US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

danb98

Be careful - their customer service makes the customer feel like they don't have a right to complain. (in 30 reviews)

robynd2

I don't know where they get their clothing, but I'll never order from this place again. (in 40 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

johnp409
7/14/16

This is the second Hawk helmet I've owned. Both bought from Leatherup. The first one was recalled by the DOT because it was unsafe. Nice to know after you've been riding around with it on your head.
I noticed after wearing it just a few times that the visor had become crystallized on the interior. Trying to wipe it off only smudged it and made it worse. Three months of Emails and Leatherup sent me a replacement visor that was also defective. It had folds in the plastic right in the field of vision. Also defective.
The interior visor is not a clear tinted plastic. It has a cloudiness to the plastic that when you face the sun grays out! You can hardly see through it! I pointed this out to Leatherup as well. They said that when they get one off of another helmet they'll send me one. Four months of Emails and calls and all I got was a $16 clear visor and a helmet I can't use . With every Email or phone call the rep, Richard, says he has to take it up with "upper management". Really? You need to talk to upper management to get a visor or helmet replaced?!!!
I asked LU for contact info for Hawk because I contacted them on their web site and never heard from them. I got three emails. info@hhcohelmet.com, hawkhelmet@yahoo.com, hhcohelmet@gmail.com. Yahoo and Gmail.com? Really?! No one responded any of the emails. I also got a phone and fax number for Shri Lanka. Really?! That's their customer support?!!! I tried faxing them but the fax would never go through. I give up!
In my opinion THIS IS A DANGEROUS HELMET TO WEAR. You need to see clearly out of a helmet and you can't with this one. Customer support is worthless from Leatherup and good luck trying to reach Hawk. If you buy this helmet you're taking your life in your hands. It wouldn't surprise me if they recalled this one too.

vicd6
6/24/16

Needless to say
Out of our life

jms6
4/29/16

I bought a jacket and it had a defective leather panel(it was horribly cracked everywhere). I called customer service and they asked for pictures. I sent the pictures and then I was told it was normal. I talked to another agent and they said the same thing, that it's normal. It was like being told 2+2=5 and no matter who I talked to my obviously defective jacket wasn't defective??? I asked for a manger to call me and no one would called me. My only option was to pay to return the jacket for a possible refund?? What a shady company. Don't deal with them!

michellec120
4/22/16

I had high hopes that this was going to be a great business, but it turned out to be a horrible experience. I ordered an expensive motorcycle jacket about a month ago and while the shipping time was impeccable...the events following were a complete nightmare. In short, the jacket did not fit and I needed to return it for a full refund.
Soooo.....here goes my process of "the dreaded return/refund debacle"....
I spoke to LeatherUp.com's customer service at least 4 times and at one point, I called 3 times only to get my phone call disconnected/dropped ----3 times my call was "mysteriously" disconnected (after holding for several minutes, of course)---- I was beginning to SERIOUSLY doubt the legitimacy of this business.
Basically, my money was NOT being refunded by LeatherUp.com in a timely manner and I had to get my bank involved. Time is money, people--- I can NEVER get my time back--- and I wasted A LOT of time trying to get my $399.95 refund from this so-called "company", LeatherUp.com.
So, after LeatherUp.com received an email from me stating that my bank is now involved, they were more motivated to refund my $399.95.
In conclusion, yes, I DID receive a refund of $371.95 (sans the $28 I had to pay to ship it back to them--- LeatherUp.com did NOT provide a paid return label)----I received my refund 19 days after they received my returned jacket, but it was NOT in a timely manner and I had to get my bank involved, which is NEVER a good thing. Fortunately, I bank with an awesome bank and they had my back-- at least MY BANK had my best interest.
I will NOT be buying any products from LeatherUp.com again. No thank you.

