US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

anthonusd
8/31/16

Freelancer is just another web site (supposed) to put freelancers/employees in contact with employers. But lately freelancer has become a money grab. But the biggest problem is their 'Qualified' and 'Preferred' and other ratings/gimmicks. Seems to me that freelancer now employs people and use them as 'pseudo freelancers' - in other words they show EVERY sign of being a business that sub-contracts people in THEIR EMPLOY (scamming?) of various skills than a simple labour exchange that makes 'a buck' (3%+) on the side. Freelancer has got the last bit of money from me and I wait for the day they go 'belly up' very soon! Not to mention the project quality really sucks and looks like most projects are BOGUS! The Australian government should investigate them as I have serious doubts about Australia and the economy too (I still wonder how they were able to become a public company)!

kemarieb
8/31/16

I went on to Freelancer.com in order to have an artist design our company logo. I decided to run a contest in order to draw the best talent. I chose a budget, but by the time I finished with all of the "extras" I had more than doubled my budget. Being new to the site I thought it would be worth the extra expense.
By pressing the guarantee button, more of what they consider artist would pay attention to my post due to the fact that I promised to pay. I sent a few examples of what we were looking for. 80% of the entries were copyrighted items straight off the internet. One of the entries took one of the images that I presented as an example and submitted that same image right back as an entry!
Don't get me wrong 20% of the artist did come up with creative ideas and I did chose a winner that I was very pleased with. However, even having all of the artist (which I paid extra for) sign a NDA, one posted their horrific entry on the internet for all to see. Seriously, they took the Heinz Ketchup logo and replaced the wording with my company name. I am not happy.
I contacted Freelancer.com to make them aware that one of their artist was not in keeping with the NDA agreement. After 24 hours of "research" I received a reply from Freelancer.com that stated that it was my problem and that if I wanted to do something about it I was on my own. They advised me to contact an attorney. I was shocked that they wouldn't even agree to contact the artist to discipline them, warn them or prohibit them from further participation on the site.
Most of the artist on Freelancer.com are doodlers without a creative bone in their body. They just search the internet for existing art and pass it off as their own. Which is against the rules of course but since no one is policing the site to protect the business owners, you know, the ones who are actually paying to keep the site alive by spending their hard earned money, then I do not see this getting any better. With the guarantee the artists know no matter what they present they will get paid.
I will not use this site again for new projects. However, I will be contacting the artist that won my contest directly, as he is a true artist.
BE LEARY OF THE 80%, AND KNOW THAT FREELANCER.COM WILL IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE AND DOES NOT HONER AND UPHOLD THEIR OWN RULES.

daveb147
8/30/16

Freelancer service is good but unfortunately the majority of freelancers are not!
Odds of finding a good one has dropped considerably. Have used many freelancers over the last few years. Choosing the right freelancer for the job is tough. You put in skills and exact description what you need done. Chat with freelancer. Yes I have read and can do this. Next minute they say this is a low budget and request more money, or they ask you to release milestone before they start. Majority just want to be awarded the job regardless if they know what they are doing or not. This is a BIG problem! Majority don't follow instructions. One freelancer wiped out an entire site with a canned demo and I had to restore from backup. Opened a dispute and they asked why did you open a dispute? I give all freelancers a chance. When communications is poor and they don't follow instructions I file a dispute. Feel Freelancer.com should not fool around. When a dispute is filed and communication shows evidence of complaint they should refund milestone and terminate freelancer. NO freelancer should be able to open an account without being verified. Finding allot of fake users. Like Craigslist it's win loose or draw. Best to do the work yourself and only use freelancers you have used in the past you can trust. Spent hundreds this week and not a single job has been completed. Getting bad finding help everywhere these days. Freelancer.com is no exception.

rashkn
8/30/16

The work is endlessly interesting. I do not have to do one thing all the time and then wait for my paycheck to come, i do different things daily and it really has enhanced my skills.

irenek23
8/29/16

Dear colleagues,

Never ever start having a deal with this establishment.
The mechanism they steal your money is quite simple:
1) you place your bid
2) you are awarded
3) in a couple of minutes your project is marked as "Incomplete" and you are to pay 10% of its cost (which you have never received).
You have neither rights nor place to appeal.

I am sorry for those people who had money on their accounts when these "incompleteness" happened. All their savings were simply stolen.
I was lucky enough to have 50 cents at the moment. Thus, I congratulated the fraudsters with the huge loot ;)
Nevertheless, the time I had spent to build my profile was gone for nothing.

sh14053
8/28/16

Freelancer has STOLEN funds from me, making multiple significant ($100+) charges to my account despite having not authorization or cause to do so.

After having to dig through their site for nearly a day to find how to "request a refund" it took 17 interactions, 5 extremely clear demands and two whole weeks to refund the money... MINUS A DAMN TRANSACTION FEE!

