Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

74%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jent43
4/7/17

I did not receive my shipment on time so I had to return it. I'm actually glad I didn't receive it on time because the product was much lower quality than it appeared in the pictures. Instead of giving me back a full refund they said they were only giving me back $26 dollars....my order was $47 but they said minus shipping my refund would be $26. Shipping was not $20. So they can't do math and they will short change you on a refund. Probably the worst part is that you can't talk to anyone on the phone because you have to submit written complaints called tickets. As soon as they think they solve your issue, they "close" your ticket....meaning I had to open about 10 different tickets just to communicate. It's just not worth it.

vandanak2
4/7/17

Lightinthebox is a must have apps ... excellent safe products and goods, safe delivery, its a excellent shopping site ...really love this site !!!!!

Thanks to all the sellers to make it a global success ...Good luck and keep it up!!!

sofyas
4/7/17

This is my first time ordering from China and I was a bit worried. But I loved all the clothes that I've ordered. The quality was really nice indeed. Shipping via DHL took just a few days. And the store even refunded my customs fee, that was very considerate of them I must say. Overall, I'm delighted. Will definitely purchase from LightInTheBox again.

kathleenk48
4/6/17

I ordered a designer wig and received a cheap wrong color one totally different from item pictured. Miss Piggy's wig looked better than what I was sent. Unable to contact business. No contact phone and my emails were rejected! Avoid this business!

barbarar140
4/6/17

Bought a sheer jacket on March 23. Paid 3-4 day expedited shipping and it is still in transit. Today is April 6. Needed for a wedding. Tracked it from China to Los Angeles. Do not recommend this company.

marier46
4/6/17

DO NOT order from this company if you live in the US! Product ships from China! Paying for expedited shipping makes no difference either! I ordered something for a party and it won't be in as promised on the shipping order! There isn't an actual phone contact # for this company and all communication is done via email. They are slow to communicate and this has become a total hassle! I DO NOT recommend this company!

samanthad48
4/5/17

I understand the processing time and shipping, as that was not the issue. The issue was that after being explained this, no one responded to my request of bumping up shipping/processing speed (and paying more) to ensure my items arrived when requested. I purchased the items because I need them for an event 4/9-- the morning of the day of shipping arrival. Thus, I was anxiously waiting for my options (either I could pay to speed up the shipping or not, in which case I would cancel and purchase elsewhere).
Instead, the first ticket was closed after only explaining the processing before shipping. The second resolved and deleted because there were two tickets open. The third ignored after I mentioned speeding up shipping time (and paying) or I would request a refund. The forth and fifth addressed a portion of my previous message, stating they changed my address (as the system had the incorrect state based on the zip I provided for the shipping address). 6-8 messages were closed tickets and etc.. This is basically the runaround for 2 1/2 days.
Absolutely no one from customer service actually answered my only and most prevelant question of "May I please pay more to speed the process up?" This was super frustrating and therefore I've purchased what I need from elsewhere and cancelled/requested refund from these folks.

zoltant
4/4/17

Because of the high tax charges I rejected the package. I thought I already lost my money and the items as well. But many thanks for the supervisor, I've got my money back.

Tip for consumers: “PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM LIGHT IN THE BOX”

carlu2
4/4/17

when i orderd phone it said 1-4 days processing time but it has been 8 days and nothing has happend. I have contacted the support but they keep pushing back the date. when will you ship my product? I will change the review if you help me.

EDIT: I got a refund, the support person (Tammy) was very helpfull and kind.

roberth342
4/3/17

I am very dissatisfied having been told that I have to pay extra for import charges not factored in by Lightinthebox, only to be told I should have bought an 'insurance' type product. These guys do this for a living and urge others to avoid the poor delivery and service experience we have had, and shop elsewhere.

ashleyr108
4/1/17

I never revived my package and want my money back.!!!!! It's been two months I want my money back or I'm reporting this site!

