Review of Mpix

Pittsburg, KS 66762
info@mpix.com

juliel117
6/22/17

I ordered a 12x18 print and what I got was printed on thin copy paper. I could have done it on my printer. It wasn't even glossy photo paper. Don't order prints from this place!!!

juliep101
5/18/17

I like MPIX very much; I recently placed an order for a print to be framed 8X10 for my mom-in-law in Raleigh, NC. She received the order in a timely fashion and just loves the touch. MPIX does not have any phone number to contact them about the orders you place on line; but they have email and online form that you can fill, and MPIX responses very quickly with an answer, also provides tracking number of your order to the destination. Anyway, I am very impressed and will give more business to them in the future. Thanks MPEX for your great service.

amyn47
5/10/17

I wanted two pictures matted and framed. I chose Mpix because I was in a rush and they said they could do it in 4 or fewer business days, and because the cost was competitive, better than Shutterfly certainly. I got my prints in ONE business day! (ordered Friday, arrived Monday). Very happy with the quality of the print and frame.

johannaw10
5/9/17

I do not have much knowledge on uploading photos and printing. The original prints arrived and looked great except for one. I contacted the company. Within minutes a representative, Chevel, contacted me and within a short time the improved picture was ordered and on its way to me. The problem was not a fault of the company but in the sizing of the photo file. They treated me with respect and helped me correct the error. Thanks Chevel and MPIX!

lelat2
5/3/17

I ordered some senior pictures and was a bit nervous because I didn't want bad quality. I got a bunch of wallets and some larger sizes and the quality is great! I allowed them to color correct and I had no problems with colors. I also paid extra from luster. I ordered them on Sunday night and today is Wednesday and they just got delivered! Great service, great experience. I plan to order more pictures from them.

chelseaw27
5/3/17

I ordered the same 8x10 prints from my local Walgreens and from Mpix, to see if there really was a quality difference, and OH MY GOD. The difference in quality is ridiculous. I'm a portrait photographer, and I picked up my portrait prints from Walgreens first. Upon seeing them, I almost cried-- they were such a poor representation of my work. The contrast and color was completely off, the skin tones were bright red-- it was a complete and utter mess. I had ordered through Mpix for two-day shipping, and the following day after receiving my Walgreens order, my order from Mpix was sitting on my doorstep-- that is some lightning fast service, and literally no processing time. When I saw the Mpix prints, I had the biggest sigh of relief and validation-- THAT is the way my photos are supposed to look. I will be recommending Mpix from here on out to every single one of my future portrait customers, and will be ordering exclusively from them, myself, here on out.

dj462
4/26/17

I have had very good experiences with Mpix customer service if I had a question during the ordering process, and I have ordered quite a few Standouts and Metal Prints. The quality is outstanding. I noticed on my last order than a 10x10 standout was cropped too severely by the lab, and it really did make the image look odd. Russ took charge and was very proactive in sending me proofs and a final product that was sent to me within 2 days at no charge, with free shipping. The way they wrap for shipping is incredible---the products are very well protected. I've also dealt with Chevelle, and she's great, too. Thanks for helping me look like a great photographer!

dianab79
4/11/17

The quality is good but the app is terrible, and the website not much better..you up,lad and then are told that your cart is empty. Each time I use mix I end up annoyed

ellies29
3/31/17

I received my pictures and I was refunded the extra charge. The pictures were nice and the quality was what I produced to them. I'm impressed with the quality of the pictures. Thank You Mpix

stacys66
3/29/17

Shipping is RIDICULOUS! Will use someone else. They really should just call themselves a shipping company vs. a printing company. They'd be much more competitive if they'd offer shipping incentives, WAY better discounts, etc. Shipping is half or more than items you're ordering.

lisaw242
3/10/17

I ordered some photos of my family. I ordered from 4x6 to 16x20. They shipped quickly and came in perfect condition. I will order again from mpix. Thank you!

