US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alyssac20
8/25/16

I have never been so upset about anything. I have ordered three phones. My first phone was glichy and never worked right then when I went to return it they cut my refund by $50 and I had to call twice to get the other 50 then ordered another one and I could not connect it to Verizon because it was a stolen phone. Now my third phone going back randomly goes black for 5 min.

tk45
8/16/16

The SD card failed within three months of purchasing. I called but they wouldn't budge about their 30-day return policy. BTW, this phone was listed as excellent.

Last month I went to AT&T to unlock it so I could use it while traveling, but they couldn't since it was still locked to someone's AT&T Next account and money was still owed. I called again, but they refused to listen, as they said if worked on AT&T, that was all that mattered. It clearly states on their website that all phones are free from monetary obligations.

I'll never even think about buying from them again, and suggest you stay away, also!

stanc35
8/1/16

We sent in a PERFECTLY good 2008 iMac, excellent condition - they told us it would not power up. We told them to return it. The returned iMac was NOT the one we sent and the keyboard they returned had missing keys - looked like JUNK. This is CLEARLY a bait and switch SCAM operation - DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

andrel19
7/5/16

I recently sent in my 16gb white iphone to gazelle.com. they offer me a reasonable price for it at first, a couple of days later the try to low ball me, the worst experience is trying to get them to send my phone back, they say there's no file on record I sent in a phone but I got the box I.d and tracking # but they still can't located my phone.I would never sell/buy also I would never ever ever recommend gazelle.com to anyone not even if they have a broken phone to sell.

martaw3
7/5/16

We have purchased 2 phones from Gazelle - the 1st phone worked well - so no problems. Six months later had need for a phone for another family member. We trusted Gazelle and purchased a 2nd. This phone was not in good shape. It was listed as fair condition. This is described as cosmetic issues. As soon as the phone arrived it had a line through the screen, some of the keys on the keypad did not respond. It is barely usable. The return process involves buyer going to a sender, no pick up at your home. They do not replace. They only refund in " several days " after receiving the phone.
People on the phone unhelpful and make you feel like sorry for your problem but it's your problem not ours. WE received THE PHONE IN NON WORKING ORDER!
Chat people even worse!
I would not recommend to anyone, nor would I use them again,

billr72
7/5/16

I used Gazelle in the past and it was a flawless service. I think all of these buy back companies now are all the same. They quoted me $240 and then when they received my phone adjusted the offer to $215. The reason stated was they said the phones had scratches, the phone was flawless and looked like it came right out of the box. If you want leads hustle I would just sell the device on EBay and not deal with the games.

mikek136
6/28/16

Sent me two defective iPhones in a row. I had to return them both. They claim that one of them got stolen in the mail and won't refund my money. For the other one they only refunded me for the price of the phone itself, but not for the protection policy I bought or the taxes and shipping. I'm not out ~$600.

I HATE GAZELLE, NEVER BUY FROM THEM. SCUM SCUM SCUM

cleb11
6/19/16

My iPhone 6 Plus stopped functioning a month after I received it. I wasted $600 on a phone that was "new" but it was crap. Of course they won't let you return the phone after a month. IT'S A SCAM DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. You will only end up being frustrated and terribly angry at Gazelle.

candicel14
6/14/16

Nothing is wrong with the iPhone 6 and they came back and told me that it has a cracked/broken screen and scratches and will only give me $80. This company is a joke!

ss193
6/7/16

Quoted $90 for my iPhone 5S. This phone has been in an otter box since leaving the store with it a couple years ago. Never once took it out of the otterbox! I finally removed it from the otter box when I was packaging the phone up to send in to Gazelle. I received an adjusted offer due to "significant scratches." There was ZERO scratches on this phone. It was cleaned before packaging to ensure no scratches or blemishes then mailed it in bubble wrap. You should just go ahead and expect that they will make a lesser offer once they receive your phone.

scotts186
6/2/16

Bought a Samsung 4 had it less than a month phone kept going off. Found out WRONG battery,, has a gap that allows battery to move and disconnect. Gazelle doesn't DO battery issues just a refund AFTER you send phone in..So you lose all your contact info and the inconvenience of being without a phone for several days...Yeah Gazelle Blows

peetiev
6/2/16

I just sent them my MacBook Pro computer, which was in perfect condition and was given a price of $262. Today I got an email from them saying that the laptop had a couple of dents on the bottom so the price had been dropped $30, to $232. There wasn't a dent anywhere on the computer when it left my house. I used Gazelle to avoid the hassle of the local Craig's list, but will never use them again. I suppose, after reading the reviews above, I am lucky they didn't drop the price to $5.

juliec96
5/24/16

I was so surprised since I have dealt with them before but after sending them a really flawless iPhone 5S they said it had scratches and other problems. Not true since it was kept in a case and had a scratch cover the entire time I had it. Originally quoted $100 but came back with $20 so told them to return it. B.S.!!! Watch when they send it back it will look like it's been through a war. Just do give them your devices - EVER!!!!

catherinem45
5/23/16

After reading all the 1 star reviews, the switch/bait scam that Gazelle is running, the lag in payment as promised, the phones not received. WOW, I have never, ever read so many negative reviews in my life for any business or product. I will stay away from this company and try and sell my cell on Craigs List or EBAY. I'm glad to see actual people who have had dealings with Gazelle be brave enough to post their complaints. This helps us out here who were considering using them.

