Review of JustAnswer

Tel: 1-888-862-9212
support@justanswer.com

anthonym226
7/18/17

The car was having trouble maintaining power at idle and kept dying and i couldn't figure out why. I looked on the internet for some help and this site came up. I was skeptical at first but after a little bit this mechanic replied to me and gave me some tips on what it might be.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined but this was my first real issue with a car. After some trouble shooting it helped a lot and I was able to adjust the throttle body to get it to keep running. It was easier than towing the car to a shop and about half as much as a night in a garage.

Good deal

Tip for consumers: Try to be a little patient and the answers will come.

alejandroc21
7/18/17

I had some questions about a car that i had bought from a private seller that ended up having some trouble. The lawyer that responded to me ended up giving me some advice and wording that saved me a ton of hassle and got me about $3500 back.

Definitely worth the $48 investment.

rhondac28
7/14/17

Found their web page by typing in legal advice for Calgary I asked them on their chat drop down that said I was talking to a live agent. Asked them if they give legal advice specifically for Calgary Alberta. They requested I sign up for there 30 day free trial I did and requested my credit card. Said I would not be charged unless my question was answered. I then get an emailthat they were charging me $5 first then $43 when a lawyer responded. I didn't ask specifically for any legal advice. Just asked them if they had such a service where I am. Bull s##t. Phoned into their costumer service. A very nice lady answered and refunded my money with in 3-5 days. She is just a worker that has a $#*!ty job but she could answer me about it being misleading. I'm already stressed with a legal question and then I have to deal with this bull$#*!. Warning Canadas do not use!

markc299
7/11/17

scammers they make it look like someone is there to answer your questions paid my $21 & 30 hrs later still waiting

fn30
7/10/17

They say an expert will answer in 10 minutes but I didn't get a response for 2 questions in 3 days. I then got a message from an administrator saying they were still looking for a professional to answer my query (on property and planning) so I just said cancel the question and refund my money.

They'll make it look as though you can have a livechat with an expert but this isn't the case - you have to pay for each question you ask so as you can imagine, I was eager to get an answer for the 2 x £26 I'd shelled out.

It didn't work and I'm in the process of asking for money back.

ciscos
7/6/17

The printer touch screen was unresponsive to touch despite running diagnostics, unplugging the printer, etc. The JustAnswer tech told me how to do a total reset of the printer. The instructions were simple and in two minutes, the issue was fixed!

garyg101
6/28/17

The techncian helped me to figure out some cool VB solutions for some Excel stuff I was working on. The cost was definitely worth it and i'll keep this place in mind if i run into similar issues again in the future.

Tip for consumers: If you're comfortable on the computer and talking online this is great. You can also have a phone call for a little extra or let the computer tech remote control the computer.

wilmab9
6/28/17

Earlier this week one of my cats had eaten something that i thought was poisonous and i was panicking because it was late at night just before we were about to go to bed.

I was googling what to do and landed on this site and ended up speaking with one of the vets and she was able to walk us through how to treat our cat and get her to throw up.

We're eternally thankful for the help.

joanw48
6/26/17

I was having trouble accessing my email; in fact, it was impossible. Since I didn't know what to do, I check online and found "Just Answer" My question to them was, I'm unable to access my email, can you help me?

Before I could get an answer to my question, I was offered a @200.00 yearly fee for protection of my computer. I kept insisting that my problem was accessing my email account, and that I did not need anything else, and finally, I hung up on him.

In the meantime, I paid the required $5.00 "fully refundable" deposit. When I checked my credit card statement, I was charged $42.00 on top of the $5.00 "fully refundable" deposit. When I discovered this, I wrote those scammers a statement they should never forget, and I cancelled my credit card. Who knows what else they might be up to?

So, today, I have a new credit card, I've made an "unauthorized charge" complaint with my bank, and now, I'm writing this stellar review. I decided to eat the $5.00 "fully refundable" deposit, but I have no idea what the $42.00 charge was for. I figured that the rep I talked to earned $5.00 for the time he spent arguing with me. I hung up on him before he could refer me to the "expert:", whom I figured would give me the same runaround.

