US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

oft
1/14/17

I purchased a xelement armor motorcycle jacket from leatherup in December 2016 for my husband's Christmas present. The jacket was made in Pakistan of very poor quality on the second day he wore it the jacket zipper pull came off when he tried zipping it up. when we inspected the jacket stitching was coming undone and the snap buttons that hold the inner liner and the jacket together had a broken button. I contacted customer service and they told me to send pictures they sent me a return label and it is currently being inspected by leatherup. The customer service rep said, "after they inspect the jacket they will repair the jacket or replace it if it's not repairable." I am not satisfied with either out comes because if the jacket is repaired it's still defective in my opinion so I know I will have problems with the jacket later down the road after the 30 day warranty expires. Not only that since it's an armor jacket and its poorly made how can I feel confident and feel safe that my husband is going to be even slightly protected if, GOD forbid he was to go down. Funny thing is I read many reviews on their website about the jacket before I purchased it and all were positive, then I went through the reviews yesterday and went through all the pages of reviews and every single one was rated either a 4 or 5. I really wish I would have seen this site before I purchased from them so if your reading this all these people who have posted are not wrong!!

colleenm34
12/22/16

Archaic and long drawn out, unnessesary work for return policy. Websit and link had no item numbers on a specific leather coat. Website was down so I had to call in the order with only the very specific description. Confirmed and asked several times if this was the correct item because mine would not go through online and there was no number. "Yes". Are you positive? "Yes". They send a confirmation by email. I checked my mail 20 minutes later and had the confirmation and shipping info as shipped. All within 20 minutes. Great for shipping but not for time to correct their mistakes. Long story short-wrong coat sent. After a phone call and at their insistance, emailing them the link for proof, emailing them 6 pictures of the picture and description of the coat on website with no item number for proof, an email they are working on it, and a phone call saying they are not responsible because a confirmation was sent with the item number (remember there was none on the website) I have to send it back on my dime and they will refund after they receive it. Julio says he is part of management and he checked with upper management to get me a return label. No go! In order to get any more info or talk to upper management you have to write to them and again send everything to them and state your case. More time just for them to say? No. It's a waste of time talk fest and they don't care. I'm just going to sell it locally with a warning not to buy from them again. And a warning on every social media site I can not to use this company.

kennetht31
12/15/16

Ordered a Hawk helmet, modular.
Arrived in timely manor. When I opened it one of the modular lock pins was broke. Called customer service. Outstanding service. Next day had return label in email. Sent broken helmet back and same day got notice new helmet on way. Am very satisfied with leather up. Would order from them again.

markd174
11/3/16

after receiving my order i had to return boots at my expense,no problem. second pair of boots too small so i paid to return them. I bought a pair locally and 2 weeks later received the same small pair back with letter stating that they were used and was not accepted.Letter stated they were dirty used and thread wear to the soles. ALL UNTRUE .Customer service was no help they would not return my call. So BUYER BEWARE with leatherup.

billa60
11/3/16

I ordered a leather vest for Leatherup, I used the size chart on the web site even thou I thought it was wrong. I have a 44 inch chest and the chart says that is a Medium, Received it and it is too small so now I need to send it back, I go to the post office and the say it going to cost me $10.00 more then the shipping cost they paid to ship it to me. So I call Leatherup and they told me they don't pay for shipping back on returns and i'm going to just eat the extra money. This is very unprofessional and I will never buy anything from them again. (Biker 35+ years)

sandral93
10/31/16

Leathe-Up company has VERY POOR customer service Julio who says he is Top of the Food Chain refused to send me a Return label for one of the two jackets I ordered which was done in an error, Julio said I would have to pay for that mistake so for such crappy customer service I will now return both at my expense and will write every bad remark I can to make sure future customers have the "BUYER BEWARE"...

