Review of ideeli

New York, NY 10018, US
support@ideeli.com

juw7
2/9/15

Horrible customer service. In my first order I pay for a $400+ handbag and they mail me an entirely different one. I emailed to inform them and their automated response message says they're proud that they respond on average "4 business hours" and how you can expect a response the same day as a result. Several days later I receive absolutely no response. I will email again but not surprised if they ignore me again. How can they get away with running a business like this?! I saw all the bad reviews and wished I heeded the warnings before my order. I will file a formal complaint on the BBB website. Others with issues should do so as well because I have a hard time believing they deserve an "A+" rating given all the awful complaints about receiving the wrong item, lost packages, and generally bad customer service.

Update on 2/14/2015: Finally Ideel customer service contacted me but asked for photos as well as a description of the incorrect item received. Jason F also contacted me the same day through Sitejabber and I provided my info (to both reps) and asked to expedite sending me a return shipping label. I am still without a shipping label or response (from Jason or another Ideel customer service rep). The delay in receiving a response and therefore slow pace at which my issue is being resolved is incredibly frustrating as a consumer. I have never had this type of issue with other flash sites. I have attached photos of the product advertised on Ideel which is of a large Marc Jacobs over-the-should Bentley handbag. On the other hand, I have posted a photo of the product I actually received which is a much smaller Marc Jacobs cross-body bag (link here for reference: http://www.barneys.com/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Too-Hot-to-Handle-Top-Handle-Bag/00505026772134,default,pd.html?gclid=COmZoqO24sMCFUkV7AodkREAYQ). This is not the same bag and I feel like like someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. This has been a terrible shopping experience and don't feel like Ideel is making an effort at all to at least make it up to me by solving it quickly.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Ju,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm very sorry to hear you received a wrong item and will be happy to help you resolve it. If an incorrect item is ever received, we're happy to issue a return label for a full refund. While we hope this type of issue doesn't happen often it can happen from time to time but we will always issue a full refund. Unfortunately our volume is a little high right now which may be the reason for the delay in issuing you a return for a full refund.

If you can provide me with your order number and the description of the handbag you received, I'll be happy to provide you with the return label for a full refund back to form of payment. I look forward to hearing back from you and resolving this issue. Thanks so much for being a part of Ideel.

ludal
2/6/15

Would not reccoment this site to anyone. Very unprofessional. They rather loose a costomer than fix a problem. Will never shop there again neither my family and friends. Very dissapointed

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Luda,

Thanks for providing feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm sorry to hear that issues you had weren't resolved in a timely fashion. Our customer service team does the best they can to resolve issues as quickly as possible but there may have been certain limitations. I'm happy to help resolve what I can for you.

Please send me a message with your order information and the problems you've had. Once I have that information I'll be able to better speak to what they happened and resolve any outstanding issues. I look forward to your response and helping resolve this for you.

alanan2
2/5/15

Don't use this website to buy anything. You will never get any form of customer service or get your package on time.

katieb26
2/5/15

This is the absolute WORST customer service I have ever encountered.. Not worth it - there are plenty other sites similar to Ideel/Ideeli that offer excellent customer service and post sales assistance. This has been a HUGE 4 week headache ( and still going)

Jan 6th: I placed order to ship 2nd day air ( when I typed the address I was off by 1 digit..totally my fault) - I tried to work with UPS and Ideel to have them direct this to a local UPS station - but since Ideel took too long to get back , it was shipped back to their warehouse.

JAN 12th: - Order arrived at Ideel warehouse

JAN 13th: I contact Live Chat to ask them to ship this back out - since it was received yesterday. Was told they would escalate and try to get it out ASAP via 2nd day air.

JAN 14th: Contacted Live Chat .. was told this would take 3-5 business days ( explained this was being ' escalated' .. they advised this would not ship 2nd day

JAN 26th: Live Chat unavailable - emailed to check status of shipment ...

JAN 28th - Received response telling me they have not reshipped yet .. said they realized this was taking longer than expected and they could issue a refund instead if I would prefer.

JAN 29th: Received email that said Ideel has received my return items ( they actually arrive don 1/12) ... and a refund has been issued for the order... I responded immediately indicating this order should have been shipped back out to me ( NOT a return)

JAN 30th: Received email in response saying they have not received the order yet - but when they do, they have instructions to resend to me (?? email yesterday just indicated this was received and refunded)

FEB 2nd: Contacting Live Chat - explained what has been going on for the last 4 weeks... Nyla took my # to give to a manager.. No one has attempted to call yet.

