US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

tracyd30

I purchased my shoes several months back and I just love them! (in 30 reviews)

patrician4

I am getting ready to buy my third pair of GDefy shoes. (in 27 reviews)

pauld116

I will check them out again in a few years to see if they improved their product as well as customer service. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

maryk185
7/27/16

Purchase a pair of the sneakers. After wearing two days couldn't understand why I was feeling like I was falling forward. Contacted customer service to ask why Took over two weeks for there response. I contacted them and expressed my disappointment in their untimely response and said I would not recommend this company. Over a month from initial order and in between correspondence I get an email stating they apologize for their untimely response and offer to have me return them and they would substitute a different shoe at no additional cost. I now had the sad pleasure of informing them that I donated the sneakers to a hospital thrift shop and was unable to return them. Now I lost

dons89
7/11/16

I have been wearing gdefyer dress, casual and athletic shoes for several years and own no other brand. I have found them to be the most comfortable foorwear I have ever owned and the customer service is second to none. I can't believe the negative reviews on file. It sounds like these people are talking about a totally different product and service than what I have experienced.

joycer23
5/27/16

After reading all the reviews I am positively NOT going to torture my husband with a pair of these shoes as his feet are already suffering. Thank you to all that have taken the time to post these very informative reviews. I will now end my subscription to the sports magazine that endorses this company and prints their advertisements! Responsibility for the promotion of this crap must bear the consequenses .

janee58
5/7/16

Like so many others on this site, I returned two pairs of shoes IMMEDIATELY after I tried them on - they were too small. It took two weeks and several phone calls for me to even get an answer to my question on if they had received them back yet. It's been a solid month now, and no calls, no e-mails, and no refunds as yet. Apparently they take 30 days to refund the money AFTER the two weeks it takes them to get the shoes back and logged in. Rude, crappy customer service. Too bad, the tennis shoes are actually working for me, but I'll never buy another pair! As with others, I feel that this company is a scam that just makes 6 weeks of interest off your money before returning it to you!

janetp40
4/12/16

I bought my Gravity Defyer shoes 6 month ago and the velcro straps no longer work. I cannot keep the shoes on my feet. And what do you suppose the company says? Too bad, so sad. You only have a 60 day guarantee. $90 for a pair of shoes useful for only 6 months. What a pile of garbage.

alyces2
3/28/16

I ordered a pair of shoes and then went to read reviews. I cancelled the order within 3 hours of ordering. Received computer generated reply but shoes were still shipped 2 days later. Once received, I tried walking in them for about 2 hours. I felt hobbled. My feet hurt and shoes were so stiff you really couldn't walk properly. I returned them and asked that I not be charged for shipping either way as I had cancelled the order in plenty of time. I finally received my refund one month after they received my shoes back (UPS tracking) and I was charged for shipping. Never order Gravity Defyer shoes.

josephc101
3/1/16

On my second pair, first pair was tight so I went up a 1/2 size from normal on second pair. These shoes feel wonderful especially when I have to work in factory (12 hours on metal floor). Once you get sizing down they are great except for the fact that the springs start to make noise after a few months and it is quite loud. Happened on both pairs. Not sure if I will buy more until they can resolve this issue. If they do I will be back!

lisac186
2/19/16

The shoes are too tight. They hurt my entire body. I only wore them two days and returned them. They are refusing to refund my money because they said they were not returned in like new condition. They gave me a store credit to buy more crappy shoes. Do not waste your money on these shoes. I wish I would have never bought this shoes. Horribly experience.

joet66
1/28/16

Gravity shoes are crap, springs collapse after months. gravity offers no help whatsoever.
Do not buy these cheap made Chinese shoes.

tonip7
12/16/15

I printed out the sizing guide and confirmed that I wear a size 6, as in most of my other shoes. When I got these, they felt closer to a size 5. They were short and tight. Since it is holiday season, I wanted to return these and try again another time. At check out, I had clicked the "Free Home Try On! No risk. No charge. No kidding." option. So, I was surprised to see that I will be charged a return shipping fee of $9.95. Customer Service said that they could not credit me the $9.95 and tried to get me off the phone. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that she was busy with another customer. The agent assured me that the manager would return my call the same day if I left my phone number. I have not received a call. I did give my order number, so maybe there will be some follow-up. I feel scammed. I have ordered through Zappos many times and had excellent experiences. I have never been charged for returning shoes that didn't fit. I could have ordered GravityDefyers through Zappos and not had this issue. I do not want to interact with a company that misleads you into believing that you can try their product but will incur a $9.95 fee if you do not like it. It is just wrong. The shoes seemed well made and they came highly recommended by a friend. Do not trust their website. I have not given up but am not optimistic as two promises have now shown false.