emmam99
3/31/17

Don't order from this company. They are a shambles. They sent me the wrong item. I explained I needed the right item for a certain date for a fancy dress partyand they told me they would get it to me. Of course they didn't so I had to order from elsewhere at express delivery at more cost. They wouldn't let me return the item free of charge so I have had to pay postage to Poland and still haven't got a refund. The response to complaints is rubblish. Do yourself a favour and avoid. The products are cheap and nasty anyway

dawnc50
3/31/17

I ordered 5 dresses for my daughters sweet 16 court, yes it does take a while for them to come in about a month, but when I received them they are beautiful. The quality of the dress exceeded my expectations. The only thing I would tell people is make sure you order a bigger size than you wear because they run very small and I do have to exchange two out of the 5 dresses. Customer service was very helpful through out my whole order and answered all my emails promptly. If I don't have any issues with exchanging the two dresses I would say everything was great with light in the box, and I am very happy with my purchase.

dawnl65
3/30/17

I have ordered some items for my wedding, also a pair of shoes, a hat and some dress jewelry. Yes, delivery is slower (it is coming from China and it also has to pass customs) but everything has arrived exactly as the picture states. I had to return the shoes as they did not fit, the return label was issued and a credit issued. Contacting customer service is through "their" system and not as fast as I am used to, but again I have received responses and I have been satisfied. It does take time to get used the web site after placing orders etc. If there is not a return hub in your country then yes shipping back to China would probably be too expensive. I take all this into account when I order.

niklasg
3/30/17

I ordered two radios on february 16 and they didn't show up. I sent a ticket asking for info and they asked me to wait until march 16, which I did. Still no radios. Asked again on march 19. Package delayed due to "extremely busy schedule of the courier" they said and asked me to be patient and wait another week, which I did. No package. New contact on 28 march. They asked me to track the package with a number that was no tracking number via a link that didn't work. They now offered a refund if shipment hadn't reached Sweden, which I accepted. They now answered that package was delayed because courier was busy (DHL!) again!! Asked me to be patient (again) for another 19 (!) days. I insisted on a refund.

I guess I'll never get any products, nor refund, but who knows?. I will update you on any progress...

janicet36
3/30/17

One star is way too much to describe this website. They put up these sexy appealing images of clothes and when you order you are disappointed with the crap that you get. I ordered a jumpsuit, a velvet dress and another shorts-dress combo. When I got them I threw them all in the bin. The material is cheap, the clothes had no shape whatsoever and looked nothing like the pictures. This is my honest review. DO NOT BUY!!! TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!! The majority of these Chines sites are scammers selling cheap ugly clothes disguised by sexy pictures.

magaritac
3/29/17

muy buena atencion, las entregas garantizadas al 100% se puede demorar pero te llegan en buen estado y te dan el seguimiento.

tedw24
3/29/17

take heed.. do not be one of those people that read this review and makes a purchase anyway.. they will con you every step.. I have been given multiple reasons my item has not arrived and why no refund.. I am in paypal resolution now..

jacquil4
3/29/17

if I could give this company a minus 100 i would I must have sent at least 50 messages on tickets they take days to respond and generally when i write from this page. They changed my original order and there was less items on it as some out of stock but the total remains the same??? work that one out. They took my money straight away but say it will be 5-25 for refunds???? they shipped y stuff in 2 i got the first which was mainly clothes and just awful so now i am worried about the quality of the lights and taps i ordered. I complained yet again about the quality and sizing and No response. I order 3 lights to go over an island and they sent 2 no good to me i have pointed this out at least 3 or 4 times nothing!!! they keep saying they going to refund this that nad the other but nothing hitting my bank. MY ADVISE DON'T USE , TRY DHGATE GREAT SERVICE THERE!!! I am very worried i spent 989. on this site and i am trying to get a refund as all the items are out of stock . i am going back and forwards on their bloody tickets system, for days getting no response... now they saying they will cancel the order and it will take 2 days to show on the credit on their site then you have to draw down which can take 4 to 5 days . this has been going on over a week alreay. now i read these reviews....

matts145
3/29/17

Delivery turned up on time. No worries. I was a little worried about swapping it over by myself but didn't have any troubles in the end. It's only been a few weeks but it seems to be working fine. Also read a few bad reviews that worried me but I had not issues.

