Review of JustFly

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kellyb201
4/27/17

I have booked a multi-leg quite expensive international flight more than two months ago. All was fine until I got an email last week stating I needed to call Scandinavian Airline's because there was a flight change. Well I called and held for more than 30 min only to be told they couldn't help me, I would have to call JustFly. I have now called three times, had incredibly long wait times and cannot get this resolved because they said the airline wouldn't approve my flights? What? Why would they care as long as flight is available? I have been told they cannot call me nor email me, I have to keep calling back. Trip is in a month and I am beyond frustrated and will never use them again. They are supposed to call me tonight after 10:00 pm my time. I had to agree or either call them again and go through the whole thing for the fifth time. May have to use American Express to fight this, but at this point it will be incredibly expensive to find tickets elsewhere. I have learned my lesson!!!!!

michelles290
4/27/17

I don't know who is worse, Justfly.com or Spirit airlines. I actually think they work together to screw people out of the most money they can. This was my first experience with Justfly. I had to repeat the whole booking process 16 times because each time it told me "your selection has sold out, please choose another flight". Finally, I get "Congratulations! You've booked our best discount fare!". After all the frustration of redoing it over and over again, thank goodness! I was slightly surprised at the difference in price but hey, it was still a good deal. Booked, confirmed and etickets supposedly on their way. I was confirmed with a price of $442.70....they charged my credit card $667, plus $52.50 for seating selection (which I did NOT buy) plus $115 for insurance (which I also did NOT buy). I called.. after speaking to 3 supervisors that did not speak English well enough for me to understand, I got someone that spoke very broken English. All I got out of her was "I understand" and "if you will excuse me".. Well, I sent my credit card company after them and am waiting for a resolution because I know I'm not going to get one from Justfly..Bottom line?? STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE!! RUDE, INCOMPETENT, IGNORANT PEOPLE.

teodoram1
4/26/17

Last part of my my dad s flight was cancelled so for few days I ve been on hold for over 30 min and they promised to solve it and email me the new itinerary... obviously they didn't my dad is supposed to fly in few days internationally! I m sick and tired of nasty promises!

faizullahw
4/26/17

I booked a flight to Sacramento and after 1 day I faced with a problem and I should go to back home so I called this bul$#*! travel agency to cancel my flight.
A Customer agnet told me I am gonna charge you 75$ and will make a credit card for the rest of your money so You can reserve a ticket for the future but tonight when I called them Mr. Paul Who work as a supervisor in this f****ed Up travel agency told me that we will charge you 275$ and I really don't what the f*** is going on......
They just know who to make people stupid and how to steal money from them that's it.

sylvial20
4/24/17

I've never wrote a bad review for any flight agents--even when flights get cancelled, there's overbookings, etc. Considering I'm going out of my way to even post this, should be a reflection of how extremely shocked I am at the level of unprofessionalism and ridicule I find in this situation.
I booked a flight 4 months in advance, and even paid extra to have my seating assignments pre-assigned. After about a month, I get a notice saying my flight has been changed. Granted I wasn't excited by this bait-and-switch, after about two hours of going back and forth between the airline and the justfly agent, I finally sorted out another day of departure/arrival, and confirmed my seating arrangements with both of them. My flight leaves tonight, and now they're saying that my seats have not been assigned, and that they will refund me the pre-assignment fee I paid.

I'm livid at all the wasted time (a solid 5 hrs for all the back and forths) and the result.
If I pay a pre-assignment fee, they cannot just refund me before the flight because they cant live up to the seat arrangements. 4 months in advance to book a flight, and they still can't get it right.
Granted all the agents were very helpful, and I'm not trying to be the annoying customer, but there needs to be some serious changes to communication and confirmations being made here. Don't sell a service you can't live up to.
Please be smart and book through expedia/orbits or other well-known agents.

thomash167
4/23/17

We have just returned from Toronto Canada and the way justfly booked our trip cost us an extra $500+ us.

We flew Boston-Toronto roundtrip to surprise a friend for their 50th birthday. It was just a 24 hour stay. We took a room next to Pierson airport to make this trip smooth and easy.

We arrived back at Pierson for our return flight, but could not figure out where to check in. Turns out, our flight back was from a DIFFERENT airport! Because of traffic conditions in Toronto, there was no way for us to make the flight on time. What the heck! We didn't even know there was another airport! We had picked Pierson in our search!

We wound up having to book another flight which cost us $780cdn which is close to $580 usd.

Never again will we use Justly.com.

