Review of HireMyMom

Spring, TX 77383-1628
Tel: 281.757.2207

jessican52
1/25/17

I love Hire My Mom! I used the site several years ago to find a work from home job, not thinking it would really go anywhere. I tried probably 4-5 sites before HMM and I didn't have much luck at all. The jobs were either too technical, still required in-person work, or required too many hours. I was looking for part- time work and I was able to find tons of applicable postings. I'm really happy that I found this site, and I will always go back to it if I need to fill in some freelance hours. I've had most of my original jobs from several years ago to this day! It's a great place to find legitimate home based jobs, and they cover many industries, pay well, and have postings from professional people. Thank you, Hire My Mom!

stephaniee35
1/17/17

It's always nerve wracking to try something new, and Hire My Mom, was something new for me! I took a leap of faith, and it has given me so many opportunities, that I would have never been able to find otherwise. I initially signed up seeking ONE part time job, after 7 months of being a member, I now have FOUR! All of which are still enough to consider me as a part time worker AND I still get to be at home with my son! It's fantastic for moms who just want something to do during the down time ( even though some days that's impossible!) Highly recommend!!

angieo6
1/14/17

I cannot emphasize enough how satisfied I am with hiremymom.com. This is an awesome resource - being able to find great work at home opportunities. Hiremymom caters to moms only accepting projects that are at least 50% home-based. I have had such success using the site that I cannot take on more clients at the moment.

deidram1
6/9/15

I LOVE this website and have found a fantastic job with HireMyMom.com. I have referred SEVERAL mommy friends of mine to this site, two of which have also found permanent employment!

timf19
2/5/15

I've now hired 4 moms from HireMyMom and it's been an A+ experience every single time. I am amaaazed with the quality of talent all found on HireMyMom - it's like a treasure trove of amazing, skilled people!

In fact, I love HireMyMom so much, I wrote a blog post about it on my website: http://www.profitfactory.com/the-best-place-to-hire-vas-and-it-aint-elance/

I've hired virtual staff for over 5 years now, and HireMyMom is the best of them all, by far, for Virtual Assistants. If I need a really specific skill (e.g. copywriting, website design), I'll usually go elsewhere, but if you need someone to be an Executive Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Coordinator, Sales Support staff, Admin, Scheduling, Project Manager, or any of dozens of other positions, look no further than Hire My Mom. It's a bounty of incredible talent unmatched anywhere.

(And the talent is affordable too - under $20/hour and you can get *excellent* team members, very polished from their past lives in corporate / professional America).

Thank-you Leslie for your INCREDIBLE website and service. My business is light-years ahead of where we would have been, thanks to you and your team.

Tim :)

P.S, Hiring VAs is a learnable skill, just like anything else. If someone got a bad VA from HMM, or anywhere else for that matter, it's at least 50% the employer's fault for being inadequately skilled at hiring. I used to be incompetent at it and lost $10K on another VA service. Now I'm good at it and VAs are the heartbeat of my business.

Tip for consumers: For tips on hiring an amazing VA from HireMyMom, consider visiting http://www.ProfitFactory.com, where you can find TONS of incredible tips to save you time, money, and energy in hiring and managing your new VA.

sarahc95
2/3/15

As a SAHM I was looking for something to do to help bring in a little extra $ for my budget. I found HMM and loved the idea of a website specifically geared towards at home moms. After about 2 weeks I found an ad that I thought was the perfect fit for me. 18 months later....I'm so thankful for HMM connecting us.

I have told several people about HMM and even helped my employer hire an additional assistant using HMM. As with nearly every situation, there are going to be good and bad people who sneak through the filters, but if you use wisdom and sound judgment, you can typically find what you are looking for.

jeffm78
2/3/15

Outstanding!

I have been having great difficulty finding qualified, experienced hires and have found a goldmine on hiremymom.com. I put up two job postings and had a number of qualified applications for each in 1 day. Exactly what I was hoping for... ladies with years of relevant experience looking for meaningful, flexible work.

Great resource, especially if you have virtual / flexible work engagements.

andrews120
2/2/15

Couldn't be worse. Spoke with Woman once, spent a full weekend prepareding video and email instructions. She wanted to be paid up front, and I never heard from her again. Called to complain and no help. HATE THIS GROUP. Do not use them. 65$ an hour and did zero work, stole all my money and laughed about it.

