US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sallyw42
9/21/16

Mpix only stores your photos for about 8 weeks before they delete them. They send you one message warning of this and if nothing is ordered then all photos are gone. After having spent many hours uploading photos in anticipation of making a photo book (and not seeing warning as it looked like the other advertising messages they send), I found this quite maddening. It is also very difficult to change the order of the photos in the 'albums' and they don't offer many options for styles of their photos books: mostly fabric covered with paper covers (that are easily damaged). Not a fan. Going back to Snapfish.

jeremiahe4
8/16/16

I had ordered from them before and the pictures and frames looked great. This time my order came in and the frame was put together incorrectly and damaged the frame and photo. I was disappointed and didn't really expect them to do much but I took some pictures of the damage and emailed MPIX customer service. No hassle, they just said we will send you a replacement right away. New one arrived a few days later in perfect condition. Great customer service so I will continue ordering from them.

mattd68
8/13/16

Placed a duplicate order, noticed on invoice that duplicate is incorrect. Contacted them immediately. I'm then told that once the order is placed, there is nothing they can due. They won't cancel or modify the order. Had to lose personal time to go to the bank to dispute the charge. Provided the bank copy of my original order, duplicate, and email chain with MPIX customer service. I'd love to hear MPIX excuse for charging someone for an incorrect order.

Update 9-12-16:
No customer service response per the business response to my post. It's apparent they don't care, or have any interest in rectifying a problem with their unsatisfied customer.

brookew16
8/13/16

I ordered a 24x36 print which was expensive. Upon receiving it, the picture quality was poor and very grainy. When I contacted customer service, they offered a refund but the return shipping would be at my expense. I have already spent a large amount of money for a bad print and it will cost me more to prove it by shipping it back on my dime. Poor job treating long time customers.

totallya1
7/29/16

I submitted an order for 8 x 10 prints and on the same day notified them that I had made a mistake and requested a larger size. They didn't get back to me until mid-day the next day and said they couldn't do anything to help me. $250 wasted.

annar98
7/21/16

I ordered some 8 x 10 and some 5 x 7 photos to frame and enter in photography contests and selected NOT to have them retouch my photos because I didn't want them to be messed with. Little did I know that if you don't ask them to "retouch" them, they will be horribly dark... I can get better quality prints at Walmart, which is what I'm going to end up doing now since I don't want to risk not having them here in time from another online source. If you're in competition with your photos, don't print them at mpix.

Tip for consumers: If you decide to use mpix, select the retouch option unless you want your photos to look like they have a dark grey filter over them..

hollym40
7/11/16

Pros:
1. Competitive prices
2. Quality definitely much better than, say, Shutterfly

Cons:
1. Production and shipping time seem longer than other companies I've used
2. Prints always arrive later than the estimated arrival date
3. Their site isn't the most user friendly.
4. BIGGEST CON: I've given Mpix 3 chances because of the quality for the price, but their packaging is awful. 2 out of the 3 times I've ordered from them, I've received photos that were bent. I would consider using them again only for small 4x6 prints for my own use. I will not use them again for larger prints or for professional prints that I provide clients.

katiea25
6/21/16

I ordered some picture books for my mom, the pictures were from my wedding and she was so excited to get them. When they were set for delivery they did not show up at her house and she was heartbroken thinking that someone had stole them. She contacted UPS and they said it would take 8-10 days to "look in" to the issue. That pretty much told us that they weren't going to do anything. I contacted Mpix and without question they said they would immediately reprint and send new books as soon as possible! I was thrilled. It turns out that the original books showed up at my mom's house, they were delivered to the wrong house on the wrong street....I guess UPS has trouble reading addresses. I cancelled the new order, but thank you so much for the excellent customer service and quick response!

stephf10
6/19/16

This was the worst quality and service I've ever experienced. I ordered two 20x30 wedding photos. The shipment came and the pictures were creased down the middle. I was very surprised.. So we had them redone. The second batch came and the picture was literally taped with a corner folded down causing one of the prints to rip! I can't make this up. When I contacted them I asked for someone to call me directly to discuss and requested a discount on now the third order. They refused saying they don't offer customer service via phone and also refused any discount- they tried saying the taped corner damage was damage as a result of shipping.

