US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jennifero45
2/23/17

I purchased an unlocked phone from Gazelle. It arrived locked. Instead of offering good customer service and doing an exchange because they made an error they made me place a separate order and return the locked one. They should have handled the exchange over the phone and maybe even offered good customer service and at least apologized for my inconvenience. Maybe even offer a discount code off the new one I had the inconvenience of placing an order for with them just because that would have been the right thing to do. Gazelle your customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeb287
2/22/17

Gazelle sent a pre-addressed carton I could use for free shipping via USPS. According to the tracking number, the package was shipped to Fort Worth, but Gazelle claimed its receiving site is in Kentucky. Gazelle customer disservice suggested I follow up with USPS, but I thought Gazelle, which paid for shipping, should be more inclined to do so. #FAIL

husama5
2/15/17

Bought wholesale from Gazelle phones are in very bad condition. Also delayed the shipment because some items out of stock with notify me

katek41
2/14/17

Gazelle sold me a "refurbished" iPhone 6 at full price. They forgot to include charger and it took several days before I received one. Less than 6 months into owning the phone it started to beak down but they refused to help in any way. Don't waste your money or time Gazelle is dishonest company that will scam you!!

kathleenr34
2/11/17

I sent Gazelle my Samsung Galaxy S5 when I upgraded my phone. Realized I hadn't heard anything or received my $60, and finally tracked down an email from 30 days ago stating that my phone had been "recycled", but the value of the phone had been zeroed out, so no payment whatsoever. Bastards! Tough lesson for me. Please learn from my mistake. Do not do business w this company!!!!!

pc86
2/6/17

Why have I not received payment for my product? I have been on hold for 31 minutes so far even though when I called, I was told that my hold time would be 6 minutes!!!! The company has not paid me for my product after emailing to say that my payment would be processed in 3 - 5 days. That is theft!

scottt69
2/3/17

Avoid these bastards. I sent them a functional iPad 2 in good condition for which they offered $55. We had a couple email exchanges on which they asked me to deactivate Find My iPhone. Fine, no mention of damage or other major concerns. Several days later, they changed the offer to $5, claiming it had a broken screen and major scratches. I asked them to just return it to me. What I just received in the mail is an iPad that was beat to $#*!. The screen was smashed and taped and the frame was so damaged that it is impossible to insert the charger cord. I suspect their employee dropped it and then tried to cover it up by claiming I sent them a broken iPad. They suck.

bretw8
1/31/17

I paid the extra for insurance and now the insurance company will not replace the phone but will refund my money for a $50 deductible. Gazelle set these terms with the insurance company to not ever replace the phone but always provide a refund. An obvious SCAM!! Now I have paid for insurance, another $50 and have no working phone. Which requires even more time and money to do. I Will never be buying from scandalous companies like Gazelle.com again.

courtneys70
1/25/17

Don't ever, never ever use Gazelle. I sent several old phones their way and all of them worked but one by one I would get an email saying that they were "broken". One iPhone 5, which was in stellar condition was "lost in the mail" even though I sent it with the others at the same time in the same box. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

donc84
1/9/17

Cannot get phone activated due to it being assigned to a previous owners Apple account. No matter what you try without the owners ID and password you are stuck.

Tip for consumers: Run away from these idiots!!!

lizw44
1/5/17

Purchased an I-pad mini on gazelle in August and it has never worked properly. It would over heat, the charge cord didn't work and the home button was hard to push on as it was indented too deep. Now 5 months later the home button doesn't work at all, and I still have the other problems. I feel Gazelle sold me a piece of junk that they barely refurbished. Now the Apple Store wants to charge me $250 to repair it. And Gazelle will do nothing. I will never use this service again and will make sure my friends all know.

scrut
12/19/16

I received an email stating they were sending me $50 less than agreed upon price despite saying the phone was exactly as I described. Lousy customer service.