paulg125
4/22/16

I ordered a helmet and decided it wasn't the right one . I ordered another before I received the first and told customer service I'd just refuse the first delivery. She told me I wouldn't receive a refund and I'd have to accept it and then ship it at my expense. I shouldn't have listened to her. $18 for return shipping after I already paid $6.95, So I'm just keeping the $39 helmet. It isn't worth the expense of shipping it back. That's the ONLY order they'll ever receive from me. Never again. Most venders I use tell me to simply refuse delivery. I'd rather pay the shipping at the rate they're billed. Don't buy at Leatherup. Stay away!

christophers70
4/13/16

Ask where my order was and no one knew. Asked the customer service guy if I could speak to his manager he said no. I said I bet you can seem him right now and the service rep said yes but still could speak to the manager. The don't stand behind their money back garentee nor the if ordered before 1pm ships same day. It was pulled same day according to emails but shipped a week later.

garyr57
4/13/16

I was just about to spend close to $2,500 on Motorcycle wear but then saw these reviews! Thank heavens for social media, I wouldn't pay these crooks in tap washers let alone dollars!

mikef102
3/21/16

WARNING!!! DO NOT do online business with this company. SERIOUSLY! It's like your account will disappear into the abyss. They NEVER respond to emails, complaints, NOTHING. You may find a small minority of people that say nice things about this company, but look at where most of their ratings are??? Down at the 1 level and only because there's no 0 to rate them at. STAY AWAY!

donh83
3/15/16

Stay away, they do not back anything. Horrible horrible company.

rogert28
3/7/16

Never will buy here again

bethb38
3/7/16

Well, I bought a motorcycle jacket for my son for Xmas ( in November). Although it was a very nice jacket, when he opened it on Xmas he did not want it - he was no longer going to buy a bike. Because there was no leeway for returning Xmas presents (really?) - 30 days no matter what, I had to accept their policy of a restocking charge and paying for the return of the jacket. In total, I got NOTHING and paid $30 in restocking charges and $30 in mail charges. Never heard of a company not allowing for Xmas returns. So after paying $149.00, I got $89.00 back. Would never buy from them again.

kittym6
3/5/16

This is literally the worst purchase I have ever made! Ordered a jacket fits just fine 15 mins of wear and the outer shell is peeling off all over! Seriously 15 mins! I've submitted a complaint to the company however reading the rest of the reviews I might as well cut my losses. Please if you haven't already DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE!

tomw101
1/6/16

Bought a pair of boots and a jacket from LeatherUp and had a good experience with both. Purchased a pair of riding pants and they melted the first time I wore them even though they were advertised as being "heat resistant. I have been trying to get an answer from them for 2 months if they will allow me to return them and after completing the form on their web site and sending 8 e-mails Including 2 with pictures they requested - still no answer! Filled out an unfavorable review on their web-site and guess what? It doesn't appear.
Buyer Beware! If you choose to purchase anything from this company - assume it is non-returnable and don't believe any of the product reviews!

jims166
1/6/16

Bought Jacket for Son in early November for Xmas. He showed up on the 26th from out of town Size was wrong. Leather Up would not exchange it because they said it was more than 30 days. Fkn BS how are you supposed to buy an Xmas gift and get it on time and then not be able to exchange foe the correct size!!
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! OH AND THE SIZE CHARTS ARE NO GOOD!!!

elainem41
12/29/15

zero stars!

joyp10
12/13/15

I bought 2 coats both 2xL. 1 fits perfect the other fits like a large. They wont me to pay to return the item when i ordered the right size. There size scale is off big time. Doesn't seem like this is my fault, especially since both are the same size, and same brand. Customer services is blaming me for ordering the wrong size. Think I'd rather pay more money than deal with them.

bobr61
11/27/15

Garbage. Boots came UNGLUED after trying on. Can't return it. 501st avoid leatherup.com

tomb165
11/23/15

This place is impossible to get off mailing site ive deleted and marked them as spam at least 8 times they just don't get customer service is .On top of poor fitting products.

carlotaa
10/20/15

Returned a pair of boots that didn't fit and they wouldn't give a refund because they said they showed wear. They supposedly took pictures of the boots to "prove" this. Um, my son wore them inside for a few hours ONE time to get a feel for the fit. I don't think they could have started to wear.

