Review of Gazelle

Boston, MA 02210
customercare@gazelle.com

narishar
9/23/17

I was able to trade in my old devices for cash. I never thought the process would be very simple, fast and efficient! I got a check within days of gazelle receiving my products.

bradleyl19
9/21/17

Service is very fast and website is easy to manage. Gazelle gets a little picky on higher value items as far as discounting for very minor issues. Money is issued very fast as well.

scotts293
9/20/17

I ordered a phone on 9/7 and they immediately charged me for it, of course. I received an order confirmation, but I never received shipping/tracking information. I emailed them on 9/12 about this and received no response. I emailed them again on 9/13 and received no response. I finally called them on 9/19. After waiting on hold for quite some time, they told me they didn't have my product in stock. They told me they didn't update me regarding the status of my order and didn't respond to my emails because they were just too busy. They finally shipped my product today, but they said they couldn't expedite shipping to overnight because the process--suddenly!--was already too deep with the warehouse to change anything. I'll finally get my phone on Saturday (projected delivery). Just keep customers updated if orders can't be fulfilled--and at the very least respond to repeated inquiries. End of the day: I'm getting charged for product and service they didn't deliver. I'm contemplating contacting the BBB.

alana223
Alan A.
9/20/17

The process works really well. Simple, easy, sell with a few clicks and the many appears in your account

suef38
9/20/17

Cancelled my order that they NEVER bothered to ship..spent 4 calls this morning regarding where my refund was..on hold for22 minutes!! Than he tells me some bulk$#*! about my bank..IT WAS ON A CREDIT CARD..I questioned him..HE DID NOT LIKE IT AND STARTED YELLING AT ME!! I asked for an email re: the refund..said they don't do that ..THAN HE HUNG UP ON ME!! So to sum up my NIGHTMARE OF A TRANSACTION..THEY never shipped my product2wks)..I called to cancel..4 weeks later I'm fighting for my REFUND.,

kkc5
9/19/17

I'm a 15 year old. I have no job and no allowance. I saved up my money for a iphone 7. read goof reveiws about Gazelle and though i'd try it out. They sold me a phone that was BROKEN!!!!!!!!!! A few days after the 30 day return policy expired. It stopped connecting to service. I took it to apple and at&t and they both said i had a broken phone. the outside was fine, but the phone's inside had a problem. They diagnosed it with a broken attena. NEVER EVER BUY A PHONE FROM GAZELLE. IT'S A $#*!ING WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Apple has amazing refurbished phones. My aunt has had one for YEARS and it owkrs great.

jeand74
9/18/17

Easy process and received payment in no time. Would highly recommend Gazelle to friends and family. Have used twice and no issues.

michaelr384
9/18/17

Gazelle did a great job of trying to make the process smooth. Got good value for my old machines, where I couldn't find any deals anywhere else.

lisae101
9/16/17

Once an item is sold to you, you are basically on your own even with the warranty still active. Beware scams.

joelr43
9/16/17

I've used Gazelle several times and they've always paid me the quoted amount. This time they went above and beyond and noted my iPhone was in better shape than expected and they added $10 the final payment.

landonb16
9/16/17

There is no formal return process for a Gazelle purchase. I didn't have any issues ordering or receiving my used iPhone 5s, but the battery life is very short and it is nearly the slowest phone I've ever used including my nearly 5 year old iPhone 5. All the buttons worked and cosmetically it was fine but along with the battery and slow processing the service is spotty in places its never been with another phone and is often showing there is no sim card installed. These aren't unexpected problems on a used phone but I'd hoped for something more usable and wanted to return it. They brag quite freely about their "Easy 30-day returns" but searching their site the only option they give for returns is "contact us." (there isn't any single page or link to make a request.) After multiple emails with not any response whatsoever I began looking more into honest reviews from third party sites. Seeing so many who didn't even get a check when they did send it back I think I'll chalk this one up to experience and never do business with them again.

Their "return policy" copied from the site:

"Do you accept returns?
We want you to be completely satisfied with Gazelle products. We accept returns requests for 30 days following delivery, as long as the item is in the same condition in which it was delivered.
To return an item, simply contact us with the reason for your return. We will provide a prepaid return label through either USPS or FedEx Ground services, and we will issue a refund minus a $15 restocking fee to the original payment source within 5 days of receiving the item back.
If this doesn't answer your question, please call us at 1-800-Gazelle or email us through the contact us form!"

Tip for consumers: You get what you get so don't think you can try a phone and return if you don't like it!

robinp78
9/15/17

I would use Gazelle again to sell laptops. They make it very turnkey. Wiping the laptop was the hardest part but that would have to be done no matter who you used to sell to. I loved that they sent me the box, padding and shipping label. So Easy!

brandonw59
9/14/17

No issues, quick sale. Smooth transaction from start to finish. Would sell my electronic items to them again.

sharonp107
9/13/17

I've sold a few phones to Gazelle. Good prices (better than what the carriers would give me in trade-in value) and an easy process. I always exchange for an Amazon gift card, which gives more value and is super convenient.

