US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

seanm103
3/28/16

My fiance and I are busy people. Her dress was delivered and we couldn't get to the packag for a few days. Then, we found that their return policy was such that you had very little time to request a return number. We were sent a dress that was not accurate to the photos on the site, and are now told by Jenny Foley, "Too bad, so sad." Read the fine print with these people because they are trapping folks into paying for dresses and not letting you return them. We will be headed to our bank to request a reverse payment to get our money back and file a fraud claim.

adelaidel3
3/22/16

I ordered two wedding dresses (4yrs ago) one was a ivory satin beach wedding dress, the other white satin ornate fitted dtess. We did them custom made and were a perfect fit on each of the brides. The material was excellent, duchess satin, with lovely under skirting. Very impressed, so much so, looking to order another one for a wedding in Sept. Also, ordered a flower dress for 12yr old, in ivory satin, which was beautiful with a lovely full skirt. My grandaughter was thrilled to wear it.

jenb42
1/17/16

Wedding date 10/10- I ordered my custom dress, already having another that I wasn't thrilled with. It was delivered before I expected and I was thrilled! I tried it on for my mother and aunts and there were tears!!! What else can I say? It fit as though it had been shaped to my body! I didn't have to alter a thing! I've seen bad reviews by some people on here but my experience was fantastic!! I was actually trying to post pictures of the dress but this site won't let me. I do NOT work for the company, either. I was married on the beach in North Carolina and live in KY now. I'm just a happy customer.

carap6
12/18/15

Like you I scoured the internet for reviews on this site, trying to convince myself that it would be possible to get a beautiful wedding dress for just $250. By the time I ordered my Chiffon Beach Wedding Dress BC952, I was really apprehensive about whether the dress would be usable. Reviews are so conflicting! I ordered on November 30 and the dress was delivered ahead of schedule on December 15 to Australia.

The dress is extremely high quality, with lining and an in-built bra so that there is no need to wear one. It was made exactly to my measurements and they followed the custom alterations request (no train). The embellishments on the dress were slightly different to the images, for example the belt was less embellished and less silver and same with the sleeves, however I preferred the sleeves and back the way they made it compared to the pictures! I don't like the belt as much but it is still very nice and you can see the quality n the hand-sewn beading. Overall I was really happy and feel like it is worth well over the $250 I paid for it. Definitely exceeded my expectations and I would 100% buy from inweddingdress.com again. I had already purchased a back-up dress from Forever New (more casual) and went and returned it today :)

Like other reviewers I think the less complicated/ornate your dress is, the more chance you have of being delighted versus disappointed. You also have to be prepared that the dress may not be 100% replica of the image given you are paying much less.

Overall I am really impressed. Take the chance and if you get the same person making your dress as I did (or someone equally as good), you won't be disappointed!

angelaw55
12/9/15

The dresses are super fine. Transaction was effortless and dress is well tailored, details are as in the picture and delivery was very quick. All the items i purchased were received and in good shape. Looking forward to the Day!!!
Thank you! I am purchasing from you again. Keep up the professionalism.

katheriner13
12/9/15

I ordered a wedding gown from this site and the gown is exquisite! I paid the small extra fee to have the gown made to my measurements and it fits like a glove. I will not have to have any alterations done to it. The workmanship is great, much higher quality than I expected for the price. And the gown has extensive beading and lace.
By the way my daughter, who is the only one who has seen it, says it is beautiful on me. I can't wait to wear it as I walk down the aisle to the man I still love!

jayp56
12/3/15

I ordered a custom fit wedding dress. I am 5 months pregnant and was so worried it wouldn't fit..but it does!! After reading some negative reviews really panicked but this small parcel arrived and out came the most beautiful dress...so so pleased. ..and relieved! I payed £300 for a dress that could be triple that!
Also did a rush order and came even earlier than expected

katiep22
9/24/15

This company is in China. They wouldn't allow me to return my dress because I ordered a custom color, but that was the main problem. It was not the color I ordered. They offered me $10 off another order. As though I would be dumb enough to dump more of my money on a different dress! On top of that the dress did not look like photo. The site is a scam. Do not order!

heatherh42
9/14/15

I ordered a dress for my daughter for my wedding and it had a rhinestone belt which came rusted!!!! Since it was a custom order they will not give me my money back. I get the custom order thing but seriously when it comes with rust on it??? All I was offered was the stupid $20 off coupon. I don't have time to order another one and I don't have another $200 to spend to fix their horrible product. They no longer will respond to my emails because they told me they took pictures of the dress before it shipped and I asked to see them. Horrible customer service!!!!

cherylc37
9/11/15

First I ordered two dress that were poorly made. Returning is a nightmare. You end up losing 1/2 the money you paid when you return for a refund. NEVER ORDER FROM INWEDDINGDRESS!!! When it sounds and looks like a great deal. IT ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!

maggiew11
8/15/15

I ordered a dress for my destination wedding in Italy. I was nervous about ordering online and tried to research best I could. I couldn't have asked for a better experience purchasing through InWeddingDress.com. The dress arrived actually much more beautiful than I could have expected, and when I went to get it hemmed (I purposely ordered a little bit larger, just in case), the seamstress told me the dress would have cost 4x the price had I purchased it locally. The dress really is just stunning; my friends are astonished that I could have gotten this online. More importantly, their customer service was great - it made the whole process seamless and they were very accommodating. When I needed my shipping address changed AFTER I placed the order, they were able to work their magic and re-route it for me. They even followed up with me afterwards to ensure its safe delivery!

