US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

debral36
11/6/16

Ordered dress-simple satin seath with lace overlay. Sleeves were totally even, lace seen on one side and hem uneven. They refused to refund over $140 dollars for an unwearable dress. BBB and credit card company involved now

karens245
10/6/16

My neice ordered her wedding dress from this company and was very happy. When I ordered my dress I knew it was a gamble but I couldn't find a wedding dress I liked so thought it was worth a shot. Within minutes of placing my order the company called and asked how high my heels were going to be, my neck measurements, my height, etc.The dress came in about 2 weeks in the same package as my maid of honor' s. Her dress was also beautiful and well made. The wedding dress was great! The quality was very good. I ordered it in champagne, it was just right, an antique lace color. I had it taken in and hemmed but only because I lost weight and decided on lower heels.
Everyone at the wedding commented on how beautiful my dress was. It was comfortable and felt elegant. I ordered a size 14 and normally wear a 10/12 so they run a little small.

anan137
9/19/16

Don't even think about buying from them. I ordered a size 4 and they sent me a 6. I told via email ( they don't a phone) and asked them if it would be possible to exchange for the right size. One person asked me for pictures, another for my size, another ( very rude) said that I got what I ordered and to go to a tailor,another even ruder said the same. I emailed with 5 different people that they mislead me asking for proof of what I needed and then they said no. They are Scammers and don't care because they think you will only use them once and then it will be it. The quality of the fabric is horrible. Be aware.

carmenl33
9/13/16

Even if you buy the cheapest dress they have and you lower your expectations, this company is not a legitimate company and is likely to rip you off. They are located in China which significantly delays and inflates shipping costs. They do not allow returns because even dresses for which you pay several hundred dollars are not worth the cost of returns to them (according to their customer service). They refuse to give a return address. Their policy about measuring and tailoring a dress to your measurements is bogus. I received a dress with measurements wildly different from the measurements I requested and they refused to remedy the situation by allowing me to return the dress or refunding my money or paying for any alterations.This is a terrible company.

brynnem
9/1/16

Ordering was a breeze, dress was exactly as described, arrived super fast and fit perfectly! Will definitely place future orders.

latiyam
8/23/16

Rating- Big fat 0!!!! I bought a dress from dresssale.com & it was totally different from what was on the website! The color didn't match! I tried to cancel the dress because it was taking too long & they said they did not issue refunds! The dress was too small & not made like it was shown on the website! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from them! I wish I could post the picture!

gittap
8/20/16

I have the same bad experience with them as you all and I found THIS:
The picture I posted is from the Internet, and the women on it is on a picture that was posted as a person who bought a dress from Dressale, stating she is real. The women on the picture is Susana Vieira's daughter-in-law, Ketryn Goetten. If she indeed made that comment, I apologize... You can find the image of her among the pictures at the bottom of the page. I bet she did not order her dress from them. The review has the stile of the letters I keep receiving from cust service reps. So hilarious.......
Just google
casamento filho susana vieira
:))))

rachels103
8/17/16

No tags. Totally different dress and material. Horrible.

nancym130
8/13/16

I have tons of e mails from them Kept me busy after I tried to cancel the dress because they tried to charge me twice Nagged me to let them ship it I did It was the worst looking ill fitting thing ever Not like the picture at all. Wouldn't let me return it but I did anyway to the only address provided but was told it was a shipping station The finally offered 1/2 the dress price after I paid 30 $ to get it here and 23 to send it back I kept all e nails which total about 60 Dtill had to buy a dress over the counter for my wedding They asked me to send pictures of me in the dress when I said it was small in the bust .... No way !!!!! BEWARE. !!!!

