Review of JustFly

JustFly reviews

Tel: 1-800-717-5015

candacec18
10/17/17

I will NEVER use them again. I booked two flights to Hong Kong separately, one right after the other for my friend and me. I was flying from Kalispell, and he was flying from Seattle. We were to meet in Seattle and both were booked on the same flights sitting next to each other the whole time. I booked these flights about 7 months in advance and were flying on Alaska air, Hainan airlines and Hong Kong airlines.

About 3 months before the date of our trip, we received notification that one of our legs back from Hong Kong was cancelled and to call and rebook. I called JustFly and they helped me rebook us on new flights back. It seemed easy and not like a huge problem at the time.

Fast forward to 6 weeks before our trip. I was getting all my paperwork in order and they had sent my friend a new itinerary with the new flights on it, but I still had yet to receive mine, which I needed for my travel insurance. I call them and I got a very rude person on the phone who cannot give me a good reason why they cannot send me the new itinerary, just says that they can't. I argue with them that the flight I rescheduled for my friend at the exact same time was already approved and a new itinerary sent. I got so frustrated because they were so unwilling to help me that I hung up and decided to email the airline myself,

The airline emailed me back and to my utter dismay, tells me that that I have not been rebooked, that there were no flight changes for me in the system. I called JUstFly back and spend HOURS on the phone with them and I am still not confident I will be on any flight back from Hong Kong come December. They still tell me they cant send me a new itinerary for 48-72 hours which is what they said last time and I never received one. Stay away from these people.

enezj
10/16/17

I have used many booking agents and yours is the worst. You say 24 hours my request was not within 24 hours. My request was made within 2 hours also, your company could not even make the change, my intention was to change not cancel but your agent indicated this could not be done. If your company does not have the ability to change a reservation after 2 hours then you are not equipped to handle the public. And you should seriously consider updating your technology. Currently your practices appear fraudulent. I was left frustrated and appalled. This is my first time using your services and would never recommend anyone else if anything I would discourage usage of a booking agent such as yours.

kimberlyh115
10/16/17

DO NOT USE JUSTFLY.COM !!! I repeat DO NOT USE JUSTFLY.COM and DEF> DO NOT purchase the "insurance" --IT IS NOT insurance --it's just YOU tossing $20 to an empty hole! They will NOT refund your $$$ and only offer what an airline would offer (need a medical doctor written form, and submit by mail and MAYBE they will grant your a partial refund) . I feel completely ripped off!! FYI our tripped was booked with TWO airlines and after simply calling the airlines, we got our $$ back (via United and Frontier). We will NEVER EVER use justfly.com EVER!
-consider yourself warned
DO NOT USE!

marvinc39
10/16/17

I made reservations from Newrk NJ to Beunos Aires Argentina with JustFly. I needed 4 seats for my son, his wife, baby and us. They booked the seats and because we were traveling with a baby we could not do the boarding passes with American Airlines. American told us wie would have to do the boarding passes at the airport. So we went to the airport on the day of travel and were informed the seats we were given by JustFly were already taken and they had no record of the seat reservation. This happened on the way back as well. The seats were reportedly premium seats and we we not charged premium pirces, hence, we had to rebook. Unfortunately on the way home there were only premium seats and we had to spend another $180 to secure 4 seats in a row. Again I do not know wheter this was incompetence or deception on the part of JustFly.

diegoj6
10/14/17

Shady company that charge you hidden fees.
I bought a ticket on line for a good price of $891.56. Then I received an email saying that my booking didn't go through and they provided a phone number. I called and they "fixed" the problem. However they tell me that "the price of the ticket went slightly up". When I say my credit card statement, I noticed there were TWO charges: one for the ticket ($891.56, so the price DIDN'T go up at all) and then an extra $60. When I called, the first person (John or Joan- the voice was female like, so I'm not sure) hung up on me, the second (Yanni) tried to trick me on the fact that these were part of the ticket. Then she connected me with a supervisor (Erin or Eryn) who told me the same lie and explained to me that those were taxes and fees (which were already itemized under the $891.56, so why the "new" taxes and fees), and refused to refund me those $60.
Of course I will dispute those charges with my bank and of course I will report them to "Better Business Bureau" and "COnsumer Affairs".
But if you buy a ticket through this company, KNOW that hey WILL charge you hidden and undisclosed fees, disguised as the price of the ticket.

gingerm19
10/13/17

They advertise "24 hr cancellation!" but they will charge you for it! They charged $75 for a $170 flight cancelled within 20 hrs. I will never use them again.

