US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kaseyp

don't think I got any responses from the older job postings. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mem121
7/22/16

This company sends you a canned, unsolicited "critique" of your resume, sending their pitch to the email address you used to access a job board. Do not buy it (literally)!

In their amateurish assessment of my resume, they didn't even get my location correct, and that information appeared at the top of the first page of the document.

Be smart. Do yourself a favor and don't fall for this scam.

caseyc32
5/4/16

Sarah S. did a great job reworking my resume and LinkedIn profile. She nailed both on the first pass! Very impressive and highly recommended.

emilym79
2/10/16

Any positive reviews are planted by the company. If this company were legit, the number they provide to the credit card companies would not be a non working number. Get your credit card, then make it impossible to get in touch with them to cancel. All members should start contesting their credit card charge e every month.

mabelp1
2/1/16

Super fast turnaround and friendly staff. Work is of high quality. I would recommend this service to anyone.

pemac
1/7/16

Who pays to view jobs these days! There are so many websites that do it for free. The business doesn't even make sense. Why pay to view jobs when you can do it on other websites? It is as if they are giving away jobs which is not the case.

Can't understand who would pay to view jobs at this day and age.

emilys78
11/11/15

Applied for a job and got a resume critique instead.

jamesh211
9/23/15

I have contacted my attorney and the BBB. This is a scam and unethical business practices by preying on people who are working hard to better themselves and happen to get drawn in with words like "free" and "professional" which is just another tactic to take your money without providing a legitimate service. Please do your research before getting sucked into paying $99 for absolutely nothing. And then they send you to a collection agency when you realize it was a scam. The local Seattle FBI office is aware and looking into the matter as this crosses state lines and thus becomes federal jurisdiction just like the US mail. Federal law defines computer fraud as the use of a computer to create a dishonest misrepresentation of fact as an attempt to induce another to do or refrain from doing something which causes loss.

michaell145
8/31/15

My resume writer, Nicole, did a great job at integrating multiple career paths into my resume and turned my resume into an active one from a passive one. The staff were professional, courteous, and timely in their responses.

jaredg
8/3/15

They had no premium jobs, even had less jobs than free sites like indeed or e-financial.

charlesr44
8/3/15

I had applied for a job through Doostang, and was somewhat irritated when the response I received was a critique of my resume. I came across these reviews, and see that many others have experienced the same thing. From my perspective, I would never do business with them on the basis of the false advertising (of "jobs") alone.

Having said that, I'll tell my story. I've just recently finished my Master of Accounting degree. I have been searching for jobs for about a year now, and have had my resume reviewed by several reputable service. These include the Career Services center of my university, representatives from the Georgia Society of CPA's, and even 2 retired partners from Big 4 accounting firms. Literally NONE of these reviews line up with the "review" that was sent to me by Doostang.

For anyone who may be considering this service, do yourself one favor. Take a phrase or two from the first paragraph. Copy and paste that into Google. When I did this, I found numerous "reviews" of resume where the 1st paragraph was a word for word duplication of what I had in the "critique" that Sebastian King sent to me.

Thanks, but no thanks.

lorealh
7/29/15

Nicole was assigned to be my writer and she was awesome. She really paid attention to my requests and needs for my resume. And the best part is she finished my resume before the expected date. The resume was so stinking good that I only wanted very minor changes. So I was able to start applying to jobs as soon as two days from the time I submitted my request. And within the same week I was called for 2 interviews. This company really delivers on what it promises.

ronm52
7/3/15

I went into this with hesitancy but kept hearing they do a nice job with high tuning of resumes. The site ensured one would increase job interview increases, but I saw no difference between my previous resume and Doostang resume.

rk48
3/6/15

They state that they have qualified writers from all industries and professions. If you are looking in a career for; Administration, office, HR, Accounting etc. then maybe. Any specialized career such as Bio, Medical, Health & Safety, transitioning from A distinguished Military career, Emergency Services, not so much. I tried to speak to my writer personally, verbally, to clarify technical terminology, procedures, policies and was sent an email that stated they do not do that. I had to correct fragmented statements, sentences that were confusing (most likely due to lack of experience in filed) and they encouraged me to feel free to overhaul their draft myself (thought that is why I pay them). Drafts of resume were not satisfactory and their response was that " these are the terms of your agreement". I saved all my email correspondence with them, knowing that I will probably need them in the future. Their last communication was to put resume out-there and see responses. Nothing as of yet. (I am a experienced and award winning professional with over 18 years within a specialized field, looking to transition). Was hoping for a professional service were I could polish up where need be within resume.

