US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

juliep16
10/21/13

I wish there were negative stars for reviewing jewelmint! What a scam!!

I called them to cancel my "membership". After being on hold for 10 minutes, I was automatically cut off because they were busy with other callers, I called back and was on auto hold again. I finally did get a live person. The customer service I received was good. I was ultimately refunded for two months of charges, which I was very happy about.

I do believe they are being deceptive in charging accounts automatically. I re-looked at their description of how they work. It is worded in a way that doesn't exactly spell out what they do. I feel that if they are afraid to make it crystal clear, then they are knowingly trying to deceive people. If you don't have anything to hide, you don' need clever wording to generate business.

I say, shame on you, jewelmint, shoemint, and all other entities,

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

missmm
10/17/13

Ok, I have to start by saying of course it's a site that charges you every month if you don't opt out -- they make that pretty clear, just read the info before you click the box. Or read the emails they send you -- these types of complaints annoy me because, seriously guys, it's your own fault for agreeing before reading the terms -- or at least googling reviews.

However, my issue with JewelMint is that A) their shipping is APPALING slow. They promise 5-7 days. I have never gotten a package in less that 3 weeks. B) I have ordered a 4-piece mystery box TWICE and only gotten THREE items. So annoying. I don't have an issue with quality (I mean, I'd never pay $30 for a piece of cosutme jewelry, so I only get the mystery boxes), but I do have issues with them not keeping their end of the agreement (to ship in a timely fashion, to send the promised 4 items, etc.). Shop elsewhere -- it's really not worth the hassle.

suej10
10/4/13

STAY AWAY FROM THIS CREEPY COMPANY. I BOUGHT SOMETHING AND SUDDENLY THEY ARE CHARGING MY CARD EVERY MONTH. THE ITEM WAS AWFUL. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR CHARGE CARD. YOU WILL BE SORRY. NO WHERE DID THEY MAKE CLEAR THAT IF YOU BUY SOMETHING YOU WERE BECOMING A MEMBER. YIKES!!!!!!

jh133
9/17/13

If you sign up on, or join, Jewelmint, you will be charged $29.99 each and every month thereafter unless you go into the site between the 1st and the 5th of EACH month to state that you do not want their services (or to pay the $29.99) that month. Declining their services/billings for one month does NOT opt you our of next month's bill. you will be charged another $29.99 for the next month, unless you take time out of your busy schedule to decline the charge before the 5th of the following month. The $29.99 "credit" that you receive for this month's use of the site (whether or not you access the site) expires after a short time. This is an extremely poor business practice. It is designed to take one penny less than $30 from you each and every month, hopefully without your noticing it. That amounts to $359.88 thrown away dollars each year! DO NOT USE JEWEL MINT!

saras31
9/17/13

DO NOT USE JEWELMINT - they are thieves and it's a complete scam. I don't know how these disgusting companies get away with this. I certainly could not live with myself if I worked for a company as unethical as this one.
Don't buy anything from them. They will literally rob you.

suel15
8/7/13

This site is a scam. They do not let you know in advance of any purchase that they will charge you 29.99 monthly fee UNLESS you opt out. Of course none of this is made clear and the only time you will realize this is if you see it on your credit card bill.

lauriem10
8/7/13

If I could give them ZERO stars, I would. They have THE WORST customer service, ever. I skipped a month, and they still charged me. Then customer service HUNG UP ON ME. All they want to do is scam people out of money. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!!!

janicee3
8/7/13

I forgot to skip the month, so I called hoping that they would understand I couldn't afford it this month and do something about it. I talked to this guy and he said nothing could be done and deactivated my account. Then I called back to make sure there was nothing they could do and I spoke to this girl which said, that she can do a courtesy refund for one of my accounts. She told me to hold because she was trying to figure things out. Then I get transferred to the really rude guy that helped me the first time. He starts telling me that it was a misunderstanding what I had been told from the girl, he wouldn't even let me talk which was really annoying. I told him I would use up my credits and will never shop from them again and he seemed happy about that.

aliceo3
7/30/13

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM very poor quality please do not buy from them!!!!

christinab12
7/18/13

OMG....I had no idea these pieces of tin were going to arrive at my door in boxes, prettier than the "jewels" themselves. I bought a few " pieces" before the first train wreck of rust arrived. So...I cancelled. Huh. Only to be greeted in half an hour with more "come hither" emails, peddling this trash. I replied threatening the BBB ( they also charged me DOUBLE for a piece listed at their famous "29.99") and got no response...other than MORE soliciting email. This is beyond nerve, it is pathological.

