Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

75%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dianab75
3/3/17

Just received an email without the clothing items listed, just the jewelry.
Wondering if I will receive what I ordered. The reviews are terrible. If they screw me over I will post on Facebook and another site that has 8,000 homes. I will also post on these web sites to alert others.

raffaeled1
3/3/17

Tutto perfetto come sempre. Società molto vicina al compratore. Mai avuto veri problemi con loro. I tempi di arrivo sono quelli soliti

svenjak

Hello,

I'm contacting you about my Order #21705940.

I can't contact you via the customer service page and/or the page with my orders, because there the order is still pending.

You send me an/this email that you recieved my payment, and that you've send my order.

Today DHL tried to deliver the order. I will have to pay 26,16, that is roughly $ 27,50, duty & handling costs.

But I payed a fee of 4,00 to you for Duty & Tax Insurance, so I wouldn't have to pay that sort of costs.

Can youn pay me the 26,16 or $ 27,50 back, like promised in the ASAP.

Could you contact me via e-mail? if you look up my order number you will find it.

Greetings,

Joran Reijnders

VERZENDMETHODE VERZENDDUUR PRIJS

Expressverzending 3 5 werkdagen EUR 9.13 (50% KORTING)
Postverzending met tracking 10 19 werkdagen EUR 8.48 (40% KORTING)
Postverzending zonder tracking 10 19 werkdagen

Voeg dekking tegen invoerrechten & belasting toe aan de bestelling Waarom is dit nodig? EUR 4.00
Voeg verzendverzekering toe aan je bestelling Waarom is dit nodig? EUR 0.48
Dekking tegen invoerrechten & belasting

Elk land heeft verschillende regelgeving op het gebied van invoerrechten en belastingen. Vaak is er geen sprake van bijkomende kosten, maar er is ook een kans dat de klant bij aankomst van de zending belasting/invoerrechten moet betalen; in dat geval is de klant verantwoordelijk voor de extra kosten. Om de stress en onzekerheid volledig weg te halen tijdens de winkelervaring, adviseren wij de aanschaf van onze dekking tegen invoerrechten & belasting. Zolang dekking tegen invoerrechten & belasting is gekocht, zullen wij klanten alle eventueel extra opgelegde kosten voor belastingen of invoerrechten vergoeden.

ls u de dekking tegen invoerrechten & belasting koopt en aan de zending bij aflevering extra invoerrechten en belasting zijn toegevoegd,
neem dan contact op met onze Klantenservice en wij zullen u compenseren voor de betaalde invoerrechten en belasting.

davidw441
3/2/17

I received what I needed and the product appears to be a good quality and definitely a good value. This site is Chinese which is unclear from the site. I bought a bike part that I could not find anywhere else. It arrived 15 days after the promise date.

jamier67
3/2/17

I ordered my husband a type of fit bit watch on January 31st to hopefully be received by Feb 21st. The order didn't even process and ship until Feb 7th. Then it said 10-18 business days to ship and I looked up the tracking number and it was coming from Hong Kong China. If I would've known that too begin with I would've said absolutely not. So then Feb 21st passed by with nothing. Then here it is the end of Feb and still nothing. So I contacted Light in the Box through a ticket, and they made an excuse saying the courier was extremely busy and please wait a couple more days and contact us if you don't receive it by March 17th! You mean 45 days after I ordered?? No way! My order shipped on Feb 7th so please tell me how a courier is too busy to take my item to an air port in the same city. This place is a joke. Not only that, but I looked up the courier itself and almost 1\2 of the people who used the courier said they never received their package. I think they are covering up something. I told them I didn't want this package, and I want a full refund. What a joke.

williamp129
3/1/17

The shipping time shown at checkout is significantly shorter than the time shown in shipping details once the order is confirmed - up to three times 9 days against 30.

barbied4
2/28/17

I was very frustrated with the ordering process at first. I feel I am getting the help i need now with the help of Tammy. Let's see how the rest of this process goes. My order is processing now.

joyg19
2/28/17

I have received confirmation from customer service that my refund will be undertaken within 24 hours. So happy for that finally.