On top of that, every single entry I received for jobs I posted were blatantly plagiarized from google images. I even had one guy from India literally copy my job posting, word for word, post it as his own for a lower price, in an attempt to make money for himself. He intended on making someone else do the work for my logo job, and sell it to mew for more money! Freelancer apparently believes this is ok, as even after reporting it they've never responded.

Multiple other people I have contacted who've used this site have have had the same issues. My wife and her business partner used the site at roughly the same time as I, and had multiple erroneous charges appear on their account, and have yet to be able to get their money back.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT EVEN CREATE AN ACCOUNT!

rctd
8/25/16

I Start a Project with melancee with both side agreement to migrate a magnto site over Shopify, I spent a day to work and send melancee update at same day after that i see melancee mark job a Incomplete and reason are very funny /not kept his promise, asking for design from me when he agreed at begging to do it him self/ melancee give me referece site to follow the design , Then melancee send me message that client need new banner he dont like banner he have on Magento site . I ask melancee to send me new banner for shopify site. I try to connect with melancee , and they are not answering my phone my messages etc , so after so many try to call i realize that they are Bloody Scamer BC ... , I realize that melancee is one of my competitors and they only come to my profile to give negative feedback and descrease my reputation . So my advice to all freelancer please away from this unprofessional company melancee Big BIG BIG SCAM .

Project url :- https://www.freelancer.com/projects/shopify-site/Website-from-scratch/

shanzelb
8/25/16

By far the worst freelance site we have used. ZERO customer service support to resolve problems the quality of freelancers is dubious leaving us over time and budget. We've tried to work via Freelancer it's not feasible. Doesn't get any worse than this! Tickets raised with no followup, being charged for work that was accepted but never completed by freelancers DEPLORABLE!

rams32
8/24/16

Freelancer.com has been good role in my business. I get a lot of business here and earn money. I love it and my whole team is being driven by Freelancer.com.

Thanks a lot Freelancer.

adnank3
8/24/16

we started our journey with freelancer back in August 2012 we were struggling to win some contracts to stay in the business. eventually we found this platform quite unique as compared to other freelance websites with plenty of amazing features and support.

we got plenty of help from freelancer to grow our bsuines , now we are not using any other platform except this. we believe in honesty and quality of service, freelancer.com has these core values Its a rare thing in todays marketplace.As the years have passed and our experience has grown now we must appreciate freelancer for all the contributions towards our success

davidl329
8/23/16

Freelancer.com is the best freelancer site which I have worked on ever.
It has plenty of reliable clients and provides the best money guarantee system.
I am happy to use Freelancer.com.

jonnan1
8/20/16

I have been working at Freelancer full-time (More than 4 years). Freelancer.com is amazing website.This site changed my life and my lifestyle. The platform is also the easiest to use of all the outsourcing websites to use.Really great opportunity for everyone..Strongly Recommended!

Thank you Freelancer.com

brijeshs3
8/20/16

It has been years now with Freelancer.com
My sole IT business is concentrated on freelancer.com I get a number of clients, business and employer here. The team is quite supportive. Kudos to freelancer and its team.

petrica-daniela
8/17/16

Freelancer.com is the main source of projects and clients. Pays my bills since the second part of 2014. It is great that connecting employers with workers is so easy due to freelancer.com - I strongly recommend it.

ramia10
8/17/16

Freelancer.com is helping me work and earn money each month. Lot of projects available but at same time lot of competition from other freelancers.
there are some bad things about this site such as they charge high when exchanging currencies, the money withdraw takes few days. Also, there are lot of bad clients who try to make the freelancer work and they never pay him but that not the site mistake, each freelancer should be careful when working with clients that he does not know.
But in general, that is a good site where you can find work and earn.

eddye10
8/17/16

when i have project, The freelancer waste your time and Free lancer website waste your money
the freelancer accepted your project and he want time to finish it after that he don't do any thing i tried 4 freelancers and every free lancer bring fake reviews about him maybe by create other accounts and award him self and make good reviews about him, the reviews not controlled at all, and freelancer Website take money for each project accepted by freelancer, i can't waste my time trying all free lancers and waste my money when i trying each freelancer

gilbertoe3
8/16/16

I have been a member since 2010 and have only good experiences working with freelancer.com. The easy of use, the great tools to chat and exchange info with employers/freelancers, the support team that is always available to help, the great integration with payment services to withdraw money and to make deposits, etc. All this and others good reasons, make freelancer.com the #1 Freelancing Platform

hkp
8/16/16

I left the following review of Freelancer's support team after they failed to address my issues.

READ THIS AND LEARN SOMETHING FOR ONCE:

This "support" ticket was filed because a contest holder assigned a random 2.5 stars to my entry following the contest handover. He told me he did it just to release the money and didn't actually look at my work. I presented undeniable proof of this in the form of pictures to Freelancer "Support" and asked to have the rating removed since it lowered my overall score and hurt my chances of finding future work.

