US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

paulk36
7/11/13

Dress delivered was not the dress pictured on web site (knock-off). Poor materials and poor workmanship. Company refused refund. Offered 15% credit to our account that was never posted. I am contesting charge through my credit card company. JenJen House knows customers have no options since they are located in China.

suzic
7/11/13

I placed an order for shoes, did receive the shoes, BUT, the shoes are poor quality. I contacted them and requested a refund and return authorization form.
All I got back was Sorry to hear that but most of our shoes has no hard sole. Please be kindly noted for it. If you have a concern, you can buy soles at your local place or wear socks when wear the shoes. Hope this suggestion can help you
YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! These are high heels, WEAR SOCKS?!?!? Spend more money to fix the shoes?!?!?!?! And Yes, I have kindly made note of the quality of your shoes!!! Very poor customer service, And apparently I am NOT getting a refund. EXTREMELY dissatisfied!!!

tanyelif
7/6/13

I ordered a dress, but made investigations after ordering, realized what a scam they are. Requested refund, they responded claiming that I requested cancelations 24 hours after, that i would be entitled to 80% cost of dress + shipping. This was a month ago, and till today no refund. I opened a case in paypal, like a week after the order. They send the same message, that I will receive 80% of the cost, etc. Today I received a message from them, stating that when I remove the case from paypal, they'll gave me a refund. Seriously, If i remove the case, and they decide not to pay me, I won't get my money. As another reviewer stated, they don't even deserve one star.

tativ
7/6/13

I am so glad I read these reviews before buying anything. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM JENJENHOUSE.COM!!!

carolm40
6/12/13

I would not even give them a star if I could get away with it. I ordered my wedding dress from this site. What a nightmare! What I received was a very poorly made version of the dress advertised on their website. Forget the fact that it is poor fabric quality and that it barely looks like what I ordered here are the major issues:

1) The lace bunches on my left hip like it was sewn improperly. So it looks like I have a huge lump on my hip
2) The wait sits very low on my natural waist rather higher as an empire waist should sit. I mean really it's bad.
3) The dress I ordered has buttons on the back and there are none on the one I received which is one of the main reasons I wanted "that dress". Silly me thinking I would get what I ordered.
4) The lace is poor quality - and in no way resembles the dress advertised.
5) The Sash (or Waist) bead work awful and looks nothing like the dress pictured on your website.
6) The dress advertised on the website shows two completely different types of lace (top different from the bottom) the dress I received is the same all over all over.
7) The Lace is frayed in several places on the sleeves and bodice.
8)The sewing is such poor quality. the back above the zipper does not line up with you zip it.
9)The lace is waded up with excess sticking out where the outer lace was sewn to the lining.

In spite of their Return Policy stating that "I can return the dress due to imperfections, poor quality or I am just not satisfied" they are refusing my return. I am now forced to purchase another dress and I guess throw this one in the trash. I am just livid.

tracies
6/9/13

I only wish I had found this site before I ordered my dress from JenJenHouse! It took forever to get my dress, and once it was finally delivered, it was left at my front door. Apparently their policy is "No Signature Required". I don't live in the best neighborhood, and my dress went missing. I have been corresponding with JenJenHouse and UPS to get a refund. Both are unwilling to help! Horrible customer service!

es482
5/23/13

This site is TERRIBLE!!! I ordered a dress, ended up paying $200 for it (that includes the $20 shipping and handling) and when my dress came I HATED it!! The sizing was fine but the quality of the dress was so bulky, heavy and cheap feeling. It was certainly not $200 quality. The embellishments on the dress did not look at all like the photo (very cheap) and the thread popped in certain places. The split on the dress was noticeably uneven. I contacted them to complain and ask for a refund (since the website said that they don't do refunds for sizing and this was not a sizing issue). They gave me the run around, told me to get the dress fixed by a tailor and I had to keep emailing them back with more complaints to justify my refund request. Why should I pay money for a dress and then have to take it to a tailor for major alterations?? They wanted to offer me 15% as a refund, REALLY?!?! I had to eventually work up to 40% and then they basically told me that if I didn't accept that I could send the dress back for a full refund BUT their quality control would determine if the dress was refundable and if not I'd be out of a dress and money. Their QC department cleared a poor quality dress in the first place. Everyone who contacted me either had the last name WANG or SUN...I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER purchase anything form them again and I advise you to do the same. This was a complete hassle and scam and I buy things online frequently.

