Review of Freelancer

Pyrmont, New South Wales 2009, Australia
support@freelancer.com

lennyh6
10/20/17

Had an issue with an employer, and the customer service told me their policy but refunded $36. The project didn't work out and the client stopped responding. I'll be sure to get requirements ironclad before making a bid.

nicoled90
10/20/17

Marina was very friendly and helpful in resolving my query. I greatly appreciate it! Her actions were satisfying and I have seen that she's done what she said she would do. Thank you

sergeyk47
10/20/17

Marina B. replied wery swiftly and resolved the issue to my full sutisfaction. Thank you very much Marina!

brightens
10/20/17

Friendly helper, made me feel welcome and dissipated my fear as it can get really frustrating when awarding person goes silent. But thankfully I got the assistance I needed.

maihann
10/19/17

Solved my problems quickly. A+ for the agent. I had transaction issue and the agent also helped me with general knowledge about Freelancer.com

daniela382
10/19/17

Sandra T. took care of my issue at hand. I am thankful that the site has a great customer service especially after I tried to use this site 4 years ago. She was very helpful and I highly recommend her to continue to do a good job.

traceyb55
10/19/17

We had a problem with a Milestone option (we didn't realise that we pay it twice, so we cancelled one of the payments). Nicole D. did a really good assistant with the problem.

raravimahammedf
10/19/17

really nice wanted $17 as the refund but got only $7 because of conversions and terms and conditions. but the person was really good

zainb4
10/19/17

Gavin D. really helped me a lot in getting back my hacked account and he was very polite and fast throughout the process. Guided me very well and finally I have my account back.

Thank you Gavin!

abhishekv8
10/19/17

I had a good experience with freelancer support for the queries i had.
They responded as early as possible with proper clarification for my queries.
Thank you for the great support.

mellih
10/18/17

Really helpful...The respon was quick. Thanks a lot as I understand there might be many issues from other freelancer as well, but still could give me the best solution..

jonasl17
10/18/17

Had problem on Freelance where we could not find our winning suggestion - Kathie was superb & effective in getting us the answer and solving it in a way that made me happy!

viping2

Ryder s,

You are awesome man. You resolved my long time issue thanks for support as i will give u 5 out 5 star

vaishalii1
10/18/17

A client posted a project which I accepted. He said it was a mistake and though he liked the design did not wish to pay. He cancelled the project, and I ended up with paying the fees. After I related the episode to freelancer they saw merit and refunded the fees. I am extremely happy that freelancer looked into the matter and gave me a refund.

rakiba3
10/18/17

It was excellent service as it was always. Thats why I love freelancer.com. I am working here since 2011, Its really nice journey. I am enjoying my best with them.

muhammads54
10/18/17

Freelancer is the site where I work, and I am working from 2009, Best support, best service, best relationship

adityas19
10/17/17

he is so friendly and solved my queries in seconds........ THANKS A LOT, I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM/HER FOR EVERY CUSTOMER

amrans1
10/17/17

Really helpful and comfortable. They always help me as friendly. That's why I love freelancer.com :)

muhammadz11
10/17/17

Jeanett is very professional and he handle my queries very well and overall very good experience well done !

raquelh9
10/17/17

Fast and easy. It was my first time using the platform and the service was really fast and the customer service girl very nice and patient.

anasf8
10/17/17

Nicole made me aware that I have created two milestones by mistake and she helped me get a refund. She was very attentive and made sure I understood what's going on.

hauh5
10/17/17

They are very responsive that clear out all of my confused. And, also provide a lots of useful information that help me avoid the same mistakes in the future.
Thanks a lot

naninam
10/17/17

I am a new user and an initial milestone for the job I accepted was higher than the job's worth. I corrected the milestone with an employer, but the fee charged by Freelancer remained high. The support team (Claudia B.) was wonderful and helped me to resolve the issue. Now the fee charged is 10% of real job's worth.

mikem568
Mike M.
10/17/17

Support team was great and very helpful to prevent fake / scam / fraudulent activity. Thank you for making Freelancer.com platform safe.

benjamint25
10/17/17

I received great and instant feedback from Deana about a particular issue that wasn't that easy to solve. She gave me good and relevant information in a very polite and respectful way. I strongly recommend her as a staff member who you can trust.

75 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I'm a victim myself. I already stop using this more than a year ago. I'm surprised that the complains reach thousand plus and still counting... if that doesn't satisfy you I don't know what else will... goodluck

By Robert L. on 7/15/16
Helpful answer

Its a real website, however crumby! - However, The workers or freelancers there are... - A Breeding ground frenzy of scammers! Almost set up to facilitate them or make it super easy to get scammed and ripped off and no way to get money back - resolution department - You would rather just let the money go, because you won't get it back anyway - just more trouble trying to! STAY AWAY FROM FREELANCER.COM I lost $1500 and was able to get back all but $500 but cost me $5000 in time and trouble! Just go to UPwork.com. much better, logs, timesheet, screenshots of work AND i'm making progress leaps and bounds over Freelancer.com.