gabrielled8
10/13/17

Justfly.com changed my flights to Australia to add a 7.5 and a 10.5 hour layover to my trip to Australia. They changed 4 of my 6 flights in my itinerary. They told me the airline makes changes and that they are not responsible. Upon contacting Qantas about these flights, I found that all ticket changes are made through Justfly.com. I've made 6 calls to customer service with no avail. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that one would call me back within 3 hours. I received no calls back. I just spent 1.5 hours waiting to speak to a supervisor to seek help. Now I know that Justfly.com received a F RATING BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! I am still waiting for my flight to be corrected. Justfly will comment on this review saying they are working with me through an "escalation" process. This isn't true I've emailed and messaged someone from this department on Wednesday then they disappeared. Won't return any emails. I've spoken to a representative from Qantas who told me it was a simple fix and they just needed someone from Justfly.com to contact him. I gave Justfly the direct number to Qantas North American sales who could correct my flight and still nothing is being done!

yc27
10/11/17

I wish I had done a google search of this company before I bought my tickets. It's not even 24 hours...it Is an hour to be exact since I have called to cancel my reservation and you wouldn't believe the outrage that was brought upon me. I spoke to a horrible representative who insisted I paid $75 to get a refund. I said absolutely not, I have a 24 hour window to cancel my flight free of charge and it hasn't even been an hour. They were so shook that I knew this information...that they knocked it down to 50, then to 25. I said absolutely not! The laws of the US state that I have 24 hours and I am not paying anything to cancel this reservation, now kindly refund my flight. After two attempts at horrible customer service one where I washung up on and the other where I am currently on hold for 30 minutes, I am going to get my refund for which I am entitled to per the law. BOTTOM LINE IS DO NOT USE THIS FRAUDULENT SITE!!!! I'll keep you posted. If you speak to a SARAH or IRIS, know that you will not get anywhere

jp256
10/11/17

Pay attention to the other reviewers that say stay away! Justfly makes it so you cannot change a flight through the airline, only through them. They charge you an exorbitant amount of money to change your flight (mine was $450 + the extra for the fare difference).

I tried to do it through their website and came across the fee. I thought I could get the fee lowered even a small amount as a show of good faith by talking to a human.

After waiting for the representative on the phone to speak with her manager, she informed me that she couldn't lower the fee. Even a little? Nope.

Wow!

I won't be using their services again and will book directly through the airline next time. I recommend you do the same.

portiaj4
10/10/17

I can not be any stronger when I say DO NOT BOOK THROUGH JUSTFLY, Their cancellation policy is a rip off and we ended up losing $1000 for a $391. flight. we was on hold for over an hour trying to speak to a manager (which was no help at all) their customer service sucks and they put you on hold for EVERYTHING. Have been trying to resolve the same issue for 9 days and still no results..I do not mind paying for things that I made a mistake for but to pay over and over again is not right. This company is horrible!! I made 1 of the biggest mistakes of my life by booking with them NEVER AGAIN! Save yourself money, time and stress.and book directly with the agency!
I have never put a review online for a company, but I would not rest knowing that I did not say something to try to warn others.

as5832
10/10/17

DO NOT USE JUST FLY.COM! THE PRICES WILL INTICE YOU BUT THE FLIGHTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE, NON TRANSFERABLE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES. THEY STATE ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT THEY OFFER 24/7 CANCELLATION AND THE INSURANCE TO COVER TRIPS IS VERY SPECIFIC. AGAIN, GO THROUGH THE AIRLINE, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE. I was so very disappointed in justly.com. I will never use them again, Kayak is my go to from now on. They stand by their customer service and promises to their customers. Do not fall for this, its a racket.

heatherr96
10/9/17

ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS EXPERIENCE!

This company lied about their cancellation policy, deceived us in how their insurance policy works, and we had to eventually pay about a thousand dollars extra to get it taken care of directly through the airline. They added on fee after fee to total in hundreds of dollars worth of cancellation and rescheduling fees we were never told about.

I will NEVER recommend this company, and I will do everything I can to warn people about the terrible experience we had.

We purchased our tickets in April as well as cancellation insurance ($130). The trip was planned for December. We did have to reschedule our flights to a later due to to unexpected circumstances. The cancellation policy only covers you if you or any of the passengers die. So, we had to pay a cancellation cost. A few weeks after canceling, I called the airline, and found out our flight was never actually cancelled, yet we were charged.

We can outgoing flight through Delta, and got that taken care of promptly by calling the airline. They charged us $100 to change our flight. Justfly was trying to say that on top of the cancellation charge ($75 per passenger), we needed to pay a $200 per passenger reschedule fee, along with their fees (which ended up being over $500).