lindae13
5/6/13

The dress I ordered fit ok, except for in the shoulders -- they were wide enough that I could wear my son's shoulder pads under the dress! The dress weighed a TON, was very uncomfortable to wear. The company was terrible to work with and would not let me return it. They advertise good customer service... not true! All they want is your money. If you don't like the dress or if it doesn't fit, well that's your problem. DON"T order from jenjenhouse.

cynthiaf1
4/26/13

My experience with this company was terrible. These people are scam artist. They need to be removed from all websites!

lykkes
4/20/13

I ordered a sleeved dress with details in tulle and received a crumbled, carelessly layered mess that I will have to fit again using a tailor. The overall fit is all right (and it should be as it was custom made) is a bit too loose, but the sleeves are large enough for two sets of arms and are supposed to be tight. There was no option where I could give my arm measurements when ordering, which I'm very disappointed about. The support in the bodice is made using some sort of foam, which does not handle shipping well. It's creased and crumbled and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to correct that.

In its current state its completely unfit for wearing in public.

I will have to re-fit the tulle as it's carelessly sewn into place with fishing wire, and the sleeves will need a trimming due to previously stated problem (and I do not find this acceptable at all seeing as I paid extra to have it custom fit!!!).
I also found that the tulle is very see-through compared to the picture on their website, and nowhere did it state that I would have to pay almost 40% of the dress' value in extra taxes due to customs because it would be shipped from China!

Apart from the weird fitting it would have been an acceptable experience. The dress was here 10 days before time and the support in the bust is rather good. If JenJenHouse would be so kind as to post the missing information on their website in the future so that other costumers will have a more pleasant experience, I would be thankful.

If I had had to pay half the price I would have no complaints, but I've been shipped a dress that I have to finish myself! I won't be buying from this company again. I'd rather sew it myself.

morganl3
4/12/13

First of all I just wanna thank the good Lord, because the day before my order was suppose to arrive I had read really bad reviews on ordering from here. I ordered a prom dress. People were saying that there dresses were to big they looked cheap. A girl from my class said hers had black spots all on it and she had to send hers off to get it fixed. I live in Mississippi and ordered on the 28th of march an told them my event date was on the 12th and it came the day of.!! Just so happened my event wasn't until the 27th of April so if I needed any alterations I would have time..I prayed from the moment I found out people were having trouble with there dresses all the way until it arrive at my front door and I opened it..besides it being to long its a pretty good dress for the price. If u wanna try your luck with a leap of faith take a shot and order. Or if u wanna b a little cheap like me but for one night I want complain

aliciac9
4/9/13

UNLESS YOU LIKE TO GAMBLE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! I purchased this dress online to wear to a military ball. After receiving the dress in the mail and trying it on I noticed the sewing on the dress was very poor, and the top bustier stuck out straight due to poor quality, and extra fabric. I contacted jenjenhouse within their 7 day period to try to reach a resolution. When I received a response to my email the representative advised me the dress was fine and it just needed to lay flat after being shipped. I explained to the seller that this dress is not designed according to the shape of the dress. The cups of the dress are not in line with the body of the dress, and the seam down the side is very ragged and bunched together as if someone took a larger dress, and sewed it smaller within minutes. They denied my request to return the dress and offered a 15% refund if I would keep the dress. According to their guarantee they promise to make good quality dresses, and meet the demand of their customers, and they have not. I paid $166 for a dress that I cannot wear due to it not being sewn together properly. Per their return policy, and website states, I contacted them regarding my issue within the 7 day period, I should be able to return my item as their policy allows. If you are able to take a risk and try your luck at ordering from them then go for it, otherwise go with a reputable company that provides customer service to save the headache. ***One thing to take note on with any and all of the bad reviews is that they give the same response "Our after sale team with reach out to you" that is their way of dodging responsibility. They make cheap, poor quality dresses, and nothing can be done if you are not satisfied with it, but since that is a bad sales ploy, it's not listed on their website. I'm glad I experienced their service before I ordered my bridesmaid dresses. NEVER AGAIN.

simonel6
3/18/13

I personally got ripped off by this site. the dress I ordered was nothing like the picture and falling apart - Stay away! I would love to meet others that have been in this same situation in Australia.

