Review of GolfNow

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

loreno3
5/18/17

The fees are ridiculous! You can have up to 30$ fees for booking a tee off for 4 golfers. They charge the Golfer and the Golf Clubs for using their services. Double charging at both ends. It about time the Golf Clubs build and maintain their own online booking sites. I do all I can to book directly either by phone or on the Clubs websites, thus bypassing or simply avoiding GOLF NOW. USER BEWARE! YOU ARE NOT SAVING AS MUCH AS YOU THINK! DO THE MATH ! It is by complaining to the Golf Clubs that maybe things will change. It shouldn't be so expensive to book a tee off time. To think GOLFNOW is owned by the Golf Chanel (Comcast).
Not impressed!

bkh
5/4/17

3 day advance on Hot Deals. Unreal. 4 years ago I booked so many rounds with them I was getting new clubs and balls every 6 months from Cleveland Golf and Srixon. It used to be if you book 75 rounds in 1 year you got $200 dollar to spend on their sites. And at 100 you got $250 off a Hot Deal....I had already reached that in 3 months and had to wind up creating 2 more accounts to get additional credits. I average about 250 rounds a year. But now with these changes. It started with dropping CG and Srixon and going to this $10 for $100 crap. And you can't even use it at certain clubs (a majority of which I use in Hartford, Dallas, and beyond)....moving to Supremegolf.com (its a tee time data warehouse for techies...kinda' like Travelocity). You don't get the credit but at least there are more options.

Once a happy Golfnow.com customer....NOW TRULY DISPAPPOINTED,
BKH

rebeccah100
5/4/17

My husband and I run a family owned course in a small town. We thought maybe going with golf now would bring us new patrons and help our newly opened business do a little better. It did not end up being profitable for us. We tried to cancel but we're told it would cost a ridiculous amount to cancel our contract. Reluctantly we stayed and tried to cancel the following year only to be told our contract automatically renewed. No notice, no call, no email to inform us about the auto renew. Our rep knew we needed to cancel and said not one word. We are now told we can discuss matters with their lawyers. I find it so sad that people nor companies have no honor these days. It's all about taking advantage of the little guy that can't fight back. If you're a well established course then try your luck but if you're not or just starting out be prepared to get screwed!

glennj10
5/3/17

GolfNow worked hard to build a good product, and they did! Now, they are destroying it quickly. Recent changes to the VIP and reward programs have stripped them of all value. They reduced the rewards earned by VIP members from 2x to 1.25x. Rewards can now only be used if you book at least three days in advance - a major disadvantage. Plus, their prices in my area have skyrocketed. The bean counters have taken over and have ruined a good company. Stay away! Try TeeOff.com instead. They have recently eliminated booking fees.

rodneyf16
5/3/17

CHANGING BOOKINGS TO 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE IS INSANITY! OKAY I BOOKED 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE NOW ITS POURING DOWN RAIN COURSE IS STILL OPEN FOR TARDS SO GOLF NOW WONT REFUND OUR MONEY BECAUSE COURSE IS OPEN!! BS WHO WANTS TO GOLF IN POURING RAIN! BSBSBS!!!!

aw202
4/29/17

Paid for my 1 year VIP membership March 1, now two months later am told I can no longer use my rewards the day of...must book 3 days in advance. Well 3 days in advance the rates are 25% higher. My rewards are now worthless. What they did was change the rules in the middle of the round, in my book that is CHEATING.

terryc97
4/28/17

Warning VIP contract changes made April 27, 2017 and not to Customers good.

VIP Changes made, and not to the customers good, beware,
I have used Golf Now for a number of years. Bought their VIP package in Feb. I worked great as we book the day before. Just got an email from them, April 28, they have changed the terms, and not to the customers good. One now has to book at least 3 days out to use the promo code $10 rebate. Phoned them and they said they can do what they want, screw the customer after we get their money. They also dropped email support. He said their server was not big enough. I almost thought I was talking to United Airlines.

billh153
4/27/17

Golf now continues its downhill slide. I have been a member for many years and seen many changes - almost all for the worst. Used to have over 12 courses in my greater Charleston SC area but now have three. Used to have no booking fees after 10 rounds each year now have fees each time. Used to have a single fee regardless of number of golfers but now have fees for each golfer in group. Used to get a hot deal for every 10 bookings but now get points which allow $10 off for every 100 points earned. Fees charged for each round say "online fees and taxes", are there really "taxes"? Or, is it just some way to justify an additional payment - I've never seen a detailed receipt. Now the latest change in terms requires a promo booking or rewards booking to be done three days in advance. As I said - the downhill slide continues.