I wish I could attach the photos to this review so you could see the clear damage...NEVER use Mpix. Quality is horrible and they have no customer service

barbm21
6/5/16

Fantastic customer service. I ordered a canvas of a favorite family photo and made the mistake of having it wrapped which caused too much of the image to be lost. I was disappointed with the result--which was totally my ordering mistake. Mpix not only told me how to order properly...they redid the canvas at no cost to me. It turned out exactly the way I hoped it would--and was on my doorstep within 2 days. I will be using mpix for all of my photo printing needs.

chadt14
3/23/16

I agree completely with Cynithia's review below. I've been using Mpix for many years and have been happy overall with just a few hiccups. 2 weeks ago I placed the largest order I have ever placed (about $800 worth of wall prints). The prints came out inconsistent and not what I ordered. I had very specific proof that it was not my photos but their printing but still they kept trying to put the blame on me even though the proof was irrefutable. Not once did they say "sorry" or apologize for anything. Like Cynthia I hate to agree that if everything works out they are great, but when there is a problem they ultimately fail at helping you resolve it. At this point I have sent back the prints after hounding them for a couple days and been waiting a week with no response from them at all. Way to treat your longtime customers Mpix!
Update - thank you for your reply Matt. And thank you for trying to be understanding of the situation, sometimes that is all that a customer wants. Thanks again.

cynthiak19
3/21/16

I use to love Mpix. I have some amazing photos in my house by going through Mpix. This past week
Is the second time in about two years that I received picture that were not what I paid for. When I tried to get a refund I was basically told to pound sand. They want me to jump through hoops and even pay to have the photos sent back to them. As long as your picture turns out good, then they are good. If they mess up your pictures your in for a long battle to get your money back. Very poor customer service!

whitneys22
3/12/16

I created our wedding photo album with mpix and I WILL be coming back for more. It took me a while to layout all the photos (perfectionist' curse) but from the time I order it to the time it was delivered was barely over 2 days. INCREDIBLE quality of paper and prints and the overall book. I will be recommending mpix.com to all my newlywed friends!

paulb237
3/7/16

Excellent work. Also, the prices are easy on the wallet.

tonyaw10
2/5/16

I ordered some buttons for my son's last home game and they came out great!! I ordered them Wednesday night and had them shipped overnight (found a free shipping code) got them Thursday with no issues! I will be using them again!

lisel7
1/31/16

The pictures are always of pristine quality, arrive promptly, and very carefully packaged. I have nothing but good things to say about Mpix!

shanec37
1/14/16

ordered my wedding photos from mpix and I am very disappointed in their service. Not only were several of my photos cut off but one particular photo that was a little revealing of my wife getting ready was missing from our photos when we got them. I contacted customer service, via email because they didn't have a phone number listed, and the customer service agent, Tom, was extremely condescending and absolutely refused to take responsibility. He kept insisting that the particular photo was never ordered. When I logged back onto the website, sure enough the photo was on there. I wouldn't have uploaded it to the site if I weren't planning to order it. I also clicked "select all" when ordering so I know it was definitely ordered. I went back in forth with Tom several times but he never offered to fix the problem. I will never use this company again.

nicholasb33
12/24/15

I've placed 4 orders with Mpix over the past 2-3 years. Mpix sent me the wrong person's photos on 2 of those for orders.

I recently placed an order for a framed print for a christmas present for a parent. I received the order around 3 days later only to find a giant framed print of some guy's wife and kids--complete with the person's name and address clearly marked on the inside packing.

I frantically tried to contact Mpix (concerned that my print would not arrive in time for christmas) only to find that Mpix does not offer phone support. In fact, they only offer email-based support to save money. Mpix failed to my emails over the next few days but did sent a replacement print overnight.

I received the correct replacement framed print only to find that the white border I selected for the print were missing on 3 of the 4 sides of the print. To add insult to injury, there was a crooked white border visible on the bottom of the print. I'm not sure how anyone could possible have missed such a blatantly obvious quality control issue. I can only assume that they dont have any type of final quality control checks for their framing services.

