Review of LeatherUp

Las Vegas, NV 89109
Tel: 1-800-846-6010

jimb306
7/8/17

I paid top dollar for two helmets. I couldn't get to use the promo code because Scorpion helmets are the exception to the rule (I call BS)
My helmets arrived and they are both from 2014. A helmet only has a 3yr shelf life so in a few months, these will be expired. Don't buy from these scam artists!

ericg90
6/22/17

Sure wish I would have read the reviews on this place before I purchased. HORRIBLE customer service.

Story:
I bought two (2) helmets through them. One of them showed up defective. I asked for it to be replaced. Admittedly, life got busy and it took me a long time to return it. BUT, when I did, it took them an equally long time to respond and when they did, the helmet that I wanted was out of stock. And, what's worse is the replacement helmet was ALSO DEFECTIVE! I mean, these people must do ZERO quality control checking on their products. Further, the helmet they sent me clearly had someone else's finger prints all over the part that was defective (sun visor) so, it was pretty obviously a return from another customer that they just put back up on the shelf for resale without actually fixing the problem!
Now, it has literally been 7 months since I first ordered my helmets and I still only have half of my original order. I asked an associate if they would do something to make me feel better about the whole thing. She said they would try but that she had to check with her manager. Then, I get a call back the next day from a different associate who basically said, send back the helmet, and we'll send you a replacement, but you aren't getting anything from us. Further, they never even sent a pre-paid return label for the helmet!!!

RUN FAR, RUN FAST. The sooner these charlatans go out of business the better.

dontbuyf
6/20/17

I could've and should've just been patient from the start. I paid $40 extra for express shipping, and its been 5 days since my order shipped, which means I should've just used standard shipping. Still haven't gotten the product yet, and after seeing all these reviews I am fairly nervous. I will do another review after I receive my very slowly shipped express package.

DONT PAY EXTRA FOR BETTER SHIPPING. IT WILL STILL BE VERY SLOW!

carolv35
6/8/17

I ordered a pair of riding boots last year in August after one time of wearing the boots the eyelet let loose called company and they gave me 25.00 to fix which I did. The other day while riding I lost 2 more eyelets when I emailed company they told me that I was past my 30 days I said well my boots are falling apart, still said no.
I purchased a pair of boots 3 years ago a (bogos) they started to leak when I was in the store I meantioned that the boots leaked took them back and got a brand new pair thats how business should work, stand by the products you sell now I am stuck with pair of poorly made boots that I can't wear as I am sure the rest of the eyelets will fall out as well.

never again will I shop there and I will be telling my friends as well to never by anything there either

jimm1401
5/13/17

I have ordered from them before, good experience. This last order I looked at a pair of boots, did not see a width size so I called their sales number and asked about the width. I was told "ALL our boots come in a Medium Width", so I ordered the boots. When they arrived I tried them on and they were a regular width, no markings in the boots to indicate they were a Medium Width. My rant come due to the fact that when I called their customer service number about the boots I was told "you have to pay for return shipping", even tho' their sales department had lied to me about the sizing of their boots. I tried 2 times to get them to pay for return shipping and both times they refused. They even removed the purchase from my account so I could not write a review of their crappy customer service on that invoice on their web site. I would imagine all their reviews are generated by a "good review service company" than real customers. Beware of them, do not order from them.
I will never recommend Leatherup.com to anyone again. I will never purchase anything from them again. As an avid rider I was telling people about them before but not any more!

Tip for consumers: Go elsewhere!!!!

danielp145
4/29/17

I ordered 2 jackets for my children. one was way too small. I followed directions for exchange and 2 wks later got an email saying I had a tracking number and my item was ready to be shipped from company. they never shipped it. I called 2 months later and they said they ran out of that product I said give my my refund. Another 2 months go by and I had to email them threatening legal action. I got my refund. horrible company.