Irrate customers!

oleanderm
4/23/17

Do NOT book with them. It's cheaper, but they leave out 'little' details. For example, apparently I had to switch airports (the only way I found out was the tiny three letters after the city.) They don't make a point of telling you. Well, after changing airports, I find out that the airport ISN'T OPEN! I got to New York City at midnight and switched airports only to have to sit outside the airport in a big city with my eight year old daughter. I had to get a hotel so that we didn't have to sleep outside of the airport. You would think they would know if the airport they send you to is open or not. Now they are pretending that it's my fault for not knowing that he airport closes at a certain hour. This company put mine and my daughter's lives in danger. DON'T BOOK WITH THEM. I know it's cheaper at the beginning, but it cost me more than if I used an honest company. The BBB also warns against using them.

billc158
4/22/17

I've been on hold for an1 hour and 7 minutes.. trying upgrade seats for a September flight.. I've been transferred 3 times and no one can help.. UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm now looking at a the BAD reviews online and understand..
JUSTFLY.COM IS JUST TERRIBLE!!
I'm booking direct from now on.. it's not worth the aggravation..

carolh152
4/20/17

I booked airline tickets through Justfly months in advance of a trip. Days before I was to leave on the trip Justfly sends me information that says they needed my immediate attention- I called and they told me the first leg of my flight had changed to any earlier flight- five minutes earlier- This didn't seem to be a big problem so I said fine. Later, they sent me my ticket (they didn't show me the actual changes until after they got my "agreement" for the changes) it turned out that the five minute change in schedule turned out to be a four hour delay at my next stop- they didn't mention that part at all in the conversation.
When I saw the real changes, I called the Justfly and told them a four hour delay was unacceptable, whereupon Justfly told me I had "agreed" to the changes so I was stuck- unless I wanted to cancel and reschedule-

Of course now, I see many, many horrible reviews of similar incidents- Justfly is nothing but a bait and switch operation-

guntherg
4/19/17

my daughter canceled a flight (took another one a day later) using justfly. she never received her refund, over 3 weeks now, on phone for hours, and all she gets is the run around. now they tell her they need to conduct a review?? why wasn't this done immediately after she canceled her flight? why wait 3 weeks to tell her that? now she has to wait another week!!!! seriously??????
refund my daughter her money!!!! now you have a very pissed off disabled veteran!!! i will NEVER use justfly!!!

kamil201
4/18/17

For a confident booking, go through the airline directly! I am irate with justfly! Was royally deceived after selecting our desired upgraded seats and PURCHASING my selection in check out, found out,when checking in for our flight that we not only did not have the seats we selected but no seat yet! It clearly shows the "seat number themselves along with the charges acquired on our total charged by just fly. The airline says this is a common deceptive tactic among others. ( check the bbb for further complaints) The airline reminds me of a very impressed ortant fact that you can not pick your seats when you book through a 3rd party co...even when they appear to allow you to walk through the steps of selecting and the pricing on justfly! Because only the airline itself can do that!

dorite1
4/18/17

They charge your credit card without your permission. No one to talk to. Had to cancel credit card because they deducted close to $100 with no reason. Stay away!

paoloa4
4/17/17

Booked a flight with justfly last month, I did not receive any confirmation or itinerary after booking. When I called justfly, I was told that my name was misspelled, but they assured me that the mistake would be corrected. After a few days, I called justfly again, this time I was told to submit a picture of my passport for verification, so I did. After a few more days, I called justfly again, this time I got to speak with a supervisor Marie, she told me that I would have to purchase another ticket, which would probably cost more and I would have to pay a $150.00 processing fee to correct their mistake! I asked supervisor Marie, to cancel my original ticket and refund my money, she told me that it would be a $300.00 cancellation fee and a$150.00 processing fee. When I reminded supervisor Marie this was their mistake, she told me there's nothing she could do, those were my only options. Now they took my money, and I still don't have a ticket. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They will take your hard earned money and hold you hostage.

samandrac
4/15/17

I book a flight for a business partner. The payment went through. Then I got an email saying my booking was cancel. So I called Just Fly to see what happen. So first they asked me to try to book it again because it could have been an error. The booking with through, then again got another email saying my booking was cancelled. Just Fly blamed the airlines but, wouldn't call the airlines to fixs tge issue. Instead, they gave me the airlines number and said have a nice day. So I called Spirit, and they advised me that the booking was cancelled by travel agency, after payment was approved. Since they didn't collect the money, they didn't owe me a refund. Mind you I couldn't rebooked due to my money being on hold for two booking. So I called Just fly with Spirit on the line. Of course Just Fly started lying saying there nothing they can do it was the airlines, the airlines representive started to speak and the Just Fly agent disconnected the call when she advised that the booking was cancelled by travel agency. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was rude and unhelpful. Said there nothing they can do even though they cancelled my booking. It will take 8 day to get my money back. This was the worst experience I have ever had. They won't give a discount for cancelling my booking and that's messed up. This was a business booking and just fly has me looking untrustworthy due to there mess up.

chimengc
4/15/17

Justfly.com is a bonafide greedy, scam company!
Just reading these multiple and recent 2017 NEGATIVE reviews confirms that this company has absolutely no integrity and no customer satisfaction - just THIEVES!!

