US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

shannono13
11/21/16

Omg this site is a big fat fraud I made purchase on beginning of October and did not receive the item at all already November still did not receive it so I contacted my bank and they refunded me instead my bank not btr now I'm warning all my facebook friends of this website and don't waist your money or time I work hard for my money and don't deserve this I rather go to Nordstrom rack or Burlington coat factory ,Ross , zulilu.com or Amazon .com then this bull$#*! scam totally

celiag3
4/10/16

I loved your website and all of the wonderful bargains that I received for monies spent. Are you opening another site? I have been checking for months to see if your site was up and running again, however, when I typed in your company's name, it stated that site cannot be found. Regardless of the negative responses that I have seen on the Internet, I never had any problems with Modnique. I would LOVE for you to reopen your website again.

joanya
12/12/15

When is the US government going to shut this site down for good. Modnique is nothing but fraud, a company that scams the hard working average person of his/her hard earned money. They are just like any other thieves out there. I placed an order a year ago. They accepted the order, took the money and never shipped the goods. I requested a return for another item I purchased from them. I received the RMA number and shipped the item back. They accepted the return and shut down their site a couple of days later. I only found out about their bankruptcy by googling them when I couldn't reach them. Please shut this company down for good. The government has an obligation for doing so.

snertf
11/22/15

I ordered a lovely jacket by Buffalo, and although it arrived in good time, it arrived with the anti-theft device still attached and it cannot be removed without destroying the jacket.
I received no solution from their HELP line. No RMA, no offer of exchange, nada, niet!

kathleenc23
5/25/15

I ordered a bag and never received it because when they closed for a few months there was no customer service when they reopened the same guy told me too bad they don't have to give credits from before their chapter 11 sales

carolm83
5/17/15

At first prices were excellent, shipping was too, good service, great free return policy to Canada Then everything changed!! The prices skyrocketed, the shipping was taking on average one month or more, the customer service was non existent and no more free returns I once received a shipment of boots advertised as leather which were most obviously not I had to pay over $70 to ship them back! On average received at least one item per order that was either wrong or damaged I will never shop at Modnique again and would certainly not recommend it to anyone

brandin1
4/17/15

I ordered a coach bag at a great price. I got it a week later. It is exactly what I ordered. Just beautiful! I love it. Couldn't be happier

lanaf1
3/23/15

I RECEIVED JEWELRY AND RETURNED PART OF IT AND RECEIVED A STORE CREDIT. AFTER CHANGING OWNER, THEY ERASED MY ONLINE ACCOUNT AND STOLE MY STORE CREDIT OF ALMOST $350 WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ME OR GIVE ME A DEADLINE TO USE IT! I AM SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT RIPPED OFF THAT WAY, AS MODNIQUE DOES NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! FILING COMPLAINT WITH THE TO FTC!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE MODNIQUE!!!!

kamim2
3/10/15

THEY KEEP CLOSING AND REOPENING AND SCAMMING MONEY, I RETURNED A ROLEX WATCH AND A LV BAG, I HAD TO TAKE STORY CREDIT FOR THE LV BAG. BECAUSE OF THEIR POLICY. THE NEXT TIME I TRIED TO SHOP THE SITE WAS CLOSED DOWN. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TRUST AT ALL

debin
2/12/15

Modnique.com and/or Torreycommerce.com told me that 2 matching light fixtures of the order of 3 (not matching), which I placed on Dec. 2 2014 were backordered til 1st week of Feb 2015. I said I'd wait for them. By Feb 5th, two hadn't arrived, so I emailed them and said I never even received a Tracking # let alone the items. They gave me their excuses by email and then said they were backordered till 3/16/2015! I then became suspicious so I started shopping around for the exact same product and they told me this item was completely discontinued. I immediately informed Modnique.com and they gave me this resolution. They told me to find several fixtures similar in styles and price so they'd be able to ask the vendor to work with me on prices because of the whole ordeal they put me through. I had to cancel my contractor which I hired to install the items on a certain date, etc. So I spent hours finding fixtures in those price ranges and have it meet all of my needs. Original price was $220.00 for $55.00 each. I buy from flash sale sites all the time, this is what they do, slash the prices. Well, it was a waste of my time because Laura O. gave me a special 10% off coupon code the very next day. I don't think she ever called the vendors. I have been a buyer and manager of several retail stores for 20 years, so I know these types of business practice. I have been buying on these flash sale sites for years and if there was ever a problem like this the vendor always absorbed the cost on another item and made it right. I've asked my other flash sale site about my situation and they said this scam it's a very real problem and gives them a bad reputation, where you buy at a low price and then they tell you a month later that's it's backordered/discontinued and they of course have nothing comparable in that price range, just to get you to buy something much more expensive. I gave this company many chance's to resolve this issue. I have saved every email exchange.

