US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

76%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jacelienw
1/11/17

There were some problems with import tax, but lightinthebox were willing to refund the tax monies. Which were quickly recredited to my account!

I must come back and say that- Pinni is willing to refund the monies after reconsideration. So it does make their after sales services very good!

kayleyt
1/11/17

In December 2016, I ordered two dresses and two coats from light in the box. The dresses were made from very cheap, thin materials that were falsely advertised. One even had a pattern on it that was not on the picture. The coats have shoulders too small to be worn (yet I ordered the correct size for every other company in Europe.) When the package arrived I was charged 35 for shipping (on top of the shipping cost when I paid for the items.) This was absolutely terrible, avoid at all costs.

christiec13
1/10/17

Hello there on January 7, 2017 I chose to place an order of sale items. I purchased 5 items (dresses) and on three of them it stated in yellow "ships in 24 hours". After paying the following day I got a confirmation saying it would be mailed on February 22nd, so this then started my correspondence with Light in the Box. They do respond quickly however after being told on Jan. 9th it would be 27 to 30 days before shipping out because as they put in the email "the shipping date is dependent on the item that requires the longest processing" I chose to cancel my order, are they not wanting to honor their statement because of shipping costs? May be you should order each item individually?? it'll be interesting to see how quickly they respond to that request. Not happy

janiellet
1/9/17

UPDATE:
My decision to change the rating from 1 to 4 stars is because customer service
yesterday contacted to say they were willing to refund the full cost of the
headphones immediately including shipping if I change the review to show their
amazing service has resolved the case.
No hassle, no return. Although I am extremely pleased that I've finally received
decent communication from someone that is helpful, I'm still annoyed that it took
so much time and effort. My experience with an actual human being (!) through
a customer service ticket was positive, definitely better than the service that I had
received before.
Even though, this process took a long time I have been told that they will contact
their supplier to let them know of the product quality. Hopefully they'll listen and so
I (or anyone else) has to go through this. My advice to a potential buyer is to
ensure that they research information for product they want to buy off this site and
don't just read reviews.

ORIGINAL:
I ordered a pair of headphones on 15 December, 2016. They said it would take 8-10 business days to arrive which means it should have arrived by the 29th at latest. When I checked on the 4th of January, they hadn't even arrived in Canada. They didn't get here until today. (9 January, 2017)

I tried contacting customer service but they have no phone number. First red flag. I opened a ticket asking what's going on with my order and they responded the next day to say that it has been resolved. The link they sent in the email led to a page that said 'you have no orders' (!). I had to make 3 inquiries about the item on its listing before anyone responded. All they said was to go to my account and look under My Orders. Obviously they weren't paying attention when I told them that no order is showing, yet my $30.45 has been paid to..........someone.

When I finally received the headphones, (2 weeks too late to give as a Christmas gift) they are cheaply made and play a loud Asian lady's voice every time you choose a function, turn it off, turn it on, etc.

TL;DR
You're probably reading this and other reviews because you're unsure about this site. I know their prices are very attractive and it looks legitimate, but don't waste your time with them. It's going to cost you precious time trying to get help with whatever they screwed up and possibly whatever you paid for it.

There are a few good reviews that say they've had no problem with this site and if you're tempted to listen to them and think the bad ones must be rare, it's up to you man. But the first thing you see is often worth noting.
Tip: never trust any company without a customer service phone number.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

joshuaj34
1/5/17

Had ordered for something 28th November,2016 and haven't received it yet. When I asked them for a refund and they keep sending the same mail about being sorry and refunding the shipping fee so that we can use it on another purchase which is again another scam of getting more money in......Why doesn't anyone read these reviews and do something about this website???

marcink6
1/5/17

I ordered robotic vacuum hoover and magic cleaner. It supposed to arrive after 5 days as stated on the order. Never get the items. After a month I've been informed they are out of stock and they offered me vouchers only. They don't want to refund what I paid. They've stolen the money I paid!