If not I will be back.

i stupidly ordered a watch and this got lost and yes they did refund me for the first one, then i really stupidly ordered a replacement which they sent me something totally different. Then they tried to tell me that they have already refunded me Guess what no you havnt and your customer service is absolutely pathetic.
so dont do it. yes they may be good once but subsequent orders look out.

beatrizl1
2/28/17

Do not trust, i ordered 2 dresses for a wedding size 2.
Did not fit vould not retun the dresse.
I have to keep something that does not fit me.
I ordered because i saw 30 day return policy.
NOT TRUE

arleneg7
2/27/17

This website not only delivers as promised but their prices are amazing and their products are wonderful!!!

They are situated in China (I'm in Canada) and they charge me in Canadian funds (no shipping charges) and they deliver to my door within two weeks!

I do not have enough good things to say about this site!

giuseppep6
2/27/17

I've had an issue with two order, i was very upset about it but thankfully the customer service, miss Tammy in my case, was very helpful and understood my issue, they provided me what i requested, they followed my case thoroughly and efficiently

karinag4
2/25/17

I have been waiting for 7 weeks now for my order to arrive. Yes it was a large order, half the items I needed for an event that has now been and gone. This is not ok. When will my items arrive??????

yigalm
2/24/17

I ordered a ski helmet for an upcoming ski trip. To make sure that I received it in time, I paid extra to have it delivered within 5-12 days. It is now 4 weeks since I ordered, and did not received the item. All they said when I complained was that I should be patient. And they refused to reimburse me, claiming that they will do it only when I send the item back (how can I do it when I never received it). Never had such problems with aliexpress ot dx.com. Stay away from these crooks.

aayslnn
2/24/17

If I could give them zero stars, I would. Ordered a pair of shoes before Christmas, vendor didn't even process my order for more than a week. Shoes never arrived. FINALLY got a credit. Bought a different pair of shoes from a different vendor, thinking I might have better luck, and they came, TWO SIZES SMALLER than what i ordered. I had to pay out of pocket to ship them back, which I did. So far, I am out more than $15 just in shipping for their irresponsible vendors. And I keep explaining to heir customer service that I need a credit on their site because my original payment was with a gift card that I no longer have. My latest response was that it can take 7-25 days to be refunded. Which basically means, they will have had my money for 3 months, and I will have no product. Once I can actually get a pair of shoes from them, that actually arrive and fit, I will NEVER shop this site again. And trust me, I shop online A LOT. But never here again.

susanm280
2/23/17

I've had problems with this company. In one order I was supposed to be refunded a certain amount but only half of it was refunded. Another order never arrived and the response from customer service was that it 'was probably at my neighbor's.' They gave me this response twice. Then they said it was probably lost at customs. I could not get them to refund the money with any guarantee. Before closing the claim to any satisfaction, they just sent a message saying,
'Thanks for shopping with us.' I am owed $112 but can't get an answer from them. I will not purchase from them again.

crystall53
2/21/17

My purchase was:
Suptig 30M 3-Modes LED Waterproof Video Fill Light Diving Lights Set for Gopro Hero4/3+/3/2 - Black
I purchased this item for my upcoming dive trip in Belize. I used the light on my first dive and after 10min it stopped working and had gotten water in the housing.
I was disappointed in the quality but more importantly the customer service I received when I returned was even more disappointing. They told me it was past the 30 days after purchase and they would not do anything for me. With an article of this nature that isn't always used right away I would have expected them to stand by there product considering it didn't last 10 minutes.
With that Said I would highly recommend using a different company that will stand by their products

monicap32
2/21/17

I ordered this product - http://www.lightinthebox.com/boy-s-cotton-shirt-spring-fall-long-sleeve_p4850296.html.

LIGHT IN THE BOX, sent me a shirt with wrong measurements. I was not happy & Complained. Supervisor Tammy was very apologetic, very understanding and willing to help. He acted very quickly and solved this mistake to my fullest satisfaction.