eleanorj
7/8/13

Like many of the other reviewers, I experienced complete DISSATISFACTION with this company & from the very beginning! First of all, the $29.99 fee IS HIDDEN & is not located in a viewable place on their page. The customer service reps are unintelligent, to say the least. I love to shop and seldom do I have a bad word to say about a company...but this company is not worth the hassle.

autumnk1
7/8/13

HORRIBLE SCAM! Stay away, or if you are already a victim, file a report with the BBB! They scam you into signing up for a $29.99 fee each month by burying it in a lengthy "Terms & Conditions" section. Then, when you call, it takes forever to get through, the customer service reps are rude, and they try to tell you that you have a " "credit" to shop on their site, when in reality, all they have done is steal $29.99 from you and placed it in your account on their website. SCAM ARTISTS!

ja10209
7/8/13

I also was charged the 29.99 repeatedly for the "bubblegum machine jewelry", I wore my necklace once and it turned not to mention the flimsy chain, my 7 year old could've made a better necklace. Then when I call to complain I am reassured that it is taken care of no more charges blah blah blah just use my last credit, fine, well when you use the credit it reactivates your account which was my concern, but he reassured me that it wouldn't happen...YEA RIGHT, so the "Credit" was used and then I was also charged for the item that was supposed to be a credit, then I look at my bank stmt and low and behold another 2 months of charges. TOTAL SCAM DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE, you will get better jewelry from the rack at Wal-Mart. FURIOUS!

amyn10
6/24/13

Like everyone else, I was unknowingly signed up to be charged every month. I disputed the charges in the beginning of May. They continued to charge me for June and in July they told me they deactivated the auto billing AFTER they had already charged me again. What a scam. I've asked for a full refund TO MY CREDIT CARD, not a credit to jewelmint. If they don't respond in a few days and provide the refund I am calling my credit card company.

debrae3
6/13/13

Total Scam - responded to a promotion and bought a piece of jewelry. However, they began charging my credit card $29.99 a month without my knowledge. My husband had been paying the bills and he never told me about these charges because he thought I was purchasing from them. I ended up with 4 months of charges that I didn't want or know about - Avoid them at all costs!!

danijelas
5/31/13

I was completely taken by surprise when i started getting charged a subscription of $29.99 every month without any awareness or approval. I made 2 purchases and they automatically enrolled me in the subscription. When I called and asked where exactly I was informed about the subscription, I was told in the shopping cart below all of the billing and shipping information after the "purchase" button. Absolutely ridiculous and deceitful. After I called and complained with reluctance they said they would refund my money and they seemed excited to say that I'm no longer a member and that my credit card would be blocked. I couldn't believe the nerve. What a scam. I'm glad to know the truth and to be free of this shady business. I will inform all of the friends to whom I recommended the site.

wz2
5/27/13

This site is a scam. Big "Sign up for free" on front page but ended up charging me monthly fee after one purchase. I was not informed that it was a membership program, I was NOT informed by email or mail each time they charge me, until I saw that I have membership credit... Luckily I have an awesome credit card company that disputed charges. This is a dishonest business and unethical conduct. BEWARE!

evak6
5/21/13

Like others, I purchased something after seeing a deal and was automatically subscribed to a monthly fee. I didn't realize it was happening for 2 months, and was forced to buy more for the extra 2 months' they charged my card.

The jewelry is OK, but sizing is wildly off. The first time, both the rings I got were too big; the second time I got 2 rings of the same size - one hardly fit on my ring finger, the others were almost too big for my largest finger. Avoid it!

micheleb22
5/13/13

The jewelry is cheap and sizes are not consistent. Customer service isn't great. You buy anything and you're automatically signed up for a monthly $29.99 membership (saved in your profile bank), unless you buy more jewelry each month or go in each month and skip the month... like I'm going to remember to do that every month.