Tip for consumers: don't

samanthak35
4/13/17

I ordered 2 shipments containing motorcycle helmets. womens boots, a woman's leather jacket. The jacket and boots did not fit so I followed the directions on the return and never received the exchanged merchandise or credit for the return. I sent countless emails and left numerous messages on the only number available on their website with no response. Finally, a year and a half later our helmets have been recalled. Using the customer service number that was included in the return info from Fedex, I was actually able to get in touch with a person. She could not answer any of the questions I had concerning the recall nor would she help with my concerns from previous orders. Buyer Beware!!!!! DO NOT order from this company!!!!!!!

michaelp303
4/11/17

This is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I ordered a leather motorcycle jacket in size 5x. I received it and coudn't even get my arms in it so I called customer service to get correct size. They told me to measure the jacket and send them the pictures which I did. They said this would be the only way they would pay for return shipping if they discovered the size was incorrect. Well guess what? The jacket said it was a 5x but was really a 3x in true size and they did not have anything bigger. They then sent me the return shipping label as I had asked for a refund. I received the label and promptly shipped back on 3/17/17. They did not receive it until 3/31/17 via fed ex I might add. Today id 4/11/17 and I am still waiting for my refund. I called and waited on hold of course for 35 minutes and finally got a person who goes by the name Val who proceeded to tell me what I already knew, they received my return on 3/31/17 and it takes 4-7 business days to refund. I asked to speak to a manager and she told me to hold on. When came back to the phone she stated they are going to process the refund but today is the 7th business day. I asked what happened to getting a manager and she told me she is a manager yet would only tell me her name was Val. I asked to speak to the Frankie which is the person I had been dealing with throughout the order and return but he was too busy. Next step for me is complaint to attorney general and BBB along with every bad review I can post!

peters314
4/5/17

For three days I tried to place an order to ship international, but it kept failing.
Finaly called their customer service and the young lady I spoke to could not give a crap about the issues and kept trying to get me off the phone as it seamed she had other things to do.

Tip for consumers: Find another supplier

victorm80
3/16/17

Bought a leather jacket in December. Zipper is defective. Emailed them for a repair or replacement. Return email thanked me for my interest and concerns, and then advised me warranty is over, cant help you. Terrible customer service. BTW, jacket made in Pakistan. Wish I knew that before purchase.

josephs206
3/13/17

I order a leather jacket according to their "sizing charts" and it was WAAAAY to big. Now, it's going to cost me and arm and a leg to return. Also, the jacket barely resemble the picture in the site. Very unhappy. I won't be dealing with them ever again.

carlosz10
2/27/17

Although the merchandise featured on their website photos looks good, that is NOT
what they ship! My sister ordered jackets that arrived in horrible condition, as if
they had been wadded up in a ball for a long period of time. They had deep creases
all over, at strange angles (not from being neatly folded). Leather conditioner did
not improve the appearance of the jackets. The sizes are CHINESE, which are different from American sizes. Everything on LeatherUp's website is a lie, from the
photos to the inaccurate sizing. They do not offer a shipping return label. In fact,
their customer service representatives offer NO ASSISTANCE AT ALL!

tomb258
2/13/17

I ORDERED THE SNOWMASTER HELMET WITH BLUETOOTH (ARRIVED TO ME DAMAGED). THE HELMET FELT CHEAP AND WAS NOT MADE VERY WELL. THE BLUETOOTH SYSTEM WAS HORRIBLE. CAME WITH MISSING HARDWARE AND WAS DAMAGED IN THE BACK OF THE HELMET. THEY SAID I REMOVED THE PLASTIC FILMED AND IT LOOKED USED. IN FACT I DID NOT USE THIS HELMET. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS. THE FACT THEY ARE IN LA IS ENOUGH SAID.

jond85
2/3/17

I purchased a helmet and bluetooth speaker system that attaches to your helmet. After opening the package and trying the bluetooth system on the helmet, I found it uncomfortable and I couldn't hear it over the engine. So naturally I called to see if I could return the Bluetooth set since I'd never use it. They told me to ship both helmet and bluetooth back (even though I wanted to keep the helmet).

