Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

China Wholesale, Clothing, Wholesale Clothing
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

herberth25
8/4/17

I am very pleased with this purchase. It was just what I expected. The fit was very good and the delivery was on-time.

lilan5
8/4/17

Comprei uma espada para um cosplay, veio perfeita,todos os detalhes igual o anime,super indico o Lightinthebox, chegou em 41 dias no Brasil.

seebf
8/4/17

rien a redire service client compétent et vêtement sympa a pas cher et de bonne qualité pour la chine

samelap
8/4/17

I bought a hand spinner and I admit I wasn't even expecting it to arrive because of my experiences with Chinese websites.... I bought it and it was cheap, so I wasn't waiting for it to arrive. But surprisingly, after less than a month it arrived! I hadn't paid the transportation and it arrived. Congratulations!

ostia
8/4/17

Perfetto.valido ben fatto ottima fattura.ottimo servizio.consiglio a tutti.speciale incredibile.validissimo perfetto ottimo

ruteg
8/4/17

Lightinthebox is a great company to buy cheap clothes with good quality. I already bouhgt a lot of clothes and I love it. Good fabric, shipped in time, fits perfectly and very pretty.Very good service. Once I bought a t-shirt and it never arrived. They send me another with no charge at all. This one never arrived either. They refund me. Best company of this kind.

Tip for consumers: Always read the description of the product.

elenac33
8/4/17

He pedido dos veces zapatos y han llegado bien en unis 15 días. Lo único es que no aceptan devoluciones si te equivocas de talla y que las traduciones al español cuando contactas con ellos es dificil entenderlas.

tiagog6
8/4/17

I already bought some items on lightinbox and it's all good, prices, quality, deliver.
Great job at all.
For sure i will buy more items on this company.

alexeyp13
8/4/17

Despite the large number of negative reviews on this store, I have not had any problems yet. In this store there are excellent prices for electronics. While only one problem is disturbing, always a very long delivery.

ashishb9
8/4/17

By far the worst customer experience ever !!
I ordered MI3 smart watch , clearly stated delivered with in 4-10 working days, paid the money.
Later they said it will be delivered after ONE MONTH !!!
Deletes tickets raise to them , don't respond properly !! No credibility no responsibility , THEY ARE FOOLING CUSTOMERS

susanb301
8/3/17

They suck! Don't order from this company! And they delete bad reviews from their website - lesson learned - don't just read the reviews on a website promoting itself.

jens351
8/3/17

This is a terrible company - they shipped only part of my order, I paid extra for duty and shipping insurance. I had to pay duty upon delivery, granted they did reimburse me after a month.

However, the jewlery that came, is children's sized, I know sizes are smaller in Asia, but these sizes are ridiculously smaller. Clothing, generally on Amazon, you would order 2 sizes bigger to account for the difference in sizes from Asia to North America. Here, no word of a lie, it is 5 size difference. Quality is terrible.

I did order a wedding bouquet, that was the only thing nice that came. I regret spending $200 with this company.

On top of it, 2 of my items shipped separately. All was supposed to ship in 2-4 business days - did not. The 2 items (1 was custom for my wedding) shipped May 23rd, Now August 3rd, still no parcel. Not only did I pay for expedited shipping and didn't get it, but they didn't even put a signature required type of delivery. They could have ended up anywhere. I have been fighting them for a credit on my Visa for these 2 items only they just keep saying, if they show up, return them to us then you get a credit! I am now asking the bank to intervene to try to recoup my money.

BUY FROM AMAZON, NOT LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH!

**UPDATE After posting this review - Light in the Box offered to refund me only partial of what I didn't receive, but I must change my review to a positive review. I had already been in the process of disputing the charge with my bank and my bank has now refunded my Visa the amount that I lost on the portion of this order not received. Very poor customer service if they only act upon a public on line review. I had tried since May to resolve with them directly to no avail...my original review stands.

janeh92
8/3/17

Bought shoes described as white leather. They arrived and are the cheapest cream plastic that I have ever smelled or seen!!!! The size was really small.... they wanted me to return them to Poland from England. No mention of repaying me the postage costs and they did not mention refunding the original postage costs. Absolutely disgusting that they can sell such junk and claim that they were worth £70.....

marcinb6
8/3/17

Everything was great ! I recommend you LigthInTheBox to order anything you need. Contact with Customer Service is really good.

nanciem
8/3/17

Paid for expedited shipping promised 2-3 days still have not received and I want to cancel my order and they say it will cost me half of the total ($150.00). Online stated items were in stock and now telling me they are custom orders.

judyc23
8/3/17
• Updated review

I received an email from LightInTheBox asking if they reimbursed me would I remove my review from Sitejabber. I told them absolutely not. I want people to know what and who they are buying from before spending their hard earned money on ANYTHING from them. I even read where one website was asked to stop taking reviews because of the many negative reviews. It could have been Consumer Affairs, but I am not quite sure. And the reason I say it may be them, I complied a review with pictures regarding this same incident, I could never get the review to post. I was constantly told the site could not be found. Although when going to their website to begin the review, I was able to access it.