michaels533
12/14/16

My first time using gazelle to sell my phone. I always use usell and it's easy my package to ship it out comes in 1-2 days and I currently using gazelle. I started the selling process on November 26 the shipment information and package was suppose to come 3-5 days and it came 3 weeks after. They are a scam company. I have an iPhone 5s that's a factory unlock phone with AT&T I had that phone for 4 years and I have had AT&T for 7 years and the phone was coming up as a sprint phone I told them to send me back the phone because they reduce the money on my phone 50 dollars because of the carrier. Don't use gazelle use gylde and usell.

modous
12/5/16

We bought a lot of 50 iphone 6 plus described all working clean esn with all unlocked. First they only delivered 39 pcs wich they acnoleged but tge16 of non working, water damaged,bad screen,bad esn,and not unlocked they refused to change or refund any of them.
Don't go near them

johng408
11/23/16

I purchased an Iphone and it was refurbished. It had a 30 day warranty but it died after 60 days. The phone was not able to be repaired, the circuit board was not responding after a diagnostic test. I was willing to pay for repair but this phone was dead. For the cost of the phone, 60 days of usage is unacceptable. They would not refund any part of the price and made no effort to help with this situation.

sillys1
11/22/16

Shame on me for giving them more than one chance! I ordered an IPhone and they sent an unlocked phone instead of what the invoice and order had indicated. Second time they did not send the correct phone. They send one with less gb than what I ordered and paid for. I called and they lacked the ability to resolve the issue of returning the phone and putting myself out without a phone to use. When I originally started this process I had an old phone to use during the transition.

johnw564
11/4/16

I sent in a perfectly working iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 to Gazelle. I had just switched cell carriers the previous day so had no use for the phones. I cleared both phones, reset them, and followed the shipping instructions. (They sent one box barely big enough for both phones to fit) After a week I received a notice that they were going to honor the quote for the iPhone 5 but that the iPhone 6 wouldn't "power on". I asked for a review, and got the same generic response. Knowing I never had any problem with that phone (it was the phone I was using!) and having tested them both before I sent them, the only reasonable explanation is that the device was either damaged in shipping or mishandled by whoever was checking the condition of the phone. So I decided I would check for myself and asked them to return the phone to me...yet they never responded. So either they damaged the phone themselves or lied about the condition so they could offer me less. DO NOT trust this company!

yanaf1
11/2/16

Do NOT send your phone or device to this site!!! They offer you a good price, it takes forever for their packaging box to arrive, then it takes forever for them to receive it and "assess" it. Then you get a little more than half of their original quote!!! The SLIMIEST business practice EVER!!!! They find problems or scratches that did not exist when you send them your phone!!! I only had my phone for a year and used the most expensive otter case and screen cover. ALWAYS!!!!! Don't fall for their BAIT AND SWITCH tactic. This business is a LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!! And I know!!! My son is a lawyer!!! This company board members need to check what their employees are doing, unless they want to lose everything in hundreds if not thousands of cases!!! WAKE UP BOARD MEMBERS!!!!! THIS IS NOT AN HONEST WAY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS IN USA!!! YOU WILL END UP PAYING FOR IT, IF THIS PRACTICE DOES NOT CHANGE!!!!

susanf105
10/18/16

On September 18 I mailed an iPhone 6S silver AT&T to Gazelle for $282 reimbursement. This phone was erased by the head of IT at my company. iTunes sent me a verification that this phone had been removed from Find My Phone.

On September 25 , Gazelle sent me an email saying that the phone was locked by an Apple ID.
Again, I had the head of IT check my Apple ID and it was not being used for this phone. I asked Gazelle to return my phone so I could sell it to Amazon before an October 3 deadline .
After numerous calls over a two week period, I finally got my phone back on Saturday, October 15. Today I stood in line at the Apple store for one hour since it is impossible to get a Genius Bar reservation on such short notice. Luckily an Apple Store representative assisted me. The Apple Store required my original receipt and I also had the original box to show them that I was the original owner. The phone was locked by a u*****@iCloud login.
The Apple Store representative told me the last person to sign on using an Apple ID was a company named Gazelle. Obviously an employee signed on and then forgot the password. The Apple Store removed the Gazelle login information . However I have missed the October 3 deadline to submit the phone to Amazon. Now the phone value has decreased by almost $100. I called Gazelle and talked to Victoria today. She acknowledged that Gazelle is having problems with locked phones but would not take responsibility or offer any kind of financial recourse .
Do not sell your phone to Gazelle!