A few weeks later my package arrived just as I had sent it, with helmet and bluetooth included and no refund (goodbye $30 in shipping) . I called them again and they said when I opened the packaging I voided my ability to return the both items (would have been good to know ahead of time)... but just to clarify how this return policy works, simply by opening a product and finding it doesn't fit, doesn't work, isn't what you want etc., you negate the ability to return it. Well how do you know if it works/fits if you can't even open it! Why not just say - no returns/exchanges!

Not only that, but the "manager" gave me the run around on the phone, saying they'd take care of it and get back to me, which they never did. I know they're cheaper than other sites online, but don't expect any kind of return/exchange... just assume what you get is what you get.

bettyw49
1/23/17

Purchased boots for my husband for Christmas in November. They did not fit so I returned the boots for a larger size at my cost, which was over $20.00 since I was shipping from the east coast. Received an email saying I have a store credit. Called customer service and told them I wanted a larger size, not a store credit. I was told the larger size is no longer in stock, so I asked for a refund. Was told no refund can be given because it was over 30 days since I purchased the boots and I could only exchange the boots or get a credit. My husband only liked the one pair of boots they have. He does not own or ride a motorcycle so the store credit is unless to us. I was told I could give them my email address and they can notify me when the larger size boots come back in stock. Who knows when that will be! They are thieves that take your money and give you nothing in return. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she was a supervisor. She did not care about helping me at all. Of course not, they have my money. I will never even purchase anything from them again!

tricias24
1/23/17

Horrible customer service! Sent four emails to their customer support email and never received any response. I found a phone contact number and reached out to them today by phone. Not only was the person very rude, but she could absolutely care less that I was not pleased with my purchase. She agreed that the helmet should not make a whistle sound but then followed up by saying "because it was worn once we cannot take it back"...my question is..."how do you know it whistles unless you try it out on the road". Guess I should have had my son run around the yard at 40MPH to see if he heard anything. Live and learn...they won't get any more of my money and I would suggest ordering from any other company than this one for your motorcycle needs. Way to many choices out there to deal with a company who does not stand behind their product!

kerstenh
1/19/17

very very poor customer service.....sent 3 emails--all responded w/ same cut and paste from web site. Tried chat--had the most rude exchange w/ Val...phone the company. apparently only "Val" works there. She refused to connect me to management or provide any info as to how I could contact them.
never again!!!

oft
1/14/17

I purchased a xelement armor motorcycle jacket from leatherup in December 2016 for my husband's Christmas present. The jacket was made in Pakistan of very poor quality on the second day he wore it the jacket zipper pull came off when he tried zipping it up. when we inspected the jacket stitching was coming undone and the snap buttons that hold the inner liner and the jacket together had a broken button. I contacted customer service and they told me to send pictures they sent me a return label and it is currently being inspected by leatherup. The customer service rep said, "after they inspect the jacket they will repair the jacket or replace it if it's not repairable." I am not satisfied with either out comes because if the jacket is repaired it's still defective in my opinion so I know I will have problems with the jacket later down the road after the 30 day warranty expires. Not only that since it's an armor jacket and its poorly made how can I feel confident and feel safe that my husband is going to be even slightly protected if, GOD forbid he was to go down. Funny thing is I read many reviews on their website about the jacket before I purchased it and all were positive, then I went through the reviews yesterday and went through all the pages of reviews and every single one was rated either a 4 or 5. I really wish I would have seen this site before I purchased from them so if your reading this all these people who have posted are not wrong!!

colleenm34
12/22/16

Archaic and long drawn out, unnessesary work for return policy. Websit and link had no item numbers on a specific leather coat. Website was down so I had to call in the order with only the very specific description. Confirmed and asked several times if this was the correct item because mine would not go through online and there was no number. "Yes". Are you positive? "Yes". They send a confirmation by email. I checked my mail 20 minutes later and had the confirmation and shipping info as shipped. All within 20 minutes. Great for shipping but not for time to correct their mistakes. Long story short-wrong coat sent. After a phone call and at their insistance, emailing them the link for proof, emailing them 6 pictures of the picture and description of the coat on website with no item number for proof, an email they are working on it, and a phone call saying they are not responsible because a confirmation was sent with the item number (remember there was none on the website) I have to send it back on my dime and they will refund after they receive it. Julio says he is part of management and he checked with upper management to get me a return label. No go! In order to get any more info or talk to upper management you have to write to them and again send everything to them and state your case. More time just for them to say? No. It's a waste of time talk fest and they don't care. I'm just going to sell it locally with a warning not to buy from them again. And a warning on every social media site I can not to use this company.