maryd199
7/28/16

Like so many others, I purchased a dress. It was too small. They are playing email games. I have never dealt with a company that refuses to give a refund for a purchase. No doubt their employees are indentured slaves. I will never buy from China again. It's much cheaper to pay a bit more and deal with a reputable company. To think, I just paid $160.00 for a rag! NO stars

irisl10
7/18/16

I purchase a dress for my mother in law for my wedding and it came awful...I paid too much money for a dress made from one of their un professional tailor. I have submitted several complaints about the dress no respond to resolve the problem, please don't buy from this website it's the worst. I would not want you to experience the awful experience I had with them.

viergelaa
6/28/16

Made the mistake of ordering from this company. After receiving my 2 sizes too small dress and being told I would not get a refund I found these previous complaints for the same dress but under a different product number. See below:
WORST COMPANY EVER--Threatened to sell my personal info 5/15/15
Please do not buy from Dressale! They will send you $#*!ty merchandise and then if you want to return it you'll have to pay hundreds of dollars. I can't believe I didn't research more before buying--this has been the worst online buying experience of my life. Customer service was terrible and now they are threatening to SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Filing a complaint with BBB. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! I guarantee any good reviews are being written by their cheating, scheming, horrible employees.
Do not buy from this company!!!5/11/16
They sent me a dress from jChina, with no size tags, or tags of any kind! No receipt, just post marked from China. The dress was way too small, and I cannot get an address to return it. I am having my credit card dispute this. What a hassle , this company should be turned in to the better business bureau. In fact, I think I will do just that.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS 5/4/16
If I could give no stars I would. Worst customer service ever. Ordered dress according to their directions and it came back too small. Asked to return and followed their many emails back to me. They offered only 5% back on dress and that they did nothing wrong. My advise, never order from a company that is based in China....
Cara S. Worse shopping experience ever! 3/1/16
The company is a total rip off! They are not custom made. They won't ship until they get your measurements and then when the dress doesn't fit they say it is a standard size based on their designer charts. I would have no problem returning the dress for a refund, but that isn't an option with Dressale.com. Very hard to communicate with... Unethical and sly practices.
Don't get SCAMMED! 2/20/16
Worst company ever! Reporting them for scam! 2/17/16
Oh sure, the pictures on line look nice but... I, as the Mother of the Bride, ordered a dress from this company. In the picture online it looked nice. I ordered it 2 sizes larger because I had a feeling it would be made small and I could just get it altered if need be. I'm a 10, I ordered a 14. When I received the dress 2 months later,...

elvae3
6/19/16

I ordered a dress and I received it in a bad condition, I payed 160$ + shipping. The dress came with a hole and other damages and they told me that they are only giving me $14 back to fix the damaged and refused to give me a full refund back. The fabric is very poor quality. Attached are some pictures. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.

roxannec5
5/11/16

valeriel20
5/4/16

catherineh44
3/29/16

This company is not honest. Their clothes are not what you see in their adds.
I ordered a dress for a wedding and after weeks it arrived too small and not looking at all like the add.
I cannot get an address from them to send it back so they have my money and I have a dress that is of no use to me.

drear4
3/4/16

Pleas save your money people the are false advertising everything.. Your purchase will not look as shown on pictures... It is a big scam and these people need to be shut down for good!!!! Sons of $#*!es!!!! And please be aware that 3-5 day shipping means 3-5 weeks instead!!!!!

caras6
3/1/16

The company is a total rip off! They are not custom made. They won't ship until they get your measurements and then when the dress doesn't fit they say it is a standard size based on their designer charts. I would have no problem returning the dress for a refund, but that isn't an option with Dressale.com. Very hard to communicate with any representatives. Don't waste your time or money! Rating 1 star because NO stars are allowed by this site! Buying American made only from know on!

