US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

annym4
8/16/16

I never had any problems with them until now. I order my favorite Indonesian items from this website on Sunday, July 24, 2016. I never got any confirmation about shipping information. I am waiting for 2 weeks, still no confirmation. Checking their website again, it is said packaged but never have the shipping information. I sent the email, no response. Complain to their website, no response. Call them, no response. Post my message in their facebook page, they removed my post without any resolve. Finally, I cannot stand it and call my credit card company. If you have bad management, then please don't charge anybody's credit card. It is just FRAUD!!!!!

angryc39
8/12/16

Company does not have customer service. Voice mail only. Bunch of expired products (seriously, you can usually see traces of the expiration dates being erased/tampered with. And by the way, EVERY food product has to have an expiration date on it. So if you don't see it on your cans/noodles/bottles it's because it has been erased). They sell frozen foods yet I look over and over on the public record of frozen foods permits in OKC, and they are not there!

Save yourselves from bad diarrhea

elainec37
6/16/16

I placed 3 orders from them. First two was alright but the last one was unacceptable. They selling you old rice that full of bugs and brown powder in the bag (AKA very old). Canned food were all bent and udon started generated brown water inside. When you look at the expiration date, everything is 2-3 months before it expired. I also order 2 canned of veggie but send me something different.
I tired to contact them but no respond.
So DON'T even think to buy from them!

marys349
5/13/16

I have not received all of my orders & no response from the emails sent to the company.

myjamasw
5/12/16

Per their website it states a 14 days delivery of goods. Mine was completely lost in their system. Only after I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges, it took them nearly 1 month to ship my items and this was AFTER my credit card company contacted them. My goods arrived all damaged. Cans were packed with noodles, bottles with cans and each cans were all damaged. $160.00 worth of goods damaged! In addition, one item was missing.

I'll take the time to physically go to the shops.

robh54
4/19/16

I received my order. However, it is missing some items. I tried to contact eFoodDepot on emails, website contact form, and voice mail. No one responded to me. FYI, they don't have life customer service. When you call their phone #, you are connected to a voice mail. I am still waiting for them to respond to resolve the missing items. They still owe me about $14. Stay away from them. They are the worse online store I have dealt with.

Here is my update on 4/26/2016: The store finally contacted me by email after 10 days. They asked for picture of the shipping list and offered a gift card if it was true that the items were missing. I told them I preferred to get the missing items shipped to me or my card credited for those missing items. So, I am hoping my issue with them will get taken care of soon.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from them. Even though their price is slightly cheaper by couple pennies, it is not worth it since they missed shipping some of my items. So, it actually costs me a lot more to buy from their website. In addition, if you have issues with them, you cannot contact them to get it resolved. Their phone number leads to voice mail and no one calls back. No one responds to emails either.

stevenc85
11/14/15

I purchased goods totaling $44.00 from eFood Depot and saw on their FAQ that they ship within 1-3 days after purchase and email buyer with shipping info. (tracking, etc.). After fourth day and still seeing my order was pending on my account I called their customer service line and got a recording saying no one was available. I tried again later that day and got the same recording and left a message for a call back and did not got one. I sent an email to them inquiring about my order. Got no reply. Did same thing next day and told them if they were not going to ship my items to cancel it. Got no response. Finally, I contacted PayPal who I made the purchase through, and filed a claim. Fortunately everything I ordered from eFood can be purchased from other online sellers. eFood Depot has both the worst customer service and seemingly worst business management I have
encountered for this type of online business. I recommend trying other online sellers first.

lainr
11/10/15

No word on shipping status. No word on refunding my money back either. I told them I was going out of town soon and need to know the shipping date, their response was "when are you going out of town? " haven't heard from them since. If I don't get a response soon, I'll turn them in to the appropriate bureau.

balis
1/18/15

Ordered Kopi from here. Firstly, great site for providing such food from home cause I couldn't find Kopi here in Boston. Good price and was shipped on time and got the package in good condition. Will definitely use the site for food from home :)

danielk27
12/13/14

This site is great! There are so many items to choose from that I couldn't easily find anywhere else. I placed a fairly sized order on the 23rd of November and I received it in no time. I did call customer service for a bit of help because it was my first time purchasing food online and they were really helpful. My package arrived fast and it was exactly what I ordered. I am definitely a satisfied customer and will be ordering for the upcoming holiday.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you understand the quantities of the foods that you need and what's available on the site. It can sometimes be easy to order too much or too little of what you actually want.

truct
12/13/14

Thank you efooddepot very much. All my Asian food craving are always satisfied. This site makes me very happy. I live very far away from Asian market, and the closet one is very small. I barely can find anything good there. I started to look online and I found efooddepot. It is a very convenient site. I can see a variety of Asian food selections, such as Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Indonesian.... :) I can find a lot of ingredients to make my favorite home food dishes. That's how this site makes me a happy girl. It's very easy to use and the prices are very reasonable. The thing I love the most is the $6.99 base shipping up to 10lbs, much better than other sites I have tried. I am so happy that I could find all my favorite snacks on here as well. I ordered here about 5 times already, and I love it. So, I thought I could write something to share with other Asian fellows. I will definitely continue to order from efooddepot again. Thumbs up ! :) My last order was on Nov 21st 2014.

terryj24
12/12/14

I was a bit skeptical with some very old bad reviews in 2012 and 2013 but since the change of mgt the company has really done well with positive reviews. I decided to give them a try because I AM a foodie and I live in the country with access to nothing international or gourmet. I am pleased because they had fast shipping despite the holiday rush. VERY good prices and the best customer service. They responded right away to my inquiry.

