US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

LawDepot.com reviews

Business website  •  Email business  •  Phone: 855-231-8424
Call 1-855-231-8424 for assistance.
Contact Us
Review of LawDepot.com

LawDepot.com reviews

72%
340 S Lemon Avenue #9644
Los Angeles, CA 91789, USA
Tel: 855-231-8424
lawdepotsupport@lawdepot.com
Call 1-855-231-8424 for assistance.
Contact Us

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

stewartc26
8/26/16

I am a commercial property solicitor and I have acted for 3 separate clients within the last few months who have encountered legal problems as a result of defects in the precedent commercial lease provided by this website. Whilst I am sure that the website covers itself legally with the necessary disclaimers, I can not advise people strongly enough against using their precedent lease. I can not comment on their other legal documents, but the lease is simply not fit for purpose for a commercial property in England and Wales. The clauses are very poorly drafted (including embarrassing spelling mistakes and grammatical errors), and often completely incomprehensible. There are clauses which are clearly based on US law and have no relevance to UK law (eg reference to Eminent Domain and Expropriation, terminology used in US law but not in the UK). There are clauses that contradict other clauses within the same document, and provisions which are unclear and ambiguous, and leave the parties open to disputes over the meaning and intention. It is certainly the worst example that I have ever seen of an attempt at a commercial lease and simply should not be used in the UK. The website even states that the document is specifically adapted to apply in England, but has clearly been prepared by an oversees company with only limited input from a UK lawyer. It is always very dangerous to rely on a free online document in place of formal legal advice, but if you want to avoid instructing a solicitor there are far more suitable precedent documents available, and I would strongly advise anyone against using this document.

johns1431
8/25/16

Hi: I see that the Surrender Date" is STILL wrong- it has to be OCTOBER 23rd 2016

michaell221
8/25/16

very pleasant and helpfull, thankyou

perryb27
8/17/16

My printer wouldn't print out document. I called customer support and the lovely lady promptly e-mailed my selected document to me and included a message
inviting me to call her in the event I decided to cancel my subscription within a week. Great service

lisat126
8/14/16

This company is as shady as they come. I recently realized I had been charged $33.00 a month thru my paypal account for over a year for a document I was led to believe was free. When I contacted Law depot I was told that maybe the email advising the re-ocurring charges were sent to the wrong email address. They took it upon themselves to locate and charge my paypal account through an email without my authorization. Long story short my free document cost more than an actual attorney would charge.

beverlys51
8/14/16

Document that expired on your site 2 weeks ago was stolen from individual. Was not able to log on and locate document with the original names and addresses. Janet was a God send at finding it. God bless her. Thank you very much.

jeannea11
8/13/16

Ms. Divine, your representative has been appropriately named.!! She was divine! . I was frustrated, and Ms. Divine had the grace and dignity to calm me and help me achieve my mission. I measure people with a test I call "3 P's in a Pod" ( an ole English expression) 1. P rofessional, 2. P rompt 3. P ersonalble. Ms. Divine had it all + P atience!. You are blessed to have one soo divine as Ms. Divine

tracyp42
8/8/16

great

claudiab26
8/1/16

i had my email address wrong,and she help me in a second.

davidb531
7/28/16

Called LawDepot.com for a charge to my account. I could not remember my password and was not able to log on to my account, so I thought I wasn't charged. I was. Monique at ext. #358 helped me with my situation. She was courteous and efficient and totally appreciated her professionalism. Though I found another way to complete what I needed this time, because of her I would totally come back and use your service again.

katlynp1
7/22/16

I used LawDepot.com to write up a medical power of attorney for my child who was going on vacation with her grandparents. It was so quick easy to use. I only used it the one time and forgot to cancel my membership before being charged. After seeing it on my bank statement, I called customer service and simply asked for my account to be cancelled. The woman I spoke with was so friendly and even offered to refund my payment back to me, along with an email confirmation of both the cancellation and refund. I would absolutely recommend them as well as use them again, if need be, in the future!

ginnys11
7/21/16

Awesome

pageanis
7/9/16

Despite several attempts, I was still having difficulties in printing off one my documents which upon contacting LawDepot Janet was able to resolve for me immediately.