FEB 5th: Contacted Live Chat - explained my situation again. Lothair ( who I spoke with at the start and told me this order would be shipped out once received).. He told me I would now have to reorder this product now. I told him there were instructions to reship - and I needed this to be shipped back out to me.. he said he would escalate and have someone email me ... Not holding my breath.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Katie,

Thanks for giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm really sorry to hear about this error that was made. I know that one of our Customer Service supervisors has reached out to help you resolve it. I hope that she's able to speak with you and help with these issues.

I looked into this and appreciate all of the details provided. It seems that there was a mix-up at our fulfillment center which caused this package to be returned instead of reshipped. The first agent you worked with did update the instructions for the boots to be reshipped to you but when the package came back, it seems that the returns team mistakenly refunded the item instead of reshipping it, as they were instructed to do. You were given a refund for the cost of the shoes back to your credit card. I've ensured that the remaining amount for taxes and shipping were refunded to you in the amount of $25.90. That refund should post to the credit card used for the order within 3 to 5 business days. I was also told that the supervisor you're working with has provided some courtesies to your account to try and make up for this unfortunate error on our end. I've also ensured you've been added to the top of the wait list for this item should it become available again.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this error has caused. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything further. Thanks so much for being a part of Ideel.

donf21
2/2/15

I placed an order for a comforter. It did not appear to be of the quality depicted in the picture. I attempted 6 times to contact customer service and have never had one response. I will never use the site again!

Tip for consumers: Don't use

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Don,

Thanks for writing your review and giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm really sorry to hear you don't like the comforter set you ordered and will be happy to look into assisting with a return. You can contact Customer Service via Live Chat for immediate assistance with an issue like this. They can be reached using this link: https://support.ideel.com/app/chat/chat_launch. From time to time there can be a delay in responding to emails but Live Chat agents should be able to help meet your needs.

I'd like to help you resolve this issue. Please provide me with the order number and name of the item you wish to return as well as the reason why you feel it's not as good quality. I'd like to share this with the merchandising team since member feedback is crucial to helping decide what items to sell. If you can also provide me with the email address used to contact us and let me know if you emailed or chatted, I'd like to find out why you were not responded to. I look forward to helping resolve this issue for you.

suzannew8
1/30/15

I bought a Prada bag from ideel.com. The item was exactly pictured on the Prada.com website for hundreds more. I was excited to get this great deal. Unfortunately I received the wrong item (something that looked as though it cost a few dollars). Customer service was actually pretty good, and they shipped me my item 2 day shipping without any further expense to me. They responded back timely when I had questions or concerns. When my Prada bag arrived, it was exactly as pictured, in excellent condition. Although I was very worried, everything turned out ok.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Suzanne,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback here on SiteJabber! I'm glad our team was able to turn this wrong item into a positive experience and send you the bag you originally purchased. I terribly sorry that this issue happened in the first place and have made it know to the management team at our fulfillment center.

If you need any further assistance I'll be happy to help you. I hop you're enjoying your new Prada handbag and I appreciate that you allowed us to resolve this issue. Thanks so much for shopping with us and for being a part of Ideel!

kimh80
1/29/15

HORRIBLE customer service, returned with their shipping label which arrived on January 23, 2015 at 11:53 and still no refund on January 29, 2015! Here is the Live Chat copied and pasted, she disconnected without allowing me to respond again! Next live chat wouldn't even respond even though I was connected. ABSURD!

Text Size: Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size
Jessica: Welcome to Ideel
Jessica: Hello Zack
Zack: Okay you have had the boots back since 1/23 I am sure that is enough time to refund me. I want a refund to my account so that I can use it PLEASE it has been more than enough time
Jessica: May I please have your order number to look into this for you
Zack: 01/16/2015
Jessica: One moment while I look into that fory ou
Jessica: *you
Zack:
Delivered On:
Friday, 01/23/2015 at 11:53 A.M.

Left At:
Dock

Signed By:
RED$#*!

