US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ultimasoulnix-
12/10/13

this website and software is a virus stay away from it! it is a scam and it will want you to pay alot Just like the other scam i heard about My"clean"pc they are both just viruses and i would recommend you to just get ccleaner or malwarebytes Dont Get Anything else!

warrene5
4,455 helpful votes
11/23/13

stay away and don't install this software.

Go to google.com and type either of these
+Doublemyspeed.com +scam
+maxmyspeed.com +scam
in the search box:

(leave the plus symbols, they make sure those keywords are included in the search)

In this case over 10,000 results, and lots of bad reviews!

"DoubleMySpeed.com Scam"

DoubleMySpeed.com Review - YouTube scam

UPDATED: Beware of MyCleanPC.com and DoubleMySpeed.com

Is doublemyspeed.com a safe download? - Microsoft Community
"Beware of MyCleanPC.com and DoubleMySpeed.com"

chaseb15
11/23/13

QUACKERY!!! I knew there was something fishy about this company when I had to call a different number to get an "activation code". Not only that, an old lady reading a script tried to get me to buy some BS tech service for $199 then just dropped it to $99 after I didn't "sound" interested. I was NEVER interested, I just wanted to see if $19.99 would actually make my computer faster. LoL From the fake scan screens they put on your computer to make you think you have a lot wrong to the lady's fake reactions when I told her how many errors showed up on my screen. Geez, I can't even believe I let her talk that long. I didn't really feel like being rude to an old lady so I let her finish her shotty pitch and immediately uninstalled the 2 programs and called to cancel the service. My advice to you, is not sign up if you get to read this first and if you've already signed up, don't ask for the $19.99 back or he'll make your life miserable. Then, of course, save the cancellation email they send you.

brianm73
10/29/13

Same company as "mycleanpc.com". Same scam! STAY AWAY! Steals from people who do NOT know any better! Take your computer somewhere you can talk to someone face to face or buy another computer! All the money that they will swindle from you-your better off buying a new pc literally!

jambulingaml
10/27/13

the best site to have for all information on online speed

davet22
7/10/13

The initial "FREE" exam allows them access to your credit card number. Believe me they will find that very useful after they start charging you every month for their services. Of course you did not order those services but they do not care. I am constantly calling my credit card company to reverse the charges and regularly, they reappear. I finally changed my credit card number to stop them. These people are doing this legally, but morally wrong. They must be penalized for the ripoff they are giving to ordinary people. I will use the means available to stop them.

jonl28
7/8/13

I was charged 470.58 for a one year renewal. IT WAS DONE AUTOMATICALLY, WITCH I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE!!!! If you have this program keep close watch on your bank statement. They will try to cheat you!!!!!

jennyt7
11/17/12

stupid

mt18
11/5/12

We used it for our home computer, and their live tech support was terrific. Cleaned up our computer, and it's running much faster now.

yvonnen
10/2/12

This company will take a big sh*t on your computer's OS and then offer to wipe it up. They of course keep their own malware on your PC so that they at any time can claim there is a problem so they can charge you more money.

davidb85
8/2/12

I have been scammed by this company - at least that is my perception. I had dbl my speed (which worked great) and time came up to renew. When I clicked the renew button, somehow maxmyspeed page kept coming up vs dbl my speed - somehow I got renewal charges on both now - $39.99! Max my speed is SUPER slow - takes a good 20 min to scan and do a clean up, where as dbl my speed was just a few minutes. Not sure how this bait and switch happened and I will contact whomever regulates this...but now I have to make more calls or send emails to get this rectified. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND MAXMYSPEED.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fredc8
4/10/12

Immediately after they finished with my machine I began receiving spam, so much so that my ISP shut down my email.This company will "scan" your files but I suspect they are actually down loading them. They will try to sell you a monthly service and about all that is done for your computer is a standard defrag. I would suggest changing passwords if you have let them into your machine. For this "service" you will be billed $39.95. I strongly suspect fraud and phishing are the real goals of this "company".

karlb2
3/19/12

I loaded the trial program to scan my computer and it said I had 37,000 errors! How can you trust a whopper like that? If they had said a reasonable number I might have believed it. I passed over it without buying - apparently they believe that the bigger the lie, the better.