shelbif
5/22/16

First off, let me say that this is maybe the 3rd negative review I've EVER written. Normally if I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say it at all but Gazelle deserves this review. The screen was raised up from the phone the day I received it. I never dropped it, bumped it, or anything. It was like that as soon as I got it out of the box. When I contacted customer service they told me I had 2 choices. 1) Send my broken phone in, get a refund, and order another one. Or 2) pay an additional $500 for another new phone and then send the broken one back. May I add that iCloud isn't an option for me and I don't have the option to back my phone up to a computer. So, the only way for me to transfer my information from one phone to another phone is to download the AT&T transfer app on each phone and transfer my information that way. To top it all off, I eventually tried to push the screen back down at the top of the phone where it was raised up and it CRACKED. I realize that may have not been the best idea but dirt and small things were starting to get down under the screen and I knew it was going to mess the phone up even more if anything got in there.
Long story short I could either have $1,000 in phones in order to transfer my information from phone to phone, or go several days without a phone at all. I'm also going to have to pay $125+ to fix the screen on the phone I paid $500 for. I find that absolutely ridiculous.

paulf90
5/4/16

Purchased an iPhone 5c, which stopped working 31 days after the company delivered the device. I was told too bad, I was outside the 30 day window. I actually wasn't outside the 30 day window based on delivery date. This site might be good if you are a seller, but it's horrible if you are a buyer as it does not appear that they even check the devices for working condition.

jenem
4/19/16

Friends warned me about the "bait and switch" practices of Gazelle, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I have an iPhone S5 in excellent condition that they offered me $100 for till they received it and then changed the offer to $5.00 telling me how damaged it was. Not true. So I requested a return. My Plan B is to donate the phone to a domestic violence shelter and charge off the phone's value on my next years income tax. Much easier than dealing with deceptive business practices like those of Gazelle. Just sayin'.

mikeo41
4/15/16

We all should know not to do business with with people like gazelle. It's just too easy for them to screw their customers. I bought an IPhone in "excellent condition". 90 days later it's got more malfunctions than I have time to describe. It's actually in worse condition than my original IPhone. Course
Don't do it folks, no matter how good it looks!!!

dand102
4/6/16

The few times I've submitted items on the Gazelle website, I found the quotes to be sub-par, so I didn't pursue them. In that respect I can understand the frustration of many here, but perhaps I can offer a suggestion or two to save someone a lot of potential grief. First off, ALWAYS remove the SIM card from your phone before you send it anywhere. Your SIM card is registered to your wireless number and contains sensitive data about your phone and wireless account, so mailing it to someone you don't know could potentially open a Pandora's Box of security risks. Rule of thumb - it's best to guard your SIM card as you would your credit card. And as far as Gazelle and companies like it are concerned, understand that they are basically online pawn brokers, and a pawn broker is NEVER going to give you top dollar for what you trade in. Nonetheless, if you want to go that route, it's best to deal with a local second-hand store where at least you can haggle with someone face-to-face and walk out with what you came in with if you don't like the offer. I know sites like Craigslist and eBay can be a hassle sometimes, but I've found that if I'm willing to put in a little extra effort, I can always get more for used electronics on the open market. The allure of Gazelle is not money, but convenience, and there's the trade-off. If you want to gamble on a quick buck with little effort, then Gazelle is probably your vehicle. Alternately, if you're willing to invest a little more in the selling process, you'll stand to get more in return.

susanf81
4/5/16

I sent in 3 mini iPads. 1 had a cracked screen and 2 were in perfect condition. I was quoted $10 for the cracked iPad and $50 each for the new ones. All three are engraved on the back. Gazelle only allowed me to decline two of the offers the third offer I was told I did not respond quick enough. The email states I have 5 days yet I wasn't quick enough to open the third email. I have called, computer chatted and emailed requesting all three be returned to me. I have been denied. Very poor customer service in which they are not solution oriented. Very argumentative and child like.

renap1
3/22/16

I sent Gazelle my iPad 2 that was in perfect condition. I had hardly touched it for the last year and it was kept in a really good leather case the whole time I owned it. When they got my iPad, they rescinded their initial offer of $89 and dropped it to $5 saying that the iPad showed signs of wear and had significant scratches on it. It was scratch-free when I sent it to them and I have no idea what "signs of wear" means to them. My iPad is on its way back to me -- I'll give it to my 4-year-old niece to play with before I'll sell it to them for $5!!!

georgec114
3/18/16

I was shocked to see the other bad reviews when I came to write this one. My experience was the exact opposite. I found the site extraordinarily easy to navigate (took me five minutes) and loved that they provided a box and shipping label to send my phone at no extra cost. Within a week of mailing my phone in I received an email that said it had been received and a check was in the mail. The next day I received the check (which, by the way, was more than other sites purchasing used equipment). I don't write many reviews, but when I experienced such great service I felt compelled to write this.

hughw15
2/16/16

I purchased from gazelle got an iPhone to give my significant other for valintines day. Order 328441. It never arrived thank God I used my paypal. Talked to Britney what a joke! She said file a claim with usps it was not gazelles problem. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GAZELLE.

darrylk9
2/13/16

I was quoted a price for my iPhone 4s - perfect condition, not a scratch on it. They then told me it was worth $1. I asked for it back, and it came back HAVING BEEN OPENED AND THE SIM CARD REMOVED. It's now inoperable. Crooks! Do not do business with them.

toms203
2/8/16

I was quoted $85 for my iPhone 5 which was FLAWLESS and in perfect operating condition. Within days of mailing it to Gazelle I received an e-mail telling me it was only worth $65 because of "Undisclosed wear and scratches." I took macro photographic pictures of the front, back and all sides of the phone to document the fact it was in perfect, like new condition before I mailed it. Many other posts on other sites reference this same bait and switch scam and rip off by Gazelle. Beware, if you mail a cell phone to Gazelle, don't expect to receive the money they quoted you.

14 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gazelle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question