I found Janet very helpful and a pleasure to deal with and a real credit to LawDepot.

mariac151
7/4/16

This young lady was so kind. She took her time with me. When I worked, I would of hired her in a heart beat. She would of been an asset to me.

del----w
7/1/16

Monique was absolutely amazing. I was so nervous filling in the pages for our wills. Had some questions, which she answered immediately. She stayed with me the whole time while I printed & downloaded. She was so courteous, informative, helpful, and so very patient as well. SHE IS A GEM, DON'T LET HER GO!!

johnk295
6/22/16

in attempting to write wills for my husband and my self I am on the third day of trying to get it done. no where in the process does it state that to save a document you have to download it first. there is a "save button"= but no- that does not save it...so I did my will four times before I finally called them to figure out what the problem was....then I paid $35 to have my husband's will reviewed- and I get back a document that is not ready to be printed and signed- it has a header of "LawDepot's Last Will and Testament" and a ridiculous footer that shows a file location and date that goes completely across the bottom of the page. I just now called and told them how frustrated I am and asked for help getting a will that is both reviewed and ready to print- and I was told I have to reply to the same email stating my document has been reviewed and is ready...and wait for it...it will be another 24 hours before I get a response.....why my husband chose this site to sign up to I will never understand! years ago I used LegalZoom- and it was a breeze!

glendak2
6/10/16

I am loving this website!! Its wonderful to be able to complete lease agreements
and to get legal advice along the way.The only thing is I was unable to put the
entire postal code in our rental property's address;it would only accept 3 digits.
Very helpful service from Divine today emailing me my agreement when I couldn't
get it to print.But we got it all figured out thanks to her patience and knowledge.
Very courteous and friendly voice on the phone-from Edmonton too.Even better!

christyc21
6/6/16

Great forms to use and helpful customer service department

georgep87

Excellent

burshawnm
6/6/16

Great experience costomer service was very helpful

sylviab21
6/5/16

My experience with Janet Metz was nothing short of amazing, as she patiently guided me though some edits and I had quite a bit of anxiety due to the time spent creating the document and was greatly concerned about loosing information in the process of saving and downloading the document. I ended up needing to recontact her about helping me save some last minute edits to the document and she helped patiently with that as well. There is no way to state how much I appreciated her level of professionalism. Thank you, please share my regards with Janet.

Sincerely, Sylvia Marie Buck

reubens25
6/4/16

Monique led me through the process of recovering my documents, by sending me a e-mail with my documents as an attachment. My sincere appreciation for her guidance and patience during this process.

nickieb1
6/2/16

Helpful to the point and quick

dabneyr
5/29/16

To date my experience with LawDepot.com has been great, largely because of the program's user friendly format. Because I'm retired, I often find that "IT" has far surpassed my expertise.When I called for help, Monique answered my questions immediately with obvious skill and knowledge of services you offer and how to help me from "being stuck",,, to very friendly. guidance so that I was able to move to the next level in editing the lease I was working on. Yea! Monique and thank you, Today I'm ready to print it, and am feeling confident that help is close as a phone call should I need it. When I've finished this project. I plan to return for other services you offer to catch up on several othe legal documenrs that are in need of updating,

doreend5
5/21/16

EXCELLENT With ALL OPERATORS__VERY PATIENT!!!!

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LawDepot.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Answer
kathiek2
A: Good day Sue. A land contract is $18.95 and a real estate purchase agreement is $20.95. You'd have to look at both to determine which one suits your needs. You can also select the 7 day free trial and any documents prepared are free. You do need to cancel that option within 7 days or it converts to the $33.00 monthly subscription which you can cancel at any time.
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
4 days ago
Answer
kathiek2
A: Most of our documents are available in Word format.Deeds are only available in PDF format.
4 days ago