US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

margaretc56
7/21/15

BUYERS BEWARE. You can NOT make a one-time purchase from this company. They will AUTOMATICALLY ENROLL you into a membership program and they make it VERY DIFFICULT to cancel it.

Jewelmint has a very COMPLICATED AND CONFUSING BILLING STRUCTURE. Their customer service is difficult to deal with.

Why do customers have to chase Jewelmint down to ask for a refund - which btw they do not honor because of the "fine print". Why do they make their billing structure so confusing? - To scam money from their customers. I work in commerce myself so I do not understand how they expect customers to be loyal patrons of a company that do not believe in customer satisfaction?

I do NOT RECOMMEND JEWELMINT OR ANY OF THE MINT COMPANIES for anyone to purchase from. I usually do not like to post negative reviews on the company's facebook wall but it seems that calling customer service and live-chatting them produces no results.

ch10563
11/23/14

When I signed up for jeering it clearly stated their membership of $29.99 a month unless you skipped by the fifth of the month. I see other reviews stating differently, I don't see how as in the shopping cart stages it was included three places. I guess people do not read. They have just dropped the subscription price so even better. I have several pieces that get noticed. Nothing wrong in that.

Tip for consumers: Like anything always check delivery timing as some pieces are made to your order so they may take extra time for your personal piece.

jenniferd4
11/7/14

I was excited to join Jewelmint after reading about it in Lucky magazine. I think that there *is* a big hole in the market for nice, affordable, costume jewelry. But it baffles me as to why so many women are giving this site great reviews. The first pieces I ordered took almost three weeks to arrive. When I emailed customer service they said something about the warehouse being backed up. And when I finally received them (the trinity rings) were such poor quality for 30 bucks. They really looked like they'd come out of a CrackerJack box. I sent them back but never got a refund. When I contacted customer service they blamed the warehouse again. My second item, a bracelet, was better. But my third item, a pair of earrings, broke before I even wore them. Jewelmint gave me a credit for all of my troubles, but it's just not worth it. In my opinion the quality is poor, the selection is weird (not great designs) and the service is super slow.

brittam
11/4/14

Overpriced costume jewelry with the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with. Don't waste your money

christinaf3
10/31/14

I have nothing but good things to say about Jewelmint. I have bought at least a dozen, maybe more, pieces. There was only one I have had to return (only because the bracelet didn't fit my wrist). I called customer service, told her my issue and she said no problem. She even emailed me a Postage Paid address label. I mostly buy rings from them, and I get so many compliments whenever I wear a new one. It's definitely not a scam. The monthly $29.99 thing I get. Sometimes I don't find anything i want for that month so I simply set my alarm on my phone to go off on the 1st of the month to remind me to skip the month so they won't bill me. Never a problem. I don't know what all the complaints are about....

pats71
10/26/14

I wrote a review last year about the problem I had with being able to obtain a return mailing label from jewel mint. It finally was emailed to me and I was able to return the bracelet I had purchased. When a piece of jewelry is returned the money is not returned to you but held as a "credit." So then I had a $29.99 credit on my account. I checked periodically to see if there was anything I wanted. It took a while but I finally found a pair of earrings that were unusual enough to catch my eye. I ordered them, the credit was used and the site said it would take 3-4 weeks for the earrings to be mailed to me. I did get them much quicker than that and they are quite interesting and I know I'll enjoy wearing them.
The site has changed it's policy of charging a subscriber automatically if you don't cancel by the 5th of the month. I think there were so many complaints that the powers that be realized if they didn't do something they would lose many people. Not all the pieces are top quality. I have never ordered any of the surprise boxes...don't want to be surprised. So far I have been happy with what I've purchased but I doubt that I will order again unless something really fabulous turns up.
Customer service is so-so...having to wait 3-4 days to have a return label emailed to me is not acceptable so for that reason I gave jewel mint an OK rating...I think in this case of this website it should be "buyer beware." It's hard to tell what something looks like and if it will be good quality. I will say that some of the pieces are very unusual and that I like. But I doubt if I will be a customer in the future.

cherij3
9/26/14

What a ripoff I bought something from their site and ended up enrolled in some club.