So, I hope they feel satisfied with my ex- $5.00. I'll never do this again. Good luck to you raters who gave this outfit 5 stars!

michaelm594
6/19/17

I've used JustAnswer twice now, about two different issues. Both times they were right and it didn't take look to get an answer. They were always helpful and friendly. If you can't figure something out, these guys will.

biancad14
6/19/17

My dog was vomiting and was weak; the vet asked me questions about her appearance and behavior and after I answered she told be the possibilities of what she might have. She gave me alternatives on what to give her and definitely it was a lifesaver. 24 hrs. later, Aurora started drinking water by herself.

williamp138
6/19/17

The information was very detailed and each question answered. Not only was there a written statement concerning the repair process but also attached images showing me where to look and what to address.

catherinel54
6/18/17

Recently got divorced and wasn't sure where to start. Found justanswer online and got some sound legal advice that helped prepare me for next steps

mattb154
6/18/17

I needed to talk to a vet about some major dry flaky skin I discovered behind my dogs ears. It was late night and I freaked out a bit, which later I found was an overreaction :) and found justanswer. I was able to talk to a vet in a few mins for 24 bucks which was well worth it. Great service!

garye43
6/18/17

Communications between myself and my tech was excellent. My problem was resolved quickly. Hopefully not to soon but if I run into a problem in the feature I wont hesitate to use this service again.

sallyh59
6/18/17

I found Justanswer when I noticed that coolant was leaking into the passenger floor of my car. I had never heard of this issue before I was afraid something was really wrong. I talked to a mechanic and he was able to give me some info that I could take to a car shop. It turns out he was right. I felt more confident that I wasnt being duped by the shop.

marcou
6/17/17

If you need help count on just answer to help you with your problem! They are quick and very knowledgeable

maryf173
6/17/17

My problem was so simple, I should've known to check it myself. But, I'm very thankful that my tech knew exactly what to do.

maggiew28
6/17/17

My dog ate some adults medication and my vets office was closed.my dog also has several medical problems one of which requires insulin shots so I was very concerned . Just answer quickly provided me with the information I need to make sure my dog would be ok..my dog is fine and it is really a blessing to know that if my vets office is closed and I need help just ask is available.

eril3
6/15/17

I used JustAnswer's medical section. Dr. Basu on JustAnswer is a great professional and gets back to you as quickly as possible. You do have to put up a "good faith" payment of $5 and then pay $17 after your question is answered but it is worth it. My own doctor sent me a report of my test results and they were very confusing and when I asked for clarification I got very little. Dr. Basu helped a lot and it was his advice that helped me push my primary care physician to actually do more for my current condition than just conservatively wait and see. If I needed help like this again I would do it.

shariek
6/14/17

This site charges you for items that can not be fixed. The satisfaction guaranteed refund is a hoax as well because I was not satisfied and was not able to get a refund, most likely because his answer was "it's not repairable". Do not be fooled by their high rating on their site because you can only rate them if you are satisfied. I do take some blame for this however, I should have known better than to consult a site that charges you to wait in line and then just getting to talk to someone to tell you an item is not repairable. My lesson and recommendation to anyone even tempted to use this site is DO NOT USE and consult a professional near you on phone first to see if the item is even repairable. That would be free and you would not be mislead to think the answer you would get would be to actually repair the item.

Tip for consumers: Do not be fooled by their high rating on their site because you can only rate them if you are satisfied so you do not hear from all the unsatisfied customers.

royh70
6/14/17

The dishwasher in our village hall had stopped heating the water and people stopped using it, so I took it apart and with some help from one of JustAnswer's experts I was able to home in on the cause. I don't think I could have done it without his help so it was money well spent. The village hall committee was very pleased that a lot of money was saved, as well as the machine itself saved from the tip.

lisal282
6/14/17

Answered very quickly and seems to be pointing me in the right direction.
Worth the $31.00, to put my mind at ease and give me a starting point.

jurgeng1
6/14/17

Sadly, the website is confusing as to what the cost for advice is. One is automatically committed to an ongoing subscription if one does not cancel immediately after a question was answered. This is misleading and dishonest.
On top of that, one receives a flood of unwanted email promotions.
This is the 3rd review I have written (after my question was answered) and I am not writing any more.

debbiw4
6/14/17

Our dog was just diagnosed with diabetes and we had spent a week of care and over $1,500.00 with our local vet but still had unanswered questions. Dr. Amy explained and guided me through appropriate and safe dosages much clearer than our vet and without the huge price tag. Thank you so much!