And how PATHETIC and DECEPTIVE in their attempts below by the "JustFly team" (ie. Midhat Z - JustFly Rep) to resolve complaints stating:
" ..... we are unable to address this review simply because you did not provide your 9-digit booking reference number. Please do so either by private message so that we can look into this for you and help you out further."

Well let me tell you, don't fall for it - MidhatZ's feeble attempt to provide "customer response" in these negative reviews are all smoke and mirrors, a typical illusion to fool you to think the company cares about their customers! They have your money - they will NOT resolve anything. Greedy low lives!

I booked a roundtrip ticket in 2016 and paid $400+ for a flight leaving out of Boston on the afternoon of Tuesday, March 14, 2017. What happened was winter storm Stella - ALL flights coming/going out of Boston that day were CANCELLED!
OK - so I was proactive, contacted Justfly and changed my flight for the next available departure. Done! All was well and good ...... until I returned home and saw my credit card statement.

They charged my credit card an additional $457 for changing my "cancelled" flight (penalty fee of $210, an exchange Fare difference of $229 + taxes). This fee was applied to this 1 flight and cost MORE than my original roundtrip ticket.
I was livid! Calling them caused more road rage anger!
After being placed on a consecutive hold for an hour+, every agent and manager I spoke with had a HEAVY accent and ALL of them REFUSED to refund the amount - claiming ridiculous policies!
They did NOT cared that my original flight was cancelled due to weather - again, the departure flight was CANCELLED! They went and charged fees and penalties for changes to the flight that was cancelled! They call themselves a "travel agency" and are not bound to any airline waivers and certainly have no concept of good customer service!

AVOID Justfly.com! They are evil, greedy cretins!
Their response request for you to provide your "9-digit booking reference number" is a WASTE OF TIME! They will not refund your money but will give you all EXCUSES on why they are keeping your money!

peterh189
4/14/17

I am a 30 year travel business man and have used multiple airlines, and travel agencies over the years, being budget minded, I look for the best deal for the money like many of us, I recently spent over six thousand dollars from my business for four tickets to travel from Nashville, TN to Cairns AU and return. DO NOT use Justfly.com they are a farce, not REAL! I had to change the return tickets BUT they would not do so, and would NOT even work with me. I had parties on both side of the pond working on this, the time, money, phone calls and headaches all add up to a very very unprofessional network of people that you need to STAY away from. I ended up having to purchase two more separate one way tickets to return to Nashville, due to legalities and time tables. I was on a government job and the change in return dates mandated I stay longer than the original ticket. I bought the flight Ins CSA (another company) you NEED to stay away from I tired to get Justfly to book another ticket and they said no tickets were available, then I tried to get the flight Ins to cover my tickets, I complied 42 pages of 'legal' documents and sent to Justfly.com and to the Flt Ins and so far I have received nothing. If you want to waste some money then use Justfly.com and if you want a flt Ins that WILL NOT cover you then use CSA. END OF STORY. adding insult to injury, they don't use people who can speak proper English.

yvettes13
4/13/17

We booked our flight and chose our seats when we got to the airport no seat assignments were done. I never fly without a window seat because I'm closterphobic. I called the company and they blamed it on the airlines. Never use this company!!!!!! The airline could not change my seats because they were full.

sevanak
4/13/17

business response they wrote me a message on my previous review saying the reference# it's not correct! Really bull$#*! the only not correct thing it's your liar $#*!eecompany,Reference#040428492&confirmation HR61DY /United flight number 856 (from LAX TO IAD ) DO YOU NEED MOR INFO! I make a reservation on Jan17 and I ended up to canceling it after few weeks which I paid $75 as a cancellation fee.you can't book another flight right away you have to give them call after 24hours.they kept my ticket money which was $378.40 as a credit, when I try to book the new ticket from saym airport to the same place they charge me $200 as a penalty fee yes for real and then I ended up paying $91 which was ticket difference fee. They technically rob you you do not ever try to purchase any thing from this stupid company. Basically I paid for one ticket flying inside of the usa. $744.40 Big Time robbers and liars.sevana Stevens

bradl639
4/12/17

Why do Jusfly have flights posted that does not exist??? I booked yesterday just to recieved an email later that evening stating that the reservation was cancelled. Why is Justfly posting flights that they have not verified the availability with the airlines. I find Justfly to be very misleading to the public and would hesitate booking through this website.