Tip for consumers: If you want GravityDefyer shoes, look for them on a more customer oriented, satisfaction guaranteed, free shipping and returns site (such as Zappos) The home site for these shoes charges return fees.

carolec11
12/9/15

I purchased shoes on the try - on "no charge" of you don't like them program. Omg.... NEVER EVER again. I returned the shoes immediately. They received them Oct 19. I got charged for the same shoes on Nov 2 and because of this, I accrued two overdrafts. Website says you won't be charged, but you will. It is Dec 9 and I am STILL waiting fir the full refund that they promised. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. ... borderline fraud in my opinion.

jenniferp81
11/25/15

the reviews are so bad I wont even waste my money

goodp
10/19/15

Shoes are too heavy for walking. If you enjoy walking with boots with boot heels, otherwise forget this shoe. I've walked over 2000 miles in about 15 months with a pair of new balance shoes and they're still ok. I walked maybe 20 miles with the gdefy shoes and the glue is coming off and the leather is cracking. I've had them for 4 months. They are not worth half the price I paid for them. They were supposed to get in touch with me by email 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to hear from them. By the way, I paid $40 for the new balance shoes.

ricaa
10/15/15

Was exited to get them because of major foot isuues and pain. Bought 3 pairs and found that they had absolutely NOT SUPPORT, your foot goes from one side or the other when you walk, so you risk falling. What a waste.
Plus they don't tell you that if you return them, which I did right away, they will not refund you for 30 DAYS. STAY AWAY!!!

roberth180
9/16/15

I bought 2 pair of these shoes. Even though both are supposed to be the same size, one pair (different style) is smaller and hurts my feet to wear. I can not feel the effect of the springs. The shoes are falling apart. Poor quality for the price paid. I emailed the company about that but got no satisfaction.

virginiab15
8/31/15

I ordered a pair to use the 30 day free trial and they were so uncomfortable I returned them. Now they won't refund my credit card because they said I returned them in a not new condition. I totally disagree with that because they were clean. I only wore them two or three times because they were so hard and uncomfortable. How can you try something without wearing it?

deeg23
8/17/15

Shoes are painful to wear. Contacted the company and was advised to only wear them a couple of hours at a time and get back to them. I did but it was past the return date.

tracyd30
8/10/15

I purchased my shoes several months back and I just love them! ! Working on concrete floors was killing my feet and legs. After breaking them in after 2 days , I quit dreading work. I recommend them!

shanel27
7/17/15

We couldn't wear them. They were hard to walk in and fell apart. For $100 shoes they are crap. Sorry. Lots of hype and marketing with poor quality. We want our money back.

pauld116
7/13/15

This footwear sounds like a great idea, however, my four stars are for all the people that wrote the very informative reviews. Many thanks for saving me the cost of purchasing two pairs of Gravity Defyers. I will check them out again in a few years to see if they improved their product as well as customer service.

loisc11
7/12/15

I won't bad mouth the company, but I am on my feet 6-8 hours a day and my feet hurt afterwards, I also have heel spurs. A friend told me about these and gave me a flyer and it sounded really good. I looked online and decided to try the GDefy Extora ll because it said they helped with ALL foot pain NOT! I expected to feel the heel kind of bounce (I guess) since there was a spring, I expected not to feel my feet hit the floor; but that's definitely not what I experienced! I wore these today for 6 hours, by the time I got home, my feet and especially my heels were hurting. They are heavy and feel like Herman Munster shoes, they made me sound like I was stomping even when I tried to walk softly. The upper "leather" is so stiff that it rubbed my ankles and caused them to get sore and swell, my feet feel very tired after wearing them for so long. I would not recommend this brand, but the others might be ok. I however have decided not to bother trying another expensive pair because I don't want to go through this again; I am returning them for a refund and sincerely hope I don't have all the troubles others have had with theirs. I am glad to read that there are those who have had great results with their chosen shoes! I guess we just never know until we try them right? :)

matthewf20
5/25/15

The 1st time I bought these I was very excited because of what they promised. I bought 2 pair. Got them and they were both falling apart within a few months of use. However, they did seem to help my feet problems so I went ahead and bought 3 more pairs (3 only because they were discontinuing nearly all the double-wide options at the time). Same crap quality with them falling apart Very quickly. I've had other brands which have lasted me for YEARS. NONE of these lasted more than 6 months. And quite frankly, with my super expensive molded prescription shoe inserts, they don't do me any better than with other brands without the so-called trampoline springs. DEFINITELY not worth the money or the hype.

donnararem
2/21/15

First I paid for two day delivery got them in three days that was a waste of money what a gimmick to make money. Ordered extra wide and they are no wider than a wide. After one week of walking the whole top leather is cracking. The shoes are hard as a rock to walk in bought intersole to put in them. Hardly any arch support at all. Bought them to wear after foot surgery. Total waste of my hard earned money and can't get a refund their 30 day refund is also a lie like the description of their shoes. Do not buy!

susanb73
2/8/15

I purchased a pair of Extora II for myself and another for my daughter. She liked her pair, but I didn't like mine. I sent them back promptly, following the return instructions to the letter. They acknowledged that they received the return, but first tried to get me to take a different pair of shoes instead of a refund. Then they started making me give them all of the same information that I had given them before, probably hoping to weasel out of giving me my money back!

Tip for consumers: Just don't!

kenw36
12/30/14

Caveat emptor. I purchased a pair ($130- Super Walk) in Sep of 2014, found them to be uncomfortable due to inadequate support and cushioning (similar to shoes selling for $60). Other than the quality of the shoe, the fun began when I returned them per the guarantee of a refund in 30 days. It required a few calls and emails to learn that, after 45 days, my refund request was still 'being processed'. Inquiring about the CEO, Tim Wallace, finally got them to honor the refund guarantee. Much different experience than with Shoebuy or Zappo.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gravity Defyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question