Review of Gravity Defyer

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mattonimusm
5/10/17

Uncomfortable, make feet hurt, cheap material, and also caused static electrical shock. They wont give me a return because i didnt return them brand new. Is anything brand new after wearing it?? Orthofeet shoes are WAY better. Heck, all shoes are way better. What a scam this place is!

carmellak
3/22/17

All the reviews on Amazon were five star. After I left my three star review, ALL reviews were removed. Any company that does that is NOT trustworthy and someone I care to do business with. The shoes hurt my feet & lower back after wearing them three hours on my job, which requires a lot of standing and walking on concrete. The only reason I kept them is because I'm desperate and because I wore them on the job. The only warranty offered with these shoes is for defective materials, not a refund. Maybe an exchange, but I will never purchase shoes from Gravity Defyer again or recommend them to anyone else.

colleenw18
10/31/16

They STILL look like the day I bought them but now I'm wearing them almost all of the time. They are holding up amazingly well, and are as comfortable as the first day I wore them. Without these shoes, my toes and feet were always hurting. Which has led to me wearing them to work, to the barn and everywhere else. They are easy to clean and you owe it to YOURSELF to buy a pair of shoes that will keep you walking without pain.

josephinew8
10/24/16

My husband and I went in to a gravity defyer store to buy him a pair of shoes and we'll he was trying on a pair of shoes I started to look around and see what they have for women. Then I seen that they had a pair of walking shoes for women with bursitis. I didn't think that the shoes would actually work, I was in pain from my bursitis that day and it was almost time for my hip injections to calm down the bursitis. So I said what the heck I will try a pair on, the guy at the store got me a pair to try on the fit great now to stand up and walk. Let me tell you the instant I stood up the pain in my hips went a way and the more I walked around the store with them on my hip felt more relaxed !!! I bought and walk out with my shoes almost 3 months ago and I have not needed a hip injection since!!! Every person I see or meet I tell them about my shoes and how they have helped me with my bursitis. Definitely the Best shoes ever!!!! Thank you gravity defyer you saved my hips!!!

marcom50
10/19/16

I had an accident three years ago. My left leg got injured and sensitive to the impact of walking. I tried Gravity Defier and bought my first two pair of shoes soon after. Today I own six pairs. I use them daily for work, casual outings and sports -which now I'm fortunate to be able to do- . A pair GDefy is always in my carry-on when I travel for business. It guarantees a pleasant walking experience every time.
Marco Marquez

kimr91
9/27/16

I recently bought a pair of Women's G-Defy Extora II Athletic Shoes; I have suffered from heel spurs and plantar fasciitis for years. I work for a local professional sports team so I spend a lot of time standing and walking - up to 10 hours a day per event. The next day I would be so crippled up that I could barely get out of bed. Two weeks ago I purchased my first pair of Gravity Defyer's and I worked two 10 hour days back to back. First I was impressed that after the first day I could get out of bed without pain; but knew I had another full day to go...This morning when I got up after standing all day and walking over 4 miles-I had no limp, no pain! I plan on buying a second pair to wear everyday!

kathym116
9/26/16

I purchased a pair of gravity Defyer tennis shoes, due my chronic leg pain and cramping and their claim of relieving pain. I wore these shoes, while visiting Disney land. I walked from ten am to nine pm. Without any pain what so ever. I am truly amazed. I will never purchase any other brand.

ceciliac11
9/20/16

Very comfortable shoes!!!

angelaa65
9/17/16

I had a issue with gravity defyer company. I return my shoe and they charge me for the shipping, when I used there return slip. Once I aired my complaint Sarah O. fixed the issue. They refund me the shipping cost and give me $25.00 on my next purchase to the company. She made me change my mind about this company. I will buy a pair of shoes from gravity defyer. If more companies would fix little thing like this, they would have more loyal customers. Who would love to purchase their products. Thank you Sarah O. and good job handling my issue.

maryk185
7/27/16

If you read my previous comment you will understand why I continue to say that I am totally disappointed with this company. Plus I just received a reply to my comment from gravity deftest asking me to call their customer service and say that I spoke to the person who replied for them. I was offered if I call that I could receive a discount on another product. Why would I even consider another product and spend more Money with you when I expressed my displeasure and because no one replied in a timely manner I was unable to return the product and as previously stated I donated them. I have no Intention of ever recommending your company and hope that your customer service department improves. Since I emailed your company you have the names of the
People who replied and they should be spoken to

dons89
7/11/16

I have been wearing gdefyer dress, casual and athletic shoes for several years and own no other brand. I have found them to be the most comfortable foorwear I have ever owned and the customer service is second to none. I can't believe the negative reviews on file. It sounds like these people are talking about a totally different product and service than what I have experienced.

alyces2
3/28/16

I ordered a pair of shoes and then went to read reviews. I cancelled the order within 3 hours of ordering. Received computer generated reply but shoes were still shipped 2 days later. Once received, I tried walking in them for about 2 hours. I felt hobbled. My feet hurt and shoes were so stiff you really couldn't walk properly. I returned them and asked that I not be charged for shipping either way as I had cancelled the order in plenty of time. I finally received my refund one month after they received my shoes back (UPS tracking) and I was charged for shipping. Never order Gravity Defyer shoes.

josephc101
3/1/16

On my second pair, first pair was tight so I went up a 1/2 size from normal on second pair. These shoes feel wonderful especially when I have to work in factory (12 hours on metal floor). Once you get sizing down they are great except for the fact that the springs start to make noise after a few months and it is quite loud. Happened on both pairs. Not sure if I will buy more until they can resolve this issue. If they do I will be back!

