US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

niconal

We have loved everything we've ordered and received great customer service from all sellers on this site. (in 70 reviews)

athenae

(so no seller can steal your money without a punishment, and so no one does.)
(in 269 reviews)

jenj

I usually shop through the jewelry but its great to support an artist whos selling their own stuff. (in 192 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

torib6
5/29/16

I bought something that was edible and it made me sick-long story short-I requested a refund and seller would not refund. I appealed to Etsy- which wasn't easy as they make it HARD to find anything on their website for instructions on filing a complaint. Anyway I had to ask TWICE for them to investigate. When I finally got their response, it was OBVIOUS from their language that they didn't have a clue as to what the problem was even though I articulated it thoroughly in my complaint! They ruled against me and closed the case. What idiots! Sad for the good sellers on Etsy but I will NEVER shop on Etsy again-ever! Ebay is ten times better.

markl157
5/23/16

Actually better than a personal website with google search and is free to start up! Visit my store to experience exellent service and a smooth transaction.: for glass pipes-etsy.com/shop/smokercraftglass
For glass jewelry- etsy.com/shop/LeeonDeMarco

bobc87
5/18/16

Hi, I ordered the Tony Montana picture and I received it yesterday, Took a little time, but I am satisfied with it and it looks great in my room.

Bob

brydies1
5/18/16

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING ON ETSY WITHOUT PAYPAL!!!! They will cover your butt if you run into a bad seller! I have had some amazing experiences with fantastic sellers offering awesome products on this site, and have come across flat out thieves. Etsy's so-called customer service is a worthless joke. They literally offer nothing in the event of a non-received item but an automated mediation between buyer and seller. There are no actual customer service reps that answer emails, no phone number to call and speak with a human being, and no direct questions answered. Just a list of "common questions" for you to read from. As long as you pay with PayPal ( no, I don't work for them) they will refund your money promptly in the event you don't receive an order. I think Etsy has the potential to be a great site if they upped their customer service skills big time, and made it a priority to give a crap about the people buying from their site.

melodys14
5/16/16

I placed an order on April 22. Said it was shipped out same day. Never received & contacted again said she sent another out. It is May 16 still not received anything tried to message about getting my money back & I have not heard one word from her!!! Will NEVER use Etsy again!!!

bradw35
5/13/16

I purchased an expensive custom table top from one of Etsy's sellers: GreatSpirit Hardwoods / SpiritCraft Design. The item arrived 5 weeks late and was damaged and defective. Repair costs exceeded $600.00. The seller refused to pay anything and Etsy refused to intervene. Apparently Etsy offers no buyer protection whatsoever! You're completely on your own if there's a problem. Customer service is non-existent. Avoid buying from Etsy!

luceror2
5/12/16

Please be really cautious when purchasing from here. The sellers tend to use different photos of their items. I purchased a ring based off of a picture the seller had and received a COMPLETELY different ring. Not happy at all, never again will I purchase from here.

denisem65
5/12/16

I have shopped thru etsy with success..but my recent attempt to purchase thru an etsy shop..RED LOLLIPOP BOUTIQUE.. has been a disaster with no help of a refund thru etsy..I have been thru case review and trust and security and neither seller RED LOLLIPOP BOUTIQUE or etsy have refunded my purchase price..as seller never shipped the crochet item .. it's been 30 days plus with no resolution.. their policy gives the buyer little or no protection from fraud or theft of funds..I am disappointed with Etsy and stay away from RED LOLLIPOP BOUTIQUE..if their product reflects it's business ethics..its sure to be disappointing

nancyb141
5/7/16

I ordered a two-tiered wine glass rack from Weldon Woodcrafts on Etsy, and it was shipped to me but damaged in the shipping process. I contacted Andrew Weldon/Weldon Woodcrafts about this, and he said he would contact the USPS. That was in the first part of March. I did not hear back from him and have sent him 3 more notes asking about the status, all of them unanswered.

The craftsmanship was okay, except that he used a piece of wood that had a knot in it and he also didn't use a very sturdy shipping box, and the box looked a little ragged when I got it. After having been thrown around by the U.S. Postal Service, it came to me with a big crack where the knot was. I paid $95 originally and then he asked for an additional $25 for shipping costs before he would send it out.

Tip for consumers: If you have a problem with your item you need to contact both the seller and Etsy (start a case with them). I waited for the seller to do something about the problem, and now the time has expired for me to make a case with Etsy. So I have no recourse now, since it has been over 60 days.

lloydj3
5/4/16

bought four paintings through etsy, was way lower quality than the seller charged and from the pictures showed, dust and hairs stick on the paintings and cheap canvas used. Showed the seller photo prof, she claimed that was not damage, and would not refund. Threat me with bad words. Remember to be very careful when shoping on Etsy, there are both good and bad sellers existing.

shanons1
5/4/16

I placed my order on Apr 16..on Apr 18 they sent an email saying it was shipped but I haven't received it as of yesterday May3. Got in contact with a "Sydney Miller to tell her about the issue. She or he was very rude & blamed me of being nasty. Told me that they would TRY to find my order?? Never said if they couldn't solve the problem I would be geting my money back. I will never ever order from them again. Guess that just money wasted. But I really feel like something should be done about the rude..disrespectful customer service.

geoffreym23
4/30/16

I had shopped on etsy.com. lately and the people are very ignorant and disrespectful to me. I will never shop with them again and never will. I recommend to everybody! Do not shop on etsy.com. The people are very ignorant and disrespectful. You don't need anything from them.