They absolutely will not refund your money for their bogus "club"

Tip for consumers: YOU BUY YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY JOIN THEIR BULLS**T CLUB

karenp32
8/3/14

I went to cash it the $89 dollar credit you said I had and could not do so. I think I put 3 things for the order but itwouldnot do it... Any reason??????????????? chulla2222@yahoo.com

mc321
7/7/14

This is a scam. I have written to Glamour Magazine because I saw they had mentioned it in an article. JewelMint will deduct $29.99 / mo and claim you signed up as a member and are building up credit. It is not great jewelry. Any celeb backing it is crazy.

janeg12
3/14/14

I like others responded to an online ad. I did make a purchase yesterday; and only after placing the order did I realize something was funny about this site. I immediately contacted through live chat a rep to take me off so I don't get billed every month. It was just a whim that I made the purchase. I'll be better able to give a review if/when my merchandise arrives.

alfredl12
3/10/14

"Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!"

Yeah exactily. Their way of doing things is close to SCAM websites. You can't realize your going to get billed every month. Plus their customer service is a joke. Ie. a compilation of repeted pre-wrtten answers. It is bad.

juliaf9
3/8/14

Even though I don't think it was very apparent to me upon my registering with the site and making a purchase that I was enrolling in a membership, it quickly became evident that that was the case because I saw the bit about having to skip before the 6th of each month or I'd be charged for a credit. I'm even fairly sure that I tried to skip being charged at the beginning of the month after I made my first purchase with JewelMint, ShoeMint, and StyleMint, and received a message saying that I had to make a purchase at full price before I was considered a member, and so wasn't required to skip because I wasn't going to be charged for a credit anyway. My first purchases must have been sale items, and therefore they wouldn't make me eligible for automatic membership. My one complaint is that some goods they sell are of much better quality than others, and I ended up giving them a long break because I was tired of the quality being a gamble, but never did I feel like I was being taken for a ride. Never did they threaten me to stop skipping months or I'd get dropped as a customer or be in violation of their terms. I've been stuck with some crappy purchases from other retailers because I was hasty and didn't read all the fine print (or anything, ha ha) but I can't say the Mint companies have been shady. I wish they didn't require a Facebook account to review products because Facebook sucks, but whatever, they want to increase their promotion by linking everything through social media.

jillf9
3/6/14

Being a business owner myself, I seriously loathe seeing a company unfairly bashed. This website offers a service much like many other popular sites at the moment, Just Fab, Just fab kids, etc. It is a monthly subscription. The buy one get one free and 50 off offers etc. are promos for your first order and sign up. Upon your first purchase it clearly states you are enrolling in a monthly service, you have to check the box verifying that you agree to terms. It also states that you can skip a month, however you must choose to skip before a certain date. I have recently signed on with this site and have had no problems. I am a subscriber to many monthly boxes and subscriptions of this type and this one is pretty typical of the way they all work. I understand that not everyone participates in these services or understands the way they work. That said, unless you are illiterate, there is no way to suggest you were scammed or weren't aware of the terms. Not only is it stated when you order, but upon receiving your order confirmation email, it again plainly states that your first credit card purchase enrolls you in a monthly plan for $ 29.99 a month. I'm shocked at the negative reviews here and the amount of people who claim to have been scammed by something in plain print. Seriously people?

cj84
3/3/14

I wish I read the reviews first before I got lure in to sign up for their site. No where does it say I was going to be bill monthly $29.99 after I purchase an item. It was not clearly stated or displayed anywhere. That's pretty sad if this is the only way the company can make money is by scamming the public.

chelseah4
2/15/14

Initially I liked this website. The first piece I bought was a made to order gold and crystal piece and it is in great condition. However when receiving mystery boxes and other less expensive pieces everything was very cheaply made, gaudy, and just plain ugly. Additionally, when using the site to buy a pair of shoes- not sure why there were shoes on a jewelry website (no, I'm not mistaking it with shoemint)- they OVERSOLD the shoes and were not able to provide me with a pair because they sold more than they had. I have never had this happen before on any online shopping site and to be honest I was pretty unhappy with this. Yes they refunded me and then tried to keep me happy by giving me a $10 additional credit, but I canceled my membership anyways. Also having to skip every month is annoying. I'm not going back.

