US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jeffd40

I have been using this site for 5+ years and use it to book almost every tee time I reserve. (in 81 reviews)

anthonyc2

The golf course,The Highlands of Elgin (IL), charged $6 more than the stated tee time rate?! (in 34 reviews)

hillardb13

The service at the GolfNow website has gotten worse & worse and now they have raised their booking fee to $3.49! (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

garyr67
7/7/16

Clearly states in the commercial that you can cancel any tee time WITH OUT A PENALTY!!
Not true. When you book a tee time, GolfNow snatches almost $5 booking fee and maybe a couple of dollars for a partial greens fee. I made a tee time and saw that I made it for the wrong time. I went to the course web site and found the right time much cheaper. I cancelled GolfNow tee time and made the correct booking from the course site. I received $2.77 back on my card. The almost $5 was not removed as the fine print says (except for booking fee) This is a PENALTY for using GolfNow. Their booking fee, added to the greens fee, nearly negates any discount. Thanks GolfNow. I will refer to them as GolfNever from now on.

robertb205
6/17/16

Golf now is a scam I don't know why so many courses use this service .it causes them to lose more money then they make build your own website give your own discounts and pocket all your money this company is making money doing what you could do yourself and they sure don't help the costumers. Get smart people call the course your self and quit paying these crooks at golf now for doing nothing.

edwardr33
5/18/16

What a Joke!!!!!!! Bye Bye Golfnow rest in peace.

nelsonw11
5/2/16

I booked through golf now, went to the course and paid for the round we played the a month later was charged no show fee that was FULL PRICE FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP. Tried to settle with golf now and course but they each claimed the other owed the refund. I would give 0 but one is the lowest rating. Stay away. Don't give your credit card information to them.

bradl555
4/25/16

This is my second issue with them. First time: we got rained out- we went to the course and it get shut down before we could play, and they charged me a full price no "show fee". I tried calling their customer support line and got absolutely nowhere, spoke to 4 different people including a supervisor, spent hours on the phone, and got promises of a refund that never happened. Second time: Needed to change my reservation from a 2some to a 3some, they said they already sold the other spots and there were no more tee times available, so I cancelled my tee time and we went to another course without Golfnow. Three weeks later they charged me a no show fee. This is a horrible company: as an avid golfer I suggest no one use Golfnow especially.

tommyr14
4/25/16

This past weekend I paid on-line fees of $9.96 for four golfers with $196.00 due at the course. When we arrived for our tee time I was highly disappointed to learn the guy in front of me only paid $49.50 for his round. As it turns out we paid $2.49 more per golfer because we decided to use Golf Now... Never again.. No more booking through Golf Now for me... My advice to those still using Golf Now... I highly recommend checking the course price before booking through these rip off artist...

markn69
4/24/16

If it rains, you are screwed, and will not get your money back. What you will get is a ridiculously limited rain check that is virtually unusable.

Never again!

neals28
4/20/16

It's a bit complicated but ... I made a reservation, I gave my credit card info and was charged just the reservation fee. The next day I found the course was not the one we wanted to play, I called Golf Now to change to the other course at the facility. They changed to the correct course at a later time and sent me an email with a confirmation. At 1 minute before their office closed they sent me an email cancelling the reservation stating that the facility could not honor that tee time without giving any reason. This morning my bank account was overdrawn because they charged me the full amount for all 3 players without receiving my authorization. They claim they issued a refund , but you know how banks are.....quick to take money out, slow to put it back in. They ( Golf Now) did nothing to compensate me for the overdraft fees or any type of an apology. NEVER AGAIN!!!

rancep
4/19/16

I was going to book a Hot Deal for 30 dollars. Upon checking out I noticed a $6.60 Convenience Fee and Sales Tax (Estimated) added on. 22 percent?????? Golfnow could at least add a little lube with that fee for my convenience.

julieh102
4/13/16

I booked tee times in Fort Myers thru golf logix who uses golf now, was given a $36. Rate but charged $41, was told I would get a 20% discount I did not receive. The charge I checked out with was $103. Was actually charged $166. Will not use them again.

michaelb336
4/7/16

Be prepared to play in the rain or any other horrid weather conditions or you won't get your money back.

jayk57
4/1/16

I was given a golfnow gift card as a Christmas present. I was elated - however, now that I'm actually trying to use it I'm finding that one in particular (Sherrill Park - near Dallas) refused to accept. At least do your homework and call the course for confirmation even if it is listed on the Golfnow web page.