jaydak
1/12/12

You guys totally rock! I was watching the commercial and since my computer was running slow, I decided to check it out. As it was downloading to my computer, I noticed that it said "CyberDefender" and got curious, so I opened a separate window and typed in "maxmyspeed complaints" and found this place. I immediately stopped the download and used CCleaner instead. Thank you for keeping me from a big headache!

jonathang3
11/21/11

BEWARE of sites like these advertised on TV. I've been dealing with unfortunate people who has tried these fraudulent softwares that are the problems to begin with.

kylel4
7/21/11

I purchased the 2 yr program where their tech can fix any problem on your computer. Well they can't and actually made my computer worse. When i asked for a full refund they told me i wansn't elligible although the site says full refund within 30 days. Now, after several months of being paid in full they charged me $173 saying i hadn't paid. They are not a credible company. Please stay away from them

carterb
7/8/11

Your site is fantastic. Your employee, Harry - badge # 25266, was most courteous when I called in for help. Even though his information was not what I wanted to hear (that my computer is almost defunct) his judgement and expertise were most helpful in my decision making. Great work all around!!! Carter Boardman

tommyd1
4/27/11

This is the bait and switch scam. Start with $29 and end up with $300. I paid and it did not help. I demanded my money back and they said they would credit my account, still waiting to confirm. Don't use this site, it sucks.

jayc14
4/24/11

I checked out the free scan for a friend with a slow computer.
On all subsequent boot ups - I get the ad.
Worse... I fly MS Flight Simulator-X.
This thing just pops up in the middle of a flight... and bye-bye flight.
Worse even more... try to uninstall.
Box pops up saying it's running... do you want to stop it to de-install ?
Nothing.
Found out the computer goes in to a loop.
50% CPU to a task called KILL..somrthing.
Right click on that on Task Manager and End Process...
Finally,... GONE !

kenneths3
4/22/11

don't know

johnh46
4/20/11

Nothing less then a switch and bait promotion Installed this so called free trial program only to find out that its impossible to REMOVE.

After 6 E Mails three calls with some half assed direction almost 50% done now I am getting bombarded with POP UPS and adversiment NOW ABSOLUTELY FREE

My computer is slower then ever and pray GOD that once again I can get it back where it was before.

angeloc1
4/4/11

Bought into program for my personal PC. 2 days later I couldn't open any internet connections. Called tech help. They got in and said that I had a MALWARE virus.
I didn't have it 2 days ago. They want $250.00 to fix it. I think they put it there.
I had a local guy come in a reload my system for $100.00. Works great now.
Stay away from maxmyspeed.

shawne1
3/26/11

I love how the paid actors state how their computers are 100% more secure and twice as fast now. If they were ignorant enough to buy this product then how in the hell would they know if it was 100% more secure or twice as fast as it was before buying MaxMySpeed?

This product is just like how an unethical mechanic would make money off of unsuspecting or ignorant car owner. They find problems that really aren't problems and drum up the total risks found. Just because your windshield wiper is a few days old doesn't mean you need to replace it! Just because your car has a few waterspots on it and some road dust doesn't mean it needs a claybar treatment, hand washed, and hand waxed for $250.00. Following me???

I have a degree in computer science from Millersville University (in Lancaster, PA) and have been in the web development and software design industry for 6 years. I have been repairing and upgrading computers for 11 years. I made a living off of fixing windows 98 and windows XP systems while going to college. I know what I'm talking about.

This is a waste of money! Take some time to look into AVG. It is free and easy to install and configure. If you can't do it, just ask any teenager with a smartphone to help you. Kids today are brilliant with computers and they all could use an extra $20 tip for helping you out! Or, email your local university's computer science or technology department. They often post the emails to the students and love assisting their communities for FREE! Good luck!

Shawn Englerth
www.tidalpages.com
www.tidalcoders.com

jims24
3/17/11

They lead you to beieve they will clean your computer for free. They load their program on your computer, put icons on your desktop, scan your computer, then give you a bill to pay to fix anything. Waste of time.

leos1
3/6/11

it helps me a lot to speed up my computer..

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Maxmyspeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
tomc26
Tom C.
on 10/21/12
Answer
bobbyk
Bobby K.
A: What website is ccleaner from? Are there upgrades or is the entire product free? thanks for that information!
on 4/18/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Maxmyspeed staff and other customers.

Maxmyspeed?