Review of GolfNow

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

yvanp
3/8/17

Wyboo golf is a 5 star wow for All is Arizona style golf. Greens where so nice , Fairways with its colorful green and yellow rough made me feel in Arizona.Its worth to drove 15 min from highway 95
cause i find it so peaceful . Go play Wyboo Amigo Golfers

richl35
2/15/17

My wife and I had a reservation thru Golfnow in Florida. Unfortunately she became ill. I called more than 24 hours in advance of our t-time to cancel. They refused to give me a cancelation refund. I suppose even if you died they would refuse a refund. They are at the top of my list for extremely poor customer service and corporate greed.

kayk25
2/10/17

I made a reservation on Redhawk golf course in Temecula, CA own website, not on GolfNow website, for 3 senior players, however, at check out I was charged GolfNow transaction fee automatically even if I didn't make a reservation on GolfNow website. A day before I called a golf course proshop, cancelled a reservation because it is expected rain on that day. I asked a person in the proshop about GolfNow transaction fee charged automatically when a reservation was made, said I need to call GolfNow. Then I called GolfNow customer service explained the situation to get a refund, all I was told to call back tomorrow to find out a golf course is closed, then refund may issued. As you know, most of golf courses never closed unless weather condition is really severe. I immediately cancel GolfNow account. I will never use GolfNow and play at Redhawk golf course again. It is just RIP-OFF!!!

fredb76
12/9/16

Book 4 rounds of golf at the Pines in Tucson Arizona for $49 per player when I got to the course I found out the price was $37 around if I had booked it at the course. Golfnow.com rip me off for $12 plus $10 booking fees. I will never use booking.com again.

archieu
11/22/16

Was told my expired coupon was good for face value at the course, when I showed up it was not honored. I called 3 times to Dealcaddy (golf now) to finally be told that it was not going to be honored and they could do nothing about it.

terrys124
10/13/16

GolfNow is a ripoff. Daughters bought me a gift certificate. I tried to used, but balance was only credited to GolfNow fees. When I found this out, I canceled and requested a refund. I was told because I tried to use, no refund was available.

gerryo6
10/11/16

Booked a course for 4 people. Noticed on the confirmation that I booked wrong date. Cancelled within one hour of booking. GolfNow sent email saying that tee time was cancelled and that I would receive a refund. I didn't get refund so I called. They said super deals are not refundable as per our policy. I sent an email asking why they confirmed cancellation in email and they did not respond. All they had to say was no cancellation and I would of made tee time instead of wasting money. Sent four follow up emails with NO RESPONSE. Very poor customer service. Would not use this company again

Tip for consumers: Use other booking sites

patrickk53
10/9/16

DON'T use this company. My wife cut 3 fingers, requiring 7 stitches. We have the medical report from the emergency room and personal doctor, and pictures. We called at couple days in advance, still no refund!!!!

Lucky for us, I believe the pro at the course is ethical and will make good with a replacement round, unlike these scumbags...

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY

rogerp37
9/23/16

this is golf. things change, people drop out, the weather forecast changes. i prepaid $300 for a tee time for 4 people over the phone because i was in a rush, and now there's a 90-100% chance of rain on the day of our tee-time so obviously i'd like to make other plans. when i explain it that way they cite their "brand new" policy of absolutely no refunds unless the course closes due to weather, meaning i have to sit standby in the 5% off chance i can still play in soggy conditions. why not just issue me a credit and release the tee time? or better yet just charge me the difference between the hot deal vs normal price?? i mean the normal price tee times are eligible for cancellations right? this is a dumb policy that's going to cost them. i used to think highly of golfnow, now i completely loathe this company. i hope the absolute worst for them...

wilsonm25
9/23/16

My experience is not yet over but it's smelling much like trying to get satisfaction from the Customer Service department of a telecom company.

I booked a tee-time for a group of four at a course on which we have played annually for more than 20 years. It has always been a pleasure playing there. This time the website booking transferred me to GolfNow. It was new to me but I entered my information and got a booking confirmation. I did hit the "Have you read the booking rules?" box although I hadn't read them, because the golf course's website front page told me that I would not be charged until we turned up to play.

My booking was the only one during a period of a couple of hours which told me that the course would not be busy.

I had to cancel - the first time ever - because a couple of the players couldn't make it. I called the golf course and the young lady told me she could cancel the tee-time but she couldn't refund my money; I had to contact GolfNow. I did so and got the runaround. I got back to the course and asked them to contact GolfNow. Next morning, I got a recorded 'phone message from GolfNow giving me a jumble of words that I didn't fully comprehend but it seemed to be that I wasn't getting a full-value voucher for the money that I'd paid. I got back to the golf course and left a message for the Director, which is, as yet, unanswered.