janb64
4/28/16

I have bought my wedding dress and rings with Etsy - waiting on the rings (fingers crossed) but the dress was perfect. Sadly however, I also bought some bangles for me and my best friend, and when they arrived they were big enough only for a toddler, made of cheap plastic when they should have been 'gold plated brass with gemstones' as in the description and picture. I messaged the seller,https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Jumkha - telling her about this and that unless there was a speedy resolution I would be sure to give a bad review (meaning the service AND product) so as to give her a chance to sort this out. The seller is making me pay for shipping to return the rubbish AND has accused me of having a 'poor tone' - well of COURSE I am pissed off about having bought crap! THEN Etsy.com's 'trust' service contacts me accusing me of trying to EXTORT the seller - suggesting I was threatening a bad review completely randomly - no mention and certainly no apology was made for the blatantly misrepresented items being sold by this seller (there was a BUBBLE in my 'gemstone' - clearly a plastic POS as incredibly light to handle too!). All in all I am disgusted by this site now and will sadly, never buy there again, since which I HAVE had good experiences, the attitude of Etsy itself is worrying - they won't refund shipping costs and accuse buyers like me who have spent hundreds with them of EXTORTION when sellers sell them crap. Unbelievable - sad. AVOID.

michellem165
4/23/16

I ordered from a seller who completely misrepresented what I thought I was getting. She used a stock photo for several lots. When I discovered this, I requested a refund. Seller lied and claimed the lots had already been shipped, yet no tracking number was given until 2 weeks later. I filed a complaint through Etsy who refused to do anything. I left very negative reviews, reported Etsy to the BBB and deleted my account. Never again!

maryannk4
4/22/16

Rip off product never received Tina eldor jewelery is foreign seller did not send item and was no help to try to resolve

Tip for consumers: Don't order from seller Tina eldor jewelery rip off items not received

ialantaa
4/19/16

I ordered the bouquet from Wedideas and was very disappointed. The flowers didn't look the same as they are on the picture. Super small size and not that white at all. They are OK for a flower girl but not for the bride. I wasn't able to use them for my wedding because it was super embarrassing.

Tip for consumers: Returns and quality 0 stars. They don't process a refund

marcelk15
4/15/16

most reviewers tending to the negative seem not to understand that Etsy is a platform and not an online shop
you will have to choose with care which seller you are buying off, as you will have to on any online platform
if the seller accepts paypal not much can go wrong: if the item deos not arrive or is defective, you can get a refund
what's very nice about Etsy is the wide range of handmade and/or vintage items, as such a wide array is not available elsewhere in such concentrated form AFAIK

debbies87
4/14/16

I ordered 3 separate items 1 arrived on time one was lost in shipping has to resend and the other my granddaughter has to pay postage to pick it up as Etsy did not pay proper shippimg

sams264
4/6/16

This website is absolutely ridiculous almost everything on here is not handmade. They have copyright infringement that have no back up, you can literally go on and be like "I don't like this shop so I'll report their items" then Etsy.com does not review it they say oh well not our problem even though there is no proof of copyright. Honestly pathetic for a company claiming to help small businesses.

noral9
4/6/16

I love Etsy. It's full of individual businesses. You will find anything you want here and if you don't someone, probably several businesses, will make it for you. I go to Etsy all the time for gifts and for unique items I want for myself. One of a kind pieces. running leggings, jewelry, furniture, car accessories...so many things. It's awesome.

peterh131
4/5/16

We ordered a Angle Mask which was advertised with photo on Esty website from a Mr Tatum Scheuermann . We ordered this for my daughter back in Nov-2015 in order to receive by Christmas. The seller Tatum promised he would have by Christmas, well one week before deliverey he said he was ill and not able to send till later. Well Jan rolled around still nothing then Feb and then the seller Tatum said he was still waiting for eyes for the mask 2 months and by the way which never came . Then he came up with more excuses , he said now there was severe thunder storms in his area and the several weeks later he said flooding. I got feed up with all these excuses so I checked weather reports for his area and zip code and the weather was just fine he was delaying again . It took 5 months to receive the mask we ordered and it was nothing evn close to what was advertised , we spent $110 dollars waited 5 months for something we will never use, the craftmanship is like something from a 7- 8 yr old . Please stay away from this seller Tatum Scheuermann which advertises Angel Masks because this person is a big rip -off and you'll be very dissappointed. We are out of $110 and my 11 yr old daughter is very sad/dissapointed, you been warned do not buy anything from Tatum Scheuermann.

nicolej34
4/5/16

I have never had a problem ordering from etsy. I have ordered from them several times and have no complaints. Always great customer service and prompt shipping!

mikel240
3/29/16

I just received my shirts from David. I must say he does quality work and is very proffessional. I definitely will more business with him.

missm11
3/23/16

Ordered from 5 different shops and only 1 had no issues.....

Aura Heels - product was perfect - no issues with shipping or anything.

The worst was KulturShop. She read my order wrong, misinformed me on where to return the item. I paid for return shipping twice. She tried every trick in the book to get out of giving me the refund. Thankfully eventually I did get the refund.

It's a bunch of bs dealing with most shops on etsy and it's unfortunate.

geoffreym32
3/21/16

I happened to found my package that was lost or stolen. But if something like that happens again, I want esty costomer care to give me some $#*!ing respect! Because I don't play with anybody. I will kill someone!

555 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

53 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Etsy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
4 weeks ago
Answer
angiep21
A: I say ignore her and she should stop. If you keep responding, she will keep being a jerk. Contact Etsy about the harassment. Good luck. We've all had our own crazies from time to time. It comes with the territory.
3 weeks ago