US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

emils21
9/25/15

DOCSTOC CONTINUOUSLY STEALING MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD!
Call to US fraud Department about this Scam!

Tip for consumers: See this Scam on Google!

kenc39
6/29/15

SCAM They keep charging your card when you never authorised do not touch these parasite

linnetm
5/27/15

want to cancel my services need customer service number I am done with school

ajcw
4/30/15

through the back door. I likely ordered a subscription to a magazine on line, and suddenly I'm getting magazines which I would NEVER order on my own -- and the only link is this strange *DOCSTOC.com recurring withdrawal from MY bank account. AND - I've changed my email accounts, and bank numbers, so you're not getting accurate data anyway. GO AWAY!
I'm a scientist..and I suddenly receive REAL SIMPLE? How about SCIENCE or NEW Scientist? Pathetic. I'm a consultant, not a corporation.

Tip for consumers: DON'T!

marka82
9/9/14

I REALLY wanted one document on Docstoc that I couldn't find anywhere else, so I nervously signed up, even after reading some horrible reviews. I was about to kick myself with the doc didn't download, but on the third click, it did, I got the doc, no problem. Today I left a voice mail to cancel my subscription - they called me back two hours later, and now I have an email confirmation of my cancellation. Assuming I don't get billed again next month, I have no complaints.

stevew95
7/25/14

I bought a motorcycle workshop manual via PDF download from DocStoc. It turned out to be a rip-off of the Haynes manual for that model. Nowhere do they state the PDF is a copy of a freely-available publication (which I already had anyway). I was expecting a proper factory workshop manual - or at east something better than the Haynes version. They have not refunded my money and they should be investigated for copyright theft. Avoid.

jh183
5/20/14

I linked to this from entrepreneur.com because it said i could download a consulting agreement for free. I went to the site, it said that all i needed to do was enter my email address, then I'd have access to the document. I entered my email address, then it takes me to a page that wanted me to give them money to have immediate access to the document. This is bait and switch marketing and is extremely misleading.

nickc40
5/5/14

What a rip they bait you with a google link to a book and wipe out the putative download link with an ad you can't get rid of. Stay away! Also stay away from their advertisers. One of the most intrusive obnoxious ads came from Quickbooks.

timb53
4/16/14

Users scrape publicly available documents from legitimate sites, then offer them here for sale or through subscription service. They make no attempt to ensure uploaded documents are owned by the people uploading. I only hope they'll actually listen when we complain about the users uploading documents from our site illegally. Some of these users have uploaded over 360,00 documents! Set off any red flags anyone?

imtiaza1
3/11/14

After reading all the reviews in here, now I'm over confirmed that Docstoc.com is a big scammer. I've been messaging after messaging its customer care since February 20, 2014. But it's really weird that till now I've been getting the worst customer support from their part.

I had a docstore (a store for selling premium documents) account in that site. Last February, I decided not to sell any more documents via Docstoc and clear the amount. So, I messaged to support@docstoc.com about my intention to close the account and release the fund. But after sending the first email, things just started getting more and more worse!

I don't know why, but the customer support just started (and till now) playing hide and seek with me. First, they just sent a generic email to me that they would take my issues seriously and solve those as soon as possible. But, five days over, no reply from their part. So I again sent them an email to inquiry about the progress.

They replied that I would get .. amount from my docstore account. I quickly replied them what the . you're talking about! I should be getting . Amount from my account. For more than three days, there was no reply from the support. After sending four consecutive emails, they replied that their finance department assured that the amount is what I told them!

Well, things were not stopped there; they just came up with a new issue. This time they were asking about my mailing address. I was totally shocked with this new issue, because my store account was associated with my paypal email address and this information was there from the day one I created my account.

I emailed them to know why they're now asking about mailing address. I requested them to send the money in my paypal account and not to send any check in my local mailing address. Well, again no reply -- this time for more than days. After sending five consecutive emails, on March 07, 2014, those from the customer support replied: "Your payment is being processed, and the check in the amount of .... will be sent out to you soon".

Today is 11th March 2014 and still no sign of any reply or payment.

Can you suggest what should I do now?

It's been nearly a month since I started communicating with the support, but it's now pretty clear to me that they're not going to gonna pay .

Stay away from sites like this. Don't do any business with Docstoc.

ninav2
3/3/14

Do not sign up for a docstoc account! You will incur charges on a monthly basis. I contacted customer support to disable my account and not only were they rude, they likened docstoc membership to a gym membership. You have to pay even if you don't use it. So don't use it. Tried to change my settings via the website, but the link for settings doesn't work.