stephanieg16
2/12/14

I wish I had read this site before I ordered from Jewelmint...what a $#*!ing scam. Lost 29.99 per month for 4 months before I realized what happened. I had to cancel my credit card so they could not charge me plus they had my email address wrong so I am unable to use my "credits". This will teach me to order online.

coriandal
2/7/14

This site is shady!!! They essentially trick you into signing up for a "membership" if you purchase something (one of those "shoulda read the fine print" situations) and then blame you for not noticing that it "was clearly indicated in several places on the site that it was a $30/mo membership". well, jewelmint, I am a website designer - i design e-commerce websites, and I can tell you that if you have this many people complaining that you "scammed/tricked/ripped them off", then you have a serious design problem with how you're positioning your "service". it looked like a pretty straight forward e-commerce site when I purchased 2 necklaces...until I saw 2 additional charges for $60 on my bank statement. you either have the world's worst UX designer, or you're intentionally deceiving people in order to make more money. FIX IT.

mikek58
2/4/14

I, too, responded to a random email offer and ended up with a half-way decent necklace...and a "membership" I didn't know I had. Fast forward a few months, the site says I have $119.96 in "credits"...they're not "credits," that's just the amount you pulled off my credit card!!! LOL

I spoke to a customer rep & was told that I could not get a refund, but in the future I should be sure to opt out of my monthly payment by the 5th of each month.

Yea...avoid this shady set-up like the plague.

tracyl24
1/17/14

I decided to try one of their "mystery boxes" for $29.99 and after I made the purchase, realized I was now in it for a monthly commitment for $29.99 whether or not I made a purchase. I emailed and canceled my membership straight away and asked a verification email be sent to me and it was. I was still excited to get my box, but when it came I was very disappointed in the jewelry. I received 2 necklaces and 3 bracelets. None of them were remotely doable with my wardrobe, personality, or style. They are going to Goodwill and I am out $29.99, but I knew it was a risk.

kellyg23
1/9/14

Like so many others I had no idea I was being signed up for some sort of weird membership. I had an online coupon and bought a watch. It's a cheap watch but cute. Well then I keep seeing charges on my credit card. They emails that I got kept saying I had a "$29.99 Credit" to use that month. Um no they charged me $29.99 of my own money. I have called my credit card company and reached out to the company by email (they are not available by phone or chat at this hour.) I am livid and complained to the company that sent me the online offer.

chriss154
12/25/13

Jewelmint is an online jewelry store. So far, it's been of good quality at a fair price, and the customer service is pretty good. The down side? You have to pay a $30 fee every month, which you can use as credit, but if you don't buy from their "costume store", they charge you a fee.

cameronc18
12/13/13

If I could have given this review no stars I would have. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY A DAMN THING FROM THESE PEOPLE. It is a huge scam. I ordered earrings from here over a month ago and I still having gotten them. But just by ordering I was automatically enrolled in a subscription that allows them to take $30 from me a month. So not only do I not have the earrings, I'm out $30. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

as1428
12/11/13

THE WORST. They didn't have enough product to fulfill my first order in February, then randomly started charging me without notifying me (OR SENDING ME ANYTHING). One of the most fraudulent companies I've dealt with since I can remember.

ardisl
12/11/13

I also got snookered into their scam. I didn't discover the auto charges on my credit card until they had posted 2x. I called immediately, had a long wait on hold, and told them I wanted both charges credited back to my card. I will wait a couple of days and check my statement again. It would not surprise me if I had to call and rant again.
Fool me once....................

christinel8
12/10/13

Buyer beware! I believe they were deceptive in getting me to sign up and charge the monthly fee. The site is confusing. They lure you in to buy the first product on special, not knowing you are now a "member" and charged a monthly fee of 29.99. It was difficult to cancel. Long hold times, coultn't get through on the phone. Finally got through online. It's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JewelMint staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/21/16
Add your answer
12/31/15
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the JewelMint staff and other customers.

Similar Pages