lorir7
12/5/12

The website is extremely vague about returns andhttp://j.mp/jjen I havnt received a reply from the email I sent on the 2nd November

lorrainew7
11/20/12

I have to agree with the other bad reviews. I ordered 2 pearl pink flower girl dresses from them and they are 2 different colors. When I complainted to customer services they tried to say its because I ordered them at different times. I explained to them the color on their swatch card (which you have purchase) is not near the color they sent me and in fact it looks like they sent me a pink dress and a pearl pink dress. They finally admitted it was their fault and would refund my money and make me a new dress. I declined. I don't want anymore dealings with this company ever again!
I also ordered a wedding dress which I wanted in pearl pink I email them first and asked if I could have the dress in pearl pink and they replied, "yes". I ordered the dress in pearl pink and it came to me in pink. After I emailed them they said they would refund my money and to send the dress back and they would make it in pearl pink. It cost me $30 to send the dress back, I reordered it and they replied the dress could not be made in pearl pink. I was livid!. I received the dress remade for me and this one was very poorly made. I took it a seamtress and she made it beautiful! Do NOT order from the web-site.

paulinan
10/4/12

When I bought the dress for my homecoming, there was a different picture uploaded of a dress similar to the dress now up; I wanted a dress closer to the first picture uploaded NOT the picture now. They changed the picture of the dress after my dress was already purchased. It gets worst! The dress I got does not near have the quality of the dress in either of the pictures uploaded. I spent a lot of money for this and got a dress probably on worth half the value because everything looked hastily sew on. ALSO, I ordered a customized sized because I tend to be smaller than the normal small but the measurements did NOT follow the ones I sent them, so the dress looks like it drowns me now. I was actually excited to wear this for homecoming before I saw the actual dress.... :( (Edit: AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT CONTACTED ME) Tell people about this if they are considering buying

michelleo2
9/3/12

Horid to deal,with, my garment is not what I wanted, they refuse to assist....When you open a ticket they close it so you cannot persuade the return.....They ask for photos but block the area to upload!!!!!!

melissab16
7/27/12

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

This site is the reason people say buyer beware. I ordered a chiffon tea length (just past the knees) dress and received this hideous dress that was made from fabric you'd make curtains out of-not chiffon and the dress went to my ankles and I'm 5'7" so it's not like I'm short and they can use that as an excuse to why the length was wrong. The design seemed off, it looked like a cheap knock off of what they had pictured and described when I bought it. The seams weren't inline, there was like an inch and a half of fabric tucked into each side, the dress looked like it had already been altered before I got it. There were no tags, not even sewn in ones, which is very suspicious, if it was a designer they tend to like to take credit for their work. So it was obviously a used knock off dress that they didn't even bother to get the right fabric for.

Then when trying to return it, their return guidelines say I should be able to get a full refund back including shipping since they shipped me the wrong dress. They wouldn't even deal with me until I got PayPal involved. Then they offered me $45 when I payed $110. PayPal said I could get a full refund back, I just got to ship it back----fine I DON'T WANT IT!!! One big problem, they're located in Hong Kong and the cheapest I found to ship it was $98. So PayPal told me to wait and they'd ask JenJenHouse to make a better offer. So they offered me $46. They are SCAM ARTISTS!!!!!!! DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!!

I also reviewed the dress on their site, gave them 1 star and wrote an honest clean opinion on the dress-terrible and poorly made. They first published the review but published it with 5 stars---uhhh NO!!! then a few days later they deleted it altogether. Those reviews of the dresses are all fake! It is a bit suspicious that EVERYONE would give them 5 stars, every single dress? Not a 4 star anywhere? Also their "sale" keeps recycling and starting over again, just a way to lure you in and make you feel like you should purchase right away. I had to order this as a bridesmaid dress so didn't research much cause everyone assumed someone else did, so they scammed a good group of us with the same horrible dress.

lovef1
6/6/12

Got my wedding dress from this website, I was very disappointed. Its not the same as on their website. the lace and the pattern are total different, the dress was about 5-10 inches longer than the measurement that I gave them, and the material was very thin, is nothing like the dresses in the wedding shop. But by saying all that, I couldnt say it is the worst(it just not as promising as the photo), for the price they ask for, I shouldnt expect much really. I paid about £220 (including delivery&import tax). The dress was actually ok if you are having low key wedding,dont want to spend so much or not very fussy with the dress, but if you like me , want something amazing and special then thats not the place. If you do order from the website, I personally wont suggest get anything with lace, the lace they use is horrible but satin is ok.

stephm5
6/5/12

Don't buy from jjshouse or their site Jenjenhouse.com. Its a scam, where they take your money, sent you a cheaply made, dress that would cost less than $50 and then not even reply when you ask for a refund! Ordered my formal dress, and now I feel completely stupid for actually believing this. Just don't risk it.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JenJenHouse staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/11/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
9/5/12
Answer
celinam
A: The website they are scamming off of is JJ's House, http://www.jjshouse.com/. I'm sure the dresses could be found there.
2/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the JenJenHouse staff and other customers.

7 Photos for JenJenHouse