I treat my phones really well, and have wondered, from time to time, if I could get away with calling their condition "like new" rather than just "good" on Gazelle, for the higher trade-in value. But I always go with "good." This last time, after I sent in my "good" phone, GAZELLE decided it fit the higher condition, so actually RAISED MY OFFER. This made me happy (more money, yay) but also made me think they're honest businesspeople.

malic5
9/13/17

I love selling electronics on gazelle. They are very user friendly. Their customer service was awesome.

lorenau1
9/8/17

I had used Gazelle once and all went fine. I decided to try to it out again and never received my check

maryannl8
9/8/17

had 2 IPADs for sale, was given a price, followed instruction on return and then received an email stating they found one of the IPads in better condition and I stated and received additional money ! Wow, what a great, honest company. I will definitely deal with Gazelle in the future. Its out of the ordinary to be honest now a day so when a company is HONEST, they should be supported. thank you Gazelle

stevef137
9/7/17

I bought an iPhone 6 Plus, paid for the quicker shipping. They didn't ship it on time apparently they needed 2 days just to process my order. I had to change my travel plans. I had the phone a couple of weeks, it only worked about half of the time. I sent it back several weeks ago for a refund. I still don't have the refund!!!! Do not do business with this company! They are the worst!!

ralphw36
9/7/17

I go to Gazelle when I need to trade electronics back, the price was decent. The whole experience was good!

bobb1352
9/6/17

I sold my iPhone 6 to Gazelle and was given a fair price upfront. The phone was in perfect condition and unlocked. However, when they received it they said it had a scratch on it and adjusted the offer. The adjustment was about 10% of the offer. I'm sure they feel that after going through the trouble one goes through to get it unlocked and mailed in you will just accept the offer, as I did.

chrisb410
9/6/17

Purchased a MacBook Pro for $1600 and selected express shipping. Called the, the next day to ask if I would have it by the weekend which they guaranteed I would. Three weeks and 7 phone calls later still not here and now have asked to cancel the order last week which still has not been done. I am now recording phone calls and saving communication and documentation as I am concerned I will need to take matter through small claims court. Huge waste of time and tied up $1600 for three weeks now. Never again!

edn383
9/1/17

Kept informed of progress along very step of the way. Very highly recommend! Everything was clearly presented and process worked as represented.

stacyb96
9/1/17

Super Easy to do & prompt payment by Gazelle! Would definitely recommend this to everyone that owns a cell phone!

randyk36
8/30/17

Quick delivery of shipping materials and quick notification of process. Received my check in a week,thanks.

reneew50
8/30/17

Phone froze and locked up at 60 days. Unable to return because it stopped working past 30 day return policy. We haven't even paid off the device. Will not purchase from Gazelle again.

Helpful answer

I would not buy from or sell to Gazelle regardless of what they claim.

By Joe C. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

No! Dishonest! Had to file a dispute with my credit card company tinged my money back and that took 3 months

By Cindy w. on 1/26/16
Helpful answer

If your looking for the nightmare of your life do business with this scammers. If you want to get sick and hope that you make time goes back so you can stop it. Their $#*!ing $#*!s customers service is suck

By Mike z. on 1/11/16
Helpful answer

If the "warranty" period has expired you simply don't return it. Email your order number to the email provided in the website and they will tell you if you still are covered. I don't remember if it was 30 or 60 days.

By Alex M. on 7/28/15
Helpful answer

Don't buy from gazelle. They send u damaged product and they don't refund you when you send it back. Be sure to use your credit card IF you fo purchase from this rip off company so WHEN they rip you off the credit card company can deal with them. Only a matter of time before they go out of business or get shut down Unscrupulous BS ARTISTS. servc department has every excuse in the book why you haven't gotten your refund. Paid thru PayPal and Gazelle actually told me they couldn't refund me cause me/PayPal has a claim against them for my refund returned purchase that they haven't refunded. They ripped me off for $455 I'm PISSED. if I don't get my money by 7 th then I will contact credit card company that funds the PayPal account. BEWARE

By Bob E. on 8/11/17
Helpful answer

Typically you can just get a new SIM card from your phone company. The fact your Gazelle phone did not come with one should not be a problem.

By Daniel B. on 7/12/17
Helpful answer

They will catch mistakes like this when they evaluate your phone. At that point, they will issue you a new lower quote for you phone. You don't really need to worry about it or do anything but wait for their evaluation.

By Daniel B. on 6/19/17
Helpful answer

My experience is that they will take your phone and pay you nothing.

By Joe C. on 8/1/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Gazelle staff and other customers.

Gazelle?