mm287
4/11/17

A RIP OFF APRIL 11, 2017 - DONT BUY TXT W/ JUSTFLY...THEY ARE THIEVES...I JUST MADE A RESERVATION TO RIO THEY GAVE ME A FARE FOR 878...AND MINUTES LATER I GET AN EMAIL OF MY CC CHARGING 992....THEY CHARGED 100$ MORE THAN WAS SET...DONT BUY WITH THEM ...A RIP OFF

caroleg13
4/10/17

My recent experience with JustFly was very disappointing after previous positive experiences. While booking a flight for 3 of us, after what I thought was adding the first two of us already in Justfly's account, I added the third person. It appeared we were all 3 added however, when I received the confirmation there were only 2 confirmation numbers an 2 of us listed twice. My call to correct, first got me Maria who quoted me a charge of $75, I asked to speak to a supervisor she stated that wasn't possible and when I insisted she stated I could call back and get another rep. The remainder is long and amounted to know help - I was told it was my fault and after the initial rep reduced the fee to $50, the supervisor said without $75 additional fee nothing could be done. When asked to provide the third ticket e-confirmation in writing I was told they couldn't provide. I have the airline confirmation and that would suffice. Very disappointed as the e-confirmation issue seems to state the duplicate name was flagged and I could have simply been asked -or your system intentionally let's people error? Just fly has now responded, we have come to an a reasonable agreement. I'm thankful for this response and hope you train customer service how to resolve initially.

janes209
4/8/17

My daughter moved to Melbourne recently and I was looking for affordable flights to Melbourne. While browsing the Internet, I was very surprised to see the affordable prices listed on Justfly.com and I was initially quite skeptical.
I decided to test the 'phone-in deal' and to my surprise, I had Riri who was professional and efficient. I rate her professionalism and efficiency 10/10. Justfly,com, you have a great employee in Riri. Riri asked me if I wanted to fly out of Boston in the AM, noon, PM and I replied that I needed her to find the flight with the shortest layover time in Los Angeles. She found me one. She put me on hold a few times to check her backend but it was for less than 2 minutes each time. She was informative and perceptive, to the point that she said it wasn't necessary to write anything down because I will receive the information in a follow-up email. I wish all customer service agents were like Riri. Thank you, Riri!

davidc499
4/6/17

I booked a flight with justfly and I called the night before my flight was supposed to return home and they told me over the phone my flight had been cancelled. I wouldn't have known if I didn't call because I didn't get any notification. The representative told me I would have to go sit at the airport for hours before my cancelled flight and talk to a representative from that airline. I did some research and found out that the airline they booked me on no longer even flies out of that airport so there would be no representative at the airport. When I called back the representative bullied me and told me there was nothing he could do but book new flights which I would be charged for and I would have to pay penalties. I had to ask to speak to a supervisor 8 times before I was finally left on-hold and no one ever picked up. I was forced to book new last minute flights and I had to fly for 2 days with long layovers in different cities until I was able to make it home. I also missed a day or work. I will be filing a formal complaint as well as this is unacceptable.

juleek
4/5/17

My dear friend and her husband were planning a trip to Sweden with their family. Sadly, my friends husband was diagnosed with incurable cancer at age 41, and due to his Chemo schedule, they sadly had to cancel this trip of a lifetime.
After explaining the circumstance to customer service, Justfly offered no opportunity for cancelation, and nothing to help in refunding their trip that has to be canceled to no fault of their own. Circumstances arise. Sadly, cancer happens. It happens to anyone at anytime. Even a young man of 41 with a beautiful wife and three small children. One would think, a company as well known as Justfly, would be more than willing to help a family in an already stressful situation not have to worry about Losing out on the money previously spent on a vacation they can, sadly, not go on.
There are MANY, MANY, competitive companies that offer the same services as Justfly. I will be using every competitor company, and strongly advise anyone else planning a vacation, to do the same. I'm certain, this can't be an isolated incident, and I'm equally certain it won't be the last. Buh-bye, Justfly!

derekw37
4/5/17

This company is a sham and scam. They charge $150 per head per change and refused to help a family with a very ill family member in it make changes to a booking. AWFUL.

Other travel agencies and airlines were thankfully helpful to my friend as was their credit card company.

They may not even have a real merchant account and may be an affiliate reselling other packages. Go with a different site to book flights. This one is horrible.

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JustFly staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
anneh94
anne H.
2 days, 4 hours ago
Answer
henric11
Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep]
A: Hi Anne,

Thanks for reaching out to us on SiteJabber. You can find information on our cancellation policy here http://www.justfly.com/help/faq/I-have-to-cancel-my-flight

We always recommend that you confirm your reservation directly with the airline 48-72 hours prior to departure, regardless of where you book. This is to ensure that your flight is scheduled to take off as usual. If you have any questions or concerns, send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Kind wishes,
Answer
henric11
Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep]
A: Hi Carmen,

While we do occasionally offer a $19 discount, it is not applicable to all itineraries. If your flight is eligible for the discount, it will already be included in the fare displayed on the search results page. Once you click through to check out, you will be able to see the discount in the breakdown of the fare.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind wishes,