US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

78%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

davig1
10/17/16

O LCD e os outros produtos funcionam perfeitamente com o meu carro. Chegaram dentro de 2 semanas apenas. Recomendo esta empresa para quem deseja comprar produtos para seu carro ou mota.

janm87
10/14/16

I ordered shoes, a bag and a wrap on 27th August and have not received a thing despite contacting them several times. It is now 14th October and I have asked for a refund. This has been the worst shopping experience of my life, customer service just ignores you or gives you a load of bull about couriers, it's an absolute joke

frederikb12
10/14/16

Har bestilt den 26/09-2016 og betalt for express levering. Da varerne ikke sendes rykker jeg og får at vide at varerne først bliver sendt 19/10-2016. Det kan jeg naturligvis ikke vente på og annullere ordren. Pludseligt modtager jeg en mail som fortæller at varerne nu er sendt den 03/10-2016... Skriver til dem og fortæller at ordren er annulleret og høre herefter intet på trods af flere rykkere.... HOLD DIG LANGT VÆK.

MiniInTheBox er den samme som LightInTheBox.

UPDATE 14-10-2016: Der sker fortsat ikke noget. Nu er jeg tvunget til at bede banken om at sørge for at pengene kommer retur. HOLD DIG LANGT VÆK.

UPDATE 18-10-2016: Nu vil de gerne betale det fulde beløb tilbage men det kan kun ske via PayPal og det er betinget af at jeg fjerner denne anmeldelse fra Trustpilot. HOLD DIG LANGT VÆK.

miriamg11
10/13/16

I was so pleased with customer care. I was so happy because I wore for a wedding. Thanks

wendyp46
10/13/16

I ordered my dress on 5th September, it's 14th October and I still have NOT received it. I paid for fast expedite post, absolute waste of time.. The customer service just ignored all my enquiries and did what they wanted.. I wanted the dress for a 1940 dance. I have not got it.. I have asked for a refund... I have never had a service like it before online... I shall NEVER use again, and I hope people read this review and do not give them custom..I hope to prevent anyone else going through this and suffering the same plight... !!! Neve ever again.
I cannot believe they are still in businesses...!!!! Frustrated let down and upset furious customer... !!!

tarag22
10/13/16

I ordered a long wool coat on one order, its the only order that's arrived so far and was far from what I ordered! I got a cropped jacket made of felt that children use in nursery to decorate things with. The shipping cost more than the goods, yet two weeks later I'm still waiting for items that was supposed to of been shipped in24hr!! Looking at my bill they've now upped the price so its gone up during transit! I payed 21£ for it to get here in5days yet the stuff only cost 12£!! If I want to send stuff bk I have to pay and I dont get the the shipping fees back at any point! How they can get away with this I dont know. I complained about the 24hr shipping service 3times, as the stuff was shipped out over a week later! they sent back a link to the rules every single time, even when I pointed out how I didn't get what I payed for. I've spent over 100£ for my daughters birthday on my last pay check so I'm praying something worth giving comes,or they've ruined her birthday

williamg119
10/11/16

Ik was aan het begin een beetje sceptisch, maar ik heb in september toch de stoute schoenen aangetrokken en kleding besteld. Het duurde wel even maar ik ontving vorige week mijn pakketje. Ik was zeer verrast, goed verpakt, top kwaliteit en al mijn vrienden zijn jaloers op mijn aankoop. Ik had me verzekerd tegen eventuele douanekosten en dat geld had ik binnen 3 dagen terug op mijn rekening. Echt klasse! Ik heb nu voor de feestdagen weer wat besteld en ik kan niet wachten totdat ik het binnenkrijg. Echt een aanrader dit Lightinthebox!

deom18
10/10/16

i order this sept. 30 2016 and i choose Express Expedited and it was stated upon checkout that it will take 1-4 business days for processing and shipping time will take 3-4 business days. it was shipped out Oct. 10 2016 and no tracking number. i choose express shipping coz i want the item to be delivered at my doorstep due to have no time for picking up the item thru post office, i cant even contact customer service already maybe this is the last time for me to shop here not a good place to shop

anastacias
10/9/16

Впервые покупала детскую одежду в этом онлайн магазине и осталась очень довольна. Качество хорошее, размеры соответсвуют нашим и цены приемлимые. Все дошло как и полагалось - около месяца. Что особенно понравилось, так это акции. Обязательно посмотрю что-нибудь интересное и закажу к новому году для ребенка!