billb184
10/17/16

I have purchased my last phone from Gazelle. I had no problems with the previous 2 phones purchased from them. This last one had problems with the charger. I have sent 2 e-mails to their customer service and haven't heard a word back from them. This was 1 month ago.

santiagom27
10/15/16

I purchased an iPhone 6s from Gazelle on 10/8 through PayPal. The payment was processed the same day. Later that day I receive an e-mail from Gazelle stating that my order had been cancelled. I contacted Customer Support and they stated that the order had been cancelled by the Order Management Team and that the charges to the account would be reversed within 1 - 3 business days. It has now been 7 days and the funds have not been reversed. Attempted to further contact Gazelle with no luck, had to submit a dispute through PayPal to which they did not respond and had to be escalated, had to submit a complaint with the BBB and submit a chargeback to my Credit Card. Still awaiting a response from Gazelle on any of those fronts. Bottom line, this company has deceptive practices with questionable financial tactics that are at minimum negligent if not downright criminal.

andrewp110
10/15/16

Sent in my MacBook Pro because they offered $180. Figured I'd be nice and send in all the original equipment I saved for the past seven years. They came back at me with an insulting offer of $20 after they received my MacBook. Obviously I refused and had them send it back. I guess this angered someone there? Because they decided to keep my power adaptor and discs. I can only assume they used my adapter to sell to someone else. This to me is unacceptable and deplorable as a business practice. I'm pursuing legal action. I don't care about the $40 adapter but the fact that they stole it from me as well as my software is terrible business and I'm pretty sure illegal as well. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY WITH YOUR DEVICES UNLESS YOU DONT EVER CARE TO SEE YOUR THINGS AGAIN. The rep I talked to about my stolen property suggested I buy a new one. Gee really? Why hadn't I thought of that? What a joke of a business. Never again gazelle. You should change your name to hyena because they steal stuff to.

richardc204
10/11/16

Their customer service is hard to have anyone to help you. Its been 3 weeks and they were going to return the iPhone 6 plus but it seems like they cant find it or make excuse's on why its taking so long. I have called several times and multi e-mails with no help. I have sent in about 8 items so far but the last one is MIA ... WTH ... I had to call the Better Business Burial in to help me. This is unsat will never use this company ever again period.

marcusl27
10/10/16

I ordered a box 4 resale of my phone prior to the release of and buying the newer one. Waited weeks no box. Followed up couldn't find offer so requested new offer and now month after new model released offer went down by $20. No big deal. Powered up phone and wiped it as mailman waited for me to finish and box up. Got notice that my phone was damaged and wouldn't power on. They said they wanted to recycle it for me? I went thru their version of customer service which is a live chat in which someone gives u canned answers that have nothing to do with the questions you're asking. I had them reinspect the phone. Got same response. Phone won't power on. Rejected 0$ and again an offer you recycle my phone. Had them send it back to me. Pressed power button. Phone tried to start but went black. Obvious move here? I PLUGGED IT IN TO THE CHARGER!!! IT WAS ON WITHIN 5 MINUTES AND AT FULL CHARGE AN HOUR LATER (samsung fast charging). There was nothing wrong with the phone. Was a replacement for a phone I cracked the screen on so had never been out of case except to clean under screen protector and mail it to them. I had used them before and had no issue but I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! WASTE OF TIME. WHAT "TECH" WOULDN'T KNOW TO PLUG A PHONE UP IF IT GOES OFF DURING POWER ON SEQUENCE? retarded

kaytees
9/30/16

They emailed me giving me 2 days from when they received my phone to send it back to me, I had no idea that they would recycle my phone & give me no money, I had no idea when they would actually get my phone. Some bull$#*! story about my esn that had been cleared through my provider

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gazelle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question