into paying them to remove it, and then neglect to remove it at all. Furthermore, they bill far more onto the card than they say they will. Word of advice, dispute the charges with your credit card company, they will place a three way call and you get taken a lot more seriously with them on the line, I got most of the charges removed this way.

normanp15
9/19/16

I signed up for the $1 trial. It took an inordinate amount of time to access the data. Then when checking the supplied results -- it was all outdated.
I called to cancel and found out that the customer service (2 calls same person responded) is located in the Philippines'. When I tried to cancel there were many questions regarding my personal information. They have my name and email along with the credit card that was charged, No need for further information to be given. No satisfaction!!
I then contacted my credit card account and found that I had been charged for 2 accounts and billed for $1 on each ( I only signed up for 1).
Then I noticed 2 charges pending in the amounts of $44.85 for Privacy Pro and $50.85 for something called PPL Search.
My next call was to the credit card's customer service, they contacted MyLife and resulted in my money being refunded and the account at MyLife CANCELLED.
Be aware of this and avoid them, as it appears they are a dishonest and evasive con site.

Tip for consumers: Avoid

sandyn24
9/1/16

Don't get involved with these people. It's a scam. The free trial is not free! They charge your account after 14 days for your supposed free trial. And then charge and ship every month.

christopherv22
8/31/16

I did not ask for a renewal of your services, for that matter, I do not recall ever ordering it, yet I was charged $59 for a non-refundable renewal fee that I do not want nor need. what is the story on your scam? Now the supposed account is blocked.

robertv52
8/10/16

They suck you in with a promise that you'll get more details about someone for free, but after going through multiple screens and registering, etc., you're finally delivered to a screen that forces you to choose between subscription plans. In other words, agree to pay or get zero info. Hey, just be honest at the outset and don't waste our time. Compete on price and service, not on false promises of free services that don't exist!

pa14762
7/22/16

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT ON THEIR LIST- THIS TYPE OF SCAM SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! VERY CONFUSED AS TO HOW TO GET OFF THIS DISTRIBUTION- THE PHONE # IS NOT VALID - I'D LIKE TO FILE A COMPLAINT BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE VALID

tabithad1
7/7/16

I signed up for this carp. At the end after entering my card details I selected the option for a week trial that was supposed to only be $1.00. Long behold after clicking continue with special offer, my card was chard $83 instead of a $1.00. Call customer care to resolve the issue and they refuse to give me my money back. They have their website set to where whatever you click on they will still charge you full year subscription. To anyone.wanting to sign up with this fraudulent scam site turn around now. Your gonna get robbed!!! If they had a option to give them a 0 I would give them a zero!

mrg12
6/11/16

It promises you all info is FREE to view So you click and keep checking all these boxes promising not to misuse the info over and over and it makes you wait thirty f*cking minutes while it slow as h*ll pretend to scan the whole damn internet and then AFTER fifty fake scans it wants your credit card to view!!!!!!! I wasted my life & DATA on this lying cheating SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

margaretd52
6/8/16

Went to website. Intended to sign up for 1 mon. (A one-time- use offer would have been more acceptable).Scrolled down to payment info first and unable to go back to choose plan. Email receipt showed it defaulted to yearly plan. Called customer service within one minute; closed. Called again a few hrs. later. Dissatisfied with the website and not wanting to use this "company," I told rep to cancel my order, which she refused, as my payment is " nonrefundable. " Told her Visa would treat it as fraudulent charge. She then offered to charge for 1 mo. and refund the rest, which I agreed to. She said there will be no more charges. I doubt that. Either way, they make money. Should be able to cancel a service I didn't want. And although the rep was polite and finally negotiated, it would have been nice to speak with someone who speaks English.

debw21
6/5/16

What a joke, they say it's free, then when you finally get thru their "scans" to get to the report, surprise you have to subscribe! That's not all, you sign up for a monthly plan and they charge your credit card for a whole year! At least it only cost me 36 bucks. A lesson I won't forget, please check online first for into on companies that you are interested in. The internet can be a very bad and costly endeavor!

pattic18
5/26/16

It's a scam that says it's FREE - it is not FREE - they charge you at the end if you want the information! I didn't pay and got NOTHING......

doloresd7
5/19/16

Gets you to sign up on the pretense of being able to cancel at any time ,,,,,but will not refund your money ,,,179.00 ,,,,,but you can cancel ,,,no refund ,,,,makes you think your only being charged 14.95 per month and can cancel at anytime ,,,,wrong and dishonest

davidp231
4/27/16

I looked at the info they had on me and determined that some of it is for two men in the city I live in who have the same first and last name as me, but different middle names. Moreover, the information about me is so old that among other things it has the wrong area code, one that ceased to serve my city more than fifteen years ago!

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MyLife staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question