Review of LeatherUp

Las Vegas, NV 89109
Tel: 1-800-846-6010

loua60
9/20/17

Ordered a leather shirt...and I'm not sure if it was leather or plastic. not even worth returning. I wish they would have told me that it was fake leather. Rip off.

lorrainew32
9/7/17

Husbands chaps came unstitched on the second wearing. Told we could not have a refund because they had been worn. What a joke this company is
Never ever buy anything from them ever!

jackg81
9/5/17

Ordered a pair of boots, all of the reviews I read before said they were true to size but not the case at all, the 7.5 felt more like a 6.5. Called customer service and they are useless. No measuring chart nothing she could do for me. Will never order from this company again.

stephanier108
8/23/17

So let me get this straight paid $50 for a helmet and since it looked horrible its gonna cost us $24 dollars out of our pocket to send back to this company. Not even worth sending back to get half of our hard earned money backNope and no wonder they are rated horrible. Unbelievable-!!!

chrisd253
8/23/17

says on the website ships same day. took 4 days to ship. and i paid extra for shipping to receive in no less than 5 days . so i would be able to ride by friday. now its saying 8 days arrival time. Why even offer faster shipping ? stay away unless you dont care when you get your items. i will do another once i get what i ordered and see if its even right.

thomasf103
8/1/17

I saw a picture of a helmet visor/shield on the Leather Up Web site that was the exact one I needed. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered. This is deceiving. They gave my money back but now I am out the cost of shipping to me and back to them. I will never deal with them again. I wonder if they sell other things such as jackets or boots that look different in their picture too. If you get something thabt looks totally different than their picture they should be the one stuck with the shipping cost.

Tip for consumers: They sent me something that looked completely different than the picture they advertised. I got stuck with the shipping cost because I didn't want what they sent me.They might do this to you.

robt165
7/31/17

Received helmet for xmass gift. Used in summer for few months. The bolt holding the face pice and visor came off on its own and will not go back on. Now no warranty. Crazie don't buy from them.

scottl120
7/26/17

I bought a Hawk Helmet, ST1198 Modular, the shield was always a bit blotchy from the anti-fog coating on it, but got worse over time. Now, six months later and they will not replace the defective shield, even though they are the only dealer of hawk products. If you buy it from somewhere else, it is really them with a series of sham website fronts that they own to make it look legit. They have not had replacement shield in stock ever so I can't even replace it at my expense.

Now, they have blocked me from leaving them negative feedback on their site.

NEVER buy Hawk products, they are garbage. Never deal with Leatherup.com as they are a scam company.

jimb306
7/8/17

I paid top dollar for two helmets. I couldn't get to use the promo code because Scorpion helmets are the exception to the rule (I call BS)
My helmets arrived and they are both from 2014. A helmet only has a 3yr shelf life so in a few months, these will be expired. Don't buy from these scam artists!

ericg90
6/22/17

Sure wish I would have read the reviews on this place before I purchased. HORRIBLE customer service.

Story:
I bought two (2) helmets through them. One of them showed up defective. I asked for it to be replaced. Admittedly, life got busy and it took me a long time to return it. BUT, when I did, it took them an equally long time to respond and when they did, the helmet that I wanted was out of stock. And, what's worse is the replacement helmet was ALSO DEFECTIVE! I mean, these people must do ZERO quality control checking on their products. Further, the helmet they sent me clearly had someone else's finger prints all over the part that was defective (sun visor) so, it was pretty obviously a return from another customer that they just put back up on the shelf for resale without actually fixing the problem!
Now, it has literally been 7 months since I first ordered my helmets and I still only have half of my original order. I asked an associate if they would do something to make me feel better about the whole thing. She said they would try but that she had to check with her manager. Then, I get a call back the next day from a different associate who basically said, send back the helmet, and we'll send you a replacement, but you aren't getting anything from us. Further, they never even sent a pre-paid return label for the helmet!!!

RUN FAR, RUN FAST. The sooner these charlatans go out of business the better.

dontbuyf
6/20/17

I could've and should've just been patient from the start. I paid $40 extra for express shipping, and its been 5 days since my order shipped, which means I should've just used standard shipping. Still haven't gotten the product yet, and after seeing all these reviews I am fairly nervous. I will do another review after I receive my very slowly shipped express package.