I am sure that their writers most likely work from home and so phone conversations are non-existent. Bottom line, if your new to the job market and need a formal resume, that looks good, and properly formatted, then go with the least expensive route. I would not use them again or refer them.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

tonyab4
1/16/15

I was very excited when I received my new resume. The formatting was beautiful and the wording was professional and added a bit of flair to my resume. It was worth every penny that I spent. I am extremely happy with my finished product.

conniel26
12/31/14

I applied for a job that fits my resume. After applying, I recieved an email that said the job posting was closed. Flag 1, agencies and job posting sites do not do this. Posts expire when the employer or agency entering them post expiry dates to them, and posts are removed on that day. Flag 2, recieved email about free resume check without signing up and asking for it. Flag 3, Sebastian King replied with feedback on my resume about not passing 30 second reading rule. You can take the comments and adjust but it's not worth buying. This site is designed to sell this service and doesn't post real jobs. Scam. I've used the same resume to get the right jobs that fit what I'm looking for and was in co-op where they train you on writing resumes. The site lures you in with fake job postings. Red flag.

Tip for consumers: Scam. Easy to write your own resume.

susanm98
12/26/14

This company does not provide you the services they advertise for. I purchased the Resume Service and all they did was reformat my original one. When you try to reach out to someone for the "promised" CONVERSATION they only communicate by email. How can anyone really get to know you by email?? It was awful. I would not recommend this service to anyone. If the company would only refund me my money I would be happy!

irinac
10/28/14

Best Company to deal with ever!!!!!!!
100% satisfied and impressed! Absolutely wonderful jobs(3 projects: resume, cover letter and Linkedln profile)!!! Prompt responses, professional people, all 3 projects finished before the dead line!
Very,very impressed, HARDLY RECOMANDED!
I will never use anybody else than DOOSTANG!!!

joela16
10/14/14

I used the Doostang resume writing service after receiving a fairly good critique of my resume. For my $150, I received back... the same resume I sent in. Doostang's "professional resume writer" literally did not change a word of my resume. They added a summary paragraph that was so generic as to be useless, dropped it into a new template, and that was it. Not a word from the critique was actually taken into account. Worse, they simply deleted some of the important information on my resume. What I received back was useless. I am trying to get my money back.

aleksa140
9/26/14

Total crap, paid $400 and never got a resume.

steveng37
9/5/14

I find it interesting that people either love or hate this service. Perhaps it depends on the person who reviews your resume. I personally got awesome, detailed feedback which has not only improved my resume tenfold, it's changed the way I present myself overall.

maryr61
8/8/14

I am really always clueless into making resumes and cover letters. I have no guide or no sure help into making them. I feel like I might be missing something that people are not noticing. When Doostang reviewed my resume for free, I feel like they confirmed my suspicion. So I decided to ask them to re-write my resume and I am very satisfied in the outcome. I feel like now I have a clue as to what do to, what to write etc.... Thank You Doostang! :)

rodb15
8/8/14

Doostang re-wrote my resume and shortly after posting it online, the calls came pouring in. Recruiters noticed it more than they ever noticed my (what I assumed was well-written) existing resume. It's expensive, but the results were noticible.

nikkib15
8/8/14

I am very pleased with the final version of my resume and cover letter. The process was simple and easy. The team was very attentive and responsive. I would definitely recommend Doostang to my colleagues. If you don't have time to search google for sample resumes and rewrite the resume yourself, Doostang would be perfect for you. I was doubtful at first but I am extremely satisfied with my overall experience.

pattyn3
8/7/14

Doostang did an incredible job of taking my knowledge, experience and skills into a document of accomplishments! The questionnaire was an awesome tool to take my abilities and personalize them to me and my industry. Thanks a lot Doostang and Sebastian, love my resume and cover letter!

ch9782
8/7/14

Total scam. Did anyone receive a glaring review about their resume? Of course not. My resume was put together by a professional and reviewed by my COO as it is sent to clients for consultant services. Still, they told me basically it was garbage and I'd have to start over. Funny enough, I'm not sure if it's because of my position but they are charging me $400... Ok???! No thanks. oh yeah, and their jobs... scam too.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Doostang staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question