kennetht31
12/15/16

Ordered a Hawk helmet, modular.
Arrived in timely manor. When I opened it one of the modular lock pins was broke. Called customer service. Outstanding service. Next day had return label in email. Sent broken helmet back and same day got notice new helmet on way. Am very satisfied with leather up. Would order from them again.

markd174
11/3/16

after receiving my order i had to return boots at my expense,no problem. second pair of boots too small so i paid to return them. I bought a pair locally and 2 weeks later received the same small pair back with letter stating that they were used and was not accepted.Letter stated they were dirty used and thread wear to the soles. ALL UNTRUE .Customer service was no help they would not return my call. So BUYER BEWARE with leatherup.

billa60
11/3/16

I ordered a leather vest for Leatherup, I used the size chart on the web site even thou I thought it was wrong. I have a 44 inch chest and the chart says that is a Medium, Received it and it is too small so now I need to send it back, I go to the post office and the say it going to cost me $10.00 more then the shipping cost they paid to ship it to me. So I call Leatherup and they told me they don't pay for shipping back on returns and i'm going to just eat the extra money. This is very unprofessional and I will never buy anything from them again. (Biker 35+ years)

sandral93
10/31/16

Leathe-Up company has VERY POOR customer service Julio who says he is Top of the Food Chain refused to send me a Return label for one of the two jackets I ordered which was done in an error, Julio said I would have to pay for that mistake so for such crappy customer service I will now return both at my expense and will write every bad remark I can to make sure future customers have the "BUYER BEWARE"...

garyl97
10/20/16

I just received my Item: #B-7166-Jacket. I paid $134.00 and included free shipping along with every other modern day business features that included: Promptly answering my email prior to shipment, giving me an alert on shipping and delivered Free from FedEx. Great packaging and when opened, that pure leather smell hits you. The fit was like custom made for me. 5'-9" and 185. I ordered the XL and there are 2 loops left on the belt. I examined every snap, zipper and stitch and find it perfect. I wanted a thick leather jacket that fit great, is well made and was under $140. I got exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

chrism285
8/16/16

Nice selection of products and good prices, but beware! If there is an issue with you order or you need to return forget any help or even answers. Their return policies are the worst of the motorcycle gear sites and are unbelievable when compared to standard e-commerce site like amazon.
Every issue is the customers fault and no one that is available on the customer service line has an answer or even care to get one. "We have sent an email to management and you will hear something later today" is the standard response to most inquiries. Don't be surprised to get the response for several days. The when you push be prepared to have it turned around on you, when it becomes your fault you are experiencing problems.
There are too many other choices in the market to take the chance of a problem that will never get corrected. Spend your money elsewhere.

Helpful answer

This is why Revzilla.com, denniskirk.com, and motorcyclesuperstore.com are so popular. I called each of these companies before and spoke to an actual person who had the product in their hands while talking with me.

By Jack M. on 10/19/12
Helpful answer

Leather can be stretched some what if it's wet. But you should seek a professional cobbler to see if they can be stretched before you try it. Quite honestly you won't have much luck with customer service I found. They're very obnoxious, unhelpful and generally not pleasant to deal with. I wish you good luck

By Chris H. on 12/6/15

Empty your cart already!

By Jangle D. on 9/11/16
Helpful answer

You unfortunately made a bad choice doing business with this company. Go check their reviews. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. I'd be amazed if you get ANY response from them at all! Sorry to tell ya.

By Mike F. on 1/19/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the LeatherUp staff and other customers.

LeatherUp?