garyl97
10/20/16

I just received my Item: #B-7166-Jacket. I paid $134.00 and included free shipping along with every other modern day business features that included: Promptly answering my email prior to shipment, giving me an alert on shipping and delivered Free from FedEx. Great packaging and when opened, that pure leather smell hits you. The fit was like custom made for me. 5'-9" and 185. I ordered the XL and there are 2 loops left on the belt. I examined every snap, zipper and stitch and find it perfect. I wanted a thick leather jacket that fit great, is well made and was under $140. I got exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

chrism285
8/16/16

Nice selection of products and good prices, but beware! If there is an issue with you order or you need to return forget any help or even answers. Their return policies are the worst of the motorcycle gear sites and are unbelievable when compared to standard e-commerce site like amazon.
Every issue is the customers fault and no one that is available on the customer service line has an answer or even care to get one. "We have sent an email to management and you will hear something later today" is the standard response to most inquiries. Don't be surprised to get the response for several days. The when you push be prepared to have it turned around on you, when it becomes your fault you are experiencing problems.
There are too many other choices in the market to take the chance of a problem that will never get corrected. Spend your money elsewhere.

cj208
8/3/16

Trying to return a pair of boots. They now say they can't do anything without the return tracking number. I told them that the boots were confirmed returned to their fulfillment center, they said they needed to verify that....uhmmm, what about the order number? That's no good anymore?

I really get the feeling that they are trying to "poke me in the eye" to teach me a lesson not to return things! That's okay! Now I just give my business to J&P Cycle! They have great customer service, compared with Leather Up, who have non-existent customer service.

What a bunch of losers!

johnp409
7/14/16

This is the second Hawk helmet I've owned. Both bought from Leatherup. The first one was recalled by the DOT because it was unsafe. Nice to know after you've been riding around with it on your head.
I noticed after wearing it just a few times that the visor had become crystallized on the interior. Trying to wipe it off only smudged it and made it worse. Three months of Emails and Leatherup sent me a replacement visor that was also defective. It had folds in the plastic right in the field of vision. Also defective.
The interior visor is not a clear tinted plastic. It has a cloudiness to the plastic that when you face the sun grays out! You can hardly see through it! I pointed this out to Leatherup as well. They said that when they get one off of another helmet they'll send me one. Four months of Emails and calls and all I got was a $16 clear visor and a helmet I can't use . With every Email or phone call the rep, Richard, says he has to take it up with "upper management". Really? You need to talk to upper management to get a visor or helmet replaced?!!!
I asked LU for contact info for Hawk because I contacted them on their web site and never heard from them. I got three emails. info@hhcohelmet.com, hawkhelmet@yahoo.com, hhcohelmet@gmail.com. Yahoo and Gmail.com? Really?! No one responded any of the emails. I also got a phone and fax number for Shri Lanka. Really?! That's their customer support?!!! I tried faxing them but the fax would never go through. I give up!
In my opinion THIS IS A DANGEROUS HELMET TO WEAR. You need to see clearly out of a helmet and you can't with this one. Customer support is worthless from Leatherup and good luck trying to reach Hawk. If you buy this helmet you're taking your life in your hands. It wouldn't surprise me if they recalled this one too.

vicd6
6/24/16

Needless to say
Out of our life

jms6
4/29/16

I bought a jacket and it had a defective leather panel(it was horribly cracked everywhere). I called customer service and they asked for pictures. I sent the pictures and then I was told it was normal. I talked to another agent and they said the same thing, that it's normal. It was like being told 2+2=5 and no matter who I talked to my obviously defective jacket wasn't defective??? I asked for a manger to call me and no one would called me. My only option was to pay to return the jacket for a possible refund?? What a shady company. Don't deal with them!

michellec120
4/22/16

I had high hopes that this was going to be a great business, but it turned out to be a horrible experience. I ordered an expensive motorcycle jacket about a month ago and while the shipping time was impeccable...the events following were a complete nightmare. In short, the jacket did not fit and I needed to return it for a full refund.
Soooo.....here goes my process of "the dreaded return/refund debacle"....
I spoke to LeatherUp.com's customer service at least 4 times and at one point, I called 3 times only to get my phone call disconnected/dropped ----3 times my call was "mysteriously" disconnected (after holding for several minutes, of course)---- I was beginning to SERIOUSLY doubt the legitimacy of this business.
Basically, my money was NOT being refunded by LeatherUp.com in a timely manner and I had to get my bank involved. Time is money, people--- I can NEVER get my time back--- and I wasted A LOT of time trying to get my $399.95 refund from this so-called "company", LeatherUp.com.
So, after LeatherUp.com received an email from me stating that my bank is now involved, they were more motivated to refund my $399.95.
In conclusion, yes, I DID receive a refund of $371.95 (sans the $28 I had to pay to ship it back to them--- LeatherUp.com did NOT provide a paid return label)----I received my refund 19 days after they received my returned jacket, but it was NOT in a timely manner and I had to get my bank involved, which is NEVER a good thing. Fortunately, I bank with an awesome bank and they had my back-- at least MY BANK had my best interest.
I will NOT be buying any products from LeatherUp.com again. No thank you.