“Packaging and Quality of Product The Worse Ever!!!”
• Previous review

I ordered 2 very nice looking (on paper) hats. I received them in the mailbox. They were crunched up and places inside a clear bag. One hat had glue on it and the other one had a bow that had a velcro patch to be fastened to the hat. I had a feeling the quality would not be great, but even the packaging has me spellbound. I have dealt with a similar ordeal with another company out of China. I also had another order for 6 pairs of shoes and 4 more hats. I know there is no sense in expecting to return these items in that it will cost way more to return than even the hassle. NO MORE CHINA MANUFACTURED ITEMS IN MY FUTURE. Needless to say, I want to spread the word as much as possible. My cart will be emptied of the waiting order and I will again chalk this up to the old adage, "if it looks good and made in China", buyer beware

teresad39
8/3/17

My preliminary belief was that my original order would be shipped from Canada as the info on the website was not clear. I paid for expedited shipping 3-4 days and still after three weeks have not received my order. Got a call from DHL saying the package was enroute and that I would have to pay an additional $35 for duties and taxes. When the order gets here, I'm not accepting it. I have entered several tickets in an attempt to have customer service contact me, but their response is always the same old script, like it has been generated from a manual. There is no phone number or online chat where you can call or speak to a person in real time. Their information about shipping and delivery is a scam. The costs are exorbitant and the effort required to "recover" the duties and additional taxes are all BS. I will never use this site again and will do everything I can to dissuade others from using it.

dorag6
8/2/17

I have ordered a top on June 12,17 they shipped it on June 15. today is Aug.2 haven't got my top yet. they don't deliver what they claim. I sent couple of emails their response was "sorry be patient".

makaylal1
8/2/17

I ordered LED light up shoes, they came in the mail and the box was like a flat pancake. So when I opened the box the shoes were OK and everything was going good until the next day when I turned them on, they were very GLICHY, so now I can't turn them on because they start to glitch. Can I return them and get new ones please.

elizabethf94
8/2/17

They were helpful in refunding my order! They answered all my questions as quickly as they could! Even though the shipping was later than expected they still worked with me!

jamesb569
8/2/17

I have tried to unsubscribe from this company at least 5 times and they won't stop sending me emails!!

Very upset!!

aaa64
aa a.
8/1/17

Dishonest!!! Paid extra for express shipping 2-3 business 5 business days later and nothing! When I contacted them their response is international shipping takes up to a week.....So why not state that when checking out and why charge for expedite shippping when they don't deliver?? Never buying here again!! Only gave them a 1 because zero was not an option

nellieg15
8/1/17

my son (in canada) ordered a smart wristband bp monitor for me. it was to be shipped here in the philippines. after the site received my son's payment, there was a verification process done to ensure security of the transaction. we were asked to send details of a billing statement in my name to ensure (again) that i am truly the recipient of the item. a few days later, the transaction status posted a positive one only to find out in the end that it was cancelled because the payment was made in canada and the recipient is from another country! what a foolish idea to cancel a transaction??????

rezag4
8/1/17

Basically they lie. I read many reviews before purchasing from this website and noticed that the timing the give for shipping is not even close to actual shipping time. Then I chose just items that said ready to ship within 24hrs. So I could get my order on time even if the shipping takes twice the time written on the website. It's been three days and it still says processing. Do Not Waste your time and trust.

delm326
7/30/17

I bought few items more than month and half ago, did not received did, and no respond to my e mails, they just sent same email if you haven't got it by 25th let us know! In fact that day is already passed and they keep saying same thing means no one care it's just the computer sending same message back, and marked it as resolved!!! I wish I never bought from them!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R. on 1/16/16
Helpful answer

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T. on 5/29/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html We're really sorry that you might feel nervous for the negative review you saw. However, please trust us that there might be some misunderstanding between us and those customers who left the negative comments. We'll do everything to satisfy our customers. Our company might not be a perfect company but we will always take responsibility if we make mistake. Also, we have a lot of positive review, so we hope you could just give us the chance to enjoy our service and to prove our service quality by your own judgement . Your kindly understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 8/22/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 6/3/16
Helpful answer

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 10/11/16
Helpful answer

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K. on 1/7/16
Helpful answer

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b. on 3/30/16
Helpful answer

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s. on 12/15/15
Helpful answer

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

101 Photos for LightInTheBox