Response from Lesley P., HireMyMom Representative
Andrew. I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of the Mom Professionals on our site. We make every effort to only allow professionals with integrity and professionalism to post and find jobs on HireMyMom.com. It is disappointing that our website gets a poor review without us even being made aware of the situation or trying to help rectify it. We take complaints very seriously and wish you had contacted us to let us know about this. Please do email me at lesley@hiremymom.com so that we can take action and hopefully prevent this from happening again. Once again, our sincere apologies and we hope to hear from you soon.
jb110
10/15/14

Not many work from home jobs actually. If you are a mom that wants to stay home with your children then this is not the site for you. Also, once you cancel, even if it's two days into the 3 months you paid for...you are out. They keep the money and you cannot log in. More of a site for freelance workers. ie graphic designers

Response from Lesley P., HireMyMom Representative
Hi J.B. Actually 100% of the jobs / projects posted on our site are work from home. I'll copy a sampling from this week below. And we never restrict someone from logging in once they've joined. If you had technical issues, we happily work with you to resolve them if you tell us you are having issues. If you've had any issues, please let us know and we will be happy to help you resolve them asap.
Here are some of the jobs / projects posted this week:
Virtual Assistant Needed
Wordpress Blog Writers
Graphic Designer
Adwords Account Manager
Experienced Copywriter
Administrative Assistant
Client Care Manager & Operations Manager
Part-Time Customer Service Professional (Work From Anywhere)
Website Design and HTML/CSS Coding
Tax Accountant - Financial Planners Assistant
PR Manager / Publicist
Create E-Book
Architectural design and drawings interior and exterior
Experienced Researcher to Gather Nutrition Data
Charity Outreach Caller Needed
Create a series of sales emails
Pay-Per-Click Campaign Manager
Virtual Admin Assistant
Marketing Coordinator
Assistant to Financial Education Company
amadnav
11/11/12

I tried a few sites to find freelance work and this one was well worth the membership. The only reason I no longer have a membership is because I have plenty of work and a long-term gig. Their customer service is also top notch and when they find out that something was misrepresented, they act immediately. I highly recommend them to any mom looking for freelance projects.

I just wanted to update that another friend of mine got a long-term virtual assistant job through a posting on HireMyMom. My long-term gig lasted 4.5 years. I'm so grateful for HireMyMom for helping me find that opportunity. HIGHLY recommend them!

davidh36
4/30/11

I have used several websites to hire people to work from home. This is the only one I've found that isn't loaded up with scams - this one is the real deal. 90% of the responses I've received are from real individual freelancers who are looking for real work.

Hi Karen. Yes, we often get projects and jobs for marketing and social media so please feel free to post your job or project for free on our site at www.hiremymom.com. Let us know if we can be of any further help.

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Odna. No, we do not require our job seekers to be moms. We are obviously geared towards helping moms find work but it is not a requirement to join our site. :-) Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Lesley

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Holly, We have had Realtors post in the past looking for an assistant. I do not see a current listing but we have many that are for general Virtual Assistants that you may be interested in at least until something in real estate opened up. You can view the most recent job postings here: https://www.hiremymom.com/new-jobs . Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks! Lesley

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Olita. Thanks for your questions. We review the company and person through several websites to make sure to the best of our ability that there is no known fraud or anything that would lead us to believe the person and company are not 100% legitimate. If questionable, we request more information or decline the job posting. Once hired, it is up to the contractor and employer to define payment terms and agreements / contracts.

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Khatool, Just like traditional jobs, you look for jobs that match your skills, experience and education. What type of job are you looking for?

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Jan, Yes, it is $29.95 for 3 month membership for Job Seekers. Businesses can post jobs at no charge. I know that may seem backwards, but the reason for that is if we charged employers to post jobs we would have far fewer jobs available and an infinite amount of job seekers joining with very few jobs available to choose from. We allow employers to post as many jobs as possible to encourage more opportunities for our job seekers who are willing to pay the minimal $10 a month to get these job leads. As a result, our job seekers have a lot more opportunities to find legitimate, great work at home opportunities for basically the cost of a couple of Starbucks coffees. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions. Blessings, Lesley

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Amber, We have had members find jobs the first week of joining. Others have taken several weeks. A lot of it depends on (1) how actively you are pursuing finding a job, (2) how qualified you are for the positions you are applying for, (3) how good your references and resume are, and (4) how well you interview and meet the expectations of the hiring employer. Actively pursuing multiple job leads will maximize your chances of getting a job quickly. This means devoting as much time as you can to your job search. Don't be discouraged if you do not find the right job or project right away. Be persistent and continue to pursue those opportunities that match your skills and background.

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

No, you do not need to be a web designer or graphics person to find work. There are customer service, administrative and several other types of jobs posted. Look on our home page for sample job postings.

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Yes, there are customer service and administrative jobs posted. You can see sample job posting on the right side of the home page.

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]

Hi Coreen. Typically your location is not a factor if you are in the US or Canada. I personally had a VA from Canada for over 10 years and absolutely no issues. I have had no feedback or issues with anyone from Canada saying they had issues getting hired because they were from Canada. Job seekers apply directly to the hiring company. We do not play any role in the interviewing or hiring process, therefore we do not have any statistics on how many from Canada get hired. Like with any job search, the most important factors are how diligent the applicants are in applying for many jobs and how professional and qualified they are for those jobs. Let me know if you have any other questions. Sincerely, Lesley Pyle

By Lesley P. [HireMyMom Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the HireMyMom staff and other customers.

3 Photos for HireMyMom