celinac1
1/4/17

Never got a package after nearly 2 months for a package that never came they finally put my money back

gregoryw28
1/4/17

I paid $264 to wait for almost a month to receive 3 paintings. It was supposed to be shipped and arrived at my place within 5-8 business days. It didn't even ship until day 7 and from china. I live in colorado, so it wasn't going to arrive from china in 1 day. When i complained they said that it would be here by the fourth of january Well it's the fourth of january today and its not even in the united states yet. When i complained and told them to cancel my order and give me my money back, they completely ignored my demand to return my money to me. So now i'm looking forward to either dealing with dumbass inconsiderate customer service people and or settling this with a lawsuit because they are ignoring my demand to give me my money back.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.

karb7
1/4/17

Please think twice about buying from this site. VERY DISHONEST- BLATANTLY LIED ABOUT SHIPPING TIME. The listing for my item said processing 24 hours, delivery 5-8 days. I ordered on Dec 7 so 3 weeks before Christmas. Received a standard reply after complaint to say it had been dispatched on Dec 31 and to be patient! Further emails have resulted in silence. Had I known it wasn't going to be sent 'priority' but on a slow boat, I could have bought it on eBay for one quarter of the price where sellers were at least honest it would be sent economy and take 30 days. Would never buy from them again.

tamikag1
1/3/17

Ordered my thing 2 weeks before xmas and still haven't received my package... I asked for a refund. Still yet to receive anything.. Don't trust d them at all. Period. Don't pay for anything...SCAM. SCAM...

mikeb332
1/3/17

I get an update every now and then which has proven to be incredibly unhelpful. Here's the translated update info which seems to suggest it's been sent to Heathrow multiple times in the past month. Not sure I'll ever see my bike lights - really should have checked which country I was ordering from!
2017-01-03 23:49

Suzhou city, leave sent to London's Heathrow airport hub city, Suzhou city (transit)
2017-01-03 18:28

2016-12-28 18:13

2016-12-22 18:48

2016-12-12 19:39

2016-11-18 15:53

Suzhou, Suzhou international conservation area get to vote has been received

margm1
1/2/17

I had decided to try and order something from Lightinthebox.com despite some reservations about ordering from China. I ordered a $70 dollar item and hoped for the best. I have to say that the item I received was exactly as pictured, good quality and I am quite happy with my purchase. Quite honestly I didn't expect the shipping time to be as promised, but it definitely arrived with a 2 week period and I was able to track the package with the number I had. I did express some concern about if it would really come and the customer service rep Fabio, contacted me regularly and even credited some money back to my paypal account without me asking for any compensation. I ordered from the USA, received my package within 2 weeks, had good customer service and my daughter is happy with the surprise item I ordered her...I realize this review seems to be in contrast to others on this company, but I was happy with my experience with this company. My only hint would be with sizing-I did order my daughter a large on a fur vest where I would probably order a medium and it worked out perfect. I do think that the Asian sizing does run small.

richc39
1/1/17

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE Horrible experience Wish I had looked at reviews before ordering from this piece of crap company. Order never came. They refused to address the issue All you get is a computer generated letter saying it will be there in a week. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

rosemarieh4
12/31/16

If I could have given them a 0 star, I would have. I placed an order on December 8th, it was debited to my card & supposedly shipped on the 14th with an expected delivery date if the 22nd. When I didn't receive it, I looked for a customer service number to call. SURPRISE! No number. The only way to communicate was to put a "ticket" in. Which I did. The response I received was a tracking number (which was bogus) and an apology because they said they've mailed it to the wrong address. When I checked my order the address that they supposedly shipped it to was correct! They said if I didn't receive my package by January 27 to put another ticket in. This is a bogus website do yourself a favor and stay off of it !!

alext80
12/30/16

I had same experience from LITB, the order item on 20/12 is never turn up to date. Defer and defer the delivery. End up to the supervisor, they stop the games and said, if I refuse the items when it arrived, when it come back to them, they will give me full refund. No solution and report to bank for a scam

traviek
12/30/16

Total of my goods were £31,and all too small. Also had to pay DHL £17 customs fee. Wish I had told them not to bother delivering. Not sure how to go about sending back or if I will even get refunded

mariat86
12/29/16

Price for quality very nice. Received in 3 weeks.- Only problem size. All tops ran small - I gave them away, however liked them so much reordered in larger size.