Proof of Delivery

Jessica: Ok, Zack. It does take 3-5 business days following the day that we received your return, for it to process. Today is day four, so your credit should be available by the end of the day, tomorrow
Zack: This is absurd. I will never buy from your site again. CLEARLY the item is returned. Horrible customer service, I will write reviews everywhere. Never had an experience this bad on any other site.
Jessica: I do apologize for the inconvenience Zack. Is that all that I can assist you with today?
Zack: Should have checked reviews first, everyone says not to buy from your site that the customer service is terrible and so are the shipping...
Zack: You did not assist me Jessica
Jessica: I'm sorry that you feel this way
Jessica: do enjoy your evening
Jessica:
Thank you for using our Live Chat today! If you need any further assistance we have a few different options for you. Our FAQ contains lots of helpful information on a variety of issues. Of course, you can always log back into Live Chat, send us an inquiry on the site or email us at support@ideel.com. Thanks for being a part of ideel, we hope to see you on the site again soon!

Jessica has disconnected.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Another order I placed in December still hasn't arrived!

skylers1
1/29/15

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! TERRIBLE SHIPPING METHODS! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase a thing from them. Use Gilt instead.

vivianl23
1/28/15

I've been the Ideeli customer since May 2013, but recent experience with this online retail was horrible. I've ordered 3 items few weeks ago (#84209542) and found out that the size (4) were too big for the 2 items (Please note that I've ordered another item with the same brand few months ago with size 4 which it fits fine with me). I requested to exchange, but got rejected. They allow me to return (by making the return label for me) so that I can reorder smaller size (2). However, the return label didn't include both of the items I requested. I've asked the online chat support and he told me that one of the item is a final sale and can't be returned. I wasn't aware of this. When I request for my current credit to be return to my credit card because I wouldn't want to shop here anymore. It was rejected too because it was from a price match courtesy. When I asked if I can escalate my request to someone else and he told me that he is already a senior rep. So it seems that I'm stuck with the items that don't even fit me. I never rate bad about anyone's business but this one. :(

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Vivian,

Thanks for reaching out here on SiteJabber. I know that one of our supervisors reached out to you about order 84209542 to help resolve the issue you were having. The reason the representative wasn't able to allow for the third dress to be returned was due to the fact that you had requested, and were granted, a price match courtesy. Price matched items are always final sale and this had been stated in the chat where it was requested.

The supervisor you spoke with is allowing you to return all three dresses, including the price matched item, and emailed the return label that needs to be used for the return. She would like you to include that dress with the other two items you're returning from the same order and will manually process your refund for this item. Please reach out to her once you ship out the return so that she process the refund for the previously price matched dress. If there is anything else I can help you with, please send me a message and I'll be happy to assist. Thanks so much for being a part of Ideel!

jazj
1/26/15

Ideel or ideeli it doesnt matter DONT ORDER FROM THEM. Horrible return policy, horrible customer serviceif you can get service. Over priced items that you can get for cheaper at Amazon etc. with a free return policy/customer service. Well, I ordered some items, however I did not realize that these items could not be return, I placed my order at 11:45am by 12:10pm (so 25 minutes later) same day I tried to cancel my order by emailing the so called customer service, and I calledno answer. Instead, one day or two days later I get a confirmation email that my order has shipped. Really? After I tried to cancel the order, well any other merchant has better policies than this ideel/ideelimoney grabbing scam. DONT ORDER FROM THEM!

Tip for consumers: When you order, I would recommend to only order cheap items and not high priced items since ones bought you are stuck. The return or refund policy is horrible, other merchant have so much better policies. Oh, I no chance cancel your order...no customer service :-( Stick to sites that deliver.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Jaz,

Thanks for giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. We do offer returns on many of the items sold on Ideel. If an item is being sold as a final sale, it's marked as "non-returnable" on the item order page. The return eligibility is shown to the right of the photo for each item sold on our site and is also stated on the order confirmation email sent after checkout. Should you wish to cancel an order after it is placed, you can do so within 2 hours after placing the order through your account by going to My Orders and clicking on the order and removing the items from your order.

I'm very sorry no one answered when you called but we don't have a traditional call center. As an online company you can reach out agents via Live Chat by using this link: https://support.ideel.com/app/chat/chat_launch or email customer service at support@ideel.com. The agents are all working live chat which is why they are not always available to answer the phones and they will respond to you within 24 hours if a message is left on the customer service phone line with a phone number to call back. I'm sorry for any delay in responding to your email and we do strive to respond with 24 hours but from time to time there are delays in meeting that timeframe.

