US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

modous
12/5/16

We bought a lot of 50 iphone 6 plus described all working clean esn with all unlocked. First they only delivered 39 pcs wich they acnoleged but tge16 of non working, water damaged,bad screen,bad esn,and not unlocked they refused to change or refund any of them.
Don't go near them

johng408
11/23/16

I purchased an Iphone and it was refurbished. It had a 30 day warranty but it died after 60 days. The phone was not able to be repaired, the circuit board was not responding after a diagnostic test. I was willing to pay for repair but this phone was dead. For the cost of the phone, 60 days of usage is unacceptable. They would not refund any part of the price and made no effort to help with this situation.

sillys1
11/22/16

Shame on me for giving them more than one chance! I ordered an IPhone and they sent an unlocked phone instead of what the invoice and order had indicated. Second time they did not send the correct phone. They send one with less gb than what I ordered and paid for. I called and they lacked the ability to resolve the issue of returning the phone and putting myself out without a phone to use. When I originally started this process I had an old phone to use during the transition.

johnw564
11/4/16

I sent in a perfectly working iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 to Gazelle. I had just switched cell carriers the previous day so had no use for the phones. I cleared both phones, reset them, and followed the shipping instructions. (They sent one box barely big enough for both phones to fit) After a week I received a notice that they were going to honor the quote for the iPhone 5 but that the iPhone 6 wouldn't "power on". I asked for a review, and got the same generic response. Knowing I never had any problem with that phone (it was the phone I was using!) and having tested them both before I sent them, the only reasonable explanation is that the device was either damaged in shipping or mishandled by whoever was checking the condition of the phone. So I decided I would check for myself and asked them to return the phone to me...yet they never responded. So either they damaged the phone themselves or lied about the condition so they could offer me less. DO NOT trust this company!

yanaf1
11/2/16

Do NOT send your phone or device to this site!!! They offer you a good price, it takes forever for their packaging box to arrive, then it takes forever for them to receive it and "assess" it. Then you get a little more than half of their original quote!!! The SLIMIEST business practice EVER!!!! They find problems or scratches that did not exist when you send them your phone!!! I only had my phone for a year and used the most expensive otter case and screen cover. ALWAYS!!!!! Don't fall for their BAIT AND SWITCH tactic. This business is a LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!! And I know!!! My son is a lawyer!!! This company board members need to check what their employees are doing, unless they want to lose everything in hundreds if not thousands of cases!!! WAKE UP BOARD MEMBERS!!!!! THIS IS NOT AN HONEST WAY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS IN USA!!! YOU WILL END UP PAYING FOR IT, IF THIS PRACTICE DOES NOT CHANGE!!!!

susanf105
10/18/16

On September 18 I mailed an iPhone 6S silver AT&T to Gazelle for $282 reimbursement. This phone was erased by the head of IT at my company. iTunes sent me a verification that this phone had been removed from Find My Phone.

On September 25 , Gazelle sent me an email saying that the phone was locked by an Apple ID.
Again, I had the head of IT check my Apple ID and it was not being used for this phone. I asked Gazelle to return my phone so I could sell it to Amazon before an October 3 deadline .
After numerous calls over a two week period, I finally got my phone back on Saturday, October 15. Today I stood in line at the Apple store for one hour since it is impossible to get a Genius Bar reservation on such short notice. Luckily an Apple Store representative assisted me. The Apple Store required my original receipt and I also had the original box to show them that I was the original owner. The phone was locked by a u*****@iCloud login.
The Apple Store representative told me the last person to sign on using an Apple ID was a company named Gazelle. Obviously an employee signed on and then forgot the password. The Apple Store removed the Gazelle login information . However I have missed the October 3 deadline to submit the phone to Amazon. Now the phone value has decreased by almost $100. I called Gazelle and talked to Victoria today. She acknowledged that Gazelle is having problems with locked phones but would not take responsibility or offer any kind of financial recourse .
Do not sell your phone to Gazelle!

billb184
10/17/16

I have purchased my last phone from Gazelle. I had no problems with the previous 2 phones purchased from them. This last one had problems with the charger. I have sent 2 e-mails to their customer service and haven't heard a word back from them. This was 1 month ago.