jonl54
10/8/16

I ordered a pair of boots that were priced fairly and looked good online. Really wasn't prepared for what I received! They actually were delivered in time frame indicated (actually a few days early) and I was surprised when I opened box to find a "Dr Martens" box complete with model number and all the markings from Dr Martens (I own 2 pr of actual Dr Martens boots). As soon as I pulled boots from box I could see these were not any where near quality boots, even tho they had Dr Martens hang tags and one curious tag "New from Dr Martens"...I have never seen a pair of boots with the toungue sown together in the poor manner these were and even tho they have Dr Martens insoles and "Air Wair" pull ups on back of boot the side markings state "Dr Marians"???? the leather is so thin and the boots actually overlap at top when laced up!!!! Dr Martens company was very interested in my comments and pictures of these boots and assured me they would look into this and they did not have these boots produced!!!! Anyway this company Light in the box wants me to send back and then refund, not going to happen as I do not trust them, I guess I'll use them to work in the mud till the boots fall apart!!! I have yet to get an explaintion of why they tried to pass thes shoddy boots of as Dr Martens in the box. I would advise anyone of doing any business with this "knock off" selling company and am filing complaints with my state atty gen and federal trade commission regarding intellectual Property Infringement.

mariak69
Maria K.
10/8/16

I have been ordering from LightInTheBox for over 3 years. Delivery isn't the fastest one, but the quality is really good for the price they offer. My personal hit form LightInTheBox is special occasion dresses and home decor.

tiagom11
10/7/16

This has been the most horrible experience I had in internet shopping.

I ordered my product on August 25th and received them in October 7th. It is curious that I paid for it to be delivered within 5 business days, I got them after 25 business days.

Customer service had the nerve to keep saying that I should wait a few more days for the item, which was an excellent add-on to the situation.

Full Refund has been sent after receiving the product almost a month after due date

Never to use again. Unbelievable.

theresam42
10/6/16

Thank you to Pinni for her help with the refund of the dress. I am very satisfied with the outcome and do love the dress, I reordered it again.
Theresa Mendes

gigiis
10/4/16

Pinni, customer service supervisor resolved issue and will refund cost of damaged products with no other stipulations or effort on my end. I am pleased with the outcome and Pinni was very helpful.

rachelo22
10/4/16

I would advise people in the EU not to purchase from LightInthebox.com. I'm from Ireland and I ordered 9 pairs of shoes and boots. I already paid shipping fees and when they were delivered to my house I had to pay VAT & customs charges. Light in the box sent me poor quality shoes and boots, I also thought they would be delivered in 3-4 business days but they arrived in 7 business days. One pair of boots were the wrong size, the left one was size 37 & the right one was size 38, so overall I was not happy. Here is an idea of the costs: The shoes & boots cost: - Shipping charges cost 69.78Euro, total cost 319.37Euro and when they were delivered to my house I had to pay VAT & customs charges of 112.16Euro, so overall total was 431.53Euro, in heinsight I would have been better off buying in a local shop, I was attracted to LIghtinthebox as the shoes were reduced!!!!

eddieb38
10/4/16

Ordered 2 items on 9/24/16 took 5 days to "process order" i paid for expidited shipping and still have not received my items
I contacted customer service by submitting several tickets about not recieving my order and tracking numbers that do not work or exist
They were fast to reply with the same excuses i see that they use with everyone elses problems
It seems that thier is no accountability at light in the box
I finally had enough of the runaround so i contacted visa and reported the merchant as a fraudulent company and completed a dispute/fraud claim on them
Visa said they will start an investigation, cancel my current card and collect my refund from the merchant ....however, i can cancel the claim if the items actually arrive but for now im not going to have my money just taken
Im the type that expects to get what i pay my hard earned money for i do not expect more but certainly not less

UPDATE: customer service has responded to me and tried to assure me that the packags are already in the u.s. and on thier way to my address....
That was two days ago a couple hours after i wrote the initial review im still pretty upset with the whole situation
tomorrow is my birthday and these items were supposed to be a part of my gift from my wife .....because of this ordeal the suprise was ruined as i had to get involved to try to get the items or my money back and it looks like i wont see my order in time for my birthday after all
This comoany does a terrific job at letting folks down and dissapointing them to the point of frustration. I cannot say enough about how awful this experience has been.
They customer servce supervisor "pinni" even had the nerve to ask if i would change the 1 star rating to 5 stars.
Absolutely not! My order has not come in and ive never had this kind of inconvenience shopping anywhere online or in person this website/company desrves a negative rating if i could give them 5 negative stars i would

bruces84
10/4/16

Well pinni a Superviser for light in the box sent me a massage to try to change my review on there company from a 0 to a 4 or 5 to fix my misshipped product well she sent me the Wrong product again after looking at it the sku number was wrong and she won't send me the right product but I could reorder it but 2 times wrong stuff I just say don't buy from light in the box ( from China ) but USA all the way check out where you are ordering from first and reviews from site jabber first

maritzav
9/27/16

This is a awful business, they do not listen or write back, the sizes are too small. I am still waiting after 2 months and have not received anything or my money back. This is awful. 4 pairs of shoes and still waiting.