Tip for consumers: Don't use!

lanaa5
1/19/15

I hate the new site. I can't find anything! Lost me as a customer!

bryanc37
1/18/15

The NEW MODNIQUE SUCKS... They are totally off. The old Modnique was better.They lost me as a customer.

laurah55
12/8/14

Modnique service is a nightmare; they promised a refund to my credit card on three different emails and did not honor it and then Diana T promised a credit and 'GUESS WHAT' no credit. Than they went out-of-business and are now starting again. Beware buyer. Their products are wrong sizes and some handbags are not leather and appear to be used. I have emailed and called and no response. They have lied to me and taken my money. Please check out other reviews and it will confirm what I am saying is true.

Tip for consumers: Modnique went out-of-business months ago after they scammed the buyers and now they are attempting to scam you again. They do not return your money as promised or even honor their store credits. Items are wrong colors, sizes and / or appear to be used.

coletteg
11/28/14

Placed a purchase on 7/4/2014, for $99.93, never received anything, never got any email, they are now back on line, they must be a bogus site attracting customers money, just to steal it, they have no intention to make any delivery

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them, they are dangerous thieves!

mariaf23
11/16/14

Old modnique was great until I bought two items at the beginning of summer 2014. As it was mentioned before, I never received the item and their phone was off and website is down. Good thing I paid with my credit card, so I got my money back! But regardless, I am not going to trust a new Modnique website/company...

teram1
11/16/14

I really miss the old good site Modnique, as they had some great brands, europena and other international brands at very good prices. The price/value.ratio was very good, meaning you could find very good deals also comparing prices for the same items with those of other sites.
I've been a customer from November 2013 till June 2014,
The only bad thing is that they were forced to file for bankruptcy on July 2014.
Now the new site, except for the name, has nothing else to do with the old Modnique. It doesn't offer international shipping, it has merely half of the brand Modnique used to offer. Definitely one cannot find any good deal any more.

Tip for consumers: The detailed ratings above are for the old site of Modnique

innat
11/10/14

The new Modnique is so disappointing. It is nothing to see, no good deals, nothing. I miss the old Modnique so much.

theamm
10/31/14

I've been a customer from November 2013 till June 2014,

Tip for consumers: The detailed ratings refer to the old Modnique site prior July 2014, and the Overall rating refers the new Modnique.com after July 2014.

fod1
10/22/14

I feel bad the company is going bankrupt, as they had some great stuff for very good prices compared to sites like Gilt, etc which are expensive.
I had not read reviews/news, and ordered 2 boots from them(for a real good price!) 2-3 weeks back and they were delivered in about 10days! I am very happy with 1 pair, but the other is uncomfy, but dont wana risk returning it and not getting the credit! confused what to do.

sarahw69
10/13/14

I bought numerous items last year for Christmas gifts and loved everything I received. They had amazing deals, great selection, fair shipping costs and good quality items. I will no longer purchase anything from the site since it has been taken over. Every single review I've read is horrible! Shipping costs to Canada are crazy and the selection is poor. Sad that something so good is now so defunct

chrisp89
9/30/14

$73 for postage and handling for a pair of shoes to Australia!! WHAT A JOKE

The old site only charged $15 for P&H and this wants to charge $73?! Come off it

anitao2
9/15/14

Never ever shop with them!
Lost over 1000 dollars - can't even get in contact with them since the email and phone has been disconnected!

Tip for consumers: Biggest fraud ever!

adriennew5
9/9/14

I would like to know if we can do a class law suit against this company....out of $1600.

Tip for consumers: Did not use

tanyar9
9/6/14

I had no problem with them before but recently I was waiting for my order and it never came. So, I wanted to check and I could not login to my account and then I see a note orders that made in July through August not our problem we can't help you with them....I will never shop there again.

davidd106
9/5/14

Never had a problem with them, had good customer service when returning an item or cancelling until I placed an order on June and never received it, their website stated under construction but they failed to mention the fact that they were going bankrupt, the way I found out was online on a website, now they launched a new website recently but I'm not going to purchase from modnique again.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Modnique staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
carolm83
Carol M.
A: Dear Desiree
First of all I am sorry this happened to you. So unfortunate. I would say your chances of getting your ring or your money back are slim to none. If I were you I would contact The Better Business Bureau with a formal complaint. If Modnique does not respond to The BBB that goes on their record. (Not that they care anyways) Then I would write a letter to the company conveying your displeasure. Make sure to tell them that you will be telling your tale on every social media venue available as well as telling everyone you know personally. Next do exactly that Email the company as well at least once a week with your complaint. And keep track of all correspondence. In closing please be aware that Von Vonnie did exactly what Modnique did to you, to me. Watch out for those guys, they are also thieves. Good luck!!
on 10/10/15