If the agents aren't able to cancel an order before it ships, they will be glad to assist with returning items after they are received. I'm happy to help you return this order if you can send me a message with your order number. I look forward to helping you return these items and resolve this issue for a full refund back to form of payment. Thanks for allowing me to assist with this resolution.

nataliek11
1/20/15

The first time i purchased something from ideel.com, they told me 6 days after i purchased it my order was cancelled because they ran out. The second time i purchased something from ideel, i told them the next day after spending 400 dollars on their website that i would like to cancel the order, since they only give you an hour to cancel your order online, they told me that they could no longer cancel it because it was in the process of being shipped and that i would have to contact them when i receive the items for a return label. my product didn't even ship for another week after that. when i got my products i sent them back immediately. which i was told from the time they received them it would be 3-5 business days until i received my money. after not receiving any money 8 days later, i contacted them and they told me i would not receive my money for ANOTHER 3-5 business days and that they made a mistake. they received my product on the 9th, it is now the 20th. still wondering where my money is. after contacting them(emailing and leaving them a voicemail) telling them i was upset because i was counting on that money being in my account, i have not heard any response from them.

jjv1
1/15/15

I should have read the review before. I ordered a bag for wife on Jan 1 since then they have NOT even shipped the bag yet. I've contacted them twice and the customer support can't even tell you when they will ship the item. WASTE CUSTOMER TIME!

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi JJ,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here on SiteJabber. I'm sorry your package hasn't shipped out yet and no one can provide you with an exact shipping date. Typically when you check out an expected shipping window is provided when you place the order and expected delivery dates are given on the order confirmation email that is sent. If for some reason the item doesn't ship during the timeframe expected, the customer service team should be able to escalate the issue to our fulfillment center and try and find out what the hold up is. From time to time items are delayed arriving from the manufacturer. Part of the reason we can offer such reasonable prices is because we don’t keep any inventory. Instead, we work directly with the manufacturers, who ship to us, and then we ship to you. If the items are delayed, we do very much apologize for that and we do try and get information to pass along to you if it is available.

I'd like to find out what the delay is with the bag you ordered and see if I can find out when it will get to you. Please send me a message with your order number and I'll be happy to look into this and help find a resolution. I look forward to your response and helping to resolve this issue. Thanks so much for being a part of Ideel.

deborahe8
1/12/15

I WAS really happy with IDEELI before groupon. I purchased a Nue by Shani dress on Nov 18th. This was not my first experience with ideel (hence the new name). I have been a good customer for over a year. I have purchased everything here: shoes, coat, maxi dress, workout clothes, dresses etc. The Nue by Shani dress was ordered in my size 4. I received a size 12. I sent the dress back and emailed the company about my return. The company finally acknowledged receiving the dress back at the warehouse on Jan. 2nd. They said 3-5 business days and I would have my refund. I emailed on Jan 10th no response, emailed again this a.m Jan 12th, still no response. It's already insulting that I received the wrong item and this is the customer service response I get. I shop at MyHabit, Gilt and Rue la la. Not only have I NEVER had a problem that wasn't resolved in a timely manner with these flash sale sites, the customer service has been remarkable. It's so sad that ideel treats their good customers this way. Unless Ideel comes up big with my refund (I mean within the next 24 hours) I will NEVER, EVER spend another penny on this site. I'll update you within 2 days. Okay I'm back! It's the 20th of Jan. and this is my update. Ideel customer service manager emailed me within 24 hours of my SiteJabber review. She said she was sorry about the lapse in emails, 4 days, but that many customer service reps were out sick and that's why no prompt response. She also gave me a 25.00 credit for my troubles. She added that I should have emailed them BEFORE my return (I did twice) and that was also part of the problem. Note to retailers: If you are trying to fix a "sticky" customer service issue, leave off the blaming the customer part. My new feeling about Ideel, stay away, NOTHING is worse than poor customer service in my experienced opinion, it's free and all retailers should "lead" with it.

Tip for consumers: DON"T USE THIS SITE. MyHabit is a flash sale site owned by Amazon.
Use this site instead. If you have a problem, they go out of their way to resolve it. They don't just ignore you.

angelam32
1/12/15

UPDATED Review! Jason & Jessica resolved all issues promptly, and I have since received all of my orders, everything was exactly & as described, I received my discounts, all of my points, & have also made a few returns(AND placed additional orders ;) and everything has been Excellent, since my 1st review.
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!!

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Angela,

Thanks for taking the time to give us information on SiteJabber about experiences you've had on our site. I'm very sorry that the service you received wasn't satisfactory. One of our customer services supervisors reached out to you to help resolve this issue and should have left a voicemail, as well as sent you an email letting you know she was able to resolve all of the issues. We've issued you the 10% off of all of the orders you placed, since the system did the first and an agent did the second, and the breakdown of the amounts removed from the remaining two orders was stated in the email you should have received. Due to the sizes of your four orders, I can understand that you would have run out of the 20 minute time limit to place all of those items onto one order.