DONT PAY EXTRA FOR BETTER SHIPPING. IT WILL STILL BE VERY SLOW!

carolv35
6/8/17

I ordered a pair of riding boots last year in August after one time of wearing the boots the eyelet let loose called company and they gave me 25.00 to fix which I did. The other day while riding I lost 2 more eyelets when I emailed company they told me that I was past my 30 days I said well my boots are falling apart, still said no.
I purchased a pair of boots 3 years ago a (bogos) they started to leak when I was in the store I meantioned that the boots leaked took them back and got a brand new pair thats how business should work, stand by the products you sell now I am stuck with pair of poorly made boots that I can't wear as I am sure the rest of the eyelets will fall out as well.

never again will I shop there and I will be telling my friends as well to never by anything there either

jimm1401
5/13/17

I have ordered from them before, good experience. This last order I looked at a pair of boots, did not see a width size so I called their sales number and asked about the width. I was told "ALL our boots come in a Medium Width", so I ordered the boots. When they arrived I tried them on and they were a regular width, no markings in the boots to indicate they were a Medium Width. My rant come due to the fact that when I called their customer service number about the boots I was told "you have to pay for return shipping", even tho' their sales department had lied to me about the sizing of their boots. I tried 2 times to get them to pay for return shipping and both times they refused. They even removed the purchase from my account so I could not write a review of their crappy customer service on that invoice on their web site. I would imagine all their reviews are generated by a "good review service company" than real customers. Beware of them, do not order from them.
I will never recommend Leatherup.com to anyone again. I will never purchase anything from them again. As an avid rider I was telling people about them before but not any more!

Tip for consumers: Go elsewhere!!!!

danielp145
4/29/17

I ordered 2 jackets for my children. one was way too small. I followed directions for exchange and 2 wks later got an email saying I had a tracking number and my item was ready to be shipped from company. they never shipped it. I called 2 months later and they said they ran out of that product I said give my my refund. Another 2 months go by and I had to email them threatening legal action. I got my refund. horrible company.

Tip for consumers: don't

samanthak35
4/13/17

I ordered 2 shipments containing motorcycle helmets. womens boots, a woman's leather jacket. The jacket and boots did not fit so I followed the directions on the return and never received the exchanged merchandise or credit for the return. I sent countless emails and left numerous messages on the only number available on their website with no response. Finally, a year and a half later our helmets have been recalled. Using the customer service number that was included in the return info from Fedex, I was actually able to get in touch with a person. She could not answer any of the questions I had concerning the recall nor would she help with my concerns from previous orders. Buyer Beware!!!!! DO NOT order from this company!!!!!!!

michaelp303
4/11/17

This is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I ordered a leather motorcycle jacket in size 5x. I received it and coudn't even get my arms in it so I called customer service to get correct size. They told me to measure the jacket and send them the pictures which I did. They said this would be the only way they would pay for return shipping if they discovered the size was incorrect. Well guess what? The jacket said it was a 5x but was really a 3x in true size and they did not have anything bigger. They then sent me the return shipping label as I had asked for a refund. I received the label and promptly shipped back on 3/17/17. They did not receive it until 3/31/17 via fed ex I might add. Today id 4/11/17 and I am still waiting for my refund. I called and waited on hold of course for 35 minutes and finally got a person who goes by the name Val who proceeded to tell me what I already knew, they received my return on 3/31/17 and it takes 4-7 business days to refund. I asked to speak to a manager and she told me to hold on. When came back to the phone she stated they are going to process the refund but today is the 7th business day. I asked what happened to getting a manager and she told me she is a manager yet would only tell me her name was Val. I asked to speak to the Frankie which is the person I had been dealing with throughout the order and return but he was too busy. Next step for me is complaint to attorney general and BBB along with every bad review I can post!

peters314
4/5/17

For three days I tried to place an order to ship international, but it kept failing.
Finaly called their customer service and the young lady I spoke to could not give a crap about the issues and kept trying to get me off the phone as it seamed she had other things to do.

Tip for consumers: Find another supplier

victorm80
3/16/17

Bought a leather jacket in December. Zipper is defective. Emailed them for a repair or replacement. Return email thanked me for my interest and concerns, and then advised me warranty is over, cant help you. Terrible customer service. BTW, jacket made in Pakistan. Wish I knew that before purchase.

josephs206
3/13/17

I order a leather jacket according to their "sizing charts" and it was WAAAAY to big. Now, it's going to cost me and arm and a leg to return. Also, the jacket barely resemble the picture in the site. Very unhappy. I won't be dealing with them ever again.