They didn't. Kept saying "we strive to uphold the integrity of the review system." They needed the contest holder's permission but he never replied to my messages. I kept at it for days and still nothing. Freelancer sent him messages but he didn't reply to them either. I asked if I could change his score and was told "If it's from negative to positive, yes. But if not, we also need a confirmation."

So to change my score I need HIS confirmation. And to change his score I need HIS confirmation.

I asked if I could lodge a dispute and was told: "A contest dispute can only be lodged by the contest holder."

So basically, the employer has ALL the power, and the freelancer has none. That's how Freelancer treats its own people.

A few weeks before that I was ripped off by a con-artist who took my work and ran without paying me. His profile was an exact copy of someone else on Freelancer but he was still payment, profile and email verified. I didn't get my money because YOUR verification systems failed.

These and many prior experiences have made something very clear: Freelancer throws 100% of its support behind the employers and none behind its freelancers. And I'm NOT the only one who feels this way. Just Google "Freelancer.com reviews" and you'll see the scathing rebukes and horror stories.

It's not a good sign when the word SCAM is repeated throughout. And as for the reviews that say Best site ever or Dream come true. Seriously, who are you fooling?

Keep this up and eventually your social media black-eye will turn away both clients and freelancers.

It's already done that to me. Since my bad experiences, I've been using Freelancer less and less and eventually plan on stopping altogether and opening up accounts with Upwork or Guru.

So to sum up: thanks for nothing. All I asked was to have ONE bad review removed and presented incontrovertible proof as to why. But I received nothing but excuses. Every time I turn to you guys I feel cheated on top of being deceived.

Your support staff is slow, ineffective, hugely incompetent, and reply with generic talking points. I'm giving this survey 1 star to voice my dissatisfaction at your massive ineptitude, and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

As for the 1 star out of 7 that I gave. To quote one of your own talking points: "We apologize but we strive to uphold the integrity of the review system."

Tip for consumers: Find yourself another freelancing website. There's so many to choose from: Upwork, Guru, Contently, Toptal, so don't waste your time or talents here.

jidslm
8/15/16

they always find new ways to blackmail freelancers . showing wrong statistics about 20 million freelancers .. they cost me thousand of dollars

linal17
8/15/16

Real Story with this scam site happened to me just few days ago I was new to the site they sent me one of their HIRED scammers, the scammer appointed me for a project out of no where I accepted it depending on this big site will protect my rights but NO!! they charged me for that fake project, the employer then asked for Nude pictures (a trick to drive me away and run) when I refused to send the pictures he simply deleted the project and left the website I complained to the support team and they told me they are not responsible for the work between the employer and the worker and that I own them the project fee regardless of their hired scammers (I am confident that they are hired because I was new to the site and the employer came out of no where), be aware everyone don't bid or accept any project the employer can do anything and not pay you a penny but the site will deduct their fees anywhere and they are not responsible for the employer behavior!!

stefanp19
8/12/16

Freelancer.com is best, it's so easy to find a work here for good price. It is easy to begin and also later when you have good rating you can win many projects as you want.. Really great opportunity for everyone.. Highly recommend to anyone who want to start doing as freelance graphic designer!

Tip for consumers: Start with contests, after wining couple of them you will have enough reputation to start biding on projects!

aionm
8/12/16

Freelancer.com is hiring people to fill up positive reviews of complaint sites so that the first pages of reviews on review websites will show only 5 stars. So this is how they "up" their game to cover up their negative unresolved issues.

What they do before is they act and talk to every person who post negative review telling them to contact them through their email to get the issue resolved. In fact, I did that but eventually you always end up with unresolved disputes. Eventually people re-posted their experiences online. Their "terms and conditions" is the natural downfall of the company. They think it is fair, but it seems like users don't see it fair thus this is the natural result of their doings.

shahzadv
8/11/16

Freelancer Changed My Life. Its Very Easy And Flexible to use.

Big Fan Of Freelancer.com. I Never use any other freelancers site because i got every thing from here Freelancer.com.

Thumbs Up (Y)

Thanks

deepb4
8/11/16

I would be highly recommend freelancer.com
It changed my life and my lifestyle.
Now i left my job and do fulltime freelancing.

Since i belive its the best ever platform to showcase my dynamic skills and suits my problem solving charater.

victorv24
8/11/16

Firesoft International, C.A. it's a company that started with just a couple of freelancers and in a little space of time we were able to grow and grow. After less than a year we have achieved lots of the goals we aimed for and were able to turn ourselves in a real company.

This is all thanks to Freelancer for their help, they guided us and supported us, while we, at the same time, got more and more experience and knowledge.

Thanks, with all our heart to Freelancer from Firesoft International, C.A.

180 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Freelancer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question