In regards to the Ideelist points, it seems that the agent may have been confused. You do receive points for any unshipped items that are in your account at the time you sign up and thereafter. You can view our Ideelist FAQ here: https://support.ideel.com/app/answers/list/session/L3RpbWUvMTQyMTI1Nzk0NC9zaWQvT0UzVEpyY20%3D/c/235. I've ensured that you're set to receive the points for all four of the paid amounts of the orders.

If any of these issues have not been resolved at this time, please let me know and I'll be happy to help ensure a quick resolution. Thanks so much for being a part of Ideel, we sincerely value you as a member!

alanas5
12/28/14

Hey guys. So I ordered a coat on this website for the first time about two days ago. I read someone else having this problem, but I'm still a little bit confused about it. Apparently there is an authorization hold on your card? So they first charged my card once for $96.01, and then again for $96.46 (which is the actual price of the coat). So I was confused looking at my bank account. I only ordered one thing, so what is this charge of $96.01? I called customer service, left a message, and a nice lady called back a couple hours later and told me that it's some authorization hold, similar to what hotels do. But I have no idea why a clothing store would do this? Apparently the charge should be dropped and returned to my account after it is shipped, but why the heck do they do this in the first place? Does anyone know why they do this? I'm keeping my eye out on my account to make sure the money returns to my account after it's shipped, but I still think it's really weird. Why not just take the regular amount right when you order it instead of pretty much charging you twice, then returning half of it back to you after it's shipped? I've never heard of a clothing store doing this, it doesn't make any sense. Anyone know the reasoning behind this? Seems really sketchy to me.

But my mom and sister order from this website all the time and usually never have problems. Maybe they just never noticed the authorization hold before? They say the products are usually really good.

(I'll write another review after everything is hopefully worked out!)

Tip for consumers: Just watch out for the authorization charge. It's really weird and doesn't make any sense. But apparently they drop it as soon as it's shipped.

arisc
12/10/14

DO NOT BUY HERE!

I signed up with ideeli for a long time, but never bought anything, I saw their Ad recently saying "10% off your first order", so I decided to buy a Saint Laurent bag, I placed my order, didn't see the 10% off, so I emailed and asked how do I use it, they email back saying the offer was no longer available (but it is still alive today in their Ad), but for one time courtesy they applied $15 off for my order.

The bag came this week. Terrible packaging for such expensive ($2000) item. I've bought same brand bag from Gilt before and their packaging was way better. The worst part is there's scratch all overt the hardware, the zipper is RUSTED, there's dry glue and scratch on the bottom of the bag, it is definitely NOT a brand new bag, it's either returned by someone after use or it's a vintage one and they sell it in the price of a new bag. I looked at my order and the bag of course is non-returnable. I took photos and emailed their customer service to ask if this is a new authentic bag. No reply after 24 hours.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Ari,

Thank you for giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. I believe you've spoke with one of our customer service supervisors who was able to help you resolve this issue and return the item. Due to high volume with the holiday season, customer service has been a little delayed in answering emails. If a purchase is ever damaged or imperfect, our team is always happy to allow you to return an item for a refund back to form of payment.

You should have been sent a return label to ship back the item to us, as this was sent to you via email by the supervisor you were working with. We can assure you that even if this item was damaged it was never used and was a new item. Once your bag arrives back to us and is checked by our merchandising team. We will process the full refund back to your credit card. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks for being a part of Ideel.