carlosz10
2/27/17

Although the merchandise featured on their website photos looks good, that is NOT
what they ship! My sister ordered jackets that arrived in horrible condition, as if
they had been wadded up in a ball for a long period of time. They had deep creases
all over, at strange angles (not from being neatly folded). Leather conditioner did
not improve the appearance of the jackets. The sizes are CHINESE, which are different from American sizes. Everything on LeatherUp's website is a lie, from the
photos to the inaccurate sizing. They do not offer a shipping return label. In fact,
their customer service representatives offer NO ASSISTANCE AT ALL!

tomb258
2/13/17

I ORDERED THE SNOWMASTER HELMET WITH BLUETOOTH (ARRIVED TO ME DAMAGED). THE HELMET FELT CHEAP AND WAS NOT MADE VERY WELL. THE BLUETOOTH SYSTEM WAS HORRIBLE. CAME WITH MISSING HARDWARE AND WAS DAMAGED IN THE BACK OF THE HELMET. THEY SAID I REMOVED THE PLASTIC FILMED AND IT LOOKED USED. IN FACT I DID NOT USE THIS HELMET. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS. THE FACT THEY ARE IN LA IS ENOUGH SAID.

jond85
2/3/17

I purchased a helmet and bluetooth speaker system that attaches to your helmet. After opening the package and trying the bluetooth system on the helmet, I found it uncomfortable and I couldn't hear it over the engine. So naturally I called to see if I could return the Bluetooth set since I'd never use it. They told me to ship both helmet and bluetooth back (even though I wanted to keep the helmet).

A few weeks later my package arrived just as I had sent it, with helmet and bluetooth included and no refund (goodbye $30 in shipping) . I called them again and they said when I opened the packaging I voided my ability to return the both items (would have been good to know ahead of time)... but just to clarify how this return policy works, simply by opening a product and finding it doesn't fit, doesn't work, isn't what you want etc., you negate the ability to return it. Well how do you know if it works/fits if you can't even open it! Why not just say - no returns/exchanges!

Not only that, but the "manager" gave me the run around on the phone, saying they'd take care of it and get back to me, which they never did. I know they're cheaper than other sites online, but don't expect any kind of return/exchange... just assume what you get is what you get.

bettyw49
1/23/17

Purchased boots for my husband for Christmas in November. They did not fit so I returned the boots for a larger size at my cost, which was over $20.00 since I was shipping from the east coast. Received an email saying I have a store credit. Called customer service and told them I wanted a larger size, not a store credit. I was told the larger size is no longer in stock, so I asked for a refund. Was told no refund can be given because it was over 30 days since I purchased the boots and I could only exchange the boots or get a credit. My husband only liked the one pair of boots they have. He does not own or ride a motorcycle so the store credit is unless to us. I was told I could give them my email address and they can notify me when the larger size boots come back in stock. Who knows when that will be! They are thieves that take your money and give you nothing in return. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said she was a supervisor. She did not care about helping me at all. Of course not, they have my money. I will never even purchase anything from them again!

tricias24
1/23/17

Horrible customer service! Sent four emails to their customer support email and never received any response. I found a phone contact number and reached out to them today by phone. Not only was the person very rude, but she could absolutely care less that I was not pleased with my purchase. She agreed that the helmet should not make a whistle sound but then followed up by saying "because it was worn once we cannot take it back"...my question is..."how do you know it whistles unless you try it out on the road". Guess I should have had my son run around the yard at 40MPH to see if he heard anything. Live and learn...they won't get any more of my money and I would suggest ordering from any other company than this one for your motorcycle needs. Way to many choices out there to deal with a company who does not stand behind their product!

kerstenh
1/19/17

very very poor customer service.....sent 3 emails--all responded w/ same cut and paste from web site. Tried chat--had the most rude exchange w/ Val...phone the company. apparently only "Val" works there. She refused to connect me to management or provide any info as to how I could contact them.
never again!!!

Helpful answer

This is why Revzilla.com, denniskirk.com, and motorcyclesuperstore.com are so popular. I called each of these companies before and spoke to an actual person who had the product in their hands while talking with me.

By Jack M. on 10/19/12
Helpful answer

Leather can be stretched some what if it's wet. But you should seek a professional cobbler to see if they can be stretched before you try it. Quite honestly you won't have much luck with customer service I found. They're very obnoxious, unhelpful and generally not pleasant to deal with. I wish you good luck

By Chris H. on 12/6/15

Empty your cart already!

By Jangle D. on 9/11/16
Helpful answer

You unfortunately made a bad choice doing business with this company. Go check their reviews. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. I'd be amazed if you get ANY response from them at all! Sorry to tell ya.

By Mike F. on 1/19/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the LeatherUp staff and other customers.

LeatherUp?