Thank you InWeddingDress for making this so easy. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

wendym38
8/9/15

DO NOT use this company for any wedding decisions what so ever! What they sell is not as advertised. I bought a wedding dress & had it altered to my measurement. It was delivered two sizes too big. When I asked for a full refund they refused.

nicolef26
7/17/15

So I thoroughly went through this site before ordering, even emailed them specifically asking about return policy- they just referred me back to the site. Thought I had it all down. The 30% restocking fee should be UP FRONT on the website. I am in the wedding industry ( photographer ) and thats the first thing on my contract. The deposit is nonrefundable. They hide this tidbit of info way past reading on the website. The dress they mailed me was not what was pictured on the site. It wasn't lace on the top, it was some weird sewn back and forth pattern to make it look like lace. I got professionally measured - as someone on their site said worked well for them. The dress came- not when requested. I specially called the delivery company and asked it to be delivered on Friday ( I was out of town ) and they left it on my porch wed morning. The dress didn't fit. Usually an A line dress is flattering on most figures. I am 5'5" and a size 8, wedding dresses are a totally different sizing so I ordered a 12 as per my measurements. The dress barley zippered and then the top "lace" part was huge. The A line stuck out after the bust line and made me look wide- ok so its ugly. I should have known. so I go to return it. Not only do I have to pay for shipping again and that god awful 30% restocking fee. They are charging me for the shipping the first time- that I was charged for. and then this was in the email they sent me

" 1 Reorder. If you keep the dress without return and reorder online, you are gifted a $20 dollar-off discount coupon towards your next order. If you are using this service, we will also apply free rush order service to get the new order shipped out in 10 days. It will save time and cost for you, and we sincerely hope you’ll consider this solution.

Regarding the high international delivery expense and the loss incurred of the return, we sincerely recommend you to consider keeping the dress or thinking of reselling the it online such as http://www.recycledbride.com/sell

This is why I EMAILED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GOT NO REAL RESPONSE! I will only be refunded 1/2 the price of the dress after being nickel-ed and dimed to death with the return. Lots of other sites include the return cause your purchasing something ONLINE that you can't try on.

Wishing I saw these reviews before purchasing. A MAJORITY of them are bad. Meanwhile they don't put any real reviews on their site. Going to try and get my CC company to only refund a partial for being lied to.

rochelleo1
7/16/15

Beautiful in every way! I ordered custom fit, and it fits beautifully. A little big in the waist, but I think that's because I've lost weight. Love how it flows. There is only one little negative, a small light spot is on the belt. Anyway, shipping was really fast. Thank you!

gilliano2
7/15/15

Wow! I was so surprised and so happy with my dress from InWeddingDress.com. The wedding gown was beautiful and just as high quality as any of the 1-2k dresses I tried on at Davids bridal. I know they are in China, but don't hold that against them. My dress arrived on time, the customer support people were very nice about all my questions and with a little faith this site saved me over $1200 on basically the same dress I was about to buy from DB. I wish I had bought my bridesmaids dresses there as well.... don't even get me started on the story.

Tip for consumers: Use their chat support, they are very nice.

stephanier33
7/7/15

This was our first time ordering from Inweddingdress, but we have loved the dress as well as our experience with the company. The dresses are amazingly tailored and the prices are just right. My daughter stood out on her homecoming night she received comment after comment from teachers and students alike. We have since ordered 3 more dresses, modest dresses are hard to find for my 5'10" daughter. but we always have a hard time choosing from the beautiful selections here!

elizabethp51
6/27/15

Ordered a swatch to make sure it was the right color I want before I placed my order on this site. I also had a dressmaker friend measured my bridesmaids then ordered 6 dresses totally. They all arrived yesterday, I changed the dresses from strapless to halter neck - it
was brilliant. Great quality fabric, perfect fit, absolutely gorgeous embroidery & beading. I ordered them 9 months before the wedding so I had time just in case. I also requested extra fabric to get bow ties made locally for my groomsmen.

rebekahn2
6/19/15

I was VERY dubious about ordering from this site, I'd read lots of mixed reviews. My wedding is not a formal affair and I wanted a wedding dress that would suit the occasion. After a lot of hum's and ha's I finally made my order; I paid the extra few pounds to have my dress custom made. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase, the material was fabulous and the fit was great! I'm looking forward to my wedding. Thank You:-) x

jenniferp60
6/8/15

My mum bought a dress to wear at my wedding, it is very beautiful, the workmanship and quality of the material is great.
It has gorgeous beading and the fabric is heavy and lush. The only thing to be prepared for is the train to be much longer than pictured. It wasn't an issue for my mum though as she has yet to buy shoes, then will get it re-hemmed.

