Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

China Wholesale, Clothing, Wholesale Clothing
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

saurabht
5/12/17

I bought some dresses off of Lightinthebox.com around boxing day in Dec 2016. Here are the facts:
- Shipment was delayed by almost 2 months
- Partial shipment received in Late Feb 2017.
- Incorrect sizing information. Dresses didn't fit
- There were Ink stains stamps on white dress!!
- When asked to exchange, was advised to hold till order was completed. I was promised that delay in order completion will not impede returns later.
- Remaining shipment delayed further due to "product being out of stock" - OK understandable.
- After Several followups got the final product in late March 2017.
- When asked to exchange, new customer service rep said there couldn't be any as the earlier tickets were closed despite promise!
- Had to reason with customer service to make them understand that delay was due to Lightinthebox asking me to hold returns till order complete.
- Finally got RMA to return. Returned all dresses for exchange/ refund in early April 2017.
- It is May 12, 2017. No word on exchange. Lightinthebox says they haven`t received the returned shipment?? What NONSENSE??!!...complete BS!!

I have been patiently discussing things for last 6 months. Not anymore. Next time, I`ll take my business somewhere else. In the age of amazon and quick returns, I have wasted so many hours trying to tackle this issue.
Here are the ticket#
14520969 - Check order status - Jan 31, 2017
14685701 - Return or exchange - Feb 08 2017
14685688 - Return or exchange - Feb 10 2017
14916879 - Return or exchange - Mar 15 2017
15367885 - Package not received - May 12 2017

jennifern54
5/11/17

Tammy fixed all problems I was having with other ticket workers for me and she was very nice throughout the whole thing. Definitely solved the problem faster than the other people and she actually knew what she was doing.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust this site. You're going to regret it down the road.

zeljkas
5/11/17

Do not order from here EVER!!! The worst site for online shopping. I can understand that it happen not to receive an item, but the way it was handled was awful. They sent me same message to wait for 2 months and then again to wait another 20 days. So they don't care, they just want to get rid of you. Of course, I won't see my money or package anymore. Do not order from here, it's the best advise I can give to somebody.

micheleb66
5/10/17

I ordered my daughter shoes three months ago. I still haven't received anything. I'm very disappointed, I wish I would have read these reviews before I ordered anything. Don't order anything!! This is a scam!

sherylg15
5/9/17

I ordered from them over 2 weeks ago. I was given a tracking number in my account.
Now my account is empty, no record of the order, no tracking number and no one to contact.
I have taken this up with paypal and will continue to share the word about this fraudulent website.

hollyf24
5/8/17

I bought a fascinator for the Kentucky Derby on their website. I ordered it two weeks before I needed it & paid an extra $10 for " 2 -3 day expedited shipping " as it said on their website. It NEVER came.. and they would not refund me. When I emailed them continuously, they said it was the shippers fault & to wait 10 days and it should be delivered. If I was worried, they said.. contact the shipping comany they hired directly.. and gave me their website. So basically- they scammed me out of my money AND took extra for fast shipping which they knew would not happen.

marinaexamf
5/5/17

hot time for most of us do not sare this options to be very serious about it as well this may give me many new ideas and then may help me be very quiet

mohammadn14
5/4/17

I buy Shoes from "light in the box "online website. I paid shipping charges and for fast delivery extra charges. It arrives via DHL. DHL came to my house and asking me $25 more for delivery at my house. Shoe cost $50 and I do not want to pay $25 more for nothing. For $75 I can buy those shoes anywhere from store. Its rip off. They do not show the delivery charges of DHL. Its hidden charges. Do not get fool from them.

lesliej21
5/4/17

My order never came !! its been almost 3 months !!and nothing !! i kept trying to get refund and all they did was keep sending me the same email over and over again saying your package has been sent ...they refuse to listen to my complaint that i never got it ! they stole my money and refuse to give it back

ryann53

JUST READ THE REVIEWS...

I ordered my fidgetspinner and cube and waited for it to come. IT DID NOT COME. It said it came on the 25 of april. IT DIDNT!

samy130
5/3/17

The process has been a complete nightmare from the start. I placed an order for 2 pairs of bike shorts via express and it still took ten days, don't waste your money. The size chat they use was off and the size was too big. One pair of the shorts was put together wrong, a nonslip band was sewn on the outside by mistake vice the inside and the leg length was longer. Now after numerous emails back and forth they want me to go through this incredible process to get refunded and also want me to pay the shipping. In other terms i will be out 25.00 for all the shipping and mess. Do yourself a favor and stay away from LightInTheBox. Also, Before you order that great deal realize this. When you find an item that has a decent price then you find the same thing on the site cheaper. It is not. Check the shipping charges. The better price item has a higher shipping. The costs are the same and they get you on the shipping.
FOLLOW UP 05 May 2017: The response from Pinni was a joke. The only way they will honor the correction to the problem is if I accept their plan, which will not work to my advantage, and if I change my review to 4-5 stars. Again...SAVE YOURSELF THE PROBLEM AND THE MONEY IT IS NOT WORTH IT. BUY FROM U.S. SELLERS ONLY!!!