Helpful answer

Hello Siiyaa, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer and I apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to ask a question on JustAnswer, please visit our home page: www.justanswer.com Simply type your question into the text box, and click the Get An Answer button. You will be taken to a registration page, follow the on screen directions and your question will be posed to all the qualified Experts who are online. If you have additional questions, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Regards,

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 12/19/15
Helpful answer

Hello John, I'm Adam and I work with JA. Sorry to hear about the difficulty that you've been having, it sounds like you probably didn't register an account and instead posted your question to a guest account. You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help, they should be able to get your account sorted out in a couple of minutes. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 9/8/15
Helpful answer

Hello $#*!--j We're sorry to hear that you feel that way, we've tried reaching out to you several times over the past several weeks to look into the issue that you seem to be having but we've received no reply to any of our attempts to contact you. If you feel comfortable sharing your JA username or email address with me, I can have customer support reach out to you immediately. You can also email support@justanswer.com as our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and responds within 6 hours. Let us know if you need anything else.

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 8/17/15
Helpful answer

Hi there Geoff, The membership offer does come after the initial question is posted but it is completely optional. If you are not on the membership program, your account with remain as a pay-per-question account and you do need to place a deposit for each question that is posted to the site. I'll send you a private message to see if we can locate your account and see what is happening.

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 4/22/16
Helpful answer

Also whoever wrote the f- word should be respectful of the people reading this site jabber and reviews section. Perhaps it was a mistake to write that word in here in which case an apology would be proper. JK

By Joe K. on 7/23/13
Helpful answer

Hello Cynthia, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. We're sorry to hear that you want to turn off your membership feature. In order to cancel your membership, you may do so by logging in to your JustAnswer account. Then, click the Edit link in the Account information panel on the left side of the page. On the Edit Your Membership page, next to Membership Status, you should see ON and OFF buttons for your membership, make sure the OFF button is selected and click Save Settings. Once you have followed the steps above, your membership will be turned off. You will continue to have the benefits of the membership until the end of the billing cycle, at which time your account with switch back to Pay-Per-Question status. If you need any help in doing this, or with any other questions about your account, please reach out to Customer Care at support@justanswer.com or 1-800-509-5721. Regards, Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 4/26/17
Helpful answer

Hello Cecilia, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer and thank you for giving us this opportunity to help you with your Tax question. If you would like to ask a question on JustAnswer, please visit our home page: www.justanswer.com Simply type your question into the text box, and click the "Get An Answer" button. You will be taken to a registration page, follow the on screen directions and your question will be posed to all the qualified Experts who are online. If you have additional questions, please reach out to our Customer Support team at support@justanswer.com or you can reach us by phone at 1-800-509-5721. Regards, Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 4/16/17
Helpful answer

Hello Betsy, Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're terribly sorry to hear that you feel that way but we are happy to help. There are two ways for you to cancel your membership: 1. You can send an email to our Customer Care team at support@justanswer.com and you should receive an email with a response back within 4 hours. 2. Once you have logged in, you can opt out of the Membership yourself from the My Account tab at the top of the page. Click on the membership menu on the left-hand side of the page and follow the instructions. Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance though and we are happy to help. Regards, Adam - Customer Support Supervisor

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 4/2/17
Helpful answer

Hello We, Thank you for getting in touch with us, we'll try to get you back in touch with Brian. You should be able to log back into your account and click on the My Questions link at the top of the page and that will show you a list of all of the questions that you've posted on the site. You should also have received an email with a link to the question but if you need any other assistance in navigating the site, please send a message to support@justanswer.com and you should receive a reply back within 4 hours. Let us know if you need anything else and we're here to help. Regards, Adam - Customer Care Supervisor

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 2/19/17
Helpful answer

Hello John, Thanks for posting this question, I'm happy to help you with this. the Login and payment pages are all secure and our security certificate is updated daily. That being said, if you did not proceed with posting the question and were not charged, it is likely that you did not create an account and that we do not have any information from you. If you need any assistance with an account or billing issue, please reach out to our customer support team at support@justanswer.com Let me know if you need any further assistance and I'm happy to help. Regards, Adam - Customer Support Supervisor.

By Adam R. [JustAnswer Rep] on 2/9/17
Questions? Get answers from the JustAnswer staff and other customers.

JustAnswer?