santiagom27
10/15/16

I purchased an iPhone 6s from Gazelle on 10/8 through PayPal. The payment was processed the same day. Later that day I receive an e-mail from Gazelle stating that my order had been cancelled. I contacted Customer Support and they stated that the order had been cancelled by the Order Management Team and that the charges to the account would be reversed within 1 - 3 business days. It has now been 7 days and the funds have not been reversed. Attempted to further contact Gazelle with no luck, had to submit a dispute through PayPal to which they did not respond and had to be escalated, had to submit a complaint with the BBB and submit a chargeback to my Credit Card. Still awaiting a response from Gazelle on any of those fronts. Bottom line, this company has deceptive practices with questionable financial tactics that are at minimum negligent if not downright criminal.

andrewp110
10/15/16

Sent in my MacBook Pro because they offered $180. Figured I'd be nice and send in all the original equipment I saved for the past seven years. They came back at me with an insulting offer of $20 after they received my MacBook. Obviously I refused and had them send it back. I guess this angered someone there? Because they decided to keep my power adaptor and discs. I can only assume they used my adapter to sell to someone else. This to me is unacceptable and deplorable as a business practice. I'm pursuing legal action. I don't care about the $40 adapter but the fact that they stole it from me as well as my software is terrible business and I'm pretty sure illegal as well. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY WITH YOUR DEVICES UNLESS YOU DONT EVER CARE TO SEE YOUR THINGS AGAIN. The rep I talked to about my stolen property suggested I buy a new one. Gee really? Why hadn't I thought of that? What a joke of a business. Never again gazelle. You should change your name to hyena because they steal stuff to.

richardc204
10/11/16

Their customer service is hard to have anyone to help you. Its been 3 weeks and they were going to return the iPhone 6 plus but it seems like they cant find it or make excuse's on why its taking so long. I have called several times and multi e-mails with no help. I have sent in about 8 items so far but the last one is MIA ... WTH ... I had to call the Better Business Burial in to help me. This is unsat will never use this company ever again period.

marcusl27
10/10/16

I ordered a box 4 resale of my phone prior to the release of and buying the newer one. Waited weeks no box. Followed up couldn't find offer so requested new offer and now month after new model released offer went down by $20. No big deal. Powered up phone and wiped it as mailman waited for me to finish and box up. Got notice that my phone was damaged and wouldn't power on. They said they wanted to recycle it for me? I went thru their version of customer service which is a live chat in which someone gives u canned answers that have nothing to do with the questions you're asking. I had them reinspect the phone. Got same response. Phone won't power on. Rejected 0$ and again an offer you recycle my phone. Had them send it back to me. Pressed power button. Phone tried to start but went black. Obvious move here? I PLUGGED IT IN TO THE CHARGER!!! IT WAS ON WITHIN 5 MINUTES AND AT FULL CHARGE AN HOUR LATER (samsung fast charging). There was nothing wrong with the phone. Was a replacement for a phone I cracked the screen on so had never been out of case except to clean under screen protector and mail it to them. I had used them before and had no issue but I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! WASTE OF TIME. WHAT "TECH" WOULDN'T KNOW TO PLUG A PHONE UP IF IT GOES OFF DURING POWER ON SEQUENCE? retarded

kaytees
9/30/16

They emailed me giving me 2 days from when they received my phone to send it back to me, I had no idea that they would recycle my phone & give me no money, I had no idea when they would actually get my phone. Some bull$#*! story about my esn that had been cleared through my provider

adamc99
9/25/16

I agree with the other reviews on this site, gazelle is terrible. I have attempted to purchase 3 phones from them. The first one was an iphone 4 and it worked fine. The next was an iphone 5S and within one week of purchase it started having significant issues and I returned it (minus shipping on the original iphone and a 15 dollar restocking fee). The third phone was an iphone 6S that verizon told me was reported stolen immediately after I started using it. Gazelle charges prices that are much higher then ebay and craigslist and are so close to the price of a new phone, that it is not worth ever buying from this site. They do very poor quality control and you have a short window to return a defective phone. I gave up on buying used phones and just bought a new phone, but if I was still going the used route I would opt for ebay etc because there is absolutely no quality control that justifies the high prices gazelle charges.

vinnyf
9/9/16

I got a price on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32 gb) which is in perfect condition. They offer $200. Which according to there reviews they always seem to find a flaw which would bring it to good condition so the offer would be $185. The phone sells for over $700 new from T-Mobile. My phone has had a otter box case on since the day I got it which I put on in the store. The phone is perfect and they think $200 is fair? I sold it for $375 just for a quick sale probably could of got much more.

johnm864
9/2/16

How is gazelle still operating? Pretty ballsy of you guys to offer me $800 for a 2015 iMac 4K 1TB 32GB memory fully loaded computer! That's insane!! You guys must think everyone is desperate for cash or something lol I bet you would have bought my iMac for $800 to turn around and sell it for $2,000, lol dirtbags.