Jason Faria,
angelinez
12/4/14

I had tons of online shopping experiences with Hautelook, Bluefly, BeyondtheRack, Rue La La, Gilt, etc. and overall I was happy with all these vendors. I never bought anything from ideeli before and this time I did it just buying an ear muffle. The whole experience was far from pleasant and I will never purchase anything from them again. This is the worst online shopping experience I ever had. First after placing the order, they deducted the amount right away from my credit card and later put it back. It was very confusing to see the back-and-forth transactions as one of them didn't show with vendor name. I had to guess that they hadn't shipped it yet but they wanted to test if my credit card was valid. Then for almost three weeks nothing happened - Neither did I see any update on website saying what was the order status nor did I receive any email providing me with updates. The order was placed on Nov 14 and on Dec 2, after the T-giving Holiday, I checked my credit card account and saw three pending transactions from them, all deducting the same amount! My order was $50 something and what I saw were three identical $50+ deductions, all from them! My account was immediately down for $150+ for something only worth $39.99 (w/o Tax and shipping) and not even shipped! Could you believe that? I wasn't sure if there was a mistake and called the hotline. Nobody answered, which wasn't surprising, so I left a voice msg. The answering machine said they would call me back by end of day. Nobody ever called me back, I received an email the other day just explaining they were testing my card and nothing was really deducted since it was not shipped! Come on then why did I see three pending transactions from you? OK fine by that time instead of three pending transactions I only saw two, so I thought they were fixing it. Then end of day Dec 3, an email came saying my order was now cancelled because the manufacturer wasn't able to fulfill it. What the XXX? After you already tested and deducted from my account 5-6 times? Why would it take you so long to even get the idea that the manufacturer couldn't fill the order? With this time frame if I purchase anything from most online vendors I use, the product would have already been arrived! I will never use ideeli (or ideel the new name) again for any online shopping!

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Angeline,

We appreciate that you've chosen to give us your feedback on SiteJabber. I'm very sorry that your credit card was authorized more than once and that you didn't receive a call back. If you call our Customer Service line before 6 PM EST you should have received a call back that day, as we do have agents responding to phone calls seven days a week. If you called any agents directly, it's possible that person may no longer be at that number or didn't receive the message.

In regards to authorizing your credit or debit card, we do that at checkout and drop the authorization after 48 hours if the order hasn't shipped. This is to ensure that the card is valid, prior to items shipping. Security is very important to us and since we are an online retailer, we do take steps to ensure credit cards are not fraudulently used on our site. I'm sorry if the void of the original authorization was confusing for you. I'd like to check into why you were authorized more than once when the item was being shipped. In order to locate this information I'll need your order number to look into this.

I'd like to have someone reach out to you and check into what happened and why your order didn't ship. If you can, please send me a message with your order number and the best phone number for myself or one of our supervisors to reach you and I'll we will make sure to reach out and resolve this. I look forward to helping resolve this looking into why it happened in the first place.

kittyd3
12/4/14

I used to love this site. The customer service has completely ruined it for me. The last straw was getting a wrong item in the "right" package, which was very was odd and when I reported it the entire interaction was about how they can't give me the thing I actually ordered because of the " nature of business" too bad. No alternatives offered or recognition that I have spent a ton of money there as a paid member. I relate to all the people reporting a condescending reply. Anyway, there are plenty of other options out there that just got my money. **deleting app**

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Kitty,

Thanks for giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm very sorry to hear you received a wrong item and that the customer service wasn't up to the expected level. We aren't able to send out a new item but we're happy to give you a full refund back to form of payment and, if the item is still in stock, the ability to reorder the correct item. If the item is mislabeled at our fulfillment center, we do need to contact them to ensure that if you do reorder, you wouldn't receive the same incorrect item a second time since we wouldn't want to further inconvenience you.

I'd like the opportunity to check into this issue and find out why the agent wasn't able to give you a link to reorder the item, as well as to issue and ensure the proper resolution. I would also like to use this as an opportunity to retrain the agent with whom you spoke so we can ensure that this doesn't happen going forward. Please send me the order number so I can look into this and I can get back to you with a proper resolution.I look forward to your response and thank you for being a part of Ideel.

mayaw1
11/25/14

I will have to give 5 stars for my experience. Although this was my first purchase from Ideeli, I have to say it was a pleasant/normal experience. I was looking to order a MK handbag and wallet as I was also looking at Macys as well. Ideeli was slightly cheaper so I chose to save a few dollars. Prior to my purchase I emailed to asked if the products being sold are 100% authentic being the prices are quite affordable. The next day I received an email assuring me the products are authentic and the prices are low because they have rather small inventory which helps them move product fast and replenish. I ordered my bag and wallet and received them a week later, 2 days a head of shipping. That's my personal experience and I hope it remains that way.

christinea14
11/22/14

This company is awful. They sent me the wrong products. Customer service was rude when I informed them of the mistake. I returned the products, I waited a week after it arrived at warehouse to contact them regarding my credit. They told me to wait longer- then they only credited me one product. I had to contact again. Did not get full refund until a month later. They're customer service correspondence is via email which I didn't like.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi Christine,

Thanks for giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. I do apologize that you were sent the wrong products by our fulfillment center and I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience this error has caused. I am glad to hear you did, after some time, receive your full refund back to form of payment. I'd like to check into this issue, find out who the agent was that you worked with, and go over what happened and use this a retraining opportunity.