richc34
3/22/16

Most of the course green fees are not discounted.....lot of them pay more through GOLF NOW.COM

greggn1
3/13/16

Other sites have cheaper service fees. Easier to call course and save this fee. Used to be good 3 years ago. Not anymore. Look at all the complaints. There site has come and gone.

johna482
3/9/16

Everyone who works in the orlando office knows its a scam; a very hard job. Their technology and customer service is crap They only sell their trade times..

kith6
3/8/16

The problem starts with their website. Firstly there are no great deals as they advertise. But when I hit the back button on my phone it kept on taking me to a different location. It wasn't until after I booked 1 round in Florida while I was in Arizona that the problem occurred. I could not figure out how to delete the ground on their website and figured I would take care of it when I got back to Colorado. It was quite a surprise to see the $180 charge on my card when I got home. I thought all I was going to have to call them about was the $5 booking fee. They would not refund my $180 even though I was clear across the country. I would have been happy to let them have their booking fee but not be charged for the round. I wish I would have found this site before so that I would have been wise to them. Please do not do business with Golf now.

lons23
2/25/16

Prior to finalizing purchase I called the course whose fee undercut golf now gy $11. I did not knowingly complete the online purchase and therefore did not audit my tee time which was mistakenly input for the following month. Somehow the transaction was completed. So I was unknowingly an inadvertent no show. Golf now directed me to call the course to approve charge reversal. I blame golf myself for input error and GN for failing to provide email confirmation for costly tee times for error correction.

andyv12
2/22/16

I purchased two deals from deal caddy for $198. They were never able to be used and expired. I thought Golfnow would do the correct thing and at least give me a voucher for the unused vouchers. They fooled me so shame on them.They will never get my or any of my friends business again. POS company

Tip for consumers: Don't expect them to do the right thing

heathere14
2/11/16

Colony Glades, Cannot tell fairways from greens. Rough shape. No sand traps. All over grown and filled in. Poor greens. Lots of repairs. Only one washroom. Only saw refreshment cart once PSA

terryo19
2/10/16

Booked a course in Florida online with GolfNow. Received a confirmation that my card would immediately be charged $2.95 - which it was - and the balance of the fee paid at the club when I arrived. The course charged me the full price and GolfNow game me some vague explanation that it was not their responsibility.
Instead of booking through GolfNow I would recommend using them for research but book directly with the club and same a couple bucks.

williamc151
1/27/16

Booked on-line and ended up with 26 percent taxes and fees. Ouch!

anthonyc100
1/6/16

I think Golf now is doing what they do is because they want you to use the Hot Deals. They get 100% of the money earned from the booking. They done care about the booking fee.

mjmm
1/2/16

Has anyone else noticed the corporate greed evolving with GolfNow? They have gone from offering serious savings, to hit and miss savings. Sometimes, the golf course actually has better rates if you book directly with the course. Also, in the past, GN would have no additional booking fees. Last year they started at about $1.50 per round, to $2.50 per round half way through the season and then finished at about $3.50 per round. With the roll out of their new rewards program for 2016, they are charging about $5.00 booking fee per individual round. That's $20.00 on a foursome. If that isn't enough, the rewards program has gone from truly rewarding frequent golfers, to maybe a break even after 50 rounds to slightly ahead after 100 rounds in a year. They have gone from a service to a rip-off!

brianm173
1/1/16

As Golf Now grows a larger number of members the competition for tee times on the hot deals gets tougher. Most of the tee times are just before the rates would have gone down anyways so when you ad a booking few which in my area is up from $2 a round now $3.50 and the fact that they used to waive booking fees after 10 rounds you are paying for your own rewards with these fees and in fact are getting nothing for free. I booked the 1st year over 50 rounds and the second and 3rd year the fees were waived as customer loyalty program. This year I was down to 30 rounds and less likely to book with them much more this year. I play a lot as a single and am flexible to go last minute and in this area there are still some decent deals to be had. Golf now gets 100% of all money on the hot deals and some courses hate the golf now customers. They do not need to charge booking fees on hot deals it reeks of greed.

stevem227
12/29/15

Golfnow is downgrading their reward program. I did the math and if I were to do the same amount of bookings in 2016 I end up with half as much free golf as last year AND no free Srixon/Cleveland goods. So for the second consecutive year they’ve managed to roll out a new program lessens the incentive to use their service (last year you took away free bookings after 10 reservations). Way to go Golfnow – you’re making the competition look better and better. No wonder a few courses in the area have dropped your services.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question