P.S and just for kicks i got a price quote on my new iPad Pro 12.9 128GB HD that retails for over $1,000 and of course they offered me $250 LOL unvalibable

jenniferd137
9/1/16

Luckily I read some reviews prior to sending in my iPhone. I went through the entire quote process and they offered me $45 for my perfectly fine iPhone 5. Look, I understand it's not extremely valuable but just for kicks I researched their site to see what they were reselling my exact same phone for: $175 and up. I know I won't get that selling to an individual but I may as well sell it locally and try to at least double what they offered me. Ridiculous.

sb176
8/29/16

Don't deal with this website. First anything they write on the website about what will happen if you purchase is bulls. You have no idea how long shipping will take (5 days and counting since I purchased and they took out of my account the funds) and you will have to call over and over and over to get anyone to answer the phone. If you chat they will give you the standard answers and then nothing will change. Lord help me if they ever do send the Iphone 6 I order since I no longer have faith that it will be a working phone. Going into 6th day and I still have no idea when or if the phone is comjing.

alyssac20
8/25/16

I have never been so upset about anything. I have ordered three phones. My first phone was glichy and never worked right then when I went to return it they cut my refund by $50 and I had to call twice to get the other 50 then ordered another one and I could not connect it to Verizon because it was a stolen phone. Now my third phone going back randomly goes black for 5 min.

tk45
8/16/16

The SD card failed within three months of purchasing. I called but they wouldn't budge about their 30-day return policy. BTW, this phone was listed as excellent.

Last month I went to AT&T to unlock it so I could use it while traveling, but they couldn't since it was still locked to someone's AT&T Next account and money was still owed. I called again, but they refused to listen, as they said if worked on AT&T, that was all that mattered. It clearly states on their website that all phones are free from monetary obligations.

I'll never even think about buying from them again, and suggest you stay away, also!

stanc35
8/1/16

We sent in a PERFECTLY good 2008 iMac, excellent condition - they told us it would not power up. We told them to return it. The returned iMac was NOT the one we sent and the keyboard they returned had missing keys - looked like JUNK. This is CLEARLY a bait and switch SCAM operation - DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

andrel19
7/5/16

I recently sent in my 16gb white iphone to gazelle.com. they offer me a reasonable price for it at first, a couple of days later the try to low ball me, the worst experience is trying to get them to send my phone back, they say there's no file on record I sent in a phone but I got the box I.d and tracking # but they still can't located my phone.I would never sell/buy also I would never ever ever recommend gazelle.com to anyone not even if they have a broken phone to sell.

martaw3
7/5/16

We have purchased 2 phones from Gazelle - the 1st phone worked well - so no problems. Six months later had need for a phone for another family member. We trusted Gazelle and purchased a 2nd. This phone was not in good shape. It was listed as fair condition. This is described as cosmetic issues. As soon as the phone arrived it had a line through the screen, some of the keys on the keypad did not respond. It is barely usable. The return process involves buyer going to a sender, no pick up at your home. They do not replace. They only refund in " several days " after receiving the phone.
People on the phone unhelpful and make you feel like sorry for your problem but it's your problem not ours. WE received THE PHONE IN NON WORKING ORDER!
Chat people even worse!
I would not recommend to anyone, nor would I use them again,

billr72
7/5/16

I used Gazelle in the past and it was a flawless service. I think all of these buy back companies now are all the same. They quoted me $240 and then when they received my phone adjusted the offer to $215. The reason stated was they said the phones had scratches, the phone was flawless and looked like it came right out of the box. If you want leads hustle I would just sell the device on EBay and not deal with the games.

mikek136
6/28/16

Sent me two defective iPhones in a row. I had to return them both. They claim that one of them got stolen in the mail and won't refund my money. For the other one they only refunded me for the price of the phone itself, but not for the protection policy I bought or the taxes and shipping. I'm not out ~$600.

I HATE GAZELLE, NEVER BUY FROM THEM. SCUM SCUM SCUM

cleb11
6/19/16

My iPhone 6 Plus stopped functioning a month after I received it. I wasted $600 on a phone that was "new" but it was crap. Of course they won't let you return the phone after a month. IT'S A SCAM DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. You will only end up being frustrated and terribly angry at Gazelle.

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gazelle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question