I bought 4 rings all the same size and only two fit. I bought a bangle bracelet with not hook or latch and the hole for your hand was maybe 3 inches wide. I also found out, after the fact, that by purchasing anything that I signed up automatically for a $29.99 per month membership. I could avoid the charge by buying more jewelry or by 'skipping the month' on their website. So, I returned all the jewelry and asked for a refund and asked to be removed from their 'membership'. The return was no problem except you have to pay a restocking fee. However, the cancellation never happened and they charged me the next month. I then called back to ask for my refund and for my cancellation again. The customer service girl would hardly let me talk and kept repeating their policies over and over again and said the money was not refundable. I asked to speak to someone who could give me my refund and I did remember the last girl's name that I spoke with about the refund and cancellation. I was put on hold, thankfully not for long. Upon her return I was told I could get a refund and that it was a 'courtesy refund' and that they don't do refunds and she canceled my 'membership'. She said if I ever bought anything from them again then it would reactivate my 'membership'... Yea, you can forget that ever happening. Horrible experience.

pamt4
5/11/13

This site is a scam. No idea they would deduct from my bank account each month. Very difficult to cancel or even to opt out for the month. I think a class action lawsuit is in order. Also, quality of junk they sell is beyond poor. BEWARE.

laurenh5
4/26/13

TOTAL SCAM!

Item was shipped wayyyyyy after the date stated on the site and confirmation email.

Now Im stuck with a monthly membership fee I had no idea I was committing to. Misleading and deceptive site.

Total mess.

katherineg3
4/18/13

If I could give it zero stars I would.

I used to like Jewelmint until the quality of their pieces went down. I have been getting at least 1 item for the last 3 months and every time I had to return it because the quality of it was something I could've gotten at Forever 21. For $29.99, I would think they would have better quality pieces.

ALSO, HATE THEIR CREDIT REFUND POLICY! After 30 days, they will not issue a refund to you for your credit that you will not be using because you absolutely don't want any products from them AND after if you don't use your credits for a year they take your credits away because its "expired". Don't fall into this trap that I just found out now! When I made 3 returns, every one of their customer service reps told me something different, that "you can always get a refund on your credit when you no longer want to be a subscriber"... total BS

tamg
4/14/13

The site does NOT make it clear that it is a subscription service!!!
My first order was to have a discount BUT they emailed that information to me after I made my purchase. Have yet to get satisfaction.
Will be cancelling!!!!!

bonniec20
3/25/13

Jewelmint is a hit or miss in my opinion. I own at least 20-25 items of jewelry from them (which seems kind of crazy) and I'm always anticipating arrival as sometimes the product is slightly different than pictured on the site.

My main gripe with them is their INCONSISTENCY. Some of the items are immaculate quality - something I'd expect from a designer brand and some of it has been poor. I own lots of rings and I highly recommend purchasing rings from them if you find a style you like. My Jewelmint rings are some of my every day rings (one I've worn well over 200 times and it's still in perfect condition).

I highly recommend searching google for reviews as well as the Jewelmint Facebook page photos. Some users will post photos of the product they received which is hugely helpful as sometimes the photos on the site are misleading.

I recommend skipping every month until a good promotion comes along. I just got a promotion for 4 rings for $40. Great deal, as the quality is much better than the things you'd purchase at Forever 21 for $10.

I have never received broken items, but it does happen. I only once received a ring that wasn't assembled correctly, which was a bummer but I didn't return it.

I've never been charged after skipping a month.

Would I recommend? Yeah, but I only recommend if you score a good promotion. $30 is a little high for some of their items. Skip every month until you see something good.

lyndseym2
3/17/13

To be clear: I don't feel as if there was anything dishonest about my time as a Jewelmint member. It was always clear to me that it was a membership service and that I would incur monthly fees. My membership was cancelled on the same day I requested it to be cancelled. I called in and did not get a human, so I also sent an email, and received a prompt reply confirming that my membership had been cancelled. I was never charged again.

However, the jewelry I received was of such poor quality that even my two stars are generous, despite their customer service being satisfactory. Even the necklace I got at 50% off was not worth the $15 -- it broke after being worn once and I had to repair it myself. I expected the mock glass/stone bits to be some kind of artificial material, but not so obviously plastic. I didn't think it would be worth exchanging after reading the other reviews here. It looks very cheap and "costumey" and I only wear it as a statement piece at large parties/clubs where no one is going to spend long looking at it. It's unfortunate, because many of the pieces look to be well-designed, but the construction is of even lower quality than the stuff you could get for $8-10 at H&M, Charlotte Russe, Primark, or whatever your local cheap clothing shop is.

Keep away... unless you are super rich and also enjoy wearing super kitschy plastic jewelry?

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JewelMint staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/21/16
Add your answer
12/31/15
Add your answer
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the JewelMint staff and other customers.

JewelMint?