I shall never again use GolfNow; I didn't choose to use it in this exercise. We shall never return to the golf course. I shall tell ever golfer that I know about this rip-off.

I expect that many courses are going to have people like me who are, sorry, I mean who were regular customers, not return.

garyr67
7/7/16

Clearly states in the commercial that you can cancel any tee time WITH OUT A PENALTY!!
Not true. When you book a tee time, GolfNow snatches almost $5 booking fee and maybe a couple of dollars for a partial greens fee. I made a tee time and saw that I made it for the wrong time. I went to the course web site and found the right time much cheaper. I cancelled GolfNow tee time and made the correct booking from the course site. I received $2.77 back on my card. The almost $5 was not removed as the fine print says (except for booking fee) This is a PENALTY for using GolfNow. Their booking fee, added to the greens fee, nearly negates any discount. Thanks GolfNow. I will refer to them as GolfNever from now on.

robertb205
6/17/16

Golf now is a scam I don't know why so many courses use this service .it causes them to lose more money then they make build your own website give your own discounts and pocket all your money this company is making money doing what you could do yourself and they sure don't help the costumers. Get smart people call the course your self and quit paying these crooks at golf now for doing nothing.

edwardr33
5/18/16

What a Joke!!!!!!! Bye Bye Golfnow rest in peace.

nelsonw11
5/2/16

I booked through golf now, went to the course and paid for the round we played the a month later was charged no show fee that was FULL PRICE FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP. Tried to settle with golf now and course but they each claimed the other owed the refund. I would give 0 but one is the lowest rating. Stay away. Don't give your credit card information to them.

bradl555
4/25/16

This is my second issue with them. First time: we got rained out- we went to the course and it get shut down before we could play, and they charged me a full price no "show fee". I tried calling their customer support line and got absolutely nowhere, spoke to 4 different people including a supervisor, spent hours on the phone, and got promises of a refund that never happened. Second time: Needed to change my reservation from a 2some to a 3some, they said they already sold the other spots and there were no more tee times available, so I cancelled my tee time and we went to another course without Golfnow. Three weeks later they charged me a no show fee. This is a horrible company: as an avid golfer I suggest no one use Golfnow especially.

tommyr14
4/25/16

This past weekend I paid on-line fees of $9.96 for four golfers with $196.00 due at the course. When we arrived for our tee time I was highly disappointed to learn the guy in front of me only paid $49.50 for his round. As it turns out we paid $2.49 more per golfer because we decided to use Golf Now... Never again.. No more booking through Golf Now for me... My advice to those still using Golf Now... I highly recommend checking the course price before booking through these rip off artist...

markn69
4/24/16

If it rains, you are screwed, and will not get your money back. What you will get is a ridiculously limited rain check that is virtually unusable.

Never again!

neals28
4/20/16

It's a bit complicated but ... I made a reservation, I gave my credit card info and was charged just the reservation fee. The next day I found the course was not the one we wanted to play, I called Golf Now to change to the other course at the facility. They changed to the correct course at a later time and sent me an email with a confirmation. At 1 minute before their office closed they sent me an email cancelling the reservation stating that the facility could not honor that tee time without giving any reason. This morning my bank account was overdrawn because they charged me the full amount for all 3 players without receiving my authorization. They claim they issued a refund , but you know how banks are.....quick to take money out, slow to put it back in. They ( Golf Now) did nothing to compensate me for the overdraft fees or any type of an apology. NEVER AGAIN!!!

rancep
4/19/16

I was going to book a Hot Deal for 30 dollars. Upon checking out I noticed a $6.60 Convenience Fee and Sales Tax (Estimated) added on. 22 percent?????? Golfnow could at least add a little lube with that fee for my convenience.

julieh102
4/13/16

I booked tee times in Fort Myers thru golf logix who uses golf now, was given a $36. Rate but charged $41, was told I would get a 20% discount I did not receive. The charge I checked out with was $103. Was actually charged $166. Will not use them again.

michaelb336
4/7/16

Be prepared to play in the rain or any other horrid weather conditions or you won't get your money back.

jayk57
4/1/16

I was given a golfnow gift card as a Christmas present. I was elated - however, now that I'm actually trying to use it I'm finding that one in particular (Sherrill Park - near Dallas) refused to accept. At least do your homework and call the course for confirmation even if it is listed on the Golfnow web page.

richc34
3/22/16

Most of the course green fees are not discounted.....lot of them pay more through GOLF NOW.COM

greggn1
3/13/16

Other sites have cheaper service fees. Easier to call course and save this fee. Used to be good 3 years ago. Not anymore. Look at all the complaints. There site has come and gone.

johna482
3/9/16

Everyone who works in the orlando office knows its a scam; a very hard job. Their technology and customer service is crap They only sell their trade times..

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question