Review of Freelancer

Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009, Australia
support@freelancer.com

patrickf51
8/18/17

Great experience with customer service. I had a problem and they listened and found a solution right away. Very pleased.

rahulp27
8/18/17

Grate experience with support team!! all doubts are clear now! all questions answered with explaining every thing.

andrer17

Just best recommendations!
I like that I can choose a job from a large number of proposals. The truth has to very carefully monitor the implementation of the work, and to give advice to freelancers. But the result is always worth it. The site supports both employers and workers. The price-quality of services is absolutely corresponding

anestisk
8/18/17

Although it took a while to get in contact with an agent she was very helpful and resolved the issue.

thuongl
8/18/17

I am very satisfied about the way this supporter solve my problem, very quickly.I appreciate you supporting me at the chatting.

mariar164
8/18/17

Kayla is providing excellent customer service. Very helpful and approachable. She always makes sure to answer all my questions. Thank you so much. I am happy to be part of the Freelancer.com family. Have a great day to all.

annal165
8/18/17

Agent was good. She doubted me at first when I raise my issue but glad that she believed me in the end when I provide her the screenshot.

johns1864
8/18/17

It was great initially I was talking to the support and the chat ended abruptly I was extremely broken I thought people were trying to scamming me. I contacted support again and everything was rectified.

ghaylana
8/18/17

Great Customer Service from Kayla B.
Very patient and gives answers as needed.
That's the kind of people that make my experience with freelancer.com a really nice experience.

anht7
8/18/17

She was patient, helpful and nice. We came to the necessary solutions available for my case. It's pleasant chatting to her.

vladislavk8
8/18/17

From my card was withdrawn $ 30. And although no return was envisaged, Kayla helped me very much. So I want to thank her for it.

davida370
8/18/17

I really appreciate the service of the customer care guys. Right on time and saved me all the undue stress I had been having all day in less than five minutes. Amazing.

karenh257
8/18/17

I contacted the helpdesk to rectify an error I'd made. Antoinette was great, totally professional, quick to respond and so very helpful.

So thankful!

saeda1
8/18/17

I was messed up on my project and I got great help from customer service agent called Miss Kendra, she was very helpful and she knew what to do and was patient with me, thanks Kendra

brittanys80
8/18/17

Antoinette was great. Helpful and quick. I called regarding a financial issue. She was understanding, informative and able to assist me with all aspects related to my issue.

karenaa
8/18/17

quick, Understanding, established rapport immediately and solved the problem quickly I do not type well so try not to day too m,uch just tryping to leave enough characters. hate to type so this is not fun

jochumb
8/18/17

I've got great support from Roxanne! Fast and satisfying and all my questions got answered. Thanks a lot!

rezaunn
8/18/17

Its was awesome. They are nice. They are very friendly. They are help me a lot.they are support me. i really like it.

khoiruunisaf
8/17/17

Low payment jobs & projects, too low for normal rates. How can you hope someone will make you a logo with just 10 bucks?

Not to mention the limited choice of payment methods. For example, not all people in my country (Indonesia) have the chance to own a CC. So we don't have any other option for payment. I have no issue with payment untill this year with this new rules. Payoneer also gone....Freelancer became bad to worse today...too many stricted rules for such cheap freelancing website.

charlesb187
8/17/17

I am an old Freelancer with Freelancer.com. Though freelancer is providing a lot benefits to it's users but Freelancer.com is Money Eating Engine. Their vision is only to Earn Money through good or bad, not with the vision of helping the community.

I did a project with an Employer (client name is hidden due to privacy agreement) on a project. She released a payment for the project. We delivered them the project and after sometimes, it was observed that payments in my account are locked total of $2400. I received an Email from Freelancer that it will be unlocked if dispute is resolved in your favor.

I kept following up with their support and they said that we are waiting for employer to resolve matter with their account. After some days I received email from employer stating that dispute is done in Freelancer.com favor and she didn't want to contact me or Freelancer anymore because she said I am done. Now where is that MONEY ? In Freelancer.com SCAM BOX ?

This is not the first time. If employer make a charge back, and freelancer does the dispute and inform their freelancer only once that dispute is being handled. But later we never know even if dispute is won in Freelancer.com favor they never inform you and keep that amount with them. This is their best strategy to screw the users and they talk about Terms and Conditions. Unfair ways. I am waiting for their final response and later I am going to lodge a complaint against Freelancer.com scam to cyber crime agencies in Australia.

My ticket is #AYS-467-68442 for reference.

sweatakg
8/17/17

regarding to experience, experience was good, troy(freelancer chat assistant) understand my situation and assured me that my issue will resolve in 5-10 days. so thanks troy again to understand my situation and tried to resolve it

ashfaquek
8/17/17

It was satisfying support and cooperation from freelancer support team agent. kendra..
Really happy to seek support from freelancer support team

abdullahk8
8/17/17

I had a word with Brenda A. over my issues. I got full and quick support of my queries.

It was good experience to work with her.

liliano3
8/17/17

The issue was solved immediately after support verified the authenticity of the information I provided, am really grateful

daver137
8/17/17

Very professional, answered all my issues thoroughly and resolved all questions I had. I left the conversation much happier than when I started.

75 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L. on 7/15/16
Helpful answer

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p. on 12/30/15
Helpful answer

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

Freelancer is a scamming operation, not a legitimate platform. They steal from the vulnerable . Run away from them.

By Elaine K. on 12/7/15
Helpful answer

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G. on 7/3/15
Helpful answer

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R. on 6/23/15
Helpful answer

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S. on 10/2/15
Helpful answer
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P. on 4/27/15
Helpful answer

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M. on 10/22/15
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

128 Photos for Freelancer