Do not sign up for docstoc unless someone else is paying for it.

lauraa11
2/23/14

We needed an employee handbook for our office, after searching a couple times through Google we found we could make one on this stie that was perfect for our needs. Very helpful.

sams131
2/15/14

THIS WEBSITE IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANTED SOME DOCUMENT AND IT SAID IT WAS FREE, BUT IT CHARGED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But luckily, I used fake email generator and fake name generator.

daveb65
1/22/14

scam false marketing,they say it free then need a card.

alexc51
1/4/14

Many of the documents this company sells are available for free by doing a little homework. They are predatory, preying on the ill-informed who are unable or unwilling to do a little research to find the document they are looking for. I was looking for an old watch manual, found this site, then continued my search and found it at the manufacturer's site amongst their archived manuals as a free PDF. Save yourself their silly subscription fees and do your homework.

kennethr19
12/28/13

I go to there site, they won't show me an actual preview till I purchase, so I click the trial for 19.00 dollars, I submit.

Deception deception deception deception deception deception deception deception

They charge the card 119.00 because the auto populate that option then after all that is said and done, the doc,,that got me to sign in the first place was not even available all long.

Deception deception deception deception deception deception deception deception

janicen3
12/28/13

Really amazing collection of content for businesses. I found myself clicking through to all sorts of materials that were extremely helpful, I've bookmarked and intend to go back.

tobyp5
12/18/13

Horrible, deceptive site. Why can't they just be honest at the beginning and tell you it's a pay site? I would have considered joining if they had been up front. Instead they have to waste valuable time before finally making it clear that they want your money.

yw5
12/14/13

OMG...this company is a total scam, and the reviews are definitely done by their own people! I would give them a zero if I can on the rating! We the victims should get together to place a class action against them! We need to stop them before there will be more victims!

db53
12/2/13

I have been using the site for years. I am a small business owner and I don't want to have to turn to my lawyer for every little document I need in my professional and personal life. Its not a service to fix all of your legal needs but it is a repository of a lot of quality documents that can be invaluable.

monicaf4
11/4/13

I was debited 19.95 from this company and apparently someone else used my credit card iformation. When i called i spoke with someone name Jane that was rude as hell.She made me feel as if it was me that authorized the transaction. I was and still is very pissed about this situation. My money is not being returned.All they could say is we will cancel the account...I'm like really no questions or refund when i was not the one authorizing it...I didn't know what this company was and now that i do i would never do business with a company like this....terrible customer service..

bradw20
10/16/13

Scam? Really? Come on. I've been using this site for years and it's great. Some people just want something for nothing.

marcs23
10/16/13

I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the original members of this site, finding it all the way back in 2007 looking for an apartment rental agreement. At the time, I recently started managing a 6 unit apartment building and needed an agreement to use since I did not have one. I've been using the same agreement to this day (6 years) and have not had any issues due to the quality of the document. I've since become a huge fan of the site, uploading many documents of my own which I hope have been able to help others out there as the apartment rental agreement did for me. I've recommended docstoc.com to all my family and friends and would like to publicly put my seal of approval for their service on SiteJabbber.

markb116
10/15/13

I signed up for he service and viewed 22 documents. After realizing, nine days after signing up, the content of the site did not serve my needs I called to cancel my subscription. The first operator I got was rude and continued to try and talk over me instead of first listening to me first. He knew my problem without even hearing it supposedly. I was initially told I "Downloaded" 30 documents and when I pulled up my library to my suprize it showed I had "downloaded" 22 documents. I never downloaded any documents from the site but was told I would be charged 19.95 for a months subscription because of these "downloads". After the nonexistent customer service from the first operator I was put on hold and transferred to the supervisor. The supervisor in turn did not listen either and continued to tell me I was the one wrong. I guess the training manual at docstoc must be filled with everyone's issues with the site so the personnel answering concerns will know them before you call. That way they can be twist the truth, be rude, condescending, belligerent, not listen and tell you how they'll get paid regardless of your true reason for calling! My best advise - D O N O T S U B S C R I B E - its a rip off!

brendad7
10/3/13

This site has been more useful than I ever imagined. It's my go-to for so many things. I have a small business and I've been able to use it for contracts with my clients, rental and employee applications. With this useful took in my arsenal I'm able to appear more professional with proposals and letters, things I might have just written up myself and spent quite awhile perfecting are now at my fingertips and look much better than what I could come up with on my own. I initially got this membership for a single document, but have used it for so much more, both professionally and personally. I highly recommend docstoc, 5 stars!

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Docstoc staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question