karenm320
3/28/17

I'd give them a big fat ZERO..they are scam artists...they play dumb but sure know how to steal your money...don't believe anything good about this site...shame on them!...

carmenc49
3/28/17

I order a tiara for my kid sweetb16 paid for xtra shipping n it said its in the bronx so we happy, guess what? 3 days later party date comes n no tiara. And still no tiara, she was told if in 15 days it dosent come we loose our money, no refund or replace. I had order b4 with no problem but its my last time ordering.

carolyng47
3/27/17

OH! Before anyone place an order using PAY PAL TO PLACE AN ORDER FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX... please use them with caution!!!! PAYPAL WILL NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON THERE PROMISE OR THERE POLICY WITH ASSISTING YOU AS A VALUED CUSTOMER WITH YOUR RETURNS NO MATTER WHAT PROOF/PICTURES YOU PROVIDE THEM WITH IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR EARNED MONEY BACK. PAYPAL ESCALATIONS DEPARTMENT WILL ACTUALLY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO LIE TO CUSTOMERS AND TELL THEM THAT THEY WILL CONTACT THE MERCHANT LIGHTINTHEBOX FOR YOU AND TELL THEM TO SEND YOU A RETURN LABEL WITHIN 24 HRS. I MUST ALSO ADVISED THIS MERCHANT LIGHTINTHEBOX WILL SEND THE ALREADY USED TANGLED WIG WHICH DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PICTURE ADVERTISED ON THERE SITE IN DIRTY PACKAGING AND EXPECT YOU TO KEEP IT AND PAY FOR IT. ALSO THEY WILL TAKE THERE TIME TO SHIP IT 11 DAYS LATER WHEN YOU COMPLAIN TO PAYPAL ABOUT ORDER YOU'VE ORDER WEEKS PRIOR. ALSO WHEN YOU TRY TO CONTACT THEM BY PHONE AND EMAIL ADDRESS THEY PROVIDE ON THERE SITE...IT COMES BACK AS NOT AVAILABLE/DISCONNECT AND FOR THE EMAIL COMES BACK AS ERROR MESSAGE. I guess PayPal was having trouble getting in contact with LIGHTINTHEBOX too so they have decided to close my case in the numerous emails I sent them. PayPal will not protect the VALUED CUSTOMER. THEY WILL PROTECT THE MERCHANT ANY DAY OVER MOST CUSTOMERS THAT USE THEM AND THEY WILL NOT KEEP THERE PROMISED AS THEY ADVERTISE...THEY WILL MAKE THE RETURN PROCESS SIMPLE AND WORK ON YOUR BEHALF. PAY PAL IS AN DECEITFUL BUSINESS THAT CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS TRUST TO HELP THEM WITH ISSUES WITH ANY MERCHANT BUT THE DON'T..ALMOST 3 MONTH LATER I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND OF $50.42 AS PAYPAL ESCALATION DEPARTMENT PROMISED TO REFUND ME IF THEY DID NOT RECEIVE AN REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE MERCHANT IN ESCALATION DEPARTMENT. I WILL RETAIN A LAWYER NOW BECAUSE ITS ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL AND I DON'T WANT ANY OTHER CONSUMER TO EXPERIENCE THE AWFUL SERVICE I'VE EXPERIENCE FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX AND PAYPAL.

denouell
3/27/17

Horrible quality, all was such a same from my order, terrible material, extrem bad work, very expensive shipment and douche fees! No customers service! The worse company ever! RUN AWAY! DO NOT ORDER! SUCH A SAME!
We should complain to high authorities to shut down that Chinese company, it is such a drama for customers! NEVER AGAIN

simonev10
3/25/17

Don't order from this company! They took payment of my order but never issued a email stating when I would receive the order or any other information. I checked on my account on their website, but there was no record on my account even though they had taken payment. Luckily I paid via Pay pal, so I logged on there and contacted Lightinthebox that way. I received an email stating I could check the status of my order and they provided a link. When I clicked on this link it sent me to a page stating I could win a trip to Disney land if I called a number! I then commenced a claim through paypal. I would never buy from this company again.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

362 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
sherrim11
Sherri M.
on 12/15/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

80 Photos for LightInTheBox