US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

77%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

emilyg58
12/18/16

I recently purchased a pair of curtains from LightInTheBox.com and was not satisfied with them. The curtains do not hang properly and the hooks provided do not fit onto the curtain. The result is that the curtains fall off the rod at the slightest touch and the top tab tilts away from the wall instead of hanging straight. I requested a return and refund within the allowed time frame after placing the order. A customer service rep has contacted me and I expect to be issued a return label for a full refund, but have been waiting several weeks for a response. I will update this rating if/when my refund is issued.

tahirg
12/18/16

THE WEBSITE ADVERTISES FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER USD $90. BUT WHEN YOU GO TO CHECK OUT THE ITEMS AND PAY THEY DONT GIVE YOU THE FREE SHIPPING AND INSTEAD THE SHIPPING COST IS MORE THAN THE ITEMS YOU ARE PURCHASING. BLATANT FALSE ADVERTISING. HAVE ORDERED BEFORE AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM. THEY KEEP AVOIDING THE QUESTIONS IN MY QUERY

garyc131
12/17/16

Ordered Christmas presents from this company (Lightinthebox) for my youngest son on December 6th, 2016. They charged my card the same day. Shipping is listed as 5 to 8 days, but as of today, December 17th, 2016, their site shows that the items have not even been sent. Rather they show "processing": preparation to ship. It is unacceptable to mislead people by saying shipping is 5 to 8 days and then not even getting around to shipping 11 days after the order was received and the card was charged. Tomorrow I will be canceling that charge if it the items are not shipped by close of business. Then I will write a letter to my bank and dispute the charges. I will not play idiotic games with this company and I am offended as heck that it is an almost certainty that my child will not get his presents for Christmas. Either way... I will never do business with LightInTheBox again. Gary Clouse

angelicw
12/17/16

Please don't waste your time ordering from this company. I am a 40 year old cancer patient. I searched for wigs online and I ordered $200 of wigs and wig products from this site. I was in the hospital for almost 20 days. I wanted to receive my wigs quickly. When I got out of the hospital my wigs still hasnt arrived. I looked on the site and seen that they have canceled my order. They sent a message to my account from light in the box stating they have sent many emails for me to verify payment and address by sending them a light bill. Although this is a very strange request, I would have done it if I had indeed seen an email. I checked my emails daily while I was in the hospital, inbox and spam. After reading reviews, many of the people on here have stated, they lied to them also saying they sent emails but they didnt receive any. The company states I will receive a refund after 7 to 25 business days. This is around the holiday time. I have Christmas shopping and medical bills to worry about. I have read some reviews stating they dont like to give your money back but give credit. I do NOT want any kind of credit, I want my money to go back to my original payment. I will not be doing business with these people after reading these reviews. Many people have stated they have not received refunds. If I dont get my money back, I am going to BBB and the FTC. I do not play about my money. I just want my money back. If I do not get my money back, I will write more reivews expressing that. This is ridiculous. I dont need a generic response, I need my money. I am a divorced cancer patient with four kids. I cant afford to throw away $200 and still have to buy more wigs. I think other cancer patients would like to hear my story. Maybe I should try to go to the news. Taking advantage of cancer patients is not a good look. Or taking advantage of anyone, cancer or not. Their are some really bad reviews on here of your company. This needs to come out. I'm wondering if the company is writing the positive reviews. If I dont receive my money back by February or they send me a credit with this company, I am taking this to an extreme. I am through with this company. I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered. Lesson learned!

malaiyaha
12/16/16

I Have Ordered A Few Things On This Website Before & i Never Had A Problem Until I Recently Ordered $233 Worth Of Clothes On Fashion Nova On The 9th Of December 2016 . I Have Not Yet Recieved My Items . So Today I Tried Tracking My Packages & I Came Across Something About An Email Conformation Then i Realized I Didn't Receive A Email At All ! I Think I May Have Misspelled Something In My Email . . Will I Still Get My Delivery Or . . . ?? Someone Please Help !

cammyl
12/15/16

I ordered 2 items back in November and am still waiting Dec 15th and no update on the vague tracking information since Nov 26th. When I created a ticket and contacted them regarding my order, they replied on 12/14 saying "If you haven't received your order by 12/8, please let us know." I'm really sorry I ever placed the order with this site and am hoping someday it finally arrives. Hoping I don't have to start a dispute over this. Grrrr...

temekah
12/15/16

Just learning it will take over a month to recieve item purchased 11/28/16. I paid extra for insurance and expedited shipping. 5-8 buisness days. Was shipped 12/02/16. Contacted customer service and their excuse is holiday delays. Wish I would've read reviews before purchasing anything from this site. I hope to return with the good news of actually receiving the product after 01/09/17

amberh47
12/14/16

I wish I would have thought to read reviews before I placed my order. I ordered the items on Dec 2/16 it said it could take up to 48 hours to process the order (which was fine). They processed my payment the same day. I paid extra for expedited shipping that said the item should arrive in 5-8 days. It is now Dec 14/16. The order (according to the very vague tracking info) said it was shipped 2 days ago, That means it took 10 days for processing! I have my doubts that I will receive these items before Christmas. I have emailed them multiple times and have been given the same generic response that everyone else here seems to have reviewed. Even looking at the company's response to these reviews, here, have been the same generic message over and over. I will wait another week to see if I actually get the items, but I am not feeling very confidant at this point. I will write a follow up to this if there is any changes. But at this time I paid for shipping that should have arrived in 10 days, and it has already been 14....