TLDR: Mpix sent me the wrong person's prints on 2 of my last 4 orders. They ruined a christmas present by shipping a replacement framed print with crooked borders

sallyw26
12/21/15

I did a lot of research in trying to find a new company from which to order 4 by 6 prints, read many reviews, and MPIX sounded like a good one to try. I have 100's of pictures taken on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to New York City, all of which are of high quality and taken with my excellent camera, but wanted to test the waters before jumping into the deep end. Having read all the fine print regarding the company's "Color Correction" option .... including the fact that it is to some degree subjective and dependent on the way a certain person perceives an image, I decided to start by ordering the same 20 prints with and without this option and then make a decision on how to order the rest. Okay first the (only) good thing .... turnaround time was good. (They came by USPS.) And now on to the rest. In the middle of our bad weather season, right before Christmas when a huge amount of mail is being handled, my prints came in rather flimsy cardboard mailers without any indication on the outside that photos were enclosed, "Do Not Bend", or anything to that end. Inside they was no piece of cardboard to protect the photos, and when I tried to removed one set from the mailer I discovered that it was literally "crammed" in to such an extent that many of that set were "bent". There is no way that this damage could have happened without someone having handled the prints very roughly when they put them into the mailer. Next I noticed that there was no indication of which set of prints had been "Color Corrected", but for one brief moment I believed that this should become very obvious in no time .... not so at all! In both sets of prints there are ones where the quality is absolutely horrible and in no way reflects the quality of the photos I took of a vibrant, very colorful Times Square. In both sets there are some that are ridiculously dark, some that are blurry, some strangely colored. Bottom line .... WHAT A MESS!! I don't even know where to begin in dealing with it, but I can't even imagine using MPIX to print my very precious photos.

janes124
10/30/15

Amazing! You actually get to communicate with humans. And they treated us great!

colinr15
10/26/15

They have a horrible film development policy and they're way over priced. Just support your local photo shop, this place has no clue what they're doing and it's a total rip off.

amyu1
10/21/15

I've used Mpix for a few years and have loved the quality of their prints, cards and canvases. Today, I rushed through an order for our Christmas cards because there was a sale expiring. But I uploaded the wrong file. I didn't even realize until after the 30 minutes you have to cancel your order. I emailed customer service, not expecting much because it was my own error. I received an email within minutes and they happily swapped the photos.

daniela137
8/12/15

I have ordered images from most of the online services, and MPIX quality is, in my opinion, the best that I have found. I only use the metallic paper with the luster finish for my prints, so I wouldn't be able to comment on the economy printing. The price is very fair in my opinion, not the cheapest, but cheaper than you would expect for the quality. I am a semi-professional photographer and do all of my own post processing, so I am not really interested in a lot of features on their website. I guess I can see how some people might not be completely satisfied with the site, as it is not as intuitive as some sites, but for my purposes it is easy to upload images and purchase prints.

In a nutshell, my review is based, not upon the website, but upon the quality of the work that they do as well as the turnaround time. To be able to place an order on Monday and get the images on Wednesday morning is fantastic. With expedited shipping at $12.59 I don't see how anyone could complain about that. I would not hesitate to recommend them to my closest friends and family...

jordanr26
7/26/15

I am that person that has to do research on multiple companies before I pull the trigger, on anything really. It was nothing short of that when trying to choose a company to print my professionally taken family pictures. I went to Walmart to have a few printed to see if the color would stay true, definitely not. They turned out dark, grainy and colors were extremely dull. I ended up only keeping 3 out of 18 printed pictures! So then after hearing from a couple friends having used ShutterFly and SnapFish I turned my research to those. There were horrible reviews for both, which obviously turned me away. I started asking friends on FaceBook and someone mentioned MPix, so I checked the reviews. They were significantly better than ShutterFly or SnapFish. So I ordered!
I got 55 4x6's and 2 8x12's. I had them color correct them and they were perfect! I paid $31.36 shipped. Their shipping was surprisingly quick! i ordered them late Sunday evening and received them that Friday.
So, if you're like me and looking for reviews to help you make your decision? Look no further. Order from MPix.com! You will not be disappointed!

jordanb41
6/18/15

I am a professional photographer that has used Mpix a lot in the past and had mostly good results, but 3-4 times I have had to get reprints because of a mistake that should have been caught. Mostly recently, there was some sort of goop on my photos. The way they were packed also ruined the photos because the tape was put on the front of the photos instead of the back. This caused some of the tape to leave residue on the image and in another case pealed off part of the photo. When I contacted their customer service there was no apology, instead I felt accused. I have been a customer of theirs for 5 years and only a few times have had to get a reprint. And still they took the position of guilty until proven innocent. After about 10 emails I finally had to ask for a supervisor and had to ASK FOR AN APOLOGY. Who has to ask a customer service agent for an apology. Ridiculous.

I really expect far more from the Miller Lab (Mpix). I'll be looking for another company to use moving forward.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Mpix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question