Because I had such a great experience with Delta, I called our return flight American Airlines to do the same thing. We had a difference experience, but were able to reschedule our flight for $147 per passenger (still $300), but cheaper than JustFly quoted us (Which was again, $200/passenger along with their "fees").

I purchased insurance, which did nothing. I used a 3rd party to get cheaper tickets, and then it has turned into a nightmare. I called them back calling them out on the cancellation failure on their part, and they refused to give me a refund, even though they never actually did anything about the cancelled flight.

I tried to cancel the insurance because it also wasn't doing anything for me, and the airline would take care of me better than this company. They wouldn't refund this either.

This is a fraudulent, lying company and I do not recommend them at all! They outsource their customer service department and nothing ever got resolved.

brianh246
10/8/17

Good until the Vermont leg. Seems they lost a plane and couldn't find it or any replacement. Result: hours late. Maybe better next time. Otherwise everything went as planned and on schedule. Thanks

katherinem82
10/8/17

My husband and I bought tickets to Cancun, we made a mistake on my name so we had to pay a 50 fine to cancel, and rebook. While on the phone. They booked 5 tickets instead of one, now just fly is refusing to pay our cc back. They offered to credit through their company. Had a run around all the time. Asked for a manager, one wasn't available so we requested a call back. Which they said 1-2 hours later. After 4 hours we called back, instead of calling us back the manager left a note on the booking.... horrible customer service for when they made the mistake and double booked my family. Instead of just canceling one ticket.

sandrak76
10/8/17

This was my first and last time using Just Fly.I booked 2 roundtrip tickets JFK to Lisbon on TAP on the phone with a representative called Ken. I clearly asked him if seats and baggage were included with the price. He said seats would be assigned at the end of the purchase and baggage was included. We did pick seats however, 2 days later I eeceived an email from TAP saying baggage and seats were not included in my fare. I called TAP and after a long wait did speak to someone who said I did have a seat just not an assigned one. This was CLEARLY MISINFORMATION! On my booking receipt from Just Fly it says:
Personal item: FREE Carry-on: FREE 1st Bag: FREE 2nd Bag: 110.00 More Baggage Details
This information is not true! TAP said I had to pay a fee for checked bags since I had a discount rate.
So Beware of using JUST Fly.
I could not find an address to write to anyone and I did not receive any help when I called!

zhaofengl
10/7/17

it is such a bad experience. i booked a ticket but could not take the flight on December last year due to no access to transit in Canada. justfly told me i could use the same value of credits which are available for a year and they charge me 150$ for changing flight which makes no sense. even worse, now, just half year, i connect them for my credit. they told me i cannot use it anymore.

leew88
10/7/17

The person I spoke to was courteous but I was put on hold for 30-40 minutes while the JustFly rep had to call JetBlue to confirm that I am entitled to a refund. My flight was cancelled due to weather conditions so it was no surprise that JetBlue was fielding an inordinate amount of calls from customers whose flights were cancelled. I do not understand why I had to wait for the JustFly rep to get through to JetBlue.

adeolab
10/7/17

I was not adequately refunded for my first ticket which was a return ticket, because after the refund i was deducted for some charges again which was not meant to be so. I lost money and still had to buy a one way ticket to Nigeria.

larryt62
10/7/17

Warning! - JustFly is NOT the site to use if you are price comparing and want the lowest price. If the price goes down in 1 hour, like it did for me, you are screwed.

I found a lower priced ticket ($582) on several sites (including Justfly) about an hour after I purchased the ticket on JustFly.com. $76 cheaper than the ticket I just purchased. I have never purchased a ticket on this website before and usually purchase through Expedia or United which allows you to cancel within 24 hours without a fee. But I felt comfortable booking on the JustFly.com site because they state that you can cancel with 24 hours. I assumed that they were like Expedia. However, you will have to pay a cancellation fee of $75 to cancel. The cancellation fee agreement is listed on a different link in the terms and agreement. If they are going to post that they allow 24 hour cancellation, they should also clearly and boldly post that there is a cancellation fee of $75. I think that this is misleading and dishonest. I called the customer service and they refused to cancel the reservations without charging me a fee. They could have just adjusted the price with the lower price but they said they will charge me a $75 cancellation fee to do this...