Our normal processing time for returns is between 3 and 5 business days from the date the package arrived back to our fulfillment center. I'm terribly sorry that it seems to have taken longer than that and I'd like to report that to our returns team. I'd like to let you know that we do offer Live Chat as a option for taking care of your issues in a more timely fashion if email doesn't work for you. You can access our Live Chat here: https://support.ideel.com/app/chat/chat_launch and our team is available 7 days a week, with a few holiday dates that are exceptions. Since we aren't a traditional call center our agents can handle multiple chats and emails at a time, which leads to faster service that wouldn't happen via the phone.

I'd like to look into these instances you referred to in your post and to help resolve any issues that are still pending. Please send me a message with this information so I can look into this. Thanks again for giving us your feedback here!

ac13
11/21/14

Bought from ideeli several times - the stuff is nice online, but the quality isn't great for the price. Got a plain cotton shirt for 19 dollars + 10 dollars shipping, to find out after a few washes that it shrank to a baby tee and lint/pills all over, now it looks like a rag, and i only wore it about 3x. And is there a reason why the shipping is 10 dollars flat fee? Compared to Jcrew and other retailers, I would not shop on ideeli.com any longer. Only had to buy something from there is because I bought a bunch of stuff, which wasn't what i expected so I had to return it (and paid extra return shiping) and had a running credit. bleech..

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi A,

Thanks for reaching out here on SiteJabber. Since we carry many different brands on our site, it's possible this brand may not have worked for your needs. I'm really sorry to hear about the quality issue with the item you ordered and that it didn't meet your needs. If you haven't already contacted our customer service about a refund for this item, though it was worn, I'm happy to issue a one time courtesy and issue you a store credit refund for this item so you can find something you prefer to order on our site, even thought it had been worn.

In regards to our shipping fee, it's not a flat rate $10 shipping fee. We offer shipping on your first order for $9.95 and the following 30 days of shipping are free. Should you have placed this order within the free shipping period of the returned order, you wouldn't have paid a shipping fee on the newest order. Since we offer two return options, we do allow for members to decide if they do or do not wish to pay return shipping on orders.

If you'd like a refund for the shirt you purchased please send me your order number and I'll be happy to help you resolve this issue and provide a refund to your store credit. Thanks so much for being a part of Ideel.

kf19
11/20/14

In reading many posts I must state I recently made a purchase on 11/17/2014. I was concerned because so many had unfortunate encounters with the company. Well, I will say this, NO PROBLEMS. All the merchandise was fine and shipped on time. Thank you Ideel.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi K,

Thanks so much for reaching out and giving us your feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your purchases and everything was shipped and delivered in a timely manner. The reviews here and elsewhere online go back six years and are only a small portion of million of fantastic orders.

Thanks again for your kind review and we miss you much more happy shopping.

emmaz1
11/13/14

every order with every credit card i have had has been cancelled by the site. it always tells me pending authorization, and to add a new card. when i do add yet another new card, the same thing constantly happens. i gave up after my third attempt at buying something failed. this site is ridiculously bad, stay away!!!!

yk7
11/13/14

Very unimpressed with the customer service. My order was cancelled a day after placing the order because my husbands account has the billing address as mine (not sure what is so difficult to understand). I tried contacting ideel several ways.
1. chat- tried speaking to 2 different representatives, but neither could help me, they said they would refer me to someone higher who would email me within 24 hours, a little late if I want to get the deal before it expires.
2. email, the responses are not very helpful and it takes a very long time to get a reply.
3. phone, tried calling several times and left messages, haven't heard back from them.

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us on Sitejabber. The situation you are describing falls under the prevue of our Loss Prevention team, which is why a customer service representative could not speak to the issue – your inquiry needed to be forwarded on to a member of the correct team, and I’m sorry if that was not clearly explained at the time. I have spoken with them and I can assure you the issue here is not a shared billing address. We understand that multiple people can live in the same house or apartment building. All three accounts bear your name and credit card information, however, which is why they have been flagged as belonging to you.

