US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sams214
10/16/15

Do NOT use this company. Dress was very different from the picture they stole from another vendor's company. Their Customer Service is even worse than the dress. There is NO RETURN POLICY despite what their site indicates. I went through PayPal and was able to get my money back.

Once PayPal returned my money they THEN wanted the dress back. They couldn't use the dress as "handmade custom for you special from fine material" (since when is hot glue a fine material??) and returning the dress would be "waste of dress maker and time money."

They now wanted the dress since they weren't being paid and they threatened to have "black credit record done to you" which would "do bad to your life" because the didn't want to "harass you as well!"

They also keep changing their site name and change bad reviews on their site to 5 star.

marilyng9
9/28/15

Ordered a dress that looked nothing like on the picture. You could tell it was meant to be the same dress but it was quite different. I tried to return it and they wouldn't take it back. Terrible company. Terrible customer service.

vicied
9/26/15

Buyer beware! Dressale is nothing but a rip off! Questions about your order.....don't expect any help!

lp34
9/25/15

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT PLACING AN ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!
I Bought a dress from Dressale. As stated by most reviewers they don't know how to make a dress, nor do they have any standards or customer service to fulfill an order correctly. They steal your money and have you emailing back and forth to no end.. Now that I have returned the dress directly to their sweat shop in China (Address and Account is on the label when the dress arrives - save the shipping label) I have an insurance company writing to tell me that someone has submitted an insurance claim for the exact amount I paid for the dress I ordered from Dressale. NOW what do you call this? Someone has used my name to submit a claim to an insurance company for the exact amount I paid Dressale for a dress that was returned back to them, which was made WRONG and NO good to me! I am seeking further action. BE AWARE!

tamid1
8/15/15

My dress was ordered one size larger than I normally wear. Still does not come close to fitting. I have been emailing them back and forth now for ten days. Their response is very rude and belittling. They will not issue a return ticket telling me it is my fault I ordered the wrong size. I ordered a premade size....not an individually tailored piece. If someone has the address to return please let me know as I want this dress to go back to them! I've filed a dispute claim with both my credit care and PayPal. Do NOT do business with them....this has been the biggest hassle ever!!

irmam5
8/6/15

THIS SITE IS A RIP OFF. DO NOT SHOP HERE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY...THEY LIE ABOUT SHIPMENTS. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR DAYS. THEN OFFER ONKY A 20 % OF MY NEXT ORDER. THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND A FREE PAIR OF WEDDING SHOES IF I COMPLETD THE ORDERS SAME DAY. THEY ACCUSED ME OF EDITING THEIR EMAIL AND WOULD NOT ADMIT THEIR SALES REP LIED. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. HORRIBLE.

soniag7
7/25/15

i buy a dress and when i got it it was too small and i did not get my money back so i would not buy anything more that come from DRESSALE.com and i did not know that it did not make in the usa it make in china and i pay a lot of money for it

elaa1
7/16/15

Got a dress complete disaster. No way I could wear to a wedding. Top part did not align with the bottom part. Slit was too high and way out on side. Terrible customer service. Asked was to get it fixed locally. Nobody locally would even touch dress to fix it. Never order from them.

donnas75
7/1/15

i ordered a dress two sizes too big to make sure it would fit and when it arrived it was two sizes two small. I emailed the company and they said to lay it flat and measure it and take photos of it which I did and they said I didn't do it right. They also sent the wrong color so u wouldn't wAnt it if it did fit. They won't exchange it or refund my money. They said they would give me a discount on another dress but I don't want to take the chance of it being wrong again. So now I'm out $226 and have no dress. They didn't label the size on the dress or even include a packing slip in the box.

tashas5
6/9/15

This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had. DON"T DO IT!! I sent my purchase back. The emails back and forth for 3 months are so irritating and repetitive on their part. I give up trying to get my money back.

ciannem
6/8/15

I feel so stupid for not reading these reviews before using this company. The dress I ordered did not show up in time for my event. I tried to cancel the order and was told the dress was made and I couldn't cancel it without a BARRAGE of fees which were nearly 3/4 of the cost of the dress. I had countless email exchanges with them - they are the most crooked company I have ever dealt with. When the dress finally showed up it was the WRONG color!!! When I told them that they said I was wrong and to look at an attached color chart, but there was no attachment. I sent them photos of the dress which was supposed to be dark green and it was a teal blue. I sent them a copy of my invoice which showed my order to be DARK GREEN, and they still will not do anything at all. I am SO furious and feel SO frustrated that I am just stuck with this $185 dress that I will never wear. I will take it up with PayPal but I double I will ever see my money or the correct color of dress I ordered. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE - THEY ARE FRAUDS!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

christ2991
6/5/15

Company has no HONOR! Ordered a dress with major issues. Followed the directions for a return..23 emails back and forth with their Customer Service with they can refund me 10% for my troubles. Still fighting - Return Order # 173105. This return situation has gone from being an annoyance to MORAL IMPERATIVE.

diannep4
6/3/15

Came upon this website by accident. Pictures of the dresses very deceiving. Checked the return policy before I ordered. Guaranteed return if damaged - what a joke. First, the dress was 6 weeks in coming (from off the rack -- not a custom job). Finally received it only to find that the zipper does not move, up or down. Tried everything I could think of to move the zipper without ripping the dress. Attempted to return the item as damaged. Sent pictures. Was told by customer service that "from the pictures the dress looks fine." How can you tell that a zipper doesn't work from the pictures? Spent way too much $$$ for something I will never be able to wear. Do not waste your time here.