tonip7
12/16/15

I printed out the sizing guide and confirmed that I wear a size 6, as in most of my other shoes. When I got these, they felt closer to a size 5. They were short and tight. Since it is holiday season, I wanted to return these and try again another time. At check out, I had clicked the "Free Home Try On! No risk. No charge. No kidding." option. So, I was surprised to see that I will be charged a return shipping fee of $9.95. Customer Service said that they could not credit me the $9.95 and tried to get me off the phone. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that she was busy with another customer. The agent assured me that the manager would return my call the same day if I left my phone number. I have not received a call. I did give my order number, so maybe there will be some follow-up. I feel scammed. I have ordered through Zappos many times and had excellent experiences. I have never been charged for returning shoes that didn't fit. I could have ordered GravityDefyers through Zappos and not had this issue. I do not want to interact with a company that misleads you into believing that you can try their product but will incur a $9.95 fee if you do not like it. It is just wrong. The shoes seemed well made and they came highly recommended by a friend. Do not trust their website. I have not given up but am not optimistic as two promises have now shown false.

Tip for consumers: If you want GravityDefyer shoes, look for them on a more customer oriented, satisfaction guaranteed, free shipping and returns site (such as Zappos) The home site for these shoes charges return fees.

carolec11
12/9/15

I purchased shoes on the try - on "no charge" of you don't like them program. Omg.... NEVER EVER again. I returned the shoes immediately. They received them Oct 19. I got charged for the same shoes on Nov 2 and because of this, I accrued two overdrafts. Website says you won't be charged, but you will. It is Dec 9 and I am STILL waiting fir the full refund that they promised. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. ... borderline fraud in my opinion.

goodp
10/19/15

Shoes are too heavy for walking. If you enjoy walking with boots with boot heels, otherwise forget this shoe. I've walked over 2000 miles in about 15 months with a pair of new balance shoes and they're still ok. I walked maybe 20 miles with the gdefy shoes and the glue is coming off and the leather is cracking. I've had them for 4 months. They are not worth half the price I paid for them. They were supposed to get in touch with me by email 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to hear from them. By the way, I paid $40 for the new balance shoes.

ricaa
10/15/15

Was exited to get them because of major foot isuues and pain. Bought 3 pairs and found that they had absolutely NOT SUPPORT, your foot goes from one side or the other when you walk, so you risk falling. What a waste.
Plus they don't tell you that if you return them, which I did right away, they will not refund you for 30 DAYS. STAY AWAY!!!

roberth180
9/16/15

I bought 2 pair of these shoes. Even though both are supposed to be the same size, one pair (different style) is smaller and hurts my feet to wear. I can not feel the effect of the springs. The shoes are falling apart. Poor quality for the price paid. I emailed the company about that but got no satisfaction.

virginiab15
8/31/15

I ordered a pair to use the 30 day free trial and they were so uncomfortable I returned them. Now they won't refund my credit card because they said I returned them in a not new condition. I totally disagree with that because they were clean. I only wore them two or three times because they were so hard and uncomfortable. How can you try something without wearing it?

deeg23
8/17/15

Shoes are painful to wear. Contacted the company and was advised to only wear them a couple of hours at a time and get back to them. I did but it was past the return date.

tracyd30
8/10/15

I purchased my shoes several months back and I just love them! ! Working on concrete floors was killing my feet and legs. After breaking them in after 2 days , I quit dreading work. I recommend them!

shanel27
7/17/15

We couldn't wear them. They were hard to walk in and fell apart. For $100 shoes they are crap. Sorry. Lots of hype and marketing with poor quality. We want our money back.

pauld116
7/13/15

This footwear sounds like a great idea, however, my four stars are for all the people that wrote the very informative reviews. Many thanks for saving me the cost of purchasing two pairs of Gravity Defyers. I will check them out again in a few years to see if they improved their product as well as customer service.

loisc11
7/12/15

I won't bad mouth the company, but I am on my feet 6-8 hours a day and my feet hurt afterwards, I also have heel spurs. A friend told me about these and gave me a flyer and it sounded really good. I looked online and decided to try the GDefy Extora ll because it said they helped with ALL foot pain NOT! I expected to feel the heel kind of bounce (I guess) since there was a spring, I expected not to feel my feet hit the floor; but that's definitely not what I experienced! I wore these today for 6 hours, by the time I got home, my feet and especially my heels were hurting. They are heavy and feel like Herman Munster shoes, they made me sound like I was stomping even when I tried to walk softly. The upper "leather" is so stiff that it rubbed my ankles and caused them to get sore and swell, my feet feel very tired after wearing them for so long. I would not recommend this brand, but the others might be ok. I however have decided not to bother trying another expensive pair because I don't want to go through this again; I am returning them for a refund and sincerely hope I don't have all the troubles others have had with theirs. I am glad to read that there are those who have had great results with their chosen shoes! I guess we just never know until we try them right? :)

matthewf20
5/25/15

The 1st time I bought these I was very excited because of what they promised. I bought 2 pair. Got them and they were both falling apart within a few months of use. However, they did seem to help my feet problems so I went ahead and bought 3 more pairs (3 only because they were discontinuing nearly all the double-wide options at the time). Same crap quality with them falling apart Very quickly. I've had other brands which have lasted me for YEARS. NONE of these lasted more than 6 months. And quite frankly, with my super expensive molded prescription shoe inserts, they don't do me any better than with other brands without the so-called trampoline springs. DEFINITELY not worth the money or the hype.

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gravity Defyer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
richardc176
Richard C.
on 5/31/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gravity Defyer staff and other customers.

Gravity Defyer?