elital
12/4/14

I've been a customer for awhile now so. I think I have a better review than most people. I started buying from efood back in 2013, and had some issues. (nothing major, just shipping delays) but since 2014 it seems they turned the leaf. All orders were shipped quick, packed nicely and very courteous customer service. One time I ordered some chocolate and they called prior to shipping explaining that the chocolates are closed to exp date (2 months left), asked if I still wanted it for refund or do a full refund. I'm so touched that they would even called to let me know ahead of time and of course I kept the order and they were delicious. But my point is they really do take care of each order and they get my respect for it! Will be buying from this store for a long long time!

briannac5
11/27/14

Best online shopping experience! I love this company. This is the first time that I have ever ordered from them but after my experience, I will be a returning customer. I commend them on their professionalism and excellent customer service. I called customer service after placing an order to check if it'll arrive certain date and they assured that it will.To my surprise, it arrived two days earlier than the date! Prices are reasonable (in fact cheaper than a lot of other stores). I used to buy these items from amazon but now will stick to efooddepot as they sell them at least 20% less than Amazon. Highly Recommended.

lindsayj13
11/26/14

I love ordering food and having it delivered! It is so convenient!This is the best grocery site I've tried! The prices are amazing, most prices are better than local stores. Everything was fresh and delivered in record time. I will be using eFoodDepot for most purchases in the future!!

liamp12
11/19/14

Order arrived quickly. All foods were delicious and fresh. CS responds very quickly and with great courtesy.

hannyl2
11/13/14

I've had such a pleasant experience with this grocery shop. I had never shopped for my groceries online, but I am glad to have picked eFoodDepot. They have a great selection of foods and the best Indomie noodles!

It was easy to shop and I received my order within the week of the order. It was a great experience and I will definitely recommend it to my friends.

melissam37
11/9/14

I love making elaborate meals for my family and often make ethnic dishes. This is a great site because they have all the hard to find ingredients that I need. While we have an Asian market in our city it's not close to our home. Ordering online is so much easier. The food arrives fast, the prices are reasonable and it arrives high quality and fresh.

adamh31
10/28/14

I ordered noodles that the local store in Kansas City is usually out of. The order arrived within a week. No problems. Got everything as ordered. Am ordering again today.

rheap
10/23/14

Do not sign up for efooddepot.com. Save yourself! I signed up because I moved to a new city and couldn't find this cheap (but delicious) Vietnamese instant coffee mix anywhere in a store. When they email you, there's a fake option to unsubscribe at the bottom. It's just underlined text that says 'unsubscribe'. There's no real option to unsubscribe. And there's no way to deactivate your account either. I also tried emailing them through their 'contact us' page, but they never responded to me about how to deactivate my account and to be taken off of their mailing list.

Unless you want spam and the possibility of a virus, do not sign up. This site should be shut down.

rons48
9/11/14

I just ordered a small $60.00 order on 9/4/14.
I received an e-mail/receipt from them that day.
I received an e-mail with tracking info on 9/8/14.
I received the package on 9/11/14.
I called the various companies and checked out the codes on the packages to ensure the food was not expired. ALL the food had good dates. (Most is from the USA).
eFoodDepot did charge me a $9.00 fee for "weight", BUT, I would have spent more in gas trying to find all these exotic bags of rice. I am more than satisfied!
I WILL CERTAINLY ORDER AGAIN.

Tip for consumers: Read on various websites about how to receive and store grains to ensure it's pest free, and to keep it years past expiration dates.

tungn2
3/20/14

Order on the 16th then read reviews. So scare that I wanted to cancel. But some reviews states that even order is canceled, still too much headache to get your money back. So I assume that my money is gone. Just wait to see if they'll ever mail my order or mailing incomplete order. To my surprise, a big heavy box show up on my front porch today the 20th. Only 4 days from the order date. I open the box, get my ipad login to my order and check every item in the box. Surprisingly, everything is there, well pack and so. Maybe i was the lucky one or what. I don't know. Still not believe! Maybe i will make a few more orders over time to see what happen.

dianab13
1/10/14

I ordered a bunch of food as a christmas gift. If never arrived. When I called they said Fedex says the delivered it and left it at the door....it is an apartment building in the city of philadelphia (maybe someone walking by enjoyed it??)... efooddepot says since fedex says it was delivered they are not responsible. NEVER AGAIN!

mayac2
9/23/13

I ordered last sept 11 and my package delivered last saturday sept 21 with nice box and when I open it I was surprise that the chocolates that I got had no expiration label, they removed it and also the tuna cans doesn't have expiration date but the others that I ordered are fine, I just shocked why those people are still in the business and I hope that they can still sleep good night after all that they doing monkey business. I thought that they are legit because they have address and phone but unpportunately aren't. BEWARE people whoever attempt to order on this company make sure you read all the reviews and search them carefully before you place order. they betrayed many costumers just to make a profit and they don't care about consumers. It lesson to be learn for me

ts43
9/19/12

I ordered a delightful mix of Asian snacks that can't be found in the rural area where I live. They got my order correct; only 1 out of the 5 items that I ordered had an expiration date printed on it, and it was well within the expiration date. I'll definitely be a repeat customer.

The only reason I give them 4 stars instead of 5 is that shipping was a little slow (I ordered on September 7th and the package arrived on September 18th). But I guess I can't complain about the shipping since it was only $6.99 for a 7-and-a-half pound package. Also, 2 out of the 3 cans of lychees that I ordered had dents in them.

Edited to add: After the fourth time ordering from them I began to get suspicious as to why none of the food items had expiration dates printed on them -- so I downgraded them to 3 stars.

Edited to add: On my fifth order more of the items had expiration dates. However, the bag of Kasugai gummy candy I ordered was more than a year past the expiration date, though it tastes fine. It's not worth the return shipping charge to return this item to efooddepot./

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eFoodDepot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question