hugop21
12/14/16

I'm waiting for almost 3 weeks for the items to be sent... They do not comply with shipping dates they indicate, close tickets you open without giving you a response and it's the only way to contact them.

lisah235
12/13/16

, Still wondering where my order is, has not arrived and it's been 2 weeks! Extra fees for better shipping but is untrue! I will never shop with them again . Have used other online sites with great success, but not this one! Beware!

Tip for consumers: Make sure you can wait weeks for your order. I had my extra shipping money reimbursed but only because I complained. I finally got my goods but it took one MONTH!

martag8
12/13/16

Compré unos maillots para hacer ciclismo, tardaron en llegar pero dentro del tiempo estipulado (escogí la opción más económica). Son muy divertidos y cómodos. Recomiendo esta página por la amplia variedad de productos y su calidad.

shealyannh
12/13/16

Thanks to Tammy the Supervisor who reached out to me regarding my concerns, I would definitely consider doing business with this company again.

samuelm79
12/12/16

Delivery is received.

catherined37
12/12/16

writing a 1 star review, the company calls me from China I think suggesting a refund... then emails me to ask about my delivery experience?

Dark in the Box is darkening further... my order status is as clear as mud... not sure whay a company emails youa bout the delivery which has not happened as opposed to the refund they promised...which has also not happened ?!

If this is US trading standards I am even more concerned about the stupid Brext vote my fellow citizens voted in.

I will await another call from the other part of the world and email that does not relate to my situation; wouldn't it be more efficient to do all this transparently ?

Tip for consumers: Check it out fully before you order...if you can...

terencee5
12/10/16

Dear Pinni,

Let me first confirm to you that I do not like the tone in your letter. I find your letter arrogant, a sign of very bad attitude and a very bad degree of customer service. I am a CEO of QM Holdings Group Of Companies and I do not accept your bad customer service.

I do not give incorrect information as my information given to you is correct, remember that! Your letter and your information is already confirmed to be incorrect. Sorry, but what you are saying sound like typical bad excuses when you and your company treat your customers badly, you make serious mistakes and you refuse to admit the truth and with that issue apologies to the customer for your mistakes.

Regarding the delivery you and UPS have failed, I have documents to prove that! As your old fashioned data system only allow JPG files, I cannot send you a copy of the letter (In Word or PDF format) as I have received from Alexander Morris, Team Leader Customer Resolution Group, UPS Sweden, UPS in Stockholm. This letter confirm that you and UPS have failed your commitments to me, that you made serious mistakes and that you should listen carefully to that information!

Alexander Morris, Team Leader, write as follows in his letter from UPS:

"Hello Terence,
Let me start with a once again by apologizing for the inconvenience our mistake has caused you. I hope this email will assist you when you try to explain for your partner in Hong Kong that the delivery was not made in agreement with what was guaranteed in fact that the delivered would not have been made the right day unless you contacted UPS Sweden yourself and pointed out the mistake.

If there is anything else I can do to assist you in the contact with your partner in Hong Kong please do not hesitate to contact me.
I have added a print screen from our website that shows the exact time when the driver made the delivery attempt and if your Hong Kong partner likes they can contact their local UPS to ensure that the delivery in fact was made to the wrong address." -

Supervisor Pinni, listen carefully, your delivery information is incorrect! The delivery took, in fact, place late evening on 14 December 2016! Not at the wrong time as your given incorrect information in your letter. It clearly stated on the UPS tracking and confirmed by Mr Morris at UPS Sweden that the delivery was on 14 December! UPS delivered to my correct address because they failed to deliver in time! UPS Express Saver clearly state 3-4 working days! This is also confirmed by Mr Morris at UPS!

In your letter you write that the delivery was made within 4 days? Again you are wrong, I can see that you are very bad at calculating mathematics! It took you and UPS 5 working days and 7 days in total days to make this delivery! Miss Pinni, do you understand now?

Next issue, You did not pack the goods! You chucked the watch box in to a thin plastic bag without packing material and/or without padding and protection of the goods! Clearly, your company are unprofessional and have not learned that goods, especially fragile goods must always be packed in a protective cardboard box with protective padding, ok!!!

Next issue, I will not mix a bad company like yours, with a good company like GearBest! I will not give you any protected company information because I do not need to prove or explain anything to you as you have made all the mistakes in this case! I have not made any mistakes so no explanations from me! I am a CEO for a large company group so I will not answer to your orders as you are a Supervisor, I am sure you can understand and respect that.