carment20
1/27/17

Website was adding double and triple pics as I ordered. I started over and it was fine. Later I had my husband add pics to mine and he paid. 2 days later we received 218 pics (92 extra). I explained to customer service and they said I could be refunded the $ if I return the extra pics on my own dime. They told me it was my responsibility. So, I returned an email stating their customer service is poor and how they lost my business and would never recommend them. I never received an email in return. Their pic quality is fantastic but make sure you double check your order every time before you submit.

aldythf
1/4/17

I ordered a photo book for a Christmas gift. The order and shipping to Canada were done quickly.BUT......at the time of order I was charged $30.00 for shipping and it was added to my order total. Instead of paying their carrier this additional charge MPIX then pockets the money and then the carrier charged another $30.00 for shipping at shipping location. They are trying to tell me it is for duty charges.....THERE IS NO DUTY!!! This is a hidden and dishonest cost to the customer. I will NEVER order from them again! All charges should be upfront for the customer to see and not added AFTER order is placed. Terrible customer service!!

karenh179
12/19/16

I've used this lab on and off for a few years. Recently, every print that I send comes back with some kind of error - either borders are cut off, the print is not centered on the mount, or borders are showing where they shouldn't be. I've had to request do-overs for several prints. I'm done with this lab. Their technicians, who package up the prints, obviously either don't pay attention to what they are doing or don't care about producing horrible work. I will never use them again.

larryw73
12/19/16

Photos stuck in same post office location for 6 days. Customer service says must wait 14 days, before they do anything. Merry Christmas Mpix..

kristenw13
12/16/16

I wanted to create a mini accordion picture book for my mom to carry around with her as she was just diagnosed with cancer. I wasn't sure how it would turn out; some of my pictures were flagged on the site as low quality (but I didn't have any higher res ones so I went ahead and used them).

I selected Expedited Shipping to hopefully get my order before Christmas (placed the order on 12/14 in the morning). To my delight the photo book was shipped the SAME DAY and arrived to me on 12/15!!

I didn't realize that the book covers would have magnets on them either, so I am very pleased with the quality of the product thus far and the prints were fabulous. Even the low-res pictures are still nice! I am very excited to give my mom her gift this Christmas so she can carry around with her pictures of all her happy and motivating moments so she can beat her cancer. Thank you Mpix!

erina42
12/13/16

I placed an order in Sept for simple canvas print. Have never received order. Unwilling to refund my money.

marissaa5
12/9/16

We have always heard wonderful things about this company and finally decided to give it a try for our Christmas cards instead of Shutterfly..... the biggest mistake we could have made. Although the card looked gorgeous online and there were no notifications the resolution of our photo was low, when we received it in person it was very unpleasing . The photo on the card was completely fuzzy. When I contacted the business they stated that although we didn't get notification, the resolution was too low, and the best they could do was try and print the card again on a different type of paper but there wasn't guarantee it would be any better. When I asked for a full refund they stated I needed to return the product, which was completely fine with me, but that I was responsible for shipping. How is this a full refund if I have to pay to return an unacceptable product? This experience was such a disappointment, and to top things off the shipping was way longer than stated on the website. Lesson learned. We are going back to Shutterfly.

el13564
11/25/16

I created a photo book several months ago. The overall image quality was good but the page edges were sticky, which I was not pleased with, but ultimately was not enough to complain for the price I received with a 40% off promo code - I just thought that the page quality was subpar.

Fast forward to now when I ordered another photo book, again with a good promo code, and the book came back with perfect, non-sticky pages. I realized at that point that the first book that I had ordered was completely faulty! When I contacted customer service to reprint my first book, they would only offer a 50% discount - only 10% difference compared to the 40% off promo I had originally used! Customer service was very inflexible in extending any more help - like free shipping - to help soften the blow of paying for a reprint of a book that was defective. I am a loyal customer who has bought photo books, prints, and cards from Mpix, and am very disappointed with the customer service the first time I have encountered a problem with the quality.