davidg157
6/1/15

Well I got a piece a $#*! from this people with one sleeve longer than the other . after them giving me a million excuses and not accepting my return and offering me only 20% . I dwny and I started a claim with my bank. I had to submit evidence of the emails and pictures but hey I got all my money back.and now dressale is harrasing me to send their dress back and telling me I have to paid for shipping. Which they can suck on it because I don't have to do anything. So if you are in the same situation go to your bank. Don't let this people steal your money.

shellyr5
5/26/15

If you would like to keep your sanity, just run away from this website. Ordering a dress for perhaps the most important event of your life should be enjoyable and exciting. I ordered a dress through dressale to save some money but I didn't check reviews for the company before I did so. Which was completely irresponsible. The morning after I ordered I came across this site and immediately went to dressale to cancel my order and get a refund. Their policy is a full refund if cancelled within 24 hours. I cancelled in 17. I won't get into the nitty gritty details of my numerous messages to them as after a week of arguing with them I did get a refund. They will not honor their policy, so just do yourself a favor and order elsewhere. I finally got my refund because I went to my bank and filled out a "disputed charges" form that was sent to Dressale. Make informed decisions about those you are giving money to for a product or service and protect your assets and information.

teresan7
5/26/15

This company has been the worst to deal with. After the dress showing up way to big, I have gotten no where with trying to get a return address. After reviewing their website, it says they pride themselves on having a REASONABLE return and exchange policy. When you try to open then link, the paged has suddenly expired. Trying to deal with the customer services incorrect grammar and limited insight into how bad they return policy is, has been a miserable experience. Do not order from this company as it will likely be a miserable experience for you as well.

Horrible company. Horrible customer service. Stay away from this company.

janh38
5/17/15

I ordered a 3 piece champagne outfit and got a 2 piece yellow strapless outfit. I bought through Paypal and am still fighting for a credit. Return shipping charges are mine to bear - roughly half the cost of my purchase. Don't buy from them!

kristinai
5/15/15

Please do not buy from Dressale! They will send you $#*!ty merchandise and then if you want to return it you'll have to pay hundreds of dollars. I can't believe I didn't research more before buying--this has been the worst online buying experience of my life. Customer service was terrible and now they are threatening to SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Filing a complaint with BBB. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! I guarantee any good reviews are being written by their cheating, scheming, horrible employees.

lorit15
5/11/15

I already submitted my review, but I want Pay Pal to get involved. They told me in a phone conversation that if there were enough negative reviews, they would not work with this company. Ok, I think these reviews say it all! This company needs to be shut down! Worst ever!

kellye16
5/8/15

The measurements I provided for a custom made dress were apparently ignored. The dress does not fit and I contacted DresSale for return instructions and got nowhere. They demanded "powerful evidence" photos showing the dress measurements, so I sent photos to them on several occasions - each time receiving absurd, illiterate replies. It's my own fault for not realizing DresSale is in the country that sent us poison formula and dog food, and rotten sheetrock. Bottom lines is that all sales are final regardless of whether or not they send you what you ordered.

jenniferw82
5/7/15

Please contact PayPal and issue a complaint about this business! I called and they are holding payment and refunding me! If Paypal gets enough complaints maybe they will not allow Dressale to do use them anymore. This will hurt their business in a very large way! In the US call 1-800-221-1161 outside US call 1-402-935-2050. Please everyone do this! Lets shut them down!

sarahm125
5/2/15

Don't order a dress from dressale.com, no matter how good the price is. No matter how much proof you have that they have made a faulty dress, they will not refund it at all. I emailed them around 20 photos documenting with a tape measure, and they still wouldn't refund the dress.

The dress they made for us was too large in the bust by 2 cup sizes, they said this is to be expected. The neckline was visibly crooked, they did not scale the proportions of the dress at all. Meaning, the model of the dress was a woman who was very tall, we had the dress made for my daughter who is at least a foot shorter and they did not scale it. So my daughter looked like she was playing dress up in clothing 2 sizes too big.

cierrahc
4/30/15

My mom found this website and I found a dress that I really liked, so not thinking anything I just went ahead and ordered and after receiving a weird email that looked like a computer threw together it scared me so then I went and looked at reviews. I was stressed out for 2 weeks until I received the dress. I bugged them like every 2 days on live chat! I'm happy with my dress, it fits and looks great. The beading does look different on the dress then it did in the picture but it still looks great.

kymmd
4/30/15

I am so sick and tired of fighting dressale.com...so I am going to every website that has complaints on them and pasting my complaint and any info that I have on them to shut them down and have people to stop being scammed and cheated by them.

Li Yin

China

Telephone 15151501502

robertap4
4/25/15

I ordered a satin evening jacket which is very cheap looking and does not fit right. I have spent so much time trying to find out how to return it. I have submitted 3 so-called tickets, had online chats, and sent multiple emails, along with photographs that they insisted on. The final straw was the email I received this morning. They sent me detailed directions for how to take multiple measurements of the jacket. I have filed a complaint with the FTC but am pretty much resigned to accepting the loss. I am just so angry but cannot waste any more time trying to resolve this. Seems like that's their strategy and they have succeeded.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/5/16
Answer
lorib78
A: Do not order from here. If you don't like it, you cannot return it. I Challenge the purchase on PayPal and that may be my only resolution. On a $176 purchase, they have only offered to refund me $45.00. I have declined their offer. Don't ruin your day by buying from this company.
4 days ago