With reference to shipping company, professional companies know that DHL is the best and fastest company! If you don´t know that, you have a lot to learn in business. But I am sure you have chosen the cheapest delivery costs because quality cost money and as you already have shown me, you save money on everything and with that, provide a very bad customer service, you save on packing as you don´t pack your goods and you make bad excuses to save money on that too! Yes, DHL provide different service to clients in China! Yes UPS is not good as DHL on deliveries. My QM company Group use only DHL because they are the best and the fastest deliveries!!! You have a lot to learn about business, Miss Pinni.

Now, I will tell you what to do, because I do not trust you and I do not trust your company as you have shown me now that you provide bad customer service and very bad trust to your customers! I demand you will give me a monetary compensation for your mistakes with slow delivery, no packing for my goods and broken goods. You will send me a replacement watch first and when I have received that you will order a pick-up of the broken product for return on your expense. Finally, you must learn that you should never insult customers with this many letters when you make mistakes! Fix the problems quickly now and be nice!

/ Terence Evans

kathrynm39
12/9/16

Ordered an item on Nov. 29th. When I visited their site for status reports, it kept saying "processing" for 10 days! In light of the slow "processing" when I tried to change the delivery address, they wrote back and said my package had shipped. When I clicked on their "TRACK" button, it noted that he item was not found. There is no phone number you can call them at. Hold on to your money. Truly! Personally, I'd be happy to write a revised good news story to append this poor review, but based on my experience so far, if I don't receive the package in next few days, I'll be contacting the Federal Trade Commission.

judyc63
12/8/16

My card was charged for for an item. I cancelled that order before it was shipped and requested a refund. I was notified that the cancellation was successful and my credit card would be refunded the full amount. They closed the ticket after 7 days. There is no way what so ever for you to contact "customer service" after the ticket is closed. I still have not received any refund from them and will never order from light in the box again and I will tell anyone that will listen that this company is horrible and unreliable.

ritae5
12/7/16

A website with everything from electronics to lingerie. Good customer service.
The time it takes to process an order is lengthy, it took 9 days for my payment to get received, and the actual delivery time is much longer than the specified options. I selected postal expedited (5-8days), but it's actually going to take up to 12 days.
But now knowing that international orders take longer, I will most likely order again

sweekas
12/7/16

I placed my order and paid for it on 29th November 2016, I was given a delivery time frame of 3- business days. It is now the 7th December and I have not received my items which I needed to receive by now for my office Christmas party tomorrow.

Can somebody get back to me asap as this is my first time ordering from this site and I have not received any communication suggesting that my delivery will be late.

mels134
12/6/16

I ordered a pair of shoes on November 27th and on their website it said they would be processed and shipped within 24 hours. I paid extra for expedited delivery so the shoes would get there within 4-6 business days. They took the money from my account straight away but after a week it said my shoes are still being processed. So I contacted them and they said they would sort it. The shoes finally left their warehouse after 7 days (not the 24 hours they said) and after a lot of frustrating correspondence (they don't answer your questions, they generally just send computer generated responses) I received an e mail saying they could only send the shoes via standard now as expedited is no longer possible and it will take 6-8 business days. They kept trying to tell me that I do not understand there are 2 parts to the order - the processing and the shipping. I totally understand but they just mucked up! I paid for 24 hour processing and 4-6 days shipping. Instead I get 7 day processing and 6-8 days shipping. I need the shoes in 2 days but it does not seem like I am going to get them. Communicating with them via e mail is painful because they do not answer your questions and tend to give generic responses. They have not offered to refund me for the shipping despite admitting fault. I will never use this company again. Stay away from them, there are literally thousands of complaints about this company online, I wish I had thought to check before I ordered.

davidd285
12/6/16

I ordered a clock and it arrived broken. I sent it back and asked for a replacement, which arrived broken. I sent it back and asked for a refund and I cannot get a refund. PayPal will only honor the initial order and not the replacement. Now I know this in future, with other suppliers, I will only ask for a refund NOT replacement.

lorrainem39
12/5/16

when I ordered my painting from your company, I paid $47.00 plus postage. I just received this today December 5, 2016 and your price was lowered to $24.00. I would appreciate a credit if I open and keep what I received. I remember reading canvas was on plywood, now it says painting only. Need som clarification on this .

annae33
12/5/16

Sorry to say I have had a bad experience with this company. I ordered an item to be delivered within 3-4 business days, paying ~£12 for the privilege. It is now 6 business days (10 actual days) since I ordered and payment was taken. I have submitted several tickets requesting a) my £12 back and b) an update on when it will finally get here. The first ticket was resolved immediately saying it will take 7 days to arrive, but I don't think they looked at my specific case where I'd paid extra for priority delivery. Subsequent tickets have gone unanswered. Poor show.

julies139
12/3/16

I ordered few items with expedited shipping, it's been five days and the order is still in process. I need those item for an event seven days from today. How do I contact light in the box as there is no contact information on their website, not even live chat.

mikeg218
12/3/16

Website clearly said 3-4 day delivery time. Item not shown up and it's now the birthday of the person who it is a gift for. The company now saying it will take a week. Paid almost £12 for express delivery. Tracking number comes up as Unknown. Not happy

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

309 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question