In a large sales company like "Light in the Box" occasionally mistakes may happen but if that company understands & rectifys that mistake to customers satisfaction, then I would not hesitate to shop with that company.

treym18
2/20/17

I ordered my package and I should be expecting it soon but after reading all the other reviews its got me worried so I tried to track it but it said tracking # was not found which has got me more worried

rolok
2/19/17

I would like to warn people to buy in lightinthebox.
I buy two radio in promotion, but lightinthebox cancel my order without any information and any explanation. It is not fair, becouse I buy it with according to the rules.
Be cereful if you wont to buy something in this shop. Contact with staff is very difficult. I received refund after 2 weeks, but it is in all situation does not matter.
I moved to another street, so it is even bigger trouble.

AVOID THIS SHOP!!!!!

gems3
2/17/17

I was dubious about using light in a box even though a friend had recommended them to me. We are getting married in September and so are looking to save costs. Well I was not disappointed! I placed me Order on 3rd February expedited delivery - I also paid the insurance tax and customs insurance so my total order was £83.00 for a veil, tiara and 5 x tie, cufflink, handkerchief and tie pin sets - For this money I wasn't expecting much but figured it wasn't too much too lose if they turned out to be terrible quality..... I could not be happier! My delivery arrived this morning and the quality is amazing!! - I did have an issue with customs tax - DHL sent me an invoice for £26.00 for this - I opened a ticket with Light in the box and they immediately came back asking for a copy ( picture) of the invoice - I sent this and within 24 hours I had a message to say they were refunding me the full £26.00 as I had taken the insurance. So all in all I am over the moon and will be returning to light in the box to order extra items!

Tip for consumers: I read the reviews from previous purchases which helped - and have a good look - there is literally tonnes of items on there!

calonnat
2/17/17

I will never order anything from Light In The Box ever again. I paid them 535.96 for my items through Western Union. They are saying that they don't have the payment. I even called Western Union and they said that they do. Western Union have even tried to contact them. They have not responded back. They are giving me the run around. I am so fed up with them. I just want my items or my money. I am beginning to think this is a fraudulent company especially after reading all of these reviews. They have no phone number listed. I have done so many ticket. It is so frustrating.

Update:
Finally received partial order on 3/24/17 via expedited shipping which is a joke. My shipping cost was refunded so am am thankful for that. The items that I received was of good quality. My wedding dress looked just like the picture and the fabric quality was excellent. It just took to long to get to me. The supervisor Fabio was excellent. He responded timely to all of my issues.

Tip for consumers: It is now March 13,2017 and I have still did not received my order. The sad part my wedding dress is in that order. Shop at your own risk.

tenzinc1
2/16/17

I ordered a pant as a test to dip my toe in the water first before buying more.
Had delivery issue like they tried to deliver but was unsuccessful etc. (Kind of comments I have read from some buyers)
That's when Supervisor Fabio kicked in and he has been very professional, responsive and helpful. It proves that they do care about their customwrs and want to do their best.
So, yes within a day or two of my interaction with Fabio, I got my product although I had to visit a La Poste (I don't mind)
I gave 4 stars only for Fabio because he proved that they care about their business and they mean business.
I may shop more but hopefully without Fabio's help. Hehe

Note: I didn't like the pant that much but my girlfriend loved it. Lol

kendrac7
2/16/17

**Amended review. After posting on this site, Fabio from Light in the Box contacted me. While the ship date is still 3/2, they offered either a full refund +5% more, or refunding the shipping and 15%. The refund came quickly. If the product comes in time for my event, I will be more satisfied.

I ordered dresses on January 18th. When checking the status, was told they'd be shipped by 2/16. Double checking a couple days ago, they now said 3/2.
When I questioned their delay, the reply was "Read the previous response carefully"
They are not working to resolve my issue and stand by their original response!
Do NOT buy from this site, especially if you need to product by a certain date!

prabhania
2/16/17

I ordered a pair of shoes in lightinthebox. I didn't receive my package yet. I'm still waiting! I ordered it on 8 th January. I'm very disappointed about their service! They have attractive items and I thought it was a good company. But don't trust them! Never ever! Buy the items at your own risk! I'm very sad that there is no zero stars to give!

florences23
2/15/17

THEY SENT ME A FLIP FLOP SLIPPERS INSTEAD OF MY LIGHT BLUE PUMPS HAD TO PAY $45.00 TO SEND IT BACK TO HONG KONG BEWARE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

Tip for consumers: do not buy from this company

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

343 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question