clb5
5/3/17

I ordered a dress almost 3wks ago, have sent them two messages regarding non delivery and have not heard a word from them. There has been absolutely no contact from them at all. I'm not at all happy with their service and if they don't respond by the end of this week, I will be phoning my bank to try and recover my money back from them!!!!!

kimberlyn26
5/2/17

I ordered 3 pairs of wedge style flip flops with lots of bling on them; almost impossible to get in stores in white and with lots of bling 80-90/pair. My entire purchase at LITB cost me about 110. US including shipping and duties. Shipping was super fast. I love my new summer shoes.

pippaj
4/25/17

I bought a wig off this company a couple of weeks ago. There was a slight misunderstanding regarding the arrival time of the wig, but after speaking to Rebecca from the customer service team, she was incredibly helpful as to locating the parcel and making sure it did get to me on time.
I'd definitely order from this company again, was very pleased with how everything was handled :)

catherinea29
4/25/17

I made a purchase from this company and it never arrived. After contacting them and patiently waiting 60 days for the order to arrive they asked me to wait another 60 days before they would say it was lost. Finally my product was resent and I am very happy now.

marianam14
4/24/17

Pedi varios articulos para poder utilizar en primavera y verano, ordene cadigans y vestidos. Quede muy satisfecha con la compra y llego relativamente trabajo.
Volvere a comprar en esta tienda.
Solo recomiendo pagar por el seguro de envio por las aduanas.

Tip for consumers: Recomiendo utilizar el envio express con seguro de envio.

demarkusw
4/24/17

The bikes are very cheap and if they come damaged you cannot get them easily repaired because of the custom cheap parts used. I had a bent rear axel and the company refused to ship me new wheel after I told them it cannot be replaced by any bike shop. Now I have a bike with 2 different wheels and I have paid an excess of $209 to get all my issues fixed and make the bike ride-able. So with almost $800 total invested I have a bike that looks bad and can barley be used. Would have had a much better bike if I went to a local shop and would have paid less.

Tip for consumers: Please please check your local bike shop first. For 300 you can buy a much better bike than any of the bikes on this site.

samanthas109
4/23/17

After filing a review on here to bring to the attention of terrible customer service. Tammy today, had it solved quickly.
Brilliant thank you.

jens332
4/23/17

LIES - CHEATS - SCAMS.
They have lied regarding 4 different things. They have not refunded my money as well ($17.00) but most importantly? ITEMS ARE CHEAP, SHIPPING TOOK 30 days.

billyh54
4/22/17

Since March 20 2917 placed an order. Out of stock. Want my refund. $52.87. Not only refused but have lied every step of the way. I will not stop trying till I get my refund or get them off the internet. Theives and liers. Need to find out where they get support.

lannp
4/21/17

THIS IS SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!! I MADE AND ORDER ON APRIL 10, 2017, GOT A THANKS FOR YOUR PAYMENT EMAIL....THEN NOTHING. IT IS A SHAME PEOPLE ARE SCAMMED OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

mp111
4/20/17

I ordered a pair of shoes on Feb 19th. Today is April20th and I don't have the shoes. Each time I have made an inquiry they tell me to be patient and close the inquiry as being "resolved"? They can't seem to track the package? The event is this weekend so I have now purchased another pair of shoes. Yesterday, I asked for a refund. They closed the inquiry as "resolved" but didn't even respond. Totally disappointed!

job201
4/19/17

It's a total scam!! Ordered two items for my family as Christmas gifts, the delivery time was pushed back until way after Christmas so i cancelled and requested a refund. That was on the 7th December 2016! Still no money has come through even though it states 3-5 days. They will scam you, stay away and do not use!!!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs, you will end up being scammed by this company!

jonr59
4/19/17

After ordering a mini drone with combined handling and shipping/delivery of 13 days (which is the service I paid for) on the 7th of March I have still not received my order and the company refuse to refund me until after 60 days as THEY shipped it with the wrong postage!! Somehow this according to them is my fault!! After several emails from them giving me a tracking number that doesn't work and they in an earlier email admitted the number didn't work, I still have to keep trying!! Thankfully i used paypal so I have opened a dispute with them for a refund.. PLEASE PLEASE try not to use this half arsed company of idiots and fib tellers and if you do PLEASE PLEASE use PayPal!!

janelleg7
4/18/17

They do not have the products advertised in stock, they cannot deliver them in the time they aadvertise and then if you cancel the order they keep 50% of your money which is not advertised on their website even when you don't receive the product after cancelling a product they could not provide timely.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R. on 1/16/16
Helpful answer

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T. on 5/29/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html We're really sorry that you might feel nervous for the negative review you saw. However, please trust us that there might be some misunderstanding between us and those customers who left the negative comments. We'll do everything to satisfy our customers. Our company might not be a perfect company but we will always take responsibility if we make mistake. Also, we have a lot of positive review, so we hope you could just give us the chance to enjoy our service and to prove our service quality by your own judgement . Your kindly understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 8/22/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 6/3/16
Helpful answer

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 10/11/16
Helpful answer

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K. on 1/7/16
Helpful answer

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b. on 3/30/16
Helpful answer

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s. on 12/15/15
Helpful answer

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

82 Photos for LightInTheBox