Bottom line, they look for ANY excuse to not give a refund. On my phone call with them, they would not budge at all or grant any courtesy, which is not good customer service.

Not someone you want to do business with!!!!!

dl76
10/1/15

Searched for Tour Master Heated Gear on google. Ad for LeatherUp appears advertising 20% off TM jacket and 12% off using promo code Save12. Clicked thru that ad to LeatherUp site. Ordered my stuff. Save12 promo code doesn't work. Go to live chat and have absolutely miserable customer service experience. Says they only honor discounts offered on their site. Want to know what site I got info from. Google search. They can't find. Offer 5% code. I tell them they advertised 12% and need to honor it. Circular conversation. They ask same questions multiple times then tell you same answer, can't find ad/code and won't won't honor their advertised internet offers. I have screen shot of advert. Their system won't allow you to send attachments. SHOP ELSEWHERE AS THEY ARE BAIT & SWITCH CREEPS.

rowanb10
9/16/15

I ordered a usa asylum vest on a tuesday so I could have it the following week. I left for the weekend and when I returned on monday I found they sent me the wrong vest. It had the correct item number on the vest but it was not the asylum (it is something with tassels and buttons). I called the next day (tuesday) and they said they'll check their inventory and send out the correct vest and in the mean time they will email me a return shipping label. I was also told I'll get a call back when they have checked for my vest.
the next day (wednesday) I call the back to ask about the shipping label because I wanted to get the process started asap since the order is already a week late. the lady who answered said they checked and do not have the vest and wrote in the notes for my case that I am supposed to pick another vest instead (this was news to me...). I asked the lady whats upo with the label since it's supposed to be email and I want this to go asap.
they finally sent me the return label BUT it's a fed ex ground label and the (wrong) vest they sent me came usps so I cannot use the same shipping bag AND I have to take it to a fed ex facility to send off instead of having my mailman take it :(
they suggested I buy (not exchange) an xelement vest that costs $20 more than the asylum I ordered...

so I now have to wait a week for a vest I didn't even want and it costs $20 more plus I have to go to fed ex to send off their mistake. they do not offer any compensation for wasting my time (I asked) and they suggest I spend more money with them to fix a problem they made... VERY terrible business.

Tip for consumers: do not shop here.

jos4034
9/4/15

Why does Leatherup treat there customers so badly?
I returned tree items over 1.5 months ago. Followed there instructions and have phoned them 4 times now. Your sizing is a joke if you think you need a 2xl you had better order a 5xl and it might still be tight,
I want my money refunded for the $#*! I sent back I did want the sizes changed but summer is over now.

Tip for consumers: Run away as fast as you can.

lannyb10
8/26/15

I ordered an Xelement Jacket from these guys and it arrived without the zipout vest. I contacted the company and for the past three weeks have recieved phone calls and e-mails making excuses for not shipping the vest. The last e-mail assured me that they were shipping the vest that day. That was a week ago and no vest has arrived. I would strongly advise against purchasing from this company

roba22
7/28/15

I ordered an XXL helmet, order number 4386026 which I normally wear but there is no way that the helmet is a 2XL. It's more like a 4XL which is way to large for my head and the lining does not even snap in and falls out very easily. I was told that I had to pay to ship it back which irritates me being that I have ordered so much from the company in the past which I have always had good experience. I will not continue doing business or recommend doing business with a company that doesn't take care of their customers. "

johnr231
7/19/15

These guys just suck. Read the rest of the reviews and that should tell you. I purchased a pair of boots that were defective and when I tried to return them, with pictures, they told me that they determined it to be "improper care" haha. They refused to exchange them or refund me. Never ever doing business with these guys again, and I suggest you don't either.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LeatherUp staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question