Tip for consumers: Look elsewhere

kyleg35
4/24/17

It looks like all of the reviews are sob stories of people that had to cancel their round or made a mistake and booked the wrong day. How is your stupidity Golfnow's fault? I have been using Golfnow for 4 years now and have never had any issues. I have never paid more than $3.49 per person in fees, so I'm not sure why people said it costs $9 per person. Even if you add the fees, the rates are so good that it is still way cheaper than the normal rate the course is charging. I have also received 2 dozen Taylormade Tour Preferred golf balls just for using the site. I have had to contact customer service twice because weather prevented the course from opening after I had already prepaid for the tee time. The customer service people were very polite and helpful and I received a refund quickly. Using Golfnow has allowed me to be able to afford more rounds of golf per year which is exactly what the service is intended to do.

davidw455
4/18/17

Have booked through GolfNow for over 12 years. Used to receive one free tee time for every 10 bookings. now, you can get $10.00 off a single "Hot Deal" tee time after every 5 bookings of "Hot Deal" tee times or 10 regular time bookings. Used to pay one single booking fee no matter the number of players (up to 4). Now you pay booking fees for each person in your group though you are only booking 1 tee time.
I have booked tee times that didn`t exist when I arrived at the course several times. On April 2, 2017, I booked a tee time for 2 players on Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11:53am. When I went to print the confirmation page on the night of Saturday the 15th, I discovered that my tee time had been changed to that very day at 11:53am. After checking my bank account, I found that I had been charged for the tee time. Since it was now nearly midnight and I could not reach my playing partner to inform him of the mix up, I re-booked for Sunday at 12:00 noon and decided to contact GolfNow later to resolve the issue. Now I have paid for two tee times. GolfNow`s response (I believe that last caller was Rauol) was that the mistake was mine and that there was nothing they could (would is more like it) do about the problem.
In the past 5+ years, I have never booked a tee time for earlier than 12:30 or 1:00pm becuase I am at work until noon EVERY Saturday and it is, virtually, impossible for me to get to any golf course before 12:15 much less, change my shoes, check in, hit practice balls, and tee off in time. Even the first person I spoke with acknowledged this to be true.
It is getting to be too expensive to use GolfNow, especially with so many free services out there. Their customer service consists of their telling you, in not quite so few words, "It`s your problem. We don`t care. We have your money". Just like the Golf Channel, a complete waste of time.

Tip for consumers: Use something else like teeoff.com. It`s free and if the service sucks, well, it won`t cost you anything.

lynnek18
4/16/17

Golf now has no communication with the golf courses... your better off paying the extra dollars and working with the golf course. This company is a money grab and offers no customer service once they collect the fee they are done with you.

marvinf15
4/3/17

They will entice you to book on lower green fees but they will charge you ridiculous booking fees as high as $8 per player with poor customer service support. Teeoff.com is much better, free booking fees!

yvanp
3/8/17

Wyboo golf is a 5 star wow for All is Arizona style golf. Greens where so nice , Fairways with its colorful green and yellow rough made me feel in Arizona.Its worth to drove 15 min from highway 95
cause i find it so peaceful . Go play Wyboo Amigo Golfers

richl35
2/15/17

My wife and I had a reservation thru Golfnow in Florida. Unfortunately she became ill. I called more than 24 hours in advance of our t-time to cancel. They refused to give me a cancelation refund. I suppose even if you died they would refuse a refund. They are at the top of my list for extremely poor customer service and corporate greed.

kayk25
2/10/17

I made a reservation on Redhawk golf course in Temecula, CA own website, not on GolfNow website, for 3 senior players, however, at check out I was charged GolfNow transaction fee automatically even if I didn't make a reservation on GolfNow website. A day before I called a golf course proshop, cancelled a reservation because it is expected rain on that day. I asked a person in the proshop about GolfNow transaction fee charged automatically when a reservation was made, said I need to call GolfNow. Then I called GolfNow customer service explained the situation to get a refund, all I was told to call back tomorrow to find out a golf course is closed, then refund may issued. As you know, most of golf courses never closed unless weather condition is really severe. I immediately cancel GolfNow account. I will never use GolfNow and play at Redhawk golf course again. It is just RIP-OFF!!!

fredb76
12/9/16

Book 4 rounds of golf at the Pines in Tucson Arizona for $49 per player when I got to the course I found out the price was $37 around if I had booked it at the course. Golfnow.com rip me off for $12 plus $10 booking fees. I will never use booking.com again.