I bought my wedding dress here and it is of the same quality, will now be getting the bridesmaids dresses as well.

jennyt16
5/19/15

I'm a plus sized bride getting married on the beach with a small budget. I tried on dresses at a local shop and didn't find anything that I really liked so I decided to give this a try. I ordered the Summer Lace Wedding Dress BC007. I opted for the custom size hoping that it would fit me better. I also ordered the matching jacket. I was so nervous about ordering my wedding dress this way. My dress arrived quickly, I was a bit disappointed to find out that it was made in China, but really I kind of suspected it would be even though it does not say anywhere on the site. At first my stomach dropped because my package was a 10x12 inch mailing envelope. No box to be found. It was folded in a garment bag inside the mailing envelope. I pulled it out and was VERY pleasently surprised. My dress is way better than I could have hoped. The all over lace is gorgeous, the lace trim is perfect. It feels well made and fits me wonderfully ( it is a bit big in the bust but I am nursing so I attribute it to that, I really think it was made to the measurements I gave them) my jacket fits better than anything I have ever put on. I searched and the only flaw that I found was that the eye hook at the top of the zipper has no loop, so it actually doesn't hook onto anything but that is a small thing. I'm sure my dress isn't comperable to a high end dress but since I've never been close enough to one to know, I don't really care. For $300 I have a wedding dress that I love and I'm perfectly happy with that.

katem45
5/18/15

Do NOT use this company... They will not give you a return on your order. I never even got my order... I cancelled it and lost 1/3 of my payment! Terrible business model. I paid $311 and only got $200 back... How is that right when I didn't even get the product???

kellyo8
4/7/15

DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I purchased a maid of honor dress from inwedding dress in March. I had my measurements taken professionally by a tailor and chose the custom made option with inwedding dress. When the dress arrived it came directly from China, smelled terrible and didn't fit AT ALL. I couldn't even zip it. It was also very poorly made, cheap, didn't look at all like the picture on the website and was made of polyester even though it was advertised as chiffon. Worst yet they won't let me return it even though they have a policy that says if a custom dress is off by an inch it can be returned. I followed all the custom dress return instructions and they kept saying I had measured wrong over and over which wasn't true. Finally I contacted my credit card company who said I had to first return the dress. There is no return address listed anywhere on the website and they ignored my request for an address so I just returned it to the province in China that was on the return address of the package it came in. Cost me $20 to return and I don't know the outcome of the credit card dispute yet.

tanyah10
4/7/15

I searched and searched for the perfect wedding gown and thought I found it on this site. I was so excited when I ordered it and couldn't wait for it to arrive. There were no updates on the website so I emailed to find out when my order would arrive. I received a reply that they would get back to me with a tracking number. They didn't. I was out of work sick with the flu for a week and the dress was delivered in that time. I was not notified. When I finally got back to work it was already past their "5 business day" return period. I took the dress home so excited to finally try it on. I was disappointed to find the dress folded into a small package and wrinkled beyond belief! But, the worst part was when I put it on and I could have fit another person in it with me! The dress was huge. I don't know if it's possible to alter something this ill-fitting but it can't be cheap. Not to mention, I'm out of time. So, I emailed the company to find out about returning it and they told me that it was past the deadline and I was welcome to buy another dress and they would give me like $10 off. Are you kidding me?!? It was bad enough I was going to suffer the 30% restocking fee for their bad sizing, now I'm getting nothing and I don't feel like I can sell the dress because I don't know what size to advertise it as. Oh! And the "customer service" person told me that wedding attire is always sized differently. Well, guess what. I went to David's Bridal and my size fit perfectly. No alterations required. I did try a second time to appeal to them about my illness and the fact that they didn't send me the tracking number as promised. Of course, no reply. I am a huge online shopper and I am always very careful. I let the dress cloud my judgement on this one.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it! You won't get what you think you're getting.

deirdret
3/31/15

I found a dress I loved on inweddingdress.com when I was looking for style inspiration for my wedding gown. I shopped in many stores but could not find anything like this dress. I was really nervous about ordering a dress online like this, but figured for the low price of ~$290 I could take a chance. I ordered it on 2/25/15 and it arrived on 3/30/15. I am so thrilled to say the dress is beautiful. I need to get alterations to fit it to me better, because I chose not to do custom measurements as I wanted the option to return. However the fabric is beautiful - it has lace on top, chiffon skirt with satin skirt lining. The quality of the dress is really good - it seems both sturdy and light & flowy. I really don't see any imperfections. It's really lovely. I love it, I'm so happy I took a chance. When I get married in September I'll post a photo of the dress!

deirdres4
2/26/15

I got so many complements on my dress(style No. BC094). It was comfortable to wear all day and night. It looks much better in person than it did on the website and at $219 the quality was outstanding.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the InWeddingDress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/1/16
Add your answer
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the InWeddingDress staff and other customers.

12 Photos for InWeddingDress