paulg125
4/22/16

I ordered a helmet and decided it wasn't the right one . I ordered another before I received the first and told customer service I'd just refuse the first delivery. She told me I wouldn't receive a refund and I'd have to accept it and then ship it at my expense. I shouldn't have listened to her. $18 for return shipping after I already paid $6.95, So I'm just keeping the $39 helmet. It isn't worth the expense of shipping it back. That's the ONLY order they'll ever receive from me. Never again. Most venders I use tell me to simply refuse delivery. I'd rather pay the shipping at the rate they're billed. Don't buy at Leatherup. Stay away!

christophers70
4/13/16

Ask where my order was and no one knew. Asked the customer service guy if I could speak to his manager he said no. I said I bet you can seem him right now and the service rep said yes but still could speak to the manager. The don't stand behind their money back garentee nor the if ordered before 1pm ships same day. It was pulled same day according to emails but shipped a week later.

garyr57
4/13/16

I was just about to spend close to $2,500 on Motorcycle wear but then saw these reviews! Thank heavens for social media, I wouldn't pay these crooks in tap washers let alone dollars!

mikef102
3/21/16

WARNING!!! DO NOT do online business with this company. SERIOUSLY! It's like your account will disappear into the abyss. They NEVER respond to emails, complaints, NOTHING. You may find a small minority of people that say nice things about this company, but look at where most of their ratings are??? Down at the 1 level and only because there's no 0 to rate them at. STAY AWAY!

donh83
3/15/16

Stay away, they do not back anything. Horrible horrible company.

rogert28
3/7/16

Never will buy here again

bethb38
3/7/16

Well, I bought a motorcycle jacket for my son for Xmas ( in November). Although it was a very nice jacket, when he opened it on Xmas he did not want it - he was no longer going to buy a bike. Because there was no leeway for returning Xmas presents (really?) - 30 days no matter what, I had to accept their policy of a restocking charge and paying for the return of the jacket. In total, I got NOTHING and paid $30 in restocking charges and $30 in mail charges. Never heard of a company not allowing for Xmas returns. So after paying $149.00, I got $89.00 back. Would never buy from them again.

kittym6
3/5/16

This is literally the worst purchase I have ever made! Ordered a jacket fits just fine 15 mins of wear and the outer shell is peeling off all over! Seriously 15 mins! I've submitted a complaint to the company however reading the rest of the reviews I might as well cut my losses. Please if you haven't already DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE!

tomw101
1/6/16

Bought a pair of boots and a jacket from LeatherUp and had a good experience with both. Purchased a pair of riding pants and they melted the first time I wore them even though they were advertised as being "heat resistant. I have been trying to get an answer from them for 2 months if they will allow me to return them and after completing the form on their web site and sending 8 e-mails Including 2 with pictures they requested - still no answer! Filled out an unfavorable review on their web-site and guess what? It doesn't appear.
Buyer Beware! If you choose to purchase anything from this company - assume it is non-returnable and don't believe any of the product reviews!

jims166
1/6/16

Bought Jacket for Son in early November for Xmas. He showed up on the 26th from out of town Size was wrong. Leather Up would not exchange it because they said it was more than 30 days. Fkn BS how are you supposed to buy an Xmas gift and get it on time and then not be able to exchange foe the correct size!!
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! OH AND THE SIZE CHARTS ARE NO GOOD!!!

elainem41
12/29/15

zero stars!

joyp10
12/13/15

I bought 2 coats both 2xL. 1 fits perfect the other fits like a large. They wont me to pay to return the item when i ordered the right size. There size scale is off big time. Doesn't seem like this is my fault, especially since both are the same size, and same brand. Customer services is blaming me for ordering the wrong size. Think I'd rather pay more money than deal with them.

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LeatherUp staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question