briannam13
2/29/16

I AM NOT affiliated with Dressale. This is an honest review. I stumbled across Dressale looking for a prom dress I had seen pictured in multiple other places before. I ordered, because it was on sale, put in custom measurements, and the same night, received an email telling me that things were confirmed..blah blah. It was set to arrive on March 3rd. I ordered Jan 29th.
1. The emailing is sketchy. I do agree that they are not always clear, and they have trouble understanding. Keep your emails simple and they should reply wholeheartedly.
2. PUT IN CUSTOM MEASUREMENTS. I can not stress enough that the extra $20 is worth it. Do not trust sizing on sites if you have the ability to be specific. My dress came in and fit my like a glove. If you want to order it bigger to have it taken in if needed, then add a few inches to your custom sizing, but do not choose a preset.
3. Getting insurance is up to you, but remember they are shipping from China, and since some reviews are not reliable, there is no way of knowing whether or not your dress is stuck somewhere in an alley or in the ocean. They might snag you with the "you can not return it after 7 days" bill.
4. Don't get your hopes up. Sure, what is pictured may look really good, but that is not you standing in the dress. Do not expect yourself to look like a model, you should expect just a well made dress that flatters you in the right areas. (I'm shocked that people bought wedding dresses on this site.)
5. Give it time to process and ship. I waited a whole month. My dress arrived the 29th of February, earlier then expected.
I hope these little tips helped, but remember that not everything is as it seems on many of these sites. Be careful with your money, and make sure you read up on reviews before ordering-always!

louisep34
2/20/16

I ordered a dress with customer measurements and color. Prior to placing the order I wanted to confirm the material of the dress I was purchasing. The online chat representative confirmed it was satin however, when I received the dress it was chiffon. There was an option for gold or silver beading. I choose gold and instead of beading received an awful sequins. Also, the only thing tailored to my measurements was the length. I reached out to them with proof of my order and the confirmation from the rep prior to my order as well as an email confirming what I ordered. They insist on me keeping the dress because, I quote " We have no use for it." Initially I asked them to send what I ordered and they continue offering me discounts in 5% increments insisting I keep the dress. At this point the occasion has passed and I will like my full refund and the return address to send the dress back (which they will not provide after asking multiple times.)

judyn14
2/17/16

Oh sure, the pictures on line look nice but...
When I received the dress 2 months later, it was stuck in a cardboard box, inside out and was so stiff, very unlike how it looked in the picture. When I went to try it on I could not even get my arm in it. I have no idea what size this was, but definitely not what I ordered.
I emailed this company 4 times regarding this problem and they never replied.
I then went to their "chat" online and they gave me an email address for support.
When I explained the problem they said I was too late to return it, that I only had 7 days...whaaaaaat????
Then they told me to measure the dress and take pictures to send them. When I did they said I was sent a 14. Then they told me to keep it!
I don't know who these people think they are to treat a customer this way. I originally had no idea it was coming directly from China. If I had I would not have ordered it in the first place.
This company claims to be in Kentucky, not China. There products are less than acceptable and their customer service even worse. What a scam...I
I'll reporting them.

wendya26
1/8/16

Ordered dress as a size 6 (cause that is my size) and I received it in the form of a Barbie doll dress! It was so small, no one would of fit in it! They absolutely will not exchange it for a different size! GORGEOUS dress, but I am not a size 0! If I cant have it fixed I will call my credit card company and dispute it! They are the biggest scam artists I have seen on the internet, and they are the reason I hate to buy stuff on line!!

fatimaa14
12/21/15

I recently ordered a dress from this site and it was fantastic! The dress looked EXACTLY like the photo from the website. I truly recommend this site, especially because everything is super cheap and affordable !

ileanap
12/8/15

This website fraudulently steels consumers money. Even if you cancel your order before it ships or even processes, they refuse to refund your full money. They do not comply with what their own terms are for refund unless theyre scamming you into deducting a million fees and returning only a portion of your monies for no items recieved. They dont readily disclose the amount of processing time each item takes before they even ship it so they are misleading consumers on their website. Ive beem trying since the 29th of Nov. to get my money back with no success. I opened a PayPal dispute and tomorrow Im calling my bank.

loise8
11/28/15

I received the dress and it was cheap and stiff and too small; and they will not give me a refund. they said "Please understand"!!!!!!! as the reason they can not refund, Do NOT buy from this site!!!!

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DresSale staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question