archieu
11/22/16

Was told my expired coupon was good for face value at the course, when I showed up it was not honored. I called 3 times to Dealcaddy (golf now) to finally be told that it was not going to be honored and they could do nothing about it.

terrys124
10/13/16

GolfNow is a ripoff. Daughters bought me a gift certificate. I tried to used, but balance was only credited to GolfNow fees. When I found this out, I canceled and requested a refund. I was told because I tried to use, no refund was available.

gerryo6
10/11/16

Booked a course for 4 people. Noticed on the confirmation that I booked wrong date. Cancelled within one hour of booking. GolfNow sent email saying that tee time was cancelled and that I would receive a refund. I didn't get refund so I called. They said super deals are not refundable as per our policy. I sent an email asking why they confirmed cancellation in email and they did not respond. All they had to say was no cancellation and I would of made tee time instead of wasting money. Sent four follow up emails with NO RESPONSE. Very poor customer service. Would not use this company again

Tip for consumers: Use other booking sites

patrickk53
10/9/16

DON'T use this company. My wife cut 3 fingers, requiring 7 stitches. We have the medical report from the emergency room and personal doctor, and pictures. We called at couple days in advance, still no refund!!!!

Lucky for us, I believe the pro at the course is ethical and will make good with a replacement round, unlike these scumbags...

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY

rogerp37
9/23/16

this is golf. things change, people drop out, the weather forecast changes. i prepaid $300 for a tee time for 4 people over the phone because i was in a rush, and now there's a 90-100% chance of rain on the day of our tee-time so obviously i'd like to make other plans. when i explain it that way they cite their "brand new" policy of absolutely no refunds unless the course closes due to weather, meaning i have to sit standby in the 5% off chance i can still play in soggy conditions. why not just issue me a credit and release the tee time? or better yet just charge me the difference between the hot deal vs normal price?? i mean the normal price tee times are eligible for cancellations right? this is a dumb policy that's going to cost them. i used to think highly of golfnow, now i completely loathe this company. i hope the absolute worst for them...

wilsonm25
9/23/16

My experience is not yet over but it's smelling much like trying to get satisfaction from the Customer Service department of a telecom company.

I booked a tee-time for a group of four at a course on which we have played annually for more than 20 years. It has always been a pleasure playing there. This time the website booking transferred me to GolfNow. It was new to me but I entered my information and got a booking confirmation. I did hit the "Have you read the booking rules?" box although I hadn't read them, because the golf course's website front page told me that I would not be charged until we turned up to play.

My booking was the only one during a period of a couple of hours which told me that the course would not be busy.

I had to cancel - the first time ever - because a couple of the players couldn't make it. I called the golf course and the young lady told me she could cancel the tee-time but she couldn't refund my money; I had to contact GolfNow. I did so and got the runaround. I got back to the course and asked them to contact GolfNow. Next morning, I got a recorded 'phone message from GolfNow giving me a jumble of words that I didn't fully comprehend but it seemed to be that I wasn't getting a full-value voucher for the money that I'd paid. I got back to the golf course and left a message for the Director, which is, as yet, unanswered.

I shall never again use GolfNow; I didn't choose to use it in this exercise. We shall never return to the golf course. I shall tell ever golfer that I know about this rip-off.

I expect that many courses are going to have people like me who are, sorry, I mean who were regular customers, not return.

garyr67
7/7/16

Clearly states in the commercial that you can cancel any tee time WITH OUT A PENALTY!!
Not true. When you book a tee time, GolfNow snatches almost $5 booking fee and maybe a couple of dollars for a partial greens fee. I made a tee time and saw that I made it for the wrong time. I went to the course web site and found the right time much cheaper. I cancelled GolfNow tee time and made the correct booking from the course site. I received $2.77 back on my card. The almost $5 was not removed as the fine print says (except for booking fee) This is a PENALTY for using GolfNow. Their booking fee, added to the greens fee, nearly negates any discount. Thanks GolfNow. I will refer to them as GolfNever from now on.

robertb205
6/17/16

Golf now is a scam I don't know why so many courses use this service .it causes them to lose more money then they make build your own website give your own discounts and pocket all your money this company is making money doing what you could do yourself and they sure don't help the costumers. Get smart people call the course your self and quit paying these crooks at golf now for doing nothing.

edwardr33
5/18/16

What a Joke!!!!!!! Bye Bye Golfnow rest in peace.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GolfNow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
howardk19
Howard K.
on 4/24/16
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the GolfNow staff and other customers.

GolfNow?