barbaraj63
12/29/16

I would never order fr9m them again. Merchandise is shoddy and they don't stand behind it. Buyer beware!!!!

yulissas
12/28/16

Not too long ago I wrote a bad a review about this company, because they deserved it. Thanks to Fabio, I finally got my package 2 months later, I also got my money back! I promised to rate it more than 3 stars after they solved my issue. So there you go your 5 damn stars. One things for sure I'm Never buying from that company ever again!

pauld197
12/28/16

Avoid this retailer at all costs. I was advised 1-4 business days processing time on 17th of December (with 3 -5 days express delivery on top).
According the LITB my order and payment was received on 18th of December this is understandable as it may well have been the early morning in China. However my despatch date changed to 27th December (despite this being 5 business days + 2 weekends and a bank holiday).

Disappointed and mindful of the fact that I had been given a cash offer on my old phone which was only valid for 14 days, I used the only method possible the "ticket" service to advise of the initial 1-4 day service agreement and request that this be processed ASAP.
Waiting over 24 hours I was disappointed to receive what looked like a generic response with the promise of despatch no later than 27th December.
Wanting assurance that this would definitely be despatched on time I sent another "ticket" stating I was disappointed with the generic response and advising I had a number of family and friends who were potential customers awaiting a review of the product and service. I also reinforced the fact that I would lose money on the sale of my old phone if the new despatch date was not met. More than 24 hours later I received the exact same generic response.
So again I sent another ticket bearing the same details emphasising the fact I would like a personalised response addressing each point and issue I had raised.
Over 24 hours later I received the same generic response. At least all of the responses promises that the item would be despatched no later than the 27th but still I wasn't impressed by the customer service (or lack of) and so sent a further ticket stating my annoyance that after 3 requests I still did not receive a personalised response addressing all my points.
Over 24 hours later I received a "personalised" response which stated that they have a really busy holiday period and that they would get back to me in 24 hours.
This never materialised. In the following days I sent a number of tickets requesting a response. By which time the 27th December had now passed.
After 27th December I sent a number of tickets requesting confirmation of despatch and a tracking number. I also did not receive any response.
I have also requested a refund and surprise, surprise! No response!
Even more astounding is that during the "busy holiday period" they had manged to update their twitter feed with the latest products and address disgruntled customers both on twitter and review sites. Yet could not manage to despatch my item on time or respond to my tickets. No confrimation of despatch and no tracking number. I am still awaiting a refund of nearly £400
.AVOID AVOID AVOID!

christophers94
12/27/16

Pinni reached out to me and promised to fix my issue. I was shocked by this, and wish I could completely reverse my review earlier.

alia199
12/27/16

I had some problems. but the site helped me out. The quality is very good and the prices are cheap. I will be a lifelong customer of theirs.

nealc19
12/27/16

items (make up and brushes) ordered early December didn't arrive by 25 December so no good to me.

wasn't happy with first reply - my concerns were progressed to a supervisor that has proposed a solution

marak1
12/25/16

Once complained, they take the opportunity to help you and truly sympathize with you. My problem was resolved and now I completely understand the delay.

mikar9
12/25/16

paradis du faux, des délais de plusieurs mois pour être livré et recevoir des articles de mauvaise qualité après avoir du faire une réclamation paypal. me suis fait aoir une fois, plus jamais

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

319 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
juliet219
Julie T.
5 days, 19 hours ago
Answer
lightintheboxf
LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep]
A: If you choose shipping method with tracking, an auto email will be sent to you with courier and tracking number once order is shipped out. Thanks for your inquiry.
5 days, 15 hours ago
5 days, 19 hours ago
Answer
lightintheboxf
LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep]
A: If you choose shipping method with tracking, an auto email will be sent to you with courier name and tracking number once order is shipped out. Thanks for your inquiry.
5 days, 15 hours ago