Further, they should look into whether they are violating any federal laws. (see below from the transportation.gov website)

This notice provides guidance to U.S. and foreign air carriers regarding compliance with the customer service rule that requires carriers to hold a reservation at the quoted fare for 24 hours without payment or allow a reservation to be cancelled within 24 hours without penalty (the 24-hour reservation requirement). (14CFR 259.5(b)(4), 76 Fed. Reg. 23110, 23166, Apr. 25, 2011)

jenniferd226
10/6/17

Justfly is sneaky and engages in unethical practices. I bought 2 tickets and one of the first names on the ticket got misspelled. They absolutely refused to change the spelling of the name unless I paid them a $75 dollars. Everyone I spoke to spoke minimal English. They were rude and unhelpful.

Second, the advertised price was bogus. When I went to purchase the ticket a popup said the price listed had increased. If that was the case why was it advertised at a lower price?!
I will never ever use the site again and I urge everyone to avoid getting swindled.

aundreaa
10/6/17

I purchased a window seat and got a middle seat for the ride home! I would like to be reimbursed for this!!!! Below is my boarding pass. Please contact me!

brennonm
10/5/17

Everything went as expected other than our experience with foodservice on a trans-Atlantic flight. We were surprised to learn that a meal was not automatically included since that has always been our experience on previous long flights. Apparently we were supposed to know whether we had purchased a meal or not (we didn't know), and then we were further surprised to learn that a meal came with one of our tickets and not the other even though we bought two of what we thought were the same tickets on a single itinerary. It all worked out because the airline just gave us the second meal, but it was still an odd experience that made me think, "I need to be more careful about this if I ever use JustFly again."

skyes1
10/5/17

Everything went smoothly except I got a seat change on my way back that wasn't too bad.it was my first flight by myself and I'm definitely using justfly again!

haroldh50
10/5/17

I purchased two separate tickets for two people on different dates with different destinations. Both were handled very efficently with no stress or complications even tho both our returns were during hurricane Erma to Florida. The slight extra charge was very worth it to get A1 service for two people at different times.

christopherh111
10/5/17

I would had at least had the opportunity to reschedule the flight. I had to cancel my trip because my wife broke her leg and she cannot put weight on it for at least 2 months. So we had to cancel our trip. She didn't lose money on her ticket because she booked somewhere else.

Helpful answer

Worst experience I have ever had with an airline... extensive international traveler. RUN.

By Demetria Z. on 6/18/15
Helpful answer

Hi Ed, We're so sorry to hear that you've difficulties with a reservation. Could you please send us your 9-digit booking reference number by private message, and tell us a bit more about the issue? We'll reach out to you to help resolve the matter. Kind wishes, JustFly Team

By Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep] on 6/2/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ruth, In some cases, airlines can make changes to your reservation. If the changes don't work for you, we'll try our best to accommodate you. Please email us at social@justfly.com if you need assistance with your booking. Kind wishes, JustFly Team

By Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep] on 5/16/17
Helpful answer

They are not reliable at all. Take your business somewhere else.

By Benjamin S. on 11/9/16
Helpful answer

Hi Greg, If you're concerned about your booking, send us a private message with your 9-digit booking reference number and tell us what the issue is. We'll reach out to you help. Kind wishes, JustFly Team

By Midhat Z. [Flighthub Rep] on 5/10/17
Helpful answer

Hi Alfonso, We're so sorry to hear this! Could you please send us your booking reference number by private message? We'll look into this as soon as possible. Kind wishes, JustFly team

By Midhat Z. [Flighthub Rep] on 5/9/17
Helpful answer

Hi Anne, Thanks for reaching out to us on SiteJabber. You can find information on our cancellation policy here http://www.justfly.com/help/faq/I-have-to-cancel-my-flight We always recommend that you confirm your reservation directly with the airline 48-72 hours prior to departure, regardless of where you book. This is to ensure that your flight is scheduled to take off as usual. If you have any questions or concerns, send us a private message and we'll be happy to help! Kind wishes, JustFly Team

By Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep] on 4/26/17
Helpful answer

Hi Miranda, We're so sorry about this! This week as you can imagine has been incredibly busy due to the hurricanes. Were you able to resolve your issue?

By Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep] on 9/5/17
Helpful answer

Hi there, This all depends on the airline fare rules. We would suggest contacting our customer care team at 1-800-717-5015. They will be able to answer your questions accordingly. Kind wishes, JustFly Team

By Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep] on 8/31/17
Helpful answer

Hi Chilan, Thank you for contacting us on SiteJabber. Could you please send us more information about your inquiry by email at social@justfly.com? We'd be happy to help answer your questions. Kind wishes, JustFly Team

By Midhat Z. [JustFly Rep] on 7/30/17
Questions? Get answers from the JustFly staff and other customers.

6 Photos for JustFly