Tip for consumers: awful never received the products

scottb168
9/27/16

I placed a order on 24/09/16 and paid extra for tax a shipping the next day I received a message from Dhl requesting a £22 payment to cover the import tax. What is the and what was the extra payment I made to cover this. I have emailed the company and got a review. They sent me a paypal transaction to cover this import tax if only they had said this may happen i would of been happen. Thanks to pinni for her great service

laurap108
9/26/16

Ordered 4 bridesmaids dresses in different colours and sizes.

When they arrived I received a text message to let me know that in order to collect my dresses I would need to pay £119 in VAT on top of the 300+ pounds I had already spent on the dresses.
I did get offered a refund but that was 3 weeks ago and have still not had the money in my account.

I decided the dresses were not for us and they were longer in real life and one of the colours wasn't very nice. As stated on the website, I asked to return them before the 30 day return policy was up.
I was then told that I could not return them as they were hand made. These dresses were made in standard sizes and so could be worn by someone else. I asked to complain but was just ignores by a string of apologies. I have wasted over 500 pound on this website for nothing .

sophieh26
9/22/16

I placed an order last week for a pair of wedding shoes, then decided I didn't need it. I emailed yesterday morning to cancel and then received an email today to say it had been shipped. I then received a text message from DHL to say I need to pay £18 for delivery costs. This was not mentioned anywhere on the website and I don't even want the order. No one has replied within the 24 hours they claim on the website. I regret ordering from the website already.

Tip for consumers: The company came back to me and gave me a full refund, their customer service was very helpful in resolving my issue quickly. I still did receive a number of text messages and attempted deliveries despite asking for my parcel to be recalled, in which I then had to do myself. Overall I am satisfied they dealt with my query and would make me more likely to shop with them again.

altafp
9/22/16

Hi After review, received quick after service and happy with the response from Supervisor, Offered full refund and looking forward to received refund

The worst online experience I've ever had and I've been shopping online for over a decade. So called "processing" period on their site was horrifically incorrect or just intentionally misleading, it said 5 to 8 days from shipping date, item received after 20 days and not on my address, it was drop to 5 house from mine. Neighbour drop us to me.
Open the case, again lies after lies from customer services, I clearly states to them, i order this item as some from abroad here and they wants to take with them. due to postal delay person left the country. Customer service offer £10.00 discount, if i keep the item and i said i need in my account in paypal so i can send it to rightful owner. They agreed and said if you keep the item they will do it. instead i received £2.46 in my lightinbox reward account and i need to purchase some thing double of the amount.

Overall big tie liar, really stress me out. Please avoid this liar and fraud.

Tip for consumers: Please Avoid at all Cost, I know you will be drawn in by the really low prices but all these negative reviews are here for a reason....

lado33
9/22/16

I made an order since the 26 of august and according them it was mailed on the 29th of august. I ordered for my wedding veil and tiara ...On the 22nd sep i got a mail that the order is missing and another one would be shipped. My wedding is on the 12th of oct i still dont have my veil and tiara......this company should be avoided......its a scam company

rosemaryg8
9/21/16

I would like to thank Light In The Box for their excellent Customer service.
I cancelled an order because the time scale was too tight and asked for my money back. I was promised my money back within four days and indeed I received it with no hassle or argument at all.
I will deal with this company again it was just I needed the outfit for my daughter's wedding and was afraid it would not come in time.

catherinek21
9/21/16

The worst online experience I've ever had and I've been shopping online for over a decade. So called "processing" period on their site was horrifically incorrect or just intentionally misleading, it said 1 to 4 days before shipping and after 8 days it still want shipped and I was then told I would have to wait another 8 days for more of this "processing"

I think they have no stock and are dropshiping or something, whatever it is, I have had to open a Paypal case because their completely horrific customer service team who only answer in copy and pasted rubbish are now telling me a Paypal refund needs up to 5 days to process. I work for an online retailer and we process these all the time, they are instant. Avoid this company like the plague for your own good.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

303 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question