By ian p. on 12/30/15
Helpful answer

I would advise you against giving your credit card details. Freelancer is prone to setting up automatic recurring charges without giving you a clear heads up and lots of users have complained of getting automatically deducted for awarded projects even if you haven't been paid for the project yet. Their customer service is shady as heck too.

By Meg M. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

Freelancer is a scamming operation, not a legitimate platform. They steal from the vulnerable . Run away from them.

By Elaine K. on 12/7/15
Helpful answer

Hi Dejan. This happened to me in 2014, I lost a lot of money too, I withdrew the money on a Wednesday after the client had paid me $1000 in full. Then the next day, Thursday, I got a message that my withdrawal request was cancelled and the money reversed back to employer. My account was suspended and when I asked why, I was told that the employer looked like he was fraudulent and that the money might be fraud. Up to date, I am still bitter, angry and sad over that $1000 but I never got it back and Freelancer closed the person's account and that was that. So I hope this answers some of your questions and I am deeply sorry for your loss after such hard work. All the best

By Pre G. on 7/3/15
Helpful answer

Good afternoon Rostyslav, unfortunately this has happened to most users of Freelancer including people who have been awarded projects. Ensure that you do not start any work or event accept a project until the following criteria have been met: 1. Project awarded 2. Initial milestone/deposit created 3. Client agrees to release the first payment immediately after you accepting the project. If they are unable to do this, tell then politely that you are unwilling to start on the project and keep looking for honest, legitimate clients. Be careful at all time on this website, even if you do vey thing by the book and the client still doesn't pay, the Freelancer support team will not help you. It is left to you to contact the client and chase the payment even of they delete their account.

By Adam R. on 6/23/15
Helpful answer

Freelancer is scam. I have very bad experience recently. "The payments you've received from your employer "-----------" were reversed due to their account issues. As a result, their account was closed" Lost over 800$. Freelancer also keep the fee for this job !!! Their support never answer. SCAM

By Antonis S. on 10/2/15
Helpful answer
I had hired a freelancer to Design a logo for my company. I hired him and had to pay him ₹1500($25 approx). I selected the payment method as Paypal which was accepted on their website, a receipt was generated for ₹1500($25 approx) and I paid. After the payment was successful suddenly I realised that ₹100000($1534.80) were debited from my account instead of ₹1500($25 approx). I immediately emailed and chatted with the customer service of Freelancer and they said they will refund, but after 2 days had passed nothing happened. I again contacted them and they said that they have refunded the amount back to my Paypal account and even gave me a receipt for the refund. After another 2 days the balance dint show on my Paypal account, I again contacted Freelancer and they said that the fault is because of the Paypal service. I contacted Paypal and they said that no refund was initiated from Freelancer and if they do have refunded they(Freelancer) have to call Paypal and sort the matter. I told the incident to Freelancer and they then agreed that they had held up my payment and wont give it back until I called Paypal and tell them that I dont want a refund as it destroys the reputation of Freelancer and also makes 'matter complicated'. I called Paypal again letting them know that Freelancer wants to me close the dispute. Paypal strictly advised not to close the dispute as then refunding my money will be next to impossible. I have till now mailed Freelancer over 25 times and every time they blackmail me by saying closed the dispute and then we will see how much and when to refund. I gave them a warning that Ill go to court and still they dint agree, after I was adamant that I will not close the dispute and will move to court, they are now for over 4 days keep replying me the message saying that my case has been transferred to another department and I will hear from them within 48hours. Its been many days now and since the start I have been jumping from talking to their department to department (chat, refund, Verification, billing and more). Freelancer has now even limited my account and are threatening to block it and not refund the money at all. After searching on the net I found thousands of other similar cases where Freelancer debits money or doesnt refund the left balance of a customer back to them. Freelancer even agreed to the mistake of by fault debiting $1500 instead of ₹1500, but isnt refunding. Iam a very small man compared to this billion dollar company and I dont know what to do. These guys dont have any phone number\email of management\Address in my country. Please help me, I can provide with any proof you like. I even have saved all the chats and emails. Thank You Varun Anand

Dispute it with PayPal! Another beautiful example of why everyone hates Freelancer.

By Lydia P. on 4/27/15
Helpful answer

Don't share you card. Use Paypal.. First of all don't use freelancer they are scammers.

By Talha H. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Contact Paypal and file a dispute. I got a refund for the monthly amount that they should not have charged me for.

By Shannon M. on 10/22/15
Questions? Get answers from the Freelancer staff and other customers.

128 Photos for Freelancer