lindag158
11/5/16

First it won't let you upload more than 50 pictures. Second it will partially upload your pictures and then it will timeout and you have to start over. Third when you cancel because you know your pictures are not going to upload it recalculates your price which just means it gets stuck on that step and You will not be able to finish your order. Fourth customer service is nonexistent they say they will get back with you in an hour but this is absolutely not true

emilyd50
10/13/16

I've been dealing with this company for a little over a year now, rolling in a little over $300 worth of prints so far, and I cannot say enough about the website. The customer service is amazing. I had an issue with the way one of the photos came out, and by simply contacting their customer support, a new order was expedited to me that same day. Their website is easy to navigate. The prints are cheap, but wonderful quality. I've purchased everything from wallets, 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 16x24- you name it. Great quality, great finishes, and fast shipping also. The ONLY thing I'd recommend, is upon editing your photos for color correcting, do not crop ahead of time. The website will crop for you. Other than that, I'd recommend this company to anyone who does photography professionally, or if you're like me, as a hobby!

carriec36
9/28/16

I ordered pics from them from a wedding. I used a cannon camera and the shots were clear and beautiful. The prints that mpix sent me were dull, out of focus, no true blacks, and the color was off - my blue house looked grey. I wrote to customer service (they have no phone number to call) and they NEVER responded. Don't waste your money or memories.

amys187
9/26/16

I spent so long putting together a wedding album on this sight. Went through over 700 wedding photos and uploaded the ones i wanted to include. Put so much effort and detail to every page only for it to be completely deleted because i didn't order quickly enough. I emailed customer service and all i got was pretty much oh well. I was planning on ordering two of these albums, about 5 canvas prints and a bunch of photo prints. Now i will go back to the company i was previously going to use before going to this site. So disappointing.

sallyw42
9/21/16

Mpix only stores your photos for about 8 weeks before they delete them. They send you one message warning of this and if nothing is ordered then all photos are gone. After having spent many hours uploading photos in anticipation of making a photo book (and not seeing warning as it looked like the other advertising messages they send), I found this quite maddening. It is also very difficult to change the order of the photos in the 'albums' and they don't offer many options for styles of their photos books: mostly fabric covered with paper covers (that are easily damaged). Not a fan. Going back to Snapfish.

jeremiahe4
8/16/16

I had ordered from them before and the pictures and frames looked great. This time my order came in and the frame was put together incorrectly and damaged the frame and photo. I was disappointed and didn't really expect them to do much but I took some pictures of the damage and emailed MPIX customer service. No hassle, they just said we will send you a replacement right away. New one arrived a few days later in perfect condition. Great customer service so I will continue ordering from them.

Helpful answer

The pictures I had developed her professionally taken and I couldn't be happier with the quality. They turned out beautifully. And I got 4x6 all the way to 12x16 developed.

By Jordan R. on 11/18/15
Helpful answer

Loos to me like the preview is wyswyg. (What you see is what you get.)

By Paul B. on 4/3/16
Helpful answer

Hey Mel! Our most popular paper is the Signature Paper. It is one of the thickest papers available, and offers a luxurious, soft texture. Thanks for reaching out!

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep] on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

Hey Sally! Please reach out to our customer service team at customerservice@mpix.com so we can look into the issue with your prints.

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep] on 12/21/15
Helpful answer

Hi there Joanna! Please reach out to our customer service team at customerservice@mpix.com so they can help you complete your order. Thanks!

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep] on 10/27/15
Helpful answer

Elena, I ordered mine on a Sunday and they were delivered that following Friday! I ordered 58 4x6's and 3 8x12's.

By Jordan R. on 8/11/15
Helpful answer

It's really a personal choice and also depends on what you're getting printed. I usually veer away from glossy and choose lustre but that's my preference. I don't like super glossy pictures because of the glare.

By Lauren F. on 4/26/15
Helpful answer

Hey Megan! If the logo is on the preview, it will also be on the card when you order. We do have some cards that do not have the logo, however the majority of the cards will have the Mpix logo on them.

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep] on 3/25/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Mpix staff and other customers.

Mpix?