When you joined Ideel, you were required to read and agree to our Terms and Conditions, which you can find here:

The terms and conditions state that "You agree not to (i) register for, activate or use more than one Account; (ii) use a false or misleading address or e-mail address to activate or use an Account; ... (iv) register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself " (Section 1.3) and that "Members may not knowingly permit or allow any other person to use their account..." (Section 2.3). In regards to our referral program, "Your eligibility to earn benefits will be based on your ability to make referrals that result in new ideel subscribers who makes at least one completed [shipped] purchase." "We reserve the right to disqualify you at any time from participation in a Referral Program if you do not comply with any of these guidelines." (Section 6)

Because these accounts do not represent a clear and conclusive ‘abilty to make referrals that result in new ideel subscribers’ the credits you received have been removed from your account, and the order they were applied to was cancelled to effect that removal.

According to our records, we have been in contact with you via customer service and I hope we have been able to explain the situation concisely and clearly here, and through our normal CS channels.

aa107
11/12/14

I placed an order on Ideeli last week. While my credit card was charged, I never received a confirmation email and the order has disappeared off my account. The online chat rep says they have no record of the transaction (again, there is clearly a charge from Ideeli on my card).

Response from DeeDee L., ideeli Representative
Hi there,
Thanks for contacting us here on SiteJabber. It sounds like you may have, accidentally, created a new account on our site. Sometimes, when logging in, if a letter is left out, or there’s a typo, a new account could be created. Because the e-mail address is incorrect, order confirmations won’t make it to your inbox ( as in your situation). We should be able to address and correct this easily if you’ll contact us at support@ideel.com – please include the last 4 digits of the card that was charged, the amount you were billed, and the date the transaction appeared on your statement. Once we have that information, we should be able to search our billing records to locate the order.
Director, Ideel Customer Service

Hi Qiong, Thank you for your message, and I'm so sorry for the trouble with your Heys order. A member of my Customer Service Team reached out to you via email to discuss next steps. We're going to work to make this right for you. Best, Jason Faria Sr. Manager Customer Service

By DeeDee L. [ideeli Rep]

Hi, Minh! Thank you for your interest in Ideel! I assure you we only sell authentic items. We value our brand entirely too much to risk our reputation with fake or knock off items. Part of the way we can offer the low prices we do is by keeping virtually no inventory on hand. Rather, we host the sales, receive the items from the vendor, and then ship them out to our members. By working directly with the manufacturers and reducing overhead, we are able to pass those savings on to you! We will list the expected ship date on the item page, in your cart, and in the check out so you're always aware of when to expect your items. We also strive for transparency and keeping in touch if there are any shipping delays. I hope this helps ease your mind and I hope to see you on the site soon! Best, Jason Faria, Director, Customer Service

By DeeDee L. [ideeli Rep]

They are the absolute worst about answering customer service complaints. They will lie, they literally told me customer service reps were out sick, thus no answer to my emails for about 2 weeks. But, don't loose hope, the DAY I posted a review on this site, they answered AND gave me a 25.00 credit for my trouble. So write a review on Site Jabber with all the details and a bet a manager will answer promptly. As this is their way, I NEVER ordered from the site again after at least 3 years of orders. Good Luck and don't leave a sordid detail out of your complaint.

By Deborah E.

Well, it's not Ideeli anymore... it's been Ideel for about a year now I think. Yes, there is a customer support phone number. I've had nothing but good experiences from Ideel in all regards - product satisfaction, price, shipping, etc. - but I've never had to contact customer service so I don't know what you'll get, but they're phone number is (888) 835-1719.

By SL H.

I have made returns many times. If it is returnable, you will get free return shipping if you choose store credit. If you want the refund processed back to your card, you will have to pay for the return shipping. I don't think you are in for a fight. I've had success using the chat option to get returns processed.

By Megan W.

I have been trying for over 8 months to get my credit back from them. I even contacted the Better Business Bureau. I'm thinking of contacting the Attorney's General office of Illinois next

By Julie W.

contact them. they are now own by groupon. i contacted groupon and was issued a refund for my credit balance.

By Lara L.

The company was purchased by Groupon.

By Danita S.

Hi, Kari, Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us via Site Jabber. I am so sorry for the delay in response from our customer service team. We are receiving an unusually high volume and this is unfortunately causing a longer than expected wait. I assure you this is not typical of our dedicated customer service team. I see you did speak with our customer service supervisor on Friday and he was able to go over your concerns with the Favorites tab as well as gave you his direct contact information for any further issues. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I may be of any further assistance. Best, Jason Faria, Director, Customer Service

By DeeDee L. [ideeli Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the ideeli staff and other customers.

6 Photos for ideeli